Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

You and me both. There has to be a history of some sort of behavior leading up to this. Information such as this could only come from Jordan. She raised Ben. While I was never a Jordan fan, IMO she is really needed for this purpose.

In her Q&A a few weeks ago, Dena said that Jordan would not be back. Unless she was lying to us...Jordan is needed for this story..

• Love 2

I think Ben is probably not a "classic" serial killer. Yes, he's killed several people, but he had different motives than a compulsion to murder a specific type of individual as the "classic" serial killer does. He killed Serena because it would be easy to frame Chad after he'd manhandled Serena and she slapped him and told him he needed to learn how to take no for an answer. He killed Paige to further point the finger at Chad. If he's the one who attacked Marlena (he hasn't had flashbacks of it), he did it because she was helping Chad recover memories. He killed Will because Will was onto him. None of these victims had any significance to him in themselves. He didn't feel a compulsion to kill any of them, he wasn't obsessed with any of them. The only one he's obsessed with is Abifail, and she's the one he's not tried to kill.

• Love 4

He does have an anti-social disorder. He did have flashbacks of trying to kill Marlena..He actually took her to the hospital and thanked her for treating his dad..He was very nice to her hours before he attacked her .I  also think that he is gearing up to kill Abigail...His previous victims were all proxies for Abigail...

Edited by Apprentice79

He does have an anti-social disorder. He did have flashbacks of trying to kill Marlena..He actually took her to the hospital and thanked her for treating his dad..He was very nice to her hours before he attacked her .I  also think that he is gearing up to kill Abigail...His previous victims were all proxies for Abigail...

Sadly, this murder will never come to pass. We will just be subjected with her for the life of the show.

• Love 3

I still think it was Clyde who tried to kill Marlena and implicate the Necktie Killer -- not knowing that the Necktie Killer is is son. He was out of breath just after, had become suspicious of Marlena and tried to intimidate her more than once in the recent past, and was downright threatening just a few scenes before the murder attempt. 

And another oft-asked question -- is Clyde gone for good now? 

• Love 3

I still think it was Clyde who tried to kill Marlena and implicate the Necktie Killer -- not knowing that the Necktie Killer is is son. He was out of breath just after, had become suspicious of Marlena and tried to intimidate her more than once in the recent past, and was downright threatening just a few scenes before the murder attempt. 

I agree that it was Clyde who attacked Marlena (not a spoiler...just speculation). He wanted to implicate Chad for Ben (b/c of Abi, not b/c he knows Ben is the serial killer).

• Love 2

It was before Will even came to the house to see Abigail..He had the flashback about Marlena, while Abigail was in the shower waiting impatiently for him. Clyde called him to tell him that he needed his lawyer...He threw the tie in the trash, instead of burning it and the rest is history...

• Love 1

Maybe because I watch too many procedurals and read too many murder mysteries but I couldn't help but wonder where the mate was to Will's shoe that Sami grabbed and clung to when she went to the apartment -- could it have been left at the crime scene, aka Ben's place? I could just be reading too much into this but...

• Love 3

Good point about the shoe. Also, he didn't leave a red necktie behind either during his encounter with Chad but claimed that Chad was there to kill. Oops.....a slip up! This might be the very thing that starts minds wondering in his direction.

• Love 1

And all the while Julie and Maggie are merrily planning for the big shindig -- what a bicentennial, is it? Oy. I'm starting to get a little worried about the show. 

Just now? I think you must be made of stronger stuff than I.

Doesn't sound to me like the current writers are any more skilled than the last crew. It all sounds horrendous, and in pretty much exactly the same ways. I actually felt a little bit bad for Guy Wilson, reading his comments linked to upthread. I think the loose translation is "Who the fuck knows?" I can respect him for trying to keep it professional, and to sound like it's all just the way the product-placed cookie crumbles, but it also sounds pretty tightly scripted.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

More Spoilers on the horizonSpoilers f/ new SOD dated 10/26

Lucas pays a private visit to Will's gravesite after the public grieving comes to a close. Promises to make best decisions possible, not to go back to drinking, & to take care of Arianna.

Andre reveals his return to Salemites after Will's funeral services where everyone's gathered at Brady Pub. According to TP he is verbally & physically assaulted by some attendees...Truth that Stefano is his father comes out. Andre has a letter answering how Stefano could be his dad

Also "they can't trash him for anything he's done in the past because the time has run out" <---not really sure what that means but there you go.

10/19 & 10/20 Sami makes a decision about EJs letter. Stefano and Andre pressure Aiden to kill Hope. Rafe turns his attention to a new woman.

10/22 Gabi receives shocking news from Rafe. Adrienne blows up at Justin

10/23 Shawn returns to Salem unsettled by changes that have taken place in Hope

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Also "they can't trash him for anything he's done in the past because the time has run out" <---not really sure what that means but there you go.

I'm guessing the statute of limitations on his past crimes has passed?

She DOES think(like a lot of people) that Chad killed her Son.

I'm not saying revenge is the best method but it's not like she's doing it for kicks and gigs.

And considering all he's done to even his own kids, Stefano can have a Stadium full of seats.

• Love 4

Perhaps? but is there a statute of limitations for murder...

That presumes the Salem PD could have collected enough evidence to convict.  Bad cop Bernardi likely "lost" the evidence just as easily as he got the evidence to save Samanther.  Plus, there is the whole identity confusion factor (Andre?/Tony?/Andre?/Tony?/Andre?/Tony?).  Can anyone prove anything?  Only Anna Fredericks Brady DiMera DiMera can tell them apart.....or can she?

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2

I'm not saying revenge is the best method but it's not like she's doing it for kicks and gigs. 

She's doing it based on nothing at all, considering she was on death row for murder and didn't do it she of all people shouldn't be killing people first and thinking about it later. If she's not stopped then what was her plan? Kill Chad, then go looking for EJ and say oh by the way, I murdered your innocent brother when I was a dumbass enough to think he'd kill his best friend for no reason at all? Tell her kids she murdered their uncle they adore, tell EJ she murdered his brother?

What will she say after she finds out it's Ben? "Ooops, sorry I almost murdered you Chad, good thing Marlena interrupted me!" She's doing it for kicks when she's got no basis or logic as to why it's Chad at all.  She's no better than a murderer. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

And considering all he's done to even his own kids, Stefano can have a Stadium full of seats.

If Stefano tries to talk smack about Sami trying to kill Chad she should just shoot him in the face. She would get a medal for ridding Salem of that bastard. Besides, Stefano knows damn well he would do the exact same thing if he were in Sami's shoes. 

• Love 3

That presumes the Salem PD could have collected enough evidence to convict.  Bad cop Bernardi likely "lost" the evidence just as easily as he got the evidence to save Samanther.  Plus, there is the whole identity confusion factor (Andre?/Tony?/Andre?/Tony?/Andre?/Tony?).  Can anyone prove anything?  Only Anna Fredericks Brady DiMera DiMera can tell them apart.....or can she?

Anna can tell the difference between them. Renee as well...

• Love 1

What will she say after she finds out it's Ben? "Ooops, sorry I almost murdered you Chad, good thing Marlena interrupted me!" She's doing it for kicks when she's got no basis or logic as to why it's Chad at all.  She's no better than a murderer. 

For kicks?  She didn't wake up today and say, "You know what would be fun, murdering someone!".

• Love 4

She's doing it based on nothing at all, considering she was on death row for murder and didn't do it she of all people shouldn't be killing people first and thinking about it later. If she's not stopped then what was her plan? Kill Chad, then go looking for EJ and say oh by the way, I murdered your innocent brother when I was a dumbass enough to think he'd kill his best friend for no reason at all? Tell her kids she murdered their uncle they adore, tell EJ she murdered his brother?

In this instance, Sami is acting out of grief. She's still in shock and devastated over the loss of her son. Probably what you'd call a crime of passion if she actually succeeded.   I don't think EJ would really care if she killed Chad. Sami and EJ have plotted murderer together in the past. It's certainly not like EJ and Chad were very close and EJ has always understood Sami's nature and has not tried to change her, but aside from that I'm pretty sure he'd understand the grief she was going through losing Will. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3

I don't think EJ would really care if she killed Chad. Sami and EJ have plotted murderer together in the past. It's certainly not like EJ and Chad were very close and EJ has always understood Sami's nature and has not tried to change her, but aside from that I'm pretty sure he'd understand the grief she was going through losing Will. 

Nah, why should EJ give a crap about someone who took a bullet for him and probably saved his life. No biggie at all. Brother or no brother. People do those kinds of things all the time. lol

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 1

Nah, why should EJ give a crap about someone who took a bullet for him and probably saved his life. No biggie at all. Brother or no brother. People do those kinds of things all the time. lol

Chad taking a bullet for him didn't stop him from banging Abifail, the thing Chad unfortunately loves. 

• Love 4

Renee was the only person (Aside from Stefano) who could tell them apart, hence Andre killing her. Anna had no idea for years and the Anna can tell the difference is more retcon because it was simply never true.

• Love 2

For kicks? She didn't wake up today and say, "You know what would be fun, murdering someone!".

Exactly. She's out of her mind with grief in this case.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 2

Casting news from SOD:

DAYS is casting a host of new, short-term roles that will begin taping in November. The first is Mark, who is described as a gorgeous, 17 or 18-year-old popular jock whose father is a strict judge, which makes Mark rebellious. Hal is a 38-45 gorgeous man who is the father of an 19-year old girl. Clark is a 38-46-year old who is described as a "hot bad boy." Simone is a beautiful hippie chick in her late 30s. The show is seeking someone who is African American, Hispanic or Asian for this recurring role. Judge Avery is a 50-to-55-year old judge who finds his property vandalized by teenagers. Finally, Dr. Robinson is a 40-to-50-year old psychiatrist, who will be either African American or Asian.

So Andre will have Aiden red tie strangle Hope while Chad's in a coma so it exonerates him? Ben's going to go even more nuts if that happens.

SOD says Ben tells Clyde he's the killer this week, but also Clyde's supposed to be finished airing this week too. Does Ben tell him and then kill him? Or tells him and Clyde leaves for Florida extradition?

• Love 3

So Andre will have Aiden red tie strangle Hope while Chad's in a coma so it exonerates him? Ben's going to go even more nuts if that happens.

SOD says Ben tells Clyde he's the killer this week, but also Clyde's supposed to be finished airing this week too. Does Ben tell him and then kill him? Or tells him and Clyde leaves for Florida extradition?

LOL @ Ben's plan going down the tank because of Andre's plan. But does anyone else find it odd that Hope's life insurance policy already lists Aiden as her spouse when they aren't married yet??? Is that a fake? And why list him above her own kids when they haven't even been together that long?

They could send Clyde off to the gallows in FL. Would kill two birds with one stone ;-) 

• Love 4

Casting news from SOD:

DAYS is casting a host of new, short-term roles that will begin taping in November. The first is Mark, who is described as a gorgeous, 17 or 18-year-old popular jock whose father is a strict judge, which makes Mark rebellious. Hal is a 38-45 gorgeous man who is the father of an 19-year old girl. Clark is a 38-46-year old who is described as a "hot bad boy." Simone is a beautiful hippie chick in her late 30s. The show is seeking someone who is African American, Hispanic or Asian for this recurring role. Judge Avery is a 50-to-55-year old judge who finds his property vandalized by teenagers. Finally, Dr. Robinson is a 40-to-50-year old psychiatrist, who will be either African American or Asian.

Diversity remains a sad sorry joke at Days. They clearly have no real plan for certain characters when any non-white person can get the role. If you want to create a black character, create one, an Asian character, create one. Don't put out a generic casting call because it snaps of non-commitment and tokenism.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

Casting news from SOD:

First of all the "African-American, Hispanic, OR Asian" description shows exactly what the show thinks of diversity, which is a pretty sad commentary in 2015.

But, secondly, can I ask why they are firing people who are already there, who can actually act, and who are (at least somewhat) popular, so that they can cast other people? I'm genuinely confused about what TPTB are doing over at Days.

• Love 8

I realize that they're all for short-term roles (which also makes the token diversity aspect of it even worse), which makes me think characters who are already there could probably do most of the things that will happen in those storylines. Why bring on a series of temporary actors for 3-6 months?

I hope for the day that TIIC at soaps realize that these magical teen viewers are already watching programming that's actually good (and mostly not populated with teen characters); and plastering teens on the screen on a badly-written show is not going to help.

• Love 5

I realize that they're all for short-term roles (which also makes the token diversity aspect of it even worse), which makes me think characters who are already there could probably do most of the things that will happen in those storylines. Why bring on a series of temporary actors for 3-6 months?

I'm all in favor of giving the expanded teen scene some parental units.  We always knew there would need to be add some young characters to the soon-to-arrive teens set, since dating within the family left Salem with Chelsea Brady and her Uncle Max.  This crop of recurring are bound to replace the ones we lost, the T's, the Maxine's, the Bev and Rory's.  And maybe a handful will click and stay on.

Last time around, I think Kevin Spirtas and Patrika Darbo were initially recurring.  They were plugged in as insta-parents to Chloe Lane, who was the "fresh blood" in the last successful round of SORASed legacy Salemites.

Three- and six-month story arcs are the way stories are going to be told.  And that means rotating in new faces, who work dirt cheap.

• Love 2