Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, falltime said:

😆 she deleted this a little while ago.

6HQ1S6O8_o.png

https://entertainment.theonion.com/tearful-meghan-mccain-opens-up-about-father-s-dying-wis-1835133424

It's a parody article from The Onion, a joke site.  It's not true, just funny.

"My father was a genuine American hero, and it’s only right that we honor his departing wish of letting me anchor my own hit daytime talk show called Meghan In The Morning,” said a visibly choked-up McCain, claiming that her father didn’t spend five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam just for people to invoke his memory in ways that didn’t further her television career whatsoever. “

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So when the Talk or some other daytime talk show beats the View Meghan will understand when they are congratulated.

I can just see her making a list of everyone who has 'wronged" her.

Didn't Joy or someone recently congratulate another show for their Daytime Emmy, followed by Meghan screeching something like "why are you congratulating them? They're our competition!"  She is such a peevish shrew.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

https://entertainment.theonion.com/tearful-meghan-mccain-opens-up-about-father-s-dying-wis-1835133424

It's a parody article from The Onion, a joke site.  It's not true, just funny.

"My father was a genuine American hero, and it’s only right that we honor his departing wish of letting me anchor my own hit daytime talk show called Meghan In The Morning,” said a visibly choked-up McCain, claiming that her father didn’t spend five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam just for people to invoke his memory in ways that didn’t further her television career whatsoever. “

OMG, this is the funniest thing ever. No doubt she'll stop all the Hot Topics to devote 20 minutes to crying about it tomorrow.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

my own hit daytime talk show called Meghan In The Morning

Can you imagine if there were such a show? Celebrities come on to promote their latest books, movies, etc. and Meghan talks about herself, like an inverse talk show.  Or they could make it a game show where guests try to tell their own stories and the audience votes on how successful they are in getting their points across before the gong/screech cuts them off. Guests could bring their own blue cards and filibuster without taking a breath so MM can't get a word in.  Everyone would understand the premise of the game show except MM, who thinks she has her own talk show.  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Not only a dig at Seth, but also at John Oliver.  What a child she is.

I didn’t know who he was and reading comments on his show the fans are saying he’s funnier than Seth ( plus he’s better than trash SNL) I watched as much as I could scratching my head the whole time. Is he suppose to be funny?  I’m almost positive she retweeted it originally from her husband. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 1:53 AM, bannana said:

Oh, this is funny.  NutMeg is praising idiot Greg Gutfield.  Why?  Cause his show slightly nudges out Seth Meyers et al, re viewership.  🤣

I've never heard of Greg Gutfield, but his slightly higher ratings don't surprise me.  He has a particular audience of Fox viewers while the all the others more or less share a pool of viewers.  Plus he's on at 10pm when his viewers are still awake, while the rest of them are on at 11 or later (right?), when the audience is smaller.  It's comparing apples and oranges.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I've never heard of Greg Gutfield, but his slightly higher ratings don't surprise me.  He has a particular audience of Fox viewers while the all the others more or less share a pool of viewers.  Plus he's on at 10pm when his viewers are still awake, while the rest of them are on at 11 or later (right?), when the audience is smaller.  It's comparing apples and oranges.

True.  And aside from that the guy is a complete moron and an unlikeable one at that.  And even worse, he thinks he's funny.🙃

• Love 7

Please make sure you are keeping your comments centered on Meghan and not general opinions on any politician.

Thank you.

(edited)
23 hours ago, TheView said:

I think Meghan should change her last name 

To what?  McWhiny, McScreechy, McPundit? 

McMyFatherWasAWarHeroSoYouShouldAllBowDownBeforeMe?

Edited by Zahdii
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Zahdii said:

To what?  McWhiny, McScreechy, McPundit?  Mc Myfatherwasawarherosoyoushouldallbowdownbeforeme?

Maybe she should change her name to Meghan McErikaJayne 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 5/29/2019 at 8:22 AM, Kenz said:

God and her husband support her job in confronting  the evil leftists.

And one of them appreciates the attention and the $$$$.

• Love 7
On 5/30/2019 at 12:44 AM, Marigny said:
On 5/28/2019 at 1:20 PM, TheView said:

Meghan needs new PR people 

Doesn't make sense to hire new ones when she's going to ignore their advice as she's doing with the ones she currently has. I guarantee you they've told her time and time again to stay off twitter among other things. 

I dunno.  She seems to have much more publicity than ever before--more "invitations" to be on other shows.  The talent agency probably lives by the adage, "No such thing as bad publicity."  

• Love 8
On 5/30/2019 at 5:54 PM, deirdra said:

Didn't Joy or someone recently congratulate another show for their Daytime Emmy, followed by Meghan screeching something like "why are you congratulating them? They're our competition!"  She is such a peevish shrew.

Yet she'd expect to be treated like the NEW QUEEN if she suddenly got a job on one of the "competition."   "Peevish shrew," I love that so much!

• Love 8
20 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I dunno.  She seems to have much more publicity than ever before--more "invitations" to be on other shows.  The talent agency probably lives by the adage, "No such thing as bad publicity."  

Exactly - I think that is why ABC keeps her on The View - all that publicity, even bad, keeps people talking, and probably watching just to see the fireworks.

• Love 8
On 5/30/2019 at 11:59 AM, Alexis2291 said:

Are you referring to the deleted tweet(s)? I didn't see those...

She is so petty and childish.

And yet she calls trump 'a child'.   She's too self-absorbed to appreciate the irony.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Gotta say - MM is always telling us how healthy she is but sure is out sick a lot.

I cannot believe I am going to say something in Nutmeg's defense, but stress does lead to more illness like cold and flu and auto-immune disorders.  Now, a lot of the stress she has is self-imposed.  She could be having a perfectly fabulous wealthy heiress life vacationing half of the time and partying the other half.  Or hanging with her family.   Or volunteering in support of the many causes she says she supports.

But she has chosen to throw herself into this stressful environment where she is now constantly attacked.  Indeed, she invites these attacks.  A sane person would reconsider the WIIFM.  I don't know why her mother or siblings don't advise her to back away.

• Love 11

Meghan talked about the democrats impeaching trump.  she made an analogy to SHOOTING, said they need to be sure to hit the jugular, and something weird about making sure he wasn't moving - to make sure he's dead. 

I  believe that her being "out sick" for a few days is connected.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

That nasty cow was not out sick. God, Joy came back one day after her eye surgery, I had that surgery 20 years ago and honey I took a week off. It was not fun, kinda hurt, but I am a wimp. The screaming today made me turn off the sound, as usual 

• Love 11

I don't for one minute believe she was sick or has been sick the last several times she has missed two consecutive days.  I wonder if she's undergoing some type of fertility testing or something having to do with conceiving.  I'm no expert on any fertility treatments but the thought comes to mind.  Also, Tara knew she was going to be filling in last Friday or Saturday, so it wasn't a last minute call in sick move.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 6/4/2019 at 6:13 AM, lookeyloo said:

Exactly - I think that is why ABC keeps her on The View - all that publicity, even bad, keeps people talking, and probably watching just to see the fireworks.

On the plus side, maybe shell find a better job, that she just cant refuse

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 6/3/2019 at 10:00 AM, HaaCHOO said:
On 5/30/2019 at 12:44 AM, Marigny said:
On 5/28/2019 at 1:20 PM, TheView said:

Meghan needs new PR people 

Doesn't make sense to hire new ones when she's going to ignore their advice as she's doing with the ones she currently has. I guarantee you they've told her time and time again to stay off twitter among other things. 

She EVEN had recent "publicity" in an Arizona Republic Letters to the Editor.  A man's letter was negative and calling her out for all the things we complain about, but STILL, there was HER NAME, yet again, in our local newspaper.

• Love 1
(edited)

😑 Joy would’ve been a much better choice. I wonder if Meghan knows that all of these lovely ladies have posted pro-choice related stuff on their social media accounts. Wonder if that’ll be part of the conversation? 🤨

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

😑 Joy would’ve been a much better choice. I wonder if Meghan knows that all of these lovely ladies have posted pro-choice related stuff on their social media accounts. Wonder if that’ll be part of the conversation? 🤨

Her publicists or manager probably pushed for her to host it and the show is probably hoping it will divert some of the attention her usual repulsive behavior gets. 

• Love 6

Sevenrings-I tried to quote your post but I couldn't get it to work. I just wanted to say that you said exactly what I have been thinking. I am angry at the groups who are giving her awards-wtf are they doing?   Same thing with her whining about not being considered feminist because she is pro forced birth? Is she really that dumb or does she believe this shit?

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Just came here to talk about how much I can't take Meghan seriously as an "LGBTQ advocate". 

It seems she's just the type of girl who wants a "sassy gay best friend" but doesn't really care about the community or the struggles or the oppression. Yes she talks about Stonewall and she talks about trans women being killed, but she still votes Republican on election day. She supports Republican politicians, who all are anti LGBT. Even if they aren't outspoken against the community, they all write, vote for, and pass bills and laws that hurt gay, trans, queer people and their rights and protections. How do you claim to be an advocate and ally then go check people's names at the voting booth who hurt LGBT people?

Seeing as her husband is an obvious homophobe, I don't get why she is with him if she REALLY loves the LGBT community so much. Like can you imagine her and her far right husband sitting and watching Drag Race together? I'd pay to see that.

He went on that disgusting tirade against Seth Meyers, making very nasty and homophobic comments in his now deleted tweets, and Meghan said nothing and wasn't pressed about it on The View at all. As somebody who literally got an award for her LGBT "advocacy" she should have to answer for that, or have the award taken. 

Also just a side note, her claiming Kirsten Sinema as "my senator" today was laughable. There's no way in hell Meghan voted for her or would've ever supported her. Don't claim her now just because she's bisexual and the senator of Arizona cause you want more cool point. 

2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Sevenrings-I tried to quote your post but I couldn't get it to work. I just wanted to say that you said exactly what I have been thinking. I am angry at the groups who are giving her awards-wtf are they doing?   Same thing with her whining about not being considered feminist because she is pro forced birth? Is she really that dumb or does she believe this shit?

Meghan wants to be part of what she thinks is the "cool crowd" even though her beliefs are the opposite of the "cool crowd". I remember when Star Jones was a co host and she had real friendships with a lot of the guests that came on.  Some of them went with her to Jamaica for her 40th birthday bash.  There is no fucking way Meghan will ever be friends with the celebs that come on as guests. I can see Andy Cohen being friends with her because he is star fucker but ain't no way Meghan is going to be invited to the Hampton's to spend the weekend with NYC glitterati.

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I can see Andy Cohen being friends with her because he is star fucker but ain't no way Meghan is going to be invited to the Hampton's to spend the weekend with NYC glitterati.

I hope you are right, but her getting an award from the gay community should have never happened either. Cohen is a misogynist and Meghan plays one on tv. Cohen is an example of everything that is wrong in the world-so is Meghan. They have a lot in common.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There is no fucking way Meghan will ever be friends with the celebs that come on as guests. I can see Andy Cohen being friends with her because he is star fucker but ain't no way Meghan is going to be invited to the Hampton's to spend the weekend with NYC glitterati.

Could Erika Jayne take her as a plus-one?

• LOL 12
23 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

She is too busy drinking and tweeting to look for another job gals, damn it.

She has probably never had to "look for jobs" in her life.  Her father and Whoopi got her this one...and she even got a job for Abby.  

• Love 10