Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E11: Week 10: Season Finale Part 1

• Start Topic

This hasn't been the greatest season BUT I do find the final four pairings have bonded so tightly to each other compared to recent memory.

I was going to say it was Jordan's to lose but DAAAAAAMN Mark and Lindsay may have yoinked it from them and I can't complain.  It's the only freestyle that really made me take notice. 

• Love 12

Mark says quirky, I say there's something about Mark's version of quirky that rubs  me the wrong way. They're good, but I'm just not a fan. I did like the Argentine Tango-esque life (a la Evan and Anna), though.

Overall I thought this batch of freestyles was among the better in the show's history. Yes, even Drew's.

The right person probably went home, though.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 7

I'd like to add that I'm glad that there were no contemporary freestyles. Those were becoming as predictable as the couples doing hip-hop freestyles back in the earlier seasons.

Lindsey's and Marks stood out to me. It was definitely something fresh, and something unexpected...which I appreciate.

Even though Jordan and Lindsay had a Charleston-Swing like freestyle, they had great energy and I felt that.

I enjoyed each freestyle, but those two were the top Freestyles of the night, in my opinion.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, luvthepros said:

I have wanted Jordan and Lindsey to win all along. I just gave all my votes to Lindsey and Mark. That Freestyle knocked it out of the park. Soooo damn good!!!

I still want Jordan and Lindsey to win Marks already had 2 trophies

• Love 8

Happy Finale Night everyone! I’m looking forward to great dancing and amazing freestyles.

Drew and Emma: What a great time for his best dance of the season. This was pretty damn good. I thought I saw a bit of an awkward stumble on the corner but not a big deal. Bruno definitely helped. Would have given 8s but I’m okay with 9s I guess. Interested in the implications these 9s will have on the rest of the dances.

Interesting that Drew said everyone is here to have fun tonight. I really hope so. If I never see another sentimental, tear jerker, desperate for votes, mish-mash contemporary/“Jazz” freestyle again in my life it’ll be too soon. It’s just so obvious and pathetic at this point. I miss the big, wow factor, show stopping freestyles we’ve had in the past and I hope that’s what we’re getting tonight.

Frankie and Witney: Wow. The Foxtrot of my dreams. I loved it.

Frankie’s talk about how confident he is won’t blip the radar (it shouldn’t, I have no problem with it) but if another contestant that shall remain nameless talked about how confident they were they’d be called cocky and some would use that as the reason they haven’t been able to put their finger on all season that they didn’t like them. Only certain contestants are allowed to be openly confident while others must remain humble at all times. Just a thought.

Jordan and Lindsay: There’s nothing left to say about these two. Jordan is such a freaking performer. Lindsay absolutely brought out the best in him and he her. Their freestyle is gonna kill me.

Lindsey and Mark: This was really good. It didn’t excite me as much as it did the judges though. That’s probably because I don’t care for the Quickstep much in general. And I also feel like Lindsay has had better performances that deserved the perfect score way more than this one did.

FREESTYLES!!!!!!!

Drew and Emma: YES EMMA! “A freestyle should be a celebration of who you are.” Lmao @ “...I’ll make my Mirrorballs dance together, I’ll make them kiss!” She’s so cute. I cannot express how much I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS! This was everything I want from a freestyle and then some. Exactly what a freestyle should be, just like Julianne said. Emma is a freaking powerhouse.  

From the costumes everyone has on it looks like they’ve all discarded the sob story freestyles and that is what I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving. FINALLY.

Frankie and Witney: Interesting that they're actually showing producer interference. I’m not sure how to take that. And then him sobbing? “The producers told me to do something different but I’m gonna trust my partner who I love so much.” Yeah I’m completely turned off. The entire package was so manipulative. As far as the actual dance, I feel this would have been a great freestyle for someone else. It didn’t fit Frankie at all nor did it play to his strengths IMO. The audience is chanting his name? LMAO. Rhythm Nation?? Is this some kind of joke? Give me a break, seriously.

Jordan and Lindsay: Not just a freestyle worthy of winning the competition but if Lindsay doesn’t win an Emmy for it she was robbed. My heart is beating out of my chest. This was the freestyle I wanted to see from them and I am floored.

Alfonso, of all people, saying Jordan needs some humble pie and the producers airing that during the freaking finale is one of the most egregious things this show has ever done. Especially since no one else received any negative comments. If it was a pros and cons thing for everyone, I would totally get it. But it wasn't. He grovels at Lindsay’s feet every chance he gets. He always directs all praise to her. He’s damn near in tears every time the judges praise him but still it’s not enough. He has to get in his knees and be thankful for even being allowed to breathe air in the Ballroom. Again this agenda being pushed with only certain people having to be humble is OBVIOUS and it’s disgusting.

Lindsey and Mark: I absolutely loved this! He really stayed true to who Lindsay was and this was an amazing celebration of her. Mark did it again. More Emmy worthy choreography. Simply amazing. One of my favorite freestyles of all time.

Would be happy with either a Jordan or Lindsey win. I want it for Jordan a little more because Lindsay absolutely deserves it and she simply won’t ever have a better chance.

I was gonna skip this season and I really should have. I took a long break from this show before and I need another one. This is for sure my last season for awhile.

• Love 12

Drew went 4th as expected. Classy exit as always. 

I really didn't think Julianne added much as a judge but always love to see her dance. 

The only reason to put Maks and Val in Drew's freestyle for 10 seconds is Emma is smaaart and was hoping to capitalize on their fan base. Guess we won't know if it worked. I am glad they went for something a bit different in the freestyle. 

Jordan's freestyle was amazing but I actually found it too similar in style to his Charleston. I also thought he was over-dancing at times, especially in the Charleston. 

Lindsay is such a dance dork and I love her. "This is what I do at night, I go home and write down notes!"

I see they let Brittany Cherry out of the attic. Hi Brittany!

I've never been the biggest fan of Lindsey but that may be one of my favorite freestyles ever. Mark was so smart. I don't know that I've ever seen a freestyle suit someone so well.

So I want Jordan and Lindsay to win the Mirrorball but I need Mark Ballas to win that Emmy for his incredible choreography this season. 

I would be completely fine with this scenario.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 3

I thought all 4 freestyles were actually great. Lindsey and Mark killed it though. She seriously peaked at the perfect time. Not sure if she will be able to pull an upset over Jordan but it would be deserving if she did. For once I actually didn't feel like the show was pushing one contestant over another. It seems like the show would be happy with Jordan or Lindsey winning.

• Love 5

I totes did NOT recognize Normani and was looking her up on Wiki to see if she’d left the group

when Tom name-checked her.  Pitbull must be eensy teensy, because those girls looked like giants next to him.  I love his music, but he gives me bad feelings.

That was the best Charleston I’ve ever seen.  Lindsay is the freaking bomb.  Their bodies suit each other so well when they’re dancing.  He’s stupid to be saying things like “Lindsay has made me a better artist” – he really strikes the wrong notes far too often when he talks, like a teenager.  Man, that was good.  I’ll be chuffed for him if he wins.

• Love 2

Mark and Lindseys freestyle, wow, just wow that's what a freestyle is about , so creative.

I loved Jordan he looked like a pro, not someone who just learnt ballroom..

Julianne's dance made me tear up. I shall watch her again, and Mark/Lindsey's freestyle

Frankie has his fans though..but tonight something was lacking, maybe he was tired, but the producer calling Witney didnt seem right..very odd and staged imho

Great show tonight, congrats to the F3..and well done Drew..( applause for all) 

I have wanted Jordan and Lindsey to win all along. I just gave all my votes to Lindsey and Mark. That Freestyle knocked it out of the park. Soooo damn good!!!

Me too!!!!!!!!!

I've never been the biggest fan of Lindsey but that may be one of my favorite freestyles ever. Mark was so smart. I don't know that I've ever seen a freestyle suit someone so well.

Incredible...that mind!!!

• Love 1

Lindsey playing the violin while being twirled around. Dude. MAJOR props to her for that. That freestyle was absolutely fantastic. As was Jordan's.

They made the right choice in sending Drew home tonight, but I feel bad for him leaving now, too, because his dances tonight were really good. Especially his freestyle. That was just plain fun and charming as hell. 

Frankie's first dance in particular was lovely and sweet. Everyone had a good night in general, it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out tomorrow night. 

As for Julianne Hough, she looked kinda like Gwen Stefani during that dance she did (which was beautiful and moving).

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 1

Drew’s paso actually showed a Drew who could be a leading man and could act for about the first time (and I’ve been a Property Bros watcher).  He always seems so guarded, like he’s ready to get a hand in front of the next punch that’s coming for him, but for the first time he looked completely unafraid.  Hope he watches it a lot and learns something from it.  I personally think Jonathan bullies him<kinda grin>.

That’s pretty good face work on Lionel Richie. What nonsense was that?

Lindsey seemed really off balance about something for the first quarter of that really really really long dance.  Wow, I don’t know whose fault it is that that dance was so boring, because I love the music and I love QS, so WTW? Camera light costume? I just dunno.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

Lindsay playing the violin while being twirled around. Dude. MAJOR props to her for that.

Let's not pretend she was actually playing at that point. Not that I'd expect her to - that dance was involved.

• Love 11

No matter who gets the Ugliest Trophy in TV History, I truly believe that Lindsay Arnold won this season. It's been a fantastic showcase of her choreography and Jordan was the perfect partner for her to make that happen. 

• Love 19

All along I've thought Jordan would win but I think Lindsey might've stolen it from him tonight. Both were excellent freestyles.

I like Drew but I'm glad he went home. No way should he have been in the finals over Frankie. Funny thing is before the season started I thought Frankie would be first out.

I'm really getting tired of the show forcing the Chmerkovskiys and their women down our throats. Did they really need to be "featured" in the opening number? I don't find either couple interesting at all to watch dance and I used to think Maks could have dance chemistry with a wet mop until he started dancing with Peta. I know I'll get crap for this but honestly, Peta and Jenna would be a couple of nobodies without their relationships with Maks and Val. I can't stand watching either of them.

I thought Erin looked beautiful tonight. That dress was a great color on her. 

Please.........no more Pitbull. Ever.

Very interested to hear this announcement about the spring tomorrow. My gut is that they'll bring back past runner-ups to complete in a shortened season.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Just when I was enjoying a Julianne Hough free season...

Great dancer though.

Her dress, her hair, man she looked stunning. She's a better judge than stupid CA...and that dance was just awesome, what a beautiful tribute!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Toonces464 said:

I thought Erin looked beautiful tonight. That dress was a great color on her. 

I kept thinking of 'Frozen' when looking at her dress :p. It did look lovely on her, though, yes. 

• Love 2

For the redemption dances;

-Drew was the weakest. I figured he was toast when he got all 9's.

-Frankie was good but I did notice some of his posture not being great.

-Jordan was good, as a trained dancer should, but I found it a tad on the busy side.

-Lindsey was so much improved on this Quickstep to actual proper music. She kept up in hold for that almost 2 minute dance. My arms hurt for her after that.

For the freestyles;

-Drew was good, better than expected, but agreed with CAI that he wasn't totally in sync with the rest

-Frankie was odd cause I liked it, but it wasn't his best. It was too much going on and as a result it felt out of control in spots. 

-Jordan's was strong, once again, I expected this type of flashy tricky number from so I wasn't exactly blown away, but honestly any talented male ringer could've done that dance, so while it was danced well and entertaining, I don't think it was unique to Jordan

-Lindsey's freestyle was absolutely incredible, easily of my favorite freestyles i've ever seen. So creative, so original. No one but Lindsey and Mark could've done that and that's the thing Jordan's was missing. That could've given her the win, the crowd went insane.

I hope Lindsey can pull a victory. She's tied with Jordan for scores so neither has a score advantage, so it really will be votes.

• Love 8

That was a total eff up as far as I’m concerned from Witney.  The heavy acting session before it about how much he trusted her and how much she’d changed his life show that production is trying to mitigate the effects, but I’d be stunned if that got him a win (What is the studio audience smoking?) Dying to see the number crunching on what the judges did here.

I loved Drew’s freestyle.  I wonder if they had to knock him down the one vote for a reason?

• Love 3

I thought Julianne's dance was beautiful, but it seemed out of place?  It would've fit in better during the saddest dance of the year week, or rather most memorable year week?

Glad Drew is out, he should've been weeks ago.

i thought Lindsay's dance was fine but Mark lifting her while she played the violin didn't translate as dancing to me.

• Love 7

I didn't do a writeup of all the dances tonight.  But they all really stepped up their game tonight.  Drew did the best he's ever done.  Frankie too.  While I'm not sure that his freestyle was the best choice, I don't think he'll win and if that dance gave him a lasting benefit, a boost of confidence, then so be it.    Jordan's freestyle was everything but the kitchen sink and just seemed frantic to me.  I was focused on the cane and the hat and would he drop it or not...instead of getting into the dance itself.  But the showstopper of the night was Lindsey - playing that violin while she's being spun around, upside down, never stopping.  THAT was amazing!   The only shock of the evening was Alfonso saying Jordan needed a piece of humble pie.  Wow! Jordan's not going to like hearing that when he watches the show.  A little harsh - I agree, but a little harsh.  A really good show tonight!

• Love 2
Just now, scenicbyway said:

I thought Julianne's dance was beautiful, but it seemed out of place?  It would've fit in better during the saddest dance of the year week, or rather most memorable year week?

Honestly, I thought it was too busy. I kept losing track of Julianne in the crowd of dancers.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Glad Drew is out, he should've been weeks ago.

i thought Lindsay's dance was fine but Mark lifting her while she played the violin didn't translate as dancing to me.

Thats what I love about Freestyle, anything goes, anything..something that has been missing for a few seasons..

• Love 4

I think that Lindsey's choreographer was involved in that Freestyle because it looked a lot like her shows in parts.  He had worked on Mark and  Sadie's freestyle previously.   But I still loved Jordan and Lindsay's freestyle, that ending move was some kind of wow. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Alfonso Ribero is an insufferable jerk and Whitney forfeited the trophy with that over indulgent nonsense of a freestyle.

I will be happy with either Lindsey/say winning

I have never liked him and he showed me why( again) 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Alfonso Ribero is an insufferable jerk and Whitney forfeited the trophy with that over indulgent nonsense of a freestyle.

I will be happy with either Lindsey/say winning

I agree, that's why Alfonso will never be anything other than Carleton and a game show host. 

Edited by Andiethewestie
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Very interested to hear this announcement about the spring tomorrow. My gut is that they'll bring back past runner-ups to complete in a shortened season.

Pretty sure it's the Junior version being announced, as that's what intended from the press releases back in May. 

I still want Jordan to win. But Mark did an amazing job with that choreography of their freestyle. I’m a little nervous now! 

I loved Jordan’s but expected a little different. 

Wish Witney listened to the producer. But I guess the judges don’t agree with me. 

I wish other dancers weren’t allowed in the freestyle. 

I am thrilled with this final 3. 

Edited by nutty1

OH MY GORFLEHUMP!  That was the most amazing freestyle I have ever seen.  If Mark doesn't win an Emmy for that, there is corruption in the voting system.  ZOMG.  I was weeping full out at its awesomeness long before the end.  

9 MINUTES AGO, TOONCES464 SAID:

Pretty sure it's the Junior version being announced, as that's what intended from the press releases back in May. 

Check the story on the Media thread.  DWTS Jr has been binned. YAY!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Tom Bergeron said that isn't happening anymore on Twitter today. There's gonna be a short 4 week season in the Spring.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Tom announced today on Twitter that it won't be the Junior version (thank goodness) but some kind of shorten season. My guess is either All-Stars or some kind of "Redemption" season (runners-up, shock eliminations, etc.)

• Love 3

So they just happened to have a camera on the producer when she was phoning Witney? Come on, DWTS... how stupid do you think we are?

Best giggle of the night: Alfonso saying Jordan should eat some humble pie...  LMAO.

Drew was the most improved of the lot - JMO - and I trust Emma is proud of her outstanding work. Did he deserve the MBT? No. However, he worked it right to the end - with class - and went out a winner.

Mark's choreography is OTT - outstanding, and Lindsey deserves the win for that freestyle.

However... Lindsay (who is amAzing) should win this MBT because I doubt she'll ever have another partner who's as talented and as in sync with her as Jordan. Too bad about his ringer status.

I really don't care who 'wins' as it's not going to change my life in any way... it's up to the voters now. This is a reality show, right?

It's been an entertaining season and I'll miss it next Monday night.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, sab85 said:

Tom announced today on Twitter that it won't be the Junior version (thank goodness) but some kind of shorten season. My guess is either All-Stars or some kind of "Redemption" season (runners-up, shock eliminations, etc.)

Ahhhh gracias.  And thank jeebus for no rugrats!  If that's the case, I think Redemption would be a bit more of a draw than what was considered to be "All Stars." 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, howmanywords said:

Whether one believes Jordan isn't humble or not is moot, its Alfonso of all people saying it that's laughable. Pot meet kettle.

LOL! My thoughts exactly! There's a lot of irony in Alfonso saying that Jordan needs a slice of humble pie. Alfonso seems like he'll need a few pieces himself!

• Love 7

And I'm adding a dance to my "DWTS Top 10" playlist. (My kids want to know why I have 23 dances in my top 10.) And it's Lindsey and Mark's freestyle. That was just wow! I thought all the freestyles were good, but that one blew me away. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

LOL! My thoughts exactly! There's a lot of irony in Alfonso saying that Jordan needs a slice of humble pie. Alfonso seems like he'll need a few pieces himself!

Alfonso look like he ate the whole damn pie which is why Jordan didn't get a slice. Thick ass great value Ben Vereen gets on my last nerve. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Anyone else see Kym in the audience tonight?

Kym, Robert H., Apolo, Kristi, Anna T., Bindi, some more I'm probably forgetting- it was basically a reunion show. 

• Love 5

Loved tonight's show..entertaining as hell..Drew stepped it up but was the right one to go home. I love Frankie..I really do..but I think he peaked a few weeks ago....and now the exhaustion is setting in. I never would have dreamed rooting for him when he was announced. I was just thrilled he was a name I knew.

As for who should win? Lindsey did the greatest freestyle but Jordan was the best overall for the season...and besides, my Mom loves Jordan and I want my Mom to be happy...(even if I am rooting for Frankie to upset!)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sab85 said:

Kym, Robert H., Apolo, Kristi, Anna T., Bindi, some more I'm probably forgetting- it was basically a reunion show. 

Maybe an abbreviated all-stars season this spring with some of these celebrities and dancers participating???  If the announcement is during tomorrow' show, makes sense they'd be out there in LA.

Also, am I weird for not being wowed by Stirling's freestyle? I felt like she actually didn't dance much compared to some of the others and that Mark's flair for a performance was showcased more than her actual dance ability. Of course YMMV.  But if people say Jordan put on a Broadway number because it's his wheelhouse (true), wouldn't the same be said for Lindsey doing a theatrical violin piece like she has in music videos?  

• Love 12