Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No ifs about it since she announced it today that she was leaving.

Yeah, she reposted a story about it on her Instagram… but like… this is the moment I’ve been waiting for and it won’t feel real until it ACTUALLY happens - for me, anyway. 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Remember her appearance on The Daily Show in 2016? She won over Trevor Noah's audience. Maybe without Meghan, she can get more of her conservative views heard.

I haven't seen that, but I saw Ana on Bill Maher years ago and yikes . . .

Still an upgrade from Meghan! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So have I. That's why I laugh when people act like she's not conservative enough to be the conservative on this show. The fact that she's a NeverTrumper and despises Meghan as much as the other ladies is probably a big reason why she always presented a united front against Meghan, especially when princess would defend the Trumpier aspects.

That said, I wouldn't care if they ended up hiring some other random Foxbot instead of Ana. At least McCain is done.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So have I. That's why I laugh when people act like she's not conservative enough to be the conservative on this show. The fact that she's a NeverTrumper and despises Meghan as much as the other ladies is probably a big reason why she always presented a united front against Meghan, especially when princess would defend the Trumpier aspects.

That said, I wouldn't care if they ended up hiring some other random Foxbot instead of Ana. At least McCain is done.

Haha, oh she most definitely is! I think you know who offended her personally. I don't think it was all policy with Ana. 

Me neither. Ana, random Foxbot, someone from YouTube, anyone has to be an upgrade. Even though I don't love Ana the way a lot of people here do, I respect that she's a nice person and can be humorous. That alone is a huge upgrade from Meghan. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who cares?

No ifs about it since she announced it today that she was leaving.

I actually care because this isn't as if she became difficult recently...she's been a pain since her 1st day.  So I'm wondering what finally did it.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Well, Meghan can go to hell, because that dress Jill Biden wore for the Vogue cover?  I would buy that in a second.  

Plus i think she was making a point.  Dr Biden is Everywoman.  She relates to everyone, and everyone relates to her. She doesn't need extravagance with insults running down her back.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

I can see Ana on a bit more often, but I think she is so firmly tied to Miami that she wouldn't go to NYC to be a full-time cast member. Agreed that it would be great, but I don't see it happening.

I think it would be great, too.  I wish Ana would work out a deal where she could appear on the show Monday through Thursday, i.e., fly to NYC on Sunday evening and fly back to Florida on Thursday afternoon.  They could get someone else for Fridays to make it a shorter work week for Ana.  (It would be tiring, but possible--Alan Alda flew cross-country each week for years while he was doing MASH.)  This way, Ana could continue to live in Florida part time.  It most likely won't happen, but if they want Ana, it's a possibility.  That being said, they probably will go with an ultra-conservative to balance out the table.

• Love 2
(edited)

TMZ says the reason Meghan is leaving is not because of location/family:

Meghan McCain's Leaving 'The View,' After Constant Fights With Cohosts

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/01/meghan-mccain-leaving-the-view/

Meghan McCain is leaving "The View," and the reason why is absolutely because of a series of nasty back-and-forths with her cohosts ... TMZ has confirmed.

Sources tell TMZ ... Meghan felt it was too hard for her being the only conservative voice on the show and it had become too challenging, as she felt she was getting ganged up on every day.

The news comes a little over a month after Meghan and Joy Behar's last major on-air blowup -- the one that prompted ABC News President Kim Godwin to step in and call a last-minute meeting demanding all of the 'View' cohosts chill with personal attacks.

Our sources at the time also said ABC was getting flooded with pleas to fire Meghan over her latest tantrum and attacks on Joy ... which is what sparked the virtual meeting.

We were also told Godwin told the staff their personal attacks are coming off as toxic to the audience. The issue, we were told, weren't the debates ... but the attacks between the cohosts.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan felt it was too hard for her being the only conservative voice on the show and it had become too challenging, as she felt she was getting ganged up on every day.

She needs to get out more.  If she genuinely believes what she has experienced is "ganging up" then clearly she spends most of her time in a very special bubble.  I' used to see more real political arguments over dinner at my grandparents house (3 uncles all with different politics) then I ever saw on The View.  Where MM did most of the talking I might add!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think it would be great, too.  I wish Ana would work out a deal where she could appear on the show Monday through Thursday, i.e., fly to NYC on Sunday evening and fly back to Florida on Thursday afternoon.  They could get someone else for Fridays to make it a shorter work week for Ana.  (It would be tiring, but possible--Alan Alda flew cross-country each week for years while he was doing MASH.)  This way, Ana could continue to live in Florida part time.  It most likely won't happen, but if they want Ana, it's a possibility.  That being said, they probably will go with an ultra-conservative to balance out the table.

I could see Ana doing two-three days a week and another (new?) conservative host doing the other days. Maybe the new person could take on more days in the week whenever Ana's extra busy, too. :)  Heck, I'd love if either Paula or Abby came back (although I think pigs will fly before Whoopi would allow Paula to come back). Both were always respectful and friendly despite disagreeing with the others on just about everything. Even if they brought someone like Elisabeth back--not a fan at all--she'd still be an upgrade from the past four years. At least they would argue about the topics and not make it personal like McCain did with everyone.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Sources tell TMZ ... Meghan felt it was too hard for her being the only conservative voice on the show and it had become too challenging, as she felt she was getting ganged up on every day.

Ganged up on?  

No - what got Meghan fired was being rude to the other hosts.  remember she griped at Whoopi for cutting her off?  and the time she interrupted Whoopi, and WOULD NOT STOP?  that's what got her fired.  she was being entitled, obnoxious and petty. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I'd love for Paula to return. I only ever remember her being polite. 

The only thing I remember about Paula is her lifelong dream of opening a pregnancy crisis center so she could trick women into not getting abortions. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Ganged up on?  

No - what got Meghan fired was being rude to the other hosts.  remember she griped at Whoopi for cutting her off?  and the time she interrupted Whoopi, and WOULD NOT STOP?  that's what got her fired.  she was being entitled, obnoxious and petty. 

Yep, Meghan was actually coddled. 

5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

The only thing I remember about Paula is her lifelong dream of opening a pregnancy crisis center so she could trick women into not getting abortions. 

Woah! I don’t remember that. 

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ana's interview with Trevor Noah is up on YouTube. It's pretty easy to find. 

I too would love to see more of Ana, and I think we will. She gets her points across much more concisely than Meghan and doesn't throw temper tantrums, which is always a plus.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Just saw a video of her criticizing what Jill Biden is wearing on the cover of Vogue...while wearing a godawful striped dress and a clashing princess headband. Apparently, that was her "celebrating pride month" ensemble. Then she admitted that she doesn't know that much about fashion. Yes, we can tell.

OMG, Jill Biden looks lovely on the cover. (Suck it Melania!) Meghan has no room to criticize anyone's fashion sense. Very little, if anything, she wears is flattering. That goes for hair and makeup, too. Of course, the ugly inside seeps out and taints everything anyway.

• Love 14

You can post your general thoughts about a possible replacement for Meghan in this topic or more specific thoughts in the Future Co-Hosts topic.

There may be rumors about a political replacement, which are fine to discuss, but remember to keep your own political opinions and political speculation to yourself. 

12 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Remember her appearance on The Daily Show in 2016? She won over Trevor Noah's audience. Maybe without Meghan, she can get more of her conservative views heard.

No, I don't really follow her. I just see her on this show each week, and have caught her on CNN from time to time. I like her on CNN much more than here - she seems a different person. 

Sara with good reason looked almost giddy in her reaction during the first segment of the show yesterday where MM announced she was finally taking off on her broomstick after this season. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Sara with good reason looked almost giddy in her reaction during the first segment of the show yesterday where MM announced she was finally taking off on her broomstick after this season. 

I loved Joy's not amused not cracking a smile face when they were talking about Meghan's dad wanting the View to hire her.

• Love 7

I’m not a regular viewer of the show, but in my observation of MM, she seems to be tortured from within.  Some people thrive on conflict and verbal sparing.  I don’t mean the normal stuff you see on a tv show like the View, The Talk,  Housewives, etc., but real discord within.  I’m not sure what the actual cause is for her disposition, but it must be painful.  I doubt leaving the View will help her.  You know the saying, “Wherever you go, there you are.”   Now The View will find some peace, but I doubt MM will.

• Love 15

A5CC00BE-CD48-4D19-9161-641ADABD0D60.thumb.jpeg.c24fd853f4f58c18ff52d4d755e94a87.jpeg“I am gonna miss those hair catastrophes, I mean seriously.”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sir, they will live on forever because the internet never forgets. 😂😂😂

8e9914c73704398abdba3bbaf746d5472f-meghameghanmccain-theview-memes.jpg

And there’s PLENTY more where that came from 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not a regular viewer of the show, but in my observation of MM, she seems to be tortured from within.  Some people thrive on conflict and verbal sparing.  I don’t mean the normal stuff you see on a tv show like the View, The Talk,  Housewives, etc., but real discord within.  I’m not sure what the actual cause is for her disposition, but it must be painful.  I doubt leaving the View will help her.  You know the saying, “Wherever you go, there you are.”   Now The View will find some peace, but I doubt MM will.

I agree.  I think when her "side"  lost the election, it crushed her.  She had been preaching about how "the left"  needed to pay attention to middle America, or the rust belt, or the midwest, or whatever term she wanted to use to denote trumpers.  She was condescending to anyone who presented another viewpoint, because she was so invested in the election going her way.  when it didn't, it was like PTSD from when a previous election didn't go her way.  She doesn't like losing!   

All of that, added to the stress of new motherhood, and never completely resolving her dad's death, she has been a very unhappy person.  Yes she was a miserable bitch before this, but over the past 6 months, she's turned really nasty.  Her time at The View came to a screeching halt the day she interrupted whoopi and would NOT back down.  She used to just mutter her displeasure, but this time she was in full tantrum mode.  there were probably 3 times recently when Whoopi was PISSED at her, and that last time, I think was the final straw.  Meghan looked and sounded like someone in crisis. That was not normal behavior.  In any other workplace, she would be directed to the EAP for help.   she needs therapy and meds to address her mood disorder.  

(takes off therapist hat)  

• Love 15
(edited)

Omg... the replies to this tweet are killing me 🤣🤣🤣

And is this person a member on this forum? Because we've been saying this for YEARS lol!

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 6
  • Love 17

Another story appeared on my newsfeed headlined "Meghan McCain was reportedly miserable at The View".  Really?  She certainly did behave miserably and I would not be surprised to learn she is a deeply unhappy person but IMO anyway the people at The View bent over backwards to accomodate her prima donna attitude for far too long.

• Love 16

This article covers reactions to the news.

https://toofab.com/2021/07/02/hollywood-reacts-to-meghan-mccains-exiting-the-view/

MeAgain's buddy comes right out and implies that MeAgain was pushed out by Joy!

I just saw video of @JoyVBehar making faces while @MeghanMcCain was gracefully explaining why it was time for her to leave @TheView. I think we all know why Meghan is leaving, and Joy is one of the reasons. Good luck to the next woman entering the lion’s den. You’ll need it.

Another funny one:

https://atlantablackstar.com/2021/07/02/i-know-whoopi-happy-meghan-mccains-announcement-that-shes-leaving-the-view-after-four-seasons-met-with-enthusiasm/

• Love 2

Once she's gone, who is going to invoke thy sacred name of John McCain each day ? Will they just start each show off gathered at the table with heads bowed, and say a prayer to John McCain ? 

I can see Whoopi now, starting the show off each day.

"Hello, hello, hello and welcome to the View. Before we get started, we'd like to bow heads and say a little prayer to bless this nation..."

All hold hands with heads bowed....

"Meghan's Father,

Who Art in Heaven,

Hallow be John's name..

His Republicans come

Trump Republicans be done..

In Washington

And throughout America." 

• LOL 9

#MeghanMcCainIsTheTypeOfPerson

is a hash tag someone started on Twitter and the posts are hilarious.

Here's one example:

"#MeghanMcCainIsTheTypeOfPerson who thinks we believe that all those “friends” she’s always talking to — who support whatever talking point she’s spewing on any given day — are real, and not just in her head. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

There have been a lot of funny articles out there, but this one's probably the most accurate write-up of her time on The View I've read:

It’s not McCain’s fault that daytime television viewers love to see a fight. The genre is essentially dedicated to raucous rivalry. But what is McCain’s fault is the Jerry Springer-esque flavor she brought to The View, a historically more tempered, but still lively long-running talk show. McCain loved to push the conservative agenda she was put on the show to “represent” (read: ruffle feathers with for ratings) so much that it’s rumored that she chased former fellow conservative co-host, Abby Huntsman, off of the show. CNN stoked the rumor mill, spreading that McCain bullied Huntsman for talking about her children after McCain shared her personal upset of a miscarriage on the show. Enter motherhood, the never not dominating dominion of conservative women. Sorry not sorry, but I don’t want to hear about how much McCain hates “cancel culture” when she’s out here cancelling her own allies simply for existing with children.

While it’s unsurprising that Meghan McCain was put on The View by show runners eager to tap into an ever-polarizing America, there is a lack of culpability for the McCain Machine they created. While on The View, she was able to do what conservatives spent the Trump years doing, while having the upper, aggressive hand the whole time: victimize themselves. Co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin held McCain’s feet to the conservative fire she spewed, as she accused them of things like supporting infanticide, but McCain always seemed to retreat and act as though she was the one who was attacked.

It’s fair to have a daytime talk space where people with different views can come to agree to disagree. But Meghan McCain added the kind of discourse that became prominent over the last administration, the kind where everyone is attacking the conservative, and they’re just trying to live in this world that ostracizes them so heavily. It’s hard to stomach such a manipulative view of the truth from members of the party that routinely disenfranchises voters of color, removes rights from and demoralizes queer people, and continues a war on reproductive rights.

Read the full thing here: https://www.mic.com/p/meghan-mccain-is-leaving-the-view-thank-god-82367590

• Love 10
3 hours ago, bannana said:

#MeghanMcCainIsTheTypeOfPerson

is a hash tag someone started on Twitter and the posts are hilarious.

Here's another one:

#MeghanMcCainIsTheTypeOfPerson when visiting a patient in the hospital, would unplug their life support machine to charge her phone.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm surprised the show is going on vacation next week, when they only have a few weeks left of the season and then they're off the month of August and (usually) first week of September. I don't think they've ever done it this way before - they're usually off for the holiday weekend, but never the whole week in July. 

I wonder if Sara will announce her leaving when they get back ? I'm certain she will blame it on her hosting the game show and 'wanting to spend more time with her family'. 

Edited by tableau vivant
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

I'm surprised the show is going on vacation next week, when they only have a few weeks left of the season and then they're off the month of August and (usually) first week of September. I don't think they've ever done it this way before - they're usually off for the holiday weekend, but never the whole week in July. 

I don't know how long they have done it but the had the first week off of July in 2020 and 2019.

4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They need a break before enduring that last 3 weeks with MeAgain, who probably wants to go out with a bang.

Do you think she’ll make it that long?  I predict some event she uses as an excuse to be gone immediately.  

22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you think she’ll make it that long?  I predict some event she uses as an excuse to be gone immediately.  

Yep i can see that too.  I thought it might even be this holiday.  I do have to say there is something special about being in DC on a patriotic holiday.so i was thinking this might be the one.  Until i remembered the remote factor.  What's she gotta move from one room to the other? I just pray she follows thru and leaves as promised.