Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Horrified said:

Not sure if I've missed an explanation, but what is that logo-'d, camouflage Hummer or whatever David Poor is driving?  I know it must belong to Chris/Chris' business - but what is it promoting and why is it so hideous?

Check out the dedicated thread for David and Annie.  There's info there, and links to awesome pictures of David "at work."  

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I'm 99% sure that Sharp Entertainment is not at all interested in "very intelligent people" or the things they say.  

p.s. I think you'll find that most of the forums on PTV are better than the actual shows.  Especially garbage reality shows. 

The snark is what I live for!

After all, they’d hav3 to compensate most of us for coming up with more interesting scenarios than the dreck that passes for entertainment.  Either that, or they read this board and think we all need another hobby.

• Love 3

I am already going through withdrawls when this show is over. Lying in bed at 333Am I thought of this

Lets play a game!

Santa is getting ready and needs to know what to bring NIcole and Azan for Christmas!

List 5 things they should each get

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Steady, full time jobs are not necessarily easily found by everyone in this economy.

Amen.  My husband never had problems finding work in the past, but when his job of 11 years left him go under shady circumstances in July, it's been a real struggle.  Unless you want to work part time, or for minimum wage, or want to be a 1099 employee, good jobs don't exist in our area anymore.  People say "Just go work in a factory until you find something better".  Most want someone with experience.  He applied at a local peanut factory - they told him he was over-qualified (and he doesn't have a college degree).  The local warehousing operations want someone with three years experience.  I lost track of the amount of places that he interviewed, and they told him they were interested, and then blew him off every time he followed-up.  Unemployment runs out in one month.  Because the job market is "so good", there's no possibility of an extension.  The good news is he has a job, but the bad news is he can't start until we get some stuff done, and we're relying on the government to get it done.  Needless to say, I'm nervous.

• Love 10
On 12/3/2017 at 7:08 PM, Godfrey said:

I'm very late to this party, so my apologies if this has been covered, but why is Annie getting a sobriety commitment only until the wedding? David has a serious drinking problem and it won't get all better after he says "I do".

He won't make the time left before the wedding.  An alcoholic can't go 2 days without a drink.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:29 AM, Neurochick said:

I have a question about strangers abusing children:  Isn't it more likely that a child will wind up being abused by a family member or a "friend" of a family member than a total stranger?  

You are correct in general.  That's why Stranger Danger safety teaching does not work.  Family members and friends can lure a child away.  Bringing a stranger into your home increases the odds of abuse/sexual abuse tenfold.  At the point you bring someone into your home that person is now a "friend".

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

He won't make the time left before the wedding.  An alcoholic can't go 2 days without a drink.

Not necessarily.  Binge drinkers (which he may be - not sure) can go months and not touch a drop, then go hog wild for days on end.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Amen.  My husband never had problems finding work in the past, but when his job of 11 years left him go under shady circumstances in July, it's been a real struggle.  Unless you want to work part time, or for minimum wage, or want to be a 1099 employee, good jobs don't exist in our area anymore.  People say "Just go work in a factory until you find something better".  Most want someone with experience.  He applied at a local peanut factory - they told him he was over-qualified (and he doesn't have a college degree).  The local warehousing operations want someone with three years experience.  I lost track of the amount of places that he interviewed, and they told him they were interested, and then blew him off every time he followed-up.  Unemployment runs out in one month.  Because the job market is "so good", there's no possibility of an extension.  The good news is he has a job, but the bad news is he can't start until we get some stuff done, and we're relying on the government to get it done.  Needless to say, I'm nervous.

You're absolutely right.  It's not as easy as some people think.  When someone close to me lost their job due to health issues, I was shocked to find out unemployment lasted 12 weeks.  Everyone that I knew was shocked, too.  People don't pay attention to things until it hits home.  I realized benefits should have been scaled back from where they were during the depression, but that's not very long and it's really difficult to get them going.  It can be really difficult to find work, but the difference I see in your husband's situation is that he was actually trying.  He wasn't sitting around eating french fries and saying, "It's HAAARRRDDD!" while others support his children.  He also wasn't traipsing off to Morocco to find a hottie.  Nicole just puts her needs above all others and can't understand why the rest of the world doesn't do the same.  I don't know it for a fact, but from what I've seen from her, I really doubt she has tried to find better employment or improve her skills so that she can improve both her life and May's life.  She's young and there are programs that would help her gain skills and education while helping with child care, but it is HAAARRDD.

BTW I did want to add that I'm glad your husband found work and I hope things improve for you.  Kudos to him!!

• Love 4

Nicole has buggered off for 2 extended trips to Morocco in the last year. We know this one was 3 months, how long was the first one? 

Does anyone believe she is such a stellar employee that Starbucks is holding her job for her?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Santa is getting ready and needs to know what to bring NIcole and Azan for Christmas!

The first things that popped into my head, I think Nicole needs a "99 Ways to Cook a Sheep's Head" cookbook and Azan could use a copy of Mohammed's best seller "How to Extend Ramadan Indefinitely" 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I am already going through withdrawls when this show is over. Lying in bed at 333Am I thought of this

Lets play a game!

Nicole

1. A treadmill

2.  A cap with a pole attached to the bill with a string and a french fry attached to the string (for use with the treadmill)

3. A pallet of french fries

4. Audiobook version of "How to Win Friends and Influence People", unless she already has it

Azan

1.  An air mattress 

2.  A tent, for when he has to move the air mattress even further away, like to the yard or parking lot

3.  More Justin Beiber style diaper pants (not sure if other people have noticed this or not)

4.  A drum of hair gel or hair spray

and finally

#5 for both Nicole and Azan - 2 tickets to the Thunder from Down Under male revue

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Normades said:

You're absolutely right.  It's not as easy as some people think.  When someone close to me lost their job due to health issues, I was shocked to find out unemployment lasted 12 weeks.  Everyone that I knew was shocked, too.  People don't pay attention to things until it hits home.  I realized benefits should have been scaled back from where they were during the depression, but that's not very long and it's really difficult to get them going.  It can be really difficult to find work, but the difference I see in your husband's situation is that he was actually trying.  He wasn't sitting around eating french fries and saying, "It's HAAARRRDDD!" while others support his children.  He also wasn't traipsing off to Morocco to find a hottie.  Nicole just puts her needs above all others and can't understand why the rest of the world doesn't do the same.  I don't know it for a fact, but from what I've seen from her, I really doubt she has tried to find better employment or improve her skills so that she can improve both her life and May's life.  She's young and there are programs that would help her gain skills and education while helping with child care, but it is HAAARRDD.

BTW I did want to add that I'm glad your husband found work and I hope things improve for you.  Kudos to him!!

It's 26 weeks here - 6 months.  He is changing careers (he doesn't have any desire to go back to the industry he worked in before for reasons I don't want to go in to, but they're justified) and he needs to go to school for one week - just one week - and we applied TWO MONTHS AGO to a State agency to help pay for it. We're still waiting.  We have one month before our money runs out.  The place that offered him a job is patiently waiting.  I just e-mailed them again this morning because he really needs to start Monday.  No reply as of yet.  I may end up paying for it myself (I don't have the money, but he could take out a student loan, and alternately my parents offered to help but I'd have to pay them back, obviously), but the hope was that if someone else would help - especially a State agency designed to help workers get back to work), it would be nice.  The other thing we're waiting on is a Federal background clearance because the job will involve him handling materials that could be used for nefarious purposes, but that one just takes time, and we've been told it's an average of 2 weeks to get clearance, so we should be OK there.  It's so close that I can taste it, but it's just out of reach, and I'm getting very anxious.  To make matters worse, someone where I work just hit my car, and tried to beg it off as "Oh, it's not bad".  I just got off the phone with my insurance company.  I fear she may hot have insurance - she didn't offer it.

• Love 5

Steady, full time jobs are not necessarily easily found by everyone in this economy.

That is true at certain levels. However, my sister does minimum wage low-level staffing. At the level of employment that Nicole would be seeking, there are jobs, as long as you have no criminal record and can pass a drug test. I don't believe for a minute that Nicole is seriously searching for a better job. She is more interested in finding ways to go to Morocco for 6 weeks. And she apparently had time to call Azan 700 times a day and get him fired from his job. I'm betting Mommy and Daddy supplement her income, and Nicole has no motivation to stand on her own two feet.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Unemployment runs out in one month.  Because the job market is "so good", there's no possibility of an extension.

Those of us in the oil patch know that better than just about anyone.  We’re entering the 4 th year of this oil slump. No federal extension for us.  We get a good job market when rest of economy is in the crapper for everyone else it seems.

Nicole is far too lazy to have the self determination to survive any bump in her life.  Being a single mother, poorly educated, and not really skilled gives her several strikes against her before she even starts.

It doesn’t mean she has to stay where she is economically, but losing weight means more money in her pocketbook if she doesn’t have to manage diabetes or other health problems and she won’t have to settle for crummy wages because size discrimination is real. She will have to work hard to overcome her circumstances, but until she learns how to be a NICE human being, she won’t get far. 

• Love 6
On 12/12/2017 at 4:13 PM, balisticnikki said:

Appropriate. (Remember, she had to show him that it was long enough to cover her genitals and butt cheeks?)

OK, I may be older but in my book, covering those areas is always appropriate and should go without saying.  I was in Vegas a few years ago and every 18-22 year old girl I saw there I kept thinking, "That's not a dress, that's a TOP!"

• Love 3
9 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Lets play a game!

Nicole: french fries, gastric bypass surgery, a parenting class, Farsi lessons,, and a full-time job.

Azan: a new phone number,  a ticket to a Moroccan speed-dating event, a bunch of money for his family, new clothes that don't have holes in them, and a goat's head dinner.

• Love 5
On 12/14/2017 at 2:47 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

His daughter hit the nail on the head. He basically wants a slave who will clean his house, s*ck his d*ck for free and cook him Thai food.

Annie probably expected this to be the deal with Deadbeat Dave...though I doubt she thought she'd have to clean a gigantic fire house. And if not for Sugar Daddy, she'd be sweeping and dusting their cardboard box.

• Love 1

1000seggs.jpeg.bef7c45d9ebf033783790838d38284a9.jpeg

Whaaaaaat??? Last I checked, I made one a month or so.

Why is this woman pushing them to IVF when they haven't even tried yet? Why is Aika's fertility even an issue when 50% of the equation is not even available? As said the last thread- 100k to even think about conceiving a child (plus a 2 karat ring) is absurd when Josh has no teeth. 

Poor Annie! Bet you thought you were going to do better than your village in Thailand, huh? David has the same body as my 75 year old auntie who has had seven children. I don't blame his daughter's reaction one stinking bit. I know others here disagree and have similar experiences. My folks were married for 42 years when my mom died. My dad and I are like chalk and cheese but I still worried terribly about him and had him come and stay with me for a bit. He hooked up with my insane downstairs neighbor and they are married now and live up the street from me. He's tried to shove the relationship down everyone's throat and has torn the family apart. I cringed when I watched how painful it was for David's daughter. Yeah, she was volatile, but that is exactly how I feel.

And again this week, Evelyn is the voice of reason. Whaaaaaat?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, jpagan05 said:

Whaaaaaat??? Last I checked, I made one a month or so.

Technically women are born with all the eggs they're ever going to have and don't produce a single egg after birth-- though they do lose a thousand or so eggs per month. 

Either way it's not a thousand eggs per day like this quacky doc told Aika.  Scare tactics. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Technically women are born with all the eggs they're ever going to have and don't produce a single egg after birth-- though they do lose a thousand or so eggs per month. 

Either way it's not a thousand eggs per day like this quacky doc told Aika.  Scare tactics. 

Actually, some of the latest research suggests that women do continue to produce eggs after they are born (the two studies I can think of off the top of my head were a few years ago in a genetics journal, and last year at a science talk in Helsinki, I believe). With that said, I believe the current data suggest that we lose them quicker than we make them - but still no where near thousands/day. Lady is a quack and ignoring that 50% of the genetic material needed is completely unavailable, no matter how many eggs Aika has! She could be the world's most fertile Myrtle, and it wouldn't help.

• Love 6

I remember reading in the literature that my fertility doctor gave me was that females loose 10-12 thousand eggs per month before puberty, then between 1000-2000 per month and that by age 30, women have lost approximately 80-90% of their eggs, and that the rate of egg lose goes up in the mid 30s. They say that less than 1% will ever be ovulated, something like 450 in total out of the millions a women is born with, and only a small portion of those are viable to begin with. I've never heard the thousands per day loss as Aika's doctor said, but I know loss does increase with age, which is obviously how menopause comes about. One thing I didn't know until I saw a fertility doctor/reproductive endocrinologist, was that many pregnancies end in miscarriage before the woman even knows she is pregnant, the rate is HIGH, something like 30-50%!! There are literally dozens of factors which need to occur for a pregnancy to occur and be successful. As far as Aika goes, having been through what I went through, I know why the doc suggested IVF and that's only partially because of Aika's age, a lot of it has everything to do with Josh, but they just didn't show that part on camera, probably for TV drama purposes.  

Aika's eggs are not young, but she still has them and her system is healthy as the doctor pointed out. With IVF, Aika's the embryos are frozen, which means that they will be made from "36 year old eggs" instead of 37, 38, year old eggs. So, suppose they extract Josh's sperm (shudder...why??), instead of trying for a vasectomy reversal (low success rate), IVF can be tried several times as long as Aika's reproductive system (uterus, its lining, etc...) remains healthy. She could be 40, but the embryos are from a 36 year old. Artificial insemination has very low success rates in women over 35, something like 10%, and meanwhile, Aika's eggs are getting older, less viable etc and those costs add up over several attempts. She could take Clomid, but even wit that it could take several cycles of AI to achieve pregnancy, and that's no guarantee. Also, AI will only work for them if Josh has a successful vasectomy reversal, and the odds of that are low. None of that is much of a factor here if they are going to extract Josh's sperm though and they will have no choice but to undergo IVF because aspirated sperm is not the same as mature, ejaculated sperm and AI won't work at all with extracted sperm. 

Again, I feel for Aika here, but man, she could have chosen a better donor/father. Yikes. And now I need a shower since I wrote the words, "Josh's sperm," because, eww...

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Again, I feel for Aika here, but man, she could have chosen a better donor/father. Yikes. And now I need a shower since I wrote the words, "Josh's sperm," because, eww...

I agree.  If having a baby NOW was SO important to Aika than why oh why did she hitch her wagon to a horse that shoots blanks??  What, you mean there weren't any other gross American guys who weren't vasectomized available to her to on the internets? 

• Love 12

Josh's true character was revealed when he said, after the doctor visit, "I thought this was going to be about MY stuff but the doc said, hey, go away, you're fine; let's talk about her." (I'm paraphrasing)... but you could see the relief in his face as if he thought, "whew, I don't have to try to reverse this thing because her eggs are lousy and it's HER FAULT and yay!!! I'm off the hook!"  The coffee shop conversation ("f*** you!!! f**** you!") showed how each of them truly believed that the other was totally the problem.  Aika was saying how the doctor told her she was "fine" and Josh pretty much disregarded the fact that his sperm have no way of getting near an egg and rather disingenuously implied, "aww, sorry you can't have a baby."  The two deserve each other.

As much as I hope that Molly truly did make Luis pack and haul ass back to the DR, I'm afraid it was all a show.  She was embarrassingly losing it by the minute while he sat there smirking and laughing. It was upsetting to watch for me- the gaslighting was so intense; his total disdain for her, her family and anything but the ability to sponge off of a well-to-do American were disgusting.

• Love 3
On 12/10/2017 at 4:28 PM, balisticnikki said:

Except it's not theirs & only temporary. Would any self-respecting person actually stay there knowing what disharmony it was causing in their friends' marriage? I'd be out as soon as i deposited my 3rd paycheck. No way would i overstay my welcome any longer. I'd get save all of that ^^^ (which i love) for my own spot.

But David Pour is not a self-respecting person.

The firehouse is as temporary as Nikki forcing her husband to evict them.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

The first things that popped into my head, I think Nicole needs a "99 Ways to Cook a Sheep's Head" cookbook and Azan could use a copy of Mohammed's best seller "How to Extend Ramadan Indefinitely" 

Azan needs body armor, ear plugs, and a special leash to put on Nicole to stop her from cheating.

Nicole needs a french fry maker, a new more comfortable bed for napping, and a Nicole to English interpreter.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Nicole: french fries, gastric bypass surgery, a parenting class, Farsi lessons,, and a full-time job.

Azan: a new phone number,  a ticket to a Moroccan speed-dating event, a bunch of money for his family, new clothes that don't have holes in them, and a goat's head dinner.

Why Farsi? is she going to search for a new man on IranCupid.com?

But yeah all the rest, LOL!!!

• LOL 1

Nicole needs:

1. To be served with "Termination of Parental Rights" paperwork ASAP!

2. To have the phrase "I just want to talk" stricken from her vocabulary forever. 

3. To lose her craving of the bags and bags of Donette Donuts she has placed on the shelf above her bed in FL.

4. To receive an upgrade of her IQ so that she can have the ability to obtain a decent paying job.

5. To gain enough self-awareness and pride so as to avoid wearing tank tops in public and jeans that look like they could take a stroll all by themselves without her actually wearing them.

Azan needs:

1. To go enter the Moroccon version of the Witness Protection Program so as to avoid Nicole forevermore. 

2. To be rewarded monetarily for his ability to remain calm when being assaulted by the shape shifter called Nicole. 

3. To find a job as a trainer in a reputable establishment where his talents will be appreciated.

4. To find true love in his home country where he can live happily ever after near his kind aunt.

5. To be blessed one day with a child(ren) who will rightfully call him "Daddy" and who, being raised properly, won't keep him up all night crying for food or the tablet. 

• Love 11
On 12/15/2017 at 1:08 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Those of us in the oil patch know that better than just about anyone.  We’re entering the 4 th year of this oil slump. No federal extension for us.  We get a good job market when rest of economy is in the crapper for everyone else it seems.

*waving hand*  Husband is unemployed over here, too.  We have hope for the new year.  In the meantime, Merry Fucking Christmas.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

*waving hand*  Husband is unemployed over here, too.  We have hope for the new year.  In the meantime, Merry Fucking Christmas.

Am hoping for a better year for us all. Husband will be out of work nearly 4 years.  I’ve been unemployed or had unsteady work since 2015.  I sat out thus year after a Stage 4 cancer diagnosis.  Harvey laid about 20% of Texas’ 254 counties to waste, and hubs’ native Puerto Rico  was devastated. This year has sucked big green donkey balls, but I’m thankful to still be able to be beating the odds. Hoping I will feel well enough to get some work going once I get my strength back. After nearly 8 months of being bedridden, it’s been a lot tougher than I imagined.

I e never seen so many obstacles to finding work as we have now. Used to be, you could walk into any business and say you wanted a job or call someone who was a friend of a friend and get a way Inst least to an interview. Now, you are told to apply online and nobody ever contacts you, and they complain they can’t find qualified help. I know engineers who couldn’t get a job at Starbucks, Home Depot, or local grocery store chains.

I totally feel for ya, and everyone else dealing with this. 2017 has been a rough year for too many people, particularly for those in Puerto Rico who still don’t have reliable water or power.  

So back to our couples. Sorry, Drogo, I got sidetracked. Only 2 more episodes left of this shit show.  I’m already going through withdrawal symptoms! Of course, we all know the outcome of the couples if we’ve been peeping online. Personally, I have really enjoyed the snark and community here.  Does anyone know when the next crop of couples is coming?

• Love 12
11 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Azan needs body armor, ear plugs, and a special leash to put on Nicole to stop her from cheating.

I wonder what keeps Nicole from not obsessing or stalking any of her extra pre marital trysts?  She seem like the type to think one of those men she supposedly rolled around with once is really in to her.  It certainly would be easier than trying to import someone.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Nicole is the town ho?  She just cant be attracting handsome, young bachelor's.  I thought about this when it was said she cheated twice...not once.  Who would she be cheating with?

And what’s more, WHO would own up to shagging her?

• Love 2

I think Nicole' s cameos are showing her a bit more rational and well spoken- but yes she loses  that quickly and easily.

One thing I don't recall reading here (And apologies because I am not searching) but does Azan ping anyone else's gaydar? I don't sense it strongly but there is something there continuously to me.....

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mayvenne said:

One thing I don't recall reading here (And apologies because I am not searching) but does Azan ping anyone else's gaydar? I don't sense it strongly but there is something there continuously to me.....

You’re certainly not the first to speculate on this and he pings mine also, but his behavior might just indicate how repulsive Nicole is to him. 

17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Nicole is the town ho?  She just cant be attracting handsome, young bachelor's.  I thought about this when it was said she cheated twice...not once.  Who would she be cheating with?

I'm betting many in her city are close to her size. She is still young and somewhat cute. It doesn't take much to attract men for sex.

• Love 4

Molly, on some level, you know that you should not get married. 

David, the crocodile tears will only work for so long. Annie, drive back to LA. Chris would probably fly you home. David is not likely to change.

Aika, why are you wasting your time on Josh.

Ricardo, you do have Evil-yn’s number.

• Love 22

I have to give David Spain a little credit. I don't like either one, but he did stand up for Evelyn and insist his weasel friend shows respect to his future wife. 

David Poor bringing up Annie's past...hmm, wonder what on earth he could be referring to ?

I'm becoming an Andrei fan. I really like how straight forward yet polite he is to Libby's family. 

Apparently Josh has his mother swindled. 

• Love 21