Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

0100C015-3A19-4043-A555-1DBB3E6F43F3.jpeg

Read more  

Oh, give me a fucking break.  🤮😠

• WoW !! Geraldo Rivera. WE are SO impressed.    
  • Legal clarification: that is not the Royal "We."
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It’s a shame Meghan has such a nasty attitude. She was blessed with to have been born with wealth, connections, good looks, and opportunities other people would kill for. She could have become a likable TV personality of some kind, instead of being the hateful brat on The View. 

• Maria Shriver
  • Candace Bergen
  • Chris Wallace
  • Cuomo ... all of them
  • Jenna Bush

Who else???

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 10:24 AM, tinkerbell said:
SUCH a special snowflake!!!!

Everyone, make sure to check the comments underneath if you haven't already. It's so worth checking this out because the responses are just 👌- perfect! Someone wrote: "always the victim, never the solution". Even God wrote to her to tell her she was dumb! 😂

Edited by SuzieSioux
  • LOL 11
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Everyone, make sure to check the comments underneath if you haven't already. It's so worth checking this out because the responses are just 👌- perfect! Someone wrote: "always the victim, never the solution". Even God wrote to her to tell her she was dumb! 😂

Seems like over 90% do NOT appreciate her Tweet.

• Love 11

Today, Meghan decided to retweet some photos of her dad on the campaign trail  from 2007.

I think that speaks to the reason she can't let go.  To her, her daddy is "the man who SHOULD HAVE BEEN President."  

• Love 7
(edited)

Back in New York, Ms. McCain’s friend Ramin Setoodeh, who worked with her when she was an intern at Newsweek in 2006-7, told me, “The way she sounds in the book is how she sounds in real life, and how she sounds as my friend. It’s her.”

That's from the article Blondie0332 posted.  Setoodeh is the author of "The Ladies Who Punch."  He has been writing about television (and The View) for years for publications like "Variety."  I'm trying to listen to his narration of his book.  He should stick to writing.  His talent does not lie in reading/narrating.

ETA: He mentioned that Meghan is a good friend and was his intern at Newsweek.  He also says "pundint."  And many words that should start with "S," for him start with "Sh."   I'm picky that way.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Finally finished the audiobook.
  • Useful 3

I'm cracking up with Cenk Uygur saying, I agree with Meghan McCain's position, but Meghan McCain makes it so hard for me to agree with her.

Also, Meghan talking about how she's a "true fan" over and over, is pretty insulting to her cohost.  Its not like Sunny isn't a true fan, she probably doesn't have time to watch on time.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

This is what Meghan was doing during that campaign.

From an interview with Meghan about her book in 2010.

By the time Ms. McCain turned 24 in October 2008, she was blogging from semi-exile. (Her father’s campaign manager, Steve Schmidt, “banished” her and her entourage from the main campaign five weeks before its close for being “too controversial.”) 

lol after reading @Coffeewinewater post I immediately thought "didn't she get fired."

McCain also addresses in the book the incident in which she became the first child of a presidential candidate to be dismissed from a campaign.

"I feel like I should clarify. I wasn't fired," she said. "I was asked to leave and not come back, or go on my own bus tour. So I elected to go on my own bus tour in Ohio."

She said she never called her father to ask about the dismissal, which was linked to the growing controversy over her blog.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/exclusive-meghan-mccain-breaks-silence-sarah-palin/story?id=11521614

• Love 5

Gee, I was told to leave and not come back at my last job a few years ago (sortof), so I guess I was not fired/retired, just told to spend time elsewhere...….who knew!

Need to correct that resume...

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I'm very surprised to read that Meghan and her dad didn't talk about why she was "asked to leave" his campaign. I think that says a lot about their relationship.

Maybe he was reluctant to tell her of her shortcomings, which may account for her inability now to see any in herself.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Gee, I was told to leave and not come back at my last job a few years ago (sortof), so I guess I was not fired/retired, just told to spend time elsewhere...….who knew!

Need to correct that resume...

You mean you didn't  take a bus tour of Ohio?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 5/24/2019 at 1:34 PM, falltime said:

"I feel like I should clarify. I wasn't fired," she said. "I was asked to leave and not come back, or go on my own bus tour. So I elected to go on my own bus tour in Ohio."

So maybe the producers of "The View" should ask her to leave and not come back.  That way they could save face and she could have her usual excuse.  

Does she know what "fired" means?  Does one have to hear "You're FIRED!" before considering it a fact?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan must be in Texas for the holiday weekend.

It's that rare time I'm going to say something nice about Meghan, so here goes: She always looks so much better in the Instagram pics I've seen. Like, actually pretty. She looks really nice with less makeup and a casual look. Why does she have to come out on The View dressed up in those ridiculous outfits and made up the way she is? A nice pair of jeans and various long shirt/t-shirt/jacket combinations would work wonders, not to mention adding a fresh, lightly made up face and casual hair style.

Edited by SuzieSioux
Pressed submit too soon.
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, SuzieSioux said:

It's that rare time I'm going to say something nice about Meghan, so here goes: She always looks so much better in the Instagram pics I've seen. Like, actually pretty. She looks really nice with less makeup and a casual look. Why does she have to come out on The View dressed up in those ridiculous outfits and made up the way she is? A nice pair of jeans and various long shirt/t-shirt/jacket combinations would work wonders, not to mention adding a fresh, lightly made up face and casual hair style.

However, none of the above would negate her mean, nasty & bitchy persona!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

However, none of the above would negate her mean, nasty & bitchy persona!!!

And, it would be difficult for her to do the NutMeg squinty side-eye sans make-up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

!!!!  THIS !!!!  She looks so casual and comfortable and yea, dare i say it....HAPPY!   Get out of those button tight up to the neck,  buttoned down blouses.  Im not a designer, i cant tell you what would look good, i dan tell you when its not.  This it aint.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Here's Meghan's true self. Veruca Salt 

IMG_0287.jpeg

Hahahahaha! I've been thinking this myself. She is definitely a Veruca Salt type personality. If only Meghan could fall into a pile of garbage too! Also I find the Oompa Loompa song for Veruca very apt for Meghan as well:

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, TheView said:

Arizona isn't even Middle America. It's southwest. 

I know that, it is MM who is always claiming that Arizona is both a border state and Middle America.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, TheView said:

Elsa can't have it both ways 

I thought what Sen. Klobuchar said on the show about her father was respectful. Because she is a democrat Meghan doesn't like it. Except for Joe Biden who was a personal friend.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Anthea84 said:

Meghan is "fighting" with Amy Kloubachar 

So far I haven't seen any responses that support her for this at all. Is she ever going to learn to think before she tweets?

Speaking of which, last night I watched "Drawing the Diaspora" on YouTube, Eli Valley's presentation at Stanford University and Meghan gets mentioned periodically throughout it. For those who don't remember, he is the Jewish cartoonist who lampooned her for her fake tears over Ilhan Omar and got called an antisemite by her (and others like her good friend, Bari Weiss who also wanted to get this particular talk shut down) on Twitter. It's a really interesting talk generally on Jewish satire and the weaponisation of antisemitism, which includes a number of jabs at Meghan along the way - she's not the point of the talk obviously, but he does mention her and he makes the case that she is part of a larger, insidious and truly antisemitic Evangelical position. You may be interested!

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

The comments are hilarious 🤣🤣🤣 Apparently she’s blocking people for simply pointing out her hypocrisy. 

She should stay in Texas with Kat Timpf. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

What did Sen Klobuchar say?  I’m guessing it was nothing disrespectful.

Sorry, Meg, but your dad is/was a public figure and a colleague of AK. And you remember that whole first amendment thing?

• Love 14