Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...well it's just another indicator of what has happened to Days of Our Lives. It has fallen pretty damn far.

. . .

Better example - the character of Clyde Weston is revolting and he makes my skin crawl every time he's on screen. That being said I think the actor is terrific and I find myself looking forward to his scenes even if I end up squirming in my seat.

You hit the nail on the head, here.  Days is just not good anymore.  And none of the actors are great, or they wouldn't still be there IMO.  Look at the great actors who started on soap operas - they didn't stay long at all.  They were able to move on quickly.  Michael B. Jordan comes to mind first as an example, but I'm sure there are plenty others.  Even Jesse Lee Soffer from Chicago PD comes to mind as an example (though I wouldn't call him great, he's still better than anyone on Days).

Your example of Clyde is more what I think about Xander.  He's a villain who deserves no sympathy, even if the actor can be compelling occasionally.  But I also agree with the above comment that Paul Telfer is still not *that* good.  My opinion is probably also swayed by the fact that I can't stand Sarah anymore with her immature baby-talk with Xander, so he's also guilty by association.  🤢🤮

• Love 4

Oh I'm definitely not saying Paul Telfer is an amazing actor. There are limitations to his acting. The guy can't seem to cry or do breakdown scenes very well. He's pretty laughable at those. But his confident, sexy, villain swagger game is always on point and the show has made good use of him in that capacity. He fits the character he was given to play and I think he has a natural likeability to him. If he was simply supposed to be playing a good guy through and through, I would say he's maybe miscast. Perhaps Robert Scott Wilson, as I suggested, would be better playing a regular waiter at Julie's restaurant or a delivery boy at the pub. Some normal guy. I still don't think he'd be a good actor, but at least he wouldn't be saddled with this Herculean challenge of trying to make a serial killer seem sympathetic and sexy and fun and rootable. He's failing and the Show refuses to acknowledge this.

I totally disagree with the idea that good actors move on from working in soaps. I think Mary Beth is phenomenal, Stephen Nichols as well. The aforementioned Eileen Davidson and the late Joe Mascolo were also terrific. I think Lauren Koslow is a gem, and Camila Banus has done great work as has Arianna Zucker. And I thought some of the actors on Another World were fantastic. I just don't think that the business is set up the way it used to be for them to move on to other forms of entertainment. Because there are only four soaps left, and they all have minimal budgets from the looks of things, soaps are thought of as the dregs of the entertainment business, I imagine. It's such a shame. We've seen what great work these actors can do when there is a budget supporting them and their work environment.

• Love 4

Very few actors are able to move from soaps to primetime or movies even if they're phenomenal.  Some didn't have the right look or were never chosen for the right role.  There's a lot of luck involved.  And many of the genres best were in NY and did soaps to supplement their theatrical work.

And honestly, a lot of this boils down to "who do you enjoy watching?"  There are a lot of actors who might not be "the best" but are still enjoyable to watch.  Hell, I'd put Alison Sweeney in that group.  I don't think she's the greatest actress but she can definitely be fun to watch.

The reason I don't mind Xander is because he's used smartly for the most part. They took more time and steps with his redemption than they normally do.  They did show him feel bad about things he has done--or at least the things the show focused on.  But more importantly, no one really goes out of their way to champion him or talk him up like people are crazy to not think the best of him.

Ben and Kristen, on the other hand, are either talked to the hilt (Ben with his being championed by Marlena, Ciara and now Claire..maybe) or are being portrayed as the victims of their victims (Kristen).

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Very few actors are able to move from soaps to primetime or movies even if they're phenomenal.  Some didn't have the right look or were never chosen for the right role.  There's a lot of luck involved.  And many of the genres best were in NY and did soaps to supplement their theatrical work.

The sad thing is that soap actors are really good and their discipline is unmatched.  The fact that they are able to memorize 60 pages of dialogue everyday, 5 days a week is amazing. I remember Susan Lucci who played Erica Kane on All my children collapsed on set once during a grueling storyline that lasted for 6 months.  She had been on set taping 6 days a week, having to learn 60 pages of dialogue a day.. It was mentally physically and emotionally exhausting for her.  So, soaps may not get the respect that they deserve from Hollywood but they are the hardest working actors and are beloved by their fans..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

So, soaps may not get the respect that they deserve from Hollywood but they are the hardest working actors and are beloved by their fans..

David O. Russell (who I know is pretty ugh) actually loves soap opera actors - https://www.vulture.com/2015/12/david-o-russell-loves-soap-actors.html. There's also a pretty great catfight scene between Natalie and Erica on All My Children in that article.

Soaps today may not be as good as they once were, but there have been some really good storylines with top notch acting in the past. I think a big part of the reason they haven't been give the respect they deserve is because the audience is largely female. A lot of entertainment largely enjoyed by women is often derided as "chick lit," "chick flicks," and "guilty pleasures," which is such bullshit.

Edited by MerBearStare
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

On the contrary I feel Xander has truly tried to change and wants to be a better person for Sarah and Maggie. He refused to kill Ben when Victor ordered him to because, as he told Victor, he is trying to make better choices. That was a significant moment for him to say no to his uncle. Ben and Kristen claim to have changed but she keeps committing crimes and while I believe Ben has changed, if he was remorseful he might have some understanding as to why Vincent is mad at him. 

Xander hasn't really changed IMO. Yeah, he refused to kill Ben (the one decent thing he could have done) but after that he participated in a baby switch. He sat back and let Will go to prison and let Brady think his kid was dead. He offered Brady one apology over it and yet still badmouths him and acts like he has any business judging him over anything. I don't think Xander offered Will or Sonny one sincere apology over what he did and instead tried to guilt Sonny into attending his wedding. He shot Marlena and almost killed her and had the audacity to get huffy with her because she badmouthed him to Sarah. He's never apologized to Eric and Nicole for the heinous things he did to them. Xander doesn't truly feel sorry for the bad things he's done. The only reason he was sad after the baby switch was because Sarah was mad at him. That's not true remorse.

I don't think Paul Telfer is that great. Decent but that's about it. I was gobsmacked when he was nominated for an Emmy this year. I'm glad he's stopped doing that horrific Woobie face he was always pulling to express sadness but he doesn't have much else in his arsenal. I could easily see someone nice looking with a decent body playing Xander just as well, if not better, than he does.

• Love 4

Lauren Koslow is good, I'll give you that.  I was never a fan of Eileen Davidson, probably for the same reason that some people do like her - she was too campy.  And the mention of Camila Banus as a good actress made me nearly spit my hot tea through my nose. 🤣😉  I will respectfully agree to disagree on this topic.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I agree Paul Telfer has limitations but he is likable and has a sense of humour about him that I need right now. Ben/Rob is so darn serious and intense and I find him boring. Same deal with Drake H. He is not much of an actor but I feel like he is in on the joke half the time and I have always enjoyed him. I honestly don't care what Xander has done in the past as long as he is trying to be a good boy now. Same with Ben until he acted like Vincent's grief over Wendy was nothing compared to CIERRRAAAA

I have seen some phenomenal acting in daytime, mostly on Guiding Light in its heyday (Justin Deas! Beth Ehlers! Beverly McClinskey! Michael Zaslow!) but Days for sure has had some amazing ones, Mary Beth, Matt, Stephen Nichols made that whole plot work back in 1987 because they were so great. Judi Evans when she first came on and before she was bogged down with Justin was amazing, Charlotte Ross was phenomenal as Eve. I think the whole mid to late eighties was amazing on Days. I miss it.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Lauren Koslow is good, I'll give you that.  I was never a fan of Eileen Davidson, probably for the same reason that some people do like her - she was too campy.  And the mention of Camila Banus as a good actress made me nearly spit my hot tea through my nose. 🤣😉  I will respectfully agree to disagree on this topic.  

Eileen, pre-Susan Banks, played Kristen with a lot of nuance. I wouldn't have called her campy. She was a leading lady. I loved what else we got to see her do once Susan was integrated, mind you, but it seemed to eclipse all the more subtle work she's done. She was great when John apologized/seduced her in the Secret Room in spring 2013. All torn up by the memory of who she'd been and the reality of what she'd become...finally hearing John take responsibility for hurting her... questioning (silently) what to do about Brady's honest devotion to her...Eileen brought it. It wasn't a flashy, Ron-style confrontation with sex or slapping, but it was a rollercoaster watching all her conflicting emotions bubble up.

I'd love to see her on stage...don't think she does theatre work though.

Camila has been regularly OTT for like two years now, so I get it....but she's quite good when the writing isn't pushing her to go big. I like her as BFFs with Will and Sonny, as a femme fatale, as a sister with Rafe, I've liked her with Eli, Chad and JJ... messing with Abigail. She pulls it all off.

Very sorry about the tea, though. 😄

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eileen, pre-Susan Banks, played Kristen with a lot of nuance. I wouldn't have called her campy. She was a leading lady. I loved what else we got to see her do once Susan was integrated, mind you, but it seemed to eclipse all the more subtle work she's done. She was great when John apologized/seduced her in the Secret Room in spring 2013. All torn up by the memory of who she'd been and the reality of what she'd become...finally hearing John take responsibility for hurting her... questioning (silently) what to do about Brady's honest devotion to her...Eileen brought it. It wasn't a flashy, Ron-style confrontation with sex or slapping, but it was a rollercoaster watching all her conflicting emotions bubble up.

John may have hurt her but she chose to be evil, her machinations against Marlena almost caused little Belle to die when she poisoned Marlena's chocolates. Children at that age are all about putting stuff in their mouths and Belle almost ate one of the poisoned chocolates.  John owed her no apology after everything she did against him and Marlena.  Kristen's comeback in 2012 was all revisionist history to make her a victim of Jarlena, disgusting!  Eileen is a very campy actress, Kristen screaming at the statue of baby Jesus was embarrassing as a  longtime soap viewer.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Your whole post is spot on but especially this. There are brilliant, emmy award winning actors who left soaps and went nowhere.  Not everyone can be Michael B. Jordan.  I'm trying to remember the last soap star who became a full blown superstar and I cant think of any. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Your whole post is spot on but especially this. There are brilliant, emmy award winning actors who left soaps and went nowhere.  Not everyone can be Michael B. Jordan.  I'm trying to remember the last soap star who became a full blown superstar and I cant think of any. 

Julianne Moore?  Tommy Lee Jones?  Brad Pitt?  Morgan Freeman?  I googled this after I mentioned it last night, and there are a ton of actors who got their starts on soaps, but many who did not stay long - which is my point.  An actor doesn't become a soap star and then a movie star.  An up and coming star actor takes a quick role or two on a soap and then moves on - because he or she is too good to stay on a soap.  An actor becomes a soap star when they are good enough but not good enough at the same time. 

Also, IMO, winning a daytime Emmy is not the same as winning a primetime Emmy.  If the acting skills and other factors were the same, there wouldn't be a need for a distinction or two separate award shows.

This is all just my opinion, of course, please take no offense!  I think it's an interesting topic to discuss.

• Love 2

The actor talent discussion is moving away from tangential spoiler talk and moving into topics that would be best in the Non-Days talk thread.

Please take any "soap star talent" or "soap stars who made it big" to the Non-Days thread.

And anything related to DOOL can be put in the Emmy spec thread.  I think it'd work there.  

Current performers can also be discussed in the current days thread as long as the discussion pertains to currentish stories/performances. 

Thank you!

12 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Xander hasn't really changed IMO. Yeah, he refused to kill Ben (the one decent thing he could have done) but after that he participated in a baby switch. He sat back and let Will go to prison and let Brady think his kid was dead. He offered Brady one apology over it and yet still badmouths him and acts like he has any business judging him over anything. I don't think Xander offered Will or Sonny one sincere apology over what he did and instead tried to guilt Sonny into attending his wedding. He shot Marlena and almost killed her and had the audacity to get huffy with her because she badmouthed him to Sarah. He's never apologized to Eric and Nicole for the heinous things he did to them. Xander doesn't truly feel sorry for the bad things he's done. The only reason he was sad after the baby switch was because Sarah was mad at him. That's not true remorse.

I don't think Paul Telfer is that great. Decent but that's about it. I was gobsmacked when he was nominated for an Emmy this year. I'm glad he's stopped doing that horrific Woobie face he was always pulling to express sadness but he doesn't have much else in his arsenal. I could easily see someone nice looking with a decent body playing Xander just as well, if not better, than he does.

I agree at his core he hasn't really changed except maybe develop a soft spot for Maggie and Sarah but that's about it.

However I find him a lot easier to take and watch than Ben because the people who are supposed to hate him still do for the most part. He wasn't anywhere near the Eric/Nicole wedding as opposed to Will being Ben's best man and Eve being the bad guy for wanting her daughter's killer to suffer.

As long as that sticks I rather watch Xander than Ben.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree at his core he hasn't really changed except maybe develop a soft spot for Maggie and Sarah but that's about it.

However I find him a lot easier to take and watch than Ben because the people who are supposed to hate him still do for the most part. He wasn't anywhere near the Eric/Nicole wedding as opposed to Will being Ben's best man and Eve being the bad guy for wanting her daughter's killer to suffer.

As long as that sticks I rather watch Xander than Ben.

Yes that is very true, he remains a pariah to most of the town which is how it should be. Remember Sarah cautiously telling Lani they were back together as she knew the reaction was likely not going to be positive? Jack was treated as an outcast by most of the town (with the exception of Jo) for years before he climbed his way back.  Ben seems to have got a free ride cause he got some treatment and I resent that I am supposed to think Vincent is the bad guy in this story when Ben shot Wendy in the head. Vincent is allowed to grieve and lose his shit too even though he is not a main character. Marlena's fan girling over Ben is the worst. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Yes that is very true, he remains a pariah to most of the town which is how it should be. Remember Sarah cautiously telling Lani they were back together as she knew the reaction was likely not going to be positive? Jack was treated as an outcast by most of the town (with the exception of Jo) for years before he climbed his way back.  Ben seems to have got a free ride cause he got some treatment and I resent that I am supposed to think Vincent is the bad guy in this story when Ben shot Wendy in the head. Vincent is allowed to grieve and lose his shit too even though he is not a main character. Marlena's fan girling over Ben is the worst. 

I don't like Ben and the marlena and Ben stuff is ridiculous but so is the Maggie and xander realtionship I still don't get why xander and Victor weren't even questioned for the baby switch crime.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 4

I think they forgot because Sarah took off with the baby and then Kristen got stabby on Victor. 

I believe the Xander/Maggie relationship but not the Ben/Marlena one. Again I think it comes down to the actors.

I hate that Xander is getting fired over this, I thought maybe he had more involvement in the arrest but this wasn't even conspiring with Jan, he didn't even call her, just went along with her saying she wanted to press charges. For SOMETHING Phillip actually did. 

I hope this time Xander walks away from Victor for good

• Love 5

I believe the Xander/Maggie relationship because we've seen Xander supporting Maggie...being a friend for her when she was in a dark place herself. 

Marlena and Ben don't make any sense. She's his therapist.  She shouldn't have such a personal stake in his life.  There has been no give and take.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I hate that Xander is getting fired over this, I thought maybe he had more involvement in the arrest but this wasn't even conspiring with Jan, he didn't even call her, just went along with her saying she wanted to press charges. For SOMETHING Phillip actually did. 

I hate this show for making it seem like people doing their jobs or facing the consequences for their actions are victims.  However, this is another reason I don't really hate Xander.  People continue to acknowledge his bad deeds. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

John may have hurt her but she chose to be evil, her machinations against Marlena almost caused little Belle to die when she poisoned Marlena's chocolates. Children at that age are all about putting stuff in their mouths and Belle almost ate one of the poisoned chocolates.  John owed her no apology after everything she did against him and Marlena.  Kristen's comeback in 2012 was all revisionist history to make her a victim of Jarlena, disgusting!  Eileen is a very campy actress, Kristen screaming at the statue of baby Jesus was embarrassing as a  longtime soap viewer.

I'll see you one screaming at Baby Jesus and raise you a fighting with a trash can at the park! 😂 Yes, there has been some stupid campy stuff, no question. Thankfully, I think now Staci has had more camp and crapola to play than Eileen did.

I don't quite know how to judge Kristen based on her actions, because they were so incredibly entertaining and also, Salem is a world where pretty much everyone is a murderer or rapist or both. I will say that John secretly loving Marlena, refusing to confess this to Kristen and work through it and break up with her was a big part of why she did everything she could to hold onto him. Yes, it was all illegal...but the story was all about the experience of trying to hold onto someone you love desperately and fighting as hard as you possibly can no matter the obstacles. I mean at one point, Kristen used a hypnotizing mirror to get John into bed with her so she could get pregnant again after losing their child, and even though he called her Marlena in bed while under the trance, she continued to have sex with him. That's campy (and rapey)...but also really heartbreaking. She already knew he preferred someone else, but she couldn't bear to lose him. Makes me sad. Also, I liked John with Kristen. Not only were they an attractive couple, I felt they were refreshing and very 90s and I didn't really ever feel like Marlena and John were as interesting as a couple. The show made its choice, and the audience made theirs as well, and Kristen became the loser in the situation...but I definitely think John should have shown her some sympathy or empathy. If he really loved her and then realized she had done all these terrible things just to try to hold onto him, he'd seriously just grab Marlena, get engaged at the restaurant where he was supposed to celebrate Kristen's birthday and then try to get married three days later? That is cooooold, man. He was almost gleeful to be rid of her, instead of conflicted about everything she had done in the name of her love for him. And this was especially weird because the show made it seem as if John had absolutely no suspicions that Kristen was doing evil things during those two years. So if he's suddenly found out she had been doing all this bad stuff, wouldn't you think he'd be even more confused and therefore take a longer time to process it?

The story was slanted to make Kristen the villain and Marlena and John the triumphant couple, but I definitely felt there could have been a mourning period where John would try to wrap his head around just how broken Kristen had become. Instead, after Roman came back and Kristen lied about her and John already being married to give Roman the hope that he and Marlena could be happy again, John basically encouraged her to go kill herself. On Christmas. YIKES. When her body was found in the pool, John finally started to show some remorse and guilt for the way he'd treated her. As much as we all poke fun of Drake and his acting choices, I thought he did a really good job of selling the moment in the Secret Room in 2013 when he revealed to Kristen that he had "doubled down" on her in the aftermath of learning about her schemes and admitted that "it wasn't fair" to do that to her. John could have easily said that back in the 90s. That he felt sorry for Kristen and wanted to see her get some help even though they weren't going to be together anymore. Instead, he was just kind of (understandably) repulsed by her, but it came off as cruel. No matter how many terrible things someone you love has done, they're still someone you love, right? John dumped Kristen hard and never looked back, as if all his prior devotion was an act. A little compassion goes a very long way. Kristen was obviously around the bend and obsessed with him by the time all of her secrets came out, but if John had spent just a little bit of time trying to understand her point of view and have a less traumatic breakup, she might have not have turned into the mega villainess she is now. I'm not trying to blame him, because of course he is the victim and so is Marlena, but Marlena definitely goaded Kristen, and then John dumped her so abruptly that it's easy to see why Kristen would hate them both.

That the writers took the time in 2013 to acknowledge how that little piece of consideration that was never expressed or given by John to Kristen as part of her motivation for constantly seeking revenge against him and Marlena was very moving, I found. The show doesn't often have that kind of nuance but I thought they were completely on the money with showing John acknowledging his complete and total rejection of her as being somewhat unfair given all Kristen had been through. Yes, in that scene he was also telling her what she wanted to hear because he wanted to seduce her away from Brady, but I think Drake played it beautifully... suggesting that he was both putting on an act for her benefit and possibly confessing something that was in fact true of their relationship and how it had originally ended.

But....um...back to spoilers!

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I hate this show for making it seem like people doing their jobs or facing the consequences for their actions are victims.  However, this is another reason I don't really hate Xander.  People continue to acknowledge his bad deeds. 

Oh I'm with you. Completely. But I wonder what kind of storyline this leaves for Xander. I feel like we've barely seen him working at Titan, and yet that was his goal for years. Now that he's out again is he just going to be Sarah's sex toy? Is he going to plan to murder Phillip?

I hope he doesn't get stuck in lame Jan's orbit.

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Marlena and Ben don't make any sense. She's his therapist.  She shouldn't have such a personal stake in his life.  There has been no give and take.

But...but... just being within proximity of the Necktie Killer's charismatic glow is enough of an honor!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh I'm with you. Completely. But I wonder what kind of storyline this leaves for Xander. I feel like we've barely seen him working at Titan, and yet that was his goal for years. Now that he's out again is he just going to be Sarah's sex toy? Is he going to plan to murder Phillip?

Since they said Phil makes a mysterious phone call after Xander's firing I assume that he has some evil plan to tank the company or steal it from Victor and Xander will save the old man yet again. They are definitely making Xander the sympathetic one of the two

I personally think Xander needs somebody who doesn't judge him as much as Sarah but she is into the sex so I guess he is happy

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I question how evil they're going to make Philip since Chloe is on the way and I'm sure they're going to try to reunite them. Besides, we just had Brady trying to destroy the company. Phillip's going to do the same thing?

Maybe his phone call is to Chloe? I was looking forward to him and Xander as a comedy team, sad it is over so fast

• Love 3

I kind of hate that the narrative is setting it up that Melinda is targeting Kristen and forcing Eli to be part of some scheme. This is just called police work. This is just called removing crazy and dangerous people from the streets. Kristen absolutely should not have been able to get away with murdering Haley. Especially not with her track record. At the very least she would have ended up in the mental hospital...and Lani should definitely be fired. There's no question. She completely violated the trust of the entire department and let a wanted criminal escape. She's Kristen's accomplice. I don't see how there's a grey zone there. And I know that when this all plays out not only is Kristen going to get away with everything, but Eli is going to be so upset that he was cornered into doing things that were wrong. This isn't "wrong" and he shouldn't the apologizing, even though we all know he will. In the last 2 years Kristen murdered a young woman and attempted to murder an old man. She absolutely deserves to be behind bars.

• Love 12

Next weeks preview..I kind of like Steve and Kayla having different feelings about this

And more spoilers. I love RAGE!JOHN!

Monday, October 12, 2020 
Gwen gets to know Jack and Jennifer.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 
Lani makes an emotional plea to Melinda on Kristen's behalf.

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 
Hope and Shawn receive new evidence regarding Ciara.

Thursday, October 15, 2020 
John loses it after discovering what happened between Allie and Tripp.
Steve alerts when Tripp amends part of his story.

Friday, October 16, 2020 
Philip succeeds in pushing Xander over the edge.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Useful 1

I don't think it was the plan for Gwen to be Jack's daughter but when CB left I think they changed some things I would be surprised if they let Abby have sibling competition which is what keeps me from buying it. I think Gwen might be Peter Blake's daughter tbh (she wouldn't be a blood Dimera either) and I could see her resenting Abby who Peter loved like his own. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Gwen gets to know Jack and Jennifer.

Well now this is interesting. I wonder if they're finally going to start planting the seeds about Gwen being Jack's daughter, because so far it's just been us speculating. 

51 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

John loses it after discovering what happened between Allie and Tripp.
Steve alerts when Tripp amends part of his story.

Are they going to have 60-something John beat up 20-something Tripp?? That shit would be hilariously absurd. Tripp changing his story is not a good sign about his innocence. 

• Love 4
Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

Apparently October 14th is KA's last airdate. At least its with one of her children.. (please no Rafe if possible)

I don't expect her to have scenes with Doug/Julie/Steve/Kayla/Jennifer either but it is what it is.

Her scenes won't be with Rafe.  KA already filmed her last episodes during a time when Rafe was already off the canvas.  Galen started filming after the break.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

They have already established that Lani is the worst cop ever, with absolutely no remorse for being a dirty cop to protect her lunatic friend. Why do they have to ruin Eli, as well, to set up Kristen? That sucks. The only cops Salem has, other than visitor Shawn D, are now both dirty, working for a dirty DA. Great role models! They must be going with the motto reserved for Nicole - doing the wrong things for the right reasons - and expect us to still think they are likable. Wrong!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

They have already established that Lani is the worst cop ever, with absolutely no remorse for being a dirty cop to protect her lunatic friend. Why do they have to ruin Eli, as well, to set up Kristen? That sucks. 

Lani is so unbearable lately both as a person and as a cop she's even making me miss Rafe..yes, Rafe. It takes a special type of stupid cop to make me miss Rafe.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't think it was the plan for Gwen to be Jack's daughter but when CB left I think they changed some things I would be surprised if they let Abby have sibling competition which is what keeps me from buying it. I think Gwen might be Peter Blake's daughter tbh (she wouldn't be a blood Dimera either) and I could see her resenting Abby who Peter loved like his own. 

That was so long ago, Abigail was not Peter Blake's stepdaughter for years. Plus, I hated how JER had baby Abigail calling him daddy, it just pissed me off, the erasure of  Matthew's Jack was just so vile and very typical of JER who was known to be vindictive  and spiteful with his writing. He gave Victor a stroke because he and John Aniston had a public disagreement and thus began the marginalization of Victor during the JER years and the destruction of the awesome coupling of Victor and Kate.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

They have already established that Lani is the worst cop ever, with absolutely no remorse for being a dirty cop to protect her lunatic friend. Why do they have to ruin Eli, as well, to set up Kristen? That sucks. The only cops Salem has, other than visitor Shawn D, are now both dirty, working for a dirty DA. Great role models! They must be going with the motto reserved for Nicole - doing the wrong things for the right reasons - and expect us to still think they are likable. Wrong!

Melinda isn't asking Eli to plant evidence or anything.  She's asking Eli to get the evidence they need to convict Kristen of a crime they know she committed.  Eli recording Kristen confessing is also not necessarily unethical.  

The dirtiest thing Eli did was cover up for Lani.  Nailing Kristen isn't going to be dirty.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 11

Yeah, if Tripp isn't the rapist, then I think the only other likely option is this new Charlie guy Claire meets.  He is supposed to be a doctor/intern right?  So I guess he could have been in London too and attacked Allie after Tripp left.  He could also change any paternity test to show Tripp as the father to make sure Tripp stays as the main suspect.

But Tripp changing his story doesn't sound too good.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Lani makes an emotional plea to Melinda on Kristen's behalf.

🙄🙄😒😒😠😠

Oh let me guess... "you had your daughter taken away from you - don't do that to Kristen!"

Lani: Shut Up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I think Tripp is a red herring, there will be lots of fights and misunderstandings. Ultimately, it will be revealed that Tripp and Allie did have consensual sex and Allie got raped by another guy that was at the party.. I felt icky writing this, why does Ron have to write these type of stories.. The baby will be Tripp's. 

• Love 9

I agree.  I think that Tripp and Allie had consensual sex, after which she was raped by someone else; and Tripp is changing his story and claiming that they didn't have sex to avoid being accused of a rape that he didn't commit.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Melinda isn't asking Eli to plant evidence or anything.  She's asking Eli to get the evidence they need to convict Kristen of a crime they know she committed.  Eli recording Kristen confessing is also not necessarily unethical.  

The dirtiest thing Eli did was cover up for Lani.  Nailing Kristen isn't going to be dirty.

Thank you! I could tell they want us to think Melinda is bad for this but I'm not gonna be swallowing their bullshit lol.

• Love 7

Tripp is stupid.  NEVER lie to the police.  He's made a habit out of it.  I think that it will be ultimately resolved in Tripp's favor but provides an opportunity to explore relationships and positions - like Kayla having doubts and Steve freaking over that.

From daycafe (in the 2+ week department):

Gabi has new issues with Jake
- but they ain't over baby!

So... she's preggers is my interpretation (which actually was my hope).

Xander, aka Doopey, I LOVE watching him struggle to become a better person.  He slips a bit, and then recovers.  And he did a lot WITHOUT Sarah's threats.  OTOH, it's time for Xander to find non-Titan employment.  Victor doesn't appreciate his loyalty. I hope Maggie props Xander up.

Note: Why Yes, I've gone from despising Xander to loving him completely.  Unabashedly. 

BTW, thanks @DisneyBoy for that tangent on the John-of-it portion of Kristen's decent into madness. She's full on cuckoo for cocoa puffs but there's a pathos there that I appreciate.

Speaking of the mentally unstable, I MISS old Claire.  I mean the new one is nice and all but I can't see her being the one who lit Ciara's bed on fire.  Something missing in the eyes.  And I don't see where they are going with this.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

That was so long ago, Abigail was not Peter Blake's stepdaughter for years. Plus, I hated how JER had baby Abigail calling him daddy, it just pissed me off, the erasure of  Matthew's Jack was just so vile and very typical of JER who was known to be vindictive  and spiteful with his writing. He gave Victor a stroke because he and John Aniston had a public disagreement and thus began the marginalization of Victor during the JER years and the destruction of the awesome coupling of Victor and Kate.

That was really the last time I liked Kate tbh. I rather have seen Victor/Kate reunite than Victor/Maggie and Kate's revolving door of men. I mean I like that Kate's identity isn't about her love interest like the other characters on this show but there's no real depth to her anymore either.

As for long ago? Sure but so was Diana Colville and the show decided to bring her back around with a new face and personality. At least that would connect her to the Dimeras without it being blood related and her interest in Abby.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It is when she bargains with Eli that she will not charge Lani - who DID commit a crime and should be charged - IF he manages to get a confession or some real evidence against her. Her crime is totally separate from what Lani did and both of them should be charged. I know that plea deals are made all the time, but she has the evidence against Lani. Period.

• Love 3