Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: In Sod We Trust

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

But I think what really pissed her off is that she regards the MTV crew as her staff and she was butt hurt that they all didn't jump in and help her. If she wasn't such a raging bitch, maybe they would have, but helping Janelle with her to do list is no something they are required to do. 

Was I imagining things, or did one of the crew members actually stifle a laugh while Jenelle was having her pre-wedding LAND freakout? I wish more of them would react like that, instead of acting like they're there to take Jenelle's constant verbal abuse *cough* KRISTEN *cough*.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

They are probably contractually obligated to not help cast members in any real way, like with their chores and errands.  

I'd like to agree, but this allows MTV to pretend they're really "documentarians," like it's against some principle of theirs to not interfere with the animals while documenting them. Clearly this isn't the case. I think it's more likely the crew was like "MEh, fuck this cunt, I'll watch her struggle." I bet they're not allowed to like take the kids in production vehicles for any reason, but that has to do with liability. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Along with not saving children from abuse and not keeping inebriated drivers off the road. 

Well, in that case my position is there is a moral obligation.  I know I wouldn't stand around and watch tht crap and do nothing.  Ditto the animal neglect and abuse.  Would you?  No.  

OTOH, I would do nothing when Jenelle had one of her predictable meltdowns.  I might giggle.  

• Love 1

So MTV fired Farrah - yet keeps Jenelle and all her bullshit? At least Farrah shows up and does her job (crew portapotty and she treats them like shit too nonwithstanding). Kail pulls the “I don’t want to talk about it” shit too, but I don’t recall her ever throwing the crew out. Which Jenelle (cough...David) now does on a regular basis.

Who the fuck tries to lay a 1/4 acre of sod the day before their wedding? And I didn’t see any actual sod being laid - just alot of aggressive driving of a front loader (which I’m sure Jenelle bought for “Babe”). I thought sod needed to be watered and sit for awhile to set before dozens of people traipse all over it.

• Love 23

Who the fuck tries to lay a 1/4 acre of sod the day before their wedding? And I didn’t see any actual sod being laid - just alot of aggressive driving of a front loader (which I’m sure Jenelle bought for “Babe”). I thought sod needed to be watered and sit for awhile to set before dozens of people traipse all over it.

People with a shitload of friends at the ready to come full force to help lay it...which they were under the delusion they had until THAT MORNING? I loved when Jenelle said "and they can't come until TOMORROW!!!"....um ok? So they basically told you "see you at the wedding!"? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Me neither. I know Ali is a fan favorite, but I think she has a manipulative streak in her. I notice any time Gracie gets attention, Ali immediately pouts and cries. Leah take Gracie on a roller coaster, Ali cries. Gracie is having a blast fishing with Cory, Ali cries and they have to leave. I know Gracie is no angel, but I don't think the tension in their relationship is entirely her fault. Yes, it sucks that Ali has a disability which limits her, but that's not Gracie's cross to bear. I don't blame the kid for being relieved to have a bit of separation.

Gracie is my personal favorite. I consider her the unsung hero of TM. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

People with a shitload of friends at the ready to come full force to help lay it...which they were under the delusion they had until THAT MORNING? I loved when Jenelle said "and they can't come until TOMORROW!!!"....um ok? So they basically told you "see you at the wedding!"? 

Jenelle is a shithead. Did she really expect her invited guests to show up the day before her wedding to help them lay sod?

This reminds me of something that happened to me on New Years Eve 1991. My family and I were invited to a friend's home for menudo (a traditional Mexican soup). After arriving at their home, I find out the wife has to go out to her manicure and pedicure appointment to get ready for her Vegas trip in two days. I look around and notice no soup cooking on the stove. All the ingredients are on the counter. I had to help the husband prepare the menudo because his wife would be gone for a few hours. Seriously? I am the guest and I have to help prepare the soup? 

1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

This. I thought that after sod was laid, you were suppose to water it a lot and not walk on it. 

Yep. I imagine that sod ended up dying like that first sod they laid out. 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

This reminds me of something that happened to me on New Years Eve 1991. My family and I were invited to a friend's home for menudo (a traditional Mexican soup). After arriving at their home, I find out the wife has to go out to her manicure and pedicure appointment to get ready for her Vegas trip in two days. I look around and notice no soup cooking on the stove. All the ingredients are on the counter. I had to help the husband prepare the menudo because his wife would be gone for a few hours. Seriously? I am the guest and I have to help prepare the soup? 

Ugh - especially menudo!!!  My dad used to cook it from scratch and I could not watch him prep it, or stand to smell it for the first hour or so of cooking.  I also don't like to eat anything but the broth.  You could say I was a little scarred.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Seriously? I am the guest and I have to help prepare the soup? 

Lulz! I was watching a rerun of Four Weddings last weekend where the bride made the members of her bridal party take drink orders and serve the other guests. The bridesmaids spent the entire reception shuffling back and forth to the kitchen in formal gowns and heels. The guest brides were appropriately horrified and knocked off tons of points for the tackiness. 

Jenelle expecting her friends to landscape her yard was just hilarious. This bitch makes 300k a year while they probably work minimum wage jobs and she's pissed that they're not jumping at the chance to do her shit work? Bitch, please.

• Love 14

Did anyone else catch when David told the security dude/wedding officiant/only male that Kaiser feels comfortable around that he didn't want the "does anyone object to this wedding' part?  Obviously because everyone would object.   Also who asks someone to officiate their wedding 3 days prior?  My brother officiated my wedding and we asked him months ahead and met with him a couple of times to go over the ceremony even though it was a super simple ceremony.   

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, LBS said:

Also who asks someone to officiate their wedding 3 days prior?  My brother officiated my wedding and we asked him months ahead and met with him a couple of times to go over the ceremony even though it was a super simple ceremony.   

You know what's funny, is I usually give a pass because many reality show conversations are re-created for tv, but Jenelle and David are the type of people who would spring a request like that on someone at the last minute. They're both so selfish and entitled.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, druzy said:

What a contrast!! You can see the love between Chelsea and Cole.  

Jenelle is so self important.  David looks bored in the picture. Jenyell is really very pretty, but has a hosebeast personality. 

In the preview...Roxanne....needs mental help.  That attitude is not normal, or a good look on a 46 year old gma.  Is she really only 46? 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, pheebs said:

Did everyone notice the brand new sod that Jenyell and UBT were laying? I told y'all the last batch we saw was already dead. Losers.

I was going to come over and say "these two do nothing but lay sod". But they don't even do THAT. They TALK about laying sod. They complain about how hard it is to lay sod. They drive around in rage-mobiles disguised as Bobcats and bitch about all the work that has to be done in relation to laying sod. I've never seen them actually get down to it and, you know, lay sod. They remind me of the peasants in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, who did stupid, mindless jobs all the time-beat water with a stick, or pile clods of mud on top of each other.

11 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

The we don't want nana there because we don't want fighting to Jace is pretty low , so don't have her as an excuse why all the fighting gurl? 

Are you even suppose to step  on sod immediately? Idiots. 

And whenever they aren't engaged in all the myriad tasks relative to not laying sod, they take a few minutes and trash Jace's grandma to his face. Revolting.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I couldn't figure out what it was. I went to aftercare at my school, and it was FREE. But when I worked in daycare, we had before and after care, for school aged kids. We dropped them off and picked them up. It certainly wasn't free. But we took checks, at least. I haven't worked in daycare in over 10 years, but we didn't take debit/credit cards back then. Maybe they do now? At any rate, it seemed weird to me that no one had any idea what was going on. 

When my son was in elementary school (late 90's early aughts), afterschool care was on site but run by an outside organization. You had to sign up separately, but all it took was a phone call. No deposit, no "sign up fee", we just paid $50 every Friday when we picked him up.

2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Javi was there, he was in all the Briana scenes. You just can't see him because he crawled up inside her ass.

Well hell, there's plenty of room! One thing I live for on this show is shots of Briana's ridiculously hideously engorged ass.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Was I imagining things, or did one of the crew members actually stifle a laugh while Jenelle was having her pre-wedding LAND freakout? I wish more of them would react like that, instead of acting like they're there to take Jenelle's constant verbal abuse *cough* KRISTEN *cough*.

The crew must be so over it. What I don't understand is why Kristen tippytoes around wringing her hands, instead of just calmly saying "OK, we're on our way. See you tomorrow".  Never mind, I know Jenelley is her meal ticket and it behooves her to keep the tantrum-o-meter in the red zone. Jenelle acting like she's fucking Elizabeth Taylor on the set of Cleopatra is so ridiculous I  laughed heartily for many minutes. Girl. Get over yourself.

6 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

What a contrast!! You can see the love between Chelsea and Cole.  

Jenelle is so self important.  David looks bored in the picture. Jenyell is really very pretty, but has a hosebeast personality. 

Look at David's right hand in that picture. It looks like he's going to snap her neck any second. Shudder.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

You know what's funny, is I usually give a pass because many reality show conversations are re-created for tv, but Jenelle and David are the type of people who would spring a request like that on someone at the last minute. They're both so selfish and entitled.

Didn't Jenelle tweet weeks before the wedding that we, the viewers, would be surprised to see who was officiating her wedding? She made it sound like Deb OG Danielson or Kris Jenner was going to do the honors. Or was it days before the wedding? I remember @Mkay or @druzy posting the tweet here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, lasandi said:

The girlies never got the definition for motivated.  Alie said, "we don't even know what motivated means."  Leah said, "yes you do, I told you what motivated means".  Gracie said, "I haven't learned about it yet."  Leah said, "I'm feeling nervous, happy". Gracie said, "why you feeling nervous?"  I say, "what happened to the definition of motivated Leah.?"  

Same thing I thought. But then I remembered that Leah is a motivational speaker so of course she knows what it means. What a shitty pep talk . "I'm nervous " Way to help little girls feel confident. ??

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was going to come over and say "these two do nothing but lay sod". But they don't even do THAT. They TALK about laying sod. They complain about how hard it is to lay sod. They drive around in rage-mobiles disguised as Bobcats and bitch about all the work that has to be done in relation to laying sod. I've never seen them actually get down to it and, you know, lay sod. They remind me of the peasants in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, who did stupid, mindless jobs all the time-beat water with a stick, or pile clods of mud on top of each other.

Dead. OMG!!!!! I am crying!!

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

44 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Ugh - especially menudo!!!  My dad used to cook it from scratch and I could not watch him prep it, or stand to smell it for the first hour or so of cooking.  I also don't like to eat anything but the broth.  You could say I was a little scarred.

fucking menudo. I hate the smell. 

Also, the first sod totally died. as did the 2nd wedding sod.

I wish Jenelle would chase after her kids as ardently as she chases after her men.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Jenelle wants other people to lay the sod for her for free - her "friends," the MTV crew, whoever....even though she makes 300k and could pay someone to do it. Except, wait....no she can't pay someone to do it...because she's spent all the money on drugs. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

fucking menudo. I hate the smell. 

In fairness, they were mostly adolescent boys, and have you been in a room full of buys from the ages of 13 - 16? They all smell. 

15 hours ago, druzy said:

Can anyone explain why Cole is dressed like one of the Soggy Bottom Boys?

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Didn't Jenelle tweet weeks before the wedding that we, the viewers, would be surprised to see who was officiating her wedding? She made it sound like Deb OG Danielson or Kris Jenner was going to do the honors. Or was it days before the wedding? I remember @Mkay or @druzy posting the tweet here. 

This is a screenshot of her tweet. She deleted it.

officia.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jenelle acting like she's fucking Elizabeth Taylor on the set of Cleopatra is so ridiculous I  laughed heartily for many minutes. Girl. Get over yourself.

I know.  Hillbilly screaming in a shed, oh my.  

Edited by Sprockets
tired
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, lasandi said:

The girlies never got the definition for motivated.  Alie said, "we don't even know what motivated means."  Leah said, "yes you do, I told you what motivated means".  Gracie said, "I haven't learned about it yet."  Leah said, "I'm feeling nervous, happy". Gracie said, "why you feeling nervous?"  I say, "what happened to the definition of motivated Leah.?"  

What she meant was... "i was up all night (only reason she was up in time to get them to school on time) doing pillses and now im loopy af trynna figure out what the deffnition' of motivated means" 

I also noticed, the shit in her car is still there cause the girlses had to climb out her driver door to get out ?

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, druzy said:

This is a screenshot of her tweet. She deleted it.

officia.png

So, she tweeted 10 days prior to the wedding she had the officiant. 

Thanks, girlfriend for verifying. 

@Uncle JUICE and @Sprockets bwahahahaha

50 minutes ago, lasandi said:

I feel so incredibly sad for Barbara.  The stress of life is showing on her face.  Her so called friend doesn't even get it.  If that friend watched teen mom she would not have been saying the things she said.  Text David, indeed.  I really hope  nothing happens to Barbara before Jace is old enough to take care of himself.  I wish she could stop worrying about Janelle.  I wish there was a magic pill for her to take to stop crying over the hurt she feels.  We all, as parents, know there is no such thing.  You love your children no matter what, even when they break your heart.

My heart broke for Barb. Very sad.

In the beginning, Barb's friend did say just a few things that I thought were on point. She told Barb, "It is Jenelle's choice" after Barb kept putting the blame on David for all the drama and for her not being invited to the wedding. She then said something about not sugar-coating the situation and being blunt. Then, she ruined it when she began to say David supports the kids and all that other mess.

From Barb's point of view, she sees things differently because she is Jenelle's parent. She also is a former victim of DV. In her mind, David is an abuser. He is manipulating Jenelle and it isn't really her choice to disinvite Barb. She feels whenever there isn't a guy around, she and Jenelle have a somewhat "decent" relationship. Thus, her reason for believing David is at fault for all that is happening. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This is one of those typos / autocorrects that can't know how much closer to accurate it is than what was originally intended to be there. Yup, he dicked it up the first time and doesn't want to do it again. 

Bahahahaha! Yea, I'm not changing it. 

3 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

I wish I had video editing skills because there is some comedy gold in The Neanderthal zipping around the yard in that piece of equipment with Jen-yell chasing him.

Benny Hill, anyone?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Jenelle is a shithead. Did she really expect her invited guests to show up the day before her wedding to help them lay sod?

I'll  have to break down and watch this episode. I must see the night before the swamp nuptials shriek fest.

I had a similar thing happen to me but it was flowers at a bridal shower. The bride's Mom (our hostess) had gone out and got hammered the night before the shower. I got there about 15 minutes early and absolutely none of the decorating was done because the righteously hungover hostess was puking in the bathroom. Bride to be grabbed my hand and led me to the $500 in flowers her mom had ordered and said "Do something, PLEASE!" I made some stellar arrangements and then was asked to help with the food. I said no-haha! To top it off, I didn't get a thank you note for the expensive gift or for filling in as the emergency florist. I should have sent them a bill. Isn't menudo an all day project? I don't like hominy but I love menudo. I pick the hominy out :) 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Gracie is my personal favorite. I consider her the unsung hero of TM. 

I love Gracie! She was basically running that house while Leah was whacked out of her mind on pills. And girlfriend tells it like it is. 

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I'm surprised she didn't require they bring their own pasta and beer. 

1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Jenelle wants other people to lay the sod for her for free - her "friends," the MTV crew, whoever....even though she makes 300k and could pay someone to do it. Except, wait....no she can't pay someone to do it...because she's spent all the money on drugs. 

I'm surprised she didn't make some asinine Twitter post in an attempt to get the sod laid for free. 

1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Can anyone explain why Cole is dressed like one of the Soggy Bottom Boys?

Because the Soggy Bottom Boys were awesome??!?? (I love how Cole is dressed.)

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I love Gracie! She was basically running that house while Leah was whacked out of her mind on pills. And girlfriend tells it like it is. 

I'm surprised she didn't require they bring their own pasta and beer. 

I'm surprised she didn't make some asinine Twitter post in an attempt to get the sod laid for free. 

Because the Soggy Bottom Boys were awesome??!?? (I love how Cole is dressed.)

Me too. A post with hashtags to the sod farm with snarky remarks about it being delivered late or being faulty sod because it was supposed to unroll and lay itself. Everyone on the outside looking in can clearly see they have no friends, only wannabe famewhores, because of the way they treat people. You can't kick people out of your life and expect them to magically appear when your poor planning leaves you scrambling. I think they spent a ton of money on drugs for the wedding and the week leading up to it and the pool probably cost quite a bit. Lurch didn't do any of that work, they hired a pool company. The trashtastic wedding was at the end of the season and these fools get paid after the season wraps, right? Methinks they'd spent all of their MTV six figures and didn't have any left to hire someone to finish the landscaping before they became Mr & Mrs Swampthing.

• Love 17

I loved the quick scenes of Isaac and Jo.  They have a lot of fun together and such a great father and son bond.  I also thought Corey was so cute with the girls when he told them they couldn’t get messy in their school clothes.  Instead of trying to replace Janelle or Kail with Bri they should get rid of all three of their loser asses and change the show to Teen Moms and Dads and make some of the guys full time.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

So, MTV pays the Squat Ass Cum Dumpster 300K for a show called Teen Mom. She has never been a mom to the child that got her on the show. That makes me so fucking angry. FU MTV!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

I know.  Hillbilly screaming in a shed, oh my.  

I’d also like to nominate Jenelle as Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra as a potiental Post of the Day.

I guess that makes David Richard Burton. Hehe...

• Love 2

Yes I caught Ali's big evil smile when Addis was being disciplined.She did the same thing when Gracie was being spanked.I think she enjoys watching her sisters getting in trouble.No one ever calls her out too.

If this Gracie or one of the others they'd be called evil or a brat.Leah never disciplines Ali the way she disciplines addie and grace so Ali knows she can get away with alot

The smile was kinda creepy

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Bahahahaha! Yea, I'm not changing it. 

Benny Hill, anyone?

Now I have that Benny Hill song in my head as I see that scene of Jenelle and David from last night. LOL Anyone here able to put that music to that moment and speed up that scene? I'd be forever grateful!! Pretty please!

50 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Do we know why Leah brings her girlses to school before the sun is up? In August or September it would be light out by 6:30. What time does elementary school start? 9? 8:30?  

She has to get them there early for breakfast because Leah is too damn lazy to make them a home cooked meal like Miranda. Gracie ripped into Leah for that and I am glad she did. If these girlses didn't reveal these nuggets, we'd never know what a lazy mother they have in their lives.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Awesome!

Jenelle is really just too much. I'm sure even her druggie loser friends are completely over her bullshit. If they ever liked or cared about her, by now they only tolerate her because she pays for all the drugs, food, and whatever else when they spend time with her and she has an awesome place where you can get fucked up and have a great time until UBT and/or Jenelle pop off, at which time you realize you're fucked because Jenelle picked you up and you have no way of getting off of The Land while she's locked in the bedroom crying and UBT is losing his shit. You can't even tune them out and just use their awesome TV/game system because they're both screaming (along with any kid(s) present). There's no food in the house and you can't order a pizza because you don't have the credit card info. You think about going outside and hanging on the dock or chilling in the woods, but the last time you did that UBT got pissed over something and locked you out and you ended up having to sleep on the porch with all your stuff locked inside.

Then they want you to come over to lay sod the day before their wedding (which you're only going to because Jenelle begged you and promised you all the drugs, booze, and Olive Garden you can consume); then they tell you not to come at the last minute; then Jenelle calls back hysterically demanding that you come over that very second and you tell her you can't, but you'll see her at the wedding tomorrow (which, frankly, you're questioning at this point and you really want to ask her whether she got all the drugs/booze/food she promised, but you know that won't go well).

And so on. And so on. It's no wonder that 75% of the invited guests didn't even show up for the swamp nuptials, much less to lay fucking sod beforehand.

Nailed it! I had a friend like Jenelle way back when. Her life was a mess, it was all her doing and she was heavy into cocaine. She'd promise to supply the coke and booze (it was the 80's, don't judge-haha!) if you'd come over and help her do something like paint or just to party. I got sucked in a couple times but it always turned into a shitshow with her going off on someone over nothing. After the last time, I never wanted to see her again.  After I  quit the party life, had a child and was living the grown up life, I changed my phone number, had it unlisted and threatened people with death if they told her where I'd moved to. I bet a whole bunch of Jenelle and UBT's "friends" have done the same. Changed everything they could and blocked them from all social media. I'm hoping when the swamp nuptials airs, the cameras do a long pan of the crowd to show that only a handful of die hard hangers on showed up. Some folks will put up with anything for free booze, food and drugs.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, bounnatalie said:

Did that editing suck? So, did Jenelle help lay down the sod or hang in the house all day? What was David doing with that front loader thing? Janelle was upset because she had  stuff to do---go pick up all the kids for the wedding? Sounds like the crew had to leave because things weren't "perfect" and she couldn't control them.

I get what Barb's "friend" was trying to do (try to get them to make peace?), but man, she was barking up the wrong tree. We'll hear back from "Donna" on the ID special.  ' I'm in shock, such a family man" 

I understand what the woman was saying in that someone has to be the bigger person in the situation and that maybe she should try to make amends so she can be a part of her daughters life again ... if it was a normal person you're speaking about . Jenelle is a fuckin disgusting , trashy , unappreciative asshole . Barbs only problem is that she fully blames David for everything when the common denominator in everything that's happened between jenelle and barb is jenelle .. because truthfully as horrible as David is , if him and jenelle broke up , it wouldn't matter . She'd just find another loser to team up with and continue to be the disgusting person she is ., that woman was way out of line . If I was in Barbs situation I'd be a hell of a lot more spiteful than she's being 

• Love 18