Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love You, Mean It

nikita
  • Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That picture of Watson made me squee. Those feet!! What an adorable nugget.

Watson has that Houska build.  Randy's big legs - Aubree and Chelsea have them too.

I can't wait for David to mess with the wrong person.  Of course, he is a coward who only picks on those smaller and weaker.  But I long for the day he underestimates someone and gets put in a full-body cast.

• Love 22
On 10/10/2017 at 1:54 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Poor Kaiser and Endtable. They are both young enough to still that perspective adoptive parents would be falling all over themselves to adopt them. I wish BrandonAndTheresa would come take them away, or at least take Endtable and drop Kaiser off to Grandma Doris. No wonder Jace doesn't want to go over there. Poor Maryssa. She has seen some sh*t. All those kids are going to have PTSD. 

Something bad is going to happen on The Land. Mark my word. Probably to a child or Jenelle. But I also wouldn't put it past David (with Jenelle as an accomplice during or after) killing a producer, Barb, or Doris, either. If I was a producer, I sure as hell wouldn't say anything to David to his face. (But I'd excuse myself to Jenelle's bathroom and dial 911.) 

Even if CPS had been called to the scene of the Save the Date photo shoot and witnessed what happened first hand, I still doubt that would be enough to get the kids taken away. Sadly, you have to almost kill your kids before CPS takes them. They're underfunded, under-resourced, and overworked. Sad but true - I definitely think what's going on qualifies as awful abuse...but I don't think CPS could really act on that when kids are being burned with irons by their parents or routinely sexually abused. Kaiser screaming "Feed me!" is heartbreaking but CPS has to worry about the kids that are extremely underweight because their parents are intentionally literally starving them. It's so very sad.

My son is a few months younger than Kaiser and he'd never yell or say "Feed me!" What an odd thing. My son would say "I'm hungry" or "I want dinner" or "I want food." Never "feed me." Sounds like poor Kai has often heard Jenelle's scream "Feed him" at David when Kai is crying.  

How old is Maryssa? She is such a beautiful girl but so tragically (and understandably) beautifully sad. 

ETA: I had a dream last nigh that I had another baby, a girl. (I have a boy and a girl, and that's all I'm having - by choice - as I had my Fallopian tubes removed). Waking up from that dream, all I could think of was poor Ensley, who is a few months younger than my little girl. I'd gladly take Ensley if no one else would. Poor baby.

So a few episodes ago I posted how I felt kaiser used food as comfort. I totally agree with you as my daughter is also about 6-10 months younger than kaiser (I don't know his birthday) I believe the only way he gets attention half the time is when they are shoving food at him to "shut him up"! So even that negative five seconds of attention is still attention. 

A few other things on kaiser:

* did anyone notice his face light up and him wave and smile to the MTV crew? The look on his face was one of relief. I think even at that young age he knows that if they are filming he will be treated slightly better. 

* did anyone see how he hit Jace and then said "SHUT UP JACE!" When Jace said "ow he hit me!" Sound familiar? How many times has uncle ID channel hit Jenelle where he has then told her to shut up! OR WORSE how many times has UBT hit kaiser or Jace or marissa has hit them and said shut up? 

All all around a disturbing scene to say the least...

• Love 24
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I apologize in advance if this was asked and answered. Who said Love you, mean it in this episode? 

I think it might be a joke. I have a friend who says this, after she has reamed me out for all the choices I have ever made in my life. The phrase gives me hives. I think it might be spliced with Jace saying "just kidding" several times.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Why should everyone be awake in the middle of the night. Take care of Stella in shifts so you can sleep. Or tell Brianna to do it and you’ll be there to help only. When all 4 adults in this situation are expected to be awake and present 24/7 of course everything seems overwhelming. 

I agree with your entire post. I specifically wanted to respond to this part of it. 

Briana, Nova, and Stella share a room. I am baffled myself as to why the whole house must be awaken for the middle of the night feedings. Why is it Briana cannot just walk out into the living room and feed her child? It is as if they are all purposely taking advantage of the camera to take digs at Luis and to show how hard they have it and how much they are all suffering. If anyone watches the scene again, check out when Brittany stands up to get Stella out of Briana's arms. She quickly glances over to the camera and makes a remark about how Luis should be there to do what she is doing. It was quick and what she said was a bit muffled, but that is what she said. I am so tired of her remarks and I am so tired of hearing their complaints. You know what, it is time to stop this shit and just deal with the issue at hand. It is a situation Briana created because she chose not to abort. She chose not to hand over the child to Luis. She chose not to go through with the faux adoption threat. She chose to keep the child in spite of all the many glaring red flags. 

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Sometimes people would rather just do other things, and as long as they don't have dead cats hidden under piles of garbage, I don't see the big deal. I respect everyone's opinion and I get that some don't care for Chelsea, but I'd think the fact that she allows her messy, lived-in house to be filmed just as it is shows how NOT fake she is. 

Good point. With all the faux and fakery we watch on this show, it is nice to see when the real stuff isn't altered or changed just because the cameras are around. If only Chelsea would remove the damn make-up so we can see the real face. 

I remember a scene when the cameras went into Kail's bedroom when she was married to Javi. She quickly moved a pile of clothes that were placed on a chair. As much snark as she received for the pile of clothes, I felt it was a real moment. It was something I could relate to. You can walk into my house right now and see a very clean home. Walk into my bedroom and you will see four loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away and clutter. I recently went to a relative's home for a birthday party. I offered to change her baby's diaper during the party. She told me, "Please don't judge me when you go up the stairs." I saw some toys on the stair steps and then saw a pile of clothes and other items strewn around at the top.  It is the reality of having kids in a home. There is a difference between clutter like what Kail and Chelsea have in their homes versus what Leah's home and cars look like. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, JuliesMommy said:

From my experience of dealing with woman who are battered or in a similar situation(not saying in ANY way jennelle is a victim) but they always seem to carry the guilt and the obligation to keep up a fake ass facade that everything is "perfect". I think they (i.e woman in that type of situation) think if they tell themselves and everyone else that everything is perfect, it'll eventually be that way. Again..jmo

FML!!! Im dying at your post!!! On Jesus this is TRUE!!! ??????

Right but Jenelle is not a typical abuse victim. I actually meant it more as a whole...with all the things Jenelle says on camera that we KNOW are lies, not just in regard to David, but everything - does she believe the lies she's telling or does she think we are all so dumb and she so clever that she's fooling us but she actually recognizes the that she's lying...I hope that makes sense. It's hard to tell if she's like Kailyn, who I believe is fully aware when she's full of shit, or not. Jenelle might actually believe the shit she says. Sociopaths are hard to read.

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

When you put it that way.....damn. They don't even seem the same age at all. 

It's crazy they are the same age and not just because Marysa looks older. 

1 hour ago, druzy said:

I apologize in advance if this was asked and answered. Who said Love you, mean it in this episode? 

I take that as sarcasm about David in regard to Jenelle....

• Love 6
2 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

A few other things on kaiser:

* did anyone notice his face light up and him wave and smile to the MTV crew? The look on his face was one of relief. I think even at that young age he knows that if they are filming he will be treated slightly better. 

* did anyone see how he hit Jace and then said "SHUT UP JACE!" When Jace said "ow he hit me!" Sound familiar? How many times has uncle ID channel hit Jenelle where he has then told her to shut up! OR WORSE how many times has UBT hit kaiser or Jace or marissa has hit them and said shut up? 

I posted a few pages back about Kaiser throwing that item at Jace and hitting him in the back. I also mentioned how all of those kids have been accused or have been shown hitting each other.  Except for Maryssa, each one of those kids has hit the other on camera. Maryssa was accused of hitting Jace. Endtable is too young. Give her time. 

Obviously, Kaiser is not treated better with the MTV crew around. They stood around and did absolutely nothing to defend Kaiser from being accused of touching the camera (he didn't), the producer tried with all her might to inquire about the fight from the previous day. Rather than read the room, she just continued to hammer on about the fight that David clearly was not going to admit happened. Why enrage that person? What good will that do? There are kids around and they don't need to be reminded of the previous day where they were all held hostage by that SOB as he went berserk on all of them. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 15

I'd have paid Luis to have told Briana and the coven "Briana, why don't you pump a night's worth of breast milk and I'll take my daughter back to my house for the night so you can get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep." They wouldn't have known what to say or do (but of course somehow it still wouldn't be good enough and they'd find something wrong). They're the worst.

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

There is a difference between clutter like what Kail and Chelsea have in their homes versus what Leah's home and cars look like. 

Absolutely true.  

10 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

They wouldn't have known what to say. . .

"He's kidnapping Stella!!!!"

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Absolutely true.  

"He's kidnapping Stella!!!!"

"I cannnnnn'ttttttt with this guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" - how many freaking times has Roxanne said that? The funny thing is SHE doesn't have to do anything "with this guy" - Briana does. I'm sick of Roxanne the most (of the coven).

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 22

Don't they (Roxanne, Brianna, and Nova- the 'friends of') get paid per episode they appear in?  Adam and Nathan have both said this, I think.  Anyone else recall that?

Edited by MissMel
Luis as well, I imagine.
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Don't they (Roxanne, Brianna, and Nova- the 'friends of') get paid per episode they appear in?  Adam and Nathan have both said this, I think.  Anyone else recall that?

I don't recall that at all. I know Adam took to social media and revealed he was paid upwards of $285k a season. They get less than the Teen Moms. They all get paid one check at the end of the season. They sign contracts before they film:  

ADAM PAY.jpg

• Love 3

Whew, just read through all the comments! Mostly of the good stuff has been said, but one thing I wonder about is whether the coven is breaking any apartment rules. My apartment has a policy that you can only have two people per bedroom. Maybe they claim that either Nova or Stella sleeps in a different room, or haven't told management about Stella, but won't they find out when they watch them on national tv? Maybe the coven is counting on a new house with their MTV earnings. 

I usually don't tear up at things on tv, but I honestly started crying during Leah and Gracie's conversation. It's so heartbreaking to know that the little girl not only thinks Ali's condition is her fault, but has theorized as to why (because she's tall). She probably feels guilty of the resentful feelings she has for Ali, and that tears me up!

kail...insufferable as always. 

Jenelle has been pretty well discussed, but mannnnnn, do I hate her!!! I really don't care if David kills her. I know that sounds mean, but it would be in the best interest of the kids. I always feared for her life until I heard her talk to barb at Kaiser' party. That was the turning point for me, because it showed me she was beyond ever developing human feelings, or any sense of decency. I have never felt this much hatred towards anyone else in my life!!! The way she yelled the F bomb at Kaiser broke my heart, too. 

I laughed when Cole whined about haaaating not helping Chelsea! Ummmm dude, you WORK all day! And you still have time to get off work to come to his appointments and such. Coley, you are more than pulling your weight! Chelsea can take the lead planning the damn party without you feeling sooooooo bad!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

This!  You could totally see into Aubree's room/playroom when she opened the door; such a mess.  I am not a cleaner, and I let my kids' have messy rooms, BUT this was never seen on TV.

Aubree has it really good if the worst thing at her house is a mess.  It happens.  She is loved and taken care of, I'm not going to worry about the mess.  

• Love 24

You could totally see into Aubree's room/playroom when she opened the door; such a mess.  I am not a cleaner, and I let my kids' have messy rooms, BUT this was never seen on TV.

@luvbadtv I am not seeing what difference it makes whether it is on television or not. You admit your child's room is a mess. So is Aubree's. They are children. Perhaps Chelsea is not on her about cleaning her room the same way you are with your children, and the way other parents are with their children. If we are to watch what Aubree's life is at home, then seeing how she has a not-so clean room is just part of the reality. Aubree doesn't care or even know about the judgment and snark by a bunch of strangers who watch this show. Aubree might care down the road about what was shown on television, but it would likely be for how her father didn't care that he was shown to be a deadbeat from the start and how he is also a meth head. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I don't like watching Briana but at this point I'd rather they add Mackenzie and take away all of the rest or just kill the show. They all suck to watch, for various reasons.

I wonder if Jenelle truly believes what she says or if she just thinks other people are dumber than herself and she's narcissistic enough to think she's fooling the majority of viewers?

I still think part of Ali's "problem" is that she's more intelligent than most of the people around her, that would be so frustrating, on top of her other frustrations. I'm not sure it was so much that they didn't want/let her fish and not that she didn't want to fish. Or maybe they had been there awhile and she already fished and was bored of it or tired. People who let her walk and play anywhere, including tball, aren't going to say she can't fish. If anything Cory could just help her reel catches in and it's less physical activity than most things we see her doing.

I agree. Ali does seem unusually intelligent to me, especially compared to her dim parents. She seems to have a good vocabulary.  She probably gets bored quickly. 

@Sprockets I'm with you on Chelsea and Cole. I know it's an unpopular opinion and I think Cole really is a very nice man, but I also find something fake about them. Not that they're faking their happiness with one another, I'm certain they are indeed happy, but it's always *very* over the top on camera. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Gracie is the "bad kid" in their family and Ali is the "good kid" - I've seen this a lot in families...they often seem blind to the fact "good kid" isn't always totally innocent. I'm sure it's ultra magnified because of Ali having MD. Gracie is the scapegoat.

How was Gracie a scapegoat when Ali asked for beef jerky, Leah was handing it to her, Gracie intercepted, wouldn't pass it to Ali and then when Ali tried to take it, Gracie wallops her? I mean good for Ali for walloping her back, but I found it really chilling when Gracie explained to Leah, "Ali didn't ask for the jerky [from me]." Why is she creepily trying to exert that sort of control over Ali? There have been little disturbing moments like that here and there over several seasons where Gracie seems to monitor and police what Ali does, down to her feelings and motivations.

Oh, and Gracie lied immediately to her mother about what had just happened.

• Love 15

The pepperoni rolls looked like they were from Sheetz. It’s a very popular gas station chain in WV (it’s in almost all the tiny towns even). To be fair, Sheetz has a pretty large made-to-order menu that includes everything from subs and salads to hamburgers and pizza , so when Leah’s kids say they want to stop at a gas station for a meal, I assume that’s what they mean.* The pepperoni rolls are pre-packaged though. And damn are they good.**

*I’m not under any delusion that Leah is actually feeding her kids salads from the gas station. Just throwing it out there that WV does have a major gas station chain that has a restaurant inside. 

**I haven’t lived in WV since I was 18, but I like to introduce everyone I meet to the wonderful-ness of pepperoni rolls. They even serve them for school lunches back home. They’re super easy to make at home and taste better. Just use frozen dinner rolls and fill with pepperoni.  

• Love 12

OMG poor Kaiser. Poor Jace. Holy shit.

I noticed how many times the camera lingered on Ensley's head.

I am predicting that Gracie will be the first to get her own reality show. And it will incorporate exotic dancing. And she'll probably be over 18. 

I am trying to convince Mr. Guilfoyle to adopt Kaiser. He reminds me so much of my own little love bug. Sturdy build and all.  I just want to cuddle him until he won't let me anymore.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, nikita said:

How was Gracie a scapegoat when Ali asked for beef jerky, Leah was handing it to her, Gracie intercepted, wouldn't pass it to Ali and then when Ali tried to take it, Gracie wallops her? I mean good for Ali for walloping her back, but I found it really chilling when Gracie explained to Leah, "Ali didn't ask for the jerky [from me]." Why is she creepily trying to exert that sort of control over Ali? There have been little disturbing moments like that here and there over several seasons where Gracie seems to monitor and police what Ali does, down to her feelings and motivations.

Gracie also said to Ali, in a stern fashion, "I'm gonna slap you in the mouth!" right after Leah took away the jerky from her.  She then said to Leah how she deserved to slap Ali because of the slap to the face she received. Interesting that Ali never told Leah that Gracie hit her when she was asked why she hit Gracie.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, nikita said:

I never said she was in this scenario. In fact, I wrote at length about the jerky situation and how Aleeah straight up hit Ali first in a previous post. I just think in some other situations Aleeah has been made the scapegoat and been given blame too quickly, however. It's easy to do when a lot of the time she IS at fault, so I see how it happens. This happens in many families where one kid gets in trouble a lot, it's hard not to assume they're at fault when the "good kid" is crying. In the jerky scenario Aleeah was 100% wrong.

2 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

The pepperoni rolls looked like they were from Sheetz. It’s a very popular gas station chain in WV (it’s in almost all the tiny towns even). To be fair, Sheetz has a pretty large made-to-order menu that includes everything from subs and salads to hamburgers and pizza , so when Leah’s kids say they want to stop at a gas station for a meal, I assume that’s what they mean.* The pepperoni rolls are pre-packaged though. And damn are they good.**

*I’m not under any delusion that Leah is actually feeding her kids salads from the gas station. Just throwing it out there that WV does have a major gas station chain that has a restaurant inside. 

**I haven’t lived in WV since I was 18, but I like to introduce everyone I meet to the wonderful-ness of pepperoni rolls. They even serve them for school lunches back home. They’re super easy to make at home and taste better. Just use frozen dinner rolls and fill with pepperoni.  

Are we sure she has one in her area? I remember looking her area up awhile ago and there wasn't much around at all. I don't know how many houses/trailers that was ago, though. Sheetz is awesome, I went to a few in Virginia.

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Gracie also said to Ali, in a stern fashion, "I'm gonna slap you in the mouth!" right after Leah took away the jerky from her.  She then said to Leah how she deserved to slap Ali because of the slap to the face she received. Interesting that Ali never told Leah that Gracie hit her when she was asked why she hit Gracie.

I mentioned that in a previous post, I wish she had when Leah asked her why she slapped Aleeah. It's so odd she didn't.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4

I think in some other situations Gracie has been made the scapegoat and been given blame too quickly, however. It's easy to do when a lot of the time she IS at fault, so I see how it happens.

I can see this being the case. 

I can also see Ali escalating the situation with her crying. I can't blame her for crying after being hit by Gracie, but I can't help but wonder if she cries knowing the adults will immediately go after Gracie because of how the adults do blame her too quickly. The crying Ali did in Cory's truck could have been her just crying on cue to get her dad's attention and get Gracie in trouble. Granted, we didn't see what preceded that fight. We just know from Cory that Gracie had Ali's toy. Was she taunting her with it? Did she take it from her? Did she get back at her for insisting she wanted to leave immediately when Gracie didn't want to leave? I can't say. I just know from having children myself a child will sometimes over-dramatize a situation just to get a parent's attention quick and hopefully, watch a sibling get in trouble. 

• Love 12

The save the date photo scenes were the most disturbing scenes I have seen on TV. They make Ryan's driving while under the influence look like a picnic by comparison. (if only because it was 2 adults, no children) In reading the faces when the producer was asking Jenelle and David about the previous day, I got the sense that David was not aware that Jenelle had been texting the women, as he shot her a look and Jenelle immediately moved away, and physically looked away from him. Maryssa had that shell-shocked "here we go again" look. The whole scenario was oh so cold and chilling.  When David "escorted" Kaiser to the swing, I didn't get the same read as many of you posted - he took him by the upper arm and marched him to the swing. I would have called cps myself if he had grabbed him by the wrist and picked him off the ground, or even roughly snatched him up and replanted him at the swing. But the fact that his reaction was just so swift and firm WITH the camera rolling gives me pause as to what happens when there are no cameras. 

I am trying to figure out what educational value scenes such as these have for teen moms, other than, "if you are a pregnant teen and apply to appear on the TM franchise, the more messed up you are, the more MTV will reward you." MTV has tons of culpability and no moral turpitude for filming the likes of Jenelle and her shitstorm, Ryan and his messed up life, or Amber or Farrah and company. They are not "real" and they are in no way role models.

I firmly feel that since Jenelle is not the custodial parent for Jace, who gave her her initial teen mom gig, MTV should cease filming Jenelle and David and instead, make those segments Barbara and Jace. She's no saint, but at least she is trying to do the best she can with a shit situation. 

We need to form a "free Kaiser" defense fund and get him to a safe house, STAT.

• Love 20
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I agree with your entire post. I specifically wanted to respond to this part of it. 

Briana, Nova, and Stella share a room. I am baffled myself as to why the whole house must be awaken for the middle of the night feedings. Why is it Briana cannot just walk out into the living room and feed her child? It is as if they are all purposely taking advantage of the camera to take digs at Luis and to show how hard they have it and how much they are all suffering. If anyone watches the scene again, check out when Brittany stands up to get Stella out of Briana's arms. She quickly glances over to the camera and makes a remark about how Luis should be there to do what she is doing. It was quick and what she said was a bit muffled, but that is what she said. I am so tired of her remarks and I am so tired of hearing their complaints. You know what, it is time to stop this shit and just deal with the issue at hand. It is a situation Briana created because she chose not to abort. She chose not to hand over the child to Luis. She chose not to go through with the faux adoption threat. She chose to keep the child in spite of all the many glaring red flags. 

Good point. With all the faux and fakery we watch on this show, it is nice to see when the real stuff isn't altered or changed just because the cameras are around. If only Chelsea would remove the damn make-up so we can see the real face. 

I remember a scene when the cameras went into Kail's bedroom when she was married to Javi. She quickly moved a pile of clothes that were placed on a chair. As much snark as she received for the pile of clothes, I felt it was a real moment. It was something I could relate to. You can walk into my house right now and see a very clean home. Walk into my bedroom and you will see four loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away and clutter. I recently went to a relative's home for a birthday party. I offered to change her baby's diaper during the party. She told me, "Please don't judge me when you go up the stairs." I saw some toys on the stair steps and then saw a pile of clothes and other items strewn around at the top.  It is the reality of having kids in a home. There is a difference between clutter like what Kail and Chelsea have in their homes versus what Leah's home and cars look like. 

In response the clutter.

I could NOT have agreed more. I used to go in panic attack mode when I'd get a phone call from someone saying "Oh hey! I'm in the area and want to stop by - 15 minutes coffee?" Oooooooooooh hell naw! Girlfriend knows I have three kids two of them in diapers! I nearly broke my neck one time rushing piles of laundry upstairs to my bedroom where they would stay in shame until my AWESOMELY unpredictable friend leaves after coffee. ??

My house isn't DIRTY, it's lived in with a few "I'll get it tomorrow I'm off to bed" thrown into the mix. How I see it is, as long as your bathrooms are clean, the kitchen is free of dishes and crumbs on the counter the home can be in somewhat a disarray. There's a huge difference between clutter and dirty. 

• Love 15

Pepperoni rolls are best enjoyed directly from the oven and freshly buttered. I also make a marinara sauce to accompany mine and will add pepper jack cheese before baking for my spouse. 

signed, an actual West Virginian 

IMG_6080.JPG

Edited by Susie Derkins
My spelling is not very well
  • Love 24
9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

My apartment has a policy that you can only have two people per bedroom. 

It's possible your apartment complex is making up their own rules.  In rental units, the allowed number of people per square feet is determined by the Health Department for each state.  These laws are very specific, but they don't talk about who sleeps in what room, because it's not anyone's business.  

I don't think all the nightime yelling and camera crew turmoil is something I would put up with if I were their neighbor.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I can see this being the case. 

I can also see Ali escalating the situation with her crying. I can't blame her for crying after being hit by Gracie, but I can't help but wonder if she cries knowing the adults will immediately go after Gracie because of how the adults do blame her too quickly. The crying Ali did in Cory's truck could have been her just crying on cue to get her dad's attention and get Gracie in trouble. Granted, we didn't see what preceded that fight. We just know from Cory that Gracie had Ali's toy. Was she taunting her with it? Did she take it from her? Did she get back at her for insisting she wanted to leave immediately when Gracie didn't want to leave? I can't say. I just know from having children myself a child will sometimes over-dramatize a situation just to get a parent's attention quick and hopefully, watch a sibling get in trouble. 

This is what I was trying to explain too. I just sucked at it because I'm sleep deprived ? 

1 hour ago, Susie Derkins said:

Pepperoni rolls are best enjoyed directly from the oven and freshly buttered. I also make a marinara sauce to accompany mine and will add pepper jack cheese before baking for my spouse. 

signed, an actual West Virginia 

IMG_6080.JPG

Those look and sound way better than the prepackaged gas station kind, "actual West Virginia" ?  Maybe I should try making some with veggie pepperoni...

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Susie Derkins said:

IMG_6080.JPG

Oh, looks like a kolache!  (Central Texan here)

Occupancy laws in my city are two per bedroom on the lease but infants don't count and I don't think it matters the arrangement inside. 

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Calm81 said:

How I see it is, as long as your bathrooms are clean, the kitchen is free of dishes and crumbs on the counter the home can be in somewhat a disarray. There's a huge difference between clutter and dirty. 

I completely agree, but neither of us has signed a contract for our homes to be filmed.  I would never, ever sign such a thing, but if I had, my place would look like a magazine spread.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Susie Derkins said:

IMG_6080.JPG

Recipe please!!!

• Love 4

So I’m not going to go into everything with the photo shoot, it’s been discussed, but what was up with Janelle’s jittery affect the whole time? She was in a near panic because she was sweating or something? Was she coming down from something? Had they been there a long time? Was she expecting a blow up and trying to get the camera crew gone before they could film it?

i have 2 theories about why there was no photographer. 1. David threatened the photographer over who the fuck knows what. 2. They have already blown through all of Janelle’s money and can’t pay for anything that MTV isn’t comping. I actually think it’s #2(with a little of #1). I’ve suspected they’re broke for most of this season (I actually think that’s why David wants Janelle to get custody of Jace. He wants the child support to Barb to stop.) ever since the midnight move due to “mold”. That was an eviction if I ever saw one. 

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I completely agree, but neither of us has signed a contract for our homes to be filmed.  I would never, ever sign such a thing, but if I had, my place would look like a magazine spread.  

I feel Kail has done this with her house....and people still make fun of her...calling it a pinterest house etc.  They can't win no matter what when it comes to the houses.   

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I never said she was in this scenario. In fact, I wrote at length about the jerky situation and how Aleeah straight up hit Ali first in a previous post. I just think in some other situations Aleeah has been made the scapegoat and been given blame too quickly, however. It's easy to do when a lot of the time she IS at fault, so I see how it happens. This happens in many families where one kid gets in trouble a lot, it's hard not to assume they're at fault when the "good kid" is crying. In the jerky scenario Aleeah was 100% wrong.

Are we sure she has one in her area? I remember looking her area up awhile ago and there wasn't much around at all. I don't know how many houses/trailers that was ago, though. Sheetz is awesome, I went to a few in Virginia.

I mentioned that in a previous post, I wish she had when Leah asked her why she slapped Aleeah. It's so odd she didn't.

Judging by what I’ve seen on the show (4 lane roads, nail salons...plus I know she lives in the most populated county in the state) her area is less rural than my hometown and my parents have at least four Sheetz within half an hour-45 minutes of their house (everything here is at least half an hour away). Most of them in one stoplight towns. So I’d be surprised if she didn’t. But I’m from the other side of the state, so I’m not super familiar with her particular area. Us in the eastern panhandle consider her area to be the “urban” part of the state. Ha!

ETA: Out is curiosity, I checked and I stand corrected. Elkview surprisingly does not have a Sheetz! There is one half an hour away though on the other side of Charleston. I’m still jealous she’s so close to a highway though. 

Edited by Ladystardust
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree. Ali does seem unusually intelligent to me, especially compared to her dim parents. She seems to have a good vocabulary.  She probably gets bored quickly. 

@Sprockets I'm with you on Chelsea and Cole. I know it's an unpopular opinion and I think Cole really is a very nice man, but I also find something fake about them. Not that they're faking their happiness with one another, I'm certain they are indeed happy, but it's always *very* over the top on camera. 

I kind of get what you are saying about Chelsea. Her emotions and reactions are almost always at a level 10. So when everything is the mostest great or awful for her it’s hard to know if anything is truly great or awful. I think she is emotionally very immature. 

As for her cluttered house, it is not how I would choose to live but I don’t have a problem with it. The few times we’ve seen her in the kitchen making cakes and stuff the kitchen has looked nice and clean. Plus we’ve never seen her child pick up poop and offer it to a visitor.  As long as your house is poop free and the food prep area is clean I don’t mind whatever else you do.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

It does!  Damn you all and your discussions about pepperoni and kolache-type yumminess!!

Ok, now I’m curious as to what a kolache is!!

1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

It does!  Damn you all and your discussions about pepperoni and kolache-type yumminess!!

Ok, now I’m curious as to what a kolache is!!

3 hours ago, Susie Derkins said:

IMG_6080.JPG

Please, please, please tell me you are coming on the road trip to drink with Barb and give a whooping to Jenelle? Those look delicious!

• Love 6

We have a Sheetz 'round the corner and it is AWESOME. It's not a "gas station" like you might think of at all. They have great sandwiches and a full menu. My dad recently had a heart attack and eats a very strict diet and he can find plenty of options there.

That said...that's obviously not what Leah buys there. I don't think she knows much about nutrition at all. I don't expect people to go all-organic and vegan for their kids but fruit alongside a normal deli sandwich would be nice sometimes. All we ever see them eating is total junk. I've noticed it with Jenelle too, obviously, but even Kail as well. Every time they're out to eat, Isaac and Lincoln are eating chicken tenders and fries.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 1

THanks to all this talk about pepperoni rolls and kolaches  I am making a massive red velvet pancake.   I mean, I had no choice. Be prepared for lots of sugar high posts for me today.

0BC512F7-F1DB-459D-8F61-E396FEFFB966.jpeg

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 8

In Chicago we have kolaczki, but they are cookies.  Actually you can make them with meat, but I guess they are smaller than these.

10 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I am trying to convince Mr. Guilfoyle to adopt Kaiser. He reminds me so much of my own little love bug. Sturdy build and all.  I just want to cuddle him until he won't let me anymore.

Oh, if Kaiser is up for grabs, I am submitting myself to be first in line.  I would adopt him in a second.  He reminds me of my four year old "baby" too.  If I showed up on THE LAND and he was wandering around outside, unattended... would I be in the right to take him home?

5 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I could NOT have agreed more. I used to go in panic attack mode when I'd get a phone call from someone saying "Oh hey! I'm in the area and want to stop by - 15 minutes coffee?" Oooooooooooh hell naw! Girlfriend knows I have three kids two of them in diapers! I nearly broke my neck one time rushing piles of laundry upstairs to my bedroom where they would stay in shame until my AWESOMELY unpredictable friend leaves after coffee. ??

Oh noooooo I would not pick up the phone.  I have avoided texts from friends wanting to stop by due to clutter.  NO POP-INS allowed!!  Exactly - my house is clean, it is not dirty but OMG it is a mess.  I have 2 boys who don't know how to put their toys away.  And I have a nanny who straightens up before I get home from work.  After she leaves, give it 10 minutes and the house is a total mess again.  The weekends are a free-for-all.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6

Did anyone else watch the repeat of this episode that came on right before Being Simon (which should have been called Being Farrah)?  I did, and I may have blinked and missed it, but I didn't see the "Feed me!" caption under Kaiser.  I was just as disturbing watching it for the second time as it was the first, maybe even worse, so it is possible I missed it. If it wasn't there could Jenelle possibly have enough pull with MTV that they removed it?  That sickens me.  If anything, they should pull the whole episode.  I really don't care what Kaiser said because it was obvious that he was miserable and ignored and then drug around by a giant oaf. 

This whole episode made me uncomfortable and I won't watch it again.  The only happy moments were from Chelsea and her family.  I watch for cute kid moments like Addy's antics and Isaac and Lincoln's backseat conversations.  I can't stand sitting helplessly in front of my TV witnessing child abuse and not being able to stop it. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

That part!!! Completely agree with your post. Im a messy person but def not dirty...lol just like u mentioned, i have a kid and my nieces and nephews are always coming over so my house/life is overwhelmed with toys and laundry...lol 

Leah is a pack-rat, and we've all seen that dirty ass carpet that addie was eating cheeseballs off of. Couple seasons back (pilses era) she opened her fridge to get something out, and it was disgusting!!! Tons of left over shit... (that i assume is old) opened frosting cans with the lid off, and fast food soda cups.... Same with the bathrooms...chelsea and kail seem like its just, everyday mom shit...not filth. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I feel Kail has done this with her house....and people still make fun of her...calling it a pinterest house etc.  They can't win no matter what when it comes to the houses.   

Kail cares a lot what people think. So her house is like her representation of her worth to the world. "See? I am a successful human who has risen above my humble beginnings! Look at my beautifully decorated home!" (matter of opinion, I know. I find her taste a little twee but I like her color choices. Her house looks bright and cheerful--so many of the girls' houses look dark).

It may be that Chelsea, who's been at this a long time now, just isn't into caring what people think. If her house is cluttered, well, so be it. She has a lot to do--she has a new baby, an 8 year old, a husband. She is probably the only one whose whole life doesn't revolve around TM2, but around her family and her regular life, and TM2 is just something she does. Shrug. I like Chelsea, I think she's come a long way, and if she and Cole are happy and like to be silly and are devoted to each other, more power to them. If her house is a normal family home and not spit and polished before the crew turns up, to me that just says that they can take her as they find her, clutter on the stairs and Aubree's messy room and all. I like a clean house but my son's room was a catastrophe when he was a kid. I just closed the door and went on with my life.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Kail cares a lot what people think. So her house is like her representation of her worth to the world. "See? I am a successful human who has risen above my humble beginnings! Look at my beautifully decorated home!" (matter of opinion, I know. I find her taste a little twee but I like her color choices. Her house looks bright and cheerful--so many of the girls' houses look dark).

It may be that Chelsea, who's been at this a long time now, just isn't into caring what people think. If her house is cluttered, well, so be it. She has a lot to do--she has a new baby, an 8 year old, a husband. She is probably the only one whose whole life doesn't revolve around TM2, but around her family and her regular life, and TM2 is just something she does. Shrug. I like Chelsea, I think she's come a long way, and if she and Cole are happy and like to be silly and are devoted to each other, more power to them. If her house is a normal family home and not spit and polished before the crew turns up, to me that just says that they can take her as they find her, clutter on the stairs and Aubree's messy room and all. I like a clean house but my son's room was a catastrophe when he was a kid. I just closed the door and went on with my life.

Amen!!! Chelseas "reality" is what keeps me watching this trainwreck of a show...

• Love 5