Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I guess this means we're back to Smug Kate Mansi.

Where's this coming from? 

I figure Chad/Abby would just be written out (if only it were permanent tbh) since Sami is returning and we know she and the rest of the Jarlena family will get the writing focus. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

If the actress is really going on maternity leave, there is no reason she can't go "help her mom with Laura's estate."

Well you know, that would make sense and be dignified so Ron will probably write she went to the coo coo den or is in some cargo container instead. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

If the actress is really going on maternity leave, there is no reason she can't go "help her mom with Laura's estate."

That makes too much sense for Days to write course I will reserve judgment until we see what her actual exit is. I think with JJ, Jennifer and Abby being written out Jack is left so that's probably why they tied him to Gwen so he would be her sounding board. Ron seems interested in Jack compared to past writers but wants him connected to characters he is interested in(Abby and Gwen).

Even though Jack was a long standing character who has ties to a variety of other people I rather see him in stories with. Steve, Kayla, Justin etc. If Jennifer and Eric were to never return I rather see Jack/Nicole because they can both embrace their dark sides again. Plus it would get her away from a possible Nicole/Rafe/Ava triangle.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4

3/8

• Anna stumbles upon Gwen locked up in the DiMera tunnels.

• Chad is suspicious when he finds Abigail and Gabi together.

• Belle is furious at Sami for lying to her.

• Allie brings Henry to meet Ava for the first time.

3/9

• Abigail reaches her breaking point.

• Anna attempts to waylay Chad.

• Jake and Kate fight about Gabi.

• Paulina has a proposal for Abe.

3/10

• Evan prepares to kill Ben.

• Shawn and Ben close in on Evan.

• Paulina inadvertently stirs up drama for Eli and Lani.

• Theo returns to Salem.

3/11

• Evan takes Claire hostage.

• Kristen tries a new tactic with Chloe.

• Sarah makes a shocking discovery.

• Ciara finds herself in dire straits.

3/12

• Chloe tries to tell Brady she has feelings for him.

• Rex puts a damper on Xander and Jack's two-man bachelor party.

• Kristen takes extreme measures to protect her secret.

• Ben fears he's too late to save Ciara.

• Love 2

I'm looking forward to Jackee Harry because at least she can be entertaining in an otherwise dreary show.

Anna is great too and knowing her will let Gwen rot.

I did get a chuckle out of Rex putting a damper on Jack and Xander's bachelor party.. there are two people at the bachelor party how can that be any worse than it already is lol.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

• Belle is furious at Sami for lying to her.

Why is it that Ron likes to have Belle and Sami to be always at odds.  I am sure that at some point she will throw her kidnapping by Sami in her face even though the ladies look like contemporaries now.  Was Sami 5 when she kidnapped her?  Ron should just never refer to that storyline due to Belle's SORAS.  

• Love 4

Allie brings Henry to meet Ava for the first time

....WHY???

Ava is also a rapist. Kinda thought you hated those, Allie. Maybe shoot her lips off?

Abigail reaches her breaking point.

DUCK!

Paulina inadvertently stirs up drama for Eli and Lani

With Judi Evans on the show in another role, that's gonna be hella confusing for me.

Ciara finds herself in dire straits

So....just another day then?

Chloe tries to tell Brady she has feelings for him.

Nausea!! Heartburn!! Indigestion!! Upset Stomach!! Diarrhea!!

• LOL 6
48 minutes ago, boes said:

Rex is back??  Yea!!!!!!

I don't know what it is, but I find something really sexy about Kyle Lowder.

Which is funny, because when Kyle first showed up as Brady, I thought he was a total uggo. It's amazing what charisma and an angelic singing voice can do.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Evan prepares to kill Ben.

I knew I loved Evan! But, again, they're teasing me with the thought of Ben's death. It's just very rude.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If Ben kills Evan (isn't it Christian?) I will hate him even more than I already do...

Seriously. Also, he told Ciara he prefers Evan so, thankfully, I guess they're just giving up on the Christian name.

I actually like a lot of those spoilers. And then there are some bad ones, too. Like Allie bringing Henry to Ava. Fuck Ava!

I am super pumped for Rex to come back. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, brisbydog said:

• Allie brings Henry to meet Ava for the first time.

So dipshit, stick-in-the-mud, dim-witted Allie brings her baby to meet Granny Ava???  For that alone she should get a visit from Child Protective Serivces.

But why am I positive that Allie will still see Sami as the worst of the worst?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Nothing really new here. I wouldn’t be that important to need to be in Africa. Sucks to be you, Nicky. I waited years to marry you and then took off. Kill off Eric or recast the role.

https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-lives-prediction-ava-rafe-nicole-love-triangle-ahead/

I get that they want to keep Nicole around, but in the real world couples would discuss this.   There is also a really good chance that Nicole would simply take Holly and go to Africa.  She has money, she doesn't really need to be in Salem and it's not like she and Eric have had a falling out.  This is REALLY lazy writing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

....WHY???

Ava is also a rapist. Kinda thought you hated those, Allie. Maybe shoot her lips off?

3 hours ago, boes said:

So dipshit, stick-in-the-mud, dim-witted Allie brings her baby to meet Granny Ava???  For that alone she should get a visit from Child Protective Serivces.

But why am I positive that Allie will still see Sami as the worst of the worst?

Well, Henry's other grandmother Sami is also a rapist (Henry's gene pool sucks) so if she's going to let Sami around Henry, might as well let Ava have a chance to warp his mind, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Well, Henry's other grandmother Sami is also a rapist (Henry's gene pool sucks) so if she's going to let Sami around Henry, might as well let Ava have a chance to warp his mind, too.

That child is DOOMED.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I get that they want to keep Nicole around, but in the real world couples would discuss this.   There is also a really good chance that Nicole would simply take Holly and go to Africa.  She has money, she doesn't really need to be in Salem and it's not like she and Eric have had a falling out.  This is REALLY lazy writing.

Exactly!  all Nicole has to do is get the necessary vaccinations for herself her daughter and take a long flight to join Eric. Has the show ever said which African country needs Eric so much that he is ignoring his family.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh, it's...it's the one...with the black people.

Yup. That one.

BTW, what's Greg V busy with that's keeping him from coming back?

Ava/Rafe/Nicole is such a NO.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Exactly!  all Nicole has to do is get the necessary vaccinations for herself her daughter and take a long flight to join Eric. Has the show ever said which African country needs Eric so much that he is ignoring his family.. 

No. He's "saving Africa". You know, that entire continent of diverse cultures, ethnicities and geography.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh, it's...it's the one...with the black people.

Yup. That one.

BTW, what's Greg V busy with that's keeping him from coming back?

Ava/Rafe/Nicole is such a NO.

He got a regular role in Queen Sugar when all the actors were released from their contracts last year.

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why is it that Ron likes to have Belle and Sami to be always at odds.  I am sure that at some point she will throw her kidnapping by Sami in her face even though the ladies look like contemporaries now.  Was Sami 5 when she kidnapped her?  Ron should just never refer to that storyline due to Belle's SORAS.  

I have no issue with Sami/Belle at odds I rather have that than them be friends tbh considering past history. However Ron is stuck in the JER era where Sami resented Belle's existence because of Jarlena even though they were well past that years later. Plus Carrie isn't around so Sami has to feud with one of her siblings.

• Love 2
(edited)
51 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I have no issue with Sami/Belle at odds I rather have that than them be friends tbh considering past history. However Ron is stuck in the JER era where Sami resented Belle's existence because of Jarlena even though they were well past that years later. Plus Carrie isn't around so Sami has to feud with one of her siblings.

Sami never resented Belle, she was scared and wanted to protect Roman from finding out that he was not her father.  She also wanted to raise Belle away from Salem and was going to do so until John and Kristen stopped her.  Ron and other writers always fail to mention that part. Sami was obviously a troubled young girl at the time.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Has the show ever said which African country needs Eric so much that he is ignoring his family.. 

Not that I recall, but I suspect if/when they want to officially end Eric's character it will be a country with Ebola. 

Probably another UO, but I don't see Ava as a rapist. The main emotion as it relates to rape is violence...the act of doing harm and causing pain. Rape has nothing to do with having/enjoying sex.

Not only does Greg have a job but the last interview he gave when his exit was announced he didn't sound like someone I would expect back even if he had no other work. Remember he made that comment about feeling like a glorified extra.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Not only does Greg have a job but the last interview he gave when his exit was announced he didn't sound like someone I would expect back even if he had no other work. Remember he made that comment about feeling like a glorified extra.

Which was very, very true. He's a handsome guy but going all the way back to his days on Charmed he's never made much of an impression on me.  I'm telling you guys- just recast Eric with Brock Kelly and ignore the age thing. He's hot, can act, and even looks more like Jensen Ackles than he did when he played Young Jensen Ackles on Supernatural. Y&R ignored the age thing with Suddenly Millennial Adam Newman and people eventually got over it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Probably another UO, but I don't see Ava as a rapist. The main emotion as it relates to rape is violence...the act of doing harm and causing pain. Rape has nothing to do with having/enjoying sex.

Rape is about controlling another person. It doesn't have to be overtly violent either. Ava had Kayla locked up somewhere and ordered Steve to bone her. EJ also did the same thing, refusing to permit Sami to save Lucas unless she boned him.

Neither victim was slapped, IIRC, but there was absolutely the threat of violence and death if Ava and EJ weren't obeyed.

And then there's Eric getting drugged and raped. Kristen and EJ laughed it off because he was "uptight" so obviously, getting laid was a gift to him. But that was rape.

Kristen pretending to be Nicole and boning Brady was also rape, purely because she misrepresented who she was and Brady couldn't make an informed decision. Had he consented to masked sex with someone, that'd be different. He thought it was really Nicole.

Susan also raped John by pretending to be Kristen and boning him. He never called it rape...but that's what it was.

There are a lot of problems with how rape is portrayed on this show...but it is especially disappointing how on TV and in real life men are thought of as being incapable of being victimized because their often involuntary physical reaction to stimulation is mistaken for consent.

Bottom line - guys organs can get hard even if they're not into the sexual encounter. Being hard doesn't mean you aren't getting raped.

I too once thought rape = violence....but that's not true. A rapist doesn't have to yell or leave bruises or hold a gun on you to be raping you. Young people are raped by adults who are being gentle...but are knowingly manipulating a child. That's why so many survivors of childhood abuse grow up confused and thinking they were complicit because "it felt good" or "he didn't hurt me".

Putting it simply, if the other person cannot consent, its wrong. Rape is about forcing yourself on someone. Whether the other person screams or cries is irrelevant.

To bring it back to soaps, Jake on Another World raped Marley...because he wanted to "show her how much he loved her". She was leaving him, their marriage was over. He couldn't accept that. He didn't punch her...he just didn't get that his desperate attempt to use sex as a solution was rape. I don't recall all the fine details (I watched the clip on YT only once), but I remember him expressing his determination to "show her his love", ignoring her feelings entirely.

She wept and said "no", making it a more clear cut case of rape, as we've been conditioned to view it, but my point is that Jake wasn't setting out to punish her. He wasn't thinking of violence. That wasn't his aim. He just wanted her not to leave him. He was trying to physically convince her. But it still was rape.

Sadly, a lot of people end up in situations where they are doing something wrong or having something wrong done to them, but because it doesn't present in a violent way, aren't able to see it for what it is: an assault.

We really need to change that dynamic. Establishing consent is so important. I'm glad you voiced your opinion on this MSTREE and hope this is some food for thought.

Just because it isn't aggressive doesn't mean it isn't rape. Just because someone doesn't scream out "Nooo!" doesn't mean it isn't rape. Just because the nerve endings responded with feelings of physical pleasure doesn't mean it wasn't rape.

And especially on soaps...just because the victim and their attacker end up getting into a relationship or getting married doesn't mean it wasn't rape.

Sigh.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 15
(edited)
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

EJ also did the same thing, refusing to permit Sami to save Lucas unless she boned him.

That isn’t exactly right. The roof of the cabin fell on top of Lucas and  Sami could not get him out by herself. She flagged the first car on the road looking for someone to help her. Unbeknownst to Sami when she got in the car, it was EJ who was trying to avoid a police roadblock after he shot John. Sami had originally set up EJ to meet her so that the cops could grab him.

Initially EJ agreed to help Sami save Lucas if she got him through the roadblock. After they got past the cops,  EJ changed the terms of their deal and demanded that she would sleep with him if she wanted him to save Lucas. At the time, Lucas was freezing to death and she couldn’t wait to find someone else on that road and she felt that she couldn’t go to the cops from the roadblock to get help.

After EJ forced her to sleep with him, he went to the cabin  with her to pull Lucas from under the beam that he was trapped under.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm telling you guys- just recast Eric with Brock Kelly and ignore the age thing. He's hot, can act, and even looks more like Jensen Ackles than he did when he played Young Jensen Ackles on Supernatural. Y&R ignored the age thing with Suddenly Millennial Adam Newman and people eventually got over it.

I'm sure the only thing holding them back from ignoring the age thing is that he's the twin of an iconic onscreen character. Having Sami and Eric be 10 years apart would approach the ridiculousness of AW's Vicky/Marley endgame. I still can't believe that fire stretched Marley six inches!

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Rape is about controlling another person. It doesn't have to be overtly violent either. Ava had Kayla locked up somewhere and ordered Steve to bone her. EJ also did the same thing, refusing to permit Sami to save Lucas unless she boned him.

Neither victim was slapped, IIRC, but there was absolutely the threat of violence and death if Ava and EJ weren't obeyed.

And then there's Eric getting drugged and raped. Kristen and EJ laughed it off because he was "uptight" so obviously, getting laid was a gift to him. But that was rape.

Kristen pretending to be Nicole and boning Brady was also rape, purely because she misrepresented who she was and Brady couldn't make an informed decision. Had he consented to masked sex with someone, that'd be different. He thought it was really Nicole.

Susan also raped John by pretending to be Kristen and boning him. He never called it rape...but that's what it was.

There are a lot of problems with how rape is portrayed on this show...but it is especially disappointing how on TV and in real life men are thought of as being incapable of being victimized because their often involuntary physical reaction to stimulation is mistaken for consent.

Bottom line - guys organs can get hard even if they're not into the sexual encounter. Being hard doesn't mean you aren't getting raped.

I too once thought rape = violence....but that's not true. A rapist doesn't have to yell or leave bruises or hold a gun on you to be raping you. Young people are raped by adults who are being gentle...but are knowingly manipulating a child. That's why so many survivors of childhood abuse grow up confused and thinking they were complicit because "it felt good" or "he didn't hurt me".

Putting it simply, if the other person cannot consent, its wrong. Rape is about forcing yourself on someone. Whether the other person screams or cries is irrelevant.

To bring it back to soaps, Jake on Another World raped Marley...because he wanted to "show her how much he loved her". She was leaving him, their marriage was over. He couldn't accept that. He didn't punch her...he just didn't get that his desperate attempt to use sex as a solution was rape. I don't recall all the fine details (I watched the clip on YT only once), but I remember him expressing his determination to "show her his love", ignoring her feelings entirely.

She wept and said "no", making it a more clear cut case of rape, as we've been conditioned to view it, but my point is that Jake wasn't setting out to punish her. He wasn't thinking of violence. That wasn't his aim. He just wanted her not to leave him. He was trying to physically convince her. But it still was rape.

Sadly, a lot of people end up in situations where they are doing something wrong or having something wrong done to them, but because it doesn't present in a violent way, aren't able to see it for what it is: an assault.

We really need to change that dynamic. Establishing consent is so important. I'm glad you voiced your opinion on this MSTREE and hope this is some food for thought.

Just because it isn't aggressive doesn't mean it isn't rape. Just because someone doesn't scream out "Nooo!" doesn't mean it isn't rape. Just because the nerve endings responded with feelings of physical pleasure doesn't mean it wasn't rape.

And especially on soaps...just because the victim and their attacker end up getting into a relationship or getting married doesn't mean it wasn't rape.

Sigh.

Beautiful post.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

They say Theo is returning and if he's sticking around my guess is they are going to pair him with Chanel(Paulina's daughter) since they're both black. 

However if Chanel is this troublemaker they may just have her fight with Allie over Tripp.

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks guys. Tried to break it down as clearly as I could, based on what I've learned. And again, I'm definitely not trying to shade anyone here - its a tricky subject and honestly shows like this just make it worse sometimes. The "some part of the victim actually wanted it" trope is really disgusting and a dangerous message to put out into the world (Ex: Sami and EJ, Gabby-gail and Stefan, Brady and "Nicole", etc).

I didn't realize Paulina was bringing another character onto the show, sorry, my bad. Still think that she's here for Abe though.

Is it too much to hope Theo and Claire get back together? Her with Ben or even wanting Ben makes me ill.

5 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

Having Sami and Eric be 10 years apart would approach the ridiculousness of AW's Vicky/Marley endgame. I still can't believe that fire stretched Marley six inches!

I LOLed at this big-time, thanks 🙂

Yeah, that one was definitely jarring....maybe getting hit by Donna's car did the stretching.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Disney Boy...appreciate all the examples laid out and agree somewhat. The problem I have is how rape is defined. For many of the scenarios  (especially by a woman towards a man), it totally comes across as more controlling, as you stated.

Rape is a strong word IMO, especially since it relates to genitalia. All men can rape women, but all women can't rape men unless they are "up" for it. Yes, women can control, taunt, threaten, etc...but if there's no erection, there's no penetration. And as we all know, when men rape, even if they don't physically abuse, they penetrate forcefully, and yes, sometimes violently. I know.

Again, I'm not discounting anything you said. I'd just like to see if there's another (less violent) word we could use (besides rape) when women violate men by controlling their actions.

Interesting.

I see your issue now, regarding penetration, though of course men can also be on the receiving end, anally or orally, so forced penetration is not a uniquely female problem.

.....this belief that men have to be "up for it", as you put it, makes me really uncomfortable. I'm guessing you don't know what it's like to walk around all day with a body part that can suddenly randomly change shape. It can happen for all sorts of reasons. There's plenty of shame that comes with that, believe me. Being erect does not mean you consent to anything and everything or that you're even horny. It's not that simple.

I remember hearing some political figure say something about how women's bodies "have a way of shutting down/closing up to prevent rape so.....if yours didn't....thennnnn....." and it really repulsed me. Because no, that's not how it works. I think the same applies to the boner factor.

So I see any non-consentual sex between partners, whether male or female, as wrong and use the term rape in a blanket way, so as to not minimize the trauma of the victim.

But I also see how others may reserve that word for what they consider the most heinous version of that.

I just don't know that we can reasonably break down the list of acts into Rape Rape / Regular Rape / Kinda Rapey and so on without missing the point and downplaying what should never be downplayed.

I also want to extend the same sensitivity to men regarding this complex subject as is extended to women. John, Brady, Steve and Eric aren't written as survivors of rape precisely because of this pervasive notion that as guys they "had to be up for it". Their characters aren't informed by that shared experience because of a sexist belief that they couldn't have been as hurt as a woman by what happened to them. That does such a disservice to the audience and real victims.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So I see any non-consentual sex between partners, whether male or female, as wrong and use the term rape in a blanket way, so as to not minimize the trauma of the victim.

I just don't know that we can reasonably break down the list of acts into Rape Rape / Regular Rape / Kinda Rapey and so on without missing the point and downplaying what should never be downplayed.

I also want to extend the same sensitivity to men regarding this complex subject as is extended to women. John, Brady, Steve and Eric aren't written as survivors of rape precisely because of this pervasive notion that as guys they "had to be up for it". Their characters aren't informed by that shared experience because of a sexist belief that they couldn't have been as hurt as a woman by what happened to them. That does such a disservice to the audience and real victims.

Just wanted to highlight these again. You're really nailing this, @DisneyBoy. Thank you.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

but all women can't rape men unless they are "up" for it.

@DisneyBoy has done a good job explaining why erections don't mean consent but I want to go a little bit further. Rape can be done digitally (with fingers) and orally.  It also has been done with broomsticks, rods and a number of horrific objects. 

He also mentioned that men can get involuntary erections even when they're not turned on.  This can happen to women too.  It's less talked about but there are women who had an orgasm while being raped.  There is already such a stigma around a woman "asking for it" or not really meaning "no" that they feel shame when their bodies reacted that way even when they categorically did not want to have sex.

Most of the time, mental and physical attraction drive a body's physiological response around the sexual organs but not always.  Sometimes the right touch or pressure can trigger a response the same way touching the uvula can trigger a gag reflex even though very few actually want that. 

Rape can leave bruises.  It can also not leave bruises as freezing up when being violated is a common reaction. 

Bruises.  No bruises.  Using a dick.  Not using a dick.  It's all rape and it's all illegal.  It's the act and not how the victim reacted which defines the crime.  

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6