Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It is revisionist history if a storyline or character motivation is being changed after the initial story.  It was Abs who was trying to spin Lani's hurtful actions into some sort of loving action instead of the deliberate lie it was--there is nothing complicated about that.  And my lack of believing that Lani was upset or worried about JJ or her lie being exposed was Sal Sowers acting, or the lack there was.  I didn't see any remorse or guilt on her face--just her smiling about her pregnancy.

So Abs now trying to tell JJ that Lani's lie was actually a sweet gesture feels like gas-lighting an already vulnerable person into believing something this isn't true.

Characters like Sami and Nicole would be slaughtered when they did crap like lying about there babies paternity but lani does it and she's the town saint.I even think marlena got more crap for having an affair with John and when the truth about belle came out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Well damn.  Sarah does NOT deserve this.  
I can live with everything else but this is just a bridge too far for Sarah pain. 

And now watch the Baby die ANYWAY due to cancer.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Abigail was right about Lani's reasons for what she did. And unlike Gabi, Lani was actually sorry for the hurt she caused. It was a throwaway line in one episode, not some full-throated defense. Abigail and Lani are not friends and I don't believe have shared a scene together since her and JJ broke up so she's not exactly giving her the time of day. I don't remember JJ being up in arms over Abby's comment and given his current partnership with Lani and the clear fact he's forgiven her for what happened, I doubt he'd care if Lani and Abby did become friends.

He doesn't know about it but Petunia is right JJ has become such an emasculated nice guy loser now he'd be cool with it. Which is a vast departure from how he was at the beginning when he had no problem calling out Jennifer and Abby on a regular basis Jennifer with Daniel/Jack and Abby for being an idiot over Chad and to a lesser extent EJ/Ben.  There were things I didn't like about the Tomsell era but they really wrote the best version of JJ.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Characters like Sami and Nicole would be slaughtered when they did crap like lying about there babies paternity but lani does it and she's the town saint.I even think marlena got more crap for having an affair with John and when the truth about belle came out.

The show would have to care about Lani on some level beyond a token black girl if they wanted the town to hate her and they don't so...  

Sami hated what Marlena did and uses it everytime to justify the terrible things she does to everyone else  which is why its never forgotten but I don't recall anyone else hating her over it(well besides Roman obviously). 

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So Abs now trying to tell JJ that Lani's lie was actually a sweet gesture feels like gaslighting an already vulnerable person into believing something that isn't true.

Except she didn't tell him she was talking to Eli about this. It was Eli who brought up the paternity lie and conveniently ignoring the fact that he chose to go along with it so his relationship with Gabi wouldn't be ruined. Not really sure why Abby never brought that part up.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Well damn.  Sarah does NOT deserve this.  
I can live with everything else but this is just a bridge too far for Sarah pain. 

Who the hell wants to watch a baby die from cancer, fuck you Ron.  This is not entertainment.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Who the hell wants to watch a baby die from cancer, fuck you Ron.  This is not entertainment.  

I'm all for Bristen's kid being dead so it doesn't bother me as much but its just a cheap plot point that we're supposed to care about and it will fall flat because the show did a terrible job building up to this etc.

Much like the Baby David storyline also pointless.

• Love 3

Especially one with the same name and birth date as my granddaughter 😡

And what are the odds that this week will be pre-empted by coverage of the Senate's impeachment trial? This crew can't catch a break, lol. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I  doubt the baby will die tate will probably end up being a match and it's obvious this story is so the truth about the baby swap will come out.

Tate is only a half sibling unless they would retcon that as Bristen's kid which would bother me a lot less as I thought it was a bad idea to have Theresa stuck with a kid so soon. However, JL isn't returning to the show and if it went that route it would be pretty bad to have all this happen and Theresa isn't on screen to deal with it.  I say this as someone that loathes her existence.

That being said I could see the baby being killed off and Tate brought back to be raised by Brady/Kristen. 

Then again a half sibling could still be a match they did this on GH that's how we found out that Nikolas was Laura's kid with Stavros because he was a match for Lulu

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Especially one with the same name and birth date as my granddaughter 😡

And what are the odds that this week will be pre-empted by coverage of the Senate's impeachment trial? This crew can't catch a break, lol. 

At least Tuesday will be preempted on the East Coast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

They had forgotten to send out spoilers to the various outlets, but they just came through with stuff for the week of the 27th:

"Brandon Beemer returns as Shawn-Douglas Brady and has a theory about why his mother is acting strange. Will and Ciara debate whether or not they should come forward with the truth. Kate confronts Gina about her and Stefano’s plans for John and Marlena. Eric turns to someone for comfort."

https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2020/01/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-january-20-24-2020/

From DR:

Monday, January 27, 2020

Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Lani learns Eli and Gabi are getting married.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Anna, Tony, and John are shocked when "Steve" lashes out at Anna. 

Thursday, January 30, 2020
A guilt-ridden Kate makes a confession. 

Friday, January 31, 2020
Brady is thrown by Xander's urgent request.
"Steve" informs Marlena that John is dead!
Chad and Abigail make a startling discovery.

There is a show on Monday the 27th, they just decided against including one of the spoilers for that day (they usually do that when one or more spoilers for a day have already been released elsewhere). There should be more from soaps.com at some point here.

Edit - More from soaps.com (new stuff/confirmed dates only):

Days of our Lives spoilers for Monday January 27:

Brady and Kristen bond as they grieve over their daughter.

Shawn returns to Salem after a call from Rafe regarding Hope when Brandon Beemer returns to Days of our Lives.

Days of our Lives spoilers for Tuesday January 28:

John and “Steve” run into familiar faces as they search for Stefano.

Days of our Lives spoilers for Wednesday January 29:

Kate confronts Gina about her and Stefano’s plans for John and Marlena.

Days of our Lives spoilers for Thursday January 30:

Princess Gina tries to lure Marlena into a trap.

Their Friday spoilers contained the same stuff DR released.

And if they seriously write Will as thinking he needs to stay in prison for something he didn't do, so help me........ 🙄

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 4
On 1/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, tribeca said:

Mickey is sick and having lots of tests done right now.  Wouldn’t they have already found out Sarah and Eric are not biologically her parents ? 

It's not likely that a DNA test needed to be run for Mickey. So the only thing that could potentially show this is a blood type, but it's not at all unusual or surprising that Mickey has a blood type that is one that the combination of Sarah and Eric can produce. There are only a few blood types in existence, and certain ones are commoner than others, so the statistical odds of compatibility are decent.

I wonder if, down the road, this is a setup for a Sarah/Brady pairing. Xander's involvement in the baby switch will be the end of her and Xander, and she won't have a child tying her to Eric. I can see Nicole going back to Eric and a Sarah/Brady/Kristen triangle where he keeps letting Sarah see Mickey and it eventually turns into romance. Kristen implodes as usual.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Black Knight said:

It's not likely that a DNA test needed to be run for Mickey. So the only thing that could potentially show this is a blood type, but it's not at all unusual or surprising that Mickey has a blood type that is one that the combination of Sarah and Eric can produce. There are only a few blood types in existence, and certain ones are commoner than others, so the statistical odds of compatibility are decent.

I wonder if, down the road, this is a setup for a Sarah/Brady pairing. Xander's involvement in the baby switch will be the end of her and Xander, and she won't have a child tying her to Eric. I can see Nicole going back to Eric and a Sarah/Brady/Kristen triangle where he keeps letting Sarah see Mickey and it eventually turns into romance. Kristen implodes as usual.

Kristen should not have a baby, she is evil.. Ron is rewarding evil people while punishing decent people like Sara. I don't understand why he likes to tell stories where babies die. He did the same thing on one life to live.  

If you are going to tell a story where a baby dies or a young child dies, then it should have meaning.  BJ's death on General Hospital had meaning and reverberated on the show for years. BJ's death allowed her cousin Maxie to live. The same with Laura's death at the hands of a drunk driver on All My Children.  That story illustrated the dangers of drunk driving and little Laura also gave her organs to save another child.. Ron is just a hack..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Kristen should not have a baby, she is evil.. Ron is rewarding evil people while punishing decent people like Sara. I don't understand why he likes to tell stories where babies die. He did the same thing on one life to live.  

If you are going to tell a story where a baby dies or a young child dies, then it should have meaning.  BJ's death on General Hospital had meaning and reverberated on the show for years. BJ's death allowed her cousin Maxie to live. The same with Laura's death at the hands of a drunk driver on All My Children.  That story illustrated the dangers of drunk driving and little Laura also gave her organs to save another child.. Ron is just a hack..

Rewarding awful people on a soap isn't a Ron thing its been going on with Soaps for at least two decades. I mean EJ raped Sami and yet got to have two kids with her that's not even touching all the other terrible things he did to her family. That was more accepted by people probably because Sami is terrible herself. Brady at worst is an idiot. You also have an insta redemption with a serial killer who is rewarded getting his own love story and everyone being dumbed down to accept him.

List goes on.... Kristen is just another wretched example. 

I'm not opposed to kids dying if there are lasting consequences what you listed had lasting consequences. Cassie's death on Y&R had lasting consequences..

This won't have lasting consequences its just a cheap plot point to create stakes that never existed in the first place over babies the audience never had a reason to care about to begin with.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I mean, evil people have children. In real life. On soaps.

On Days, Stefano had 11 children (9 biological, 2 adopted). Kate has 6 children. Victor has a measly three children.

• Love 1

Rewarding awful people on a soap isn't a Ron thing its been going on with Soaps for at least two decades.

Yes. Soap writers seemed to mistake the whole anti-hero thing on night time tv to equal rewarding terrible characters. These writers have forgotten that soaps should be about bad characters doing bad things but ultimately heroes end up hero-ing. They think all characters must be gray and it's just dumb.

But Sarah losing her child to someone like Kristen? That is just beyond gross. I honestly don't know that I can keep going with this show.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

If you are going to tell a story where a baby dies or a young child dies, then it should have meaning.  BJ's death on General Hospital had meaning and reverberated on the show for years. BJ's death allowed her cousin Maxie to live

I agree with everything you wrote but this? IMO one of the greatest stories ever on soaps. I still get chills thinking of how beautifully written and acted that was. Claire Labine  was a goddess. Ron could never.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, nilyank said:

On Days, Stefano had 11 children (9 biological, 2 adopted). Kate has 6 children. Victor has a measly three children.

Yes but usually these characters don't have kids with people they victimized. I mean Kristen sexually assaulted Brady even though the show likes to gloss that over here. Yet I'm supposed to root for her kid to live etc. For me that makes this worse.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Yes. Soap writers seemed to mistake the whole anti-hero thing on night time tv to equal rewarding terrible characters. These writers have forgotten that soaps should be about bad characters doing bad things but ultimately heroes end up hero-ing. They think all characters must be gray and it's just dumb.

But Sarah losing her child to someone like Kristen? That is just beyond gross. I honestly don't know that I can keep going with this show.

Well it doesn't help when Luke Spencer, Jake McKinnon, Jack Devereaux etc became popular with the audience and had popular pairings to go with it. That was the beginning of the end but back then those things took years and other characters weren't told they were terrible for hating them(except Scott with Luke which I found absurd but whatever).

I find it much easier to accept Jake and Jack though because they weren't paired with their rape victims after the fact and spawned with them. They also fundamentally changed and managed to still be interesting despite not being that dark anymore.

The minute a character is redeemed on today's soap its downhill because its an insta redemption and everyone is forced to accept them and neutering the drama that should come with it. 

• Love 6

Well it doesn't help when Luke Spencer, Jake McKinnon, Jack Devereaux etc became popular with the audience and had popular pairings to go with it.

Fair point to be sure. Jake and Jack were redeemed but it took years. No one had to instantly accept them and plenty of other characters got to have their say. Luke long term wasn't redeemed, by the time the revisited Luke raped Laura he just got worse and worse.

But now we have Kristen who raped Eric and yet somehow Brady is ok with all that and has a child with her and she'll end up with Mickey?!? Ben the serial killer is in a romantic storyline with Bope's child?!? I mean isn't this the 2nd serial killer who Ron decided to hand wave his crimes - one here and one on GH?

I don't mind bad characters plotting and doing that stuff, it just used to be they had to pay for that plotting in some way.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

But Kate isn't evil.  It's just that every now and then, she has a REALLY, REALLY bad day.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Where is that written?

I'm sure it's not written anywhere but I think what the OP means is that at least it can end up to be an umbrella type story rather than one done only for shock value. The examples given BJ on GH for instance, affected many characters and storylines for years.

Here Kristen will get baby Mickey and then if the baby dies from cancer ... what's the point? Is that really pushing story forward in a meaningful way? I don't think so because all that will happen is we'll ping pong to yet another plot point.

• Love 9

I hate this baby switch story.  
I am not a fan of Kristin at all but now she has to go through the death of her child twice. 
Brady is kind of forgotten in this story but he will be going through this again once is heartbreaking enough. 

• Love 3

There's no spoiler that the Baby dies.  Just speculation that it would suck if she did.

I prefer semi-sane Kristen to violent and batshit crazy.  So if the baby is switched back, I want Kristen sane.  

My heart bleed for Xarah right now.

• Love 4
On 1/17/2020 at 5:35 PM, SueB said:

As I said upthread, I usually hate wishing even fictional babies dead, but since this is the spawn of Satan [Kristen], this kid should have never existed. I will NEVER root for a psycho to be happy.

Hear that, Ron?

• Love 9

Does anyone think Eric isn't going to turn to Sarah for comfort I mean maybe the show will surprise me and have it be someone else entirely but I can't think of anyone else it could be that he isn't related to.

Gabi perhaps? I'd say Lani but she seems hung up on Eli. I guess that would be a bit of a surprise and I wouldn't be opposed to it either.

• Love 3

I *just* understood that Xander has been saying he loves Kristen and Brady's baby for the last few months...and not Sarah and Eric's.

😶 Weird. I get that he's just coping with the cards he's been dealt....but that means he's grown attached to two kids this year, neither of which were his....

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

SOD Early edition for the week of Febuary 3rd

"Stefano" consoles Marlena

Nicole tells Eric the truth about Brady

Sarah declares her love to Xander

Will and Ciara fill in Ben

Source: SOD

So Sarah will tell Xander she loves him, the truth will come out about Mickey, then she will hate him and we'll have to put up with endless scenes of him trying to win her back?  Can't wait😴

Nicole and Eric are probably doomed, but at least we're apparently going to be spared the weepy Nicole apology tour.

• Love 3

83945741_484966542219862_798179234415011

83545791_484966852219831_175435963492519

83068336_484967058886477_554975351921862

Please remember that I just bring over the spoilers/spoiler pics and that I don't choose the stories, lmao:

For the week of February 3rd:

84057200_484966655553184_744903750546830

I think they might have forgotten to send spoilers to the outlets, since TV Source hasn't posted anything for February 3rd yet, but we'll see. I'll try to post next week's promo tomorrow afternoon.

• Love 5

Glad I quit watching, because I like the Sarah/Xander spoiler and, considering the shit around them, the rug would just be pulled out from under and they end. So...meh. But I'm glad that one of Bo and Hope's kids have smarts about them. YAY, Shawn!

And hey, if you could figure out Uncle Steve is also "off" (well, he and Kayla are splitsville for now, but I still consider Steve Shawn's uncle), even better!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Does anyone think Eric isn't going to turn to Sarah for comfort I mean maybe the show will surprise me and have it be someone else entirely but I can't think of anyone else it could be that he isn't related to.

Gabi perhaps? I'd say Lani but she seems hung up on Eli. I guess that would be a bit of a surprise and I wouldn't be opposed to it either.

There are spoiler pics of Eric and Sarah making out on a bed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2