Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Past her prime. In person she is really lined and personality expired too.

The same thing could be said for a few other DCCs who have been on the team for two or more years. I could state the ones I think are beyond their prime DCC wise, but I know I will get jumped on if I do.

(edited)

Jinelle seems perfectly nice to me. However, I will admit to side-eyeing her for making "professional cheerleader" her career thus far. At 30 years old, having been with a pro team in Melbourne for 5 years and now a DCC for 5, that's a long time to spend devoting yourself to a part time job that doesn't pay much and has a built-in expiration date. I'm sure some will say it's an investment, and she's networking, making connections, etc. I guess I'm old school in that I think it's wiser to devote your energy into something that will grow your skill set and more directly lead to where you want to go in the long term.

I guess if this is her bliss, this is her bliss and she's free to do whatever makes her happy. It's not like she has children to take care of or student loans to pay back. But I have no idea how she's managed to support herself this long. I certainly hope she hasn't had someone else supporting her  financially all this time. That would seem a bit self-indulgent.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Jinelle seems perfectly nice to me. However, I will admit to side-eyeing her for making "professional cheerleader" her career thus far. At 30 years old, having been with a pro team in Melbourne for 5 years and now a DCC for 5, that's a long time to spend devoting yourself to a part time job that doesn't pay much and has a built-in expiration date. I'm sure some will say it's an investment, and she's networking, making connections, etc. I guess I'm old school in that I think it's wiser to devote your energy into something that will grow your skill set and more directly lead to where you want to go in the long term.

I guess if this is her bliss, this is her bliss and she's free to do whatever makes her happy. It's not like she has children to take care of or student loans to pay back. But I have no idea how she's managed to support herself this long. I certainly hope she hasn't had someone else supporting her  financially all this time. That would seem a bit self-indulgent.

Is she supporting herself? Is this any better than an 18-20 year old Holly having parents foot the bill? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The same thing could be said for a few other DCCs who have been on the team for two or more years. I could state the ones I think are beyond their prime DCC wise, but I know I will get jumped on if I do.

I felt that way about Sydney. It's like, "Girl, you won't be invited to the Pro Bowl. Run along home, now."  

Edited by tinabee1967
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is she supporting herself? Is this any better than an 18-20 year old Holly having parents foot the bill? 

Great question, totally agree. I do not think it is any better. I actually don’t see anything wrong with Holly’s parents doing that (if in fact they did) given how young she is AND the fact that she has a remarkable talent and DCC was most likely a stepping stone. 

For Jinelle, I think that her parents or boyfriend HAVE to be supporting her. A woman almost 30 with no formal education, no real job skills... obviously she has something lined up. Even if I wanted to, I could not swing that kind of “dream” up to age 30. I get worried for the ones that are in their very late 20s to 30 who have done this for so long. How can they support themselves? 

Christina actually said she has spent her entire 20s (up to this point) trying out for the team. I do not see this as a good thing. 5 years (to me) is too long. I liked Kyndall, who had a real job and said last year that if she didn’t make it, that would be it for her. It seemed like a very mature decision. At some point you must accept reality- either you made it or you didn’t, but your life has to move on and you have to build something for yourself. \

• Love 5
10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

1. Maybe that's what she's doing...

2. You're right; we don't know. Maybe she likes it that way. There's alot that they won't/don't broadcast just because they're a public figure. IDK maybe I don't give it much thought. Whatever she has been doing has been working and she seems to be okay.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense to Tess, but her dark long hair is not doing her any favors. I wish they have Judy do the makeovers instead because Kelli is obsessed with the same style for the majority of the girls. A lot of the girls, in my opinion, would look good with shorter hair, different hair style, different highlights and color and bangs.

I don't think Judy would give it as much dedication and care as Kelli. As long as they look good and can dance, I think Judy will be okay with them lol

10 hours ago, Donna S said:

Kelsey is at the World. Series in Houston on a gameday.

DNWA-KWVQAACLxp.jpg-large.jpeg

Is something wrong with her not being at home watching an AWAY game? Alot of girls do other things during away games.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

21 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense to Tess, but her dark long hair is not doing her any favors. I wish they have Judy do the makeovers instead because Kelli is obsessed with the same style for the majority of the girls. A lot of the girls, in my opinion, would look good with shorter hair, different hair style, different highlights and color and bangs.

I don't think Judy would give it as much dedication and care as Kelli. As long as they look good and can dance, I think Judy will be okay with them lol

13 hours ago, Donna S said:

Kelsey is at the World. Series in Houston on a gameday.

DNWA-KWVQAACLxp.jpg-large.jpeg

Is something wrong with her not being at home watching an AWAY game? Alot of girls do other things during away games.

No.  With all of the DCC tweeting about Gameday, I didn't realize it was an AWAY game.  Sorry I posted anything.

.... I still like Jenna. 

I don't even care about all the drama and fraternization and whatnot- I just think she's an outstanding performer, and my eyes are always drawn to her in group numbers. 

• Love 16

Now you've all got me thinking about the older women on the team. What are their plans. Obviously you cannot keep up this job forever. Maybe for someone like Jinelle, she hopes to stay on with DCC in some other form after she "retires". Maybe she comes from money and doesn't really need to worry about how she will get paid. If she doesn't have student loans she's already far ahead of most people her age. Seriously, student loans are out of control!

I would love the show to focus a bit on the ones who have decided this is their last year and what their plans are after DCC. Not a lot. I don't want it to eat the show, but just a little talking head about what the benefit of doing this is to the rest of your life. Like "DCC has given me the skills I need to open my own dance studio" something like that.

Obviously over the course of the show we become attached to some of them and want to know what comes next. Others, well, I could care less if Holly crawls in a hole and never shows her face on TV again, but I always found her to be an arrogant brat so there's that.

I do like Jenna though, and want to see her climb out of the hole she has dug for herself.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

At 30 years old, having been with a pro team in Melbourne for 5 years and now a DCC for 5, that's a long time to spend devoting yourself to a part time job that doesn't pay much and has a built-in expiration date.

It's even worse than that, I just watched the season where she made it, she did the Australian cheer thing for seven years!

I'm a big fan of Jinelle's.  Since she is on a visa there are certain requirements she has to adhere too.  Especially these days lol.  I love having older vets on the team and if she can still make it another year go girl. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

.... I still like Jenna. 

I don't even care about all the drama and fraternization and whatnot- I just think she's an outstanding performer, and my eyes are always drawn to her in group numbers. 

Same, I think it’s definitely time for her to move on from DCC land, but I love to watch her dance. Even when I purposely try to watch other dancers, my eyes always drift back to her. She reminds me of Mia in that regard.

Im lukewarm on Jinelle. I have no reason to dislike her, but I see the “fake” aspect that others have mentioned. I try to give these girls a break on that though. Kelli and Charlotte like fake (until she (Kelli) randomly decides that she doesn’t like with Ashley Paige), so there is reason for them to play the “this is such an honor and a dream come true” game. I can’t hate on people for playing the game. With that said, I have never thought that she had the DCC look. She has always looked old IMO.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I have never thought that she had the DCC look. She has always looked old IMO.

Honestly, I think she & Mackenzie S are the two most unattractive ever.  I know Ally T gets a lot of flack for not being too pretty, but IMO she is far prettier than Jinelle.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

.... I still like Jenna. 

Me too.  I said something catty about her personal photos that were photoshopped and regret that.  I hope she will recover from this year's incident.

I was under the impression that Sydney was a very much "liked" DCC by management.  Was I wrong?  Did she really miss doing Pro Bowl?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

Great question, totally agree. I do not think it is any better. I actually don’t see anything wrong with Holly’s parents doing that (if in fact they did) given how young she is AND the fact that she has a remarkable talent and DCC was most likely a stepping stone. 

For Jinelle, I think that her parents or boyfriend HAVE to be supporting her. A woman almost 30 with no formal education, no real job skills... obviously she has something lined up. Even if I wanted to, I could not swing that kind of “dream” up to age 30. I get worried for the ones that are in their very late 20s to 30 who have done this for so long. How can they support themselves? 

Christina actually said she has spent her entire 20s (up to this point) trying out for the team. I do not see this as a good thing. 5 years (to me) is too long. I liked Kyndall, who had a real job and said last year that if she didn’t make it, that would be it for her. It seemed like a very mature decision. At some point you must accept reality- either you made it or you didn’t, but your life has to move on and you have to build something for yourself. \

Do we know what her job is?  Or has she ever said?  I thought K+J says all the girls have to be either in school or working full time?

sorrynotsorry ... am unfollowing holly's instagram.  the stories and posts are a bit vapid and self-centered.

In one of the other pics posted on Twitter, Kashara is basically wearing a thong. I guess it’s still better than the pics where the bikini strings are loose, but I don’t care for it at all. I know I’m not the target customer though lol. 

ETA to add the pic. I know a few other girls had swimsuits like this during the photo shoot as well.

Edited by Jess14

Yeah, I have had to do a double take on several of the pics, though I think Kashara looks like herself at least in the second picture. 

Now Milan....I wouldn’t know this was her if I didn’t see the caption. I don’t like this pose at all, and same comment as the Kashara pic with the bikini.

• Love 1

Ugh.  How can they allow these girls to go on their hands and knees?  Back in the day, when I was working with young actresses, I always told them never to do this in a photo shoot.  Ever.  It’s just the worst.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Ugh.  How can they allow these girls to go on their hands and knees?  Back in the day, when I was working with young actresses, I always told them never to do this in a photo shoot.  Ever.  It’s just the worst.

Because it is sexy and sells calendars. *sarcasm*

I find it interesting that in older seasons we see Kelli cutting girls from training camp over “risqué photos” but these look worse than some of the glimpses we saw of the photos she thought were so bad you couldn’t even be on the team.

I find the thong bathing suit photos to be too much considering the “classy” image they try to maintain. I hope they gave girls an option of not wearing one if it was too skimpy for their preferences (like Madeline who is probably more conservative).

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I hope they gave girls an option of not wearing one if it was too skimpy for their preferences (like Madeline who is probably more conservative).

I have no idea where to find the picture, but Madeline does have at least one picture in a thong.

ETA: Found it.

Edited by ByTor
21 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

This is maybe unpopular, but as much as I love watching the show and the whole DCC journey (and I absolutely have adored it for every single season!), there is a part of me that feels uncomfortable supporting the image of young women in such little clothing dancing so suggestively, doing whatever J and K want with little of their own opinion or point of view asked for or appreciated. I go back and forth between telling myself who cares what they do, to OMG, this is setting women back years. Maybe if they got paid more and it was a real career I would feel differently, but there is a part of me that sees them as being taken advantage of. I feel like they have to give up so much for so little in return (I know they don’t see it that way).The high degree of conformity fascinates me. I was never part of that crowd, never in a sorority, so maybe that is why I just don’t truly get it. Telling my parents I wanted to be a cheerleader in high school was a big no, with my them saying why don’t you go and play the sport yourself? Why do you want to be on the sideline cheering men on? 

I wonder if cheer is more of a Texas thing? It just doesn’t seem to be too acceptable where I am from, at least not for a young girl to aspire to. 

There I said it! Please don’t hate me :( 

I feel the same way. I tell my girls that the DCC is my dirty secret, ha!  I grew up watching them in the 70s. 

My girls went the sports route but we still enjoy the spectacle of it all. Also, the way the ladies are critiqued, make my girls' coaches look nice. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I have no idea where to find the picture, but Madeline does have at least one picture in a thong.

ETA: Found it.

Madeleine in a thong feels so awkward to me..  Kashara on the other hand is my ultimate body goals, wonky pictures or not, end of story.  I wanna look like HER.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, HowdeeDo said:

I mean she’s cute, but Kelli thinks she’s the sexiest thing on this planet and is obsessed with her sassy-sexy-southern thing going on. Her bias with her seems bigger than Texas. I don’t know how to phrase it without sounding hurtful, but her accent is WAY too much, and this comes from a southern woman with family who grew up in the sticks. It’s not charming or endearing, and I’m surprised they haven’t recommended she see a speech trainer to kind of loosen it up a bit. A little southern is cute, but hers is like nails on a chalkboard. /end rant. 

Maybe because they're both Alpha Delta Pi's?  

5 hours ago, cgloss said:

She doesn't look like herself to me. 

She looks about three feet tall here!  Good God who are they paying to take these photos?  Based on their instagram accounts, the girls themselves could take better pictures.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Obviously over the course of the show we become attached to some of them and want to know what comes next. Others, well, I could care less if Holly crawls in a hole and never shows her face on TV again, but I always found her to be an arrogant brat so there's that.

Funny thing...Holly is one of the very few I will be watching for. I'm so interested to see what she does next. I like her. I think she's very talented. Made some boneheaded choices and is paying for them, but hopefully she grows from that. I don't really care what any of the rest of them are up to, except maybe Jenn because I'm interested to see how long she stays with the organization.

8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Me too.  I said something catty about her personal photos that were photoshopped and regret that.  I hope she will recover from this year's incident.

Of course she will. :-) Both Holly and Jenna have so much life ahead of them. They will have tons of other adventures and friends and experiences and opportunities. Neither one's life will be "ruined" because of this season with the DCC. In fact, I hope it's a catalyst that spurs them into a completely different phase in their lives. I think it's pretty great that Holly immediately said, "Ok that's over. It didn't work out the way I wanted, so let me go do something else now" and is moving on to her next dream.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Cheering professionally in Australia for 7 years is really not that big of a deal. It sounds impressive but cheerleading here is NOTHING compared to America. They probably had 1 or 2 practices a week MAX! And appearances would have been rare. They don't do corporate shows or work with kids or anything like that. It's really not a massive time commitment. 

I don't know exactly, but I know Jinelle has some kind of child education training. She loves working with kids and has always been involved with Camp DCC. 

I have no idea if her family is loaded but they live in a pretty wealthy area. 

My unpopular opinion is hating the ever shrinking bikinis. I know I'm going to be considered a huge prude for this but they get tinier every year. Is this the trend in swimsuits in general? I admit I don't pay much attention because I wear the same Land's End tankinis I've worn for the last five or so years to keep things locked and loaded (ha ha).

I find it sad that these beautiful young women are basically wearing what amounts to fabric Band-Aids over their nipples and pubic area, and some floss up their butts.

I don't expect them to wear a burka (sp?) by any means. But the bikinis they used to wear even four years ago were WAY classier than what they're told to wear now. 

Going back to yell at kids to get off my lawn now after having some Milk of Magnesia as a nightcap...

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:
12 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Cheering professionally in Australia for 7 years is really not that big of a deal. It sounds impressive...

LOL, no it doesn't.

LOL yeah, that was my point, the fact that it was 7 years instead of 5 makes it worse :)

Edited by ByTor

Here's a halftime show with the DCC, Rhythm and Blue dancers, Super Cr3w, Kinjas and one other group.  It's not that bad, but it could be better: 

The Drumline is wasted in this performance and it could have been AMAZING.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, cgloss said:

She doesn't look like herself to me. 

She looks gorgeous to me. I can clearly tell it's her. What I don't like are her corpse feet and the fact that she looks super short. Otherwise, from the thigh up, it's a nice photo.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

She looks gorgeous to me. I can clearly tell it's her. What I don't like are her corpse feet and the fact that she looks super short. Otherwise, from the thigh up, it's a nice photo.

She does look gorgeous here, but it looks like they altered her cheekbones or something. And now I can't un-see her feet, so thanks for that.