Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, falltime said:

I don't know how long they have done it but the had the first week off of July in 2020 and 2019.

Thanks for that ! I always thought they returned after the Fourth and continued for the next few weeks before breaking at the beginning of August. 

Here's what FORBES has reported on her leaving. I bolded the part which I've been saying all along for the past few seasons - she's ratings gold to the network. 

Of course, these verbal spats bring attention to The View. ABC reportedly tried desperately to keep McCain onboard, who still has two years left on her contract. But it to no avail.

“They even offered a contributor role on ABC News, which she tuned down,” said a source reported on by The Daily Mail. “She’s just had enough. She doesn’t need it anymore — she really doesn’t need it.”

I've been saying all along ABC would never fire her - the advertisers love the commotion she brings to the show because it brings viewers, which in turn brings advertisers, which in turn brings money - lots of money. Despite so many forum members here who have decided not to watch as long as she's part of the show, ABC really doesn't care. They have the #1 talk show and she's a big part of it.

Notice they even offered her a contributor role on ABC News just to stay put on the panel - and she turned it down ?  That's certain;y not an offer a network brings to the talent they want to fire. 

5 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

Notice they even offered her a contributor role on ABC News just to stay put on the panel - and she turned it down ?  That's certain;y not an offer a network brings to the talent they want to fire. 

I'm not convinced this is true, mainly because I don't see MM being content to stay home with her child.  I'll be very interested to see what her next move is going to be.  Somehow I don't think it's going to be staying out of the spotlight.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I'm not convinced this is true, mainly because I don't see MM being content to stay home with her child.  I'll be very interested to see what her next move is going to be.  Somehow I don't think it's going to be staying out of the spotlight.

If she isn't content staying at home with her child, then she would've taken this offer. I'm not sure what you're doubting. 

Meghan can honestly live the dream if she wants. She can spend as much time as possible with Liberty. She can hang out with her many friends and large family. She has the money to travel and shop as much as she wants. She has more time for hobbies, which a lot of mothers set aside when they have little ones. If she doesn't get another TV gig but wants to work, she can blog, vlog, have a podcast, go more into the entertainment field since she loves reality TV. The possibilities are endless. 

• Love 1
On 7/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, GoldenGirl90 said:

Yeah, she reposted a story about it on her Instagram… but like… this is the moment I’ve been waiting for and it won’t feel real until it ACTUALLY happens - for me, anyway. 🤣🤣🤣

The question that remains:  Is Meghan going to be more relaxed her last month, or double down and go extra hard?  It probably depends on her post-View plans. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

It's just ABC coddling her and giving her a nice narrative on her way out the way they do all former co-hosts. I don't even buy that she had two years left on her contract, lol.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan can honestly live the dream if she wants. She can spend as much time as possible with Liberty. She can hang out with her many friends and large family. She has the money to travel and shop as much as she wants. She has more time for hobbies, which a lot of mothers set aside when they have little ones. If she doesn't get another TV gig but wants to work, she can blog, vlog, have a podcast, go more into the entertainment field since she loves reality TV. The possibilities are endless. 

I expect either she'll get a nothing job over at FOX (not one of the big jobs), or she stays at home and occasionally contributes to her husband's outlet. She'll always have a job--if her family name could've kept her on this show so long despite everything she did, it can get her in another door elsewhere--although I doubt she'll ever have a platform this big again.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

If I remember correctly, when she first came to The View she was also a contributor or something for a while. I think they only used her about 4 times. 😄

I can see her turning it down. A few weeks ago she mentions on the show about being talked to by Standards. Maybe she want to more freely spread her lies. 

Now she is going to have time to finish that audio book she announced years ago.

• Love 2
(edited)

I see a YouTube channel, lots of glitter & lip gloss and endless selfies in her future.  Languishing about the house and playing with her phone seems to be her one true love so why not just stay there.  Those sad couch selfies aren't gonna take themselves. 

YouTube is perfect because she can finally get around to sharing all of her makeup tips with "all of those people who are always asking her about it" and also spend as much time as she wants endlessly ranting away about her Grievance of the Day.  Because without her last name, this is exactly where she would be and everybody seems to know it but her. 

*But no, not really, because of course she will fail upwards like most assholes do and she will end up with another overpaid job that she didn't earn and doesn't deserve.  But imagining her doing her own YouTube channel is amusing me. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, falltime said:

If I remember correctly, when she first came to The View she was also a contributor or something for a while. I think they only used her about 4 times. 😄

Yes, she was a contributor (on ABC) a few times (I think 4 times is about right) and she was less than impressive.  The others on the panel (actual pundits and news people) overshadowed her.  I remember the last time they used her, they barely went to her for her opinion and that was her last appearance.  I highly doubt ABC offered her a contributor role for ABC News in return for not leaving, despite what the Daily Mail says.  If they wanted her as a pundit on important news stories, they would have called on her for news stories more than 4 times and would have groomed her to take on the bigger stories in the future.  Instead, they simply stopped using her. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I highly doubt ABC offered her a contributor role for ABC News in return for not leaving, despite what the Daily Mail says.  If they wanted her as a pundit on important news stories, they would have called on her for news stories more than 4 times and would have groomed her to take on the bigger stories in the future.  Instead, they simply stopped using her. 

I agree with this. She was supposed to be an ABC news contributor but she was just a joke and an embarrassment and I am certain the various anchors refused to have her back on. So why would they offer this role again...just to keep her on The View? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Of course, these verbal spats bring attention to The View. ABC reportedly tried desperately to keep McCain onboard, who still has two years left on her contract. But it to no avail.

I don't believe this for a second.   I think this is the story they are all agreeing to, but I don't buy it.  I think Meghan was fired, and part of the negotiation was that they would say it was her decision.    There have been too many times that Meghan has derailed a discussion in a very unpleasant way, too many instances of unprofessional behavior, and most recently, calling out companies (Vogue magazine and Victoria's Secret are the ones I recall, but I don't watch every show)  that could mean they could lose guests or ads.  Example - Megan Rapinoe I'm sure wouldn't want to be interviewed by McCain.  

ABC might like the ratings, but if all the publicity is about Meghan's meltdowns, that doesn't help  the show's reputation.  I think they wanted to avoid a Sharon Osbourne type of disaster, and were happy to let Meghan go.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

ABC might like the ratings, but if all the publicity is about Meghan's meltdowns, that doesn't help  the show's reputation.  I think they wanted to avoid a Sharon Osbourne type of disaster, and were happy to let Meghan go.  

And it was the perfect time to do it, too, while The Talk is in a tailspin of its own. If they waited to get rid of her a year or two from now (or, worse, if she had to be ousted midseason because of another argument she'd inevitably started), perhaps The Talk could've started re-gaining in the ratings by then and The View would be characterized of being a revolving door the same way they were when the shows were being pitted against each other back pre-2016. Since The Talk just removed one of their own co-hosts and they have the lowest ratings to boot, there's no way they can use this to stir up tabloid fodder since they're not even within range of being a competitor right now.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I see a YouTube channel, lots of glitter & lip gloss and endless selfies in her future.  Languishing about the house and playing with her phone seems to be her one true love so why not just stay there.  Those sad couch selfies aren't gonna take themselves. 

YouTube is perfect because she can finally get around to sharing all of her makeup tips with "all of those people who are always asking her about it" and also spend as much time as she wants endlessly ranting away about her Grievance of the Day.  Because without her last name, this is exactly where she would be and everybody seems to know it but her. 

*But no, not really, because of course she will fail upwards like most assholes do and she will end up with another overpaid job that she didn't earn and doesn't deserve.  But imagining her doing her own YouTube channel is amusing me. 

It amuses me too. Is there a large market for conservative women who love not so conservative hair and makeup? Will she be able to squeeze MyFather into makeup tutorials? Would she go on political rants about makeup companies? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I don't believe this for a second.   I think this is the story they are all agreeing to, but I don't buy it.  I think Meghan was fired, and part of the negotiation was that they would say it was her decision.    There have been too many times that Meghan has derailed a discussion in a very unpleasant way, too many instances of unprofessional behavior, and most recently, calling out companies (Vogue magazine and Victoria's Secret are the ones I recall, but I don't watch every show)  that could mean they could lose guests or ads.  Example - Megan Rapinoe I'm sure wouldn't want to be interviewed by McCain.  

Totally agree. Meghan had become a liability for ABC. They never knew which brand or person she would offend next.  They let her get away with too much from the start and she steadily got worse.  No matter what her cohosts said on air I'm pretty sure none of them will miss her. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Totally agree. Meghan had become a liability for ABC. They never knew which brand or person she would offend next.  They let her get away with too much from the start and she steadily got worse.

I think ABC had to balance the viewers they knew were tuning in to watch MM, mainly I think to hatewatch but I'm assuming she had her fans as well, and the potential advertisers who were not prepared to be associated with someone like her.  Not her politics - although I'm sure that's what she would prefer to believe - but the way she would go off on some random company because she has no filter.  I stand by my belief that while ABC may not have fired her I feel they drew a line in the sand and MM realized she wasn't going to have to same freedom to offend that she had enjoyed up to now.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Totally agree. Meghan had become a liability for ABC. They never knew which brand or person she would offend next.  They let her get away with too much from the start and she steadily got worse.  No matter what her cohosts said on air I'm pretty sure none of them will miss her. 

maxresdefault.jpg

ZERO!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, WinnieWinkle said:

See that's what has me so worried.  They are going to pound her with offer after offer and they are going to wear her down until she finally takes something.  Like being able to remoted from DC.  Hey if Anna can do it....  i just pray everyone stays resilient, dont give in, fight the good fight, the end is in site.  I think shes going to have some sort of distraction to keep her occupied for 3 weeks.  My nerves are already taut.  She will go, she will go, she will go. Heh

16 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

See that's what has me so worried.  They are going to pound her with offer after offer and they are going to wear her down until she finally takes something.  Like being able to remoted from DC.  Hey if Anna can do it....  i just pray everyone stays resilient, dont give in, fight the good fight, the end is in site.  I think shes going to have some sort of distraction to keep her occupied for 3 weeks.  My nerves are already taut.  She will go, she will go, she will go. Heh

I don't think there will be more offers  from ABC/The View. That ship has sailed.  She announced she's leaving. Any negotiation was already done before we found out about her exit. I'm not worried about her changing her mind. I of course don't know for sure but I'm leaning towards it wasn't entirely her decision to leave.  The View has always let the hosts act like they decided to leave, so they could save face.( Star Jones).

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I don't think there will be more offers  from ABC/The View. That ship has sailed.  She announced she's leaving. Any negotiation was already done before we found out about her exit. I'm not worried about her changing her mind. I of course don't know for sure but I'm leaning towards it wasn't entirely her decision to leave.  The View has always let the hosts act like they decided to leave, so they could save face.( Star Jones).

Good points all. Still, i think i need a shot.  Yeeeeeeea thats the ticket heh. 🥂🤪🙃

• LOL 1

That's the other thang that sticks in my craw...the letting her take credit for it.  She will lie, or she was treated unfairly, or the stories were slanted away from Her. Yada yada yada.  She will from this moment on til eternity, run those lips and slam everybody and everything.

• Love 1
(edited)

@GiveMeSpace That article hinted at exactly what I've been thinking - that the new management wasn't prepared to let MM call the shots anymore.  That the other hosts had had enough of her attitude was already abundantly clear.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

That's the other thang that sticks in my craw...the letting her take credit for it.  She will lie, or she was treated unfairly, or the stories were slanted away from Her. Yada yada yada.  She will from this moment on til eternity, run those lips and slam everybody and everything.

Agreed, it's annoying as hell.  She can't even be grateful they let  save face in the leavingtaking.  But she would have pulled the martyr rot anyway, It's the only way she knows how to communicate.  And I firmly believe the so-called sources that have been leaking crap to the daily fail has the initials MM.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I'm so thrilled that she's leaving the show, I don't really care how it's spun.  Let her be a martyr.  The viewing audience is free of her and that's the important thing. 🙂

• Love 10
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

The story at Page Six tells us more about what we already knew about Sunny-she was forced to pretend to like McCain.

https://pagesix.com/2021/07/05/the-view-co-hosts-are-relieved-that-meghan-mccain-is-out/

I read it earlier and I think it's true, too. Fedida and the man who retired earlier this year were both in McCain's corner because of her father. Most viewers remember when McCain tried to get Sunny fired by implying she was leaking to the press a year or two back (she knew she couldn't take out Whoopi and Joy, but Sunny's lower down the totem-pole), and Sunny's only response in the press was that slander was liable. Sunny had a month or two on the show where she wouldn't even look McCain in the face even though they were sitting right next to each other, then suddenly she was OTT in her lipservice to princess. Anybody could tell that was an act. I definitely believe those former honchos implied she had to do that or get axed.

I'm just so grateful that all these women she did her best to terrorize or get fired BTS (and on air) survived her. And I'm including the hairdresser whose been there 20 years she tried to get fired for liking a comment on Twitter that was negative about her.

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

No matter what her cohosts said on air I'm pretty sure none of them will miss her. 

I noticed Joy didn't stoop to saying she'd miss MeAgain.  LOL

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

According to Ladies Who Punch, Rosie got knocked out the first time because she went after ABC directly. Meghan made the same mistake. 

Edited by TheView
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Rightside said:

ET Canada also reports that following that show and after receiving numerous petitions from viewers who wanted McCain out, Goodwin held an emergency meeting to address tensions but seemingly to no avail. Until now.

Interesting.  I had assumed that ABC was getting negative comments from viewers.  I have yet to hear that they were getting anything positive.  Dare we hope that new management is clueing in that most viewers do not want combative disinformation from someone who clearly thinks she is better than everyone else?

• Love 2

"The source also went on to explain how Joy Behar, Ana Navarro and Goldberg had all approached the network’s new management, aka ABC News President Kim Goodwin, after McCain and Behar’s big blow-up back in May."

Sunny was told to get along with Meghan.

There is no mention of Sara.  I wonder if she is really next to go.

11 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Sunny was told to get along with Meghan.

Sounds like this was told to her by the previous management.  Not saying they now valued Sunny over McCain but I'd wonder if the new management would have handled McCain's feuding in the same way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Sara has that new game show and three little kids, she may be fine with going.  Sara has always been a team player; she’ll go wherever they want her. 

• Love 1

From the article: 

[ABC brass] essentially told Sunny, ‘Don’t make us have to choose between you and Meghan because we’re not going to choose you.’ 

Can you imagine if that had happened?  I would have stopped watching.  WTF was ABC thinking? Meghan was being treated like the spoiled child who throws a tantrum and is given her way so the tantrum will stop.  Only Meghan's tantrums never stopped.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Only Meghan's tantrums never stopped.

And just as with a spoiled child it encouraged her to believe she could behave as she wanted with no consequences.  I think it must have come as a huge shock when she realized there was a new sheriff in town.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when reality set in.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, WinnieWinkle said:

And just as with a spoiled child it encouraged her to believe she could behave as she wanted with no consequences.  

She will never admit or even recognize it was her own behavior that was the reason she was shown the door (and I will always believe that is what happened).  I think even Star Jones eventually realized she had become insufferable when she was asked to leave.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

From the article: 

[ABC brass] essentially told Sunny, ‘Don’t make us have to choose between you and Meghan because we’re not going to choose you.’ 

Can you imagine if that had happened?  I would have stopped watching.  WTF was ABC thinking? Meghan was being treated like the spoiled child who throws a tantrum and is given her way so the tantrum will stop.  Only Meghan's tantrums never stopped.

Why would you want to keep an intelligent and accomplished woman, who shows up prepared to discuss a wide range of topics when you can have a dumb, tempermental trust fund baby, who hasn't accomplished a thing in her life and is only prepared with hubby's talking points and shuts down any topic she deems boring (99.99996% of current events)? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

From the article: 

That's such bs! I would have stopped watching too. Ugh, it ticks me off that they don't appreciate Sunny the way they should. 

• Love 11
On 7/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, RealHousewife said:

I bet Meghan and Ben fight as foreplay. 

I was wasting time on Twitter yesterday and found this tidbit - Meghan is Ben's 3rd wife. That surprised me! I dove into the Internet and found he marries every 7 years - 2003, 2010 & Meghan in 2017. His first wife's Twitter name is @LibertyRedhead which is interesting as they named their daughter Liberty. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Goodtimes said:

I was wasting time on Twitter yesterday and found this tidbit - Meghan is Ben's 3rd wife. That surprised me! I dove into the Internet and found he marries every 7 years - 2003, 2010 & Meghan in 2017. His first wife's Twitter name is @LibertyRedhead which is interesting as they named their daughter Liberty. 

I had no idea.  To be honest, I never really thought about it.  So Meghan has about three years left with him if he follows the previous pattern. 

I wonder if Liberty is his first child.

• Love 2