Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I wonder if they're going to leave Sarah's fate ambiguous. Will we see Kristen stuff her into the steamer trunk? Is the trunk's destination Chicago or the DiMera Island? It would absolutely suck if Kristen actually kills Sarah and stuffs her into the trunk. I hope she's just knocked out and comes back in a few weeks (if LG just needs a few week/months off). This whole storyline sucks and this is no way for a long-running character to be written off. 

It looks from the pics that Kristen stabs her with the syringe and then she gets in the trunk. I'm sure she will be shipped off to the stupid Island and we will apparently see her there next Monday. This is a horrible ending to the Xarah story (hope it is temporary) and it is made worse that Kristen is getting away with this as usual.

Is it a month yet? Shouldn't she be switching back with Susan? Ha ha

• Love 3
On 3/19/2021 at 8:40 PM, sweetautumn said:

TBH, Xander's so-called "redemption" was just as poorly handled as Ben and Kristen's; it was done in a snap of finger. Oh let's not forget how the changed Xander intended to keep Eric from finding out that he had a daughter, and how TPTBs twisted the fact to prop up Xarah. 

Hmm It's not Rex who doesn't deserve Sarah, it's actually Xander

That was not in the last year. Since the baby switch came out Xander has pretty much been a model citizen, Kristen not so much

Only Sarah can decide who 'deserves' her but she probably prefers the guy who treats her like a queen over the one who cheated on her twice

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Oooh, now that's intriguing! Why not?

Missy liked some things on her insta that Linsey (and the guy who plays Eli) both called her on very publicly on twitter. But as it has been noted here Missy never worked with either of them anyway. I think it is more likely LInsey needed a mental health break, she has been very vocal lately about having issues 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

That was not in the last year. Since the baby switch came out Xander has pretty much been a model citizen, Kristen not so much

Only Sarah can decide who 'deserves' her but she probably prefers the guy who treats her like a queen over the one who cheated on her twice

A redemption without going through the process or taking any effort is not redemption at all. In other word, the honor of model citizens has to be earned, just ask Jack. This was why I previously said Xander's "redemption" was poorly executed as Ben and Kristen's. 

LOL didn't Sarah cheat on Rex with his own brother and almost had sex with Eric when Xander walked in? Wait, maybe you are right, a serial-cheater and con-artist getting together, what a wonderful combination. 

Edited by Guest

I never understood why Sarah married Rex when she was in love with Eric. I know she said some crap about protecting Eric cause he was still in love with dead Nicole, but she was clearly not into Rex

• Love 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I never understood why Sarah married Rex when she was in love with Eric. I know she said some crap about protecting Eric cause he was still in love with dead Nicole, but she was clearly not into Rex

I thought it was Eric who wanted to be noble and step aside to not mess with Rex/Sarah because he didn't want to ruin their relationship like Brady/Nicole. 

As for Sarah's exit I don't get why they couldn't do one of the following

1) Summer is near death and Maggie called Sarah for help. I mean what good is having a doctor in the family if you aren't going to use them? Then if Sarah doesn't come back she could write a Dear Xander letter...

2)Sarah never got past Xander's role in the baby switch and realized she can't be with him anymore. That would make sense considering I thought it was absurd she forgave him as quickly as she did in the first place. So she leaves town and leaves it open ended for her to either return or stay MIA.

See? Very simple no lame masks etc. this isn't hard to write either.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

She could have signed up for some popular doctor education course and gotten in when someone cancelled, she could have been a guest lecturer at some med school for 3 months, she won some contest to manage a town for a month or two, etc.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

An obscure relative left her a chateau in France that she has to manage now with the help of a Hallmark hunk.

Didn’t Kristen own her castle in France? The one that Marlena pushed her out of a window?

• Love 1
On 3/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I thought it was Eric who wanted to be noble and step aside to not mess with Rex/Sarah because he didn't want to ruin their relationship like Brady/Nicole. 

As for Sarah's exit I don't get why they couldn't do one of the following

1) Summer is near death and Maggie called Sarah for help. I mean what good is having a doctor in the family if you aren't going to use them? Then if Sarah doesn't come back she could write a Dear Xander letter...

2)Sarah never got past Xander's role in the baby switch and realized she can't be with him anymore. That would make sense considering I thought it was absurd she forgave him as quickly as she did in the first place. So she leaves town and leaves it open ended for her to either return or stay MIA.

See? Very simple no lame masks etc. this isn't hard to write either.

Even though I love Xander and Sarah together, Ron rushed their reconciliation.   So many stories could have been written building towards them getting back together with lots of angst and setbacks.  Basically, he could have written a soap story like they used to do back in the day..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

I think As the World Turns  headwriter Douglas Marland  is one of the few soap writers in the past that used to have couples break up without it being overly dramatic while being very character-driven. Sometimes people grow apart and no longer want the same thing, hence they break up and that can be painful and filled with melodrama..  I wish we could have seen that with Xander and Sarah. Perhaps they do get back together and Sarah probably deludes herself into thinking that she did in fact forgive Xander for his past transgressions against her. However, in the end she realizes while she loves him with all of her heart but she just cannot get past his lies about her baby.  Sarah could have broken up with him on their wedding day and she leaves town.   The fallout of Sarah dumping him at the altar could have pushed Xander further into the dark side.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

from the looks of these spoilers Kristen is never going back to jail. Is Susan just going to serve her sentence for her and never tell anybody who she is?

It certainly looks that way. It's so stupid that Susan is just sitting in prison and hasn't told anyone about the switch or that dumbass Brady hasn't gone to visit her (though I know he's finally going soon). Even when he does visit, I don't think he has enough brain cells to realize that is not Kristen. This whole switcheroo was so that Kristen could keep an eye on Brady and Chloe. Instead, she's destroyed Sarah & Xander's relationship, shipped Sarah off to a secluded island, is going to mess with Lumi and blackmail them into keeping her secret, and I'm sure she'll find someone else's life to destroy. This woman is on a rampage and this all better end with her going off to prison (offscreen) for a long long time or with her death. I've had enough of Kristen DiMera.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

It certainly looks that way. It's so stupid that Susan is just sitting in prison and hasn't told anyone about the switch or that dumbass Brady hasn't gone to visit her (though I know he's finally going soon). Even when he does visit, I don't think he has enough brain cells to realize that is not Kristen. This whole switcheroo was so that Kristen could keep an eye on Brady and Chloe. Instead, she's destroyed Sarah & Xander's relationship, shipped Sarah off to a secluded island, is going to mess with Lumi and blackmail them into keeping her secret, and I'm sure she'll find someone else's life to destroy. This woman is on a rampage and this all better end with her going off to prison (offscreen) for a long long time or with her death. I've had enough of Kristen DiMera.

BUT SHE'S A MOTHER!

Spoiler

Nope, still not old as a joke (for me) but definitely old for the show.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 6

Doesn’t Susan Banks have a husband or boyfriend? Does she just go off for a few weeks without calling him or vice versa? Shouldn’t he be concerned that she hasn’t contacted him? Or does he see it as a reprieve from the screeching?

• LOL 3
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Doesn’t Susan Banks have a husband or boyfriend? Does she just go off for a few weeks without calling him or vice versa? Shouldn’t he be concerned that she hasn’t contacted him? Or does he see it as a reprieve from the screeching?

She has a boyfriend who is an Elvis impersonator and I think she had mentioned when she showed up in Salem that he was on some kind of tour.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I keep forgetting she is EJ's mother as she never mentions him or seems to give a damn that he is in a coma. Her whole being seems to revolve around Marlena. Kind of weird but so is she

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think As the World Turns  headwriter Douglas Marland  is one of the few soap writers in the past that used to have couples break up without it being overly dramatic while being very character-driven. Sometimes people grow apart and no longer want the same thing, hence they break up and that can be painful and filled with melodrama..  I wish we could have seen that with Xander and Sarah. Perhaps they do get back together and Sarah probably deludes herself into thinking that she did in fact forgive Xander for his past transgressions against her. However, in the end she realizes while she loves him with all of her heart but she just cannot get past his lies about her baby.  Sarah could have broken up with him on their wedding day and she leaves town.   The fallout of Sarah dumping him at the altar could have pushed Xander further into the dark side.  

This is so simple to write and doesn't cost much budget wise yet would provide more of a dramatic punch than what Sarah's actual exit was.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is so simple to write and doesn't cost much budget wise yet would provide more of a dramatic punch than what Sarah's actual exit was.

Ron lacks imagination and a writer should have that. All he had to do was look at the Xander/Sarah relationship that he wrote and use that to craft a character-driven story to break them up due to Lindsey's exit from the show.. If she ever comes back, he can revisit their relationship or go in a different direction for Sarah and Xander.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Ron lacks imagination and a writer should have that. All he had to do was look at the Xander/Sarah relationship that he wrote and use that to craft a character-driven story to break them up due to Lindsey's exit from the show.. If she ever comes back, he can revisit their relationship or go in a different direction for Sarah and Xander.

Ron's too busy trying to channel James Reilly with this Kristen/Susan bullshit to worry about character-driven stories. As if original JER wasn't awful enough.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I like a lot of these spoilers Kristen works so much better as a villain honestly.

She'd work even better as a permanent resident of the Dimera crypt.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Why is the death of Claire's boyfriend a nine month plotline...and the death of Laura Freaking Horton an "oopsie, nevermind, let's move on"?

Priorities, Show.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Stuff I got from reddit:

1. Thaoo says he is filming with an EJ recast starting April 8th. About time they did something. Maybe he will wonder where Mom is.

2. Scott Reeves says Missy is back to work. Gosh I did say I would go HMMM if that happened right after Linsey left. So Hmmmmmm

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Stuff I got from reddit:

1. Thaoo says he is filming with an EJ recast starting April 8th. About time they did something. Maybe he will wonder where Mom is.

2. Scott Reeves says Missy is back to work. Gosh I did say I would go HMMM if that happened right after Linsey left. So Hmmmmmm

Thaoo did  that podcast in Feb, so he was filming with nuEJ on Mar 8 so that should be around May sweeps.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Stuff I got from reddit:

Maybe she is missing working and a paycheque.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It always sounded like her absence was COVID related--perhaps related to people she lived with or was around.  Maybe those people she lived with got their vaccine.  Maybe she got a vaccine by virtue of knowing someone who knew which clinics might have overages at the end of the day.  TN right now is vaccinating all adults in some places in the state. 

I think the show expected Missy back, hence Cady's departure. 

One of the actresses who was vocal last year left but she wasn't the only one with critiques and they're still around.

• Love 4

I grew up with Missy but did really like Cady in the role. I just think it is funny that I said as soon as Linsey leaves Missy will return and it might be coming true. I have nothing against either actress, it is Scott who I think it a bit off, but he has not been on Days since he ran poor Nick the Pimp off the road

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

It always sounded like her absence was COVID related--perhaps related to people she lived with or was around.  Maybe those people she lived with got their vaccine.  Maybe she got a vaccine by virtue of knowing someone who knew which clinics might have overages at the end of the day.  TN right now is vaccinating all adults in some places in the state. 

I think the show expected Missy back, hence Cady's departure. 

One of the actresses who was vocal last year left but she wasn't the only one with critiques and they're still around.

Her father in law recently passed away and her grandsons were also born around that time so I think that also factors into it. 

Especially an actress that she doesn't even share scenes with plus others are around... 

Besides I could also see Cady popping up in the AMC reboot as Dixie. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is the death of Claire's boyfriend a nine month plotline...and the death of Laura Freaking Horton an "oopsie, nevermind, let's move on"?

Priorities, Show.

Ron is at the helm and he does not give a damn.. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Besides I could also see Cady popping up in the AMC reboot as Dixie. 

The reason Cady's not around likely has nothing to with the theoretical AMC reboot which is still in the planning stages, from what I can tell. The first season of the reboot is supposed to focus on the Kanes and the Santos family--Dixie wasn't a part of either of those. I'm not saying she would never make an appearance but I doubt it'll keep her busy.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The reason Cady's not around likely has nothing to with the theoretical AMC reboot which is still in the planning stages, from what I can tell. The first season of the reboot is supposed to focus on the Kanes and the Santos family--Dixie wasn't a part of either of those. I'm not saying she would never make an appearance but I doubt it'll keep her busy.

Well I did read Kim Delaney mention she'd be open to joining the reboot if asked and Jenny wasn't related to either family so if Tad's sister could return so could Dixie down the line. 

Although a part of me wonder if its Covid related I heard Jon Lindstrom isn't working as much on GH because of it.  Not sure how accurate it is.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well I did read Kim Delaney mention she'd be open to joining the reboot if asked and Jenny wasn't related to either family so if Tad's sister could return so could Dixie down the line. 

Being open to working on the show isn't the same thing as being scheduled to work on the show. 

But OK, I'll be meaner and more brutal regarding why I don't think Cady's time will be taken up with the reboot. Kim has one thing to offer that Cady doesn't have--a lot of work outside of soaps.  Ditto with LaRue, Ripa, Gellar, Consuelos, and Lucci.  Those are the actors I'd expect to see show up.  ABC isn't going to cast a prime time show with aging soap stars.  They'll connect new characters to old faves and those old faves will have a very small presence, if any at all,  save for someone like LaLuc.

Anyway, that's not really a spoiler so on the spoiler front, it will be kind of weird that all this stuff happened in Jack's life and Missy's Jennifer wasn't around for it.  I do miss the slighter comedic vibe she brought.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

At first it will be but MA's Jack wasn't around for the ONS with Laura. I kind of see it as the same thing. Or maybe if she returns they act like none of this ever happened which works for me tbh. I don't think making Gwen Jack's daughter has added anything to the show and unlike most of the other characters on this show who have retcon kids him having one is not nearly as absurd in general(this particular instance it is)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

At first it will be but MA's Jack wasn't around for the ONS with Laura. I kind of see it as the same thing. Or maybe if she returns they act like none of this ever happened which works for me tbh. I don't think making Gwen Jack's daughter has added anything to the show and unlike most of the other characters on this show who have retcon kids him having one is not nearly as absurd in general(this particular instance it is)

Gwen is just useless, but half the current cast falls into that category these days (pardon the pun!), so at least she isn't alone there.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gwen is just useless, but half the current cast falls into that category these days (pardon the pun!), so at least she isn't alone there.

I agree with this you could dump half the cast and I wouldn't notice tbh.