Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She's worked on a soap before difference is we're dealing with a pandemic etc which exacerbates various health issues/addictions people have being isolated.  I remember when Kristy left Empty Nest it wasn't the same but she made the right decision plus she returned for the series finale(which Stephen Nichols was in as he played Laverne's love interest who she married in the series finale), LG could possibly come back(assuming Days doesn't get cancelled)

It would be one thing if they shared scenes but they don't. Besides there have been plenty of actors through the years who have hated each other in RL and didn't have it translate on screen or they didn't have scenes together at all(like Suzanne Rogers and Deidre Hall for example).  This is all a moot point if MR doesn't return though. I mean they recasted her with Cady McClain if it was that much of an issue they could've brought her back instead.  I'm more inclined to believe Days is cancelled and they're getting rid of characters that aren't going to be part of the last hurrah and bring back old faves instead before that final curtain call.  Or they really want to pair Gwen/Xander instead and found Sarah expendable(a theory bandied about on Twitter)

I didn’t know DH & SR hated each other. I’ve been watching Days since the 80’s & never heard that. Learn something new everyday.

• Love 4
Just now, ByaNose said:

I didn’t know DH & SR hated each other. I’ve been watching Days since the 80’s & never heard that. Learn something new everyday.

Yeah it goes back decades in the BTS thread around here there should be some details about that. I mean you would think they would've shared scenes when Sarah/Eric was happening and they didn't... 

• Love 1

IF Linsey Godfrey's exit does have to do with a return by Melissa Reeves, I call bullshit for one reason: Lamon Archey was digging at Reeves via Twitter as much as Godfrey was. So, again, IF that little battle has anything to do with this, I think it is crap that only the female cast member gets tossed because of it.

With that said, as abrupt as this exit appears to be, perhaps it has nothing to do with that and has to do with potential personal issues with Godfrey?

Either way, this sucks. I did like Sarah/Xander, and if Sarah - a Horton - is sacrificed for fucking useless Gwen, it makes this even worse.

• Love 7

I feel from following her Twitter that Linsey has been struggling a lot lately. I can't see the show dropping her this abruptly unless she requested it, especially since Xarah are quite popular. I do think Ron would jump at a Gwen and Xander pairing though. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

There are so many salacious rumors about them. One rumor is that the actresses were lovers and had a bad breakup. Another rumor is that she slept with Deidre's husband and she walked in on them that led to her divorcing him.  The other one is that she resented that Deidre came back to the show in 1991 and that pissed her off because Marlena became front and center when it came to stories..  We will never know what is the deal between them but it is strange that Marlena and Maggie have no relationship given how close they were because of Mickey..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I rather Xander revert to being the villian he once was than be paired with Gwen. I mean I wouldn't mind it if they were a "villain couple" but this show wants us to like Gwen and so they'll make her be some woe is me and hard pass... 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

There are so many salacious rumors about them. One rumor is that the actresses were lovers and had a bad breakup. Another rumor is that she slept with Deidre's husband and she walked in on them that led to her divorcing him.  The other one is that she resented that Deidre came back to the show in 1991 and that pissed her off because Marlena became front and center when it came to stories..  We will never know what is the deal between them but it is strange that Marlena and Maggie have no relationship given how close they were because of Mickey..

I will agree they are never in scenes together. Whether it’s by accident or design we’ll never know. 

• Love 1

There's no way it's by accident. There aren't many vets left in that age range on this show. These characters have long histories - that's why they gather them together sometimes to recall the Good Ol Days - like that memorial to Stefano at the pub. Maggie wasn't necessarily needed in that context, but all the other vets were there: Caroline, Victor, Abe, Hope, Kate, Roman, John and Marlena.

It would have been logical for both Marlena and Maggie to attend Laura's funeral (not that I'm claiming that's the reason it wasn't filmed, mind you). But Maggie has been virtually locked in the Kiriakis living room set for years now. Marlena gets around and mixes with other characters, even ones she should have no business being friendly with (Cough*NecktieKiller*Cough) and yet Maggie isn't one of them.

But the characters are definitely supposed to be friends. So...we're kinda stuck with a sort of The Good Wife situation here.

...was Maggie even at the John/Mar wedding in the Horton Square when SH debuted as Kristen? I know she was at the 2013 Bristen wedding because I remember her at the church with Victor.

Back to Sarah, honestly I don't think a recast is wise unless this is a scorched-earth goodbye. Lindsay had chemistry with Paul, and their playfulness created this relationship. And as we're already said, she got more and more bouncy and silly as time went on....so much so that I'm not even really sure who her character is now. If a new actress were to come in....how would she play Sarah? As a Doctor who giggles around a former hitman? It's kind of hard to make that work.

Hopefully, Lindsay gets her rest or whatever, and comes back in a bit. I think it'd be interesting to see Xander spiral without her - and without Titan - and then have them cross paths again.

I just hope we get a good two-episode breakup fight...not her mysteriously vanishing or something like that. Let them break up for any of the various reasons that are clearly problems in their relationship. But show it.

I'll also miss Lindsay because Sander (Xarah?) were a bright light on the show. I've enjoyed them. I dread Gander (Xwen?) so please, Ron, just don't even go there.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

I used to find Xander alot more likeable when he was grey because PT was great at playing a entertaining villain. Unfortunately, his limited acting range surfaced once Xander was changed into a reformed hero and became Sarah's love interest. I tend to believe that's also part of the reason contributes to "LG's deteriorated acting". Xander and Sarah are okay as comedy duos, because LG and PT are fun persons in real life. However, when they are tasked with playing out actual romance and emotional depth, it just falls flat. It may be for the best if Xander goes back to be a entertaining villain. 

I have had time to sleep on this and think that maybe I could try out a Gwen/Xander pairing. She is a very strong actress and I think that is what he might need to pull out a deeper performance. Sometimes it comes down to having one really good actor in the pairing, not that LG wasn't good but her wacky take on Sarah in the past year has given PT little to work with. I think he has had some very good moments with SR and JA so I know he has it in him. Plus if he marries Gwen Jack would be his daddy lol I know he wants that

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I rather Xander revert to being the villian he once was than be paired with Gwen. I mean I wouldn't mind it if they were a "villain couple" but this show wants us to like Gwen and so they'll make her be some woe is me and hard pass... 

Why can't they get that people can like and enjoy Gwen without her being redeemed lol?

14 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I have had time to sleep on this and think that maybe I could try out a Gwen/Xander pairing. She is a very strong actress and I think that is what he might need to pull out a deeper performance. Sometimes it comes down to having one really good actor in the pairing, not that LG wasn't good but her wacky take on Sarah in the past year has given PT little to work with. I think he has had some very good moments with SR and JA so I know he has it in him. Plus if he marries Gwen Jack would be his daddy lol I know he wants that

Same. I mean, Gwen is literally my fave character on this show so I would be down to see her get a ship. I enjoy Xander (and PT) more when he's being snarky/a dick/evil so I could see the 2 of them working for me.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

IF Linsey Godfrey's exit does have to do with a return by Melissa Reeves, I call bullshit for one reason: Lamon Archey was digging at Reeves via Twitter as much as Godfrey was. So, again, IF that little battle has anything to do with this, I think it is crap that only the female cast member gets tossed because of it.

With that said, as abrupt as this exit appears to be, perhaps it has nothing to do with that and has to do with potential personal issues with Godfrey?

Either way, this sucks. I did like Sarah/Xander, and if Sarah - a Horton - is sacrificed for fucking useless Gwen, it makes this even worse.

I don't know if this exit is that abrupt. Just last week, I commented in the main thread asking if they were transitioning Sarah out of the show. In at least 3 episodes fairly recently, they literally have Sarah show up for one scene in an entire episode. It seemed like they were trying to get through her guarantee. So while I'm still surprised she's leaving, especially right now as she finally has something substantial to do, I'm not shocked.

To me, outside of Xander, it's hard to see Sarah's place on the show. I think giving the character some time off-screen as a chance to reboot her is a great strategy. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why can't they get that people can like and enjoy Gwen without her being redeemed lol?

Same. I mean, Gwen is literally my fave character on this show so I would be down to see her get a ship. I enjoy Xander (and PT) more when he's being snarky/a dick/evil so I could see the 2 of them working for me.

Its too difficult to write apparently. I mean Gwen at least isn't in the Kristen etc realm of awfulness yet so she could be a bad girl/villainess without it being completely OTT.

I don't really need Xander in a pairing he can just be the snarky villain he was before Sarah.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why can't they get that people can like and enjoy Gwen without her being redeemed

Because the folks who already don't like her will constantly bring up all her misdeeds.

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Because the folks who already don't like her will constantly bring up all her misdeeds.

I love Gwen and the fact she owns her awfulness makes her more interesting to me. Abby is also awful but she is sanctimonious about it and thinks she is justified in everything she does. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

I don't know why TPTB would care about that; it happens with every character lol. The writers are just determined to do bullshit redemption stories that end up making me hate characters I liked. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know why TPTB would care about that; it happens with every character lol. The writers are just determined to do bullshit redemption stories that end up making me hate characters I liked. 

I remember being so sad when they gave Steve a family right after Christmas in 1986 - I loved the story as it was with Kayla and Steve - they did not need the drama of Adrienne and Jo that early in the story, it woobified him when I wanted him bad longer

If the tptb wanted people to like Gwen, making her so irredeemable wasn't smart move. She drugged to point of brain damage. If they want redeem, they should start there instead of faking black eyes and injuries to get Abby jailed. That doesn't show they want people to like her. 

Admit it and confess.  

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Artsda said:

If the tptb wanted people to like Gwen, making her so irredeemable wasn't smart move. She drugged to point of brain damage. If they want redeem, they should start there instead of faking black eyes and injuries to get Abby jailed. That doesn't show they want people to like her. 

Admit it and confess.  

As long as Ben is on the show and loved by all (except the viewers), Gwen is not irredeemable

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I love Gwen and the fact she owns her awfulness makes her more interesting to me. Abby is also awful but she is sanctimonious about it and thinks she is justified in everything she does. 

She doesn't really own her awfulness, IMO.  She sort of did in the beginning but once we learned what was behind the choices she made, she basically blamed everyone else and is still playing the victim for her choices. 

I'm not saying she's irredeemable or can't own her awfulness in the future but right now, she's playing the victim.  And she is but not because of the people she targeted. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

She doesn't really own her awfulness, IMO.  She sort of did in the beginning but once we learned what was behind the choices she made, she basically blamed everyone else and is still playing the victim for her choices. 

I'm not saying she's irredeemable or can't own her awfulness in the future but right now, she's playing the victim.  And she is but not because of the people she targeted. 

I mean that she knows she is a foul person, she referred to herself as a bitter vindictive bitch a few weeks back, that to me is an acknowledgement that she has gone off the rails and then some

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

THIS. She point blank told Gabi she's not sorry for drugging Abigail or any of the other foul things she's done. I don't care if someone acknowledges they're an asshole, if they continue to do crappy things and refuse to actually own up to the things they've already done to the people they've actually hurt.

• Love 1

I hate that this is how they're sending off Sarah.  It's all super weird what they're doing with spouses/partners here.

Sarah is going to be on some island.  Ciara is going to be alive but have amnesia.  Jennifer is going to be arranging things where Laura lives indefinitely.  Eric is in Africa indefinitely. 

They should have let everyone believe Ciara is dead.  They probably could have come up with a reason why Sarah decided she wasn't ready to marry Xander given everything they have been through.  Hell, she could have kidnapped Rachel again.  No one would have noticed, I don't think. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

As long as Ben is on the show and loved by all (except the viewers), Gwen is not irredeemable

Exactly. But I don't want her redeemed, dammit! Let her keep being the 'bitter vindictive bitch' she is, show!

3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's all super weird what they're doing with spouses/partners here.

Sarah is going to be on some island.  Ciara is going to be alive but have amnesia.  Jennifer is going to be arranging things where Laura lives indefinitely.  Eric is in Africa indefinitely. 

Yea, it is very weird. I mean, I get that it must be hard when one half of a couple decides to leave or has to be let go, but there has to be better ways to deal with this. I think, in general, it's probably best to just break them all up tbh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think, in general, it's probably best to just break them all up tbh.

I think the one couple they're okay keeping together with a distance is Jack and Jennifer--at least for the time being.  They're an older established couple.  They're probably not going to feel pressured to put him into a new young hot couple the way they would with Ben, Xander and even Nicole.  His story right now is about Gwen and Abigail.  That gives them breathing room while Jennifer's not on the canvas. His "guarantee" probably averages out to one or two episodes a week at most.

But the others....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

I hate the way they're writing Gabi right now. No man is worth this shit.

Jake is making both Kate and Gabi look terrible. Kate is not "too old" and Gabi is not this desperate.

That pic of Xarah getting married is gorgeous. They look beautiful and serene. Come on! Come on!!!

🥺🥺🥺

• Love 4

13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jake is making both Kate and Gabi look terrible. Kate is not "too old" and Gabi is not this desperate.

Seriously. Jake, in particular, is not worth this. I find it very hard to believe Kate has such strong feelings for him that she's acting the way she is. So embarrassing. With Gabi it makes slightly more sense but it still makes no sense lol. 

• Love 5

I would be fine with this Xarah plot if Linsey was not gone Monday. Knowing there will be no resolution and that Kristen will get away with this makes me sick. The smugness of Rex and Brady to Xander was nauseating too. One is dating a sociopath and the other is a serial cheater. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

The smugness of Rex and Brady to Xander was nauseating too. One is dating a sociopath and the other is a serial cheater. 

As loathe as I am to defend Brady, and him dating Kristen does mean he doesn't have any stones to throw over anyone else's choices in partners, Xander let him think his child was dead for over a year. Brady has earned being as big of an ass as he wants to Xander. Xander's got heaps of his own unearned smugness. And Xander is a kidnapper and attempted murderer. I don't know how Rex being a serial cheater is worse than Xander's laundry list of actual crimes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

As loathe as I am to defend Brady, and him dating Kristen does mean he doesn't have any stones to throw over anyone else's choices in partners, Xander let him think his child was dead for over a year. Brady has earned being as big of an ass as he wants to Xander. Xander's got heaps of his own unearned smugness. And Xander is a kidnapper and attempted murderer. I don't know how Rex being a serial cheater is worse than Xander's laundry list of actual crimes.

I guess the difference is I do believe Xander has actually changed over the last year, Kristen has clearly not. Rex just does not deserve another chance with Sarah. I liked original Rex with Mimi they should just put them together off screen

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I guess the difference is I do believe Xander has actually changed over the last year, Kristen has clearly not. Rex just does not deserve another chance with Sarah. I liked original Rex with Mimi they should just put them together off screen

In a contest between Xander and Kristen, I'd probably give the less loathsome edge to Xander in a real squeaker. As for whether he's really changed, I doubt it. I guess we'll see what happens when Sarah's gone. Does he keep up this "changed" persona or does he revert to form? I'm thinking he's going to revert to form because the only reason he "changed" was because Sarah wouldn't have it any other way. His only reason to do anything decent was because he was looking to impress or get Sarah's approval (and to a lesser extent Maggie's.)

As for whether Rex deserves forgiveness, I don't see why not. While I thought it was too soon, Sarah did forgive him for what he did and married him. In fact, it was Sarah who broke up their relationship and cheated the last time they were together.

• Love 3

In retrospect they should've just had Stefan come BFTD it would've at least meant something.

They could have Gabi be a mom for a while but I don't think the show wants her tied down however I think they'll toss her in Phillip's direction.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

TBH, Xander's so-called "redemption" was just as poorly handled as Ben and Kristen's; it was done in a snap of finger. Oh let's not forget how the changed Xander intended to keep Eric from finding out that he had a daughter, and how TPTBs twisted the fact to prop up Xarah. 

Hmm It's not Rex who doesn't deserve Sarah, it's actually Xander

On 3/18/2021 at 2:14 PM, brisbydog said:

I really hate that they are ending Xarah like this 😞

This.

It would be one thing if Linsey Godfrey is leaving on her own for her own reasons, but the truth is, we don't know.

And if this exit is NOT voluntary just to prolong the bullshit that is Kristen and her psychosis, it just sucks worse.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This.

It would be one thing if Linsey Godfrey is leaving on her own for her own reasons, but the truth is, we don't know.

And if this exit is NOT voluntary just to prolong the bullshit that is Kristen and her psychosis, it just sucks worse.

If she quit for mental health reasons,  which I suspect, then having her off screen for a month  then returning recast to expose Kristen is acceptable. If they let her go and wrote this crap to get the character off long term it is not.

• Love 12

I wonder if they're going to leave Sarah's fate ambiguous. Will we see Kristen stuff her into the steamer trunk? Is the trunk's destination Chicago or the DiMera Island? It would absolutely suck if Kristen actually kills Sarah and stuffs her into the trunk. I hope she's just knocked out and comes back in a few weeks (if LG just needs a few week/months off). This whole storyline sucks and this is no way for a long-running character to be written off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't think they will show Sarah as dead. I think she will somehow be shipped somewhere. As horrible as Kristen is, if she actually killed Sarah, that would do it for her. It's not like Sarah isn't a popular character (although annoying) and "deserved to die" like Charlie. 

• Useful 1