Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 10/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, Pearson80 said:

I do love Orpheus but he should have remained dead or he should have come back when Marlena came back from the dead in the 90's. I hated that the show made Stefano be behind her disappearance years ago when it was Orpheus.. It was the beginning of Stefano being a supervillain that took away from his mystique in my opinion.. 

That always bugged me too that Marlena's plane went down at the hands of Orpheus, but her absence was explained at the hands of Stefano. Like did Orpheus and Stefano have neighboring islands and she escaped one to crash on the other? Or Stefano had a secret job as an air traffic controller and waved the plane down to capture her? 😀  The overuse of Stefano made his character a joke while the show missed opportunities to have a multitude of villains and better mysteries/suspense. 

Incidentally have they ever said what happened to Orpheus's sister-in-law Olivia?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Cady McClain will make her debut as Jennifer in the weeks of October 26, and here's her interview, courtesy of Daysroyalty.9QGKp5y.png

NvuuEpG.png

33 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

That always bugged me too that Marlena's plane went down at the hands of Orpheus, but her absence was explained at the hands of Stefano. Like did Orpheus and Stefano have neighboring islands and she escaped one to crash on the other? Or Stefano had a secret job as an air traffic controller and waved the plane down to capture her? 😀  The overuse of Stefano made his character a joke while the show missed opportunities to have a multitude of villains and better mysteries/suspense. 

Incidentally have they ever said what happened to Orpheus's sister-in-law Olivia?

Exactly! Stefano was much better in the 80's, he became a joke in the 90's and his obsession with Marlena made him a wimp.. I miss the diversity of villains we used to have that had nothing to do with Stefano.. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Hmm. I wonder if this is the "filler" event.  It kind of seems like something thrown in that can be wrapped in a week.

The spoiler link I posted said that the prison break is the filler event.

• Useful 2

-Orpheus reveals his plans for Marlena.
-Rolf accosts Kayla at gunpoint.
-Orpheus and John face off.
-Marlena delivers Evan to Orpheus. 
-Kayla is horrified by Rolf’s demands.
-Jennifer and Jack find a stunning letter from Hope.

Monday, October 26, 2020
Clyde tricks Allie into letting him into her apartment...

Tuesday, October 27, 2020
A desperate Marlena tries to get Evan released from Bayview.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Kayla is thunderstruck when Rolf reveals his latest scientific endeavor.

Thursday, October 29, 2020
Chad becomes suspicious of Gwen.
Clyde tries to talk Ben out of his plans for Vincent.

Friday, October 30, 2020
Doug and Julie mourn Ciara.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So...Missy gets to help usher Kristian off the show with the note, right? Or will it be Cady?

Like...five days ago?

Yes

Poor Doug/Julie I mean I'm glad to see a spoiler about them together but not over this.

Edited by CanaryFan98
20 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Monday, October 26, 2020

Thursday, October 29, 2020
Chad becomes suspicious of Gwen.
Clyde tries to talk Ben out of his plans for Vincent.

Friday, October 30, 2020
Doug and Julie mourn Ciara.

This is the inevitable "Tripp has a secret twin with exactly the same DNA so it seems like Tripp is the father" "twist" that we've all been anticipating, isn't it?

UGH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well, it has been pointed out that DOOL has done a "half brothers have the same DNA for paternity test purposes" thing before with Lucas and Rex, so it's possible that instead of an identical twin Tripp will have a half brother who is the rapist.  This new Charlie guy seems to be the best bet since he just showed up and is interacting with Claire, but that's just a guess.

ETA: Since this is DOOL, I suppose we can't actually rule out brainwashing lol.  Like, Tripp left Allie and then Dr X intercepted him and injected/hypnotised/whatever him to go back and sleep with Allie for some reason, and Tripp doesn't recall any of this.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 4

I really don't think they'll give Tripp a lookalike...

The last time they pulled something like that out of their asses was when they brought Aiden back...and that's only because they had to. They'd shown him on screen plotting and then attempting to kill Hope. There was no getting around it. Brain Chip Ron wasn't writing then either...so they got desperate, had Andre pull a lookalike out of thin air to get immediately killed by Bo so Aiden could be held in a cell for months....and I think even they knew how badly that made them look. They really obviously screwed the pooch on that one.

They can write this "rape" story any way they want however because nothing was filmed. No need for another desperate move. There's no corner to paint themselves out of.

I got the sense they went with Jake instead of Stefan for similar reasons. The heart transplant was so recent that the audience still remembers it and it can't be glossed over, like all of Jack's organ donations from the last time he died. And then also there's the fact that he raped Abigail which is disgusting, but not insurmountable. What worries me about these "Stefan is really Jake" rumors is that if they do prove true, the show would effectively be hand-waving their shame or any public scorn over that entire storyline being presented as some kind of forbidden romance. Stefan deserves to be left dead because he was A) very boring B) raped a mentally ill woman who was killing people and C) a character who didn't need to exist in the first place. It was nice that he did I guess because it brought Vivian back into the fold, but it was incredibly lazy writing: just take the show's biggest villain invent a son with the same name and people will be delighted! Except we weren't. Leave him dead. I would have preferred seeing Jake want to distance himself from the DiMera family completely and just continue to be his own character rather than him stalking around the mansion with Gwen and Chad and Abigail. Unfortunately this show is obsessed with trying to repeat Stefano's glory days, which is proving impossible. I wish they would stop.

Philip being involved with Ava makes sense given her imminent return. I guess it would also show that Philip went to the dark side a little bit if he became involved with the mob family while away from Salem, but I would believe that given how he was treated by Deimos. He would probably want to have allies who could watch his back. Of course all this begs the question of when did he meet Ava and when was he even aware of her in the first place. Did they know each other back in the day? Did the previous Philip even hear about her before she was killed by Joey? And does this mean that Philip is keeping the secret of the fact that she's back from the dead, and therefore allowing Joey to rot in jail?

I don't really know enough about Ava to understand the implications of him working with her.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
On 10/16/2020 at 10:07 PM, howmanywords said:

Monday, October 26, 2020

This sounds way more interesting than last week's snoozefest.  If Rolf and Orpheus cause mayhem I'm all for it.  But please tell me Clyde isn't Allie's baby daddy though. lol

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is there gonna be a special Halloween ep this year? I feel like that's a thing they do, right? Or did that only happen one time lol I don't even know anymore.

Isn't every episode ghastly enough to count as a Halloween show?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

This baby is Marlena's descendent and a Brady so being kidnapped is a tradition, lol, All of the legacy Brady children have all been kidnapped at some point on the show..

Roman, Bo, Kayla, Carrie, Sami/Eric when they were babies, Shawn D, Ciara (multiple times), Stephanie, Theresa, Will, Sydney, Tate/

I am probably missing a Brady.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Roman, Bo, Kayla, Carrie, Sami/Eric when they were babies, Shawn D, Ciara (multiple times), Stephanie, Theresa, Will, Sydney, Tate/

I am probably missing a Brady.

Andrew

Kim

Chelsea the resurrected fetus

Joey

Arianna

Zack 

Johnny

Allie

Claire

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
On 10/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Pearson80 said:

Exactly! Stefano was much better in the 80's, he became a joke in the 90's and his obsession with Marlena made him a wimp.. I miss the diversity of villains we used to have that had nothing to do with Stefano.. 

I think he was still menacing throughout the 1990s. However ,he became a complete joke after he made his return in 2007 . 

Surprisingly ,The character was quite menacing in late 2006 when john and Marlena paid him a visit at some hospital in Italy and that was the time the show was still negotiating with Joe Mascolo to return so Stefano was played by an unknown actor. His whole body ,except for his hand, was obscured by the hospital  curtain and it added to Stefano's mystique . 

Then the character went straight to the pits after Mascolo returned in 2007 . 

Exactly. Infact ,I still say that after Stefano's shooting back in 2012 ,the show should have simply had him go back to his 1980s roots where he would pop into salem randomly. But I think him running House DiMera from his lair outside salem was alright. Especially when he was on the phone barking instructions to Chad. 

Stefano could have simply explained that he wont stay in salem and the mansion no more because now was the time EJ and Chad learned how to run the empire in order to prepare them for when Stefano is gone. 

Also if they went this route , Stefano randomly arriving at the castle to kill Marlena after she "killed "Kristen would have been a surprise for the viewers in the sense that you got the feeling that business is about to pick up and we shojld fear for Marlena . 

I also think those scenes where the DiMera goons tried to throw Marlena out of the castle window were terrible. 

I still think that they should have obscured Stefano 's face with shadow lighting  in order to actually have him be a menacing presence again. And ofcourse to better hide the fact that he was reading his lines off cue cards. 

They should have also gone with some gothic score in the backround . 

Those scenes being filmed with fullblown bright lights failed miserably to make us dread what Stefano was going to do. And it didnt make Stefano intimidating at all. 

It was basically a summary of how Stefano was squandered when he returned in 2007 . 

The only time he was menacing was when he woke up from his coma in 2008 . As seen from the 2008 promo i have just attached. 

Edited by Rafael
On 10/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, SueB said:

Eric kidnapped and presumed dead is the best Ericole outcome at this time.  It leaves them as a happy, married couple with a new tragedy but just like other super-couples, that's par.

That way, when they get a new Eric and he comes back (IF the go that route), we have the opportunity for soap-standard "torn between two lovers" bit for Nicole. Or she could simply be the championing widow for a year or two.

The best outcome would have been for both  nicole and eric to leave together. 

There is no need for eric to follow in the footsteps of Bo ,Roman and John by being presumed dead. 

TIIC are just forcing stale Nicole to happen at this point . 

On 10/13/2020 at 8:07 PM, howmanywords said:

Friday, October 23, 2020 
Clyde tries to save Ben from himself.

Shame ,are we supposed to go gaga over a druglord /child molester/murderer having emotional and thought provoking scenes with his serial killer son ? Hahahahahahahahahaha

Count me out !!

• Love 2
On 10/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, Pearson80 said:

I do love Orpheus but he should have remained dead or he should have come back when Marlena came back from the dead in the 90's. I hated that the show made Stefano be behind her disappearance years ago when it was Orpheus.. It was the beginning of Stefano being a supervillain that took away from his mystique in my opinion.. 

The last time that Marlena was kidnapped and had repercussions that drove stories for years was the pit storyline.. I absolutely adored that story because it was not a gimmick, it was about Marlena and what makes her tick, her resilience and her willingness to fight to survive her ordeal.. 

On top of that Orpheus is simply not conducive as a citizen and regular character. He was fine as a man who raises hell and vanishes again. Long term wise ,Orpheus should be used as the foundation for his kids be regular citizens of Salem . 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

s there gonna be a special Halloween ep this year? I feel like that's a thing they do, right? Or did that only happen one time lol I don't even know anymore.

Yes - that is why they had to do this asinine 2-week filler story. They wanted the Halloween episode to be on the right day.

Days of our Lives spoilers say next week, Jennifer finds the farewell letter. Of course, Jennifer sits down with her husband to read what Hope Brady has to say.

"Bye, bitch.

-Hope"

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

"Armed dangerous Rolf plans to implant an embryo of Stefano's clone inside poor petrified Kayla."

http://www.dayscafe.com/weekly-spoilers.html

WTF! Rolf couldn't find a less menopausal Salem female for this?  Why not just ask Julie or Maggie or hey bring Alice back from the grave for the job.  Still this just sounds utterly ridiculous and a bit of a Rosemary's Baby rip-off. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

"Armed dangerous Rolf plans to implant an embryo of Stefano's clone inside poor petrified Kayla."

http://www.dayscafe.com/weekly-spoilers.html

WTF! Rolf couldn't find a less menopausal Salem female for this?  Why not just ask Julie or Maggie or hey bring Alice back from the grave for the job.  Still this just sounds utterly ridiculous and a bit of a Rosemary's Baby rip-off. 

At least it's not Marlena or Maggie. That's all I've got.

• LOL 7