Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Goodtimes said:

I was wasting time on Twitter yesterday and found this tidbit - Meghan is Ben's 3rd wife. That surprised me! I dove into the Internet and found he marries every 7 years - 2003, 2010 & Meghan in 2017. His first wife's Twitter name is @LibertyRedhead which is interesting as they named their daughter Liberty. 

Woah! I had no idea. Remember when Meghan said conservative men make better husbands? We all know about MyFather as a husband, but Ben being on wife #3 at 35 years old doesn't make him sound all that great either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't wait until this thread dies.

And she becomes just another person occasionally mentioned in the Former Cohost thread?

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And she becomes just another person occasionally mentioned in the Former Cohost thread?

Not even that. Never to be mentioned again. Never to have my eyes assaulted by the daily selfies that find their way to the other threads! .

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

This is a good article re MeAgain's reign of terror and misinformation and racism. I just cannot think of another -- as she calls it -- mainstream media pundint being so offensive and racist and just wrong.

I don't care where she ends up, and I am pretty sure she will never get the media platform she had at The View. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, bannana said:

She says "I pride myself on always taking big risks, rolling the dice, and making unpredictable life and career choices,"

Pretty sure  her career choices were decided by which employer thought the McCain name meant something.  What risk has she ever taken?  And which choices were unpredictable?  Now if she wants to talk about the bad choices she made we can do that all day long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She says "I pride myself on always taking big risks, rolling the dice, and making unpredictable life and career choices,"

Pretty sure  her career choices were decided by which employer thought the McCain name meant something.  What risk has she ever taken?  And which choices were unpredictable?  Now if she wants to talk about the bad choices she made we can do that all day long.

If in fact leaving The View is her own decision and ABC tried to tempt her to stay (which I totally do not believe for one minute but anyway,...) if true then her leaving now is probably the only big risk she's ever taken.  Unless she has something else lined up she may well find that she has lost a nice income and a media career.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I would say leaving FOX's "The Five" to join "The View" was a career risk. She fit in perfectly on the FOX network, with four other conservatives sharing their opinions. A big risk to leave a cushy job like that and jump into a more popular long-time talk show dominated by liberals. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

I would say leaving FOX's "The Five" to join "The View" was a career risk. She fit in perfectly on the FOX network, with four other conservatives sharing their opinions. A big risk to leave a cushy job like that and jump into a more popular long-time talk show dominated by liberals. 

Since her father laid the groundwork for her being asked to join the View it's not a far reach to think she was assured certain things. Meghan has even said as much over the years.  Getting to speak last comes to mind.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

she was on Outnumbered, not The Five 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

A big risk to leave a cushy job like that and jump into a more popular long-time talk show dominated by liberals. 

The View though has almost always had at least one conservative voice at the table.  The risk was small and it gave her the opportunity to get a lot more attention being the only conservative voice on mainstream TV (or however it was she described herself) then she as getting being one of many.  MM I think has always enjoyed the feeling of being a big fish in a small pond even if that was all in her mind.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Right before she came on The View, she hosted a political radio program.  I know because Clay Aiken was a semi-regular and I used to listen to it since I'm a Clay fan.   So I guess she was on Fox at the same time as the radio show?  Or did she jump from Fox to the radio show to The View?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TheView said:

she was on Outnumbered, not The Five 

I thought 'Outnumbered' became 'The Five' ? Then again, I don't keep up with the shows on FOX - I knew she was on a talk show similar to The View (panel of hosts sharing their opinions) and she was probably much more comfortable there then jumping over to 'The View'. 

4 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

The View though has almost always had at least one conservative voice at the table.  

Since Hasslebeck left, the show has had the most passive conservative voices at the table - Candace, Paula, Jed, Nicloe, and now even Ana.  None of them let their conservative opinions be heard, they all cowered under Whoopi and Joy and then ended up agreeing with them and smiling (Candace was the worst of this bunch). I had some hope for Jed, but even she would let Joy and Whoopi walk all over her and never stood her ground the way Hasslebeck and McCain did. Jed would end up laughing everything off when things got heated, instead of standing her ground. 

Only Hasslebeck and MeAgain have been assertive enough to stick by their opinions, and challenge the other hosts. I hope they don't choose another passive RINO. 

5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Since her father laid the groundwork for her being asked to join the View it's not a far reach to think she was assured certain things. Meghan has even said as much over the years.  Getting to speak last comes to mind.  

How did her father lay the groundwork for her being asked to join the show ?

(I've never heard of that before.) 

49 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

How did her father lay the groundwork for her being asked to join the show ?

(I've never heard of that before.) 

He got her the job. Whoopi even admitted that when MeAgain announced she is leaving. But I believe it was also said way back at the beginning when she started.

• Love 9
(edited)
40 minutes ago, bannana said:

He got her the job. Whoopi even admitted that when MeAgain announced she is leaving. But I believe it was also said way back at the beginning when she started.

I missed Whoopi saying that. I'll have to watch it again (it's on my DVR).  I know MeAgain said she sought her father's advice on whether or not she should take the job when they offered it to her in 2017, to which he sais yes - but I don't recall her ever saying that her father got her this job. Interesting. 

I just rewatched, and I missed it because Whoopi never said it.  After McCain explained she asked for his advice on accepting the job, and he told her to do it.

Sounds like after Meghan said yes, McCain was a guest on the show because Whoopi referenced when he was sitting between Whoopi and Sunny, and later said 'take my child, but she'll be a pain in the ass'. 

Whoopi said 'Your dad was very smart. He wanted you to be here with us because I think he thought we could toughen you up for what you were going to have - this wonderful baby and his passing.'

Nothing was ever said he got her this job. Nothing at all. 

Edited by tableau vivant
25 minutes ago, TheView said:

What do you think they're gonna do for Meghan's goodbye show? 

I hope it's lame, the co-hosts don't bother to try to pretend they'll miss her, and the obligatory "The way we were" montage is pre-empted by President Biden announcing an across the aisle partnership focusing on healthcare and infrastructure concerns.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, TheView said:

I hope it’s preempted by some wonderful happy news somewhere, anywhere. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, TheView said:

Maybe they'll show one of those clip reels that are on the internet -  of Meghan saying "My Father"

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

I missed Whoopi saying that. I'll have to watch it again (it's on my DVR).  I know MeAgain said she sought her father's advice on whether or not she should take the job when they offered it to her in 2017, to which he sais yes - but I don't recall her ever saying that her father got her this job. Interesting. 

I just rewatched, and I missed it because Whoopi never said it.  After McCain explained she asked for his advice on accepting the job, and he told her to do it.

Sounds like after Meghan said yes, McCain was a guest on the show because Whoopi referenced when he was sitting between Whoopi and Sunny, and later said 'take my child, but she'll be a pain in the ass'. 

Whoopi said 'Your dad was very smart. He wanted you to be here with us because I think he thought we could toughen you up for what you were going to have - this wonderful baby and his passing.'

Nothing was ever said he got her this job. Nothing at all. 

That is the way I understood it, but I am also recalling it being discussed on the show when she first joined the show. She didn't want to do it and he encouraged her to do it. And it was mentioned that he spoke directly to Whoopi about it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

That is the way I understood it, but I am also recalling it being discussed on the show when she first joined the show. She didn't want to do it and he encouraged her to do it. And it was mentioned that he spoke directly to Whoopi about it.

Yes, they keep mentioning her father but again, I believe it was when he was a guest on the show sitting between Whoopi and Sunny after she said yes to the job - and he asked them to toughen her up.

Believe me, if he had anything at all to do with her actually being offered the job on the show, or 'getting her the job' as some are mistakenly claiming, she wouldn't be keeping it to herself. She would've bragged about this for the past four years. 

12 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Yes, they keep mentioning her father but again, I believe it was when he was a guest on the show sitting between Whoopi and Sunny after she said yes to the job - and he asked them to toughen her up.

Believe me, if he had anything at all to do with her actually being offered the job on the show, or 'getting her the job' as some are mistakenly claiming, she wouldn't be keeping it to herself. She would've bragged about this for the past four years. 

I don't think Meghan would have bragged about that.  She genuinely believes everything she has achieved in life she has achieved all on her own.    Her father asked Whoopi to convince her to join the show.  If he hadn't done that we would have been spared seeing her on our TV screens for the past four years.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't think Meghan would have bragged about that.  She genuinely believes everything she has achieved in life she has achieved all on her own.    Her father asked Whoopi to convince her to join the show.  If he hadn't done that we would have been spared seeing her on our TV screens for the past four years.

Again, I'm not seeing anywhere where John McCain asked Whoopi to convince her to join the show .  They all agreed he asked Whoopi and Sunny to 'help toughen her up' for what lied ahead once she accepted the job - and what lied ahead was his impending death , her starting a family, and what else is on the horizon. Unless I'm missing something in past commentary and interviews - I'm not finding anything where it was stated her father was instrumental on her joining the show. Especially not in her announcement the other day where other forum members told me 'she said it' then. Never happened. 

I just think of Whoopi, who tried so hard to coddle Meghan only to have her turn on her, as well was behind pushing the brat out. You could see that Whoopi was getting more and more fed up with Meg. Then Meghan had the audacity to snap at Whoopi “And YOU can just be how YOU always are!” that day, with her neck rolling with all the attitude in the world. It was so disrespectful and Whoopi holds a lot of power here still. After that, there were some fluffy days then Whoopi doesn’t come in for a over week with sciatica (from home) then Meghan announces she’s leaving. Must have been a hell of a meeting! That’s my version anyway lol. Whatever it really was though, good riddance! 

• Love 16
On 7/9/2021 at 9:56 PM, maggiemae said:

I think nothing...they were not even interested in giving her a maternity leave gift show. 

Remember when Ana Navarro got married and invited the whole crew except for Meghan? Joy and Sunny saying how much fun it was and all the celebrities that showed: Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin, etc. Meghan squirmed during those comments, she was so ticked off.  I always remember Ana worked on McCain's earlier campaign, so I'm sure she knows all about Megs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Goodtimes said:

Remember when Ana Navarro got married and invited the whole crew except for Meghan? Joy and Sunny saying how much fun it was and all the celebrities that showed: Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin, etc. Meghan squirmed during those comments, she was so ticked off.  I always remember Ana worked on McCain's earlier campaign, so I'm sure she knows all about Megs. 

Meghan can't have it both ways. If you're nasty to people, don't expect friendship and good times with them. 

• Love 15

Wendy Williams ran into Joy Behar in the Hamptons and revealed that they talked about Meghans departure a little. Apparently Joy let her know that they'll have a hard time replacing Meghan. Take that for what you will.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Wendy Williams ran into Joy Behar in the Hamptons and revealed that they talked about Meghans departure a little. Apparently Joy let her know that they'll have a hard time replacing Meghan. Take that for what you will.

I take it as Joy knowing what a gossipy misinformationist Wendy is and LIED to her.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm sure that's absolutely true on several levels.  There are a whole lot of boxes to check and finding someone who fits most of the requirements will not be easy.  Think about what the producers thought they were getting with Meghan:

• Recognizable name
  • Wants to be on this show
  • Can hold her own against Whoopie, Joy, and Sunny (and Ana) without melting down
  • Articulate
  • Young and attractive
  • Pleasant personality, won't alienate the audience
  • Will keep The View in the headlines
  • Willing to move to NYC.

Meghan has probably held the "republican" seat for longer than anybody.  Finding another who won't bail after a year will not be easy.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Really? What about Hasselblech?

And I think it's likely Hasselbeck will be better remembered than Meghan McCain will be. The splitscreen with Rosie O'Donnell is probably the main reason, but MM will always be "John McCain's daughter" to most people.

I think Joy did say that to Wendy because Wendy probably asked about the drama. Honestly, what else would anyone have expected Joy to say? Joy's classier than to give an honest answer to someone who will turn around and repeat whatever she said on TV. ABC clearly wants McCain to have a graceful exit (shocker considering how much they coddled her while she was on this show). Joy is not going to go against ABC. She can give her true thoughts on McCain a few years from now, when either ABC doesn't care anymore or she's retired and she doesn't have to care what ABC cares about anymore.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She can give her true thoughts on McCain a few years from now, when either ABC doesn't care anymore or she's retired and she doesn't have to care what ABC cares about anymore.

I'm waiting for the book I hope Joy writes.  She knows where all the bodies are buried at the View.

• Love 12
(edited)
49 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think Joy did say that to Wendy because Wendy probably asked about the drama. Honestly, what else would anyone have expected Joy to say? Joy's classier than to give an honest answer to someone who will turn around and repeat whatever she said on TV.

And what Joy said can be taken several different ways.  MM will be hard to replace - people say such things about beloved colleagues, but also about unprofessional ranters, the likes of which we hope to never see again.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8