Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

SOD confirms that Bill Horton dies on Monday February 17th and the Hortons gather on Tuesday February 18th to remember Bill, which causes Doug to remember his own past.

What utter nonsense . I  personally  think it should be Tommy Horton who dies. Afterall ,it would be difficult finding an 80 plus years old actor to cast as Tommy . Rather give this particular character some closure . Bill Horton ,who was born during the 1940s still got legs and plenty of story .

They should have cast James Read as Bill Horton . 

I always had hoped Bill and Marie would return and become the elderly patriach and matriach of House Horton and Tommy would one day get closure too.

Its appalling  to not have Mike ,Jeremy ,Laura, Marie, Lucas or Tommy or   around to mark the occasion.

This is so unnecessary. 

After witnessing that underwhelming memorial for Caroline ,I dread watching Bill's memorial. 

they barely got a budGet and yet this hack writer writes these storylines knowing full well they cannot really afford to bring back other characters for the memorial/funeral.

Yes ,Caroline's death was necessary because Peggy Mccay Died 

But Bill's death is hella stupid because he is roughly a couple of years younger than Marlena and Roman.  Still got plenty of stories to be told. 

tommy should have been the one who gets killed off. Its about time he got closure.

Plus the only characters thEy would have had to bring back would have been MArie and Sandy. It eouldnt have strained the budget. But with Bill ,we will have a situation where characters who are supposed to be at his memorial not showing up and viewers asking questions and that will make Bill's MeMorial underwhelming ,vapid and empty. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

The fuck?! We just got over Kate and Julie almost dying. Jen almost dying. JJ talking suicide for 2 episodes. Adrienne dying. Bristen baby dying. And Mickey at deaths door. Between all this death and almost death of liked legacy characters and currently a kiddie rapist and homophobe front burner this show is getting too dark for my liking. 

Doug just had some awesome AF material and performances recently which really showed how is kinda the heart left of the Horton family. When Julie was dying and everyone was railing in Gabi’s ear about donating (Eli, Kayla, and Lani)...Doug in an extreme example of grace and compassion said he knew she was suffering and didn’t expect her to donate Stefan’s heart and wouldn’t blame her if she didn’t. He showed so much love to her in that moment. It was so dignified and powerful. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Rafael said:

SOD confirms that Bill Horton dies on Monday February 17th and the Hortons gather on Tuesday February 18th to remember Bill, which causes Doug to remember his own past.

What utter nonsense . I  personally  think it should be Tommy Horton who dies. Afterall ,it would be difficult finding an 80 plus years old actor to cast as Tommy . Rather give this particular character some closure . Bill Horton ,who was born during the 1940s still got legs and plenty of story .

They should have cast James Read as Bill Horton . 

I always had hoped Bill and Marie would return and become the elderly patriach and matriach of House Horton and Tommy would one day get closure too.

Its appalling  to not have Mike ,Jeremy ,Laura, Marie, Lucas or Tommy or   around to mark the occasion.

This is so unnecessary. 

After witnessing that underwhelming memorial for Caroline ,I dread watching Bill's memorial. 

they barely got a budGet and yet this hack writer writes these storylines knowing full well they cannot really afford to bring back other characters for the memorial/funeral.

Yes ,Caroline's death was necessary because Peggy Mccay .

But Bill's death is hella stupid because he is roughly a couple of years younger than Marlena and Roman.  Still got plenty of stories to be told. 

tommy should have been the one who gets killed off. Its about time he got closure.

Plus the only character thry would have had to bring back would have been MArie and Sandy . 

Horton blood males don't matter on this show I don't get why this is so surprising.

That being said James Read would've made a good Bill Horton oh well.

Regardless his funeral will be offscreen which is fitting since Bill has been MIA for ages anyways sure his death should matter but I'm not really upset at this point if it doesn't because he's been a nonfactor for decades much like Roman. 

• Love 1

I always thought it was stupid for Bill not to be in town around the time Kate and Lucas came to town.  I think the reveal about Lucas being his son would have had more depth to it. Lucas being a Horton seemed to be something the writers tacked on at the last minute.. How will Bill's death impact the characters? since Mike, Lucas Melissa are no longer on the show.  So, I just don' care about his death because the show has never cared about him either..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

The "Stefano attacks Gabi" spoiler has me rolling my eyes--I could understand him wanting to get Abby because she (unintentionally) killed Andre but what has Gabi done?  Is it because she ran the company when it should have been an "actual" DiMera or is this because she tried to hurt Chad or is it for some other reason?  Color me confused. :)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The "Stefano attacks Gabi" spoiler has me rolling my eyes--I could understand him wanting to get Abby because she (unintentionally) killed Andre but what has Gabi done?  Is it because she ran the company when it should have been an "actual" DiMera or is this because she tried to hurt Chad or is it for some other reason?  Color me confused. 🙂

I assume it's because Gabi is even too evul for Stefano, too.  Even the Stefano App, apparently, has "standards". 

Or - my preferred explanation - he's fallen hard for Julie, his new Queen of the Frights and wants to be the one to control her heart.  

Romance, ya know?

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The "Stefano attacks Gabi" spoiler has me rolling my eyes--I could understand him wanting to get Abby because she (unintentionally) killed Andre but what has Gabi done?

Steal his company from his children, take over his house, alter his granddaughters paternity, drug Abby while she was pregnant with his grandchild. 

Stefano has his reasons, no love lost between him and Abby, but hurting Chad and his grandchildren  are different. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Steal his company from his children, take over his house, alter his granddaughters paternity, drug Abby while she was pregnant with his grandchild. 

Stefano has his reasons, no love lost between him and Abby, but hurting Chad and his grandchildren  are different. 

Well Chad claimed not to want DE when he haul freight and left town leaving it to the guy who raped his wife.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, boes said:

I assume it's because Gabi is even too evul for Stefano, too.  Even the Stefano App, apparently, has "standards". 

Or - my preferred explanation - he's fallen hard for Julie, his new Queen of the Frights and wants to be the one to control her heart.  

Romance, ya know?

Like the Titanic.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Horton blood males don't matter on this show I don't get why this is so surprising.

That being said James Read would've made a good Bill Horton oh well.

Regardless his funeral will be offscreen which is fitting since Bill has been MIA for ages anyways sure his death should matter but I'm not really upset at this point if it doesn't because he's been a nonfactor for decades much like Roman. 

It is absolutely stupid still. Tommy should have been the one killed off . If he is buried offscreen ,it is cool  ,no problem. So long as we get Marie and Sandy showing up in salem to inform Jen and co that Tommy died and the whoke gang can then go to Hawaii and bury Tommy Offscreen. This would have been simple to pull off . Plus Timmy would have to be atleast 85 years old and the actor who played Tommy died way back in 1993 . 

But no ,MoRon Carlivati selects Bil Horton. 

18 hours ago, Sidney said:

Oh, look at Ciara.Trying to save her serial killer boyfriend. Disgusting.

Ron is really doing a number on Gabi.

I am right behind saLem pd for a change. May they do us all a favour and gun dOwn this serial killer. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I always thought it was stupid for Bill not to be in town around the time Kate and Lucas came to town.  I think the reveal about Lucas being his son would have had more depth to it. Lucas being a Horton seemed to be something the writers tacked on at the last minute.. How will Bill's death impact the characters? since Mike, Lucas Melissa are no longer on the show.  So, I just don' care about his death because the show has never cared about him either..

Exactly. We did not even see Lucas and Bill coming to grips with beibg father and son . What a missed opportunity . 

Bill ,who has a rather bleak abd sorta dsrk past ,would have been the perfect patriach for the Hortons. He would have been making amends to his brother Mickey 's memory by looking after the Hortons ,making peace with  his own mistaKes aNd past And we could have seen him involved in Trying to guide his grandsons ,Jeremy and JJ to follow the right path and so on .  We could hace seen him scold Abby for claiming that she and Austin skept together ir when Abby rode and climbed MOunt EJ . 

There were so many stories where I thought Bill would have been useful at like JJ's suicide for instance. Or Bill trying to make amends with Mickey by trying to stop her from hooking up with greek mobster ,victor Kiriakis and perhaos sorta falling in love eith Maggie . I can just picture Julie abd her shrieking voice screaming at Bill for being obsessed with anything that has  to do with Mickey . For instance Bill dated Linda ,who was Mickey's mistress . He was also involved with Mickey's foster daughter ,Janice . Lets not forget the Mickey /Laura/Bill love triangle. Bill would acknowledge that he hurt Mickey alot and trying to get Maggie out of Victor's orbit will be his way of making amends to Mickey . 

Oh ,well lets waste James Read as Clyde instead of bringing back Savannah Wilder in Clyde's place by showing her to be the boss of her own crime syndicate taking on Victor and Stefano. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Oh ,well lets waste James Read as Clyde instead of bringing back Savannah Wilder in Clyde's place by showing her to be the boss of her own crime syndicate taking on Victor and Stefano. 

I loved Savannah. An awesome villainness with a wonderful story arch. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

For whomever asked why Abby is at the wedding...Eli is her relative. I know it's easy to forget, but...

She doesn't seem to be there for him at all though. She was helping Gabi get ready (apparently, we weren't shown it but it was said) and then she took Gabi's bouquet when they were doing the rings. It's coming off like she's Gabi's maid of honor, which is just so ludicrous but in a really funny way lol.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She doesn't seem to be there for him at all though. She was helping Gabi get ready (apparently, we weren't shown it but it was said) and then she took Gabi's bouquet when they were doing the rings. It's coming off like she's Gabi's maid of honor, which is just so ludicrous but in a really funny way lol.

LOL! Wild. But I guess when there's no budget, there's no family. Adding on, when characters get stuck into bubbles, they also have zero friends. So this is the result.

I really do miss when soaps cared about that stuff back in the soaps' heydays.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder if Gabi pushing the button is a fakeout.

They already posted on this page that it is. 

She pushes it out of anger at Lani and Julie pretends to have an episode then they reveal the pace maker was already swapped out or some shit. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Sidney said:

If those scenes aren't proof enough that Gabi needs some professional  help I don't know what could. 

They might as well just reveal that she has PTSD so everyone will have to forgive her like they did/do with Abigail and Ben. And plus for them, it will actually make sense!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Were Will and Sonny not at the wedding with Ari in tow?

You got a pretty crappy life when your own daughter isn't present at your wedding, and she's like 6 years old to boot.

I thought Gabi had a throw away line about Ari being sick which meant Sonny wasn't there.  Will is still in prison.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They might as well just reveal that she has PTSD so everyone will have to forgive her like they did/do with Abigail and Ben. And plus for them, it will actually make sense!

Gabi is not a Horton like Abigail and she is not banging a Horton like Ben is.  So she must pay big time,.  It must be nice to be a Horton woman,.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

Gabi is not a Horton like Abigail and she is not banging a Horton like Ben is.  So she must pay big time,.  It must be nice to be a Horton woman,.

Eli is a Horton so there goes that theory now if you were going to say its because Gabi isn't as white that would make more sense...

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I thought Gabi had a throw away line about Ari being sick... 

...sick of her mother's storylines, no doubt. When Gabi is in prison, Ari is all she talks about, but once she's free they never see each other.

....which is still somehow better than Will, who's been incarcerated for months and barely mentions Ari at all.

This show makes me mad, and now I barely watch it.

• Love 4
On 2/14/2020 at 5:45 AM, Sidney said:

Oh, look at Ciara.Trying to save her serial killer boyfriend. Disgusting.

Ron is really doing a number on Gabi.

Just imagine the number of people who have been destroyed by the writers to prop the Hortons for 55 years.

20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eli is a Horton so there goes that theory now if you were going to say its because Gabi isn't as white that would make more sense...

Eli is a Horton man and they are not made of gold like the Horton women,.

• Love 4

We have some early spoilers for the week of March 2nd:

In the story previews for next week, they tease that Maggie will remember her role in Adrienne's accident and that Gabi is going to be the match for Mackenzie. That's apparently how she'll avoid time in prison. I'll have scans later this week with all of the details.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think we can all predict what will happen with Ben. I'm expecting an exact replay of when many years ago Sami was set to be executed and Lucas stormed in with evidence to clear her just as she was strapped to the gurney.  Cut to now I fully expect Ciara to come racing in with evidence just as the needle is about to go in 🙄

• Love 7

In the scale of things of bad things a Dimera has done, Gabi's app is at the bottom of the list. Despite a year passing with the time jump, Julie was not living with the fear of her life thinking that she was going to die any minute. Meanwhile, there are two people currently running around who bodies have been kidnapped so other personalities could take over.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

What??? Gabi's the match?? And the child's parents (real and supposed) are not? Major eyeroll, Ron. 

Well this has happened in the past on Days when Austin was a match for Abby so its not out there my guess is this is to make Kristen/Gabi close

• Love 2