Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

It makes me sad that Kassie was let go, as so much more could have been done with her than having her time revolved around Jennifer and the kiddie pool.

It's like the new writers said to themselves, "With all the time and effort we need to invest in correcting the core characters and the ship of Days, do we really have it in us to correct the role of a fabulous, but miscast actress who's playing a character where the central reasons for her being there (Shane and Kim) are not currently on canvass?"and decided the answer was no.

• Love 5

You never know - they might bring her back as someone else. Judi Evans played Mimi's mother for quite a while in the early 00s as "Adrienne" was off-canvas. They could wait a year or two or more and then get Kassie a wig and give her a Southern character (Mimi's Aunt?) and voila - a suitable recast.

• Love 2

You never know - they might bring her back as someone else. Judi Evans played Mimi's mother for quite a while in the early 00s as "Adrienne" was off-canvas. They could wait a year or two or more and then get Kassie a wig and give her a Southern character (Mimi's Aunt?) and voila - a suitable recast.

No one Mimi connected, though.  Please God.  No matter how much I love KdP, it's not enough to have Farah Fath on screen.  She's like a mutant talking bowl of Rice Crispies gone bad.

• Love 7

delurking to say that while I'm pretty pissed they're killing off Will I am seeing one very tiny bright spot: If it's true Sonny's coming back for his husband's funeral then it's a pretty sure thing that Freddie will give another Emmy winning performance to Sonny's mourning.

• Love 1

....what...!?!?

*blurts out laughter*

That's...so random and I don't know what it means, but okay, yes, thank you :)

It's the mystery, DisneyBoy, it's the mystery that keeps us going!

But no Farah Fath.  I'm still not recovered, nor most likely ever will be from that voice.

• Love 2

Ok but were you a fan of Gigi?

I certainly was at the beginning, when she was in Paris Texas with Vicki, and then for a lot of the time, especially with her son, and the bullying storyline.  She lost me towards the end - badly - until I really wanted to see the last of her.

• Love 3

Spoilers for the week of Week of September 28:

Monday September 28:

Aiden makes a stunning confession to Hope.

Tuesday September 29:

An anxious Adrienne gets tested for the breast cancer gene.

Wednesday September 30:

Caroline is hospitalized as her mental state deteriorates.

Thursday October 1:

A desperate Chad attempts to secure his alibi.

Friday October 2:

Eve has a heart-wrenching day as she tries to get through Paige’s funeral.

Eduardo makes a bold move to assist the police in finding Chad.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I was also shocked to hear that Kassie DePaiva had been fired too.  I recently got back to watching DOOL because Peter Reckell was coming back.  I was impressed by Kassie's acting when she had that breakdown/meltdown over Paige's death.  I can only think the reason why she was fired was because now there is a lack of storyline for Eve after her daughter's death.  And oh, I wonder if Eve is also going to fall prey to the Salem Serial Killer.  I think it's a shame.  Kassie gave a very gracious statement about her departure from DOOL on her website.  She said she enjoyed her time at Days but understand that characters from soaps come and go all the time.  She urges everyone to still watch DOOL and wish DOOL will continue on for more years.  Very classy!

I can't believe they are going to kill off Will Horton.  I don't know if this is going to be a good thing or bad thing for DOOL.  But as long as it brings a good storyline for Lucas and Sami, I think I can bear watching that.  I don't know, maybe they'll put Will in a long coma or something and when he appears he'll be played by another actor. 

• Love 5

That is the ONLY justification the writers are using for killing Will...cheap and easy drama for the core families. I'm hoping that we're all wrong about the death. If not, they've killed one of the most popular story lines in the past 10 years.I will never not be furious about this.

• Love 5

It's DAYS, last time there was a serial killer everyone ended up alive at the end. While EJ is dead, it's also possible he's not. Same with Kristen. They can easily have Stefano or someone take Will's body stolen from the morgue and injected with something and then when they're ready to recast he returns. 

Andre's back, last we saw of him he was dead.

Agree completely. Heck Hope and Steve are walking around town alive and well these days and they were both dead for years. There should be a fountain of youth and regeneration in the middle of Horton Town Square; it would be fitting too just a few blocks away from Murder Park. ;-) 

Thursday, September 24

Marlena tries to fend off her attacker; the Necktie Killer's identity is revealed

Huh?  Revealed to a character in particular or the viewers?

• Love 2

I certainly was at the beginning, when she was in Paris Texas with Vicki, and then for a lot of the time, especially with her son, and the bullying storyline.  She lost me towards the end - badly - until I really wanted to see the last of her.

The prospect of having to watch Farah Fath and JPL act opposite each other again, after the way they and their awful characters swallowed OLTL whole, makes me twitch.

Yes, to both of these. If I never have to watch FF on a show ever again, it'll be too soon. I can't remember what nickname the TWOPers came up with for FF by the end, but I do seem to recall the nickname TwitchMonkey being applied to JPL.

So this spoiler

Adrienne gets shocking news about her mother's health

has me totally confused. Didn't Adrienne, Steve, and Jack's mother Jo die a long time ago? Or am I wrong? This makes it sound like Jo's still alive, right? *is puzzled* Either I'm completely mixed up, or the writers are.

As far as the news of Will likely dying, I'm simultaneously not one bit surprised and completely disgusted. This is why I hate Dena Higley. Short-term, dead-ended storytelling that shows no respect to the show's history or its fans. I really, really hope it's not true. If it is, I might be out sooner than I thought. Screw you, Higley.

• Love 6

Not coincidentally Farah Fath's initials are FF...which is what I do when she's on.(smiley face)

Yup...Twitch Monkey. Altho when he first started on OLTL he wasn't  toooo bad. It was all the retconning etc etc that killed it for me....he did do slightly better when paired with Bob Woods (Beau)...but who didn't?? I mean really. That guy was magic.

Oh I am so missing OLTL these days.

And yeah...getting rid of Eve now when she finally gets better story? Criminal I tell ya. And so damn Higley. Lordy I hate that woman's writing. H A T E .

eta: forgot where I was spoilerwise or lack thereof.

eta: frikkin typos really bug me.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 7

So this spoiler

has me totally confused. Didn't Adrienne, Steve, and Jack's mother Jo die a long time ago? Or am I wrong? This makes it sound like Jo's still alive, right? *is puzzled* Either I'm completely mixed up, or the writers are.

No one ever dies forever in Salem!  <ha>

The amazing actress who originated the role, Joy Garrett, died many years ago. (Egad, IMDB cites 1993).  Marilyn McIntyre assumed the role briefly, wearing a hideous wig.  She and Wayne Heffley (newsman Vern Scofield) appeared very rarely once they were married off, although still living in Salem.  I don't recall a "Jo Johnson" funeral and IMDB shows her last appearance in 2003.  I don't recall her appearing during the dreadful Steve and Kayla return of the mid 2000s (with race-car driver full figured redheaded whiny-spoiled-brat Stephanie 1.0), though I do recall Stephanie 2.0 mentioning "Grandma Jo" a few times when she wasn't playing air hostess on Touch The Sky airlines, being dunked in a hot tub by abusive bad seed Jeremy Horton, mooning after her Uncle Max, burying Ford Decker's body, or switching Parker Jonas' paternity results.

IMDB shows a Vern appearance in 2006, so maybe his wife appeared briefly then too.  I think Jennifer mentioned them when Jack did his Daysaster Elevator Dive.

When JJ came back to Salem, he mentioned going to visit Grandma Jo and Vern.

Having Jo back in Salem could be interesting.  Another person to notice the odd behavior of granddaughter Abigail.........

• Love 2

I really can't get myself worked up at the thought of Will dying, because this is Days and I remember the Melaswen story, and hell, the Rapidly-Aged-Not-Stillborn-Swamp-Baby. I'm actually shocked that they haven't un-killed Zach yet.

Guy Wilson might be a nice guy but he really, really needs to look at doing something else. He had over a year to improve and he didn't.

• Love 4

Wow, Ms. Garrett was only 47 when she died?! Maybe because she played the mother to three adult kids, but I always thought she was much older. Makes her death even more tragic, dying so young.

I recall finding out that she died when Matthew Ashford, having won or presenting an, I believe, Soap Opera Digest Award, had tears in his eyes as he mentioned her passing on the air and thanking her, etc.

• Love 1

I really can't get myself worked up at the thought of Will dying, because this is Days and I remember the Melaswen story, and hell, the Rapidly-Aged-Not-Stillborn-Swamp-Baby. I'm actually shocked that they haven't un-killed Zach yet.

I so remember the Swamp Fetus thing. I have never been able to accept the Chelsea character as a result. All of her disturbing behavior, her inability to conceive, I simply chalked up to the fact that she was a Swamp Fetus and had zero interest in the show's attempt to make Chelsea into the next Sami.

• Love 1

She was buried in the swamp...lol Billie had her at 5 months in the Bayous..It was when the show made her manipulative and shady in her efforts to win Bo..She started to have contractions and it was juxtaposed with her having nightmares about her evil father Curtis. The show has never forgotten about the abuse that she suffered at the hands of her father and why she has always had a hard time connecting with Kate....She went into premature labor and she gave birth to a stillborn baby..I remember her  singing Georgia on my mind  to her daughter Georgia..However she did not tell Bo that she had miscarried the baby and weeks later, she made it look like Hope caused her to miscarry the baby....The show did a hatchet job on Billie at that time..I also remember her dead baby was delivered to her in a suitcase at the Kiriakis mansion that she carried around with her..It was a horrible storyline..Years later we found out that the baby was alive and  was stolen by the Dimeras, because everything evil always goes back to them...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I'm still in denial about Will. I'm hoping it's not happening and that it's Caroline or someone else "important" that gets everyone back to a funeral.

La La La...not listening to reality. I'll just be in my corner in the fetal position.

• Love 4

I also remember her dead baby was delivered to her in a suitcase at the Kiriakis mansion that she carried around with her..It was a horrible storyline..Years later we found out that the baby was alive and  was stolen by the Dimeras, because everything evil always goes back to them...

She carried around a suitcase with a dead baby? OMG.

Yes, it was something like that...I cannot remember the details after the baby was delivered to the Kiriakis mansion..I remember Hope almost discovering the dead fetus and Hope being very  suspicious of Billie....It was just a very dark story....

That a decade or so later became a very ridiculous story. I remember watching Billie hold that stillborn so no way could I ever get on board with Chelsea aka Georgia being a living human being. And then to have her be responsible for Zack's death, well whatever hack head writer we had at that time clearly wanted to throw Bo and Hope under the bus for Bo and Billie.  

• Love 3

Thank you SanDiegoinExile for filling me in! I must've confused the actress' death with the characters. *tiny voice* though I actually liked redheaded Stephanie. She bugged me far less than Shelley Hennig, who for some reason drove me bonkers.

Wow, I never realized Chelsea/Georgia was born that premature and shown to be really dead. That is pretty insane to retcon her alive (and a teen to boot).

• Love 1

Thank you SanDiegoinExile for filling me in! I must've confused the actress' death with the characters. *tiny voice* though I actually liked redheaded Stephanie. She bugged me far less than Shelley Hennig, who for some reason drove me bonkers.

SH's Stephanie was so pathetic to me after she got involved with Nathan. Didn't she crawl on the floor and beg him not to leave her after he dumped her on their wedding day? Or something equally degrading? I'm like, you're acting like this over some person you dated for a year (maybe even less than a year?). Get it together. 

Wow, I never realized Chelsea/Georgia was born that premature and shown to be really dead. That is pretty insane to retcon her alive (and a teen to boot).

The Chelsea/Georgia storyline is why soaps get no respect..It should never have been done...

• Love 3

If the actor playing the serial killer is really the person attacking Marlena, it sure looks like that's Ben.

Ben doesn't seem smart enough for this frame up on Chad or this calculating pre-meditated murders. He's a more fly off the handle hot head killer type.

Unless they make him smart all of a sudden.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

SH's Stephanie was so pathetic to me after she got involved with Nathan. Didn't she crawl on the floor and beg him not to leave her after he dumped her on their wedding day? Or something equally degrading? I'm like, you're acting like this over some person you dated for a year (maybe even less than a year?). Get it together. 

And then Stephanie swapped the DNA results on Parker Jonas so she could have Philip, right?

The show really failed with Stephanie. When they swapped out Red-haired Shayna Rose for dark featured Shelly Henning, the character lost her way. The really nice, confident ad adventurous girl became a standard, manipulative, boy crazy sex pot. Given SH physical appearance (which some questioned given S & K's looks), I always thought some reference to the awful Duke Johnson should have been made. I hope Stephanie gets recast and the show finally gets it right.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 4

Let's not forget the Kristin/Theresa egg stealing plot. That doesn't help daytime's rep either. 

Or Kristen crawling on the floor begging Box-of-Rocks Brady not to leave her. Or Kristen wailing and screeching at a devotional image in a church, blaming Jesus for her troubles. Or Kristen injecting Elvis with death-defying Dimera serum.

I'm just saying.

Oh sure...blame it ALL on Kristin. Like nobody was getting possessed by the devil or being cloned or turning into a princess or getting resurrected before she came back to town...

Though I totally agree with you that having her crawl around sobbing over Brady was a real low point.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

The show really failed with Stephanie. When they swapped out Red-haired Shayna Rose for dark featured Shelly Henning, the character lost her way. The really nice, confident ad adventurous girl became a standard, manipulative, boy crazy sex pot. Given SH physical appearance (which some questioned given S & K's looks), I always thought some reference to the awful Duke Johnson should have been made. I hope Stephanie gets recast and the show finally gets it right.

I actually liked original recipe Stefanie and I always felt that Jennifer Liley who plays Jeannie/Theresa should have been a recast Stefanie, especially with her natural blonde hair...Shayna Rose was not given a chance to grow into the role and I liked her chemistry with EJ....

• Love 2

And then Stephanie swapped the DNA results on Parker Jonas so she could have Philip, right?

The whole thing was confusing to me so I had to look it up to remember what happened:

Chloe had a one night stand with Philip and became pregnant. She had a paternity test and it named Philip as the father. However, Caroline changed the test results before anyone, including Chloe and Philip, saw the results. By the time Chloe gave birth, everyone believed Daniel was Parker's father. 

However, on the day of his baptism, Caroline burst into the church and announced that Philip was Parker's biological father. 

In January 2013, Chloe returned to Salem with news. It turned out that Stephanie Johnson had also known about Chloe and Philip's one-night-stand and had an interest in determining who was Parker's biological father. Stephanie was dating Nathan Horton, who was really in love with Melanie, who was married to Philip.

Stephanie knew that if Chloe's baby turned out to be Philip's, Melanie would leave Philip and thus be free to be with Nathan. So, Stephanie asked her friend, Ian, to hack into the computer records so that she could know who the father was and prepare herself for the potential fall-out.

What Stephanie didn't know was that Ian was also in love with her. So, while he did hack into the hospital computer system, he did so to change the test results from Daniel to Philip, in hopes that the above described partner swap would take place and Stephanie would be single. He made the swap while Stephanie's back was turned, so that when she looked at the screen, she saw Ian's altered results -- showing Philip as Parker's father.

After Ian changed the results, Caroline entered the picture. She had access to medical records because was a hospital volunteer in the billing department. She saw Ian's altered test results and thought that Philip did not deserve to be a father because she did not believe that any Kiriakis would make a good father. She also didn't want Stephanie to loose Nathan, so she switched the results back to say that Daniel was Parker's father. But, no one knew that Caroline was actually switching tests that had already been switched.

A few months later, Ian entered a substance abuse treatment program. While going through the process of making amends, he called Stephanie and told her what he'd done. Stephanie called Kayla and Chloe. Chloe insisted on an additional paternity test. And everyone learned that Parker was always Daniel's son.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7

That sounds idiotic. Convoluted for the sake of convoluted. And to give Daniel a kid, probably.

All of the above.

Wasn't Carly mixed in there somehow?  I remember feeling she (unfairly) had to eat a lot of shit when it all came out.

Question: didn't Steve say something about Bo having gone off after taking Caroline to the Doctor's to find his mother? And isn't John also looking up information about his birth parents?

...think the show might suddenly turn them into biological brothers? That would be a big deal Anniversary twist, but I don't know how badly that would reflect on their shared history (and dating history)....

And also: why hasn't Steve asked Caroline about the last time she saw Bo after he brought her to the clinic or whatever?? Wasn't she the last person to actually see him alive?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Question: didn't Steve say something about Bo having gone off after taking Caroline to the Doctor's to find his mother? And isn't John also looking up information about his birth parents?

...think the show might suddenly turn them into biological brothers? That would be a big deal Anniversary twist, but I don't know how badly that would reflect on their shared history (and dating history)....

And also: why hasn't Steve asked Caroline about the last time she saw Bo after he brought her to the clinic or whatever?? Wasn't she the last person to actually see him alive?

1. They can't re-Brady John because of Brady and Theresa, so that's not where they are going on their latest quest forJohn's paternity.

2. Caroline is a very sick woman and I doubt Steve would risk her health (or Kayla's wrath), even if she could tell him anything more than he already knows.

3. Caroline is Roman, Kimberly, Kayla, Bo, Frankie and Max's mother (Frankie and Max were adopted).

• Love 3