Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

"For Orpheus, it’s back to his obsession with Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall)."

Holy shit, this AGAIN?! It is beyond ridiculous how many men are obsessed with Marlena and how many times she's in danger. I'm already cringing thinking of the inevitable fist fight between John & Orpheus as the damsel in distress watches with concern. Move the fuck on from this, please!

"Watch as Clyde Weston scrambles to save Ben and give him a reason to live. Will the law catch up with Clyde and haul him back to prison before he saves his son?"

Eh, let's hope Clyde is too late AND is hauled back to prison. I'd say that's a win-win!

So once again, everybody wants Doc.  It might make sense if everyone is looking for her because she didn't renew her AARP subscription, otherwise, not so much.

If Show MUST do this storyline again, have John and Orpheus go at no later than 9 at night, they all need to be in bed no later than 10.

Oh Clyde?  Ben never did have a reason to live, don't go messing with that now.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Going to put this interview with RSW here since its spoilerish.

Full of yourself much? In a nutshell fans are freaking out so much at the idea of him leaving but he assures them he'll stick around as long as they actually keep writing for Ben and not just have him float around in the background.

Someone got way too use to being crammed down viewers throats.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Full of yourself much? In a nutshell fans are freaking out so much at the idea of him leaving but he assures them he'll stick around as long as they actually keep writing for Ben and not just have him float around in the background.

That's fair, though.  He's still young and could get other roles.  If they backburner his character, why wouldn't he want to move on?  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

That's fair, though.  He's still young and could get other roles.  If they backburner his character, why wouldn't he want to move on?  

And I will say this for RSW, he gives his scenes his all--I don't think I've ever seem him sleep walk his way through his lines.  

Re:  our boy Dr. Rolf pulling a runner and having to deal with both Orpheus and Clyde?!  The poor mad scientist 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, howmanywords said:

He can go, any time he feels not appreciated.  I'm sure that all of Hollywood is waiting in breathless anticipation to put his abs, blank stare, and ability to scream CIAAARRRRRRRRRRRA to immediate and good use.

Good grief.  Be glad you've got a job, especially now.  

Or go.  I'll restrain my tears.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I will say this for RSW, he gives his scenes his all--I don't think I've ever seem him sleep walk his way through his lines.  

His all ain't much.

When do the newly inserted episodes begin to air? I mean the ones that Ron wrote to make sure that the previously tapes episodes aired on the correct holidays?

• Love 3

I wonder if Joey will catch a ride with Rolf, Orpheus, and Clyde when they break out. 😀I can see the reunion now.

Steve: *shakes head in disapproval* "Son, what did I tell you about hitchhiking?"

And while he's out, I hope Joey kills Ava again while she's back from the dead. (Assuming her return isn't a dream nightmare segment.)

• LOL 6
22 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

When do the newly inserted episodes begin to air? I mean the ones that Ron wrote to make sure that the previously tapes episodes aired on the correct holidays?

That’s what I’ve been asking and it doesn’t seem like anyone knows lol. Someone here said something about some of the scenes we’re seeing now being filmed post-lockdown but I don’t know if that’s true or not.

• Love 1

Eric kidnapped and presumed dead is the best Ericole outcome at this time.  It leaves them as a happy, married couple with a new tragedy but just like other super-couples, that's par.

That way, when they get a new Eric and he comes back (IF the go that route), we have the opportunity for soap-standard "torn between two lovers" bit for Nicole. Or she could simply be the championing widow for a year or two.

• Love 5

More important and better actors than RSW have had to take a break from being on the frontburner for a very long time. Of course he may go if he feels they aren't bowing down to his greatness. I'd welcome it!

Here is the exact quote. IMO it reeks of entitlement

But as long as they’re writing for me… as long as I’m not just floating by in the story at DAYS, I don’t plan on leaving. I’ve found someplace where I want to give it my all, and I expect that on both sides. As long as they’re writing for me, I’m not going anywhere.”

• Love 6

18 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

So, if they actually have Eric be presumed dead, how long before Allie tries to get Lucas and Nicole to hook up? You know she would be all over that so Nicole can be her new step-mummy lol.

Nicole should have just left salem with Eric. She is done !

• Love 2
On 10/10/2020 at 7:06 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Someone suggested she could be Harper's kid and I think that would be better Jack would have a sister and she wouldn't be tied to most of Salem either. Although if she were Harper's kid wouldn't she have an axe to grind with Steve/Kayla?

On 10/11/2020 at 1:03 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I know but considering this show had Mimi said she was barren after her abortion and then Emily came along this could be just as easily retconned. That being said I don't see the show caring enough about Harper to go through that trouble.

I got a question here. Why do these headwriters enjoy ...ahem ......urinating  on each other's work ? 

Why is it that writers on this show have no respect for the writers that came before them ? 

If I was headwriter ,i would respect J.Reilly's decision to make Mimi Sterile after her abortion . I would respect Harper being made  sterile . I would respect the writers who SORAS'd Belle ,Shawn and Philip and adjusted their year of birth to 2004  and not force SORAS Claire to be an adult when the math age of her and her parents clearly doesnt allow this . That is why Abby wasnt SORASd when Brady got SORAS'd because Jen herself was 31 years old since she got SORASd and had her year of birth to 1970 . It would have been nonsensical for a 31 year old woman to have a teen close to adulthood . Atleast John's age allowed for Belle and Brady to be succesfully SORASd. 

Even if I didnt like some of his decisions. Some things you can change sure but major stuff like Mimi being sterile as well as Harper Devereaux's sterility simply should be left alone because they played major parts in their character development . 

Ultimately this rotten attitude is the fault of Ken Corday and its a damning indictment of his horrible leadership skills afterall he enables this sort of behaviour. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Rafael said:

I got a question here. Why do these headwriters enjoy ...ahem ......urinating  on each other's work ? 

Why is it that writers on this show have no respect for the writers that came before them ? 

If I was headwriter ,i would respect J.Reilly's decision to make Mimi Sterile after her abortion . I would respect Harper being made  sterile . I would respect the writers who SORAS'd Belle ,Shawn and Philip and adjusted their year of birth to 2004  and not force SORAS Claire to be an adult when the math age of her and her parents clearly doesnt allow this . That is why Abby wasnt SORASd when Brady got SORAS'd because Jen herself was 31 years old since she got SORASd and had her year of birth to 1970 . It would have been nonsensical for a 31 year old woman to have a teen close to adulthood . Atleast John's age allowed for Belle and Brady to be succesfully SORASd. 

Even if I didnt like some of his decisions. Some things you can change sure but major stuff like Mimi being sterile as well as Harper Devereaux's sterility simply should be left alone because they played major parts in their character development . 

Ultimately this rotten attitude is the fault of Ken Corday and its a damning indictment of his horrible leadership skills afterall he enables this sort of behaviour. 

to be fair most women who are sterile on soaps end up having a miracle pregnancies there's very few that I can think of that didn't have miracle pregnancy.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Rafael said:

If I was headwriter ,i would respect J.Reilly's decision to make Mimi Sterile after her abortion .

I wouldn't.  I'd reverse that "abortion causes sterility" trope so damn fast.

I'm surprised we haven't had spoilers for after this week.  Don't we usually get something a week or so out?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

So, if they actually have Eric be presumed dead, how long before Allie tries to get Lucas and Nicole to hook up? You know she would be all over that so Nicole can be her new step-mummy lol.

I have a hard time believing the show would care enough about Lucas to go through this trouble but at least it would be something different between Lucas and Nicole. 

I'd take it over Lucas/Bonnie or a Brady/Nicole retread where she will dump him for someone else.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm surprised we haven't had spoilers for after this week.  Don't we usually get something a week or so out?

This is all I can find..

Monday, October 19, 2020 
Kayla and Steve keep a secret from Tripp.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 
Ben has a vision of Ciara.
Jake confronts Gwen over his growing suspicions of her. 

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 
Orpheus tells Marlena he needs her help.

Thursday, October 22, 2020 
Rolf threatens to kill Chad.

Friday, October 23, 2020 
Clyde tries to save Ben from himself.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That’s what I’ve been asking and it doesn’t seem like anyone knows lol. Someone here said something about some of the scenes we’re seeing now being filmed post-lockdown but I don’t know if that’s true or not.

Lord help the actress who plays Gwen if the scenes today were post-Covid's arrival. She must have had those fingers in her mouth a dozen or more times. Yuk. 

6 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Thursday, October 22, 2020 
Rolf threatens to kill Chad.

Go for it Rolf!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Kayla and Steve keep a secret from Tripp.

Could this be that Ava is alive? If so, I'd think they'd want to shout it from the rooftops since it would free Joey from prison.

3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Ben has a vision of Ciara.

My god, how long are we going to be subjected to visions/flashbacks/fantasies of Ciara?! I thought they already aired all of VK's scenes? How can we miss her if she's never gone.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 10/12/2020 at 2:59 PM, bunnyblue said:

"For Orpheus, it’s back to his obsession with Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall)."

Holy shit, this AGAIN?! It is beyond ridiculous how many men are obsessed with Marlena and how many times she's in danger. I'm already cringing thinking of the inevitable fist fight between John & Orpheus as the damsel in distress watches with concern. Move the fuck on from this, please!

Years ago my Mom and I used to joke that Marlena had to have a golden cookie for so many men to want to fight over her so much. 

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I’ve found someplace where I want to give it my all, and I expect that on both sides.

Bwa-hahahaha! 😂 He EXPECTS...?!?

Thanks a lot, Deidre. Really helped him feel at home. Too much so.

If characters as beloved, layered, likeable and established as Hope, Eric and Will were sidelined or let go due to lack of story potential, how on earth does this dolt think Ben has what it takes to be a long-term leading man?

DELUSION.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Rafael said:

Nicole should have just left salem with Eric. She is done !

See, I disagree. I think Nicole now has to live up to the reputation of her virtuous husband in his absence. Killing Eric off would only give Nicole no direction as a character and they'd immediately turn her into a lying, bed-hopping nutcase because that's all Ron knows how to write. Right now, she has to walk the fine line between being herself or rather a better version of herself and being someone Eric wants to come home to. She has her work cut out for her of course, LOL, but I think it's kind of an interesting way to go. Plus the actress is terrific when she's given good material and I think she plays very well with the rest of the cast especially when they weave her in and out of other people's storylines. I don't think she needed to leave with Eric at all.

That said, I'm getting bored with her being Allie's guidance counsellor. Allie is an idiot and Nicole is making it so much worse.

And I'm downright furious about the fact that they gave her a miracle baby she typically spends approximately five minutes with every year. If we didn't get to see her much with Holly these last few years, why should we be excited to see her with Henry all the time? Makes no damn sense.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Bwa-hahahaha! 😂 He EXPECTS...?!?

Thanks a lot, Deidre. Really helped him feel at home. Too much so.

If characters as beloved, layered, likeable and established as Hope, Eric and Will were sidelined or let go due to lack of story potential, how on earth does this dolt think Ben has what it takes to be a long-term leading man?

DELUSION.

The show values characters like Ben more than they do Hope, Eric, Will etc as long as Ron is around so will Ben IMO.

There was a leaked audition video that was floating around earlier today (and now deleted) that pretty much gave away that Ciara is alive and being held captive somewhere. So of course we have to see Hope leave thinking her daughter is dead and you know of course, again Ben will be the hero 🙄

• Love 3

Just popped into my head - could Gwen be Andre's daughter?

Would explain why she wants Grabigail to suffer - she bashed dear old Daddy's brains in but good, didn't she Guvna! (Also, the accent would make sense, since Andre was...foreign/British-ish?)

Edit: nope, wait, then Jake would be her uncle. Nevermind. I'm so bad at this!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Just popped into my head - could Gwen be Andre's daughter?

Andre is Stefano's biological son (at least according to the latest retcon as far as I remember).  Jake is also Stefano's biological son, allegedly.  Chad is another son of Stefano.

That would mean she has slept multiple times with one of her brothers and kissed the other? 

Now I think that would be messy fun but no, I don't see the show doing that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/13/2020 at 2:38 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Marlena is NOT all that. There, I said it. And the fact that these septuagenarians are still playing the same stories they had in their 30s and 40s is more than just a little pathetic.

It could be worse. One of Erica Kane's last storylines had her running away and becoming the world's oldest and shortest Las Vegas Showgirl. Also by the end Erica's birthdate had been retconned to 1962 which...no.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It could be worse. One of Erica Kane's last storylines had her running away and becoming the world's oldest and shortest Las Vegas Showgirl. Also by the end Erica's birthdate had been retconned to 1962 which...no.

That was so awful it was almost funny, but only in retrospect.  Worst of all, it brought Zach Grayson to town.

For those wondering episodes through Monday, October 19th were partially taped the week of March 9-13 and partially taped from September 1-4.

Episodes from October 20-27 were taped between September 7-11.

They are currently on "Production Suspended" (whatever that means) . Weeks of October 12 and 19.

Week of October 26-30 they will be filming episodes that will air December 9-18.

courtesy Jason47.com

Just saw in the Behind the scenes thread that someone from the production crew tested positive for the 'Rona and that was why production was shut down for 14 days.

Edited by worleybird
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Who knows ,perhaps Gwen is the daughter of Trent Davis , the DiMera goon who was hired by Peter Blake to kidnap Jen . This was when Mark Valley's Jack climbed the Grand Canyon to rescue Jen from Travis's clutches. Travis later fell to his death . 

Or perhaps Gwen is former DA Carson Palmer 's daughter . 

Carson is the disgraced DA who was arrested on live tv . He was arrested on jack and Jen's shortlived talk show by Bo and Abe .

• Love 2

The most interesting theory I've seen is that she is Sally's baby (the one Jennifer was going to foster prior to Jack's past making it impossible). That would tie us back to the beginning of Jack and Jen's story and would make Gwen the right age and also explain the lack of real interest in Jack himself and more her obsessing about Abby. But that would take writers really looking into character history

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

The most interesting theory I've seen is that she is Sally's baby (the one Jennifer was going to foster prior to Jack's past making it impossible). That would tie us back to the beginning of Jack and Jen's story and would make Gwen the right age and also explain the lack of real interest in Jack himself and more her obsessing about Abby.

Except why would Sally's baby care more about the children of Jack and Jennifer than Jack and Jenn themselves--the duo who tried to foster her?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

Except why would Sally's baby care more about the children of Jack and Jennifer than Jack and Jenn themselves--the duo who tried to foster her?

Cause they got a charmed upbringing and she did not?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

And a lot of people on this show do have charmed upbringings so the show will still have to do some work to explain why Abby, specifically, was the chosen target before Abby and Gwen even met (IIRC). 

It's not that I hate the idea of Sally's daughter eventually showing up.  She'd be someone unrelated with a connection(ish) to the show, but I don't trust this show to make Gwen being that girl to make sense.

But Soap Dirt is frustrating to me as a spoiler site.  So much spec.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It's sounds like Gwen is finally targeting Jack - via hurting Abigail but at least it's not going to be all about Abby from here on out. I do think she's going to turn out to be Jack's daughter conceived after Abigail was born, which is dumb because the Gwen actress looks older than either version of Abby. I'd rather she not be Jack's daughter because, as some have said, it is nice that the Deverauxs are the only family with full siblings and no half-sibs or step-sibs. Plus, J&J will always be my favorite couple and I hate that Jack fathered a kid with someone else, but alas. I also think making Gwen Jack's daughter is only a recent development, there's no way that was the plan when she first came on the show. Back then she was all about feuding with Gabi over Jake and whatever the hell mob ties she & Jake had from their time in Philly. All I know is poor JJ won't even garner a mention as his family faces turmoil.

• Love 2

One thing I do kind of like is the thought that there's a big reveal before a big party.  Now, I'm guessing there won't be a big party because of budget and COVID but the idea reminds me of when there used to be big parties with sometimes multiple big secrets revealed.  Kinda fun.

And so until I see the anemic reality of it, I will remember the good years.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, boes said:

That was so awful it was almost funny, but only in retrospect.  Worst of all, it brought Zach Grayson to town.

I remember Zach Grayson! But I seemed to have blocked out the Erica mess. My mind is trying to protect me from that horror, obviously!

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

It's sounds like Gwen is finally targeting Jack - via hurting Abigail but at least it's not going to be all about Abby from here on out. I do think she's going to turn out to be Jack's daughter conceived after Abigail was born, which is dumb because the Gwen actress looks older than either version of Abby. I'd rather she not be Jack's daughter because, as some have said, it is nice that the Deverauxs are the only family with full siblings and no half-sibs or step-sibs. Plus, J&J will always be my favorite couple and I hate that Jack fathered a kid with someone else, but alas. I also think making Gwen Jack's daughter is only a recent development, there's no way that was the plan when she first came on the show. Back then she was all about feuding with Gabi over Jake and whatever the hell mob ties she & Jake had from their time in Philly. All I know is poor JJ won't even garner a mention as his family faces turmoil.

Of course not. However given the current state of the show this is a blessing in disguise. I wish Casey Moss could find a better gig though.

19 hours ago, howmanywords said:

There was a leaked audition video that was floating around earlier today (and now deleted) that pretty much gave away that Ciara is alive and being held captive somewhere. So of course we have to see Hope leave thinking her daughter is dead and you know of course, again Ben will be the hero 🙄

This is why I'm glad KA didn't film an exit storyline she would've exalted Ben's virtues.. and hard pass.

• Love 5

Ugh to the Seige 2.0 - couldn't they have filled these extra episodes with something else more meaningful? I would rather see Steve and Kayla working through more of their obvious issues so their reunion feels more satisfying....or maybe Philip telling Claire about how he spent the last few years...

....I'm hoping the JJ return is so he can support friendless Melinda in her justice campaign against Kristen.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, worleybird said:

For those wondering episodes through Monday, October 19th were partially taped the week of March 9-13 and partially taped from September 1-4.

Episodes from October 20-27 were taped between September 7-11.

They are currently on "Production Suspended" (whatever that means) . Weeks of October 12 and 19.

Week of October 26-30 they will be filming episodes that will air December 9-18.

courtesy Jason47.com

Just saw in the Behind the scenes thread that someone from the production crew tested positive for the 'Rona and that was why production was shut down for 14 days.

If I understand this math correctly, they film for 5 days and get 8 episodes?  They are six weeks ahead of airing and getting father ahead each week get farther ahead.  The two-week shut down puts them back to six weeks ahead again. 

Is that the right of things?

In other thoughts, that story was mostly speculation?  I agree with the speculation, makes sense to me.  A couple of note:
- Emily (who plays Gwen) is a Brit. And she's speaking in a Contemporary RP accent (I believe)- which could mean nothing(just her normal voice) OR could signal we are not to know where Gwen came from. RP is given a variety of associations but generally 'broadcaster' and 'well-educated' are in the vein of what it infers.  It hides where you come form and can be sometimes considered more formal. So IF the accent is on purpose, I'd say Gwen did not live in poverty - she had a proper education.  If I look at her comfort with the family scotch decanter and servants, I'd even suspect money in her upbringing.  JUST speculating.  But while her upbringing may not have wonderful and supporting, I'll be surprised if it was impoverish.
- I just can't with the tear stained grainy footage we're going to get of Ciara.  And Hope not being there for it.

• Love 2

So Marlena will once again get kidnap, wow! how original, Ron?  You are living up to your nickname, Reron.  Marlena should have security at all times, this is ridiculous.  These Marlena in distress storylines are now stale and she should be suffering from PTSD from the many time she has suffered trauma over the years.  

• Love 6

While I agree Marlena in distress is a repeat that's been airing practically on a loop since the '80s, I'm just glad to have Orpheus and his delightfully snarky comments back. (If only he could get his old wardrobe back too.) But  I do love when he insults and one ups the Salemites. Also pull the trigger, Rolf! Pull the trigger!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

While I agree Marlena in distress is a repeat that's been airing practically on a loop since the '80s, I'm just glad to have Orpheus and his delightfully snarky comments back. (If only he could get his old wardrobe back too.) But  I do love when he insults and one ups the Salemites. Also pull the trigger, Rolf! Pull the trigger!

I do love Orpheus but he should have remained dead or he should have come back when Marlena came back from the dead in the 90's. I hated that the show made Stefano be behind her disappearance years ago when it was Orpheus.. It was the beginning of Stefano being a supervillain that took away from his mystique in my opinion.. 

The last time that Marlena was kidnapped and had repercussions that drove stories for years was the pit storyline.. I absolutely adored that story because it was not a gimmick, it was about Marlena and what makes her tick, her resilience and her willingness to fight to survive her ordeal.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3