Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

It's interesting how folks here mention how good an actor Matthew Ashford is, when I haven't seen him do anything on the show that didn't seem incredibly cheesy and awkward. Even other people I know who watched the show agree he's a bit strange.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's interesting how folks here mention how good an actor Matthew Ashford is, when I haven't seen him do anything on the show that didn't seem incredibly cheesy and awkward. Even other people I know who watched the show agree he's a bit strange.

Well the show made Jack into a clown to try to play down some of the character damage that occurred after the rape of Kayla and I think they still like to write him that way to some degree.  If you watch clips from early on, circa 1987/88/89, you can really see why I think he's a great actor.  Some of his work with Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans is incredible.  I think in the early days of J & J, even when he was silly, you can see his wit and humor just shine through.  He is definitely a bit of a quirk actor, though.  I agree with you on that.  Lol

Edited by domina89
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jack was a better overall character in the late 80s early 90s. He was a bit darker, shadier etc much like how JJ started out when he first arrived. Course everyone was better character-wise

I also thought he was good on OLTL playing the creepy Dr. Haver. 

However I don't think they really knew what to do with Jack when JER took over because he never really cared for him and the show didn't in general beyond Jennifer.

• Love 2

"Her baby daddy's ID is on the DL." Followed by Allie bumping into Tripp.

Well, shit, if that doesn't pretty much confirm our speculation then I don't know what does. Now I want to know why Miss Allie decided to keep Tripp out of all decisions regarding their baby. Did he leave her high and dry when he learned she was pregnant? Or does he have no idea about the baby? I am actually really interested in this part of the baby saga. 

• Love 4

I'm expecting the excuse to be weak. "I didn't tell you because I knew you HAD to finish your studies!" or "It was just one crazy night...I didn't think you cared!"

I'd prefer it to be "after you told me your dead mother was from a creepy mob family that kept trying to track you down, I didn't want to have anything to do with you" ...its the best explanation, IMO, so I doubt we'll get it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

"Her baby daddy's ID is on the DL." Followed by Allie bumping into Tripp.

Well, shit, if that doesn't pretty much confirm our speculation then I don't know what does. Now I want to know why Miss Allie decided to keep Tripp out of all decisions regarding their baby. Did he leave her high and dry when he learned she was pregnant? Or does he have no idea about the baby? I am actually really interested in this part of the baby saga. 

Or maybe his mob ties since he's Ava's son? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'd prefer it to be "after you told me your dead mother was from a creepy mob family that kept trying to track you down, I didn't want to have anything to do with you" ...its the best explanation, IMO, so I doubt we'll get it.

36 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Or maybe his mob ties since he's Ava's son?

If this is Allie's excuse, then I can understand. But since I wasn't watching when Tripp was around before, you guys gotta fill me in. Were Ava's enemies after Tripp at some point? And did Allie & Tripp ever cross paths when they both lived in Salem?

Tripp's mob ties would be a good reason to keep him in the dark about Billy Bob Horton. But I feel the writers will go for the excuse that Allie/Tripp was a one night stand and she didn't know where to find him or didn't think he'd want anything to do with the baby. I just want Steve to be involved in this. I would love to watch Sami butt heads with Steve regarding their shared grandchild (which is so damn bizarre considering she was just a toddler when an adult Steve came on the show).

• Love 7

In the REAL world, no way would Melinda be able to prosecute Kristen, since she has a personal bias and would have had to recuse herself. I hope that Kristen is thrown in jail and never seen again. Maybe they could use that as a cause for appeal, though. 

For me, the only "shocker" would be if they had a story I was interested in. I haven't watched since Sami name back, and reading spoilers and summaries are all I need these days.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

In the REAL world, no way would Melinda be able to prosecute Kristen, since she has a personal bias and would have had to recuse herself. I hope that Kristen is thrown in jail and never seen again. Maybe they could use that as a cause for appeal, though. 

For me, the only "shocker" would be if they had a story I was interested in. I haven't watched since Sami name back, and reading spoilers and summaries are all I need these days.

This also applies to every single thing the Salem PD does. I'm sure RandomExtra#4 even has some kind of personal tie to all the criminal element of Salem.

Edited by RunningMarket
spelling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Shawn pops in from time to time from Hong Komg and immediately starts working for Salem PD during his times in town.

I take issue with that as well, but this town obviously doesn't care and let's him do whatever he wants based on his pedigree. 

I was hoping that Shawn would become the new Bo, but he can't when he's not a full-time character.  I don't know if it's because the actor(s) doesn't want to be full time, but the writers wasted a great opportunity for a new leading man/hero, in my opinion.  Bo is dead, and John and Steve are old.  There's no one else.  (Tripp has potential, but I don't think the show will last that much longer.)  

• Love 5

Tripp had mountains of potential as a leading man. He's a good actor, macho without being arrogant, easy on the eyes, and he came from a tortured relationship. He screwed up and wanted to do better. They should have continued going in that direction. Unfortunately, this show seems to think the only way to be a tough sexy leading man is to be a private investigator or a cop or work for a secret government organization. The minute they started to move him into the medical field, I knew he was done for. Look at what happened to JJ once he switched from being a cop to a paramedic, same deal. And Mike Horton long before them. It's okay for the women to be doctors because women are supposed to be docile and emotionally conflicted, so we have Kayla and Valerie, etc. Dr Tan was pretty much the only one I can think of where they tried to make him a tough guy at the same time as a doctor.

33 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I was hoping that Shawn would become the new Bo, but he can't when he's not a full-time character.  I don't know if it's because the actor(s) doesn't want to be full time, but the writers wasted a great opportunity for a new leading man/hero, in my opinion. 

I think the original Shawn was already headed in that direction in the 90s, but they hadn't had much use for the recast, at least not from what I've seen. He's always available when they want to bring him back, so I think it's more that the producers don't have an interest in the character.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, DaphneCat said:

Maybe she's going to be a witness?

That would make a lot of sense, so it probably won't be the case. Didn't we already see a man as the new district attorney a few months ago? I can't remember who he was threatening to throw the book at. Maybe Kristen? I don't remember. I'm actually really glad Melinda is back because as insignificant as Haley was, I actually liked her mother and thought it was ridiculous that she just vanished overnight from the show. But no, she shouldn't be a district attorney. It's not like a job at a local bookstore where you can just pop back into town and steal a few shifts for the extra cash.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, Retired at last said:

There's been some good stuff. Real Vivian coming back with Ivon was nice, even if they were only there to deliver exposition. Eric and Nicole finally getting married was nice and long overdue. Vincent torturing Ben as retribution for him killing Wendy was also a smart story idea. And I can't stop rooting for Xander.

.... so do you guys think they dumped the "Chad possessed by Stefano" angle completely? I never quite saw the clear indications that it was happening a few weeks ago, but you guys seemed to. And wasn't the thought that Chad was the one who had poisoned Abigail? I feel like that whole storyline has shifted. Maybe the producers realized how little we liked the brain chip idea...?

Also speculation here, but I think it's a mistake for them to say that Jake is really Stefan. Stefan wasn't an interesting character and existed only to throw a wrench into Abigail and Chad's lives. Jake has been much more human and likeable, thanks in no small part to being freed from the association of having raped a mentally ill woman, so I think they should just stick with him. Agree?

• Love 5

Week of September 28:

Allie and Tripp have a tense encounter.

Philip’s welcome home dinner takes a surprising turn.

Ben and Hope track down Vincent.

Kristen asks Marlena for a special request.

Steve wants to know if Tripp is the father of Allie’s baby.

Allie has a horrific realization.

• Love 3

Lindsey Arnold was on dishing days a few weeks ago and they asked her if she knew who the father was and she didn't and she said she asked who the baby father was but they wouldn't tell her who the father was so if it is Tripp it's not going to come out for awhile.

• Love 2

If it’s Tripp shouldn’t it be pretty obvious in the next week or so? He hears Allie had a baby and then runs into her, so if they hooked up 9 months ago he should have questions. I mean, dude wants to be a doctor so he should be able to do the baby math!

Unless they are going the incest route and having the father be Philip or Johnny,  then Tripp, Chad or Jake/Stefan are probably the only onscreen candidates right?

The rumour seems to be that when Sami comes back to town after leaving (due to AS signing her new contract), it’s because of an emotional story with Allie and the baby. I hope we’re not going to have another baby cancer story or something.

BTW I came across some clips recently of the infamous Sami/Austin aborted wedding, where Carrie punched the shit out of Sami and the truth about Lucas being Will’s father was finally revealed (and Austin stood around like an inanimate block of wood lol). Now that was some soapy paternity shenanigans! Show better bring it’s A game to make the Allie baby daddy mystery even half as interesting.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 4

I'm ok with that being Hope's exit story: Searching for her lost daughter. 

Course if Ciara were to return they should reference that Hope found her but chose to live a new life away from Salem afterwards. That would be fine with me.

I was hoping she would have a final scene with Doug/Julie/Jennifer but that was too much to ask for.

• Love 3

Thanks for the article link...it's so poorly written but this piece of shade had me really LOLing:

But, Hope still worries the madman might kill her, so she’s got to rush to find and save Ciara. As Ciara’s been kidnapped so many times on Days of our Lives, this should be routine for Hope Brady by now.

🤣🤣🤣

I was kind of expecting Hope to disappear in this way, but it bums me out that they keep writing characters off the show in a way that suggests there's a lot of story left to tell. We had kind of a similar situation with Bo, albeit retroactive, with him supposedly leaving to take care of Caroline but then ending up being held prisoner for years. We had Steve supposedly leaving Kayla in anger only to have been brainwashed, and now we have Hope leaving to find Ciara. It would be nice to think she isn't heading off into danger. I would have preferred for them to just say that she decided to go do a bit of travelling to clear her head because she just can't cope with the grief. It's a sad ending but it doesn't feel as much like the story is still in play. That way, even if Ciara were to return to Salem it wouldn't necessarily require Hope to be there with her at the same time. Ciara could turn up and then it could take a few weeks for everybody to reach out to Hope and let her know. In making Hope's disappearance linked to Ciara's return, they're going to have to recast Hope as soon as they figure out how to bring Ciara back to the show or it's all going to look really stupid.

.... so, will they recast Hope? What do you guys think? I would have once thought "no" but now that Kristen and Jennifer and Vivian have been recast at various points, I feel like the show isn't going to play favourites anymore.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm ok with that being Hope's exit story: Searching for her lost daughter. 

Course if Ciara were to return they should reference that Hope found her but chose to live a new life away from Salem afterwards. That would be fine with me.

I was hoping she would have a final scene with Doug/Julie/Jennifer but that was too much to ask for.

Same here, I was scared that Hope was going to leave with Rafe..

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

.... so, will they recast Hope? What do you guys think? I would have once thought "no" but now that Kristen and Jennifer and Vivian have been recast at various points, I feel like the show isn't going to play favourites anymore.

Hell no! Kristian is Hope. I always hated the Bo recast..It is an unpopular opinion but he was never Bo to me.. I was over the moon when Peter came back and the fact that Kristian campaigned for him to come back given their acrimonious history in real life was icing on the cake..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Allie and Tripp have a tense encounter.

Steve wants to know if Tripp is the father of Allie’s baby.

Alright, finally some movement on the baby daddy front, and I'm loving Steve getting involved. But it is a little suspicious that all indications suddenly point to Tripp being Billy Bob Horton's father, so I'm starting to suspect he is a red herring. I hope the suggestion some have made about EJ being the father is absolutely NOT true.

Allie has a horrific realization.

What, does she discover Billy Bob missing from his crib? Or are we headed for another sick baby storyline?

I'm not surprised Hope is leaving town to look for Ciara; I figured that would be the case when she concluded there was no way Ciara was in the car when it exploded. It will be odd that when recast Ciara returns Hope will not be with her. I thought Kristian Alfonso was leaving to take a break from soaps, but "Soap Dirt" now says she auditioned for a role on Y&R. So I guess KA is just done with Days? Hope is not even one of my favorites, but there is no way I can accept anyone but KA play the character. She left once before and Days did not recast the role while they waited for KA to return, and I hope that's still the case this time around. 

Do we know Victoria Konefal's last airdate? It would be strange if Ciara keeps popping up in Ben's weird fantasies even after Hope leaves to find her. Meaning, I don't want to see Ciara (real or imagined) anymore after Hope leaves.

Can we keep Shawn in Salem please? With Hope, Bo, Zach, and Ciara all gone from the show, I would like one member of their little family unit to have a presence on the show. It's kind of sad that soon there may no vestige left in Salem of Bo/Hope.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

But it is a little suspicious that all indications suddenly point to Tripp being Billy Bob Horton's father, so I'm starting to suspect he is a red herring. I hope the suggestion some have made about EJ being the father is absolutely NOT true.

Yeah, it definitely seems like if Tripp is Billy Bob's father it has to be outed in the next couple of weeks.  I mean, if even Steve is asking him about it then there's no way Tripp can just float along unaware of his kid.  If Tripp isn't the actual baby daddy, then I wonder if he will agree to pretend that he is to protect Allie from the real father being outed?  If they did meet in London it's possible that Allie got drunk and confided something in Tripp so he knows who the daddy is.

If this is the case, the options might be that Allie was raped, the daddy is EJ, or the daddy is some mob boss/scary criminal.  I want Ron to stay the hell away from anymore rape, so I really hope they don't go down that route.  EJ being the dad would be gross, but it would be the most soapy and seems like the most logical explanation for all of Allie's behaviour so far.  So that's probably the reason it won't happen lol.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, it definitely seems like if Tripp is Billy Bob's father it has to be outed in the next couple of weeks.  I mean, if even Steve is asking him about it then there's no way Tripp can just float along unaware of his kid.  If Tripp isn't the actual baby daddy, then I wonder if he will agree to pretend that he is to protect Allie from the real father being outed?  If they did meet in London it's possible that Allie got drunk and confided something in Tripp so he knows who the daddy is.

If this is the case, the options might be that Allie was raped, the daddy is EJ, or the daddy is some mob boss/scary criminal.  I want Ron to stay the hell away from anymore rape, so I really hope they don't go down that route.  EJ being the dad would be gross, but it would be the most soapy and seems like the most logical explanation for all of Allie's behaviour so far.  So that's probably the reason it won't happen lol.

If EJ was the father Allie would be screaming to high heaven because the only thing Allie care about is hurting her Mother.

From what I understand EJ is not capable of having sex.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here, I was scared that Hope was going to leave with Rafe..

Hell no! Kristian is Hope. I always hated the Bo recast..It is an unpopular opinion but he was never Bo to me.. I was over the moon when Peter came back and the fact that Kristian campaigned for him to come back given their acrimonious history in real life was icing on the cake..

Yep I think KA knew that Hope would always be stuck with Rafe which is why she left(that and she probably knows Days is numbered but won't say anything) for that I'm grateful she is our only hope in sparing us a Rope pairing.

I think despite whatever issues KA/PR had he wasn't a perv and they don't have to like each other to work together. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yep I think KA knew that Hope would always be stuck with Rafe which is why she left(that and she probably knows Days is numbered but won't say anything)

The report was that she's leaving because they put her on a several week hiatus before she was scheduled to come back, and she didn't want to do that.

• Love 2

Do you really think she cared that much about being paired with Rafe? I definitely had the sense that KA was excited about Hope being paired with Aiden, and very displeased at how all of that was torn apart, but I never particularly got the impression that she didn't like Hope being with Rafe. I mean, I somehow doubt Wally Kurth is thrilled that Justin is slowly falling for his character's dead wife's lookalike who has no morals and is pretty much a pain in the ass....but would he quit over it? Nope. A paycheck is a paycheck. I have a hard time imagining her quitting purely due to being paired with Galen, unless he was really unpleasant and she had a particular vision for how her character's arc would wrap up. I think this was purely about the disrespect of being taken off contract and reassured that there was a "fantastic story" coming after years of crap. The silver lining for us is that Hope will not be with Rafe anymore - a disastrous pairing that never seemed to end. Unless of course they woo her back to the show for the final episode and write Rafe as pining away for her between now and then, which...please dear God...don't let them do.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

I need a storyline where Kristen eats a sandwich and puts on 10 lbs.

What possible excuse would they have for Ben not to go with Hope?  Is he still 'programmed' and Marlena needs to de-program him?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do you really think she cared that much about being paired with Rafe? I definitely had the sense that KA was excited about Hope being paired with Aiden, and very displeased at how all of that was torn apart, but I never particularly got the impression that she didn't like Hope being with Rafe. I mean, I somehow doubt Wally Kurth is thrilled that Justin is slowly falling for his character's dead wife's lookalike who has no morals and is pretty much a pain in the ass....but would he quit over it? Nope. A paycheck is a paycheck. I have a hard time imagining her quitting purely due to being paired with Galen, unless he was really unpleasant and she had a particular vision for how her character's arc would wrap up. I think this was purely about the disrespect of being taken off contract and reassured that there was a "fantastic story" coming after years of crap. The silver lining for us is that Hope will not be with Rafe anymore - a disastrous pairing that never seemed to end. Unless of course they woo her back to the show for the final episode and write Rafe as pining away for her between now and then, which...please dear God...don't let them do.

Rafe himself? No I don't think KA has an issue with Galen or Rafe in general but Hope has no direction or real existence when paired with him either. There's no story with their relationship. Despite KA/PR not getting along I'm sure both can agree the power of Bo/Hope as an item and there's a story there not only them together but as individuals. That doesn't exist with Rafe/Hope for a variety of reasons. 

At least with Hope/Aiden they built up that relationship over time, deal with conflicts  and we saw them as individuals and as a couple. Rope was just something the show slapped together.

Its the journey not the destination.

• Love 3

Why do I have a bad feeling this Ben/Vincent encounter will involve a necktie? #TeamVincent And yeees I'm all for Melinda going after Kristen.

Monday, September 28, 2020
Melinda grills Eli as she tries to build a case against Kristen

Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Jan files a complaint with Shawn. Steve questions Tripp's involvement with Allie. 

Allie confides in Nicole about meeting Tripp in London

Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Sarah lays into Xander for his role in Philip's arrest.
Belle comes to Philip's aid

Thursday, October 1, 2020
Eli warns Lani her past actions may come back to haunt her. Abe unwittingly tips off Melinda. 

Kate offers to keep an eye on Jake for Chad

Friday, October 2, 2020
Ben and Vincent have a heated encounter. 

Melinda puts Eli in a tough spot

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

According to SOD Allie remembers Tripp raped her what is up with RC and rape stories.

And she couldn’t tell Uncle Eric and Nicole or even her own dad? Even Sami would have changed her tune if she knew. She also could have reported it to the police or gotten the morning after pill from the pharmacy. Geez.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

According to SOD Allie remembers Tripp raped her what is up with RC and rape stories.

I wonder if they are going to play it like Allie and Tripp were both drunk, so she wasn't able to fully consent or it's blurry as to whether there was an actual "yes" when they had sex.  I truly doubt it's going to turn out to be a darkly violent encounter because Tripp is essentially a good guy.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Didn't they just do that with Chase, and had horrible reviews for it?  To go there again??  Ugh.  No.  

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typo - added "that"