Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I remember feeling at the time that it was novel for Sami to be the target of obsession instead.

Was there a regime change at the time? Because I felt like they were setting up Lumi as the endgame leading up to the May 2007 Lumi wedding, right down to the "I Can't Stop Loving You" wedding montage, and the EJ stuff was supposed to be the obstacle. But then we got that weird-ass Colleen/Santo storyline and suddenly Ejami was made for each other.

I believe Kola Boof was writing around the time and then I think Hogan Sheffer took over?

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

And I still don't believe the big murder story will be over in two weeks. It takes that long for someone to answer the door! There are still way too many possible suspects who have not been questioned yet.

This is what happens when you put Rafe in charge of investigating a crime.

I wonder who will end up solving this mystery. Right now, no one cares about Charlie to get justice for him and the people that are accused turn out to be innocent so they don't care to investigate further once the Salem PD lets them go.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I believe Kola Boof was writing around the time and then I think Hogan Sheffer took over?

Yeah, there was definitely some kind of regime change going on in '07 because the way they backtracked on EJ being the evil obstacle to Lumi 4Ever was pretty transparent. Wasn't this also the time that Phillip went cuckoo for cocoa puffs? 

It was a wild time to be a fan, though. I remember one EJami fan used the Lumi wedding montage song for their own EJami video. LOL.

• Love 2

Today in Salem:

Ciara agrees to hypnosis,so Marlena begins the session!! NO THANKS. Let her go on with her life free from the serial killer please

Ciara rips into Claire!! Also no thanks, already over this

Gwen makes a surprising apology to Chad!! Yes. Always there for Gwen

Jack urges Abby to call truce with Gwen!! Also always there for Jack

Xander gets to know Chanel!! Unsure. She seems way too young for him so please keep it platonic

A drunken Xander makes a chaotic scene at Julie's place!! I see Jack in the photo restraining him so tolerable but already over drunk Xander

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, boes said:

It's getting easier and easier to skip this show.

I am pretty much out at this point unless I read Linsey is coming back. There is nothing I enjoy anymore 😞

• Love 4

Does Xander even get to enjoy any of the Kiriakis fortune anyway? I know like everyone in Salem he lives comfortably even though he is currently unemployed, but I don't think Victor funds his living so he's not exactly wealthy. And how does new-to-town Chanel know about the Kiriakis fortune and Xander's connection? If the show needs to give Xander a storyline then maybe they shouldn't have let LG go and just continued the Xarah storyline. This is all so stupid.

• Love 4

Xander could do some investigating about his runaway bride. Unless Sarah has a pattern of just floating off for bits of time without contacting anyone, things like her probably abandoning her job, closets in the room are still full of clothes, etc.

Surely all the I can’t get in touch with my mom calls that Shawn talks about could be resolved with a fake call from Hope to her daughter.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Xander could do some investigating about his runaway bride. Unless Sarah has a pattern of just floating off for bits of time without contacting anyone, things like her probably abandoning her job, closets in the room are still full of clothes, etc.

Surely all the I can’t get in touch with my mom calls that Shawn talks about could be resolved with a fake call from Hope to her daughter.

Maggie will panic soon enough when there is zero contact from Sarah and she returns home to find everything still in her room. You know, if Maggie were a real person, which she is not, so she won't notice or care. 

I was very focused on Kristen lugging that stupid trunk into Marlena's house. What was the point of establishing that she brought it home with her? WHY would she? My mind went to a Chloe mask and Chloe ending up in the trunk and shipped off to the island next. But that is pure speculation.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, boes said:

It's getting easier and easier to skip this show.

Which I honestly think is what they want. 

I think they are intentionally wrecking popular couples, getting rid of fan faves etc to drive away fans so it will be much easier to cancel the show and say "See nobody cares about the show anymore etc" as if they didn't create this mess.

Its April 6th and we still haven't heard whether the show was renewed or not. 

Do we even know the latest ratings one would think those would be released by now.

• Love 1

I’m not sure what is going on with the Abby actress and whether she will go on maternity leave or they will bring in the other actress etc. But if Gwen is going to be pregnant with Chad’s kid (or just lie and say she is) then I wonder if they will revisit EJ and Abby when he returns lol? The two habitual cheaters have been cheated on, so maybe they will cheat with each other again lol?

• Useful 3

Not really sure how Abby is a habitual cheater? I mean she leaves a lot to be desired but she only cheated on Ben with Chad.

EJ is a bit of a better argument as he has cheated on Sami(with Abby) and Nicole(with her sister).

I could see it if KM returned in the role but I can't picture MM's Abby doing this. However I don't buy this show breaking up Chad/Abby long term(even though it would be best for both characters).

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Who the _______ is Xandy marrying?!?

Chanel, I believe.

Doesn't DOOL have some evil execs? I can just see them going "so you want to be an ally of POC, how do you feel about being replaced in your story with a woman of color?"

That said, I don't hate May/December things so I'll check out Xander and Chanel. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Chanel, I believe.

Doesn't DOOL have some evil execs? I can just see them going "so you want to be an ally of POC, how do you feel about being replaced in your story with a woman of color?"

That said, I don't hate May/December things so I'll check out Xander and Chanel. 

This Xander shit is just that...shit. But hey, Ron is true to form, so...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not really sure how Abby is a habitual cheater? I mean she leaves a lot to be desired but she only cheated on Ben with Chad.

EJ is a bit of a better argument as he has cheated on Sami(with Abby) and Nicole(with her sister).

I could see it if KM returned in the role but I can't picture MM's Abby doing this. However I don't buy this show breaking up Chad/Abby long term(even though it would be best for both characters).

For some reason I had it in my head that Abby had cheated on her boyfriends a few years back (that Cameron guy and someone else, maybe Chad?). But I could be just misremembering things and sort of mixing stuff up with the Austin drugging and EJ affair. TBH I don’t pay that much attention to Abby so I could have things wrong heh.

EJ also cheated on Nicole when he and Sami had “grief sex” in one of the most hideously horrible non- rape sex scenes I’ve ever seen lol.

Yeah I agree that Chabby won’t break up, or not for long, so if they revisited EJ/Abby it wouldn’t be a long term thing. Also, to be fair, if they did revisit that hookup it wouldn’t necessarily have to be another affair. Abby and EJ could break up with Chad and Sami (temporarily or permanently) when the Gwen baby and Lumi sex is revealed.

Kate’s probably also due to roll out the old welcome wagon again lol.

• Love 1

Ugh at Gwen being pregnant. I'll wait and see though because I love Gwen but I feel like I'm just waiting for the moment they were her with a 'redemption.' Sigh.

I hope Xander and Chanel have chem because they have a lot of tropes I'm into working for them: age difference, height difference, fake marriage.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

For some reason I had it in my head that Abby had cheated on her boyfriends a few years back (that Cameron guy and someone else, maybe Chad?). But I could be just misremembering things and sort of mixing stuff up with the Austin drugging and EJ affair. TBH I don’t pay that much attention to Abby so I could have things wrong heh.

EJ also cheated on Nicole when he and Sami had “grief sex” in one of the most hideously horrible non- rape sex scenes I’ve ever seen lol.

Yeah I agree that Chabby won’t break up, or not for long, so if they revisited EJ/Abby it wouldn’t be a long term thing. Also, to be fair, if they did revisit that hookup it wouldn’t necessarily have to be another affair. Abby and EJ could break up with Chad and Sami (temporarily or permanently) when the Gwen baby and Lumi sex is revealed.

Kate’s probably also due to roll out the old welcome wagon again lol.

Abby never cheated on Cameron although she was attracted to Chad. She also never cheated on Chad(although tbh she probably should've). 

Austin was drunk she didn't drug him. 

I also forgot about Ejami grief sex(I think that produced Sydney) I actually liked EJ/Nicole together but I think after that I realized Sami will always come first and Nicole was second best. I did like Brady/Nicole together at the time so I didn't mind them as a consolation prize.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also forgot about Ejami grief sex(I think that produced Sydney) I actually liked EJ/Nicole together but I think after that I realized Sami will always come first and Nicole was second best. I did like Brady/Nicole together at the time so I didn't mind them as a consolation prize.

Grief sex happened when Johnny went missing after the shooting at the Pub and the media had errorneously report that Johnny's dead body was found. Sydney  was conceived when EJ and Sami were married the first time, living in the mansion while Lucas was in prison for shooting EJ at their wedding (it was revealed years later that it was really Will that shot EJ).

• Love 3
On 4/6/2021 at 9:37 PM, bubble sparkly said:

I’m not sure what is going on with the Abby actress and whether she will go on maternity leave or they will bring in the other actress etc. But if Gwen is going to be pregnant with Chad’s kid (or just lie and say she is) then I wonder if they will revisit EJ and Abby when he returns lol? The two habitual cheaters have been cheated on, so maybe they will cheat with each other again lol?

I’m sure at least once when nu-EJ comes on he’ll have sex w Kate. Because Kate

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/7/2021 at 9:14 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I hope Xander and Chanel have chem because they have a lot of tropes I'm into working for them: age difference, height difference, fake marriage.

Bring It On Volleyball GIF by VCU Athletics

Tropes, man.  Bring on the tropes. I love tropes.  I liked Xarah but I'm not immune to tropes and I am not minding Chanel so far.  My only quibble is that this usually works better if we know the characters a little bit more.  Chanel is just a little too new.  It'd work better if we saw her scheming a bit more to find an easy path to money before she ran into Xander.

And this would be even better if he thought she were rich.  It'd be shades of the only Cameron Matheson pairing I liked on AMC--Ryan and Gillian.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I've yet to see Chanel.....but isn't her mother rich? And isn't Xandy out of a job?

Her mother is rich but she was tired of supporting her non-working daughter so Paulina essentially cut off her credit cards.  Xander is out of a job but Chanel doesn't know that.  They ran into each other in the park where Xander was drinking.  He started running out of alcohol so he invited her back to his room.  When he went into the bathroom, he gave her his credit cards and told her to order room service (she had confessed that she had just been cut off.)  That's how Chanel found out his name was Xander Kiriakis.  She also found his Titan ID badge which listed him as CEO.  I guess they did not take away his badge when they fired him. (Or he quit?  I can't keep track.)

Marriage feels extreme to get access to money, though.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Marriage feels extreme to get access to money, though.

It is just another kick in the teeth to Xarah fans. I imagine Sarah will return once Xander has moved on and has committed to his fake marriage.

Likely with some sort of delusions and brain damage due to being injected with Dr Rolf Serum and not treated for it. I hate Kristen

Kristin and Susan swapping places will eventually be exposed. Sarah, whether it is the original actress or not, will likely come back at some point. I would be angry that my fiancé would not think that my behaviour would be out of character. Too bad someone can’t fish the Sarah mask out of the Murder Park trash can or wherever it is now.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kristin and Susan swapping places will eventually be exposed. Sarah, whether it is the original actress or not, will likely come back at some point. I would be angry that my fiancé would not think that my behaviour would be out of character. Too bad someone can’t fish the Sarah mask out of the Murder Park trash can or wherever it is now.

To be fair to Xander, he did not have the information we had that Kristen was out of jail. And fake Sarah handed him the engagement ring. He was also hungover and in total shock so would not focus on her behaviour just what was going on

And yeah, she will be back this summer I'm sure. I just hope it is Linsey

• Love 6

The trouble is, I think Xandy has a lot of story left in him, so if Lindsay doesn't want to stay, that means having to write a believable breakup....which they've proven themselves unwilling to do.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The trouble is, I think Xandy has a lot of story left in him, so if Lindsay doesn't want to stay, that means having to write a believable breakup....which they've proven themselves unwilling to do.

Linsey was let go. The show runners or writers really think this is a great idea. She stated she would return if asked

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

As someone else said, Linsey Godfrey did not leave. She was given the boot. For this crappola.

Oh okay - I was unclear on how and why she left. I thought she'd said it had to do with mental health issues...

Well...maybe they needed to free up dough to lure another actor onto the show? I dunno.

This was a stupid send-off, no question. Actually, I missed Sarah's last day...what did they show us? Is she locked in a trunk or something? I saw "her" tell Xandy it was over....but that's it...

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

This was a stupid send-off, no question. Actually, I missed Sarah's last day...what did they show us? Is she locked in a trunk or something? I saw "her" tell Xandy it was over....but that's it...

She tried to escape from Kristen when she got back from playing Sarah breaking up with Xander.  Kristen put Sarah in a trunk and left town.  The last scene we saw was Kristen (as Sarah) walking past the pub dragging the trunk.  She told Rex she needed to be alone and wasn't going to leave him with him after all.

And frustratingly, after Rex told people he was leaving with Sarah, he told NO ONE that she had decided not to go with him.  So everyone in town assumes Sarah is off with Rex.  It reminds me of the time when he ran into Sarah in Paris and no one had bothered to tell him that Sarah had kidnapped Rachel. 

It's like no one gossips in this town. 

Meanwhile, Xander went to tell everyone the wedding had been cancelled.  He told Jack why and Jack was questioning a lot of the weirdness.  They got so close to saying that this is weird as hell but of course, it'd destroy the story for them to outright say that something weird was going on.

On to today's show which I'll put here because it involves spoilers---so there was no Xander and Chanel after yesterday?  And it doesn't sound like they're on tomorrow either based on episode descriptions.  So are they just going to be randomly married on Monday's show with very little in between? 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh okay - I was unclear on how and why she left. I thought she'd said it had to do with mental health issues...

Well...maybe they needed to free up dough to lure another actor onto the show? I dunno.

Yeah I think it was all about money. Jackee and Ally are probably not cheap, and Linsey is more expensive than the Chanels, Allies, Theos, Claires that are going to be making up 90% of the show.

Oh forgot to add that I saw a breakdown of who had the most episodes all year, and Claire was #1. Cause she is everybody's FAVE

Edited by brisbydog
claire
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

On to today's show which I'll put here because it involves spoilers---so there was no Xander and Chanel after yesterday?  And it doesn't sound like they're on tomorrow either based on episode descriptions.  So are they just going to be randomly married on Monday's show with very little in between? 

I didn't realize they're already going to be married on Monday. That makes no sense but it is hilarious lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ben is not my favorite character but this story is doing him no favors.  
I actually think this could have been a better story and they should have had them fall in love again like old school soaps. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

So, just where is this stash of memory vaccines ready to go that everyone seems to know about? Shouldn't it be, I don't know, under legal or medical control????? Or destroyed?

Don't forget the mind altering drugs that can scramble someone's brain.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:50 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I wouldn't necessarily call her a habitual cheater; but she had no qualms about aggressively pursuing Austin and EJ, who were both married/engaged.  And if I'm not mistaken, she began pursuing Austin while she was still in a relationship with Chad (which would have been cheating had she been successful).  I'll just say that her big stories prior to DID pretty much all involved her cheating on her significant other or trying to get someone else to cheat.

• Love 3
On 4/7/2021 at 12:32 AM, bubble sparkly said:

She made Carrie and Austin think that he cheated on Carrie with him (Abby drugged him and told him they had slept together).

She made Chad and Cameron compete for her virginity.

She had sex with EJ in the gym shower while Sami was on the other side of the curtain (and then used Johnny to make cookies so she could be close to EJ).

She cheated on Chad with Stefan.

• Love 1