Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E12: Week 10: Season Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

So, I was watching something else for the first hour, so I missed most of what happened there, but I caught the entire second half. So I'll comment tomorrow on anything that I've missed.

I loved all three of their dances. All of their fusions were very, very well done. Not surprised at the scores either. I get that Frankie is not as good as the other two, so his scores should be lower. Maybe I'm a little sad about that, but not surprised in the slightest. I thought each of the choices suited their strengths well. 

All of them talking about their experiences made me tear up. 

I knew I wouldn't be disappointed by the order, no matter what, because I love all three in different ways. I'm just happy to have seen all three of them dance to the very end. I'm totally fine with Frankie/Witney getting third. I expected it, and I'm glad that they seem happy with it too. Again, I'm just thrilled to have seen Frankie make it to the finals.

I'm thrilled that Jordan and Lindsay won. Was it predicted since pre-season? Absolutely. Did the show clearly want a Lindsay win? Duh. But I'm happy for them. I'm also happy Lindsey/Mark got second. Very, very well deserved. 

• Love 11

Ahhh so happy for Lindsay and Jordan!! Through Alek, David, Jordan, etc. Lindsay Arnold has worked her butt off and deserves a Mirror Ball!

Probably for the first time I had no idea what order the Final 3 were going to go in and I would have been happy with any order. 

All of the final dances were great of course. We got to see tons of dancing, especially tons of pro dancing. More of that please.

Called Drew and Emma re-doing that Jive- anything to make Jonathan have to dance again.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 10

The right order, imo, went down tonight. Overall it was a very satisfying night of dancing as well. 

I had forgotten that the Shark Tank lady had ever been on, I was happy to have forgotten that, she really needs to learn personal boundaries. Gross and creepy. 

• Love 7

Truly overjoyed with the outcome.

Congratulations to Jordan, one of the best male dancers this competition will ever see and a HUGE congratulations to Lindsay, who just...I don’t even have the words. So happy for both.

Congratulations on an excellent season to my favorite pro of all time, Mark Ballas. I really hope this isn’t the end but if it is, thank you. Thank you for your creativity, your energy, the way you throw your whole being into this competition. My forever fave.

• Love 14

I don’t remember when I liked the final 3 so very much. Probably never. I’m thrilled Jordan won. I was rooting for him since the first time I saw him dance. I’m also thrilled for Lindsay. She really deserved this win. 

I adore Frankie. His enthusiasm is contagious. I hope we see a lot more of him! I really hope he’s on the tour. 

Lindsey is also an amazing person. Her story touched me. I have to check out some of her shows on YouTube. Her pairing with Mark was perfect.  

Congratulations to all 3 couples. I really enjoyed the finale tonight. 

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 17

This is petty and really not important in the grand scheme of the show, but either Erin misspoke or she/teleprompter writer can't add. If Lindsey and Mark had perfect scores for both dances last night and both dances tonight their cumulative score would be 120 (30x4), not 140. 

One of my favorite moments was after the three finalists were announced in the beginning and Lindsey Sterling and Nikki Bella were chatting with each other. I saw Nikki tell Lindsey, "I voted for you!"  I thought that was cute. 

Was there a blooper reel and I just missed it? That's always my favorite part of the finale! 

I feel like there's something really off with Peta. Is that just me reaching? 

Curious if this was our final time having Mark as a pro, very sad if it was. I just love his creativity. 

• Love 3

I will say one thing that kind of amused me was this was a very weepy Final 3. Both Jordan and Lindsey constantly looked on the verge of tears. 

Part of that could just be exhaustion though. Frankie in particular sounded sick. Could we get these poor people some sleep?

Keo picked up both Jordan and Lindsay when Tom announced they won. And Keo and Alan had them up on the shoulders right away. And Terrell was dancing around shirtless filming everything. Basically a fitting end to a season of Dancing with the Stars.

• Love 12

I really didn't want anyone to lose.....although I knew Frankie was going to come in 3rd..as he got the "thanks for playing" speech from Len. Tonight's finale was great..and I am happiest for my Mom who is thrilled Jordan won..

• Love 5

Okay - Erin was just the way she should always be when she said to Maks, "Get this off me, I look fabulous" in such straight even tones.  I loved that.

I would have liked any of the three of them to win in any order - I had a slight bias against Jordan because my life is full of self-promotional teenagers, but he was a real showman.  I loved that Charleston last night.

• Love 3

Lindsay's face when she realized they won was EVERYTHING!!! I'm so so happy she finally won after all her hard work through the previous seasons! She always brings out the best in her partners and enjoys working with them no matter who they are.

Side note: I REALLY wish they had better time management with the finale or didn't insist on going back and forth between the ballroom and the Grove. The last ten minutes were very very rushed and I hate how they didn't leave time to interview either of the top 2 after they announced the winner!!!

• Love 22
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

This is petty and really not important in the grand scheme of the show, but either Erin misspoke or she/teleprompter writer can't add. If Lindsey and Mark had perfect scores for both dances last night and both dances tonight their cumulative score would be 120 (30x4), not 140. 

That confused me for a minute too but remember Julianne was there yesterday so perfect scores were 40.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 00redsvt said:

One of my favorite moments was after the three finalists were announced in the beginning and Lindsey Sterling and Nikki Bella were chatting with each other. I saw Nikki tell Lindsey, "I voted for you!"  I thought that was cute. 

Was there a blooper reel and I just missed it? That's always my favorite part of the finale! 

Curious if this was our final time having Mark as a pro, very sad if it was. I just love his creativity. 

Probably, cause they will keep giving him talented female celebs and make the finale and lose to a male celebrity yet again.

• Love 2
Just now, LexieLily said:

Monday there were 4 judges so 2 perfect scores are 2x40=80

Tuesday there were 3 judges so 2 perfect scores are 2x30=60

Add them together and 4 perfect scores are 140

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

4 judges on Monday with Julianne. Perfect score is 40 points. Two perfect scores = 80. Add that to the two perfect dances tonight (total of 60 points) and you get the 140.

Lindsay A. is creeping up on Cheryl for the most perfect scores for a female pro. She is only one behind Cheryl. If she gets a good celeb next season, she would surpass Cheryl and perhaps catch up to Mark.

Edited by madpsych78
6 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I don’t remember when I liked the final 3 so very much. Probably never. I’m thrilled Jordan won. I was rooting for him since the first time I saw him dance. I’m also thrilled for Lindsay. She really deserved this win. 

I adore Frankie. His enthusiasm is contagious. I hope we see a lot more of him! I really hope he’s on the tour. 

Lindsey is also an amazing person. Her story touched me. I have to check out some of her shows on YouTube. Her pairing with Mark was perfect.  

Congratulations to all 3 couples. I really enjoyed the finale tonight. 

Seconding every word of this. Well said :). 

I always like it at the end of the season when everyone gets to reminisce and the former contestants get to come back and just kick back and have fun without worrying about scores or being voted off or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, sab85 said:

Part of that could just be exhaustion though. Frankie in particular sounded sick. 

My mom said the same thing. What a time to potentially get a cold, huh? Hopefully they're all getting some well deserved rest and relaxation now. 

• Love 2

I loved all three finalists, but I'm really thrilled that Jordan & Lindsay won!  They were both so deserving! 

This was the best finale this show has done. Three fantastic finalists, lots of great dancing throughout the show, clever and appropriate use of the remaining contestants, and no silly filler. Plus, I enjoyed Lindsey's violin number and Jordan's song.  Well done!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Uke said:

Monday there were 4 judges so 2 perfect scores are 2x40=80

Tuesday there were 3 judges so 2 perfect scores are 2x30=60

Add them together and 4 perfect scores are 140

1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

4 judges on Monday with Julianne. Perfect score is 40 points. Two perfect scores = 80. Add that to the two perfect dances tonight (total of 60 points) and you get the 140.

Wow, I totally forgot Julianne was there last night. Lol.

• Love 3

Every time I tried to check out the show tonight, it was a commercial.  So, I guess that was a sign.  It was a foregone conclusion anyway.  It was Lindsay’s turn and they had to hand her a super ringer to make sure it happened.

So, whose turn is it now?  Who’s next to win?

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 4

Well I am thrilled with the outcome.  Congratulations to all the folks who stayed with Jordan and Lindsay through a lot of he's just a ringer talk, and ringers hardly ever win...people with some sort of training are just more entertaining.  Len is right. The best male contestant dancer in 25 seasons.  And it's not just hype.  That guy could make ballroom and latin look like a walk in the park, but it's darn hard work to make it look easy.  And Lindsay is an outstanding teacher, she has done great work and I am so glad she's finally recognized for it.  

• Love 18

So here's my issue with Jordan, and every other Disney kid they've ever had. If I had told my parents - at the age of 13 - "I want to be an actor!" their response would not have been "Great, honey, let's move to L.A. and start auditioning!" What they would have said was "That's nice. Go to school. When you turn 18 you can pursue whatever career you want." 

There's something really creepy about parents this indulgent. Maybe I'm just jealous? But I keep hearing this same story over and over again whenever they have one of these kids on the show. "My parents gave up everything so I could follow my dream!" I'm not sure that's good parenting. I'm looking at those parents and thinking either they are the most indulgent parents in the world, or they look at their kid and see a potential meal ticket.

For every Jordan there are probably hundreds of kids stuck in Toddlers and Tiaras or Dance Moms hell. This just isn't a life story I can wrap my head around or admire. 

Was Jordan the best dancer this season? Absolutely. But did I ever give a shit about him? Never. He's weird.

• Love 8

Hmmmm Robert Roldan has appeared conspicuously in the troupe a fair amount this season....  The camera does love him...  He isn't possibly hard enough up for work to join the dang troupe is he?  He seems to be gainfully employed most of the time, but he has spent a LOT Of time on the reality show dance circuit at this point.  

Edited by crowceilidh
17 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I had forgotten that the Shark Tank lady had ever been on, I was happy to have forgotten that, she really needs to learn personal boundaries. Gross and creepy. 

Her dance was hilarious, the song literally ended in the middle of a line!

11 minutes ago, 00redsvt said:

I agree. She doesn't look like her usual self. 

10 minutes ago, sab85 said:

I will say one thing that kind of amused me was this was a very weepy Final 3. Both Jordan and Lindsey constantly looked on the verge of tears. 

For some reason, I was super emotional at the end and teary also! That usually doesn't happen!

6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Wow, I totally forgot Julianne was there last night. Lol.

Lol! However, she is a better judge than Shania Twain! 

Just now, Andiethewestie said:

Well I am thrilled with the outcome.  Congratulations to all the folks who stayed with Jordan and Lindsay through a lot of he's just a ringer talk, and ringers hardly ever win...people with some sort of training are just more entertaining.  Len is right. The best male contestant dancer in 25 seasons.  And it's not just hype.  That guy could make ballroom and latin look like a walk in the park, but it's darn hard work to make it look easy.  And Lindsay is an outstanding teacher, she has done great work and I am so glad she's finally recognized for it.  

Many ringers, both male and female, have won this show. I don't begrudge Jordan's win at all, he worked super hard and had all the pressure of being the front runner and the high expectations that come from it. Also, Lindsay gave him far and away the most difficult choreography of all the contestants, maybe even the most difficult I've seen on this show, period. They should be super proud!!

• Love 20

Oh, thank God for DVR!

Mark and Lindsey's Jive was probably my favorite dance of theirs, so I was happy to see it again. Did I blink and miss it though, or did they not do the cartwheel thing? I also enjoyed their fusion dance.

Frankie and Witney. I think Witney did him a disservice with the fusion dance. Too much smoke, and I just didn't feel like it was Frankie's best effort. However, no matter how good it might/could have been, with Lindsey and Jordan in the mix he wasn't going to do better than third.

Jordan and Lindsay--I just love to watch him dance!

I would have been ok with Lindsey winning, but I am thrilled that Jordan pulled it off and won and Lindsay got her first win as a pro!

Watching Derek and Terrell again, I still can't believe that Drew outlasted them.

LOL'ed at Barbara's very short appearance!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, 00redsvt said:

I thought something was missing! I figured that I could have missed it because I was knitting through the first hour of the show (because we know it's all filler) and went into a food coma there towards the end (because burger) so I came here to see what everyone was saying about it and... I guess it never happened? Boo! That's one of my favourite parts of every season. 

• Love 7

I'm going to go shallow and say my favorite part of the finale is the male pro dance. Not sorry. (Closely followed by the behind the scenes and the dress rehearsal footage.)

I wasn't as thrilled with this finale. Usually is one big party and a bunch of memory lane visits, but this time it just felt like more competition show. I'm disappointed in that.

Plus it felt like it was all redone; the male pro  dance was similar to a dance they did last year with gift boxes, the opening in the living room set was similar to last year, ... and something else, but it's slipped my mind at the moment.

Also, what was with all the long shots over the crowd at the Grove? I couldn't really see much of the dancing. 

Not as excited about an all athlete mini season as I was about the idea of a redemption mini season, either. 

Edited by McManda
omg swype typos
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, tessaforever said:

Her dance was hilarious, the song literally ended in the middle of a line!

I wondered why that bit ended so abruptly at first, thinking they'd pick up and continue with the song shortly after. Then when they cut to her sitting on that guy's lap, and just left it at that and moved on to the next thing, I was like, "...oh. Okay, then..." That was weird. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PBGamer89 said:

I just expected more from the fans after a season of female ringers getting hated and eliminated early to have more backlash on another huge ringer.

It made the whole thing seem like "sorry we don't hate ringers, just the female ones".

The fans might have also been tired of the C brothers and even Mark, even though Mark had not been on for a while. And if Derek had been on they would have been tired of him as well.

Celebs only appear for one season. It's the PROS that long-time DWTS fans invest in because they are there from season to season.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, McManda said:

I'm going to go shallow and say my favorite part of the finale is the male pro dance. Not sorry. (Is closely followed by the blower tell and the dress rehearsal footage.)

*Joins you in the shallow section* 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

I just expected more from the fans after a season of female ringers getting hated and eliminated early to have more backlash on another huge ringer.

It made the whole thing seem like "sorry we don't hate ringers, just the female ones".

What.

I generally enjoy “ringers”. I’m always immediately drawn to the best dancers and through the season my support for one will outlast the rest.

I wanted Normani to win last season and thought the backlash Heather faced was extreme but is that supposed to stop me from enjoying Jordan?? Who is your issue really with?

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I wondered why that bit ended so abruptly at first, thinking they'd pick up and continue with the song shortly after. Then when they cut to her sitting on that guy's lap, and just left it at that and moved on to the next thing, I was like, "...oh. Okay, then..." That was weird. 

Not to mention the hid both her and Keo behind ... someone. I was only kind of paying attention.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 7

Gleb like literally stood in front of her and Keo. From the way they were laughing though that could have been an accident. 

The female pro outfits with the giant bow on the butts were...odd. I kept wondering why everyone was dressed as squirrels. 

No blooper reel?! C'mon show, you already took DanceCenter away from us. Remember your cheesy, goofy roots. I need Erin's bi-annual potshot at Keo.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, doLLish said:

What.

I generally enjoy “ringers”. I’m always immediately drawn to the best dancers and through the season my support for one will outlast the rest.

I wanted Normani to win last season and thought the backlash Heather faced was extreme but is that supposed to stop me from enjoying Jordan?? Who is your issue really with?

Jordan was with a likeable pro whereas Normani and Heather had the C Brothers.  I am not a fan of them at all.

• Love 8

My husband saw the final 3 dance for the first time this season, he actually asked me to play back Jordan's dance.  He knew from seeing one dance Jordan should win.

I wonder if Frankie would've come in 2nd if he hadn't gotten the two nines on his last dance.  I also wonder if his freestyle cost him points.

I would think Mark would be proud of his former student Lindsay for winning.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, McManda said:

I'm going to go shallow and say my favorite part of the finale is the male pro dance. Not sorry. (Is closely followed by the blower tell and the dress rehearsal footage.)

I'll join you in the shallow end of the pool. I hear there's a wade-up bar!

6 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

It was so awkwardly funny, made even better by Barbra looking around like she was surprised the music had ended and was waiting for it to start again. I'm gonna assume that they had to cut some content to make up time elsewhere, hence the abruptness, but man. They could have cut out Nick Lachey singing. I'd rather watch Barbra try to ride reindeer Keo around the stage for another verse. 

• Love 3

I  do not understand why this has now become a thing with them, this whole rushing the final result at the last second, literally running the credits over the winners as they are just barely getting to hug and celebrate, and be lifted on the shoulders of the others, and then the camera pans away so good luck trying to pick out anybody, with all the glitter and confetti flying everywhere and good luck making out whom is saying what to whoever because of all the people cheering, and it is literally the most chaotic and messy 30 seconds by far. 

That drives me nuts. I couldn't believe they came back from commercial, announced Frankie as third place, and then went right back to commercial again. I was like, SERIOUSLY?! That's so stupid. You won't have any time left to actually congratulate the winners or talk to the runners-up. It's such a time waste for the entire show, and then they cram it all in at the last second so you don't actually get to enjoy seeing the win.

That said, I'm thrilled for Lindsay and Jordan. They were an amazing team. So cute together, and fantastic dancers.

And I'm sad for Mark and Lindsey, who were also a pairing that was meant to be. They really worked well together, and I loved watching them dance.

• Love 8
Just now, smiley13 said:

Jordan was with a likeable pro whereas Normani and Heather had the C Brothers.  I am not a fan of them at all.

I was a C bro fan. I can’t stand Maks anymore and Val...I like more as a person than a pro. I’ve seen so many of his glaring flaws the last two seasons. As much as I believe Normani was nitpicked to death and I know lots of fans never warmed to her, Val did her no favors the final weeks.

• Love 8

As soon as she came on screen, I left the room. Not interested in seeing her molest the male pro dancers.

• Love 6

I know in the last few seasons the show has started the "Look Back" song for the Finalists as kind of their version of One Shining Moment but they need to cut it-it's not working. It just takes time away that we could actually see the reactions/celebrations and maybe even sneak an interview in. Plus, it seems as though the finalists can't see the monitors as the audience can so it's just an awkward 2 minutes for them as they sway while a bunch of people stare at them. 

As soon as it was leaked that Jordan was going on the tour, I knew he had it in the bag.

I don't know if you are alluding to this or not but I believe the DWTS TBTB can't actually rig the show. They can (and do) manipulate it all to heck by giving some people better running order, better dances, more screen time but they can't actually change the outcome.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 5