Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Make Out, Make Up

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

If there are no kids. I give Lyme a pass cuz of her children. I would Like too,  for the same reason. 

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

It is so they go back to the same names their children have. 

I don't understand why the importance of having the same last name as your children after a divorce if you didn't have the same name during the marriage, like Yolanda. It's ok to be a Foster and not have the same last name as her children but now it's important to be a Hadid (again) like them? Especially if those children are grown.

I was shocked when my MIL didn't take her new husband's name. He was her 3rd and she kept her 2nd's name and her children were by her 1st. My friend's mother also kept her 1st husband's name even though her children were grown as well and she had been divorced for years. I didn't take my ex's name and I told him the kids get your name, I'm keeping mine. I feel that if a woman has a career and established a name for herself then it might be in her best interest to keep it.  I find it slightly annoying when an actress gets married and changes her name...repeatedly. I'm looking at you Pam Anderson, Pam Lee Courtney Cox, Courtney Cox-Arquette and then back to Courtney Cox Rebecca Romijn Meredith Baxter etc.....Actresses in the "old days" kept their names through multiple marriages.  What happens when a hypen name marries a hypen name? 

Back to the show: I found drunken , sexually aggressive Sonja more disturbing than funny. 

Any ID watcher knows how easy it is for someone to hurt themselves with a knife while stabbing so I wasn't that shocked drunk Dorinda hurt herself. Glad she was ok though. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Her hair also looked the best in Mexico.

Ramona should take a cue. After Luann made that comment last season about B's hair looking like hers, it's now straight and darker :) But it looks super cute.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I thought the same. It must have been something major, she already forgave him for the Regency makeout session. The only thing I could think of is that he doesn't have any real money and perhaps was trying to convince her to sell the Hamptons home for capital.

Tom is really like the Count. He dumped her ass a month before her book release - and that just tanked before it got to the stores.

Now with Tom, he totally screwed her business ventures following the "newlywed" "romantic" theme.

No wonder she is supposedly coming out with a new song.

Maybe she can write a Divorcing The Commoner Etiquette book

i find it odd that the day after they showed the clip where he un mics she announces the divorce.  i don't think she knew that happened

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

i find it odd that the day after they showed the clip where he un mics she announces the divorce.  i don't think she knew that happened

No true. They all get the remaining episodes about a week before they film the reunion and they filmed it a couple of weeks ago. So, she has known for a few weeks but she may have decided to get some more facts before filing.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Actresses in the "old days" kept their names through multiple marriages.  

Most of them weren't even using their birth names! Ha, but I agree, Susan Sarandon and Demi Moore are good examples of established actresses that kept their first married name as their professional names.

• Love 7

"She'd have to wait 48 hrs after removal before swimming, the gym or the like as it (for that period) is considered a portal of entry for an infection"

I'm fairly confident the risk of infection extends way beyond 48 hours when it comes to entering Sonja's portals.

• Love 19

I think what really set Bethanny off was the "Thanks for the Skinney Girl day." Her divorce went on for awhile because (among a gazillion other reasons), Jason wanted spousal support and claimed that part of the expenses he enjoyed while married were regular vacations. Bethanney however claimed that they never vacationed and it was all for business. She fought him hard on that. So basically, she never takes vacations unless she can combine it with business and do a tax write-off. And Dorinda called her out on it. 

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I think what really set Bethanny off was the "Thanks for the Skinney Girl day." Her divorce went on for awhile because (among a gazillion other reasons), Jason wanted spousal support and claimed that part of the expenses he enjoyed while married were regular vacations. Bethanney however claimed that they never vacationed and it was all for business. She fought him hard on that. So basically, she never takes vacations unless she can combine it with business and do a tax write-off. And Dorinda called her out on it. 

I also think that Bethenny really does believe that all the other HWs are jealous of her because if the shoe was on the other foot, Bethenny would resent their accomplishments. 

• Love 23
7 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Whoa... Luann just announced via twitter that she and Tom are divorcing.  That ended even soon than I expected!  

We will get to see all the I told you sos. They'll start filming in the next couple of months right?

Ramona and Sonia will be going to town on this.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yep, I do this as well.  My husband is from a very small town in southern Illinois, about an hour away from St. Louis.  When we go visit I just always say I'm going to St. Louis, or outside St. Louis, just because it's easier and doesn't need any explanation.  But of course, STL is no PB or WPB so no one really gives a shit, hahaha.

You're not trying to fool anyone. And they aren't visiting, Luanne and Tom  have (had) a home in West Palm Beach and Luanne was trying to make it sound like she wintered in Palm Beach, meaning they went to their home in Palm Beach in the winter. Everyone knew what she was up to, but it took tinsley to finally say it.  

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I posted about that earlier. I asked if it was a tax write off. She stated "Business trip" many times if only to accentuate that tidbit (prn for future reference) 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This has always been Lu's problem. Manners are so everyone feels comfortable. So insisting that the driver call her Mrs. de Lesseps, she should have been calling him Mr. Surname and not Mike or whatever his first name was.

It was "I could spend not that much. You know 500, 600, or 700 on a dress and put together something cute."

Tinsley's dresses look like they are in the 300-500 dollar range. Alice & Olivia, Tory birch, Kate Spade, etc look to be her style.  Expensive, yes, but more middle of the road Connecticut mom style than NYC fashion plate. Bethany and Carole have the more expensive, fashion forward styles.

and Luanne discussing how one should address  the help was gross.  I thought she had improved and stopped her act of being a high society lady straight out of the Downton Abbey years but maybe not.  

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Really? I thought Dorinda gave her dismissive "Thanks for the Skinnygirl day" after her second walk off. I might be wrong. For me, I was really annoyed when Dorinda reappeared with no memory of the earlier argument or cutting her hand. Bethenny says she's "done with this" and I felt it too. Dorinda was too drunk and ready to restart a fight that she couldn't remember having in the first place. That shit would have driven me bonkers.

I also feel about the wives getting ready on vacation the way I feel about the queens on Drag Race-- if you haven't figured out how to get ready in the time allotted to you, then you probably shouldn't be here. If you can't figure out a half decent 20 minute face and slap on a wig, then tell everyone to start the meal without you.

6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I also think that Bethenny really does believe that all the other HWs are jealous of her because if the shoe was on the other foot, Bethenny would resent their accomplishments. 

At the same time, I agree with you. I don't think she starts every argument this way. But when whatever they are arguing over stops making sense, she goes right back to jealousy.

• Love 3

No true. They all get the remaining episodes about a week before they film the reunion and they filmed it a couple of weeks ago. So, she has known for a few weeks but she may have decided to get some more facts before filing.

that's interesting.  i didn't realize that.  i was basing my thoughts on what beth said last night on wwhl.  she said she didn't know carole didn't catch the fish until she watched the episode.  i assumed (you know what that makes me) she got the episode last week.

have you heard anything re the reunion?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

At the same time, I agree with you. I don't think she starts every argument this way. But when whatever they are arguing over stops making sense, she goes right back to jealousy.

When the argument stops making sense to her because she refuses to listen to any criticism made about her. As soon as someone points out her flaws, that means they are "jealous of her"! Bethenny feels she can point out their flaws but only she is allowed to point out her own flaws. LOL

4 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

that's interesting.  i didn't realize that.  i was basing my thoughts on what beth said last night on wwhl.  she said she didn't know carole didn't catch the fish until she watched the episode.  i assumed (you know what that makes me) she got the episode last week.

have you heard anything re the reunion?

I haven't heard anything about the reunion yet. As for Bethenny's comment, she didn't say when she saw the episode, just that she saw it, so it was misleading in a way unless you knew that they got the unseen episodes before the reunion. LOL

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I don't understand why the importance of having the same last name as your children after a divorce if you didn't have the same name during the marriage, like Yolanda. It's ok to be a Foster and not have the same last name as her children but now it's important to be a Hadid (again) like them? Especially if those children are grown.

I was shocked when my MIL didn't take her new husband's name. He was her 3rd and she kept her 2nd's name and her children were by her 1st. My friend's mother also kept her 1st husband's name even though her children were grown as well and she had been divorced for years. I didn't take my ex's name and I told him the kids get your name, I'm keeping mine. I feel that if a woman has a career and established a name for herself then it might be in her best interest to keep it.  I find it slightly annoying when an actress gets married and changes her name...repeatedly. I'm looking at you Pam Anderson, Pam Lee Courtney Cox, Courtney Cox-Arquette and then back to Courtney Cox Rebecca Romijn Meredith Baxter etc.....Actresses in the "old days" kept their names through multiple marriages.  What happens when a hypen name marries a hypen name? 

Back to the show: I found drunken , sexually aggressive Sonja more disturbing than funny. 

Any ID watcher knows how easy it is for someone to hurt themselves with a knife while stabbing so I wasn't that shocked drunk Dorinda hurt herself. Glad she was ok though. 

You have me there about the name. My son is 10 and I have a hyphenated name as it is. So it isn't exactly his,  but he likes that it is the same. He'd be hurt,  at this age,  if I changed it. What I'd really like to do is go back to my un hyphenated maiden name. 

I go by my maiden name professionally.

Sonja  was so creepy,  with the romantic kissing and caressing of Bethany's ass. Eww. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Heck yea! I don't think any of them are that jealous of her, I think she was being really rigid and uptight and Dorinda called her on it and then Bethanny said she was jealous. I didn't follow that logic. If the ladies dont like her it's because she's so super mean to them. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Let's not forget that Ramona showed herself to be deeply jealous of B,  starting  with her resentment at B getting her college paid for and going to good primary schools. There was a lot of baggage she unleashed.  

I think after she saw how hated Bethany with her mean girl attitude last year that she thought she could take Bethany down this season.  But B learned from her mistakes,  and I think she is in a better place so she's more palatable this year. 

I don't think Dorinda is actually jealous though. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10

On a trivial side note.  I noticed in the editing when Beth was in the pool with Ro:  The scene with Doris putting Beth's bathing suit had already happened.  But then they have a clip of So and Carole 'reacting' to Beth and Ro and So is still naked in the towel.  This stuff just bugs me.  'Fake' story telling.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Let's not forget that Ramona showed herself to be deeply jealous of B,  starting  with her resentment at B getting her college paid for and going to good primary schools. There was a lot of baggage she unleashed.  

I think after she saw how hated Bethany with her mean girl attitude was last year that she thought she could take Bethany down this season.  But B learned from her mistakes,  and I think she is in a better place so she's more palatable this year. 

I don't think Dorinda is actually jealous though. 

I can see Ramona being jealous of Bethenny's start but not at her SKG business success, Ramona already had her own successful business years before Bethenny did. The same with Dorinda and I don't see Luann being jealous about anything with Bethenny.........BUT, I can see Sonja being jealous that Bethenny has her own money, real money but not jealous about Bethenny's business (Sonja doesn't want to have to work for her money, even taking care of an ill husband is too much work for Sonja)! LOL

4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

On a trivial side note.  I noticed in the editing when Beth was in the pool with Ro:  The scene with Doris putting Beth's bathing suit had already happened.  But then they have a clip of So and Carole 'reacting' to Beth and Ro and So is still naked in the towel.  This stuff just bugs me.  'Fake' story telling.

I don't think it is fake story telling, just really bad/lazy editing. LOL

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

My fav story regarding name changes involves my hubby's cousin. She was not married to the father of her first child, and gave her daughter her own maiden name (rather than the bio dad's name) as she was one of three girls, and wanted her father to have someone to carry on the family name. A few years later she met a guy who would become her first husband. She convinced him to change his last name to her maiden name so that she, he and her daughter would all have the same last name. They went on to have two kids together who also have her maiden name as their surname. They ended up  divorcing  and Cheryl went on to marry husband number two. And take his name. So now she and hubby number two have his last name, and her three kids have her maiden name. Why she didn't insist on keeping her maiden name (which was so important to her with hubby number one, and that she have the same name as her kids) with hubby two is beyond me. Did I mention that she is also an idiot, and the black sheep of the family? 

I was surprised that Lu seemed so relaxed on the Mexico trip, seeing as she has claimed that TomCat could not cheat on her as they are always together. Either he really did have her fooled (still) to think he was her rose, or she knew he was her thorn and thought "WTH, I am going to enjoy myself". Babysitting TomCat must have been exhausting. 

• Love 7

There is a part of Bethenny that she fails to see.  She uses the show and it is her right as a springboard for other opportunities.  She takes over the franchise-every meal, every event and then does not attend others' events.  This is very reminiscent of Season 3 when Bethenny had scored her own spin off.  Here we are seven years later and Bethenny has scored her own spin off.  They do the annual trip and it becomes Bethenny's trip and she is bossy and sets up rules and a few rather pretentious scenes looking for must see TV.   I realize these women aren't governed by labor laws but I always think about the fact they spent a good portion of the day at Souza's, came home and yes they were drinking and swimming until dusk, then it kind of seemed they were on their own and Bethenny does one more scene with the bitching about dinner.  I thought Dorinda was well within her rights to ask that Bethenny tone it down.  As far as the Skinnygirl comment, that is the Dorinda we have seen all season, she loses interest when it is about someone else.  I don't think the other women are jealous per se as much as they are tired of being constantly in Bethenny's never ending Skinnygirl commercial and exposed to her high strung personality. 

I  cannot stand to start a meal or a social event with someone bitching about something or two parties fighting, be it someone else being late, the service in a restaurant, fouled up reservations.  It does not make for a good meal experience.  Continually mentioning how drunk Dorinda was just didn't bear fruit for me.  Dorinda was very logical.  Dorinda telling Bethenny everything does not need to be perfect is no different than Bethenny channeling Elsa and "Let It Go," which she has done a time or two.   Bethenny expecting and Dorinda apologizing was unnecessary.

• Love 12

This season, and these Mexico episodes in particular, have been EVERYTHING. Best season ever. It's everything OC wants to be but isn't. I couldn't put my finger on why until tonight. It's the humor. It's the ability these women have to laugh at themselves and each other. Can I think of a single funny thing anybody on OC has said or done lately (or really, ever, if I'm being honest)? 

I love this season alone for giving me the expression 'Grabby Twat'. Wish I had occasion to use this in conversation. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Picked the wrong guy, gave him the wrong finger. 

{{handsonlap}} Who's hungry?

speak for yourself! 

giphy.gif

ooooh yalll?  the reunion is bout to be LIT. 

Bless you and dear Debbie for this.

10 hours ago, Ki-in said:

That's sad. I always root for love. But she deserved better.

My bitchy side's first thought was g-damn!!!they already wrapped up the reunion!!!!!

Don't root for love too much, root for ratings!  

On a serious, no snark note - Luann appeared (to me) to have it together.  She always looked pulled together, no visible plastic surgery or fake hair, a great figure and good taste.  There are single men her age that will date their age as she found it Tom, but that guy was affair material, not husband.  That's why I thought it was all for ratings. She didn't need to marry a slimy, short, bald guy with a tiny apartment without a view.  It was all beneath her.  She lived better when she was solo.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

We don't have to debate, opinions and all that.  Rib cage poking through skin just doesn't look healthy to me. My standard of beauty leans more toward athletic/curvy.

But it doesn't automatically mean an eating disorder. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

What amazes me about Dorinda, Lu, Moaner and Sonja is how they can drink so incredibly much and function the next day.  They are not young women.  I haven't had that much to drink since I was in college drinking grain alcohol punch at frat parties.  And, even then I was disabled for days.

Adderall is a hell of a drug.

I actually don't think Lu uses it, and I'd guess Dorinda actually has ADD -- she exhibits a lot of spacey behavior, and combining stimulants with alcohol -- would explain all the emotional yo-yoing.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

But it doesn't automatically mean an eating disorder. 

Um, hasn't Bethany confirmed she suffered from an eating disorder? I wasn't chiming in on her bulimia jaw, you can check the boards for that. 

Bitch doesn't look healthy. She's all bones and hard angles.  Not sure if it's from the hyster, estrogen shortage or what. During the PETA shoot her body was banging.

Now, not so much. 

• Love 5

Yes,  Dorinda was drunk, but I'd be annoyed at Beth too.  Dorinda and Tinsley walk in and Beth starts screeching and waving her arms.  I don't like people screaming at me,  especially if I have a good buzz going. 

Dorinda while drunk and slurring she was right Beth needs to relax. 

Sonja wearing Beth's swimsuit omg!! While I found it  hilarious, I'm so embarrassed for her. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, imjagain said:

Yes,  Dorinda was drunk, but I'd be annoyed at Beth too.  Dorinda and Tinsley walk in and Beth starts screeching and waving her arms.  I don't like people screaming at me,  especially if I have a good buzz going. 

Dorinda while drunk and slurring she was right Beth needs to relax. 

Bethenny was already screeching about everyone being late as they were walking out. Dorinda was drunk and slurry, but trying to get Bethenny to calm down by reminding Bethenny that they were all on vacation and heads into the you don't have to be perfect stuff. They sit down. Bethenny is fairly quiet for her. Bethenny turns to Dorinda and accuses her of putting on an act. That sets Dorinda off. She starts speaking Dorindish and waving her arms. Bethenny and Tinsley get up wave their arms too, dance around, and make fun of Dorinda. They sit down. Dorinda is agitated, still making her point, and doing something with her knife. She cuts her hand and tells the others. They go to the kitchen, clean the wound, bandage it, and send her back to her room. Boom. Carole walks in.

Maybe Dorinda is right and Bethenny needs to relax. However, maybe Bethenny knows that she's the type of person who gets hangry and the way production structures the meals doesn't allow her to do more than just snack, which she may or may not like for various reasons. I know I have a window where I'm hungry and I can eat. If I miss that window, I'm not hungry anymore. However as I get closer to my next hungry window, I'll be ravenous and will eat like triple my normal calories.

I have some sympathy for Bethenny in this situation. She's obviously quite regimented in how she eats, which may include time. She's been drinking and filming all day. She's tired, wants to eat, bathe, and go to sleep. Perhaps this impacts her differently than everyone else.

Production clearly has some rule about them eating together or officially saying they aren't coming to dinner. I suspect because production doesn't want to push filming too late as one group after another finally decides they are hungry. They film 12 hours a day and they want to maximize the amount of good footage that they get when they film. Say Bethenny eats alone at 8pm. You've got a crew on and filming and you've got nothing good from her. By 9:30, Carole and Dorinda finally have gotten their shit together to eat. Maybe you get something good from them. Tinsley joins them at 10pm. Ramona joins at 10:20pm. Dorinda wanders off to bed. Carole stays up for awhile with Ramona and Tinsley. Carole is in bed around 11pm. A little after 11pm, Sonja and Lu wake up want something to eat. Tinsley is heading to bed. Ramona, Sonja, Lu hang out until they are done eating at around 12:30am. If your crew is working 9am - 9pm, then you've had to pay them for 3 and a half hours of overtime. Or from 10am to 10pm, 2 and a half hours of overtime. The crew and filming is the biggest expense. You can't let your cast blow your budget and have no decent footage, which is why I think there is a "rule" about separate meals.

5 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Um, hasn't Bethany confirmed she suffered from an eating disorder? I wasn't chiming in on her bulimia jaw, you can check the boards for that. 

Bitch doesn't look healthy. She's all bones and hard angles.  Not sure if it's from the hyster, estrogen shortage or what. During the PETA shoot her body was banging.

Now, not so much. 

I believe Bethenny has gotten skinnier. In her defense, the PETA shoot was 6 years ago. We do lose elastin in the skin and some subcutaneous fat as we age. Bethenny has worked to stay thin, but she's at the age where she could stand to add a couple of pounds to help her through menopause.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Now, not so much. 

I was more replying to the supposition that just because you see somebody's ribs that automatically means they have an eating disorder. I think she has talked in the past about having a bad relationship with food and did a lot of extreme dieting but there is a difference between having an eating disorder and having a poor relationship with food and exercise. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

When the argument stops making sense to her because she refuses to listen to any criticism made about her. As soon as someone points out her flaws, that means they are "jealous of her"! Bethenny feels she can point out their flaws but only she is allowed to point out her own flaws. LOL

I haven't heard anything about the reunion yet. As for Bethenny's comment, she didn't say when she saw the episode, just that she saw it, so it was misleading in a way unless you knew that they got the unseen episodes before the reunion. LOL

That was the thing...Dorinda (imo) wasn't trying to fight with or start an argument with Bethenny, it started with her trying to tell her to calm down and chill a bit instead of screaming at everyone for being late to dinner on vacation, on a day designated to be a relaxing unstructured day.  She commented on how much energy Beth puts into being a superhuman, and how much more fun she is when she relaxes and stops worrying about being so super all the time.  I didn't see any maliciousness in her comments.  imo, it was Beth that turned it into an fight by mocking Dorinda and not listening to what she was saying, only hearing what she wanted to hear ("oh, here it comes,.." as if she were waiting for the perceived jealousy to come out)

Dorinda is a sloppy, messy, spit-speaking drunk, that's for sure (wouldn't we all be after that much tequila?), but I don't think she was trying to start a fight.  Her drunken delivery is never interpreted the way she means it to be, and tends to result in unnecessary arguments (Heather and entering the restaurant, Heather and the mfin'g language debate,... this debacle) -probably mainly because no one can understand Dorindish, or maybe laughing while dodging the wild arm movements distracts from being able to concentrate on what she's saying.

• Love 13

I came on here ready to share my thoughts on the episode and saw mentions of divorce and so I googled it to find out that Luann and Tom have filed for divorce...the odds were against them from the start but they I thought they would have lasted a bit longer than they did. On the bright side...she made it further than Kim Kardashian did with Kris Humphries, lol. I'm sure Ramona and Sonja are going to have a field day with this one. In Bethenny's recent appearance on WWHL, she was asked about Luann and Tom and she refrained from answering. She said that once Luann shut down her concerns in Miami she took that as the cue to just back off on their relationship but I wonder if she had any suspicion that things were definitely heading in that direction. I don't think Luann would confide in any of those girls (except maybe Dorinda) but people talk so things could have gotten back to the other girls. Anyways, enough about that - I think most thought this was more inevitable than a happily ever after.

Seeing Sonja drunk was absolutely embarrassing. Aside from a few instances on the trip, Ramona has behaved herself, surprisingly. Carole and Luann were drama free and just enjoying their vacation. Bethenny wanted to fight with all the blondes and Dorinda had me laughing at her drunk slurring speech until she managed to stab herself in the hand. I also laughed at drunk Tinsley at dinner and when everyone was slamming their knives on the table and Tinsley tried to do it, Bethenny got serious real quick and told her to put the knife down, lol.

It's been a long time since I've seen one of the original franchises have a more laid back and fun season rather than caught up in some serious and dark drama. I feel like the season has gone by quickly - can't believe the season finale is next week already. Given that the reunion was already taped before Luann officially announced filing for divorce, I wonder what tune she'll be singing at the reunion when they no doubt bring up her relationship with Tom.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

That was the thing...Dorinda (imo) wasn't trying to fight with or start an argument with Bethenny, it started with her trying to tell her to calm down and chill a bit instead of screaming at everyone for being late to dinner on vacation, on a day designated to be a relaxing unstructured day.  She commented on how much energy Beth puts into being a superhuman, and how much more fun she is when she relaxes and stops worrying about being so super all the time.  I didn't see any maliciousness in her comments.  imo, it was Beth that turned it into an fight by mocking Dorinda and not listening to what she was saying, only hearing what she wanted to hear ("oh, here it comes,.." as if she were waiting for the perceived jealousy to come out)

Dorinda is a sloppy, messy, spit-speaking drunk, that's for sure (wouldn't we all be after that much tequila?), but I don't think she was trying to start a fight.  Her drunken delivery is never interpreted the way she means it to be, and tends to result in unnecessary arguments (Heather and entering the restaurant, Heather and the mfin'g language debate,... this debacle) -probably mainly because no one can understand Dorindish, or maybe laughing while dodging the wild arm movements distracts from being able to concentrate on what she's saying.

I agree that Dorinda wasn't coming from a malicious place but I also get Bethenny's frustrations with the women. For the most part, they managed to be on time to fly in a helicopter, drink tequila, go out to the restaurant but when dinner is being served right in the comfort of the home they're staying in, they manage to be hours late. Sometimes a girl just wants to eat and would like people to show up on time so she can eat dinner at a respectable hour, lol. That said, Bethenny knew that Dorinda was drunk - you could tell the moment she opened her mouth and the words came falling out. Bethenny could have been more considerate to pay attention to the big picture of Dorinda's comments rather than get offended so quickly at Dorinda basically saying that there's no real pressure for Bethenny to be perfect all of the time. It's okay to go with the flow and not always have the answers.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Am I the only one who thought Dorinda didn't mean it maliciously. She said thanks for the SkinnyGirl Day because they went to the factory because it was part of B's business and B wanted to take them to show off her business side (though it came off as more tourist than business. However, they had SG hardhats, napkins etc). It was in drunk Dorinda's mind a SkinnyGirl Day and she said it when she was trying to leave

• Love 8
1 hour ago, snowblossom2 said:

Am I the only one who thought Dorinda didn't mean it maliciously. She said thanks for the SkinnyGirl Day because they went to the factory because it was part of B's business and B wanted to take them to show off her business side (though it came off as more tourist than business. However, they had SG hardhats, napkins etc). It was in drunk Dorinda's mind a SkinnyGirl Day and she said it when she was trying to leave

I think Dorinda was suffering from PVTSD = Post Vagina Traumatic Stress Disorder. Bethenny yelling at her to get to dinner - like who the hell wants to eat after the poor thing had to cover Sonja's snatch

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 13

And this episode ladies and gentlemen, proves why this franchise is far better than any of the others. The scene in particular that made it apparent was the one where they were all lounging around together on the sofas outside. They were all so physically close to each other, laughing, joking, and yes, trying to stop Sonja from satisfying her horny desires on anyone who happened along. I have always thought that body language is a big indicator. And you can just see that these ladies have such a different relationship than exists between any other group in any other city. I know they are not all technically "friends", but for the most part co-workers, but I guess I would call it more of a fondness that exists for each other. I also love the way they eventually just move the fuck on. I loved Lu being in on the fun at the end of the episode when she said that Tom was her rose. She laughed right along with the rest of them when they gave her shit. Because they have this whole background and have been open and honest about how they feel about certain things and have reached the comfortable point where they can laugh about things that in the past were hurtful or mean. 

There are so many different groups that can assemble and feel real, vs. the usual mix of three on one side and three on the other. That is one of my favorite things about the season. I can see why the press when they were filming was that Bravo was freaked because there was so little drama, because except for an occasional issue here and there, we didn't see much drama. We saw folks mostly enjoying spending time together. 

This is the first time I can remember where I could not easily imagine how the seating might break down at the reunion. It seems like Carole and Lu in particular could be on either couch because it's not clear what "group" they would fall into. Is the seating chart available yet? 

• Love 23

I'll be the low fat cheese that stands alone. Aside from hating her skinny guts and thinking her ass is kind of flat and the boobs really wrong, I think Bethenny's body is so good. 

She's appears healthy to me - eats clean, exercises a lot, is so fricking flexible.  But I understand that body fat in the teen percentile, just isn't some people's cup of tea.

Her body I have no issue with. Her mind and heart, whole 'nother story.

She looked fabulous in her turquoise bikini (so did Sonja) but taking it off to offer the entire production crew and villa staff full frontal is part of my problem with her.  She's got looks and money but she's a loudmouth mess of a human being.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

And this episode ladies and gentlemen, proves why this franchise is far better than any of the others. The scene in particular that made it apparent was the one where they were all lounging around together on the sofas outside. They were all so physically close to each other, laughing, joking, and yes, trying to stop Sonja from satisfying her horny desires on anyone who happened along. I have always thought that body language is a big indicator. And you can just see that these ladies have such a different relationship than exists between any other group in any other city. I know they are not all technically "friends", but for the most part co-workers, but I guess I would call it more of a fondness that exists for each other. I also love the way they eventually just move the fuck on. I loved Lu being in on the fun at the end of the episode when she said that Tom was her rose. She laughed right along with the rest of them when they gave her shit. Because they have this whole background and have been open and honest about how they feel about certain things and have reached the comfortable point where they can laugh about things that in the past were hurtful or mean. 

There are so many different groups that can assemble and feel real, vs. the usual mix of three on one side and three on the other. That is one of my favorite things about the season. I can see why the press when they were filming was that Bravo was freaked because there was so little drama, because except for an occasional issue here and there, we didn't see much drama. We saw folks mostly enjoying spending time together. 

I started a post with the same thoughts but it went to a dark place.  Because Beth took it there.  See, I 100% agree with what you wrote and was having those same good feelings about them as I watched the tour and especially once they got back to the house and were drinking and dancing on tables and rope swingin'.  Just having a good time. Was loving it.

And then Bethenny.  She had to muck it all up by jumping in the pool and weeping her salty ass tears into that beautiful saltwater pool all over the Moaner.  Buzzkill in a big way.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

And this episode ladies and gentlemen, proves why this franchise is far better than any of the others.

Glad to read this, motorcitymom65.  I've stopped watching the other franchises...although I think Beverly Hills may still be scheduled on my DVR.   Vicki and Kelly were the most recent last straw for me on RHOC.

• Love 7

Considering the camera almost always makes people look heavier, I can't imagine how gaunt Bethenny is. She has always practiced yoga and lived an active lifestyle, but, she doesn't look healthy to me. We have the benefit of having seen her on tv for a long time. This is the absolute thinnest she has been and her history of food disorders and Yo yo dieting speak volumes to the situation. She has no defined musculature and no reserves. If she became ill it could wipe her out. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Given that the reunion was already taped before Luann officially announced filing for divorce, I wonder what tune she'll be singing at the reunion when they no doubt bring up her relationship with Tom.

I want to know WHERE Luann will live now.  She obviously LUSTED for a penthouse.   I didn't follow the stories enough to know if there is a prenup...OR if Tom's mother really owns the penthouse.  Inquiring mind wants to know!   

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'll be the low fat cheese that stands alone. Aside from hating her skinny guts and thinking her ass is kind of flat and the boobs really wrong, I think Bethenny's body is so good. 

She's appears healthy to me - eats clean, exercises a lot, is so fricking flexible.  But I understand that body fat in the teen percentile, just isn't some people's cup of tea.

Her body I have no issue with. Her mind and heart, whole 'nother story.

She looked fabulous in her turquoise bikini (so did Sonja) but taking it off to offer the entire production crew and villa staff full frontal is part of my problem with her.  She's got looks and money but she's a loudmouth mess of a human being.

I think her body is excellent as well. Yes, she is very thin, but she is also very strong. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Considering the camera almost always makes people look heavier, I can't imagine how gaunt Bethenny is. She has always practiced yoga and lived an active lifestyle, but, she doesn't look healthy to me. We have the benefit of having seen her on tv for a long time. This is the absolute thinnest she has been and her history of food disorders and Yo yo dieting speak volumes to the situation. She has no defined musculature and no reserves. If she became ill it could wipe her out. 

I think she looks amazing.  These are both recent (well, from last summer). I like that she seems proud not only of her body in general, but of how strong she is and of the work she does to keep herself in shape. 

bethenny-frankel-01-600.jpg

29C02C4200000578-0-image-a-1_1434657696038.jpg

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

She has no defined musculature and no reserves. If she became ill it could wipe her out. 

I can't believe I'm defending this bish's body. LOL. 

You don't waterski, paddle board, surf and snowboard the way she does without musculature.  She's got a strong, strong body.  I'm strong as hell but the first couple times I tried paddle boarding, it was a fun embarrassment.  Looks easy, right?  But having a super strong core to stay balanced - not to mention the upper body strength needed to pull yourself back up on the board after falling 1,323 times.  Exhausting.

She has been thinner when I thought she looked sick.  And it was sometime right after she split from Jason.  Her face and waistline and even hair told the tale of her health.  I look at her now and she looks glowy and fit.  But I still hate her. Hahaha.  Hate might be kind of strong. ;-)

• Love 8