Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love You, Mean It

nikita
  • Start Topic

Briana rushes Stella to the hospital. An unexpected court date threatens Kailyn’s vacation. Leah and Corey notice Gracie may need special attention. Chelsea attempts to modify Aubree’s custody agreement. Jenelle and David move forward with planning.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, druzy said:

I get confused with their names. Is Gracie the blonde twin? Do they go by their middle names?

Gracie is Aleeeeeeeeeah and Ali is Aliannah.  It took me a long time to get this right. Gracie goes by her middle name. I think they did that because saying "Aleeeeeeeeah" and "Ali" was so damn confusing and sounded too similar. 

ETA: @Miss Chevious we posted the same thing at the same time. :-)

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, druzy said:

Thanks @Miss Chevious & @GreatKazu!

Addy and Ali seem to be featured on the show more than Gracie. Maybe Gracie feels neglected and she is misbehaving. I'm only speculating on why she may need special attention. 

Not to mention, Leah and Cory treat them like twins rather than two separate individuals. I have always been bothered by twins, triplets, who are made to dress alike, participate in the same activities, treated like one being instead of separate beings. It is hard enough when a child feels neglected due to a sibling's health issues, being a twin only seems to add to that situation. Then, there is the whole issue with Gracie having to tend to her siblings while mama was zonked out on pillses. 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Not to mention, Leah and Cory treat them like twins rather than two separate individuals. I have always been bothered by twins, triplets, who are made to dress alike, participate in the same activities, treated like one being instead of separate beings. It is hard enough when a child feels neglected due to a sibling's health issues, being a twin only seems to add to that situation. Then, there is the whole issue with Gracie having to tend to her siblings while mama was zonked out on pillses. 

I'm with you on this one.  My daughter goes to school with a set of twins whose parents insist they do everything together.  They have to be in the same class and take the same electives. If one of them is sick, they both miss school.  At their end-of-year ceremony, they didn't get individual pictures like all of the other kids.  They had to have their pictures taken together.  They have to dress the same and wear their hair the same every day.  But, according to my daughter, when they are at school, they don't want to spend any time together. I'm sure its because they are sick of each other and want to be their own person.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm with you on this one.  My daughter goes to school with a set of twins whose parents insist they do everything together.  They have to be in the same class and take the same electives. If one of them is sick, they both miss school.  At their end-of-year ceremony, they didn't get individual pictures like all of the other kids.  They had to have their pictures taken together.  They have to dress the same and wear their hair the same every day.  But, according to my daughter, when they are at school, they don't want to spend any time together. I'm sure its because they are sick of each other and want to be their own person.

OMG poor kids! Even spouses get sick of each other and need space. Why do parents think siblings want to be attached to the hip 24/7? Idiots. 

Remember how Leah said the girlses needed to be in the same classroom? Why? How is Ali going to establish independence and learn to deal with things in her life if she is always being made to feel she has to have her sister by her side? Leah and Cory do this with the activities. Enough is enough. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Wow, those poor kids. I thought twins were deliberately placed into separate classrooms when they start school? That's what happened to my ex and his twin when they started kindergarten. My cousin also wanted his twin boys to be placed in the same class and the school said no. They were public school systems in different states (also, many years apart lol) so I always thought that was standard policy across all education systems.

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

OMG poor kids! Even spouses get sick of each other and need space. Why do parents think siblings want to be attached to the hip 24/7? Idiots. 

Remember how Leah said the girlses needed to be in the same classroom? Why? How is Ali going to establish independence and learn to deal with things in her life if she is always being made to feel she has to have her sister by her side? Leah and Cory do this with the activities. Enough is enough. 

My youngest was in a kindergarten class with a set of quints. When they went to first grade, the school wanted to put each quint into a different class because they felt it would help with their development. The mom pitched a huge fit and wanted all 5 together. She was certifiable. She also thought she shouldn't have to wait in the car line at pick up and managed to convince the school principal that she have a reserved space for her airport van that she drove them around it. She was a total PITA

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

My youngest was in a kindergarten class with a set of quints. When they went to first grade, the school wanted to put each quint into a different class because they felt it would help with their development. The mom pitched a huge fit and wanted all 5 together. She was certifiable. She also thought she shouldn't have to wait in the car line at pick up and managed to convince the school principal that she have a reserved space for her airport van that she drove them around it. She was a total PITA

Ugh. Sounds like she was bitch. 

I attended private school from 1st through 8th grade. There were two classrooms for each grade. Whenever twins enrolled, the school made sure to put them in different classrooms. Back then, the schools ruled, not the parents. 

• Love 20

I'm a twin (not identical) and we were in separate classrooms throughout grade school except for the 4th grade (we both got stuck with the worst teacher too).   Even though we don't look that much alike, we were still mixed up by teachers and schoolmates.   That's why we decided to go to separate high schools because we wanted our own identity outside of "twin".  I'm sure Gracie and Ali are getting sick of being "twin" instead of "individual"

• Love 16

Mom of identical twin girls here.  It depends on the school.  My girlses were in pre-k and K together and sat at the same table because they wanted to.  In pre-K the teacher did have to separate them because they would do each other's work depending on which one was better at which task the assignment was. lol  In Grade K the teacher let them sit beside each other at the same table and it was fine.  They did still tend to do each other's work.  (My girls were severely preemie and one had 3 brain bleeds in the NICU which has caused developmental delays.  She was placed in resource.  I've discussed before what a nightmare school and her IEP were.  We homeschool them now.)  It helped me for them to be in the same class because the developmentally delayed one couldn't articulate things that went on at school, but her sister could.

For 1st grade they wanted to be in different classes.  When school started and they each went to their own rooms, they didn't like it and I had to hear them crying every morning.  They thought they wanted to be separated but when it came down to it they were upset about it.  I think they thought they had to be separated because of stuff adults say.  

They do each have their own interests, but they are also best friends.  They do things like pick the same outfit but in different colors.  They sleep together at night even though they each have their own bed.  They both gravitate towards the same friends.  I could go on and on all day.  Believe me, my husband and I have tried to curb these behaviors, but the identical twin bond is strong.   They do what they do naturally and that is part of their personalities.

• Love 21

Fraternal twin (my twin is also female) here. My parents encouraged us to develop our own personalities and interests and thank God for it. We are so remarkably different in terms of interests, personalities, likes and dislikes, everything. My aunt once said that if my twin and I hadn't been born into the same family we would have never met and I totally agree. The owner of our preschool had identical twin daughters who were in high school when we were enrolled at the preschool, and these girls still dressed exactly alike and were like Siamese twins. Our preschool teachers automatically assumed that because Jenny and Patty (the owner's daughters) felt lost without the other, we would to, and whenever our two classes combined for an activity we were forced to pair up while everyone else got to buddy up with a different person each time. Thankfully our teachers in elementary school and junior high saw us as two individuals, and we went to separate high schools so it wasn't even an issue. 

• Love 6

I knew some twins in college who were more than joined at the hip. Say their names were Ashley and Mary. They would literally answer the phone, "hi! This is Ashley and Mary!" Ummmm, I'm pretty sure only one of you is talking. Which one?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I knew some twins in college who were more than joined at the hip. Say their names were Ashley and Mary. They would literally answer the phone, "hi! This is Ashley and Mary!" Ummmm, I'm pretty sure only one of you is talking. Which one?

You went to college with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen? Too cool! Juuuuuust playin' ?

Unless of course, you DID?? ?

• Love 11
7 hours ago, druzy said:

Thanks @Miss Chevious & @GreatKazu!

Addy and Ali seem to be featured on the show more than Gracie. Maybe Gracie feels neglected and she is misbehaving. I'm only speculating on why she may need special attention. 

I would shoot my shit if they actually got Gracie in a Sib Shop! I know there has to be some in WV! I would've loved to have gone to one as a child but in the 1990s Don Meyer (the founder) was just getting off the ground- now they are international. Someone please acknowledge how having a sibling with MD affects Addy and Gracie. (Especially Gracie being a twin). But I won't hold my breath. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Apparently Janelle was pre-warned about tonight's episode and deleted twitter.

Got to be something bad coming 

I rarely watch live -- but I'm watching live tonight.

• Love 4

So, so great to hear Cory talking about getting Gracie into therapy (and having Ali in a wheelchair, finally!).  The dynamic between twins when one of them has such a serious medical condition must be really complex, and recognizing that Gracie might need some professional support with that is very mature compared with the way Cory and Leah sometimes handle Ali's medical stuff.

David is so fucking sketchy, it seems like the producers are very put off by him too.  When other people have refused to film before it seems like the producers have been more direct in confronting them about it (Farrah, Adam, etc), but they really softballed David and Jenelle.  I wonder about them feeling nervous around them, David is deeply unsettling and Jenelle goes along with everything.

• Love 15

When the producer said they'd come back tomorrow I would've been like, c'ya-and never returned.

Cut off their purse strings.

But then, who knows what he might have done. Sad as it is, those producers might be Jenelle's only lifeline.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Kail: "He's ruining the last family vacation we'll have!"  Bitch,you take a vacation every month.

Do you think Kail is this cunty with everything in life?

Kail to the father of Suds: "If you don't get me knocked up with a girl, my life is screwed. I will have to try again to make sure I have a girl."

Kail to her OB/GYN: "You can't tell me I am having a boy. I already have TWO BOYS! I need a girl!"

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Ffiferoo said:

David is so fucking sketchy, it seems like the producers are very put off by him too.  When other people have refused to film before it seems like the producers have been more direct in confronting them about it (Farrah, Adam, etc), but they really softballed David and Jenelle.  I wonder about them feeling nervous around them, David is deeply unsettling and Jenelle goes along with everything.

The Producers got right into their van.  With other men on the series, they would have continued to film/annoy.  They know that David is violent and unpredictable.  Putting themselves at risk for a filmed fight just wasn't worth it for them that day.

• Love 23

Is it wrong that I don't care that David obviously beat the shit out of Jenelle? I fear for the kids and wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them, and I don't condone abuse at all, but Jenelle is such a vile horrible person that her kids best chance may be with her missing on the land and UBT in jail for life. Otherwise they are in for a life of abuse from UBT and neglect from her. Even if she were to get away from David she would just find someone just as bad if not worse.

• Love 24

The scene with Leah and Gracie at the end almost really did make me cry. I know of some twins from my Sib Group and when Gracie said "is it my fault?" Hot damn.....I'm just thankful she isn't 30 years old asking that question out loud for the first time. I have to say I never struggled with feeling like my sister disablity was MY FAULT or that I didn't get attention (granted I'm not a twin), but these are common themes.

I hope poor baby Stella is alright- from the promo it looks serious. As awful as Brianna is I don't doubt she wants her baby to be healthy. Kailyn can just shush herself. 

Listening to Kaiser wail while David and Jenelle were taking photos, and poor Jace checked out was awful. 

• Love 22
9 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

The hillbilly clan started calling her Gracie (her middle name is Grace) because her first name was too close to ''Leah" and they kept getting confused by too much similarity. 

Because they didn't realize that would happen when Leah gave them the same names.  So Grcie might finally get whatever passes for therapy in Possum Holler?  I was wondering how long they would ignore how she mistreats her sister.  

27 minutes ago, Ffiferoo said:

David is so fucking sketchy, it seems like the producers are very put off by him too. 

When he left, did he say he was going to the hardware store "for my wedding?"  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Yes, Gracie is Ali's twin and their real names are Aleeah and Aliannah. The hillbilly clan started calling her Gracie (her middle name is Grace) because her first name was too close to ''Leah" and they kept getting confused by too much similarity. 

Yep, the IQ fairy surely skipped this part of the Holler.

Damn . It confuses me too!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, mscav said:

Is it wrong that I don't care that David obviously beat the shit out of Jenelle? I fear for the kids and wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them,

Jenelle makes her own choices.  Those kids should all be taken away.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 19