Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Am I the only one that likes the John lashing out at Sami spoiler?

Yeah? Okay.

Sami treats everyone like shit. About time those she has done it to dish it back to her in spades.

I understand your point given Sami's history.   It is just tiresome that everybody in Salem is telling Sami how awful she is.. How many times have we had this over the years. I wish Ron would just move on already..  There are lots of reason to dislike Sami but Sami not wanting the woman who kidnapped her daughter to have custody of her grandson is not unreasonable, in my opinion.  Sami being Sami is her worst enemy as usual..

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

It is just tiresome that everybody in Salem is telling Sami how awful she is

This is where I am. The way everyone is piling on Sami feels like they're setting up her murder and want to make sure all the suspects are in place. Except there's no indication that they're setting up a Whodunit story so it just feels like they were in the mood to dump on Sami and that's just annoying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

This is where I am. The way everyone is piling on Sami feels like they're setting up her murder and want to make sure all the suspects are in place. Except there's no indication that they're setting up a Whodunit story so it just feels like they were in the mood to dump on Sami and that's just annoying.

I agree. I hold two apparently contradictory opinions at the same time.  

Because on the other hand, she keeps doing stupid shit.  Jan Spears?  Really?  Yeah, I'm here for unfiltered John because she was bloody awful to him.

But here's my personal bias.  I HATE bullies.  It's literally turned into a damn trigger for me. And Sami leans on bullying a lot.  That's an issue for me.

But again... I see the man behind the curtain, pulling the strings ... which is annoying and unfair to her character.

• Love 7
On 9/7/2020 at 2:30 PM, Frozendiva said:

Ugh. This should have happened sooner. There was never really a need for a Jake.

Gwens plan depended on Chad hating Gabi so much, that he would let a man that was recently the target of mobsters, and a woman that was recently in a mental institution for reasons unknown to him, stay in the house where his kids live. And Abby has no problem with it either, even though Gwen made a pass at her husband. Glad this story is finally unfolding but, god are these two idiots.

😆It did not take Eli long to change his mind about Kristen. I bet in the end he will be made to feel bad about it. I hope Victor shows Brady the door. Tired of him bending to Brady's will all the time. Tell him to kick rocks. 🦶

I am not here for John lashing out at Sami because one, I am tired of the show going back to the same well with this character and two, this is a result of the baby story which I think is ridiculous. No one, and I mean no one, should think Sami is crazy or out of line for fighting for custody. Whether Nicole is evil or not, Allie shipped this kid around 3 times before quickly landing on Ericole at the last minute. She is clearly not someone with sound judgement. But lets go further back. Instead of getting a job after college, she partied and got drunk on her parents dime. When they cut her off she stopped communicating with them and used grandmas money. Then she got herself knocked up and instead of telling the father or her parents or aborting, she runs to Salem and makes everyone pinky promise to secrecy. She has not made 1 good decision and constantly runs from responsibility, but everyone is all "Sami you should do as Allie requested" 🙄. And it looks like her return will just be more fighting with Sami now that Sami has custody. I really hate this character. Also wasn't a fan of robot John during the Ava days.

I hope Sami moves out....of the country and Allie can go too.

I get why the Eric actor felt like an extra. He was basically an afterthought this whole story even though he is the connection. We still don't know his true feelings about all this. He is just there to prop Nicole.

I don't understand the point of an 8 episode recap when Days will not be off the air. We don't need reminders of the last 6 months 😆

If they bring JJ back it cannot be for filler. Filler JJ is boring. Do something with him or leave it alone.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

I am not here for John lashing out at Sami because one, I am tired of the show going back to the same well with this character and two, this is a result of the baby story which I think is ridiculous. No one, and I mean no one, should think Sami is crazy or out of line for fighting for custody.

This is my issue.  I can't look forward to John lashing out at Sami because everyone is lashing out at Sami.  Maybe there will be a more comedic twist on it but I can't wait for Sami to be gone and hopefully when she comes back, it's a new story for her.

And I considered myself one of the biggest Sami haters for a while.  When the show circled around her in the 90s, I was happy I had other reasons to stop watching. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

I get why the Eric actor felt like an extra. He was basically an afterthought this whole story even though he is the connection. We still don't know his true feelings about all this. He is just there to prop Nicole.

I don't understand the point of an 8 episode recap when Days will not be off the air. We don't need reminders of the last 6 months 😆

If they bring JJ back it cannot be for filler. Filler JJ is boring. Do something with him or leave it alone.

Yes after seeing this I am rethinking my stance a bit on GV's comments if he was referring to this storyline I agree. However in the triangle with Rex/Sarah not so much.

That's all the show sees JJ as that being said I think its only for a visit or we see him on screen but he may not really be in Salem. However I agree unless you are using him for something I rather he just be ignored they already ruined him enough as is.

• Love 2

Yep, that video. GO, JOHN!

Sami snarling that John always hated HER yet she tells him she hopes he gets another blood clot?

All John EVER did was love Sami. So, Sami? GFY.

Angry John seems like he will be a BLAST! I'm here for it!  🙂

And if it causes friction with Doc? Here for that, too. (One of the few that loved RoJohn with every lady except Doc. I know, they are forever. So I'll enjoy this while I can!)

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yep, that video. GO, JOHN!

Sami snarling that John always hated HER yet she tells him she hopes he gets another blood clot?

All John EVER did was love Sami. So, Sami? GFY.

Angry John seems like he will be a BLAST! I'm here for it!  🙂

And if it causes friction with Doc? Here for that, too. (One of the few that loved RoJohn with every lady except Doc. I know, they are forever. So I'll enjoy this while I can!)

That scene was hard to watch between John and Sami, knowing how much John as Roman adored her as a little girl.

I just feel that John versus Sami is just doing a disservice to both characters especially Sami. Good grief Sami, wishing another blood clot on an elderly person, I am just stunned by her cruelty..  The power of the mouth Sami, you are too old to be so reckless with your tongue. I know soaps are supposed to have conflicts but what about a little love in the afternoon, with everything going on in the real world, escapism is what we need Ron.. 

• Love 7

I'd like John erupting at Sami to finally, FINALLY result in them putting all that anger and hurt behind them to forge a (permanent!) great new relationship but I know it won't happen.

You know, if they'd thought this through they could have done some John/Marlena drama by writing John agreeing with Sami 100% about the custody of No-Name. All he would have to do is simply take the position that Allie has demonstrated that she doesn't actually know what she wants and, until she does, her baby should be in the custody of Sami. Marlena can disagree since she's Team Nicole...(and sometimes Eric) and we get a nice short bit of friction for them before the story gets resolved. Instead we get John vs Sami Round 444564864646565.

• Love 6

This just reminds me that for all the great love of John and Marlena, the biggest obstacle to their relationship wasn't a third party like Roman or Kristen or even a common enemy like Stefano, but Sami when she was barely 16.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

You go, Belle!  It could be fun for Belle to have a storyline that doesn't involve her parents or fighting with Sami.

Aww, poor Lani, upset that someone, her own husband, doesn't bow to her demands.  It's sort of hard to remember any storyline with Lani where she doesn't end up sulking and pouting because she doesn't get her way.  She did it with JJ more than once and with Eli as well.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  I wonder who she's complaining to?  Abe?  Julie?  Who else in town is she close with?

John being obnoxious will be a lot more fun than Round 55832 of him and Marlena getting all giggly.  I'll withhold judgement on what Sami says until I hear what John said first.  Cuz I'm juvenile like that.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

This just reminds me that for all the great love of John and Marlena, the biggest obstacle to their relationship wasn't a third party like Roman or Kristen or even a common enemy like Stefano, but Sami when she was barely 16.

And, see, I know SORAS is a soap staple. But because of the whole John-was-Roman thing, and SEEING the young twins ONLY know John as Daddy, and not knowing Roman, the whole premise just rang so damned false to me. It always will.

Hence another reason SORAS sucks.

• Love 5

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

And, see, I know SORAS is a soap staple. But because of the whole John-was-Roman thing, and SEEING the young twins ONLY know John as Daddy, and not knowing Roman, the whole premise just rang so damned false to me. It always will.

Hence another reason SORAS sucks.

SORAS is stupid and they should have stopped with JJ and Theo's generation . I still cannot fathom TIIC ageing Claire to be an adult even though her parents were SORASed in 1999 and their year of birth got re -adjusted to 1984 .and Claire's year of birth was then shifted to 1999 . How nonsensical is that ?

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Ehm0J3tUwAEbPCo?format=jpg

eta: 

..and here is the extended promo. Aw Lani is upset that her husband betrayed her.  How dare Eli actually do his job! 

Let it be the end of Belle and Shawn once and for all . Martha Madison has far more chemistry with Jay Johnson . 

As for Jan ,she can still work provided that she is not shoved down our throats and doesnt revive  her obsession with shawn. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I was hoping that John would wake up thinking he was Roman.

That would've been a better twist especially given how Sami loves her daddy and hates John.. she might actually feel more conflicted over the whole thing. Plus seeing the rest of the family navigate through the whole thing. 

If Eli was allowed to have an option beyond Lani as a love interest he should jump on it but he's stuck with her and he's one of the few making sense.

I'm sure Brady will fill the void for Lani for who she can bitch about her problems that she caused and lacking self awareness in the process. I'm just glad its not JJ.

• Love 4

Well, Allie dear, if you had gone through the proper channels and put the baby up for adoption then Sami would not currently have custody of said baby. But since you are an immature brat who abandoned that baby your fucking wishes mean next to nothing and did not stand up in court. So, tough shit if you don't like where your kid ended up. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Allie?

Please don't let Justin fall for Bonnie, that's just squeaky. Although, could he be confiding in Jack that he suspects something is off with Bonnie, thereby hinting to the audience that she could be Adrienne?

• Love 11

I'd love the latter to be the case but that's too much to hope for as this show doesn't care for Adrienne.

I agree about Allie I used to like her as a child and as usual when the show brings back a character I like they end up making me regret it.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Tuesday September 22:
Brady convinces Victor to back up his confession.  

Oh Brady you truly are the dumbest of the dumb. He is going to go to jail for his abuser now?

I'm so over him anymore.  Show has made him such a moron, or an abusive moron, or a ragey moron, but always a moron, for such a long time now.  

I guess we'll also be punished by having Kristen gasping and grasping and swanning around town in her boots and leopard print slinky dresses moaning "Braaaaaaaady" over and over and over again.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Well, Allie dear, if you had gone through the proper channels and put the baby up for adoption then Sami would not currently have custody of said baby. But since you are an immature brat who abandoned that baby your fucking wishes mean next to nothing and did not stand up in court. So, tough shit if you don't like where your kid ended up. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Allie?

Please don't let Justin fall for Bonnie, that's just squeaky. Although, could he be confiding in Jack that he suspects something is off with Bonnie, thereby hinting to the audience that she could be Adrienne?

Of course, because everyone wants to yell at Sami she may or may not get to defend her actions.  I REALLY want her to tell Allie that if she had acted like a responsible adult instead of running away like a 12 year old, maybe things would have been different.  Also, since Allie did everything except offer her kid to the gas station attendant in exchange for a fill-up her judgement obviously sucks, and a responsible adult needed to make sure the kid didn't end up in the lost and found at the bus station.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 9/10/2020 at 8:30 PM, Pearson80 said:

I understand your point given Sami's history.   It is just tiresome that everybody in Salem is telling Sami how awful she is.. How many times have we had this over the years. I wish Ron would just move on already..  There are lots of reason to dislike Sami but Sami not wanting the woman who kidnapped her daughter to have custody of her grandson is not unreasonable, in my opinion.

Mine too. If Ron wanted her to be disruptive in everyone's lives to the point that we were against her, this wasn't the best way.

And pretty much all the characters have been repeating insults about Sami for two months now. It's not nuanced writing at all.

• Love 7

Monday September 21:
Shawn finds Belle in Philip’s arms.

Tuesday September 22:
Brady convinces Victor to back up his confession.

Wednesday September 23:
Kristen’s past comes back to haunt her.
Bonnie pulls Justin in for a kiss!

Thursday September 24:
John lashes out at Steve.

Friday September 25:
Abigail makes plans for her future.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, boes said:

I'm so over him anymore.  Show has made him such a moron, or an abusive moron, or a ragey moron, but always a moron, for such a long time now.  

I guess we'll also be punished by having Kristen gasping and grasping and swanning around town in her boots and leopard print slinky dresses moaning "Braaaaaaaady" over and over and over again.

This character is exhausting to watch . the time has come for this character to go on a 2 year hiatus away from the canvas.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Mine too. If Ron wanted her to be disruptive in everyone's lives to the point that we were against her, this wasn't the best way.

And pretty much all the characters have been repeating insults about Sami for two months now. It's not nuanced writing at all.

it is like the "Stan ,the man " debacle all over again when Sami was pretty much turning  everybody's lives upside down .

• Love 2

i honestly wouldnt mind if the abby poison plot was masterminded by Andre DiMera . afterall, Abby killed him. the good thing about his hypothetical return is that he wouldnt be a contrieved chump pretender pretending to be Chad's BFF and Abby's BFF and he will actually go back to his villainy roots.heck, i wouldnt mind if jake was revealed to be a fraud who underwent plastic surgery to look like stefan and that he is working with andre all along and they concoted this whole twin crap so andre can have a trojan horse to use in order to take control of Dimera Enterprise.

now all they gotta do is have him become the new phoenix independent of Chad and go with my previous suggestion by pairing Andre and Ava Vitale .  they will totally work as salem's new couple from hell. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

Andre being behind this would be great tbh and salvage this already DOA story.

I also wish they would write Brady out tbh if he's going to be with Kristen I rather not see it. I enjoyed the reprieve of him being off screen... I like EM but this show gave Brady two kids that are of no value to him character wise or the canvas while Eric remained childless. I mean have Shawn/Belle take Brady/Kristen's place. Far more useful and easier to take. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Andre being behind this would be great tbh and salvage this already DOA story.

I also wish they would write Brady out tbh if he's going to be with Kristen I rather not see it. I enjoyed the reprieve of him being off screen... I like EM but this show gave Brady two kids that are of no value to him character wise or the canvas while Eric remained childless. I mean have Shawn/Belle take Brady/Kristen's place. Far more useful and easier to take. 

the time has come to write him out. and have kristen actually go to jail . then Brady can leave salem with Rachel and perhaps work at Titan's LA branch where he can be near Tate . the character is done. he has been over exposed and given one storyline after another since his debut in 2008 ,with seemingly no break whatsoever. the character is played out and he is too exhausting to watch . 

• Love 4

Angry John yelling at Sami, I get. But Steve? Hmm. Still, if he must yell at everyone? How 'bout his idiot son, Brady, who took up with the very psycho that made Daddy's life hell? The yelling would be MORE THAN justified there.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Angry John yelling at Sami, I get. But Steve? Hmm. Still, if he must yell at everyone? How 'bout his idiot son, Brady, who took up with the very psycho that made Daddy's life hell? The yelling would be MORE THAN justified there.

If was mobile, John should hobble over the Salem PCPD and yell at Kristen how she destroyed his idiot son and now he is going to do everything in his power to make sure that she never sees Rachel again.

• Love 11
Just now, nilyank said:

If was mobile, John should hobble over the Salem PCPD and yell at Kristen how she destroyed his idiot son and now he is going to do everything in his power to make sure that she never sees Rachel again.

Me likey!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-lives/breaking-huge-soap-news-melissa-reeves-out-at-days-cady-mcclain-in/

Interesting. Supposedly temporary as missy does not want to return to California during covid

Ugh. I love J&J - in spite of Melissa Reeves' personal views. If this really is only temporary, why couldn't they just write Jennifer off the show like they are going to do with Hope/Kristian Alfonso? I think it would be interesting to watch Jack have to live his life and deal with his kids without Jennifer by his side; we've certainly seen Jennifer do it many times. I lived through the terrible Stephanie Cameron recast in the late 1990's and I don't want to have to watch yet another actress's take on Jennifer Horton, even if it is in the form of Cady McClain. And, honestly, I know when Cady is onscreen I'm going to see "Dixie" and not "Jennifer".

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

It should be noted that when Brandon Barash first came on to replace Tyler Christopher the official word was "temporarily" replacing. We saw how that worked out lol

Well true but Tyler as we all know had major personal issues with alcohol(they ended up recasting Nikolas) and I live in Indiana so we're aware of it around these parts considering his wife(or ex wife at this point) is from a famous family. That's not the same as liking a few tweets.

Sure this could be permanent but I could see that being more about Covid than anything else. I think they might be in the middle of a story hence a recast. Although tbh I rather have Jennifer killed off and just let Jack find someone else and deal with his kids/grandkids alone than a permanent recast. I don't think the chemistry would be nearly as good.

Plus if this were to happen it would be a nice role reversal after all the times we saw Jennifer have to deal with her kids alone while Jack was gone. He would get insight into all she had to deal with while he was dealing with whatever drama he had going on at the moment.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

It should be noted that when Brandon Barash first came on to replace Tyler Christopher the official word was "temporarily" replacing. We saw how that worked out lol

That was supposed to be temporary so they could write out the character.  Tyler's alcoholism was likely costing them money because he couldn't do his job. But BB was able to do the job and did it well enough to become well liked by both the producers and the audience.

Melissa Reeves' social media activity might have stirred up some controversy/headlines but it seems she's effective at getting the job done. 

28 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Ugh. I love J&J - in spite of Melissa Reeves' personal views. If this really is only temporary, why couldn't they just write Jennifer off the show like they are going to do with Hope/Kristian Alfonso?

I'm wondering if it was because it was a last minute decision and Ron had already written stuff for this alleged J&J story he talked about but we have no spoilers for. 

Or maybe it's because MR, or someone she's close to, came down with COVID and therefore has to quarantine for at least fourteen days.  Something similar happened on GH just before they were set to resume production.  They had to recast the character of Sam for a while because Kelly Monaco couldn't come back yet for some COVID-related reason. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That was supposed to be temporary so they could write out the character.  Tyler's alcoholism was likely costing them money because he couldn't do his job. But BB was able to do the job and did it well enough to become well liked by both the producers and the audience.

Melissa Reeves' social media activity might have stirred up some controversy/headlines but it seems she's effective at getting the job done. 

I'm wondering if it was because it was a last minute decision and Ron had already written stuff for this alleged J&J story he talked about but we have no spoilers for. 

Or maybe it's because MR, or someone she's close to, came down with COVID and therefore has to quarantine for at least fourteen days.  Something similar happened on GH just before they were set to resume production.  They had to recast the character of Sam for a while because Kelly Monaco couldn't come back yet for some COVID-related reason. 

Her daughter had a baby and her son and his wife are expecting a child as well so I think that also plays a role. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm wondering if, like KA, MR saw what was written for J & J and decided it wasn't worth coming back for.  Wouldn't surprise me.

I like MR, but Matthew Ashford can act with a sign post, so I'm not worried about how he might do with CM.  It is admittedly going to be strange, though.

Edited by domina89
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3