Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Maybe she could go on a bus/plane tour to the following: Venezuela, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iran........

Maybe Joy can put a Planned Parenthood sign in Meghan's dressing room. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, TheView said:

Meghan needs new PR people 

Not so sure.  I think she believes the adage, "ANY publicity is good publicity."  Articles about her appear in the largest Arizona newspaper, "The Arizona Republic" twice a week or so.  She has more publicity than our elected national officials.  The articles are usually shallow, lies, or embarrassing...but she's out there.   She has a MAJOR entertainment agency.

7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She could be living in Arizona in just as much luxury but no cameras. And the reality is that's what it's about for Meghan. 

AND she'd be a celebrity here--perhaps not popular, but big time.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm pretty sure Meghan's point of view is that Amy K was using Meghan's father to try to win the election

That'll do it.  How many Presidential elections did Meghan win for him?

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Maybe she could go on a bus/plane tour to the following: Venezuela, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iran........

This is cruel Haven't the people of those countries suffer enough?

Meghan should go interview dictators, with her soooo smart gotcha questions.

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I was hoping that Michael Brooks would do one of his Meghan impressions.

And I wish Amy Klobuchar would have responded with a Mariah burn, because we all know that Meghan feeds on attention and would probably implode if the media ignored her. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I was hoping that Michael Brooks would do one of his Meghan impressions.

And I wish Amy Klobuchar would have responded with a Mariah burn, because we all know that Meghan feeds on attention and would probably implode if the media ignored her. 

giphy.gif

Hahaha that Mariah burn would be excellent! And that clip you posted contains one of my favourite of Michael Brooks' Meghan impersonations:

"Every single day there's a cohost who's Italian, she's actually really annoying, my dad would hate her, he did hate her, it's really unfair, I actually have to talk to her, you know my father John McCain, he was in the military, his name was John McCain, and uh, I think he did a lot for this country, I have to talk to her every day. She says that poor people should be vaccinated with some taxes from my mom's ninth house. So I listen to that and I think if you want to give that credence you have to do that even if we have different geopolitical politics."

This is also great:

Edited by SuzieSioux
Added video.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I think it's hilarious that Meghan McCain's behavior has become a "Hot Topic"  on all other shows, but totally ignored on the one show that has a segment labeled "Hot Topics" 

And this is becoming a real problem.  Meghan keeps doing all these things that are making her newsworthy and the show can't talk about them.  It makes them look stupid.

And I am totally behind putting her on a bus.  For the 2020 election they should send her around the country doing stories on voters.  It would get her away from the table and the other cohosts could talk freely without someone screeching at them.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And this is becoming a real problem.  Meghan keeps doing all these things that are making her newsworthy and the show can't talk about them.  It makes them look stupid.

And I am totally behind putting her on a bus.  For the 2020 election they should send her around the country doing stories on voters.  It would get her away from the table and the other cohosts could talk freely without someone screeching at them.

But aren't ratings up and Joy talked about how The View is a "hot topic" now. I still think this is what the execs want - the show via Nutmeg is making people talk about her/the show.  And they are willing to accept the negative publicity vs. no publicity.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

But aren't ratings up and Joy talked about how The View is a "hot topic" now. I still think this is what the execs want - the show via Nutmeg is making people talk about her/the show.  And they are willing to accept the negative publicity vs. no publicity.

Yes ratings are up but that doesn't mean they are deserving of praise.  But this is what our country has become.  People are rewarded for bad behavior.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Hahaha that Mariah burn would be excellent! And that clip you posted contains one of my favourite of Michael Brooks' Meghan impersonations:

"Every single day there's a cohost who's Italian, she's actually really annoying, my dad would hate her, he did hate her, it's really unfair, I actually have to talk to her, you know my father John McCain, he was in the military, his name was John McCain, and uh, I think he did a lot for this country, I have to talk to her every day. She says that poor people should be vaccinated with some taxes from my mom's ninth house. So I listen to that and I think if you want to give that credence you have to do that even if we have different geopolitical politics."

This is also great:

This is from April after Meghan had her first Ilhan Omar freakout. Michael Brooks and Felix Biederman OBLITERATED her. I cry whenever I hear the "Oskar Schindler of trust fund babies" segment and it just gets better from there. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TheView said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Meghan were to quit on air.  

"My FATHER came to me in a dream and told me to quit!!" - because you know she will have to mention him in her "I'm quitting asking myself to leave" speech. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
42 minutes ago, TheView said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Meghan were to quit on air.  

No, I'm afraid that "she can't stop, won't stop", as she so bravely stated. God and her husband support her job in confronting  the evil leftists.

Edited by Kenz
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yes ratings are up but that doesn't mean they are deserving of praise.  But this is what our country has become.  People are rewarded for bad behavior.

Exactly my point. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, TheView said:

Meghan is stirring up more trouble on the Twitter machine tonight 

She must be deleting tweets left, right and centre, because I've gone to like some and keep getting the "this tweet has been deleted" message 😂.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, TheView said:

She only deletes left and center. She keeps the tweets on the right. 

I wish I could give you 25 likes immediately 😂 👏

Edited by SuzieSioux
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

I’m not sure what she deleted but in the ones that are still there, she’s getting torn to shreds for her hypocrisy AGAIN. She’s on a downward spiral if I’ve ever seen one... 

Someone who cares about her needs to tell her to just stop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
59 minutes ago, bannana said:

Do you know what she deleted?

The same sorts of things that I saw getting deleted are still there, so perhaps they were coming in so thick and fast that it got to be too much to delete everything? These were tweets along the lines of "please stop talking about your father in public", like sarcasm referring to what she said to Klobuchar. Or joking that attacks on her father by Trump are clearly antisemitism. On looking again I see many more of these types of comments have cropped up, so I guess she's given up? 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 5/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, lookeyloo said:

My mother died 15,322 days ago. Who thinks like that?  I miss her, but, not the same as 15,322 days ago.

I think I stopped counting the days once my mom's funeral was done and that was only because I was handling all of the business affairs. She's been gone a little over a year and a half now and the only thing that matters at this point is that she's gone. If I counted down the days, it would have kept me from processing the grief so that I might go on with the rest of my life. 

I don't know about your mom but mine would kick my a$$ if I wasted the life I've been blessed with in a never-ending state of grief instead of living it to the fullest. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:24 PM, ChicagoCita said:

My mom - the most organized person on earth - left us on December 31st. So it was not only efficient for tax purposes for her executor, but it makes it very easy to figure out how long she's been gone.

I've never counted the number of days.

But here's the difference between me and Meghan: I don't define myself by my parents' accomplishments. It never dawned on me until this moment - she perceives herself as the hole in the donut. And when the donut is gone, what happens? The empty space is just ... empty.

This is the most spot-on assessment ever! 

• Love 19
43 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I’m not sure what she deleted but in the ones that are still there, she’s getting torn to shreds for her hypocrisy AGAIN. She’s on a downward spiral if I’ve ever seen one... 

Someone who cares about her needs to tell her to just stop.

What precipitated this back and forth on tweeter?   Was it her nasty attitude over Amy Klobuchar talking about her dad?

• Love 3

“Trump is a child who will always be deeply threatened by the greatness of my dads incredible life,” Meghan McCain tweeted. “There is a lot of criticism of how much I speak about my dad, but nine months since he passed, Trump won’t let him RIP. So I have to stand up for him. It makes my grief unbearable.”

A senior Navy official confirmed that he was aware someone at the White House sent a message to service officials in the Pacific requesting that the USS John McCain be kept out of the picture while the president was visiting. That led to photographs taken Friday of a tarp obscuring the McCain name, the official said.

The U.S. Navy reportedly went to great lengths to shield Trump from seeing the ship. Officials told the Journal they first covered it with a tarp, then used a barge to block the name and gave the sailors on the ship the day off, the Journal reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/meghan-mccain-hits-out-at-trump-over-report-white-house-wanted-uss-john-s-mccain-covered-up/ar-AAC6DWI?li=BBnb7Kz

In light of how they've been acting like her most recent social media storms don't exist - are they gonna be hypocritical and talk about this one on the show? 

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh, this is funny.  NutMeg is praising idiot Greg Gutfield.  Why?  Cause his show slightly nudges out Seth Meyers et al, re viewership.  🤣

Edited by bannana
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 5/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, TheView said:

Meghan needs new PR people 

Doesn't make sense to hire new ones when she's going to ignore their advice as she's doing with the ones she currently has. I guarantee you they've told her time and time again to stay off twitter among other things. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Marigny said:
On 5/16/2019 at 6:44 PM, lookeyloo said:

My mother died 15,322 days ago. Who thinks like that?  I miss her, but, not the same as 15,322 days ago.

I think I stopped counting the days once my mom's funeral was done and that was only because I was handling all of the business affairs. She's been gone a little over a year and a half now and the only thing that matters at this point is that she's gone. If I counted down the days, it would have kept me from processing the grief so that I might go on with the rest of my life. 

I don't know about your mom but mine would kick my a$$ if I wasted the life I've been blessed with in a never-ending state of grief instead of living it to the fullest. 

I was being silly.  I had to google how many days since the date of her death.  I think of her now and then, but, have moved forward long ago.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Doesn't Meghan get it that she's being used to distract?

Meghan could be replaced by a screen with her blue card notes with a bit of hair extensions hanging off of it. Maybe some googly eyes with frown eyebrows on the screen.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
(edited)

I usually post negative things about Meghan McCain, but I can see why her latest tweet about Trump is very justified. Covering up John McCain's name on a U.S. Naval ship in Japan so that the baby-in-chief wouldn't see it is about as low as it gets. He denies giving the order but says whoever did was "well meaning." If someone disgraced my father in such a low down way, I would be beside myself.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 15
(edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 10:54 PM, Apprentice79 said:

What precipitated this back and forth on tweeter?   Was it her nasty attitude over Amy Klobuchar talking about her dad?

Are you referring to the deleted tweet(s)? I didn't see those...

On 5/30/2019 at 1:53 AM, bannana said:

Oh, this is funny.  NutMeg is praising idiot Greg Gutfield.  Why?  Cause his show slightly nudges out Seth Meyers et al, re viewership.  🤣

She is so petty and childish.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Not only a dig at Seth, but also at John Oliver.  What a child she is.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Read more  

She is so petty and childish.

So when the Talk or some other daytime talk show beats the View Meghan will understand when they are congratulated.

I can just see her making a list of everyone who has 'wronged" her.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I usually post negative things about Meghan McCain, but I can see why her latest tweet about Trump is very justified. Covering up John McCain's name on a U.S. Naval ship in Japan so that the baby-in-chief wouldn't see it is about as low as it gets. He denies giving the order but says whoever did was "well meaning." If someone disgraced my father in such a low down way, I would be beside myself.

Well said.

• Love 9