Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E11: Week 10: Season Finale Part 1

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, nutty1 said:

He didn't star in Grease, I read he had a very small role.

Jordan was not in the original cast in Hamilton and was there 6-8 weeks.  He did very little dancing in the two roles he played. The first act is a larger vocal role.  But 6 -8 weeks;  Not really from Broadway.  Great musical.  See it even if it’s 6 years from now.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Andiethewestie said:

I adore Hamilton and personally would have enjoyed anything that was inspired by the musical but it would’ve been a great mistake. A lot of people not knowing anything about Hamilton would think that Jordan had played the lead and was in the original production.  It would have suggested that he danced hisass off in it. Further from the truth,  yeah there are many alumni from Hamilton as there are four productions in the world going on and his role was more of a vocal role than the dancing.  If they had done a Hamilton inspired dance it would have just made more people say See, see see he is such a ringer.  IMHO.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 3

I'm curious to know your theory for the Frankie-package-producer-manipulation

I'm utterly mystified.  I was hoping the more inventive thinkers amongst my friends here would come up with something.  I cannot figure it out at all.  That was a whole eff of a lot of shenaninagans and I want to know a reason why.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TroopinFairy said:

Jordan also played SeaCat in both of Disney channel’s “Teen Beach Movie” movies. Strange that this hasn’t ever been mentioned on the show. 

Was that a dancing role?  Was he the star?  Sounds pretty obscure.

15 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I WILL agree with everyone that thank jeebs there were no contemporaries.  If Victoria stayed in, you KNOW that would be been her thing.  That way she can cup her hands over her mouth at the end and go running into the audience with a "I'm so inspirational because last year I couldn't walk!  Did everyone see my legs move?"  Gah, she's gone and still getting on my nerves.

No, it would've been another contemporary to showcase Jenna, show Victoria falling forward like she's learning to walk again, and THEN cupping her hands and running away. I sound so petty but I can't help it. I get so tired of being INSPIRED TO DEATH by some contestants. 

5 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Okay, I was wrong...

Wait, they danced together? It was so fast it was like a bunch of little blurs on my screen, whizzing and whirring around! 

11 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Thank you !!!! It has bothered me all season. She just seems so messy.

Her hair makes her look SO young, but sometimes the camera gives her a bad angle that makes her look much older than she is. She is a beautiful young lady, I just wish she'd quit with the poof balls and braids! 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Was that a dancing role?  Was he the star?  Sounds pretty obscure.

Yes, he did dance in the role. The movies were choreographed by Kenny Ortega. Seacat was the best friend of one of the leads so, he had a fair amount of screen time. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I'm utterly mystified.  I was hoping the more inventive thinkers amongst my friends here would come up with something.  I cannot figure it out at all.  That was a whole eff of a lot of shenaninagans and I want to know a reason why.

A theory.  The show was really really worried that a dark theme for Frankie would not resonate. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Andiethewestie said:

A theory.  The show was really really worried that a dark theme for Frankie would not resonate. 

That sounds reasonable, although he did so well with the stalker dance. But maybe they felt that it was still too much on top of that. Also TPTB love teh dramaz...I guess they felt like Frankie needed some. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, tessaforever said:

That sounds reasonable, although he did so well with the stalker dance. But maybe they felt that it was still too much on top of that. Also TPTB love teh dramaz...I guess they felt like Frankie needed some. 

Maybe, they did think of the stalker dance and they didn't want something that creepy or intense for the finale.  Who knows?  It could have all been scripted.

• Love 1