Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

So meghan creates the dead dads hashtag, invites people to wallow with her, and now retweets, every reply she gets from people saying "Yeah, my dad died at xx age and I miss him."  So it's not just looking at the hashtag, her twitter feed is just repeating the same stuff from everyone whose dad has died.  

I don't get it.   When you are an adult, isn't it a given that your grandparents, and then your parents, will die?  Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good.  My mom died a few years ago, my dad is still around, but will certainly die within the next few years.  I assume I have a few more decades on earth, I don't expect to be around for eternity. 

Meghan's father died at a ripe old age.  If he had not died of cancer, it would have been something else, eventually.  

Circle of Life? People are born, they live their lives, they get old, they die.  

• Love 21
Just now, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's father died at a ripe old age.  If he had not died of cancer, it would have been something else, eventually.  

Circle of Life? People are born, they live their lives, they get old, they die.  

My dad died when he was 51 years old.  For Meghan to act like her 80 year old dad's death is such a tragedy really pisses me off.  Yes anyone's death is tragic but her dad lived a full life.  And let's not forget Meghan had months to prepare for this.  It's not like it came out of nowhere.

• Love 23

#deaddadsclub.  What in the ever loving hell?  Further proof that this broad needs some intense mental help and that she doesn't have a heart.  Because this is just crazy and fucked up.  And cold and heartless, no?  Just me?    #bitchhasgonefulloncraycray 😲

• Love 21
(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, tinkerbell said:

So meghan creates the dead dads hashtag, invites people to wallow with her, and now retweets, every reply she gets from people saying "Yeah, my dad died at xx age and I miss him."  So it's not just looking at the hashtag, her twitter feed is just repeating the same stuff from everyone whose dad has died.

What's funny is that I tweeted back at her (nicely) that I missed my dad, I drive transport dogs in his honor and memory, and wouldn't it be great for her to honor her dad by carrying on a charitable act in his name on Father's Day?

Crickets. Absolute crickets. Not even a like.

I guess is you only miss your dad but don't rend your garment and tell Meghan how brave and great both she and her father were, or if you suggest she actually do something with her grief besides seek attention, that's not cool.

EDITED: This was part of the crew this week for Father's Day. Can they be any cuter? Most fun volunteer gig in the world.

FathersDayPups.jpg

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

What's funny is that I tweeted back at her (nicely) that I missed my dad, I drive transport dogs in his honor and memory, and wouldn't it be great for her to honor her dad by carrying on a charitable act in his name on Father's Day?

Crickets. Absolute crickets. Not even a like.

I guess is you only miss your dad but don't rend your garment and tell Meghan how brave and great both she and her father were, or if you suggest she actually do something with her grief besides seek attention, that's not cool.

I saw your tweet. That is a wonderful thing you do to honor him.

• Love 12

Deaddadclub is just disturbing.  I miss my dad, especially because he died right around Father's Day but I haven't obsessed.  Meggie claims she is going through grief counseling, but I think the counselor must be telling her to wallow in her grief rather than helping her. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, falltime said:

Okay so here’s my “nice” about Meghan...I really like this look on her. The dress is cute and the shorter, extensionless hair. Someone on another thread said that the dress would be cuter with a lower neckline, but I kind of get it as a busty woman...anything that creeps below the décolletage can read as too in-your-face on TV, especially she’s holding so hard onto that demure Conservative Republican wife persona she’s trying to cultivate. This is way better than the floral blouses buttoned up to her jaw with a pussy bow and a $2000 brooch.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Deaddadclub is just disturbing.  I miss my dad, especially because he died right around Father's Day but I haven't obsessed.  Meggie claims she is going through grief counseling, but I think the counselor must be telling her to wallow in her grief rather than helping her. 

What's disturbing to me is that she's  retweeting people retweeting her. And she says this is how shes going to spend her weekend.  Reading about the fathers of strangers.

She needs a new therapist. Or maybe what Meghan thinks of as grief counseling is a self-help group, and it's not working.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Okay so here’s my “nice” about Meghan...I really like this look on her. The dress is cute and the shorter, extensionless hair. Someone on another thread said that the dress would be cuter with a lower neckline, but I kind of get it as a busty woman...anything that creeps below the décolletage can read as too in-your-face on TV, especially she’s holding so hard onto that demure Conservative Republican wife persona she’s trying to cultivate. This is way better than the floral blouses buttoned up to her jaw with a pussy bow and a $2000 brooch.

She needs to stop trying to look like Erika Jayne. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Oh yeah. I think she fantasizes about being part of a power couple.

Like Bonne and Clyde, lol. 

...and that ended well--so well.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, bannana said:

I was Meghan's age when my dad died.  My husband was 12 when his dad died.  My best friend was 13 was his dad died.  My friend was 9 when her mother died and 17 when her dad died.

My mother was 15 when her dad died in his early 30s (1931) on Halloween.  Construction (scaffolding) accident. When I was a kid, Halloween wasn't the big deal it is these days, but my mother just ignored it and let us do whatever we could (creatively).  Not until I was 17 did she tell me that he died on Halloween and that's why she couldn't stand any "celebration" of that day.  She also said she had been his favorite (eldest of five kids who'd had music and dancing lessons--Catholic school, and more) and the family fell into poverty after his death.  No more "extras." A valedictorian with three scholarships to college, she couldn't go because she had to help support the family. She never did go on and on and on about him or deprivation.  We learned more from her younger siblings. My sisters and I assumed it was just too difficult to talk about.  Obviously, she never made it about HER!

• Love 9
On 6/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

Oh dear God-for real? This woman.....I hope her mom stays healthy because I am not sure she can run two clubs

Woe betide her if she does NOT!  The dad favoritism has been demonstrated every day that Meghan McCain has been "on the scene."

• Love 8

I kind of get it, since "my father" was her entire identity, and still is.  But she doesn't need to make it a public grieving thing.  Except that she does, cause that is who she is.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

She needs a new therapist. Or maybe what Meghan thinks of as grief counseling is a self-help group, and it's not working.

OMG could you imagine being in a group therapy with her?  Nobody else would ever get to talk.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Is she a Grey's Anatomy fan?  Because back in Season 3, Cristina referred to the "Dead Dad's Club" when she was talking to George about his dad's death.  Basically like "Welcome to the club. It sucks and you never get over it, but you'll be okay."

(edited)
13 hours ago, falltime said:

Why is she so angry? The hair looks good. Even in a selfie about a new hair style, she looks pissed and of course she added an American flag. 🙄 no one can out American Meghan McCain!

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 9
11 hours ago, TheView said:

She needs to stop trying to look like Erika Jayne. 

Move over Erika.  The nitwit has decided she now wants to emulate Tinsley Mortimer from Real Housewives of New York!!  For those of you who don't watch, just google a recent pic and you'll see the hairstyle and even the expression on her face are identical to a recent photo of Tinsley.  NutMeg is unbelievable.  Nothing she does is original.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why is she so angry? The hair looks good. Even in a selfie about a new hair style, she looks pissed and of course she added an American flag. 🙄 no one can out American Meghan McCain!

It appears that the makeup person drew in a higher, angry arch on her eyebrow.

• LOL 10

Don't worry. I'm going to shower after I post this.

While I do not like Meghan, wish she'd never joined The View, and can't stand all the entitlement she pours into her "I'm John McCain's daughter" schtick, I want to stick up for her on the #deaddadsclub thing for a moment, even though I too think she goes to that well too often on the show.

Shortly after she returned to The View (following the senator's death), she said our culture doesn't do a good job addressing (or handling or accepting) grief, and I think she's right. 

I was about Meghan's age when my own father died. I had little kids, so I had a lot more demanding my attention (and probably bringing me joy) than she likely does, but it broke my heart in a particular way from which I've never recovered. This was well over a decade ago, so it isn't a matter of getting used to it.

He wasn't the first person I lost (i.e. the first one very close to me). Even at that  relatively young age, I had had a lot of death in my life. I don't know why his death did what it did to me, but it's done, and I'll never again be who I was when he was alive. I "counted" the days. I didn't actually count. I just knew the number, and I knew it for well over a year. It was just in my head. I'm not going to check, but bet I could still ballpark it.

That first year after a death can be daunting. For many people, every birthday and holiday you get through seems like a miracle (even as doing so helps strengthen you). Even once you make it through the first year, birthdays and holidays can be tough or at least bittersweet. (For that matter, memories and longing don't always care what the calendar says, either.)

So while tweeting to Meghan McCain with the Dead Dads Club hashtag would never be my thing, it is obviously some people's thing. If/that she's giving people an outlet to express their grief or just share their memories isn't bad, or sick, or crazy, or wrong in my eyes. I think it is kind. I hope it helps people.

Generally speaking, swallowing grief is far more unhealthy than acknowledging it.

Now I'm going to watch today's episode of The View. I've got $5.00 that says by the end of the hour, I will regret wasting a word in this woman's defense. 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:26 AM, Alexis2291 said:

"The first time I've ever singularly hosted an hour long interview special..."

Please don't get any more ideas, ABC. Please just... don't. 

What was this? I  didn't think I missed a show this week, but maybe I did. Or did I just miss a reference here and it's something still coming to the show/network?

On 6/12/2019 at 5:05 PM, tinkerbell said:

I can't be the only one who sees this.  

Meghan McCain presents herself as a gun-toting, whiskey drinking, red state conservative who believes in old-fashioned values and connects with blue-collar workers, the regular people, in middle America.  

So - how is any of that compatible with celebrating DRAG QUEENS?   

Is she just always playing a role? 

Politically? Yes. I don't even think she always knows she's doing it.  She didn't join the party until her dad ran for president. IMO, she chose to do so for reasons other than political conviction and talked herself into holding the positions she now holds. I don't think she's naturally ideological.  I think she's naturally tribal.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

What was this? I  didn't think I missed a show this week, but maybe I did. Or did I just miss a reference here and it's something still coming to the show/network?

She interviewed drag queens from RuPaul's Drag Race, but it was only available as a live stream on the show's official Facebook page. I don't have FB anymore so I didn't actually watch it. 

7 minutes ago, General Days said:

Politically? Yes. I don't even think she always knows she's doing it.  She didn't join the party until her dad ran for president. IMO, she chose to do so for reasons other than political conviction and talked herself into holding the positions she now holds. I don't think she's naturally ideological.  I think she's naturally tribal.

I've always believed she is playing a role.  And sometimes that role conflicts with her true beliefs.

• Love 9
On 6/12/2019 at 11:26 AM, Alexis2291 said:

"The first time I've ever singularly hosted an hour long interview special..."

Please don't get any more ideas, ABC. Please just... don't. 

On 6/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, graybrown bird said:

OMG she wants to be the new Barbara Walters.

Ahhh,  I see why she made that little speech about Wendy Williams doing one person hot topics (I can't remember how she said it) and how hard it is blah blah blah. 

She wants her own show for sure.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She wants her own show for sure.

Give her one and see how long it lasts.

Swallowing grief is not healthy, but neither is wallowing in it publicly with strangers.

• Love 17
(edited)
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Give her one and see how long it lasts.

Swallowing grief is not healthy, but neither is wallowing in it publicly with strangers.

Yep, give her a show. I'd be fine. As long as she's off The View. 

She can have every guest reference her father. She can scream at her audience for not clapping for her. Then stop mid sentence to thank one audience member for clapping for her.  Yeppers that's a show I'd avoid. She can have guests that she dosen't like because she dislikes Hollywood (sure Jan).😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She can have every guest reference her father. She can scream at her audience for not clapping for her. Then stop mid sentence to thank one audience member for clapping for her.  Yeppers that's a show I'd avoid. She can have guests that she dosen't like because she dislikes Hollywood (sure Jan).😆

So who would her guests be?  She is too much of a lightweight to get any political guests and A list celebs aren't going to come on her show. So that leaves Andy Cohen and the housewives.  And forget about a show dealing with everyday issues and everyday people.  You need empathy to do that kind of show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She interviewed drag queens from RuPaul's Drag Race, but it was only available as a live stream on the show's official Facebook page. I don't have FB anymore so I didn't actually watch it. 

I didn't watch either. Here it is in case anyone does.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

It's been 7 years since I lost my Mom and 5 years for Dad, and I still have trouble saying they've "died".  No way would I have been able to talk about a "deaddadclub" the first Father's Day after we lost Dad.  

14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

What's disturbing to me is that she's  retweeting people retweeting her. And she says this is how shes going to spend her weekend.  Reading about the fathers of strangers.

I'm not on social media, however, the first several months after my Mom died, I did find "comfort" in reading (and crying over) posts on online forums where other people had also lost their moms. So I do understand getting support from other people who are also dealing with grief. But, for me, "deaddadclub" is too crude, and somewhat cheapens the memory of the dad you're mourning.

Edited by buffynut
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

So who would her guests be?  She is too much of a lightweight to get any political guests and A list celebs aren't going to come on her show. So that leaves Andy Cohen and the housewives.  And forget about a show dealing with everyday issues and everyday people.  You need empathy to do that kind of show.

The kind of show you describe is sounds perfect for her. I bet she would be happier.  I know I would be.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

Based on her instagram story, Meghan seems to be in Las Vegas right now. Edit - well it was posted yesterday so she could still be there.

Edited by falltime
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, deaja said:

Is she a Grey's Anatomy fan?  Because back in Season 3, Cristina referred to the "Dead Dad's Club" when she was talking to George about his dad's death.  Basically like "Welcome to the club. It sucks and you never get over it, but you'll be okay."

I never watched GA, but long before that show existed, when my dad died (I was 32), all of my close friends whose fathers had already died, welcomed me into the dead dads' club.  They lost their dads at a young age, so I guess this saying has been a thing for a long time.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Someone like Meghan will also need A LOT of blue cards ... a la Will Ferrell (as James Lipton) on SNL.  She won't glare or frown at her guests until she's finished reading some blue cards to them.

WillFerrelBLUECARDS.jpg.36ea659dec770eafe31c3245e81a15c3.jpg

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

LOL - gotta love it was on FOX News.

MM has also grown tired of the deaddadsclub and in LV, tweeting and retweeting about other things. But the Sunday is Father's Day.

She takes weekends off.  Deaddadsclub will be back on Monday (unless it makes a special appearance for Fathers' Day).

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

She takes weekends off.  Deaddadsclub will be back on Monday (unless it makes a special appearance for Fathers' Day).

There are people on her Twitter referring to tomorrow as, “John McCain Day”.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

But, but the pity party deaddadclub. Oh my.

I didn't see it as either wallowing or a pity party.

She said she was dreading the holiday and wanted to do something positive. She then invited people to tell their stories, which she said she'd share, in hopes that they'd feel less alone.

It prompted a lot of nice tributes from people. I even saw Valerie Jarrett participate. 

I think McCain would be far better suited to some job in media where she covered pop culture or human interest stories, than she is to being a "political analyst." The Bush daughter who is on the Today show has carved out a niche for herself that way. 

On The View, in addition to being a tribal hyper-partisan, Meghan so often lets her grudges rise to the fore, which shines a spotlight on her worst qualities. I wonder what she'd be/be like, if she didn't feel this duty to carry on in/adjacent to the political arena.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There are people on her Twitter referring to tomorrow as, “John McCain Day”.

That's because it was Trump's birthday yesterday and someone started the hashtag (#JohnMcCainDay) so it would out trend  birthday wishes to Trump

Here's the story

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, General Days said:

I think McCain would be far better suited to some job in media where she covered pop culture or human interest stories, than she is to being a "political analyst." The Bush daughter who is on the Today show has carved out a niche for herself that way. 

Yeah but Jenna is likable.  Meghan is not.

• Love 20