Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

This is significant because, in the past, he has always praised and defended Meghan up, down, & sideways on twitter.  Maybe he'll start to see the light on what kind of person she is.

It is difficult to be friends with someone who has such different beliefs than you. Add to that the self inflicted drama that always seems to surround her and being her friend must be exhausting.   One of my very best friends is a gay man and he has repeatedly said he could not be friends with someone who supports people who wish him if not dead at the very least cast out of society and back into the closet.  

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

She truly does.  But without her daily platform I look for her to tweet even more outrageous things.  She craves attention.  And validation.  She thinks her political opinions are worth hearing and her advice worth taking.  If she isn't on the View (mis)informing the lowly masses she will find another way to do it.  

Only if other media outlets keep talking about her and mocking whatever she tweets or posts after she leaves this show. If they all ignore her, then she will disappear into the ether.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Only if other media outlets keep talking about her and mocking whatever she tweets or posts after she leaves this show. If they all ignore her, then she will disappear into the ether.

I agree.  A lot of people with some minor claim to fame and a twitter account post about their political leanings but they don't get the attention McCain does.  I suspect that will be her fate as well.  May take a few months for the media to stop paying attention of course but it will happen.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I hope he doesn't. She deserves to just disappear into irrelevancy. I don't want to hear about or see her ever again.

Videos of some kind doesn't mean Meghan. Maybe he can just talk The View. 

• Love 1

Joy Reid asked Mary Trump about her comment on The View re:McCain. Mary kept her response classy though...a word that will never describe this spoiled brat, that's for sure. The way Joy Reid posed the question did make me giggle though, the way she was subtly mocking McCain's pretension that she's a "normal Republican" / "one of the good ones" when she won't even take an interview with someone who disagrees with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy Reid asked Mary Trump about her comment on The View re:McCain. Mary kept her response classy though...a word that will never describe this spoiled brat, that's for sure. The way Joy Reid posed the question did make me giggle though, the way she was subtly mocking McCain's pretension that she's a "normal Republican" / "one of the good ones" when she won't even take an interview with someone who disagrees with her.

I saw that. Mary really did keep it classy, and I too laughed at the way Joy posed the question. Then again, I giggle helplessly every time Joy utters "Tuckems". 😊

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I’m sorry but from the beginning it was obvious that she would be problematic. I never found much of anything she said “purposeful,” even in the beginning, although admittedly I was one of the long-time users here who was willing to give her a chance. Big f’n mistake and didn’t take long for me to snap out of it. She is who she is.

Anyway, can’t wait to start watching again once the new season starts! I’ll have a glass of wine to celebrate NutMeg finally leaving once I get home tonight. ☺️🍷

Still doesn’t feel real though!!! I still won’t believe it until the next season starts and I don’t see her for at least a month 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, jkspeaks said:

So when is Meg going to delete her twitter? You know she proclaimed that she will as soon as she left the show. 

I don't think we're that lucky. 😉 We're lucky she's left this show. I'll take it. 😊

• Love 7
8 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

So when is Meg going to delete her twitter? You know she proclaimed that she will as soon as she left the show. 

Never. She needs attention.  Now that she is not on The View, her Twitter and Instragram are all she has.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2021 at 12:38 PM, GoldenGirl90 said:

I’m sorry but from the beginning it was obvious that she would be problematic. I never found much of anything she said “purposeful” 

They may have been "purposeful" to McCain in her own mind, but not to cohosts, viewers, or anyone else in the world

23 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I noticed she's been preventing replies on some of her tweets with the exception of people she follows.

Only 3 have replied.   Perhaps some of them stopped following MM as she is no longer relevant.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Now and then, one of these "My View on The View" Youtubes will pop up, but I don't think I've seen this one.  It's from a month ago and she refers to a PageSix article which I think was discussed here.  It's the one where during the time Sunny and Meghan were on the outs and Sunny was told by the bigwigs that if it was between her and Meghan, they would pick Meghan.  I had either forgotten some of it or I hadn't read the full article.  This Youtube talks about Whoopie, Joy, and Ana going to the new bigwig and saying they did not want to work with Meghan anymore. 

She also says that it was discovered that Meghan was leaking the stories to the press.  I think I vaguely remember that part.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXM2d0SXbU0

eta:  I just realized this is one of several parts.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 5
57 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Sunny was told by the bigwigs that if it was between her and Meghan, they would pick Meghan. 

Wow. Imagine if that had gone public at the time? The actual viewers would have, of course, picked Sunny - hands down.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Now and then, one of these "My View on The View" Youtubes will pop up, but I don't think I've seen this one.  It's from a month ago and she refers to a PageSix article which I think was discussed here.  It's the one where during the time Sunny and Meghan were on the outs and Sunny was told by the bigwigs that if it was between her and Meghan, they would pick Meghan.  I had either forgotten some of it or I hadn't read the full article.  This Youtube talks about Whoopie, Joy, and Ana going to the new bigwig and saying they did not want to work with Meghan anymore. 

She also says that it was discovered that Meghan was leaking the stories to the press.  I think I vaguely remember that part.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXM2d0SXbU0

eta:  I just realized this is one of several parts.

The thing that I think is not correct in the host's assessment: I don't think MeAgain would ever go out quietly and not play the victim. 

MeAgain did try to convey that she triumphantly ditched the View with that GIF of Peggy Olsen.

So did they force her out, and say, play nice, and you will get another gig with ABC in DC?

I do not for a minute think that MeAgain left voluntarily but it seems like there is some deal in the background and she just has to keep her mouth shut.

• Useful 8
7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Wow. Imagine if that had gone public at the time? The actual viewers would have, of course, picked Sunny - hands down.

Seriously, no contest. 

More intelligent

More impressive resume

Nicer personality

Does her homework more than everybody

• Love 14

I can't remember where I heard it or read it, but this TV movie producing gig that Meghan has coming up is apparently not her first time producing.  What I read said that she had produced a couple of episodes of a show on Fox News (Outnumbered?) and one episode of another show on Fox and maybe one other thing.  I can't remember the details exactly.  It was hardly a huge production resume.

But it got me thinking.  She said, and others have said, she "quit" The View to spend more time with her family.  If she has another TV hosting job coming up somewhere, she'll look like a fool after she said she wanted to spend time at home.  If she produces behind the scenes for a couple of years, the optics won't be as bad--no one will know she's not spending much time with her family.  She can do that for a couple of years until people have forgotten her statement about staying home and then pop up on Fox or wherever.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I'm thinking Meghan is pouting with Clay bigtime.  Remember when she bashed Kathy Griffin, and later that day, Clay tweeted good wishes to Kathy?  Well, on August 8, Clay posted an Instagram birthday tribute to his son Parker, using a picture of the hospital clock when his son was born.  (Side note:  His son was born on 8/8/08 at 8:08 am.  The clock photo was taken by Yolanda Hadid who was present at the birth.  Parker's mom is David Foster's sister.)

Normally, Meghan would have either commented on the post, or at least liked it.  Here we are four days later, and Meghan hasn't done either.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Normally, Meghan would have either commented on the post, or at least liked it.  Here we are four days later, and Meghan hasn't done either.

Yup,  sounds like MM is pouting.  Clay may have another Meghan in his circle now - Meghan Markle & Harry are friends with David Foster and lived in his house on Vancouver Island for several months when they were ditching royal duties in Canada.

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Just curious if there was any kind of significant de-following (?) once she left?  Might be a more noticeable drop when reruns are over

I used to reply to Meghan's tweets, as did a lot of people. Not with disrespect, but pointing out when she was wrong. Now she has changed her settings so that nobody can reply except for people she follows. I expect a lot of people  will stop following her, since they can't  reply.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I used to reply to Meghan's tweets, as did a lot of people. Not with disrespect, but pointing out when she was wrong. Now she has changed her settings so that nobody can reply except for people she follows. I expect a lot of people  will stop following her, since they can't  reply.

She wants to live in an echo chamber.  I doubt we will ever see her on any show that she doesn't think is friendly turf.

• Love 9

I think that Megan will regret leaving the view, she will never have it this good.  She was coddled and protected all throughout her time on the view.   The show was willing to fire an accomplished intelligent woman like Sunny to keep her pathetic ass.  

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I cannot tell you how happy am that we will never have to hear Meghan’s misinformation, ignorant blather, and outright lies ever again. 

On The View.  I have a sneaking suspicion she is not gone from some airwaves for good.

• Love 1

From the article about her book:

"why a miscarriage and the birth of her daughter, Liberty, have left her so fired up about women’s rights."

So by fired up about women's rights, she means fired up to take them away, right? The fucking nerve of her.

• Love 20

Audio book?  No hardcover or paperback? That tells me publishers don't think it will sell well.

From the article:

As well as addressing her early life, the audiobook will also reportedly tackle McCain’s time on The View where she was the constant target of ridicule thanks to her almost daily shouting matches with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar.

Did the author of this article ever watch the View?  There weren't shouting matches.  It was Meghan shouting.  Whoopi and Joy rarely raised their voices.  And as far as Meghan being the target of ridicule that was her own doing.  

• Love 13
15 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain has been raging on Twitter but she is not getting the daily headlines she is used to.

She is in the news today because of a press release announcing her memoir.

https://uproxx.com/viral/meghan-mccain-post-the-view-audiobook-bad-republican/

Sounds like Meghan , who said something about having no respect for anyone who writes a tell-all, wrote a tell-all. 

Oh, wait. She didn't WRITE a tell-all, she's just speaking it into  microphone and selling it, so I guess that's different?

• LOL 11
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Sounds like Meghan , who said something about having no respect for anyone who writes a tell-all, wrote a tell-all. 

Or, a tell nothing (we haven’t heard before). 😁

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yep my first thought was this is the same person who criticized Mary Trump for writing a book that was her point of view of things that happened in her family.  It was not gossipy at all. But I bet dollars to donuts Meghan will spill what she thinks is tea.  Most of us will just think *Yawn*.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain has been raging on Twitter but she is not getting the daily headlines she is used to.

And the world is as it should be.

I'd seen the headline about McCain's memoirWannabe-Victim Manifesto being an audiobook yesterday before it was posted here. Made me giggle. Makes it more apparent it only came into being when she got the boot a month and a half ago. There was also some weird article about her husband saying after her last day on The View, that he was looking forward to not talking about Joy Behar for a very long time. LOL I imagine she ranted and raved with her husband about Joy for hours after the show ended every day. Her obsession with Joy was always incredibly creepy.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And the world is as it should be.

I'd seen the headline about McCain's memoirWannabe-Victim Manifesto being an audiobook yesterday before it was posted here. Made me giggle. Makes it more apparent it only came into being when she got the boot a month and a half ago. There was also some weird article about her husband saying after her last day on The View, that he was looking forward to not talking about Joy Behar for a very long time. LOL I imagine she ranted and raved with her husband about Joy for hours after the show ended every day. Her obsession with Joy was always incredibly creepy.

I've said this before, but Meghan treated Joy like she had a crush on her. I had a coworker who had a big crush on me. He gave me lots of attention, loved to pick fights with me, couldn't understand that I didn't enjoy it too, missed me when he was gone and was bummed when I didn't miss him back. It was so much of the same dynamic. I'm not saying Meghan had a traditional type of crush on Joy, but her behavior towards her was fucking weird. I know her party can't stand Joy Behar, so I thought maybe Meghan picked on her to score points with them, but I think her obsession went beyond that. Maybe she admired Joy in a way and wanted Joy to admire her back or something. IDK, but I see Joy as aunt in my head. It made me uncomfortable to see this lovable elderly grandmother treated so terribly. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Audio book?  No hardcover or paperback? That tells me publishers don't think it will sell well.

From the article:

As well as addressing her early life, the audiobook will also reportedly tackle McCain’s time on The View where she was the constant target of ridicule thanks to her almost daily shouting matches with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar.

Did the author of this article ever watch the View?  There weren't shouting matches.  It was Meghan shouting.  Whoopi and Joy rarely raised their voices.  And as far as Meghan being the target of ridicule that was her own doing.  

I see the princess of Arizona is still playing victim as always.. She will never change and will continue to be the perpetual victim of the big bad mean liberals...

• Love 7
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I've said this before, but Meghan treated Joy like she had a crush on her. I had a coworker who had a big crush on me. He gave me lots of attention, loved to pick fights with me, couldn't understand that I didn't enjoy it too, missed me when he was gone and was bummed when I didn't miss him back. It was so much of the same dynamic. I'm not saying Meghan had a traditional type of crush on Joy, but her behavior towards her was fucking weird. I know her party can't stand Joy Behar, so I thought maybe Meghan picked at her to score points with them, but I think her obsession went beyond that. Maybe she admired Joy in a way and wanted Joy to admire her back or something. IDK, but I see Joy as aunt in my head. It made me uncomfortable to see this lovable elderly grandmother treated so terribly. 

Megan always wanted Joy's approval and it pissed her off that Joy did not give it to her.  There is a picture where the ladies went out to lunch on their last day of the season a few years back and Megan was draped all over Joy and she had this Kool-Aid smile on her face and was clearly happy to be with Joy hanging out with her.   All of the other ladies  were happy to be with Joy as well

I have no doubt that if Megan treated Joy with respect despite their political differences she would have gotten Joy's friendship. However Megan was just a nasty disrespectful bitch to not just Joy but to everybody on the show. Look at how she was treating Whoopie her last weeks on the show. Nutmeg was clearly out of control and it was imperative that she left for her sanity. Otherwise, she would have had a nervous breakdown on the show.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan always wanted Joy's approval and it pissed her off that Joy did not give it to her.  There is a picture where the ladies went out to lunch on their last day of the season a few years back and Megan was draped all over Joy and she had this Kool-Aid smile on her face and was clearly happy to be with Joy hanging out with her.   All of the other ladies  were happy to be with Joy as well

I have no doubt that if Megan treated Joy with respect despite their political differences she would have gotten Joy's friendship. However Megan was just a nasty disrespectful bitch to not just Joy but to everybody on the show. Look at how she was treating Whoopie her last weeks on the show. Nutmeg was clearly out of control and it was imperative that she left for her sanity. Otherwise, she would have had a nervous breakdown on the show.

Yes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1