Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Just came here to talk about how much I can't take Meghan seriously as an "LGBTQ advocate". 

It seems she's just the type of girl who wants a "sassy gay best friend" but doesn't really care about the community or the struggles or the oppression. Yes she talks about Stonewall and she talks about trans women being killed, but she still votes Republican on election day. She supports Republican politicians, who all are anti LGBT. Even if they aren't outspoken against the community, they all write, vote for, and pass bills and laws that hurt gay, trans, queer people and their rights and protections. How do you claim to be an advocate and ally then go check people's names at the voting booth who hurt LGBT people?

Seeing as her husband is an obvious homophobe, I don't get why she is with him if she REALLY loves the LGBT community so much. Like can you imagine her and her far right husband sitting and watching Drag Race together? I'd pay to see that.

He went on that disgusting tirade against Seth Meyers, making very nasty and homophobic comments in his now deleted tweets, and Meghan said nothing and wasn't pressed about it on The View at all. As somebody who literally got an award for her LGBT "advocacy" she should have to answer for that, or have the award taken. 

Also just a side note, her claiming Kirsten Sinema as "my senator" today was laughable. There's no way in hell Meghan voted for her or would've ever supported her. Don't claim her now just because she's bisexual and the senator of Arizona cause you want more cool point. 

All this x100! She's no ally. She just wants to have gay people kiss her ass while she shills for the people oppressing them.

• Love 18

Sigh. But 50 years ago was before she was born and she knows this - but not other stuff?

And is happy to be married to a guy that protects her - except about LBGTQ?

If I were in that situation I would say I can't understand or agree with my husband. But I love him.  We agree to disagree and that is good. But she throws it under the rug. 

• Love 8
(edited)

And he was.  Quoting the guy who later shot himself.  Okay.

Maybe Meg is channeling Iris Apfel with those sunglasses.

I wonder how Meg feels about her good friend Tomi Lahren promoting the Straight Pride Parade they talked about on the show.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And he was.  Quoting the guy who later shot himself.  Okay.

She wasn't born yet, so she wouldn't know that (sarcasm off).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, bannana said:

This article addresses the fact that NutMeg spoke so passionately about trans women of colour being murdered, while her husband's site publishes articles that do not support even what NutMeg said.

https://www.themarysue.com/meghan-mccain-no-ally/

Once again it's Meghan's own words that are used against her.  She really thinks she can have it both ways.  Look at me I'm a big supporter of the LGTBQ community. Don't pay any attention to whom I'm married to.  Look at me my husband loves me so much.  Don't pay any attention to what he says though.

• Love 12

Falltime: Oh my Goddess of all Things...MM is such a fucking ass hat. Fuck her. Thanks for this, I don't tweet or do Facebook, I'm old for that crap. You just know in your heart of hearts that Joy can not stand that pig bitch.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

For some reason I could not get audio.

But I could see everyone there concerned about what MM was saying. OMG - the glances.

here is the clip- @4:10  she says she misses whoopi. bonus- @3:49 she lets us know she is smart too.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Since we were just talking about McCain’s hypocrisy when calling herself a LGBT ally, I saw a write-up calling her out for the same. And it's so on-point in denigrating ABC and The View for being complicit. Warning for foul language, lol.

http://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_are_better_than_you/meghan-mccain-keeps-acting-like-her-husband-doesnt-publish-transphobic-website.php

This part:

"And if your response to this information is that Meghan shouldn’t be held responsible for her husband’s website, she sits on the goddamn board. Which heavily suggests at least part of the answer to “Who funds The Federalist?” is John McCain’s daughter."

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Since we were just talking about McCain’s hypocrisy when calling herself a LGBT ally, I saw a write-up calling her out for the same. And it's so on-point in denigrating ABC and The View for being complicit. Warning for foul language, lol.

http://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_are_better_than_you/meghan-mccain-keeps-acting-like-her-husband-doesnt-publish-transphobic-website.php

Yup, mentioned this earlier.  See below.

13 hours ago, bannana said:

This article addresses the fact that NutMeg spoke so passionately about trans women of colour being murdered, while her husband's site publishes articles that do not support even what NutMeg said.

https://www.themarysue.com/meghan-mccain-no-ally/

• Love 6
On 6/6/2019 at 9:12 PM, maggiemae said:

Good grief - nothing went together - dress (?) sunglasses, earrings?

Love you wardrobe people!

I did like her hair that way for once.  Tone down the gloss though, too shiny. Blinded me lol

On 6/5/2019 at 8:44 AM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan talked about the democrats impeaching trump.  she made an analogy to SHOOTING, said they need to be sure to hit the jugular, and something weird about making sure he wasn't moving - to make sure he's dead. 

I  believe that her being "out sick" for a few days is connected.  

Could that be taken as treasonous?    Like threatening the life of a president. Even if she didnt do the act, it may plant a seed in somebody.  I doubt secret service will be knocking on her door though.  Say she was on suspension and not sick.  Most companies have a sort of 3 strikes and youre out rule.  Wonder how theyd handle that.  They wont. 

• Love 5
On 6/4/2019 at 6:36 PM, maggiemae said:

Gotta say - MM is always telling us how healthy she is but sure is out sick a lot.

Whats that saying.....dont look a gift horse...da de da de da ...hah whatever it takes baby 😎

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2019 at 6:36 PM, maggiemae said:

Gotta say - MM is always telling us how healthy she is but sure is out sick a lot.

It's "out sick" (haha) most likely.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, TheView said:

Whoopi should tell Meghan that she has Rachel Campos-Duffy on speed dial waiting to take the seat. 

But it would be a LIE, right?  A big fat LIE?????

• Love 1
1 hour ago, graybrown bird said:

OMG she wants to be the new Barbara Walters.

Okay by me, if...IF she leaves "The View" to pursue her dream.  We've all read that Barbara was vindictive and had a mean streak--MM already has a good start.

• Love 13

I can't be the only one who sees this.  

Meghan McCain presents herself as a gun-toting, whiskey drinking, red state conservative who believes in old-fashioned values and connects with blue-collar workers, the regular people, in middle America.  

So - how is any of that compatible with celebrating DRAG QUEENS?   

Is she just always playing a role? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
43 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

the DEAD DADS CLUB??

Oh dear God-for real? This woman.....I hope her mom stays healthy because I am not sure she can run two clubs -maybe she could combine them into #deadmomanddadsclub.  Just file this under #icantwiththisbitch

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Really?  the DEAD DADS CLUB??

You know how to celebrate Father's day when your father is gone?  you spend it with an uncle/grandfather/stepfather/father-in-law/brother, or you sit and go over photos of your dad and remember the good times.  You can do this alone, or with members of the family you shared with him.  

OR - go do some volunteer work - give your time to those who have not had the advantages and easy life that you have had, to help yourself realize that you have been lucky, and to stop FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF!   

Or actually - feel sorry for yourself if you want to - but do it privately.  Stop with the public pity party on Twitter.  

JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST.

FB8B64FF-EDC8-4957-849E-EAB35F649F03.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

So evidently MM thinks she is doing something great about dwelling on her Dad's death for days on end.....and people are jumping on board with her pity party.

Please don't get me wrong.......both of my parents are gone. My mother for 20 years and my father for 11 years. I think of them daily.

But imo this  mydadsdead thing is too much. And not healthy.

Plus I say my dad (or other) has passed on. I hate the word dead. Dead is too final and as I say - my parents are thought about often by the next generations.

• Love 15
(edited)

My Mom passed away 3 years ago and my Dad 7.  Rather than focusing on their infirmities and deaths (at 89 & 90), I enjoy being reminded of them, usually daily, whenever I see/hear/read something that would have made them laugh or roll their eyes or when I do something their way instead of mine.  Yes it is sad that I cannot share with them directly, but the alternative - more time in pain and suffering - is not something to wish for.  Would John McCain want Meghan to live her life or wallow in his death for months?  As mentioned, why not do something to honour him, like visit lonely vets at a VA hospital on father's day (you'll have to put on your "acting pleasant" persona). And bring your cactus if you want to, but make it about THEM, not you.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Brilliant idea!   Putting her thoughts into some sort of action.  (without cameras, of course). 

To me, it hits home how self-involved Meghan is, to think of father's day as a day to focus on HER loss.  You know who really has a hard time on father's day?  KIDS who don't have fathers, or whose fathers are away.  She's all about the military - why not do something for military families where kids and fathers are separated from each other?  

I was Meghan's age when my dad died.  My husband was 12 when his dad died.  My best friend was 13 was his dad died.  My friend was 9 when her mother died and 17 when her dad died.

NutMeg has no concept of real life.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Really?  the DEAD DADS CLUB??

You know how to celebrate Father's day when your father is gone?  you spend it with an uncle/grandfather/stepfather/father-in-law/brother, or you sit and go over photos of your dad and remember the good times.  You can do this alone, or with members of the family you shared with him.  

OR - go do some volunteer work - give your time to those who have not had the advantages and easy life that you have had, to help yourself realize that you have been lucky, and to stop FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF!   

Or actually - feel sorry for yourself if you want to - but do it privately.  Stop with the public pity party on Twitter.  

Is she now writing skits for SNL?

This is so freaking bizarre. I get missing your parents when they have died. Both my parents are gone. I was extremely close to my mom. And I still get in my feelings some days, it's been 15 years since my mom died.  But how is this helpful ?#deaddadsclub wtf?  lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7