Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Don't toy with me universe!  I want my show back.  I've already been watching super selectively and when I do watch when she's on I have the mute button ready at all times!  Please let this be true.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

When a host and a network sign a contract, it's usually for a long period of time - with 'escape clauses' in the contract for either side to end the contract and move on. Whoopi's 'one year contract' could very well be an extensive contract, with a clause which gives Whoopi the chance to leave without penalty at the end of every season (that would be her agent and lawyer negotiating this for her). Whoopi can negotiate this in her contract since she's been there for nearly 15 years - she's earned it. I'm sure Joy has something similar. 

As for MeAgain, I'm sure she did the standard seven year contract, and now they are at the mid-point ('escape clause') where she can decide to leave, or ABC can terminate  - according to her contract. I doubt very much that ABC wants to get rid of her or anyone else on the show with the show maintaining the "#1 daytime talk show status" all season long. It's a cash-cow for ABC. I think it's her decision - she will say to stay home with Liberty, but I'm sure she has her eye on a much bigger prize in the next few years. 

I agree with you on the outs/escape clauses, but are 7 year contracts the standard in daytime talk?

It's very different from a fictional drama, where the show needs to know they have the lead to continue the story. 

The View and most current daytime talk shows are different from one-person shows, too. A network would need Oprah, to continue the Oprah Winfrey show, or Ellen DeGeneres to continue her show (I realize it's ending, I'm referring to the big picture), or Stephen Colbert, or what have you.

If a show like The View, The Talk, or GMA 3 loses a host, they can just pop in a new one. I'm not certain their contracts are 7 years, because the fate of the show doesn't depend on one person the same way.

As much as she might have wanted it to be, The View wasn't and isn't The Meghan McCain Show.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

That may be true but Meghan has drawn nothing but negative attention.   I think ABC decided she just wasn't worth it.

We will see how she speaks of the network and the show after she leaves.  And where she lands.

Negative attention or positive attention - doesn't matter. She's bringing attention to the show, which brings in viewers, which brings in ratings, which brings in $$$$$$$$.  And the $$$$$$ is all that ABC cares about. 

• Love 2

You have the right to your opinion, but I don't buy that argument. There were clearly ratings losses the past two months, dramatic ones timed with the Jon Oliver callout of her as well as her Fauci misinformation. ABC probably knew what we did, that the show has been on the air for 20 years and one conservative co-host can easily be replaced by another.

• Love 18
Just now, General Days said:

I agree with you on the outs/escape clauses, but are 7 year contracts the standard in daytime talk?

It's very different from a fictional drama, where the show needs to know they have the lead to continue the story. 

The View and most current daytime talk shows are different from one-person shows, too. A network would need Oprah, to continue the Oprah Winfrey show, or Ellen DeGeneres to continue her show (I realize it's ending, I'm referring to the big picture), or Stephen Colbert, or what have you.

If a show like The View, The Talk, or GMA 3 loses a host, they can just pop in a new one. I'm not certain their contracts are 7 years, because the fate of the show doesn't depend on one person the same way.

As much as she might have wanted it to be, The View wasn't and isn't The Meghan McCain Show.

Yes. A network spends a lot of time and money finding the right talent. It's not a spur of the moment decision - they invest a lot of money and time behind the scenes before they make the choice - and in MM's case, I think they had to negotiate her away from FOX. They want a return on the investment - and 7 years is the return. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There were clearly ratings losses the past two months, dramatic ones timed with the Jon Oliver callout of her as well as her Fauci misinformation.

If the reason that ABC is getting rid of her, or letting her go, is because she was a constant spreader of disinformation I wish JUST ONCE that they (not the other hosts, ABC) had addressed that on the show.  Come right out with a big loud disclaimer that she was peddling crap and not to believe her.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

You have the right to your opinion, but I don't buy that argument. There were clearly ratings losses the past two months, dramatic ones timed with the Jon Oliver callout of her as well as her Fauci misinformation. ABC probably knew what we did, that the show has been on the air for 20 years and one conservative co-host can easily be replaced by another.

And I don't think the ratings dropped when she was out on maternity leave.

I personally don't think Meghan caused any new viewers to tune in but I'm willing to bet she caused a lot of viewers to tune out. Just on this board alone how many times have we  heard posters say they stopped watching because of Meghan?

• Love 20

Moreover, I will die on the hill that the ratings have nothing to do with her and never did. They have been consistently rising every year since 2015, when Joy returned to the show and they had a fairly stable lineup again.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Agreed. The show has become something of a laughingstock lately, and thats all about Meghan. She's a crankypants with stupid hair.

Plus, recently she made disparaging comments about Victoria's secret and Vogue, and has slammed other ABC shows. AND she picked a fight with Whoopi.  

Maybe whoopi laid down the law with a version of, "either she goes or I do."

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

And I don't think the ratings dropped when she was out on maternity leave.

I believe the show had its highest ratings ever when she was off on maternity leave. Of course, people were still quarantined and the election happened at the same time. Still, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Along with everything else, her daily desecration of the English language is brutal and I'm glad we won't have to hear it anymore. Happy days are here again!!! 🥳🎉🎊

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Moreover, I will die on the hill that the ratings have nothing to do with her and never did. They have been consistently rising every year since 2015, when Joy returned to the show and they had a fairly stable lineup again.

2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Agreed. The show has become something of a laughingstock lately, and thats all about Meghan. She's a crankypants with stupid hair.

Plus, recently she made disparaging comments about Victoria's secret and Vogue, and has slammed other ABC shows. AND she picked a fight with Whoopi.  

Maybe whoopi laid down the law with a version of, "either she goes or I do."

I suspect, but don't know, that when they want to get rid of someone, they start calling them out (more) on their bullshit (bullshit they previously shrugged off). I wonder if Meghan heard more about her disinformation and tantrums later, and if that didn't contribute to this decision.

That's what I was afraid was going to happen to Joy, but @TheGreenKnight, you didn't think it would. I am so thrilled you were right, and I was wrong, and that we got this lovely bonus.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I will join  you on that  hill.  I think the ratings also increased because there was a lot more political news to talk about from 2015 till now.  I don't think Meghan had anything to do with it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Plus, it's not an insignificant thing that there were no major Daytime Emmy nominations this year.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, General Days said:

On Twitter, someone posted a version of "Brand New Day" from The Wiz.

Sometimes Twitter really gets it right.

I'm rooting for Tara Setmayer as replacement, but that probably won't happen.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

Variety's story claims she went to ABC and asked to be released because she dosen't want to move back to NYC and plans to stay in DC🤷🏾‍♀️.

Crap. I want the bitch out of my town. Just leave, already, go back to Arizona. How long was she here, anyway? A few months? PFFT.

Well, at least I'll be able to watch The View again. Bring on Ana!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

Variety's story claims she went to ABC and asked to be released because she dosen't want to move back to NYC and plans to stay in DC🤷🏾‍♀️.

That's pretty much what Meghan said, too. I suspect it's true enough, whether or not it is the whole story. They like their life in DC. They have family around. She has the baby now, so she doesn't want to commute to New York.

God bless you, Liberty Sage. You're a blessing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

This echos Hasslebeck's exit to a "T". All the boxes are checked off:

On air fights, guests getting unnecessarily verbally abused, sponsors and corporations getting beat down. Constant fighting and negativity. The poor victim card. The leaving to take care of the family BS (is Megs now the new chief breakfast officer of her family-LOL).

NO way this was her choice, no one leaves in the middle of a million dollar contract.

She was being kicked out end of story. The network weighed the negative attention from this idiot and the ratings and the possible loss of guests and sponsors.

They gave her a choice; get paid out fully and STFU and walk out with grace or get fired for a litany of reasons and her name gets dragged. Money talks and thankfully this idiot walks.

There will be another sparks maker. This show is too crappy not to have another idiot yell and scream and pick fights with the other hosts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ms Lark said:

Crap. I want the bitch out of my town. Just leave, already, go back to Arizona. How long was she here, anyway? A few months? PFFT.

Well, at least I'll be able to watch The View again. Bring on Ana!

If you watched her first if  not many to come,   good byes, she said she grew up in DC, then quickly added partly grew up. Remember Meghan claims many parts of this country as her own. The midwest a border state ,a her New York neighbor hood that was destroyed during a protest( until her neighbor tweeted everything was fine 😁)Now DC . I wonder why she's never claimed LA?

I added this because it's just funny and shows how ridiculous Meghan is.

"Meghan McCain Responded After Her Neighbor Called Her Out For Making False Claims About The Black Lives Matter Protests In New York" https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/terrycarter/meghan-mccain-admitted-she-wasnt-in-new-york-protests

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 4

There are new bigwigs at the network and the guy who supposedly loved Meghan is no longer there as of a few months ago.  Maybe she lost the protective shield she had and could no longer get away with stuff.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

There are new bigwigs at the network and the guy who supposedly loved Meghan is no longer there as of a few months ago.  Maybe she lost the protective shield she had and could no longer get away with stuff.  

I think some of us predicted this.  She lost two network supporters.

I will always believe she was asked to leave.  It was one thing when the previous administration was in the White House but there is a different tone now and Meghan's brand of obnoxious partisanship just isn't cutting it anymore.

It will be so nice to have the women talk about topics that weren't discussed because Meghan was there.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I think some of us predicted this.  She lost two network supporters.

I will always believe she was asked to leave.  It was one thing when the previous administration was in the White House but there is a different tone now and Meghan's brand of obnoxious partisanship just isn't cutting it anymore.

It will be so nice to have the women talk about topics that weren't discussed because Meghan was there.

Just saw a video of her criticizing what Jill Biden is wearing on the cover of Vogue...while wearing a godawful striped dress and a clashing princess headband. Apparently, that was her "celebrating pride month" ensemble. Then she admitted that she doesn't know that much about fashion. Yes, we can tell.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Just saw a video of her criticizing what Jill Biden is wearing on the cover of Vogue...while wearing a godawful striped dress and a clashing princess headband. Apparently, that was her "celebrating pride month" ensemble. Then she admitted that she doesn't know that much about fashion. Yes, we can tell.

Well, Meghan can go to hell, because that dress Jill Biden wore for the Vogue cover?  I would buy that in a second.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm surprised that MeAgain did not mention that this was the first time she's worn that jacket since MyFather's funeral.

She said Executive Producer (MyProducer?) "Brian Teta is Morpheus" (the God of Dreams) - I hope her flattery does not mean that every day will be The MeAgain McCain Show until she's gone.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
(edited)

Remember how we used to call Meghan "Elsa" a lot in this forum, because she fancied herself an ice princess?

Welp.

Edited to add, these storms aren't funny, but the coincidence is.

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

First, Virginia is NOT DC. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a trifecta of the MD/DC/VA. But Virginia, is NOT IN DC!

5 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Negative attention or positive attention - doesn't matter. She's bringing attention to the show, which brings in viewers, which brings in ratings, which brings in $$$$$$$$.  And the $$$$$$ is all that ABC cares about. 

And this is the same thing you used when saying that ABC wouldn't get rid of her. Because she brought in ratings which I disagree with). And yet, they finally bought a clue, it was hammered to them, and they finally did it.

She has utterly failed every time she was on other ABC news shows. So I don't understand the narrative that ABC won't get rid of her. She's out of this show. She's gone. And Good Fucking Riddance.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, General Days said:

7 year contracts used to be the standard in scripted shows but now it's become 3 years. I would expect something similar for daytime.

However a contract means that the actor/talent is locked to the show for that length of time; the show can drop her/him/them any time they want.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

It was one thing when the previous administration was in the White House but there is a different tone now and Meghan's brand of obnoxious partisanship just isn't cutting it anymore.

BINGO!!!! You hit the nail right on the head.

• Love 9
(edited)

The midwest a border state (where she went to school 9 months a year until college & MyFather spent his August breaks, so she did not "live" in DC as a kid; she may have visited on Easter vacations), her New York neighborhood that was destroyed during a protest (until her neighbor tweeted everything was fine 😁 (and MeAgain implied she was living in her NYC apt and very scared by the protests when she'd already skipped town). Now DC (actually Virginia or "in the beltway" as MeAgain likes to call it). I wonder why she's never claimed LA? The first year or so on The View she name-dropped a lot of her "friends" in LA. Either they asked her to stop or MeAgain no longer wanted to align herself with any liberals and pro-choicers.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I haven’t watched the show in months now. Just couldn’t take her anymore. I’ve already got a lot going on in my personal/professional life and watching her roll her eyes, make faces, spread lies, constantly disrespect her co-workers ect. day after day was raising my blood pressure lol. Like seriously, my mood would go to shit and it just wasn’t healthy. I know this is a talk show and we’re not gonna agree with everyone on the panel all the time, but Meghan’s attitude is what made one of my favorite shows unwatchable. I ultimately had to tune out. 

I’ll be back when/if she officially leaves the show.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Wonder what was the final straw for Princess leaving or being fired?

Who cares?

27 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I haven’t watched the show in months now. Just couldn’t take her anymore. I’ve already got a lot going on in my personal/professional life and watching her roll her eyes, make faces, spread lies, constantly disrespect her co-workers ect. day after day was raising my blood pressure lol. Like seriously, my mood would go to shit and it just wasn’t healthy. I know this is a talk show and we’re not gonna agree with everyone on the panel all the time, but Meghan’s attitude is what made one of my favorite shows unwatchable. I ultimately had to tune out. 

I’ll be back when/if she officially leaves the show.

No ifs about it since she announced it today that she was leaving.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

That latest selfie looks really harsh.  It may be the lighting with all the tv makeup but she looks like Gloria Swanson.

I think Meghan is naturally very pretty. But she often wears garish makeup that is too harsh for her pale skin and coloring. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

On top of that, the racist woman, Fedida, who hired her and protected her, was fired last Fall.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, KLJ said:

What are the chances that Ana will take her place?  I severely limited my watching the past year because I just couldn't take Meghan anymore and would definitely watch if Ana was full-time.

I would love it if Ana did but I dont see it happening since I dont think she's interested living in NYC full time. 

Meghan won't be missed. The best thing about her was her love of Bravo and that was about all. Sure I enjoy the drama when she makes WHoopi or Joy go off but I wont miss the brattiness. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The ratings you refer to over the past two months were in comparison to last year at this time, during a pandemic when everyone was locked in their homes. EVERY talk show has dropped in ratings - expectedly - compared to last year at this time. Still the show is #1. 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And this is the same thing you used when saying that ABC wouldn't get rid of her. Because she brought in ratings which I disagree with). And yet, they finally bought a clue, it was hammered to them, and they finally did it.

Where do you have proof that ABC fired her ? You're speculating. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

However a contract means that the actor/talent is locked to the show for that length of time; the show can drop her/him/them any time they want.

Not at all - it depends what the talent's agent has negotiated on their behalf. I'm willing to bet McCain has a great agent - she's not stupid when it comes to looking out on her behalf. 

8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

2015????? When Michelle Collins and Raven were added to the show ? The season when Collins suddenly 'disappeared' from the show one day - no announcement, no farewell - just gone ? Consistently rising since then ? 😄

44 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I would love it if Ana did but I dont see it happening since I dont think she's interested living in NYC full time.

I can see Ana on a bit more often, but I think she is so firmly tied to Miami that she wouldn't go to NYC to be a full-time cast member. Agreed that it would be great, but I don't see it happening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, catlover79 said:

I can see Ana on a bit more often, but I think she is so firmly tied to Miami that she wouldn't go to NYC to be a full-time cast member. Agreed that it would be great, but I don't see it happening.

For some reason I like Ana much more on CNN than on THE VIEW. On CNN, she's pretty vocal against the opposition. On THE VIEW, she agrees with everything Joy and Whoopi says - and she's supposed to be the republican voice ? (And I'm not referring to her opposition to Trump; I'm talking her republican values which seem to be missing on 'The View').  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tableau vivant said:

For some reason I like Ana much more on CNN than on THE VIEW. On CNN, she's pretty vocal against the opposition. On THE VIEW, she agrees with everything Joy and Whoopi says - and she's supposed to be the republican voice ? (And I'm not referring to her opposition to Trump; I'm talking her republican values which seem to be missing on 'The View').  

Remember her appearance on The Daily Show in 2016? She won over Trevor Noah's audience. Maybe without Meghan, she can get more of her conservative views heard.

• Love 2