Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

It is when she bargains with Eli that she will not charge Lani - who DID commit a crime and should be charged - IF he manages to get a confession or some real evidence against her.

That's within her discretion, though.  She might know how hard it'd be to get a cop convicted.  Maybe she doesn't feel like it's worth it. And, as you said, plea deals are made all the time.

• Love 5

This came to me when reading over the spoilers, what if Allie's real rapist is the father of her child and he now seeks custody of little Henry.  I saw an episode of Law&Order SVU where a lady got raped, she decided to have her baby and her rapist sought custody of that child. In real life, a woman got raped, got pregnant had her baby and when her rapist got out prison sued her for visitation rights and got it.  Ron is sick enough to do something like this.. In his ignorance, he erroneously believes that controversial stories mean he is being edgy and innovative..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Then the plea deal should be between the DA and LANI (and her attorney), not Eli. It is not up to him to have to save Lani.

Lani hasn't even officially been arrested and she doesn't actually have "proof" that Lani helped Kristen escape.  She's guessing based on body language.  She guessed correctly but there is apparently no recording where Lani confesses.  Proving that's what happened in court might be more difficult. But Eli knows it's truth and it's enough for him to feel the pressure which is what Melinda is counting on.

So in a situation like that, a DA has a lot of discretion, especially if she doesn't feel like she has a strong case against Lani.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

This came to me when reading over the spoilers, what if Allie's real rapist is the father of her child and he now seeks custody of little Henry.  I saw an episode of Law&Order SVU where a lady got raped, she decided to have her baby and her rapist sought custody of that child. In real life, a woman got raped, got pregnant had her baby and when her rapist got out prison sued her for visitation rights and got it.  Ron is sick enough to do something like this.. In his ignorance, he erroneously believes that controversial stories mean he is being edgy and innovative..

Plus Allie is connected to two rich families: The Hortons and Dimeras I could see this actually.

• Love 2

If they do a custody trial for Allie and her rapist, I can totally see Ron calling back to the Alan trial but having Sami be the Carrie.  Let's face it, given the EJ situation it wouldn't take much for the rapist's lawyer to get Sami to admit that she thinks rapists make great fathers and husbands and should have joint custody of their rape babies.  We know Ron loves the Allie/Sami drama and this would definitely cause a massive blow up.

It could be good drama, especially if they were prepared to really delve deep into the EJ thing (although I wouldn't trust Ron not to screw it up).  The rapist's lawyer could really set Sami up perfectly.  Like, first ask her how she feels about Allie's rapist and let her go on a tangent about him being an evil creep who has no right to be near Allie or the baby.  Then, lawyer could segue into asking what the deal is with Allie and her twin having different fathers and ask Sami point blank if EJ raped her, as she claimed many years ago.  Sami could get flustered and say it was a complicated situation, and eventually have to go into detail about what happened and admit she was raped.  Then when the lawyer asks she why she married her rapist and had another kid with him she could do the whole "he changed and became a better man, he's a great husband and father" spiel.  The lawyer, having set the trap, says Sami and Allie had the same "complicated" situation so shouldn't Allie's rapist have the same chance as EJ to be a better man and have a relationship with Allie and the baby?  Emotional Sami is then forced to admit that the situations are the same and if EJ deserved a chance then so does Allie's rapist.   Cue furious Allie who is livid that Sami basically ended up testifying in favour of her rapist.

I could also see there being some being shenanigans with the paternity.  Like, if Tripp and Allie did have consensual sex and she is later raped/drugged, he could decide to meddle in any paternity test to try and make sure the rape allegation go away.  This causes real rapist to come forward and claim paternity, and then during the custody case Tripp has to come clean to prevent real rapist getting shared custody of Tripp's actual kid.  Or, the real rapist changes the test to show himself as the father and then sues for custody, but later on during a medical emergency for little Billy Bob it is discovered that rapist can't be the father and it's Tripp kid etc.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ok, I'm gonna need you to do a hostile takeover and become the new head writer. Like I want to be scrolling through the credits and see Head Writer: @bubble sparkly (keep the Primetimer name cause it's fun). That whole thing sounds compelling and an opportunity for excellent fallout. BUT I'll need that fallout to include rapist baby daddy to not gain custody and Sami to reevaluate her personal life. Ideally she'll kick EJ's zombified body to the curb but I'll settle for her being honest with herself and the kids.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

If they do a custody trial for Allie and her rapist, I can totally see Ron calling back to the Alan trial but having Sami be the Carrie.  Let's face it, given the EJ situation it wouldn't take much for the rapist's lawyer to get Sami to admit that she thinks rapists make great fathers and husbands and should have joint custody of their rape babies.  We know Ron loves the Allie/Sami drama and this would definitely cause a massive blow up.

Something similar crossed my mind early on. I wondered if Allie’s reason for wanting Sami out of the loop could be grounded in Allie knowing that Sami chose to have her children’s lives revolve around her rapist (even when it meant taking the stepchild Allie away from her own non-rapist father). “Mom, I didn’t want you to know because I knew you’d say my rapist only raped me because he loved me so much and that I had to co-parent with him, like you and EJ.”

Of course I knew the show would never do that because Ejami has been the signature couple for so long. And because the show always screws up with consent issues. So I expect the story will eventually be “confused Allie wrongfully accused innocent Tripp of rape and that’s why we shouldn’t listen to women when it comes to sexual assault.” 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

It could be good drama, especially if they were prepared to really delve deep into the EJ thing (although I wouldn't trust Ron not to screw it up).  The rapist's lawyer could really set Sami up perfectly.  Like, first ask her how she feels about Allie's rapist and let her go on a tangent about him being an evil creep who has no right to be near Allie or the baby.  Then, lawyer could segue into asking what the deal is with Allie and her twin having different fathers and ask Sami point blank if EJ raped her, as she claimed many years ago.  Sami could get flustered and say it was a complicated situation, and eventually have to go into detail about what happened and admit she was raped.  Then when the lawyer asks she why she married her rapist and had another kid with him she could do the whole "he changed and became a better man, he's a great husband and father" spiel.  The lawyer, having set the trap, says Sami and Allie had the same "complicated" situation so shouldn't Allie's rapist have the same chance as EJ to be a better man and have a relationship with Allie and the baby?  Emotional Sami is then forced to admit that the situations are the same and if EJ deserved a chance then so does Allie's rapist.   Cue furious Allie who is livid that Sami basically ended up testifying in favour of her rapist.

I could also see there being some being shenanigans with the paternity.  Like, if Tripp and Allie did have consensual sex and she is later raped/drugged, he could decide to meddle in any paternity test to try and make sure the rape allegation go away.  This causes real rapist to come forward and claim paternity, and then during the custody case Tripp has to come clean to prevent real rapist getting shared custody of Tripp's actual kid.  Or, the real rapist changes the test to show himself as the father and then sues for custody, but later on during a medical emergency for little Billy Bob it is discovered that rapist can't be the father and it's Tripp kid etc.

I love your ideas, how would you incorporate Johnny and Sydney, EJ is their father. What about Will and his own complicated past with EJ? He did try to kill him..  What about Lucas? There could be so many layers to this story, if only you were writing and not Ron..

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love your ideas, how would you incorporate Johnny and Sydney, EJ is their father. What about Will and his own complicated past with EJ? He did try to kill him..  What about Lucas? There could be so many layers to this story, if only you were writing and not Ron..

Not that I want to see any of that but the story only works if they recast EJ because what's the point about talking about it in the abstract if he isn't on the show.

But Ron doesn't do layers and I would rather not have him make things worse. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Not that I want to see any of that but the story only works if they recast EJ because what's the point about talking about it in the abstract if he isn't on the show.

But Ron doesn't do layers and I would rather not have him make things worse. 

You can write around EJ and make it compelling, seeing how the fallout would affect Allie, her twin Johnny who was a child of rape and Sydney who is EJ's daughter and perhaps Sami has a lot of unresolved guilt concerning Sydney's kidnapping and being away from her for 1 year.  I could see Sami still feeling guilty over not being able recognize her own baby.  Did Ejamie ever discuss the rape? I do remember them using Sami's rape of Austin to handwave Sami's rape by EJ. I don't even know what to say about that twisted logic to defend the indefensible.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

You can write around EJ and make it compelling

Yep. If they brought on EJ, recast or not, the focus would end up on him and the relationship with Sami. Leaving him offscreen would allow the focus to be on Allie, Sami, and Johnny and Sydney if they chose to bring them on.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Did Ejamie ever discuss the rape? I do remember them using Sami's rape of Austin to handwave Sami's rape by EJ. I don't even know what to say about that twisted logic to defend the indefensible.

They talked about it as EJ apologized for what he did to her and Sami forgave him for what happened that night. She didn't want to have how Johnny was conceived to hang over him. She talked about how she did the same thing to Austin  and she understood how EJ thought that Sami would have changed her mind about him after they were together with each other that first time. They hashed it outThis conversation happened prior to them sleeping together and conceiving Sydney.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

They talked about it as EJ apologized for what he did to her and Sami forgave him for what happened that night. She didn't want to have how Johnny was conceived to hang over him. She talked about how she did the same thing to Austin  and she understood how EJ thought that Sami would have changed her mind about him after they were together with each other that first time. They hashed it outThis conversation happened prior to them sleeping together and conceiving Sydney.

Thank you for the information, the only thing that I remember about the story was Lucas walking in on Ejamie after they had done the deed, poor Lucas! I will never understand why the show dislikes him so much..

• Love 2

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Johnny and Sydney (and EJ) don't show up all all during the next year.  For whatever reason in recent years Days seems to generally avoid bringing back legacy siblings (maybe it's a budget issue since he show clearly has no money?)  We never saw any of Sonny's brothers, Theresa's bother didn't come back, Stephanie hasn't shown up since Steve and Kayla returned and Joey was SORASed etc.  Maybe it will be different since it's Sami and she has always been a big character, but it wouldn't shock me at all if the other two are barely mentioned and stay offscreen in Italy.

If they do show up, I think the most interesting thing to do with Johnny would be for him to find out about the rape and not care.  The last we heard of him he sounded like as much of a spoilt brat wild child as Allie, and Sami begged Rafe to come and live with her for a while to get him under control lol.  Also, given EJ was dead for ages and probably deified a bit like is common when someone dies, he probably grew up hero-worshiping EJ.  Throw in him feeling like he had to be the man of the house because EJ was dead or a zombie vegetable, and I could see a teenager / early 20s guy swanning around ordering DiMera goons to do random shit and getting puffed up feeling like he's a little mob boss.  I think it would be fascinating if Johnny heard the story of his conception and was all "you said yes in the end so it's not rape.  you married him anyway so what's the big deal?".  Then Sami has to grapple with the fact that her son is exactly like EJ, and how does she feel having a son who doesn't seem to get the big deal about consent issues?  Is it only a matter of time before he dates rapes a girl, or can she actually get him to understand and change?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Stephanie hasn't shown up since Steve and Kayla returned and Joey was SORASed etc. 

Actually, she did...for Steve and Kayla's Valentine's Day wedding if I have the timing of that correct. I remember she was there because she seemed all the more impressive next to that putz who was playing Joey and constantly pulling focus away from Steve during the wedding ceremony by patting him on the back and nudging him and smiling big. It was really annoying. It was like he wanted to be in every single shot. Not your moment man!

1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Sami begged Rafe to come and live with her for a while to get him under control lol.

See, I had remembered that Rafe was asked to come and help her with Allie. Or was it Lucas that was asked to come help her with Allie? Wow, it's all the more hilarious that Sami was trying to take her grandson off to Europe and care for him when she's had to literally beg for volunteers to come to Europe to help her with her actual children in the recent past.

• Love 2

Yes that was the last time we saw Stephanie and even though we never saw those two interact before that their scenes seemed natural. She fit on Days and I really loved her romance with Phillip. Course they ruined it for Melanie....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

See, I had remembered that Rafe was asked to come and help her with Allie. Or was it Lucas that was asked to come help her with Allie? Wow, it's all the more hilarious that Sami was trying to take her grandson off to Europe and care for him when she's had to literally beg for volunteers to come to Europe to help her with her actual children in the recent past.

Nothing wrong with that, it takes a village to raise a child.  It is always blessing to have a support system when you are raising children.  Just because Sami asked Lucas and Rafe to help with the kids when they were giving her problems does not mean she was a bad mother, quite the opposite actually.  Lucas is Allie's dad and even though I hate Rafe, he did love Sami's kids. Being a parent does not mean you always have the right answers hence the support system..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Rafe said that Johnny was having a tough time because of what was happening with EJ, but we weren't told exactly what that meant. Rafe insinuated  that Sami asked for his help with Johnny but that could have been Rafe deciding that he knew what was best and volunteering to going over to help out. Rafe was gone for maybe less than a month in real time or probably just a week in Days time.

As for Lucas, he went to spend the holidays with Allie after the whole thing with Bonnie and the baby turned out not to be his. He regretted not having a bigger role in raising his chldren. Lucas grew concerned with Allie's drinking when he visited her and decided to move to be closer to her. 

Sami has raised most of children for most of their childhood on her own. That she may have needed Rafe (for a month) and Lucas (who  showed up for Allie after she reached potential drinking age) during a time of great difficulty when she was caring for an injured EJ does not negate the fact that Sami was the primary/sole custodial parent to her three youngest children. 

After finding that Will was alive in Nashville, Sami gave up the search for EJ. She was not longer globetrotting trying to find him. She spent the next few years raising her children until Kristen kidnapped her prior to Marlena/John 1000th wedding. None of her family had gone to visit or help with the kids during that time including a back from the dead Will.

• Love 5

Oh I agree it's good to ask for help...but asking your ex husbands to jump a continent..? Why is she even in Italy if she doesn't have trusted friends there?

Whatever - it's hardly the weirdest narrative choice they made...

Edited by DisneyBoy
15 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh I agree it's good to ask for help...but asking your ex husbands to jump a continent

It was kind of funny when Sami was saying she didn't want Rafe to adopt Allie's baby because it would be too weird.  I agree, it would be super weird, but no weirder than asking your ex-husband of like 5 or so years ago to fly to a whole other country and help out with his former step-kid lol!

19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Whatever - it's hardly the weirdest narrative choice they made...

For me, the weirdest narrative choice regarding Sami and her kids is that they didn't come back with her for Will's funeral, Will's un-deading, and Will's recent nearly fatal brain thing.  That was just truly bizarre.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

It was kind of funny when Sami was saying she didn't want Rafe to adopt Allie's baby because it would be too weird.  I agree, it would be super weird, but no weirder than asking your ex-husband of like 5 or so years ago to fly to a whole other country and help out with his former step-kid lol!

For me, the weirdest narrative choice regarding Sami and her kids is that they didn't come back with her for Will's funeral, Will's un-deading, and Will's recent nearly fatal brain thing.  That was just truly bizarre.

See, I think this is just another example of lazy/bad writing.  Just because two ADULTS decide they no longer want to be married, it doesn't necessarily follow that a person would not longer have contact with their step-children.  It shouldn't have been weird at all , especially if Johnny was struggling with fall-out/emotions specific to Rafe being on another continent.  Maybe he just needed reassurance that Rafe valued his relationship with HIM as a person, not that Rafe put up with him because he was Sami's appendage.  And the whole Allie/baby thing should never have happened because Allie would have known that it would cause too many problems.

Because the writers are constantly focusing on DRAMA (killings, kidnappings, comas, someone back from the dead and any other overused plotline I've forgotten) they miss the nuances that would make this a compelling show.  I'm not saying it has to be a major thing but it would add so much to the show to occasionally have people talk about texting, e-mailing, skyping or even visiting off camera characters (like how they occasionally mention Steve and Kayla visiting Joey.)  It would also be background way of getting people out if their silos - where they're all forced to only interact with certain people.  There could have been countless visits from/with characters that we simply didn't see.  Just like they don't show people going to the grocery store or cleaning their apartment (even though we supposedly assume they at some point, do indeed, buy groceries or clean) characters could have many background communications with off-screen characters.

I thought Sami WAS there for both Will's "undeading" and when he recovered his memories.  But yes, they could have mentioned Sami and the kids being there without having to actually show it.

• Love 3

I REALLY think that Kayla should fill the 'Coroner' position at the hospital.  Because people end up in the morge, are carted/WALK away, and then no one TELLS anyone.  Maybe the janitorial staff just put the bodies out by the dumpster in the back to make it easier for Evil Mad Scientists to pick up the corpses and begin experimentation.  Wait... maybe SUSAN is in charge of the Coroner job and this is how she runs things (virtually from Tennessee).  

Note:  All this in response to Ava Vitali being back.

Edited by SueB
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

So Allie might get assaulted again, I think that I may have to take a break from this show.. This is just too much.. Ron needs to talk to a professional about his obsession with rape.. 

While I agree with you, rape has always been a fixation on this show before Ron so it goes beyond him. 

However with this story I can't help but wonder if they want this show cancelled and want to alienate the viewers they have left. I mean that makes more sense than them thinking this is a good storyline.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6

It may be a good storyline for a more established character. I would love a glimpse in to Allie’s party girl, fun loving life. She just is bland and not particularly compelling or interesting. Show the double life if that is what it was. Maybe that will change.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While I agree with you, rape has always been a fixation on this show before Ron so it goes beyond him. 

Preach. This show might as well be named Days of Raped/Sex Worker Lives because this show has been fixated on those themes for decades. With all the practice they'd had with rape storylines and hookers you'd think they'd be at least mildly ok at this sort of thing but, no, they're awful at it. And how fixated are they? Just pick any year from 1980 on and just try to find a rapist/rape victim/rape spawn or hooker/reformed hooker/pimp episode. There are times when they'll have all three in the same scene. Because they're that shameless.

I can't believe they're going there with Allie. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, boes said:

So sexual assault isn't enough?  Need to get all incesty too?  

Every time you think it can't get worse, it does.

I know. Not that Allie would know either Joey or Tripp or that they were related. Johnson is a common surname. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

That article, as are most of them, was just speculation. Just the same as we do when we see characters coming back. At least they aren't trying to say that Tripp has a secret twin.

Yes thank you. Before I get too angry I'm going to wait for something concrete though its all so sick I wouldnt put it past Ron. I'm in wait and see mode. I'm annoyed enough at Tripp's obnoxious mother returning.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

That site gives me a headache with how they word things ("DAYS history reminds...", "spoilers remind that..."). Yes, they do have actually spoilers most of the time, but this latest is just pure speculation IMO. I hate that without any evidence they are spreading the rumor that Joey may be Allie's rapist as part of some revenge plot against Tripp. First, that would be total insanity and instead of destroying Tripp's character it would destroy Joey. I'll pass, thanks. Second what kind of disgusting son of bitch comes up with this brothers-as-rivals story and makes a woman's rape take a back seat?? Oh, God, are they trying to recreate the sublime rape story of Jack/Kayla/Steve with Joey/Allie/Tripp?! I really hope this crap is just SoapDirt's speculation and nothing more. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

When is that filler story thing supposed to be happening? Shouldn't it be soon? Also, what exactly is it lol? I am so confused.

Late October its apparently holiday related so the year is caught up(since Days no longer has that long tape to air delay).

7 hours ago, JaneDigby said:

Preach. This show might as well be named Days of Raped/Sex Worker Lives because this show has been fixated on those themes for decades. With all the practice they'd had with rape storylines and hookers you'd think they'd be at least mildly ok at this sort of thing but, no, they're awful at it. And how fixated are they? Just pick any year from 1980 on and just try to find a rapist/rape victim/rape spawn or hooker/reformed hooker/pimp episode. There are times when they'll have all three in the same scene. Because they're that shameless.

I can't believe they're going there with Allie. 

Yep you would be very hard pressed to find a character male/female on this show that hasn't had sexual relations that weren't rape or considered questionable consent.

Maybe Tom/Alice tbh.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Late October its apparently holiday related so the year is caught up(since Days no longer has that long tape to air delay).

Yep you would be very hard pressed to find a character male/female on this show that hasn't had sexual relations that weren't rape or considered questionable consent.

Maybe Tom/Alice tbh.

Since you are going there, one can say Rojohn and Marlena was objectionable due to the fact that she slept with him believing him to be Roman. I know Drake's Roman was retcon in 1991 and before that he was indeed Roman, but it is a slippery slope if you look at it too long..

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Since you are going there, one can say Rojohn and Marlena was objectionable due to the fact that she slept with him believing him to be Roman. I know Drake's Roman was retcon in 1991 and before that he was indeed Roman, but it is a slippery slope if you look at it too long..

It could arguably be icky if, once they regained their memories, they regretted it happened.

But at least in this instance, one wasn't taking advantage of the other.  They both thought he was Roman. And so did the audience.  And the writers.  The writers didn't try to purposely make it icky to be edgy. 

Here, they're....well I don't know what their purpose is here.  Maybe it's to make Tripp a very rootable character? 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It could arguably be icky if, once they regained their memories, they regretted it happened.

But at least in this instance, one wasn't taking advantage of the other.  They both thought he was Roman. And so did the audience.  And the writers.  The writers didn't try to purposely make it icky to be edgy. 

Here, they're....well I don't know what their purpose is here.  Maybe it's to make Tripp a very rootable character? 

Real Roman asked Marlena, how could she sleep with an impostor and not know the difference.. So much could have been done with the Roman/Marlena/John triangle it could have driven stories for years for the principals, instead the show wrote out Roman and put John with Kristen. 

I don't care for Trip but he is getting a raw deal and his horrid mother is going to come back...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

They really should've kept Drake as Roman with each passing year I think this because Wayne ended up not sticking around and undoing everything made Marlena look bad tbh.  When Roman left town he should've stayed gone instead of the dreaded recast with Josh Taylor(who I liked in other roles but not as Roman) or have him die offscreen because he might as well be dead now as John pretty much took his family/friends. Roman is such a nonfactor now. If Drake stayed as Roman all these years we wouldn't have Shawn/Belle and Tate and Claire wouldn't exist. Which wouldn't bother me but the Brady's might've actually mattered all these years instead of being decimated like they are currently.

• Love 2

I think it's a dumb move to position the new guy as the rapist, or Tripp's half-brother by Ava. I think Claire could really use a boyfriend who's a decent person and the show could use another young man for Philip to play off.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

So does that mean we already saw the filler stuff or that they aren't doing it? Now I'm even more confused about the whole thing.

• Love 3