Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love You, Mean It

nikita
  • Start Topic

Not doubting your interpretation, but I could see Kaiser screaming "feed me" if hays a phrase he hears a lot. Toddlers tend to repeat EVERYTHING they hear. If UBT yells "feed me!" to Jenelle or vice versa I 100% believe Kaiser would repeat that phrase. 

Agreed, that or:

Janelle: "Dude, can you feed him so he'll leave me aloooone?" 

David: "Babe, you feed him."

Kaiser: "One of you assholes feed me."

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Couldn't they have put Ali in a little beach chair and let her fish from there? Or does she just not like fishing?  That scene upset me.

This scene was a little odd given that they normally have Ali out playing tball/softball (not agreeing with this as a good thing--just saying).  All of the sudden she has to just sit in her chair and and can't move around at all?  Not making light of her condition, just saying it was a little strange that she seemed stuck in her wheelchair all of the sudden, and couldn't participate at all.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Couldn't they have put Ali in a little beach chair and let her fish from there? Or does she just not like fishing?  That scene upset me.

They should start treating the girls like the different people they are, with different abilities and interests.  But that wouldn't occur to anyone in Possum Holler.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, druzy said:

Is this it?

Upon rewatching it- Maryssa and Jenelle both have the "battered woman" lookaway/silence/blank look down. It's sad that Maryssa has already had to perfect that. Her face in that one shot looks petrified. She knows the score. That poor girl. 

Kaiser is a toddler so he hasn't learned yet like Maryssa has. And Ensley is still too little-- but that poor poor baby. I am biased towards being concerned about her because I have a newborn, but she just looks so blank. Neglected from birth.

• Love 15

The reason Jenelle wrote that she is "probably" leaving the show is because she knows she isn't. As if she's going to give up that money and get a real job. As Cher from clueless would say, "as if". That girl along with the rest of them aren't going anywhere. First off, these girls complain about what gets shown and whines to the producers about never showing the happy times and always showing the dramatic, bad times. That's what these assholes don't grasp the concept of. This is reality television. You don't get to choose what gets aired and you certainly should not expect them to only air footage of you and your family at your best. And why should they? If we wanted to see happy people going to the zoo or watching tv as a family at home, then we can tune in to Leave it To Beaver or our own lives. MTV is filming you because you're trashy and give good drama. Stop expecting to get paid for smiling at the camera. I wish just for once , these producers would say ok, you're off the hook. We replaced you. Goodbye. No, but instead they kiss these girls asses as if any of them are really going anywhere.

• Love 7

I’m curious about what happened with the hired photographer.  Assumption — During fight, Jenelle impulsively texts the photographer to call off the photo shoot. Perhaps the rescheduling happened many times?  Eventually the photographer has enough of their shenanigans all together. At this point it isn’t worth the free publicity or professional credit.  David declares that they can do it themselves as they have a deadline to submit the photo for pay.  I further speculate that she had a special outfit for the save the date photos — that complimented what he wore — but he destroyed it during the arguement (you’ll notice that the home is devoid of nicknacks and decorator items because they get thrown, kicked and destroyed during arguments). 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

The reason Jenelle wrote that she is "probably" leaving the show is because she knows she isn't. As if she's going to give up that money and get a real job. As Cher from clueless would say, "as if". That girl along with the rest of them aren't going anywhere. First off, these girls complain about what gets shown and whines to the producers about never showing the happy times and always showing the dramatic, bad times. That's what these assholes don't grasp the concept of. This is reality television. You don't get to choose what gets aired and you certainly should not expect them to only air footage of you and your family at your best. And why should they? If we wanted to see happy people going to the zoo or watching tv as a family at home, then we can tune in to Leave it To Beaver or our own lives. MTV is filming you because you're trashy and give good drama. Stop expecting to get paid for smiling at the camera. I wish just for once , these producers would say ok, you're off the hook. We replaced you. Goodbye. No, but instead they kiss these girls asses as if any of them are really going anywhere.

Isn't this exactly why they hired that fifth one, Briana? So that when this happened, they could just say, "Oh, okay, no problem. We can pay this fifth kid half of what you make, she'll kiss OUR asses for doing it, and you can get on the skyrocket to success our show's clearly been holding you back from." 

• Love 18
8 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Oh she knows it wasn't a good thing to do but she did it anyway because it's her job to instigate things and cause drama where there is none or, in this case, add fuel to the fire.

She'd probably get a raise if she could get David to go off on Jenelle or the kids on camera. In MTV's eyes, they could care less if Jenelle or the kids get physically injured or killed as long as they get it on film. MTV and these producers make me sick. 

True.  Footage over safety...

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I’m curious about what happened with the hired photographer.  Assumption — During fight, Jenelle impulsively texts the photographer to call off the photo shoot. Perhaps the rescheduling happened many times?  Eventually the photographer has enough of their shenanigans all together. At this point it isn’t worth the free publicity or professional credit.  David declares that they can do it themselves as they have a deadline to submit the photo for pay.  I further speculate that she had a special outfit for the save the date photos — that complimented what he wore — but he destroyed it during the arguement (you’ll notice that the home is devoid of nicknacks and decorator items because they get thrown, kicked and destroyed during arguments). 

I think you nailed it!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, alexa said:

This scene was a little odd given that they normally have Ali out playing tball/softball (not agreeing with this as a good thing--just saying).  All of the sudden she has to just sit in her chair and and can't move around at all?  Not making light of her condition, just saying it was a little strange that she seemed stuck in her wheelchair all of the sudden, and couldn't participate at all.

I completely agree!! Almost as if to show everyone "see, see how sad she is in that chair!! This is why we dont push it on her to use it" type of thing... jmo

• Love 4

a lazy uninterested step-mom, and your life will now be filmed and broadcast on national TV.

But she's not too lazy to write herself a Mother's Day (weekend/week/month/eternity) card & pass it off as if Maryssa did it! 

This is reality television. You don't get to choose what gets aired and you certainly should not expect them to only air footage of you and your family at your best. And why should they? If we wanted to see happy people going to the zoo or watching tv as a family at home, then we can tune in to Leave it To Beaver or our own lives. 

I loved how when she was fighting with Barb she said something along the lines of "I've been fine all day! They've been filming me being happy all day!!"...note we saw nothing of said prior happiness make it to air.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

But she's not too lazy to write herself a Mother's Day (weekend/week/month/eternity) card & pass it off as if Maryssa did it! 

I loved how when she was fighting with Barb she said something along the lines of "I've been fine all day! They've been filming me being happy all day!!"...note we saw nothing of said prior happiness make it to air.

The delusion that this woman lives in is frightening... 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Here is the wonky editing at play here during the Jenelle and Barb phone call scene. Watch the phone, then notice how it seems Barb's voice was edited in as Jenelle hadn't even put the phone on speaker, the quick splice, suddenly Jenelle's phone is on speaker even though you didn't see her touch the key to change it to speaker, her phone is suddenly turned sideways, and then look at her blouse on her shoulder as it suddenly changes:  

I have to rewatch these clips and focus on specific people or areas to catch stuff.  We have discussed Ensley's cone head and her constant dull/bland expression.  In this clip focus on Ensley and watch how she turns her head towards all the screaming but she barely reacts.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I have to leave in a few to an appointment. But I wanted to respond to this post of yours.

When I was rewatching the Jenelle scenes, I noticed when the photographer was reading her texts from Jenelle to Kristin, she started to read what sounded like David had called off the wedding. The words she uttered were, "he never wants to..." but then Kristen interrupted with her gasping and then reading the texts she received. I am guessing it was "He never wants to marry me." That would fit in with what was happening. One text was how David was cursing at her all day and another read David was putting Jenelle down the whole day. Just a theory. I certainly don't know. You all can likely fill in the blank. I guess the photographer was let go, her services were not needed. I don't doubt she also just got tired of their crap.

Oh, and the kicker. As David was painting the stupid Save-the-Date sign, the music playing was titled "Wonderful You" according to the information on the screen. MTV is savage.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

I posted this in the brianna thread, but this bitch is so boring...no one goes on there lol. So here we go...

Heres what i dont get, (maybe someone can explain). Does the film crew stay with them while they film? How is it that mtv was at briannas moms tiny ass apt at 4:30 am after luis left? And if they werent there (which im assuming they stay in a hotel nearby maybe?) Did these bitches get up, wake nova up, call the producers over, set up the scenario, have their coven meetin, just to film about "luis fucking up" again?? 

Im so sick of these bitches... poor little nova and stella. 

• Love 14

@JuliesMommy I've been wondering about the late night scenes, too. Like, do they sleep over when filming (they were at Farrah's late, late at night when she went into labor.) or are they told to call up the camera crew and reenact part of what was missed?

Eitherway, I'm sooooo over Brianna and her mother. It's not even snark worthy, as I just want them dumb women off my screen and to not get rich for being lazy and stupid.

When I see poor Nova lose sleep because Brianna has to make sure the entire coven is awake while she burps the baby is very insensitive.

Nova needs her OWN sleeping space with a newborn in the house. They could've bitched about Louis in the kitchen so Nova could sleep. It was sad when they zoomed in on Nova and she's got the "trying to keep my eyes open" look on her face. Or the look on her face that new parents of a newborn have. 

When Brianna said "I should be sleeping right now" I hollered at the screen "No!!! Your daughter, NOVA should be asleep right now as your ass is the mother of a newborn baby and is responsible for being up late to tend to Stella while your growing, innocent in this mess, child gets her proper amount of sleep to grow healthy!!!"

You can't expect Louis to feel comfortable sleeping on the couch with women calling him a loser constantly. I think he would rather bond and care for Stella in the comfort of his own home. I'd be damned if I'm going to sit and care for my new baby while someone constantly yells and degrades me. Even if Louis is a loser, the dude showed up to make an attempt and they squashed all of his attempts of being involved.

MTV, you're NOT adding ANYTHING to this show by adding Brianna. We don't like her and it's not because she wasn't there from the beginning, viewers just don't want to watch her!!!! We don't like Jenelle either but we watch her to keep an eye out on her kids wellbeing.

I don't like Jenelle's producer Kristen. She is one of those people that acts sweet and innocent but is a shit stirrer.

She was playing dumb with her "oh, I could've sworn you guys were fighting" crap!! Poor Maryssa had a look on her face that read "Kristen, you bitch!! They finally calmed down from that fight at 4:30am and now your dumbass has to bring attention back to it and I'll have to hear it all over again when your dumbass leaves after filming!!!!". 

Normally I wouldn't think an 8 year old girl (I think she's 8?) would think or talk like that but after the shit Maryssa has seen I wouldn't be shocked if she did. Poor girl has witnessed life of a 40 year old woman in an 8 year olds body. ?

I felt bad for Ali. It's almost like she's becoming angry and bitter due to her limitations. When she was sitting there on her wheel chair bitching about everything from being sweaty, bored and wanting to leave I felt sadness for her and I wanted to hug her.

She's at the age where shes understanding her condition much more and it's effecting her mood (just guessing). She needs extensive therapy with a reputable therapist to answer any question Ali has about muscular dystrophy and to express her honest feelings.

I can't expect Corey or Leah to be perfect but Ali would have been less irritated and impatient during the fishing trip had she had a nice outdoor canopy tent over her while she played with her iPad, colored, or played with play dough - SOMETHING!!! Those canopy tents don't cost too much and are easy to setup and take down. I'd HATE to sit and watch people fishing let alone be stuck on a chair with the sun beating down on me. That sweet little girl. 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 11

Good god, Brianna. What. Do. You. Want. That girl is just a black hole of need. Luis went home. Ok? Why is that upsetting you? In specifics, none of this “stepping up” vaguery you go with. Do you want him to move in? Do you want him to come and go on a schedule you both put together? Do you want him to take Stella to his place? What is it exactly that you want from him? Until you can articulate that, you’re not going to get it. And the crazy thing is that I'm pretty sure Luis really is a deadbeat, but Brianna is such a pouty baby about everything that I can’t tell what he really isn’t doing and what she’s just bitching about. And why must the coven do everything together? No wonder they’re all exhausted, they don’t delegate! Why should everyone be awake in the middle of the night. Take care of Stella in shifts so you can sleep. Or tell Brianna to do it and you’ll be there to help only. When all 4 adults in this situation are expected to be awake and present 24/7 of course everything seems overwhelming. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

@JuliesMommy I've been wondering about the late night scenes, too. Like, do they sleep over when filming (they were at Farrah's late, late at night when she went into labor.) or are they told to call up the camera crew and reenact part of what was missed?

Eitherway, I'm sooooo over Brianna and her mother. It's not even snark worthy, as I just want them dumb women off my screen and to not get rich for being lazy and stupid.

When I see poor Nova lose sleep because Brianna has to make sure the entire coven is awake while she burps the baby is very insensitive.

Nova needs her OWN sleeping space with a newborn in the house. They could've bitched about Louis in the kitchen so Nova could sleep. It was sad when they zoomed in on Nova and she's got the "trying to keep my eyes open" look on her face. Or the look on her face that new parents of a newborn have. 

When Brianna said "I should be sleeping right now" I hollered at the screen "No!!! Your daughter, NOVA should be asleep right now as your ass is the mother of a newborn baby and is responsible for being up late to tend to Stella while your growing, innocent in this mess, child gets her proper amount of sleep to grow healthy!!!"

You can't expect Louis to feel comfortable sleeping on the couch with women calling him a loser constantly. I think he would rather bond and care for Stella in the comfort of his own home. I'd be damned if I'm going to sit and care for my new baby while someone constantly yells and degrades me. Even if Louis is a loser, the dude showed up to make an attempt and they squashed all of jos attempts of being involved.

MTV, you're NOT adding ANYTHING to this show by adding Brianna. We don't like her and it's not because she wasn't there from the beginning, viewers just don't want to watch her!!!! We don't like Jenelle either but we watch her to keep an eye out on her kids wellbeing.

I don't like Jenelle's producer Kristen. She is one of those people that acts sweet and innocent but is a shit stirrer.

She was playing dumb with her "oh, I could've sworn you guys were fighting" crap!! Poor Maryssa had a look on her face that read "Kristen, you bitch!! They finally calmed down from that fight at 4:30am and now your dumbass has to bring attention back to it and I'll have to hear it all over again when your dumbass leaves after filming!!!!". 

Normally I wouldn't think an 8 year old girl (I think she's 8?) would think or talk like that but after the shit Maryssa has seen I wouldn't be shocked if she did. Poor girl has witnessed life of a 40 year old woman in an 8 year olds body. ?

I felt bad for Ali. It's almost like she's becoming angry and bitter due to her limitations. When she was sitting there on her wheel chair bitching about everything from being sweaty, bored and wanting to leave I felt sadness for her and I wanted to hug her.

She's at the age where shes understanding her condition much more and it's effecting her mood (just guessing). She needs extensive therapy with a reputable therapist to answer any question Ali has about muscular dystrophy and to express her honest feelings.

I can't expect Corey or Leah to be perfect but Ali would have been less irritated and impatient during the fishing trip had she had a nice outdoor canary tent over her while she played with her iPad, colored, or played with play dough - SOMETHING!!! Those canopy tents don't cost too much and are easy to setup and take down. I'd HATE to sit and watch people fishing let lone be stuck on a chair with the sun beating down on me. That sweet little girl. 

Maaaan, THIS!!!^^^^ everything you said! I wish i could like this a thousand times. From brianna's stupid ass to poor little Ali... 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Isn't this exactly why they hired that fifth one, Briana? So that when this happened, they could just say, "Oh, okay, no problem. We can pay this fifth kid half of what you make, she'll kiss OUR asses for doing it, and you can get on the skyrocket to success our show's clearly been holding you back from." 

I don't like watching Briana but at this point I'd rather they add Mackenzie and take away all of the rest or just kill the show. They all suck to watch, for various reasons.

2 hours ago, JuliesMommy said:

The delusion that this woman lives in is frightening... 

I wonder if Jenelle truly believes what she says or if she just thinks other people are dumber than herself and she's narcissistic enough to think she's fooling the majority of viewers?

I still think part of Ali's "problem" is that she's more intelligent than most of the people around her, that would be so frustrating, on top of her other frustrations. I'm not sure it was so much that they didn't want/let her fish and not that she didn't want to fish. Or maybe they had been there awhile and she already fished and was bored of it or tired. People who let her walk and play anywhere, including tball, aren't going to say she can't fish. If anything Cory could just help her reel catches in and it's less physical activity than most things we see her doing.

Edited by Rebecca
Added stuff about Ali
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Good god, Brianna. What. Do. You. Want. That girl is just a black hole of need. Luis went home. Ok? Why is that upsetting you? In specifics, none of this “stepping up” vaguery you go with. Do you want him to move in? Do you want him to come and go on a schedule you both put together? Do you want him to take Stella to his place? What is it exactly that you want from him? Until you can articulate that, you’re not going to get it. And the crazy thing is that I'm pretty sure Luis really is a deadbeat, but Brianna is such a pouty baby about everything that I can’t tell what he really isn’t doing and what she’s just bitching about. And why must the coven do everything together? No wonder they’re all exhausted, they don’t delegate! Why should everyone be awake in the middle of the night. Take care of Stella in shifts so you can sleep. Or tell Brianna to do it and you’ll be there to help only. When all 4 adults in this situation are expected to be awake and present 24/7 of course everything seems overwhelming. 

Yes!!!!! I completely forgot to mention this in my previous post. When my husband and I were going through newborn bootcamp (3 babies - not at the same time lol) one would wake up to feed and change the baby while the other one slept to get rest for the very next feeding/changing. We would alternate between each feeding. 

Unless of course Roxanne and Brittany all have jobs and can't be THAT involved which makes Brianna look even more insensitive because she's keeping EVERYONE awake when she should be handling it then rest when they get home from work. There's no reason for all of the ladies (including sweet nova) to be awake all hours while Brianna tends to Stella.

Methinks, the coven are so excited about filming that they want to make sure they are all IN EVERY SCENE!! They are all THIRSTY for the MTV paycheck. If there were no camera around I highly doubt that they would be sitting in every room together at every minute on the hour. Even Brittany said in an interview that she hardly hung around Brianna and Roxanne and now she's constantly with them??? They are thirsty for the reality show cameras!!!

I hope when they start cashing those large MTV checks (I really hope they won't last long enough to see the 300k per season salary as Brianna doesn't deserve it since she offers NOTHING to society) they agree to get a bigger home so Nova can have her VERY OWN room!!!!!!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Gracie is the "bad kid" in their family and Ali is the "good kid" - I've seen this a lot in families...they often seem blind to the fact "good kid" isn't always totally innocent. I'm sure it's ultra magnified because of Ali having MD. Gracie is the scapegoat. 

"Probably"? Sure, Jan. She wants them to cowtow and kiss her ass.

I'm glad my useless knowledge had a use! I'm a vegetarian but pepperoni rolls are supposed to be really good because the pepperoni grease gets all up in the bread as they bake. They were invented by Italian immigrants and coal miners to eat in the mines, if I remember correctly. I couldn't agree more about the dyes, I bet some pepperoni even has red #40 in it! (I avoid all the fake dyes, personally.)

I don't think pepperoni rolls are even heated usually. Honestly, your average gas station sandwich is probably healthier than the WV pepperoni roll. White, sugary bread and pepperoni is basically no nutritional value at all! 

She lives in a rural area, they don't have 7-11 even. Their gas stations quite possibly don't have much or any of that. She could definitely find better than she has but it's definitely not the same as many other areas as far as healthy items, especially at gas stations there. She would need to plan ahead and grocery shop. Hell, she could go to Charleston and buy from some chain called "healthy life market" since she has the money.

This. I think it's way more important to Chelsea. Is Paislee's last name Lind? I still maintain that Chelsea and Cole haven't been together long enough at this point and divorce could happen. If in 5 years it's all still great and Aubree wants to, go for it.  

Her already married wedding party that we won't even be seeing. Yawn.

When you put Maryssa's life out so blunt like that it's really shocking and rough what she's had to adjust to.

It's like she's taken lessons on how to be the most annoying, dramatic, trashy and extra person in the any situation.

Jenelle is a narcissist sociopath. It's clearer and clearer to me each episode.

@SPLAIN I wish I could more than like your post. ?

Thank you.

Agree to your entire post.

I don't think Aubree wants her last name changed to a hyphenated name to fit in as much as she thinks of it as some kind of novelty. She doesn't comprehend what it is all about.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Luis is not supposed to sleep. He needs to be awake 24 hours a day, because "stepping up to the plate" means never sleeping, especially at his own house. As I posted upthread, even if Luis had no need to sleep, was a fully trained baby nurse with money hanging out of his pockets, and a giant shopping bag full of diapers and wipes which magically never emptied, he would still not be enough for this crew of whining sourpusses. They'd bitch about the brand of the magical diapers and ask why Luis had to be awake all the time, taking up space in their house, breathing their air, and requiring food. 

WORD!  I am still laughing because it is so true!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

I don't like watching Briana but at this point I'd rather they add Mackenzie and take away all of the rest or just kill the show. They all suck to watch, for various reasons.

I wonder if Jenelle truly believes what she says or if she just thinks other people are dumber than herself and she's narcissistic enough to think she's fooling the majority of viewers?

From my experience of dealing with woman who are battered or in a similar situation(not saying in ANY way jennelle is a victim) but they always seem to carry the guilt and the obligation to keep up a fake ass facade that everything is "perfect". I think they (i.e woman in that type of situation) think if they tell themselves and everyone else that everything is perfect, it'll eventually be that way. Again..jmo

18 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Luis is not supposed to sleep. He needs to be awake 24 hours a day, because "stepping up to the plate" means never sleeping, especially at his own house. As I posted upthread, even if Luis had no need to sleep, was a fully trained baby nurse with money hanging out of his pockets, and a giant shopping bag full of diapers and wipes which magically never emptied, he would still not be enough for this crew of whining sourpusses. They'd bitch about the brand of the magical diapers and ask why Luis had to be awake all the time, taking up space in their house, breathing their air, and requiring food. 

FML!!! Im dying at your post!!! On Jesus this is TRUE!!! ??????

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

This is why I quit watching the show at least a year ago. I keep up with it here only, so in my mind, I have moral high ground :). 

• Love 12

One more thing. I think this is the first time an episode thread has reached 7-pages in only two days since it aired. The view count and comment count has surpassed Brianna's thread. I missed my entire lunch because I was trying to get caught up on the snark that my tuna fish sandwich has to be eaten tonight. 

Sadly, is not because it was an entertaining episode. It was due to the sadness and horror we witnessed in the eyes of beautiful children. Seeing Kaiser's "oh shit! I'm in for it now!" look on his face before UBT frighteningly grabbed him by his young arm sent chills down my spine and my own maternal extincts had my body jolting after the screen as if I just witnessed someone hurt my own child. ?

My youngest is 2 years and 8 months old and I could NEVER imagine swearing at her, yanking her arm that is still DEVELOPING because she sparked a natural interest in looking at a cool camera. ?

Oh man, I'm about to tear up just typing this. I sing and read to my beautiful children every night and it pains me to know that Kaiser will only get read or sang to if a camera is on him or for social media. This show is becoming too SICK for viewers to watch. Those poor kids. I hate UBT!!!!

• Love 21
15 hours ago, Mkay said:

A speech problem that she got a form for on 9-4 way after this was filmed. Regardless of his speech you screamed at, dragged, and completely ignored him after the fact. I can't stand those two. 

Right? I commented on her Instagram pic with her texts to Larry. I told her that I don't NEED subtitles to see that the child was very upset, being ignored, was dragged by the arm, etc. They didn't have to subtitle it when Jenelle yelled, "Holy fuck, dude!" at a 3-year-old. She is garbage. 

14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not doubting your interpretation, but I could see Kaiser screaming "feed me" if hays a phrase he hears a lot. Toddlers tend to repeat EVERYTHING they hear. If UBT yells "feed me!" to Jenelle or vice versa I 100% believe Kaiser would repeat that phrase. 

Another poster mentioned this much earlier in the thread, but I could see Jenelle always demanding that David "feed him!" - in regards to Kaiser - when he's being fussy. So now he's learned to switch up the pronoun and demand it himself. 

14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Cleaning the house apparently ain't so simple. 

Her house is cluttered, for sure. But I don't think it's hoarders level or filthy. For some people, cleaning just isn't a priority. Unless it was to the point where her kids were in danger because of it, I am not going to judge Chelsea on that. 

• Love 18
12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I meant to response to something @druzy posted, I believe. She posted an old article about MTV trying to rent out a police car from the local police station for use during filming Teen Mom. They were denied use of a police car. It makes me wonder about what else have they tried to pass off on this show and succeeded in doing so without us realizing. 

Tons, no doubt.  This show, and probably every other reality show out there.

The public's retort to cast members is always, "They can't use what you don't give them," but they can certainly manipulate it.  I'm not saying that Jenelle isn't a heinous person, and David isn't scary, but it's a stretch to extrapolate everything about their lives from the small of amount of material we see, even without knowing that there could be clever editing or producer manipulation.

I'm not defending any of these fools, but I think most of us would hate to be judged by our worst moments, or to have people assume that I never do anything that isn't just like what is shown on TV.  And I think, "Even if I were inclined to yank on my kid's arm, I sure as hell wouldn't do it when MTV was there."  But I think people really do get used to having these cameras around and drop their guard.   

3 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Again, with the editing.  Who's to say that they hadn't agreed that Ali would get to pick one thing to do, and then Gracie would pick one thing to do, and this was Gracie's turn.  Or maybe that's not what happened.  Either way, you just can't

8 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Oh man, I'm about to tear up just typing this. I sing and read to my beautiful children every night and it pains me to know that Kaiser will only get read or sang to if a camera is on him or for social media.

While most of us can't imagine Jenelle reading to Kaiser, there's no basis for saying it doesn't happen just because we don't see it. 

• Love 3

The Coven are so dramatic.  Brianna's problems are her own making.  They sit around in the living room having all night bitch sessions, but they never discuss anything that could actually improve the situation.  It would be nice if they used each other to practice improving their social skills and used each other to role play.   They have no problem solving or critical thinking skills.  I don't think they could problem solve their way out of a locked car.

Edited by AirQuotes
spelling correction
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think what scares me the most is how Jenelle and David go from zero to ass whoopin' whenever Kaiser is concerned. Kaiser wasn't even acting up or crying until Dave and Jenelle flipped out, started yelling and dragged him away from the camera. 

I was also really thrown when Kaiser smacked Jace with the stick. I know kids can get rough, but that was really aggressive and seemed way beyond normal play. Since children mimic behavior, it's scary to think about what goes on in that home when the film crew isn't around.

It's also scary to consider that Maryssa and Aubree are the same age, yet one child is aged and weary while the other doesn't have a care in the world. 

Yes to your whole post!! I also notice the difference with watson and ensley... their development has everything to do with the enviornment their in. Ensley is absolutely beautiful!! Yet she looks so disengaged... ? not a happy baby... my heart breaks for those 3 kids.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think what scares me the most is how Jenelle and David go from zero to ass whoopin' whenever Kaiser is concerned. Kaiser wasn't even acting up or crying until Dave and Jenelle flipped out, started yelling and dragged him away from the camera. 

Notice none of the CREW, who were standing around the camera, even seemed to care that Kaiser had touched it. Jenelle and David flipped out before there even was a problem, IMO. 

14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's also scary to consider that Maryssa and Aubree are the same age, yet one child is aged and weary while the other doesn't have a care in the world.

When you put it that way.....damn. They don't even seem the same age at all. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I have a nine year old son whose biggest concern these days seems to be 'who's the tallest Star Wars villain" and "How can I get away with saying curse words....what if my name was Richard?!?!? LOLZ!" I feel bad for these kids just from what I see in still photos. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I have a nine year old son whose biggest concern these days seems to be 'who's the tallest Star Wars villain" and "How can I get away with saying curse words....what if my name was Richard?!?!? LOLZ!" I feel bad for these kids just from what I see in still photos. 

Ikr? Your son loves Star Wars and Aubree loves a dolphin while poor Maryssa is trying to run a household and steer clear of flying objects whenever her father and stepmother throw down. 

My mind is boggled that there were no other suitable caregivers for this girl besides David and Jen-hell.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Notice none of the CREW, who were standing around the camera, even seemed to care that Kaiser had touched it. Jenelle and David flipped out before there even was a problem, IMO. 

And you really see in that slow-motion version posted on the Janelle thread that Kaiser recognizes David's charge well before the cameraman and Kristen do. Kristen doesn't even look up until David is upon the child, and he's been whisked behind her by the time she can do a double-take. This is not to defend Kristen in any way... honestly, she disgusts me as much as Janelle does. It's one thing to be a sociopathic abuser, and another to make your money encouraging/baiting/validating and then documenting the sociopath, and each is damn near as vile as the other to me. 

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Oh man, I'm about to tear up just typing this. I sing and read to my beautiful children every night and it pains me to know that Kaiser will only get read or sang to if a camera is on him or for social media. This show is becoming too SICK for viewers to watch. Those poor kids. I hate UBT!!!!

Other than the physical abuse, this is one of the saddest things in my opinion. I love reading to my daughter every night! And it's about so much more than just reading the words on the pages. I run a public library and we give lessons to parents on the best ways to read to and help your children interact with books. The lack of vocabulary and familarity with reading is going to have a really negative impact on the poor little guy in so many ways.

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The public's retort to cast members is always, "They can't use what you don't give them," but they can certainly manipulate it.  I'm not saying that Jenelle isn't a heinous person, and David isn't scary, but it's a stretch to extrapolate everything about their lives from the small of amount of material we see, even without knowing that there could be clever editing or producer manipulation.

The thing is though, Jenelle, David, and most of the rest of these assholes have a pattern of conduct that goes far, far, extremely far (in the case of David, especially, being convicted of beating his pregnant girlfriend and throwing her out of a moving car) beyond just the few scenes we see on MTV every few months.  It is not like Jenelle, in her off time, has proven to be such a great person, anymore then Leah or Kail have. They have all, except maybe Chelsea, Cole, and Barb, have shown time and again what nasty people they are off camera. And, as CaliforniaLove pointed out, they purposely and perhaps even proudly show their asses on their SM's or any outlet that will pay them.

TBH, if anything, since the beginning MTV has tried to show these girls in the best light, even at the expense of other "lesser" cast members and the truth. But, as the saying goes, you can't polish a turd and turn it into gold. Jenelle has always been a turd and no matter how many babies she pops out, how many stupid dicks she throws herself on, or how much "Land" she buys, she is still nothing but a disgusting turd. The MTV producers, I'm sure, are blood sucking assholes, but even they couldn't make Jenelle worse then she already is since she is rock bottom.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 17
30 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

My son is 9 as well. Your post made me laugh because he recently wrote down the name of several animals with bad names in them - Jackass Penguin, African Dik Dik. Yup. It's that age. What can I get away with? Hahahaha! I have a 7 and 6 year old as well, and seeing the lives some of these kids live in comparison just breaks my heart. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Unless it was to the point where her kids were in danger because of it, I am not going to judge Chelsea on that. 

I kind of am going to judge her on that, but only because she is intent on convincing us she has a perfect storybook life.  I don't think she has any major maladjustments, but I do think she and Coley are fake as hell.  I know this is not a popular opinion, so I will now go hide under rhe sofa.  

36 minutes ago, londonfroglet said:

It's one thing to be a sociopathic abuser, and another to make your money encouraging/baiting/validating and then documenting the sociopath, and each is damn near as vile as the other to me. 

Double ribbit of agreement!  

Edited by Sprockets
indigestion
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I agree but it looks like he didn't even touch it.  Even if he did, they've let him play with it before anyway.  Poor confused kid.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

No wonder they’re all exhausted, they don’t delegate! Why should everyone be awake in the middle of the night. Take care of Stella in shifts so you can sleep. Or tell Brianna to do it and you’ll be there to help only. When all 4 adults in this situation are expected to be awake and present 24/7 of course everything seems overwhelming. 

Word. One person gets up, leaves lights off, goes quietly into living room, feeds, changes baby, settles baby, goes quietly back to bed. Everyone else remains sleeping. See how easy? WHY do they all have to get up, turn on every light, and start whinging? Stupid.

That picture of Watson made me squee. Those feet!! What an adorable nugget.

• Love 15
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

One person gets up, leaves lights off, goes quietly into living room, feeds, changes baby, settles baby, goes quietly back to bed. Everyone else remains sleeping.

Exactly.  Also, they have neighbors. . . .

• Love 5

but I do think she and Coley are fake as hell.  

I agree that they can both lay it on a bit thick sometimes...like when Chelsea was talking to Cole about the reception planning, and she asked if he felt bad because he wasn't available to help with every single detail of the planning, and he said something like "I always feel bad when I'm not there to help!". Like OK bud, we get it...but I do think he is a sincerely good guy, and that they share genuine love & affection for each other. It's a stark contrast to David's attempts to sound like a good guy by singing his threats in a high pitched voice (hold high pitched Cole jokes...it's too easy). 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, alexa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Ali originally said she did want to go fishing and then at the last minute decided otherwise.  Again, maybe not but there's so many different scenarios that could have happened with that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

I kind of am going to judge her on that, but only because she is intent on convincing us she has a perfect storybook life.  I don't think she has any major maladjustments, but I do think she and Coley are fake as hell.  I know this is not a popular opinion, so I will now go hide under rhe sofa.  

I guess I just don't see how having a messy house means you DON'T have a good life. Personally, I'm a bit OCD. I have a cleaning schedule and I get very antsy if I can't stick to it. I am always on my kids about putting stuff away. I purge the house of "junk" often. That's just my personality. Honestly, sometimes I wish I WEREN'T like that. There is so much more to life than cleaning. Sometimes people would rather just do other things, and as long as they don't have dead cats hidden under piles of garbage, I don't see the big deal. I respect everyone's opinion and I get that some don't care for Chelsea, but I'd think the fact that she allows her messy, lived-in house to be filmed just as it is shows how NOT fake she is. 

43 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I agree but it looks like he didn't even touch it.  Even if he did, they've let him play with it before anyway.  Poor confused kid.

You're RIGHT. He didn't even touch it! Oh my gosh, these people are just awful. 

• Love 24