Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Is there another thread where we can discuss past characters and storylines? When I come here, I look forward to reading about things that are going to happen, not discussions about things that happened a LONG time ago. Maybe there could be another category? Just a thought. . .

There's a "Past Plots" thread, and a "What might have been" thread that would perhaps be a better fit.

• Love 6
On 1/12/2020 at 12:55 AM, Irlandesa said:

I mean I haven't taken a survey.  If anyone has been able to determine positive drag vs. negative drag of each particular character vis a vis their position in the show divorced from the writing and how other characters are performing at a particular point in time, I'd find that fascinating.

All I know is that, since I've been posting here, there was more positive talk about him once BB took over and they went all in with Gabi.  Was the story underdeveloped?  Sure but it's better than what she has with Eli (even though I think they're the youngest pairing with the best sexual chemistry).

I'm just positing that it's clear the producers feel that they can get positive traction from bringing him back.

I will only accept the return of this horrible retcon Provided they Un-DiMera him. 

On 1/12/2020 at 1:15 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes he was paired with Ava right? Then it went downhill when they put him back with Marlena because supposedly Jarlena fans were bothered by the whole thing.  I would've kept John the same but still reunite him with Marlena to see how she would deal with that but it wasn't going to happen.

Course I always preferred John's non Marlena pairings in general.

JohN And Kate were a pretty hot couple . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
On 1/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Brandon Barash is great and wished he played someone else and really his version of Stefan is someone else. Regardless every character has fans and detractors you aren't going to please everyone however I do think he's Gabi's best pairing by far she doesn't have to be defanged for him and vice versa. 

That being said I don't buy the characters in love but they play off each other well and are watchable when they aren't being sappy. Plus it contains them from characters I do like so there's that...

I'll take them over Cin but I think the one thing I'm worried about is whether the show can sustain them I mean Cin were quite buzzworthy and most of that buzz has faded. Then Stabi became buzzworthy I'm not sure if it will be the same upon his return.  This show has a way of ruining a good thing.

Barash should have played Max Brady . 

We are talking about past storylines probably because the current and future storylines are so awful.

Speaking of awful it really sucks for me at least that JJ's last remaining month on this show is going to be subjected to Lani and a lesser even more contrived extent Gabi. God forbid he actually has scenes with people I actually like. 

He cannot leave soon enough it will never get better for him(or any of my faves as I'm sure Hope will be reunite with Rafe once her PG phase ends)

• Love 3

We've moved numerous posts discussing the past to the past discussions thread.

It's hard to write guidelines for this but you should ask yourself these questions when bringing up the past:

• Is your talk of the past directly relevant to a spoiler?
  • Does the past behavior explain why a spoiler does or doesn't make sense?
  • Is your talk related to the past of a returning character who isn't relevant to current discussion and sudden talk of them in the current plots thread would make unspoilered posters suspicious?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then past discussion is relevant.  If the answer is no, then anything beyond a sentence or two belongs in the Past Plot Discussion thread. 

Discussion that goes too far off tangent may be removed.  If you want to deep dive, tell the thread that you're moving the discussion to the Past Plot Discussion thread and invite them to join you there. 

If you are not involved in the discussion and feel that it should move, use the report feature to notify the mods.  Do not tell other posters where to post. 

If you have any questions, PM @Door County Cherry and @scarynikki12.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

....um....so now they're going to fake Adrienne being alive to get Will and Maggie off the hook?

Justin'll love that.

Sounds an awful lot like the Prague and Hattie Hospital Swap stories, don't it?

Maybe Bonnie has Adrienne's memories. Brain chips are the in thing these days, right?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I will not be surprise to find out that Bonnie is really Adrienne who has been brainwashed into believing that she is Bonnie.  Ron loves his doppelganger stories. I am surprised he did not have Kayla's doppelganger come into town as well.   If Kim was in town, her alters would have emerged and cause mayhem..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Is that a real spoiler about Adrienne/Bonnie coming back to get Will released, or just speculation? 

The spoilers even before the time jump were that Bonnie was coming back, don't know if this particular story is true.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I will not be surprise to find out that Bonnie is really Adrienne who has been brainwashed into believing that she is Bonnie.  Ron loves his doppelganger stories. I am surprised he did not have Kayla's doppelganger come into town as well.   If Kim was in town, her alters would have emerged and cause mayhem..

Did Kayla have a doppleganger? If so when was this?

• Love 2

Monday, January 20th
Sonny tells Justin that Will signed divorce papers

Tuesday, January 21st
Saray opens up to Maggie
Tonny & Anna leave Salem
Victor makes a discovery about Xander

Wednesday, January 22nd
Kristen demands that Brady talk to her about the night they lost their baby

Thursday, January 23rd
Victor talks to Xander about everything he did to protect Maggie

Friday, January 24th
Ciara informs Will that he is innocent

More Spoilers
Kristen and Brady's baby dies

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Is that a real spoiler about Adrienne/Bonnie coming back to get Will released, or just speculation? 

It was in the preview commercial. Will’s at prison and has a visitor and it’s “Adrienne” aka Bonnie dressed up. I’m assuming that was Victor and Xander’s plan since it was spoiled previously they’d try to make things right and now they need to get Ciara to shut the fuck up. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

It was in the preview commercial. Will’s at prison and has a visitor and it’s “Adrienne” aka Bonnie dressed up. I’m assuming that was Victor and Xander’s plan since it was spoiled previously they’d try to make things right and now they need to get Ciara to shut the fuck up. 

I'm going to guess that's a dream/nightmare that Will's having. There were a couple spoiler photos that were supposedly for Monday's episode, but I'd guess these are actually for Friday:

JPI_Episode13763_0001846739-600x357.jpg

JPI_Episode13763_0001846738-600x357.jpg

I could be wrong, I just haven't seen any mention of Bonnie or Victor/Xander planning anything like that.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Did Kayla have a doppleganger? If so when was this?

I was referencing the Gideon and Emily story who were Stayla's double.  Steve and Kayla had moved into a house where Steve found a diary that chronicled the love story between Gideon a union soldier and Emily a southern belle who fell for each other during the civil war.  As Kayla read from the diary, we the viewers saw Marybeth and Stephen portray them. A really beautiful story and the actors sold it.

Ron could always have Emily's consciousness inserted into Kayla and voila Kayla as Emily would be confused about why she was living in the 21st century.

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Ron is a hack. How does Kristen who has done so much evil gets a baby and Sarah who has never done anything vile like Kristen loses hers.  Ron has to have a baby switch no matter what. 

I guess it's not enough that Show has been trying non-stop to make us love a serial killer, but now we're supposed to get all goosey because Ms. Homicidal Chock Full of Nuts has reproduced, too. 

Giving Kristen a baby is like asking Cruella de Ville to watch your puppy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

It’s fucked up Sarah’s and Xander’s baby died. She’s had enough heartbreak. Also fucked up CaveBrady and Kristen aren’t w their own child during her cancer battle. 

I guess all the scenes of Kristen hulking out and pushing and throwing shit are foreshadowing since she did that to Haley. Whatever.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

It’s fucked up Sarah’s and Xander’s baby died. She’s had enough heartbreak. Also fucked up CaveBrady and Kristen aren’t w their own child during her cancer battle. 

I guess all the scenes of Kristen hulking out and pushing and throwing shit are foreshadowing since she did that to Haley. Whatever.

Its Eric's kid but I get what you meant. 

Also it seems Haley died for nothing here and Melinda/JJ probably won't be around to deal with the baby switch etc either. 

• Love 3

Ron is a hack. How does Kristen who has done so much evil gets a baby and Sarah who has never done anything vile like Kristen loses hers

And ultimately the vile Kristen will get her child back and nice Sarah will lose Mickey. Nice.

now we're supposed to get all goosey because Ms. Homicidal Chock Full of Nuts has reproduced, too.

Right? I was busy trying to type something up about this but you said it much better than me. Cannot stand Kristen.

• Love 13

This show? SHIT.

A fucking psychopath gets a baby and Sarah gets screwed. Fuck you, Ron.

And I hate even wishing fake children dead. But if this is really the case, this kid should never have been born. Such bullshit. Just more proof that Ron can only write for criminals and psychos.

I've tried. I have. But I'm done. And it's not just words. I stopped when this hack decimated GH. And it looks like that time has rolled around again here.

• Love 16

Yeah I kind of think I might take a break soon too.  Unless there's another switcheroo of some kind, I hate that Kristen gets a baby. I feel like we're supposed to sympathize with her.  I know in the past something like this would be used to redeem a "hellion" but she goes well past hellion. Regarding the dads, Eric and Brady are about the same to me.  Not great but also not awful.

We're also supposed to see a serial killer as a romantic hero.

Two of this show's long time "heroes" are inhabited by villains.  Hope and Steve certainly have their flaws but they're not Stefano levels. 

They're going to trash another decentish character by making Maggie a killer of Adrienne.

There are other characters with shady pasts that I'm not mentioning but at least they're not actively winning at the expense of decent(ish) characters.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Ron is a hack. How does Kristen who has done so much evil gets a baby and Sarah who has never done anything vile like Kristen loses her glad .  Ron has to have a baby switch no matter what. 

AbSolutely sickening Indeed!!!! 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Also it seems Haley died for nothing here and Melinda/JJ probably won't be around to deal with the baby switch etc either. 

I know this is going to sound cruel but Haley was such a non-entity that her death being ultimately meaningless feels right to me. 

And how laughable is that both Victor and Xander are behind the coverup of Adrienne's death/ Will's being sent to prison and Kristin/Sarah's baby switch, like they are the only ones who could be this heartless.  And I guess we're now supposed to believe that Kristin's a heroine who deserves all the happiness in the world.  Yes, I believe that as much as I believe in Ben's redemption.

• Love 8

Will really should not sleep without a shirt on while in prison.   

Mickey is sick and having lots of tests done right now.  Wouldn’t they have already found out Sarah and Eric are not biologically her parents ? 

• Love 10
On 1/15/2020 at 1:31 PM, Pearson80 said:

Ron is a hack. How does Kristen who has done so much evil gets a baby and Sarah who has never done anything vile like Kristen loses hers.  Ron has to have a baby switch no matter what. 

My blood boiled reading those spoilers from that article. It's clear we're supposed to feel all this pathos for Kristen and want her to get her heart's desire because she's wanted a baby for ages. Fuck that crap! It's bad enough the article starts with talk of Brady bringing Kristen to John and Marlena's home! This bitch has terrorized John and Marlena for years and repeatedly tried to kill her and because he knocked her up, Brady thinks they should all just suck it up and deal with her. And then Eric, her rape victim, comes over and Brady takes him outside to have a talk with probably telling Eric to just let bygones be bygones with his rapist so Marlena and Kristen can have an "intimate" conversation. They better not be having some ridiculous heart to heart. 

It sucks that Brady gets yet another kid while Eric, a legacy character, still has no biological children to speak of and now they're killing off his kid so his rapist can get her miracle kid. It's like watching Once Upon A Time all over again. It's so frustrating that Eric and Sarah are dealing with this anguish thinking their child is dying of cancer and probably when they find out she's made it, they'll find out she's not even their kid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know this is going to sound cruel but Haley was such a non-entity that her death being ultimately meaningless feels right to me. 

And how laughable is that both Victor and Xander are behind the coverup of Adrienne's death/ Will's being sent to prison and Kristin/Sarah's baby switch, like they are the only ones who could be this heartless.  And I guess we're now supposed to believe that Kristin's a heroine who deserves all the happiness in the world.  Yes, I believe that as much as I believe in Ben's redemption.

That may be so but honestly I don't get why they couldn't just have her leave town. I mean she could've dumped JJ over his drug use or she met someone else and JJ went off the rails because of it. Hell I'd even take JJ/Haley leaving town together during the TJ because there's nothing left for him on this show anymore.

I just think killing her off was a lame plot device and honestly given how people comeback from the dead on this show not necessarily final.

Melinda loses her kid and we probably won't get a scene where she finds out. The DA who hated the Dimeras doesn't get to lash out at them over this. 

At least if she left town sure it would be anticlimatic but so has been this entire TJ

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
On 1/13/2020 at 6:15 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

We are talking about past storylines probably because the current and future storylines are so awful.

Speaking of awful it really sucks for me at least that JJ's last remaining month on this show is going to be subjected to Lani and a lesser even more contrived extent Gabi. God forbid he actually has scenes with people I actually like. 

He cannot leave soon enough it will never get better for him(or any of my faves as I'm sure Hope will be reunite with Rafe once her PG phase ends)

Yes too bad Gabi had to have scenes with JJ.  The self righteous pig is to hell with Gabi who saved me so I could save Lani.  She should have let him blow his brains out.

1 minute ago, bobcat1946 said:

Yes too bad Gabi had to have scenes with JJ.  The self righteous pig is to hell with Gabi who saved me so I could save Lani.  She should have let him blow his brains out.

Yes, JJ should let Gabi get away with murdering someone just because she saved his life once. What a selfish guy JJ is putting someone else's life over repaying some debt to Gabi for what she did for him. JJ acknowledges what Gabi did for him, but it doesn't mean he owes her undying loyalty no matter what heinous things she does.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

I wish she did because honestly the last couple years he's been stuck on emasculated nice guy loser status(with the brief reprieve of going off the rails and trying to kill Kristen that was nice while it lasted) death would've been a better option for him.

So what's the problem?

2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yes, JJ should let Gabi get away with murdering someone just because she saved his life once. What a selfish guy JJ is putting someone else's life over repaying some debt to Gabi for what she did for him. JJ acknowledges what Gabi did for him, but it doesn't mean he owes her undying loyalty no matter what heinous things she does.

For some reason Gabi fans (well the Gabi Stans) don't get this and most of them hate JJ to begin with so I don't get what the issue is if he doesn't care for her anymore.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish she did because honestly the last couple years he's been stuck on emasculated nice guy loser status(with the brief reprieve of going off the rails and trying to kill Kristen that was nice while it lasted) death would've been a better option for him.

So what's the problem?

For some reason Gabi fans (well the Gabi Stans) don't get this and most of them hate JJ to begin with so I don't get what the issue is if he doesn't care for her anymore.

Not me.  I always thought JJ was the best guy for my girl Gabi.  Broke my heart when he never understood her viewpoint from when his selfish sister framed her for murder.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

Not me.  I always thought JJ was the best guy for my girl Gabi.  Broke my heart when he never understood her viewpoint from when his selfish sister framed her for murder.

^^^Same! GabiXJJ was my OTP for a little bit once upon a time. And I still like him sorta.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

I despise Abigail but she is JJ's sister and not to mention Gabi put an unborn baby at risk as well.  So, JJ defending his sister was the natural thing for him to do.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Well I did say most Gabi fans don't like him and that's fine so why is it such a big deal if JJ doesn't care for a woman who gaslit his sister, booby trapped Julie's heart and nearly put his unborn niece at risk? I mean they don't like him after all.. wouldn't they want JJ/Gabi to not be friends anymore...

Regardless JJ isn't Eric(fortunately) he exhibits sibling loyalty and wouldn't get with someone who tried to hurt his sister. Father Eric can't say the same...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Regardless JJ isn't Eric(fortunately) he exhibits sibling loyalty and wouldn't get with someone who tried to hurt his sister. Father Eric can't say the same...

To be fair neither can Sami regarding EJ..

• Love 3
12 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Especially because best big sister Abs doesn't have the same loyalty to him.  I remember the episode Abs told him that Lani was sweet and a good woman and that her lying to him about being the father of her baby was done out of love.  If Abby was as loyal to JJ as JJ is to her, she'd never give Lani the time of day for hurting her brother.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Especially because best big sister Abs doesn't have the same loyalty to him.  I remember the episode Abs told him that Lani was sweet and a good woman and that her lying to him about being the father of her baby was done out of love.  If Abby was as loyal to JJ as JJ is to her, she'd never give Lani the time of day for hurting her brother.

Abigail was right about Lani's reasons for what she did. And unlike Gabi, Lani was actually sorry for the hurt she caused. It was a throwaway line in one episode, not some full-throated defense. Abigail and Lani are not friends and I don't believe have shared a scene together since her and JJ broke up so she's not exactly giving her the time of day. I don't remember JJ being up in arms over Abby's comment and given his current partnership with Lani and the clear fact he's forgiven her for what happened, I doubt he'd care if Lani and Abby did become friends.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Abigail was right about Lani's reasons for what she did. 

I can't get past this first line of revisionist history.  Lani lied to JJ about being her baby's father out of love?  Since when?  Lani lied to save her own skin because she and JJ got back together and she didn't want to admit to her one night stand with Eli, not out of some abiding love for JJ.   And I could see JJ being gracious and not ripping into Lani because he actually is a nice person--that doesn't mean he wasn't in deep emotional pain over the lie,

And Gabi's not going to apologize because she's not sorry for her actions--she's not sorry for getting revenge on Abby for framing her and she's not sorry for going after Lani for killing her husband.  Gabi is not someone I would want to know in real life  but I do enjoy watching her as a soap vixen, especially if she annoys characters I dislike (Lani, Abs, Chad).

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I can't get past this first line of revisionist history.  Lani lied to JJ about being her baby's father out of love?  Since when?  Lani lied to save her own skin because she and JJ got back together and she didn't want to admit to her one night stand with Eli, not out of some abiding love for JJ.   And I could see JJ being gracious and not ripping into Lani because he actually is a nice person--that doesn't mean he wasn't in deep emotional pain over the lie,

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it revisionist history. It's quite possible to have complicated motivations. Yes, Lani was selfish and didn't want to admit to her mistake, but yes, she did also love JJ and she didn't want to lose him. There was also the fact that he had just attempted suicide and was in a severely rocky emotional place and she was worried about that as well. Of course she was an idiot and should have just admitted to the ONS from the beginning but what she did is not something hugely unforgivable IMO. Yes, JJ was deeply hurt at the time. But not only is a he nice person but unlike Gabi and plenty of others on this show, he was mature enough to deal with his hurt and move on and forgive her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it revisionist history. It's quite possible to have complicated motivations. Yes, Lani was selfish and didn't want to admit to her mistake, but yes, she did also love JJ and she didn't want to lose him. There was also the fact that he had just attempted suicide and was in a severely rocky emotional place and she was worried about that as well. Of course she was an idiot and should have just admitted to the ONS from the beginning but what she did is not something hugely unforgivable IMO. Yes, JJ was deeply hurt at the time. But not only is a he nice person but unlike Gabi and plenty of others on this show, he was mature enough to deal with his hurt and move on and forgive her.

It is revisionist history if a storyline or character motivation is being changed after the initial story.  It was Abs who was trying to spin Lani's hurtful actions into some sort of loving action instead of the deliberate lie it was--there is nothing complicated about that.  And my lack of believing that Lani was upset or worried about JJ or her lie being exposed was Sal Sowers acting, or the lack there of.  I didn't see any remorse or guilt on her face--just her smiling about her pregnancy.

So Abs now trying to tell JJ that Lani's lie was actually a sweet gesture feels like gaslighting an already vulnerable person into believing something that isn't true.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7