Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29zgqx4yvw2b7bjxd5qt

She flexes on all the locals in Horton Square. 

Well not everyone can pull off the uphlostery look like she does... 

I actually think Gabi's style is pretty good(albeit a little too revealing for my tastes but she has the body for it). Lani also dresses pretty well(that's the only nice thing I can say about her tbh).

As far as older women I find Kayla's outfits pretty cute for her age.

• Love 2

Have to admit I'm kind of looking forward to this one of Gabi finding Jake/Kate in bed together. As much as I think its terrible that Gabi is fighting with a nearly 70 year old woman for a man..  only thing better is if Vivian were with her.

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

FRIEND!!!! Yes, the fact that she was responsible for Shawn Sr. dying is another reason SHE should be dead. And I mean DEAD. Isabella dead. Not Salem/Dr. Rolf "dead".

This is why I cannot stand characters like Kristen, the serial killer with abs and Ava.  They can do heinous things and face no consequences.. In fact, they are rewarded by getting everything they always wanted..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

Of the three I would say Ben paid the most as he actually was in a mental institution etc albeit not for long. The worst thing they did was bring him back. If the show wanted RSW to return they should've done what GH did and given him a twin brother who dealt with Ben's baggage ala Kevin/Ryan. 

However yes I agree about the lack of consequences it makes everything they wrote beforehand meaningless. If they don't care the audience won't. This is why many have tuned out tbh.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Of the three I would say Ben paid the most as he actually was in a mental institution etc albeit not for long. The worst thing they did was bring him back. If the show wanted RSW to return they should've done what GH did and given him a twin brother who dealt with Ben's baggage ala Kevin/Ryan. 

However yes I agree about the lack of consequences it makes everything they wrote beforehand meaningless. If they don't care the audience won't. This is why many have tuned out tbh.

I love your post and you should write for the show. Ben's twin coming to town, being his polar opposite but feeling drawn to his twin could have been a good story. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

This is why I cannot stand characters like Kristen, the serial killer with abs and Ava.  They can do heinous things and face no consequences.. In fact, they are rewarded by getting everything they always wanted..

I'll go even deeper and say this is one of the big reasons so many soaps have died and are still dying: There used to be payoff and consequences for villains. Now, as you say, TIIC fall for them and twist up into down and try to sweep their crimes under the rug and give them a sob story for "redemption", and REWARD them.

No wonder viewers tune out. Some actors and characters should just have a finite shelf life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love your post and you should write for the show. Ben's twin coming to town, being his polar opposite but feeling drawn to his twin could have been a good story. 

RSW playing Ben's twin arriving in Salem and dealing with all the people that hate him because of his face(Chad, Abby, JJ etc ) then enter Ciara who's a broken woman inside because of her rape and losing her father etc becomes the reason that makes him want to stay in Salem even though he had every reason to leave. They could've been paired and Ciara won't seem brain dead in the process..

He could still deal with the angst of paying for his brother's sins despite not being like his brother. The story writes itself instead Ben is rather useless at this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

RSW playing Ben's twin arriving in Salem and dealing with all the people that hate him because of his face(Chad, Abby, JJ etc ) then enter Ciara who's a broken woman inside because of her rape and losing her father etc becomes the reason that makes him want to stay in Salem even though he had every reason to leave. They could've been paired and Ciara won't seem brain dead in the process..

He could still deal with the angst of paying for his brother's sins despite not being like his brother. The story writes itself instead Ben is rather useless at this point.

Add in Ben playing psychological games with him pushing him to struggle with his dark side.  Eventually Ben will switch places with him and all hell breaks loose..  Ben who has nothing to lose will rain down so much destruction on Salem...

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

The winter promo that was shown after Days of Days tonight..Joey out of jail! Kayla strangling Ava! Phloe! Looks like Will will be back for a Christmas visit 

That's a good promo. Was that original teen Joey or a recast?

Okay so...

Why not recast Joey? He was a weak actor.  Glad he's getting out but...not sure this guy will make it satisfying to watch...

YAY TO WILL COMING BACK!!!

I want a Dyansty-style fight around the room where Kayla rips all of Ava's hairs out one by one...not Steve holding her back.

Really wish Eric were back for Xmas with Nicole and Holly.

Didn't expect to see Anna and Tony again. What does she know about Gwen?

• Love 2

Regarding the Winter Promo:

Steve better not be stupid enough to allow Ava to stay in Kayla's apartment for even one night. For that matter, Tripp better not be presumptuous enough to invite his mother to stay either. This better be a case of Ava breaking in or something.

Jennifer & Bonnie are now buddies? Okay...

At least Jack's kids appear to forgive him for his ONS. I'm glad he's no longer being shunned. 

Anna knows who Gwen is? Makes me think they have a prior connection either through Stefano or from social circles in whatever European country Anna lives in. Something about this 'connection' makes me believe even more that Gwen is not Jack's daughter.

Are you fucking kidding me...Ben now gets to take part in the Horton family Xmas tradition?? He was married to Ciara for all of 1 week and now he gets to sully the Horton Xmas tree?? NOOO, fuck no. Also, how damn long is Ciara gonna keep haunting this show?! Move on already.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Okay so...

Why not recast Joey? He was a weak actor.  Glad he's getting out but...not sure this guy will make it satisfying to watch...

YAY TO WILL COMING BACK!!!

I want a Dyansty-style fight around the room where Kayla rips all of Ava's hairs out one by one...not Steve holding her back.

Really wish Eric were back for Xmas with Nicole and Holly.

Didn't expect to see Anna and Tony again. What does she know about Gwen?

I think Joey isn't sticking around tbh this is to wrap up a loose end then he'll want to leave Salem for a fresh start. If that's the case I don't have an issue with it being the same actor in fact I prefer it in this instance.

He'll probably live with Stephanie off screen or something.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Regarding the Winter Promo:

Jennifer & Bonnie are now buddies? Okay...

At least Jack's kids appear to forgive him for his ONS. I'm glad he's no longer being shunned. 

Well Jennifer/Bonnie bonding isn't that absurd considering Patrick/Jennifer were friends and he delivered JJ(surely Bonnie will bring that up if they were to ever meet).  

I was never under the impression Jack was shunned(considering this seems like a drive by storyline) by his kids at least. Abby was angry and JJ was disappointed but I think his reaction was a lot more even keeled than Abby's. Julie is another story.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well Jennifer/Bonnie bonding isn't that absurd considering Patrick/Jennifer were friends and he delivered JJ(surely Bonnie will bring that up if they were to ever meet).  

I was never under the impression Jack was shunned(considering this seems like a drive by storyline) by his kids at least. Abby was angry and JJ was disappointed but I think his reaction was a lot more even keeled than Abby's. Julie is another story.

I think that "Bonnie" is Adrienne... Ron is setting it up with everybody being cool and comfortable with "Bonnie".

• Love 6
On 11/21/2020 at 12:01 PM, CanaryFan98 said:
As much as I think its terrible that Gabi is fighting with a nearly 70 year old woman for a man..  only thing better is if Vivian were with her.

Yes that would be worth watching if for nothing else but to hear Vivian's snarky comments. 

21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That would be a great start! But even better if it ended with...

Kayla killing Ava with her bare hands while Lani stands around watching and shrugging, "Hey Kayla is a mother who lost her baby to prison.  I won't even mention it to Eli this time. I'd offer to help you get rid of the body, but my pregnant back is killing me."

Kayla: "Thanks Lani, I owe you one so my physician labor & delivery fees are on the house this time."

Steve: "Don't worry, Sweetness, I'll go bury that bitch who raped me. I still remember where Stefano hide his bodies."

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ha!

...except of course Steve dug up Stefano's corpse so...he's just as creepy in that regard (are we supposed to be ignoring that that happened?)

I actually forgot this which is weird because I remember Hope killing Stefano(which they kept trying to retcon even though it shouldn't have happened in the first place)

A better scenario would be if Stefano knew he was dying and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory so he set up his own death and framed Hope for it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I actually forgot this which is weird because I remember Hope killing Stefano(which they kept trying to retcon even though it shouldn't have happened in the first place)

A better scenario would be if Stefano knew he was dying and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory so he set up his own death and framed Hope for it.

I would have preferred he framed Roman, the retcon of John not being Roman supplanted his original beef with Roman, it became all about John and his stupid million backstories..  People forget that Roman was determined to take down philanthropic "businessman" Stefano and expose him as a criminal to the world and it came at a price..  Roman lost the most out of all of Stefano's victims. 

Wayne Northrup who played original Roman left the show in part because he said with John around Roman became irrelevant and obsolete.. Years later we can say without a doubt that he was so right...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Wayne Northrup who played original Roman left the show in part because he said with John around Roman became irrelevant and obsolete.. Years later we can say without a doubt that he was so right...

Roman is the more important/interesting character whether it was Wayne playing him or Drake playing him. John as a character is stupid and has never been interesting no matter how many backstories  they threw at him.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 5
Just now, nilyank said:

Roman is the more importatnt/interesting character whether it was Wayne playing him or Drake playing him. John as a character is stupid and has never been interesting no matter how many backstories they they threw at him.

I wish that I could like your post one thousand times...

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I would have preferred he framed Roman, the retcon of John not being Roman supplanted his original beef with Roman, it became all about John and his stupid million backstories..  People forget that Roman was determined to take down philanthropic "businessman" Stefano and expose him as a criminal to the world and it came at a price..  Roman lost the most out of all of Stefano's victims. 

Wayne Northrup who played original Roman left the show in part because he said with John around Roman became irrelevant and obsolete.. Years later we can say without a doubt that he was so right...

That would be my first preference that either Roman killed him or Roman was framed for it. A full circle moment however the show doesn't care about Roman and they used Hope for this...

I don't blame WN although I don't get why he returned as Alex North if he felt that way. I mean I agree with him but still...

7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, but Shane said that wasn't him in the last video of Stefano.

That was them seeing a video of Stefano outside...in other words, a Stefano sighting *after* the jail cell scene.

As written, it was intended that Shane had been pretending to be Stefano in the final jail cell scenes with Rafe, Anna and Marlena. I hated that.

Such complete disrespect to Joe, who showed up in his final days to film because they never bothered to preplan an ending for his character, even when he was beginning to suffer from health issues.

...they revealed that Shane and Steve had dug up (ugh) Stefano's coffin, removed his dead body and buried his body elsewhere so the coffin would be "empty!", created a believable Stefano mask and costume, went around Prague trying to be seen, "kidnapped" Marlena at the ball in order to get caught, pretended to be Stefano in the jail cell and then "escaped". What came afterwards was them seeing an image or video of Stefano walking around, making them go... "huh??"

It was so terrible. They just could have let it be the real Stefano escaping jail one last time, let Joe play his character, and left it at that. Was it stupid he survived being shot point-blank by Hope, crumpling to the floor, being dragged around and then buried in a building that exploded? Absolutely. But he's cheated death before, so whatever.

They robbed Joe of his final bow. Classless.

I'm hoping we never see that loose thread resolved. Let's just forget how Shane "wore a mask" and leave it at "Stefano was last seen running around somewhere after escaping the jail cell".

(I have limitless rage over that ending, I really do. Poor Joe. This show didn't honor him as they should have.)

I would really like to know why they didn't use Roman in the storyline at all. With John "visiting his mother" (Drake recovering from injuries), it would only make sense Roman would step in. They were enemies. Rafe was...just kinda there. Not your moment Rafe.

Edited by DisneyBoy

This show stopped caring about Roman when Wayne returned and DH's Roman became John. After that it was official John took over Roman's life.

At this point JT's Roman is more of a Deveraux than a Brady as he seems to gravitate towards the Devereaux family drama.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This show stopped caring about Roman when Wayne returned and DH's Roman became John. After that it was official John took over Roman's life.

At this point JT's Roman is more of a Deveraux than a Brady as he seems to gravitate towards the Devereaux family drama.

In a way, I think it was the TIIC's way of maybe tacitly admitting that "de-Roman-ing" DH's John may have been a huge mistake since Wayne Northrop didn't stay. But since they had both Shawn/Belle and Brady/Theresa (Jeannie), they could not undo that error, so maybe to them, making JT's Roman irrelevant was the "compromise" those behind the scenes thought up?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

In a way, I think it was the TIIC's way of maybe tacitly admitting that "de-Roman-ing" DH's John may have been a huge mistake since Wayne Northrop didn't stay. But since they had both Shawn/Belle and Brady/Theresa (Jeannie), they could not undo that error, so maybe to them, making JT's Roman irrelevant was the "compromise" those behind the scenes thought up?

Since Days does everything pretty shoddy these days, I would be totally okay if they could get Wayne for a brief stint where they re-established him as Roman, settled the character, and then finally admitted that Josh Taylor has been and still is Chris Kositchek! Might as well because Josh plays the same character. They even have Roman running the pub like Chris ran Shenanigans. For us original 80s viewers it would be less confusing. 😁  For never viewers a simple, "The role of Roman Brady is now being resumed by original actor Wayne Northrop and we now reintroduce the character of Chris Kositchek, played by Josh Taylor" should suffice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

They didn't frame it this way but he retired after the scandal with Hope covering up her murder of Stefano. Considering he helped with that, it made sense.

...but then Hope became Commissioner so...🙄

Honestly, I prefer him at the pub. Suits Josh better.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm confused by JJ's departure today...I thought he was hanging around until Xmas?

I deeply hope Jake stays Jake. I have no use for Stefan.

I thought so to till I posted in the Casting thread that he was leaving today. Although what was the point in his visit if he didn't really do anything. His return was slightly better than Theo's(only because he's allowed to interact beyond him). I did point out to someone weeks ago that Gabi would return right when JJ leaves so the characters don't interact. I was joking at the time but who knew I'd be right?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Nicole reels from Allie’s news.

8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Kate advises Allie on her next move

I have zero idea as to what is going on here, but if Kate is advising Allie it's probably not good for Tripp.

• Useful 1