Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

As much as I’m loath to say something nice about Meghan, she did a nice job on MTP. She wasn’t shrill, didn’t interrupt people & made some valid observations. I wonder if she is trying to rebrand herself?

It won't last. She probably cried afterwards 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

As much as I’m loath to say something nice about Meghan, she did a nice job on MTP. She wasn’t shrill, didn’t interrupt people & made some valid observations. I wonder if she is trying to rebrand herself?

I didn't see it, but Meghan has the capacity to be nice, even likable. The problem is, she can't keep it up. I'm not saying it's impossible for her to change, but I wouldn't buy it after one appearance. 

• Love 8

Well the critics didn't think MM did a good job on MTP.  Seems she got caught lying about President Biden's Build back better plan.  She said it was polling poorly.  It's polling well with the high for it about 66%.  Of course, Chuck Todd just let the lie stand.  So both of them are being ripped on Twitter.  She didn't look that great either.  Her hair looked like she just rolled out of bed and briefly took a comb to it.  Most of the reaction is why is she back on tv.  Good question.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Sped14 said:

Well the critics didn't think MM did a good job on MTP.  Seems she got caught lying about President Biden's Build back better plan.  She said it was polling poorly.  It's polling well with the high for it about 66%.  Of course, Chuck Todd just let the lie stand.  So both of them are being ripped on Twitter.  She didn't look that great either.  Her hair looked like she just rolled out of bed and briefly took a comb to it.  Most of the reaction is why is she back on tv.  Good question.

I realize this is a shallow comment but I noticed her hair immediately.  There was a camera shot from behind and her extensions were obvious and the color didn't match her hair.  She looked pretty rough. I expected her to be all glammed up for her first post The View TV appearance.  I guess she's too cheap to use CCProStyles when she's footing the bill. I changed the channel after seeing her but Twitter comments aren't favorable at all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I caught the tail end of MTP and saw her.  Didn’t know she would be on.   She was a toned down version of her View persona.   She was doing a mile a minute run on speech and I did notice that Chuck cut her off before she was done.   Then a different panelist right after that effectively used her words against her….lol.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 9/25/2021 at 8:28 AM, Sped14 said:

So MM can't even wish her former coworkers well after this incident?  Garbage human being is right.  This reaction is probably a preview of how her book will be.  She will be settling scores with former coworkers.  I'm sure she'll trash Joy, Ana and Sara.  I also expect to see reports from sources behind the scenes telling of MM's horrible behavior once her books debuts.  As for ripping Whoopi in the book, I'm not sure about that one.  I do think Whoopi is the main reason she's gone this season.  Almost from her return from maternity leave, she was being horrible.  I especially remember her trying her gotcha questions on Rev. Warnock who had been just elected.  I definitely remember the look on Whoopi's face and she looked angry.  It didn't get any better the rest of the season.  All I can say is this season has been great so far even with yesterday's scare. 

Ana worked on one of John McCain's campaigns, I think the one when Megan was removed from the campaign for giving tours of the
"Straight Talk Express" campaign bus without permission (2008?). I believe there's no love lost because Ana knows 'Ol Megs way too well from those days. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wouldn't tune into any show that she was on in case it would be interpreted as interest by the TV bean-counters.  She held me hostage for the entire time she was on The View ... that's done!!!  I don't give a damn what she has to say or what she looks like.  (She's dead to me!!!)

• Love 22

I am so much enjoying Meghan's fall from her bully pulpit. She had a good gig on The View, and if she'd not been so nasty, she could have stayed there indefinitely.

But she's now reduced to working for a British rag (she who couldn't even be bothered to pay attention to the Royal Wedding because "I'm American, I don't care about what happens in England") and repeatedly trashing the man, the President!, who publicly comforted her and held her after her father's death on The View.

Not wishing the best to Sunny and Ana after the COVID scare was pure garbage behavior.

Honestly, sometimes karma really does do its thing.

• Love 18

Add this to the shallow comment section of MM's appearance on MTP, to me she appeared as if she had several Jack Daniels Saturday night.  She really did look rough.  I, too, am enjoying the karma coming back at her.  She had one of the best gigs on tv and she blew it by her childish behavior.   Her last show was one of the weakest goodbyes they ever gave.  Abby got a better sendoff and she was only there a year but then again Abby is a nicer person.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I wonder if she is trying to rebrand herself?

Well, if she is, her weird attacks on her personal friend the President, as well as her insensitive jabs at her co-hosts potentially having COVID, don't seem to fit in with a rebrand. She is just an asshole, as usual.

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY Newsthe view GIF by Splinter

• Love 10

I just wonder whose idea it was to have Meg on MTP.  They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel when they need an art history major/professional daughter who works for a British tabloid to provide political commentary.  Was everyone else out of town?

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I just wonder whose idea it was to have Meg on MTP.  They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel when they need an art history major/professional daughter who works for a British tabloid to provide political commentary.  Was everyone else out of town?

The fact she was MTP an NBC show and not This Week on ABC a network that employed her for almost four years says a lot.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Sped14 said:

Add this to the shallow comment section of MM's appearance on MTP, to me she appeared as if she had several Jack Daniels Saturday night.  She really did look rough.  I, too, am enjoying the karma coming back at her. 

This is true. She looked really rough. She had the makeup with the fake eyelashes and all that, but her hair was truly a disaster. And apparently the MTP people hate her too, cause the camera kept circling behind her. And the spackle on her face just made her look puffy. No The View makeup artist and great lighting for her.

She added absolutely nothing to the discussion (but this is Chuck Todd's show, terrible). He welcomed her saying it was great to have a McCain back on the program. Hah!

She was nervous. She had her usual talking points about how Americans only care about the price of gas and how much toys cost for their children this Christmas.

And then, when one of the others talked about the pandemic and how this is the biggest issue, and there is confusion, she actually said: I know, I don't even know when I can get my booster shot.

Her continued strategy is to say no one knows anything. There are websites. Gov't websites. Read the rules. We all know.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, bannana said:

And then, when one of the others talked about the pandemic and how this is the biggest issue, and there is confusion, she actually said: I know, I don't even know when I can get my booster shot.

Meghan -  are you over 65?  a health care professional?  teacher?  under treatment for serious illness?   NO?  then get to the back of the line with your entitled white privilege! 

Oh, and when she said that Americans only care about gas prices and christmas gifts, she was talking about those "middle America trump supporters"  she used to talk about all the time.  You know, when she thought she knew that trump would be re-elected because she had talked to the "real Americans"  and they wear MAGA hats at the gas station. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 10/2/2021 at 8:45 PM, ifionlyknew said:

Oh for fuck sake. Seriously?  So white men don't want to go to college because they will be attacked for being white men?  That's our Meghan always sticking up for underdog.

This is just absolute drivel she is spouting. And she's worried educated women won't be able to find men to father their children and society will break down? It must be really embarrassing to be a member of her family. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I am so confused. She said "at the close of the 2021-2022 academic year women made up 59.5% of college students.

Aren't we in 2021?

And did she not move away from NYC last year?

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 10

I have been seeing previews of the Meghan-produced movie that will be on...Lifetime?  Is she in it?  Because there is a not-stick-thin actress with long blonde hair that looks very much like her showing in the clips.

• LOL 2
30 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Good grief.  It is Heather Locklear...she has had fillers in her face/cheeks so she resembles Meghan.

I do feel for Heather. Aging is hard for all of us, especially women, in particular those in the spotlight, and even more so when you're known for your beauty like she was. 

Meghan's not my favorite person, but she is beautiful. I hope she is careful with her face.

• Love 2

Is Meghan doing a "pink for breast cancer"  thing?   Because that bugs me.   Yes, October is breast cancer awareness month, and someone decided that pink things celebrate, or promote awareness, or something related to breast cancer.    As someone with breast cancer, the whole idea that people put pink dye in their hair somehow helps me, is annoying.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Is Meghan doing a "pink for breast cancer"  thing?   Because that bugs me.   Yes, October is breast cancer awareness month, and someone decided that pink things celebrate, or promote awareness, or something related to breast cancer.    As someone with breast cancer, the whole idea that people put pink dye in their hair somehow helps me, is annoying.

Tinkerbell-all the good vibes to you. Yes, this pink crap and Save the TaTas makes me ragey. This is the kind of performative nonsense that the Princess embraces. Also-if she looks at herself in that ridiculous filter and thinks she looks good then she should go ahead and go for that look so we can all point and laugh.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

@tinkerbell hope you get well soon.

And yeah what @GiveMeSpace said. Dying her hair pink is literally the very least Meghan can do for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I agree with everything you said.  I don't wear pink.  It is my issue.  I don't advertise.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Someone is thirsty.

Supporting breast cancer awareness while sporting Pippi Longstocking freckles - is that in support of giving yourself skin cancer?

• LOL 1
On 7/22/2021 at 8:40 AM, HerkyJerky said:

Yep, he married the first one in 2003; the second one in 2010; and Meghan in 2017.  If I was MeAgain, I'd be looking over my shoulder in 2024!😝

#5… the troubles between Meghan & Ben are probably starting now. His nightly show’s sign off line implores his dozen or so viewers to be “lovers of freedom” and then also beckons them to be “anxious for the fray” & this alone is enough to make me question his character… who actually speaks those words? Either someone totally self-absorbed or someone without any self awareness. It exposes the con, nightly, if only for a few moments. 

• Love 3
On 7/22/2021 at 7:40 AM, HerkyJerky said:

Yep, he married the first one in 2003; the second one in 2010; and Meghan in 2017.  If I was MeAgain, I'd be looking over my shoulder in 2024!😝

Do you know why he divorced the first two? It doesn't even list their divorce dates which made me wonder if they died. 

Responding here because my post is Meghan specific . . .

7 hours ago, SusannahM said:

I always had to laugh at MM and her attitude about masks.  I've reached a point where I'm so used to wearing them out in public that if - well I should say when really - the mask rules are lifted I don't know if I'll be able to stop wearing one!

I don't like the masks for a number of reasons, but they do help, and they were especially helpful prior to vaccinations. What's funny about Meghan is she brags about the military nonstop and all the sacrifices they make to keep us safe. You'd think she'd figure the least she could do is put on a mask to protect her fellow Americans. 

• Love 11
On 10/8/2021 at 11:30 AM, Alrad said:

Do you know why he divorced the first two? It doesn't even list their divorce dates which made me wonder if they died. 

When it was first brought up that he had ex wives the one I looked up was still alive. I think we found out about the second ex wife at a later point though. 

• Love 2
On 10/5/2021 at 11:45 AM, tinkerbell said:

Or shave their heads.  Yeah.  Not the same, and not helpful.

You guys did it before me lol. But yeah she is again as usual playing the victim in her new book that no one will buy, basically having a huge pity party and throwing Joy and Whoopi under the bus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

From the book:

I don't recall this.  I thought she took several weeks off.

So much for Meghan despising tell-all books.

I honestly thought she was off for at least a month.  I remember a lot of comments about her extended bereavement leave.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I honestly thought she was off for at least a month.  I remember a lot of comments about her extended bereavement leave.

Just checked. He died in late August and she returned to work the week of October 8, so she had a pretty long bereavement period.

I honestly find Meghan's comments today very sad. Not that she was apparently treated so terribly at work, because we've all seen video of the incidents she's describing and her recollections are largely inaccurate. It's sad that she has so little self-awareness and emotional intelligence that she can't even begin to understand how her toxic behavior caused the other women to lose their patience with her.

Edited by heysmilinstrange
more to say
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Just checked. He died in late August and she returned to work the week of October 8.

Any interview Meghan gives about her book is going to need a fact checker.  Does she think people are just going to believe what she says?  Guess we can add her audio book to the fake news pile.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5