Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I buried him and showed up to work right after.

I don't recall this.  I thought she took several weeks off.

So much for Meghan despising tell-all books.

Yes, she buried her father, and then, a mere two months later, showed up to work.  

It's all in how you look at it.  If you're a privileged white woman who has never had to struggle, you don't realize that in the rest of the world, a lot of people do suffer a loss and then show up to work right after.  

• Love 13

Meghan is going to look so ridiculous for the examples in her book (ie. the one where Whoopi says "Girl please stop talking", and the one where Joy says "I did not miss you - zero!" after Meghan interrupted her). Anyone with access to Youtube will be able to watch those clips and see who the bratty, rude, aggressor was. 

What happened to her not being a snowflake? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, thejuicer said:

Meghan is going to look so ridiculous for the examples in her book (ie. the one where Whoopi says "Girl please stop talking", and the one where Joy says "I did not miss you - zero!" after Meghan interrupted her). Anyone with access to Youtube will be able to watch those clips and see who the bratty, rude, aggressor was. 

What happened to her not being a snowflake? 

I know! She expected to be treated with kid gloves because she came back from maternity leave but she was as ragey and vitriolic as ever> WTF? I see why she took down that "Tough Chick" descriptor from her Twitter bio.

3 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

From the excerpt of Meg's book:

"The second that feeling set in, it started to snowball into me thinking that everyone hated me. "

That Meghan, is what we call "self-awareness".

Another excerpt: " I felt my boobs begin to leak from lactation. "

Her BOOBS. Jesus take the wheel.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Also from the excerpt.

After giving birth, I didn’t feel like myself. I felt extremely vulnerable. Joy seemed to smell that vulnerability like a shark smells blood in the water, and she took after it. Why was this worth it to her? I will never know. But, so much for working moms looking out for each other.

I seem to recall Meghan not wanting Abby to talk about anything child related because it was triggering for Meghan.

Joy never went after Meghan.  It was always Meghan picking at Joy and Joy defending herself.

Also from the excerpt:

It felt like the co-hosts and staff only knew one Republican — me — and took out all their anger on me, even though I didn’t even vote for Trump.

Maybe because you defended his polices and even championed them sometimes. 

Somewhere Katie Couric is saying thank you.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

"She’d triggered my postpartum anxiety..."

I thought only libs get triggered. Jr. "wrote" a book about it.

"When other women come back from maternity leave on “The View,” they are welcomed with confetti and baby presents."

That's nice. Most offices just have a baby shower before maternity leave. I've never seen confetti when someone came back.

"Call me naïve, but when I came back to work after having a baby, I expected to be treated with respect." 

Meghan, you're naïve. You sort of have to earn respect to be given it. I don't have kids, so I can appreciate the pain and work that goes with having them, but that doesn't mean your obnoxious ways are instantly forgiven.

She sounds absolutely exhausting to work with. It's nice that's she's for paid maternity and family leave NOW that it's affected her, but her tribe ain't listening.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Quoted from book: It felt like the co-hosts and staff only knew one Republican — me — and took out all their anger on me, even though I didn’t even vote for Trump.

Typical self centred Meghan.  Does she really believe she was the only Republican in their circles of friends and acquaintances?  Of course not.  But it plays better I guess to whoever she fondly imagines will buy her book.  The eternal victim.

• Love 14
Just now, SusannahM said:

Typical self centred Meghan.  Does she really believe she was the only Republican in their circles of friends and acquaintances?  Of course not.  But it plays better I guess to whoever she fondly imagines will buy her book.  The eternal victim.

If Meghan were truly outcasted and mistreated due to being honest about her politics, I'd feel awful for her, whether I shared her views or not. But we saw how she spoke to people every day for years. She was not nice. The women were all much nicer to her than most people would have been considering the attitude Meghan gave them. She literally joined the show making comments about Joy. You can't be nasty, pick on people, and then expect them all to love you and want you there. It's not the way the world works anywhere. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Also from the excerpt.

After giving birth, I didn’t feel like myself. I felt extremely vulnerable. Joy seemed to smell that vulnerability like a shark smells blood in the water, and she took after it. Why was this worth it to her? I will never know. But, so much for working moms looking out for each other.

LOL this has nothing to do with you being a working mom, Meghan. Plus I don't think Joy still considers herself a working mother considering her daughter is fifty years old.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
On 9/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, Goodtimes said:

As for ripping Whoopi in the book, I'm not sure about that one.  I do think Whoopi is the main reason she's gone this season. 

And...as SO MANY of us who were talking back to our televisions:

• Whoopi is the main reason Ms. McCain GOT the job--because of her respect for John McCain (and probably at his request).
  • Whoopi helped keep her there long after others (cohosts/viewers) wanted her GONE.
  • Whoopi saved her ass over and over.
  • I can only hope that Whoopi is the main reason she's gone: making amends to all of us.
  • It's appreciated, Whoopi.  
  • Love 16

Also from the excerpt.

Oh please, there was always something. Meghan used the stuff she went through while she was a host to excuse her rudeness and unprofessional behavior. There are so many people who go through so much more and bust their butts every day for money that's pocket change for Meghan.

1 minute ago, heysmilinstrange said:

LOL this has nothing to do with you being a working mom, Meghan. Plus I don't think Joy still considers herself a working mother considering her daughter is fifty years old.

lol Joy was a saint for how much she put up with Meghan. The nerve of Meghan to talk like Joy picked on her. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

And...as SO MANY of us who were talking back to our televisions:

• Whoopi is the main reason Ms. McCain GOT the job--because of her respect for John McCain (and probably at his request).
  • Whoopi helped keep her there long after others (cohosts/viewers) wanted her GONE.
  • Whoopi saved her ass over and over.
  • I can only hope that Whoopi is the main reason she's gone: making amends to all of us.
  • It's appreciated, Whoopi.  

How many of us said when she started pissing off Whoopi "Meghan you in danger girl"?

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

lol Joy was a saint for how much she put up with Meghan. The nerve of Meghan to talk like Joy picked on her. 

Yeah, Princess of Arizona.   We wuz there. We saw every one of your "shining moments" and will be happy to appear as witnesses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I will give Meghan this....she does a fantastic job at being 1 sided and painting a false narrative. I just read her VF excerpt and WOW she took zero accountability of how she was The View. if I had never watched it, I would've thought "wow these women were horrible to this poor woman!" but....I watch every single day so I know the truth. The truth is not what Meghan attempts to get across. 

I know they wont talk about it but lord do I wish they'd talk about it on the show.

• Love 16

Meghan has always been a good reminder to me that you could have all of the money in the world, be given all of the opportunities in the world, and that at the end of the day it doesn't make a difference if you are, to the core, a miserable person. It's a shame that she seems to have had loving parents, and seems to genuinely have friends, and no one can intervene and be real with her on her lack of self awareness. I'm guessing that anyone who has tried to do so was quickly cut out of her life. She has always given off a vibe of being a deeply unhappy person to me, has she ever mentioned anything about getting therapy (seriously)? I think that everyone has a right to be angry after their parent dies, but I think that it was made worse for her because she does not seem to have a lot of coping skills for when things don't go her own way in life. I very much doubt that Whoopie was surprised when she announced she was leaving, as she claims. And obviously, we know about her problems with Abby, I resent the fact that we have to suffer through this puff piece written by someone who is admittedly friends with her.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Some more from the book:

Meghan McCain Reveals Best and Worst View Guests -- See Who Was 'Wonderful' and Who Was a 'D--k'

https://toofab.com/2021/10/19/meghan-mccain-reveals-best-and-worst-view-guests/

(Toofab is TMZ's sister site.)

In this excerpt, Meghan calls Nathan Lane a dick.

This quote made me laugh

"Pirro went on Sean Hannity's show that night and recalled the episode as if she'd been an innocent victim and Whoopi was insane," McCain said. "I yelled at my TV when I saw that."

She is just like Pirro thinking she's the victim of The View. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

This quote made me laugh

"Pirro went on Sean Hannity's show that night and recalled the episode as if she'd been an innocent victim and Whoopi was insane," McCain said. "I yelled at my TV when I saw that."

She is just like Pirro thinking she's the victim of The View. 

The one time she was honest about not being a View victim: giphy.gif

• LOL 3

Apparently Meghan went on Hannity's show to promote her book and talk about how she "held liberal guests' feet to the fire" and was mistreated for it.  She's repeating all her lines about how its so hard to be the only conservative voice on tv, or some crazy shit like that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Apparently Meghan went on Hannity's show to promote her book and talk about how she "held liberal guests' feet to the fire" and was mistreated for it.  She's repeating all her lines about how its so hard to be the only conservative voice on tv, or some crazy shit like that.

Hahahaha I remember when she "took Pamela Anderson to task." Pamela owned her and did it so kindly and politely. Meghan was still not a fan and said she was planning to ask Pamela to sign something for Ben because she was his childhood crush (something like that), but she didn't want to after the interview. 

At least she gave TYT some more material.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-tells-hannity-that-liberals-punished-her-for-not-voting-for-president-obama

I don't think she said anything that wasn't delusional.   

7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

^ That's because he's a friend of Rosie O'Donnell, a liberal. It always comes back to that for who she attempts to smear and why. She's a dutiful shill.

It's true.  Meghan is a team player.   If you aren't on her team then you are the enemy.  And she wonders why people not on her team don't like her.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

At least she gave TYT some more material.

They used a lot of the same words we use when discussing Meghan McCain.  Entitled.  Aggrieved.  Princess.

This audio book will get her attention but it isn't going to open any doors for her.  It's not going to bolster her image.  For those of us that watched her tenure on the View it is  simply confirming what we already knew. That she got that job because she was someone's daughter and was a snowflake unable to hold her own even though she was a self described tough chick.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

She is still playing the hate game.  It's disheartening.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

She is still playing the hate game.  It's disheartening.

One of my favorite quotes is from Maya Angelou:

When someone shows  you who they are believe them.

Meghan showed us who she was on a daily basis.

• Love 10

We all knew that she was not going to go away quietly with dignity into the night.  She is still a horrible bitter unhappy delusional human being who will never change. Good riddance!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

She talked about it after her father died, but I don't think it worked.

So, Rolling Stone just came out with an interview that SE Cupp did with Meghan (her "best friend"...must be nice when all of these interviews are with people who are friends with you) to promote this mess, and it sounds like Meghan has been in therapy and taking anti-depressants after her husband told her she needed help after the birth of Liberty. She also does reference her bereavement leave in this interview as being "five or six weeks", but also still characterizes it as going "right back" to work, because she is "hard-ass". My employer only grants one week max for bereavement, which I think is ridiculous, and I hope that Meghan realizes that she was lucky that her employer had a more generous policy.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Apparently Meghan went on Hannity's show to promote her book and talk about how she "held liberal guests' feet to the fire" and was mistreated for it.  

Yeah, like in one of her final shows when she sat out the Mary Trump interview? 😂

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Yeah, like in one of her final shows when she sat out the Mary Trump interview? 😂

and she got called out on her cowardice and she responded with a nasty tweet playing victim as always..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BelleBrit said:

She also does reference her bereavement leave in this interview as being "five or six weeks", but also still characterizes it as going "right back" to work, because she is "hard-ass".

Because it cannot be said enough. If you call  yourself a hard ass you are not a hard ass.

The fact she thinks going "right back" is five or six weeks shows her incredible privilege.  This is also the same woman who had over three months maternity leave.  She is so out of touch with the reality of most working people, especially women.

1 hour ago, BelleBrit said:

So, Rolling Stone just came out with an interview that SE Cupp did with Meghan (her "best friend"...must be nice when all of these interviews are with people who are friends with you) to promote this mess,

Makes me wonder if we are going to see or read any interviews with people not sympathetic to Meghan's plight as the poor picked on conservative.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

This audio book will get her attention but it isn't going to open any doors for her.  It's not going to bolster her image.  

This is what I've been thinking.  How does she think she will ever get another job in TV news?  Talk about burning bridges.  Anyone hiring her will know that she will spill all their secrets when she leaves their employ.  (Unless maybe they have her sign an NDA.)  Plus, since the View is under the ABC news division, all those people talk to contacts they have in the news industry.  Her name will be mud.    

• Love 9
23 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, she buried her father, and then, a mere two months later, showed up to work.  

It's all in how you look at it.  If you're a privileged white woman who has never had to struggle, you don't realize that in the rest of the world, a lot of people do suffer a loss and then show up to work right after.  

Two gloooorious months haha no complaints here lol

• LOL 6

During my time on “The View,” I felt like I was being often being punished and singled out for being a conservative. I’d hear a lot of complaints that the staff, including the other co-hosts and producers, had problems with my “personality.”

What she doesn't realize that complaints about her personality had nothing to do with her being a conservative.....

I could take her complaints more seriously if she even acknowledged her role in this toxic work environment.  

• Love 13