Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

. Perhaps that's why McCain wants the job, to still attempt to do damage to The View from afar since she's no longer able to do it from within the house.

She seems to burn bridges with each job she leaves whether it is voluntary or not.  

I wonder if she went looking for a job and this is the only one she could find or if they came to her with an offer.

She will be a columnist at the Daily Mail. Wonder if she will actually write the columns herself or will she plagiarize someone else's work.  It has been known to happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Wait, so Meghan's currently working for an employer who mocked her, and she's married to someone who said. ALLEGEDLY "do not want" about her?!

Wait just one minute. He said that?  As in not be married anymore? Alright i do empathize for MM there.  What a dog.  There's so many better for you.  Use Paul Ryan as your model <grin>.  A good guy. That other is a cheat waiting to happen. Just a lil fix up above.  I totally believe you, but for legal..LOL

4 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Wait just one minute. He said that?  As in not be married anymore? Alright i do empathize for MM there.  What a dog.  There's so many better for you.  Use Paul Ryan as your model <grin>.  A good guy. That other is a cheat waiting to happen. Just a lil fix up above.  I totally believe you, but for legal..LOL

lol no, he said that before they dated. 

22 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

From the celebrity gossip IG @deuxmoi...

No idea if it's true, but they're usually pretty accurate. 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot_20210909-163308_Instagram.jpg

Couple points:  first, i HIGHLY doubt anyone is freaking out at the View.  You dont get to 25 seasons, and not see a thing or two. Deal with assholes all the dam day long.  She knows nothing.  Second point: you may want to double check your copy up above.  I cant circle it but second line.  First two words 'they freaking'.  Now shouldn't there be a word in between?  Like 'are '  ? Or were?  I could be wrong.  Joy, do you want to interject?  Heehee

Her latest job at the Daily Mail is probably the only offer she got.  Her reputation for being difficult on air and not taking direction is likely going to keep her from getting another network position.  She had a golden opportunity at the View thanks to her father who told her to listen to Whoopi.  She obviously didn't.  In a way she reminds of when Star left after her Bridezilla antics, she didn't have anything high profile after that.  The big difference between MM and Star is Star actually earned her spot at the View.  Also, her audio book should be interesting.  I bet she rips on Joy, Ana and maybe Sara.  She'll play the victim as always.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, ForumLou said:

She knows nothing.  Second point: you may want to double check your copy up above.  I cant circle it but second line.  First two words 'they freaking'.  Now shouldn't there be a word in between?  Like 'are '  ? Or were?  I could be wrong.  Joy, do you want to interject?  Heehee

It is a colloquialism. 

a word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.

"the colloquialisms of the streets"  

• Love 4
On 9/11/2021 at 10:05 AM, Sped14 said:

Her latest job at the Daily Mail is probably the only offer she got.  Her reputation for being difficult on air and not taking direction is likely going to keep her from getting another network position.  

Yeah, even likeminded people might not want to work with her if she's so difficult. I'm not a fan of Sean Hannity, but he's said to be a super nice guy IRL. That has to help as far as getting and keeping a gig. I think Tucker Carlson is one of the most racist and gross people on TV, but supposedly he's not too terrible to work with. Meghan might not be the worst person (I think she's much nicer than Tucker for example), but no one wants to be around someone so combative when there are so many people out they're hungry for the type of work she wants AND who will be grateful and pleasant. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It's easy to be choosy about jobs when you have money.

• Love 15

I guess MeAgain really wants people to know that she was not fired from the View.

MeAgain in People mag, again.

"I felt like I was really happy to do it on my own terms because a lot of people get fired from that show. I was happy that I got to make the decision and be in control of my own life," said McCain, 36. "And, you know, The View was and is incredible and gave me so much. I don't feel anything negative about it. But I also really pride myself in life on knowing when to hold them and when to fold them. Like, I'm such a gambler."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Nor do the viewers of The View miss her and her former cohosts don’t seem to be grieving either.

They seem to be THRIVING ... and it's certainly more intresting and fun to watch.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 19
23 hours ago, RealHousewife said:
23 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

It's easy to be choosy about jobs when you have money.

Yup. I say those who have the luxury of only doing work they're passionate about not ever tell people to pick themselves up by the bootstraps.

And it's not just "money," it's OLD-ish FAMILY MONEY that continues to earn and grow.  A respected Arizona generational business (beer) started it all.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

More of the DM interview. She says people love her and love to hate her and she is cool with that. She also says she doesn't miss the View at all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9999001/Meghan-McCain-reveals-existential-crisis-John-McCain-died-doesnt-miss-View.html

Stop lying Nutmeg! you miss going viral for your outrageous and atrocious behavior.  You are fading into obscurity more and more everyday..

Also, we the viewers don't miss you at all. I am enjoying the view more than ever since you've been gone. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I am enjoying the view more than ever since you've been gone. 

Weirdly the show is even better than it was pre MeAgain. I guess you have to sink to the worst level for things to come back even better.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, bannana said:
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am enjoying the view more than ever since you've been gone. 

Weirdly the show is even better than it was pre MeAgain. I guess you have to sink to the worst level for things to come back even better.

I think Whoopi (the actress) is putting on her best face...just to PROVE to everyone how much better the show is without "her."  Soon she'll be back to her grumpy, disapproving, distracted self.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So she wasn't fired?  How about forced out?  It was either return to NYC or no job.   I think the new management at ABC News knew things weren't going to get better with her so they made her offer she refused.  I think for the sanity of the show's staff on camera and off she had to go.  Also, another annoyance with MM and her giving exclusive interviews to People about motherhood and other stuff.  I though parenting topics bored her.  They don't bore her when she's getting paid by People.  This year is so refreshing.  May MM fade into obscurity. 

• Love 20
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Kind of like the Cali fires of a few years back that have now turned into vivid natural flowers.  They had all kinds of folks wanting selfies in the poppy fields hah.  My tie to the show...we were down.  Were.  Now I'm seeing the light!  Hallelu! (tm DR) a special prayer for the Sequoias now being affected by the fire.those trees are older than dirt themselves.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Stop lying Nutmeg! you miss going viral for your outrageous and atrocious behavior.  You are fading into obscurity more and more everyday..

Also, we the viewers don't miss you at all. I am enjoying the view more than ever since you've been gone. 

I think we are experiencing a Renaissance period. Will maybe hitch to get to the mainland.  Not me, her

I have to leave early. If it goes in my way, i will have the funds to set up for this.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Anybody else watching Y: The Last Man? Amber Tamblyn plays a blonde right wing conservative character that is a more polished, mature version of Meghan. Ironically, she's the daughter of the former president. 

AT apparently modelled her character on MeAgain and MeAgain was apparently flattered.

• LOL 10
19 hours ago, bannana said:
On 9/18/2021 at 10:38 AM, rollacoaster said:

Anybody else watching Y: The Last Man? Amber Tamblyn plays a blonde right wing conservative character that is a more polished, mature version of Meghan. Ironically, she's the daughter of the former president. 

AT apparently modelled her character on MeAgain and MeAgain was apparently flattered.

Heh! Not surprising at all that Meg would be flattered. 

Here's a great article about Amber's thoughts on her character. Love that the Joker was also an influence. She's doing a great job on the show, that she was a version of Meghan was so apparent. Just like Meghan, she set my teeth on edge on sight.

Meghan McCain and The Joker Inspired Amber Tamblyn’s Character in 'Y: The Last Man' (decider.com)

Tamblyn said that McCain was a natural choice, as she views Kimberly’s late father, President Ted Campbell, as a “John McCain type.” The show’s event kills off her father, along with her husband and three sons — and Tamblyn says that the trauma only drives her character further into right-wing politics.

“Kimberly’s entire identity has been built on her relationship to her three sons, to her husband, certainly to her father and his access to power,” Tamblyn said. “She writes a lot about how modern-day feminism in the modern-day world is destroying the lives of our young boys and not allowing them to become who they are meant to be. So the evaporation of your identity on that scale, all of a sudden not having any of those people or that perspective in your life anymore, leaves quite a shell of a woman.”

Edited by rollacoaster
  • Love 1

MeAgain's first Daily Mail column. It reads as though she spent about 10 minutes writing it. She must have had someone else review it, before submitting, right? Maybe not. Cause this sounds just like something that would just fall out of her mouth on a The View segment. She is off to a great start.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10014529/MEGHAN-McCAIN-Joe-Biden-shaping-worse-president-Jimmy-Carter.html

The idea that Jimmy Carter is the worst President is pretty funny when you think about recent history.

And doesn't MeAgain's mother work for the Biden administration?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain's first Daily Mail column. It reads as though she spent about 10 minutes writing it. She must have had someone else review it, before submitting, right? Maybe not. Cause this sounds just like something that would just fall out of her mouth on a The View segment. She is off to a great start.

I actually don't think this sounds like her voice.  Whenever she was on the View she would say stuff like this like it was rehearsed. She would have a statement ready whenever it was her turn to talk. Almost as if someone had wrote her thoughts for her. But when she would be asked to talk off the cuff she would either get flustered because she had no prepared remarks or she would sound like an idiot.  

She is obviously trying to appeal to a certain base.  Will be curious to see if this wins  her any points.  She is not well liked on either side of the aisle.  

4 hours ago, bannana said:

And doesn't MeAgain's mother work for the Biden administration?

Yes she does.  Wonder what the topic will be at the Thanksgiving table this year.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I actually don't think this sounds like her voice.  Whenever she was on the View she would say stuff like this like it was rehearsed. She would have a statement ready whenever it was her turn to talk. Almost as if someone had wrote her thoughts for her. But when she would be asked to talk off the cuff she would either get flustered because she had no prepared remarks or she would sound like an idiot.  

She is obviously trying to appeal to a certain base.  Will be curious to see if this wins  her any points.  She is not well liked on either side of the aisle.  

Yes she does.  Wonder what the topic will be at the Thanksgiving table this year.

She will probably spend it with the Domenech side of the family.  Like minded souls

• Love 3

I did not read the DM column because I don't want to give her more readers.  I did see the reaction on Twitter and it's not good for MM.  Basically, she's ripping President Biden after 7 months on job.  I don't expect her to agree with everything he's doing but she's so nasty.  He was so good to her after her father died.  She shows her true self and it's ugly.  I imagine her mother is not happy with her as it puts her awkward position.  However, her husband probably loves it (and he might have written the column for her). 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Sped14 said:

However, her husband probably loves it (and he might have written the column for her). 

It does not sound like her voice in the article although she is pretty nasty. I believe that he wrote the article or stole it from somebody else because that is what he does. Scranton Joe? What kind of insult is that? Isn't she from Cornville, Arizona although she calls it Sedona? Cornville Meghan she is from here on out. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I looked it up because I thought it could be connected to today's show in some way, with the timing. I didn't read the article since it was unrelated, but I noticed she couldn't even get the one-sentence headline right. There was an error, lol.

(While searching, I also noticed another headline where Mary Trump had called her an idiot recently.)

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

^ Wow. The responses were pretty much what I was thinking before even reading down... A normal person would be wishing their former co-workers well right about now. But I guess she's used to focusing on "winning" an argument at the expense of other people's lives going by the rhetoric she spewed the past two years.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

^ Wow. The responses were pretty much what I was thinking before even reading down... A normal person would be wishing their former co-workers well right about now. But I guess she's used to focusing on "winning" an argument at the expense of other people's lives going by the rhetoric she spewed the past two years.

This article further solidifies what I've thought all along - that MM wasn't invited back this season due to her own toxicity. I can just see her hate-watching every day and at the same time, yearning to be there. She can scream chapter and verse about how she chose to leave, how she's so much happier now, etc. I say the lady doth protest too much.

• Love 14

So MM can't even wish her former coworkers well after this incident?  Garbage human being is right.  This reaction is probably a preview of how her book will be.  She will be settling scores with former coworkers.  I'm sure she'll trash Joy, Ana and Sara.  I also expect to see reports from sources behind the scenes telling of MM's horrible behavior once her books debuts.  As for ripping Whoopi in the book, I'm not sure about that one.  I do think Whoopi is the main reason she's gone this season.  Almost from her return from maternity leave, she was being horrible.  I especially remember her trying her gotcha questions on Rev. Warnock who had been just elected.  I definitely remember the look on Whoopi's face and she looked angry.  It didn't get any better the rest of the season.  All I can say is this season has been great so far even with yesterday's scare. 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Sped14 said:

I'm sure she'll trash Joy, Ana and Sara.  

There's never been any love lost between her and Ana, and I always felt she was jealous of Sara. The disrespectful way she treated Joy always bothered me, and good for Joy for never taking it. So yeah...MM is definitely not missed by the audience, and probably not by the panel!!

• Love 12
17 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I really hate myself for even posting this link, but it sheds a bit more light into what happened during today's show:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eonline.com/amp/news/1303828/meghan-mccain-has-the-shadiest-response-to-the-views-coronavirus-debacle

It's not on her twitter feed now so her agent probably told her to delete it.

MeAgain is going to be on Meet the Press this Sunday! Remember when she first joined ABC they featured her a couple of times but she was so stupid on This Week that she was never invited to pundint on ABC again. Now that she is a free agent, she managed to get herself on NBC but then it's Chuck Todd's show, and he is also an idiot so she will fit right in.

shocked chuck todd GIF by MSNBC

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Sped14 said:

As for ripping Whoopi in the book, I'm not sure about that one.  I do think Whoopi is the main reason she's gone this season. 

That's only fair; Whoopi is probably the main reason she got...and kept the job. Whoopi overlooked a lot and was her greatest (only?) apologist.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Now that she is a free agent, she managed to get herself on NBC but then it's Chuck Todd's show, and he is also an idiot so she will fit right in.

shocked chuck todd GIF by MSNBC

He's such an arrogant Toad. I'm sure she'll fit in swimmingly too.

• Love 3