Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: The Not So Quiet Woman

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Weighing in (haha) on Shannon: Yeah, when I am stressed I eat. It's instant comfort when it seems as if there is no other easily available comfort in the world right then. But, I know I'm doing it, know what the end result will look like. Shannon knew what she was doing, and now she's at the point where she's probably done indulging and mentally entering the stage where she is going to do something about it. Publicly announcing it to anyone (even Kelly Dudd) is probably part of her mental commitment to change. She'll lose the weight.

I don't think this is the best time in Peggy's life to have joined this show. She looks as if she is in pain, and needs to be on the couch, with tea and a blanket, her laptop/ipad and a remote, resting and getting better, not walking around in five-inch heels. But at least she ate her meal at The Quiet Woman.

Okay, now to address Shannon, and the "what does she even do all day?" comments that seem to be aimed her way. Shannon has three kids, a house and a dog, and a husband. So, just pretend that instead of being a she, with a house and kids, she was a man who was operating an inn where every night he hosted four guests (they can be different guests) and their pet that someone brought along. And these guests had to be fed two healthy and balanced meals a day and three of them need to-go lunches  prepared as well. As the innkeeper, he has to shop for groceries and prepare and serve and clean up all the meals for his guests. Sometimes the guests will help, but they need direction most of the time. The dog is primarily the innkeeper's responsibility to feed, walk and keep safe.

On top of that, the inn has to be stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, soap, shampoo, treats and snacks, milk and fruit, etc. Then the inn has to be kept clean, the towels washed, sheets washed, etc. Even if he hired cleaning help it still has to be overseen.The innkeeper is also responsible for buying his guests clothes and getting their hair cuts and doctors appointments booked, etc. If something breaks or needs repair the innkeeper has to get the repair done, be there for the tradesman. Maintenance of the lawn and car is also the innkeeper's responsibility.

The guests might leave during the day (although some days they just hang around the inn to enjoy it). When they come back to the inn in the late afternoon they need rides to their activities because they don't have a car; the activities might be all at the same time in different directions at rush hour, but the innkeeper is still required to arrange the transportation and get them to where they need to go on time. Don't forget, the guests are still hungry and expect the innkeeper to have their meals ready regardless.

After dinner, the guests are around in the common areas creating more messes. Sometimes they have personal projects that the innkeeper is asked to oversee or help with or get supplies for. Occasionally, the guests are annoying, jerk-ish or purposely mean to the innkeeper, criticize the meals, complain if they are asked to help the innkeeper out.

Finally, when the guests go to their rooms each night, the innkeeper has a little time to himself before starting the whole thing over the next day. This is a great inn, people love it, and it never closes for time off. There are four guests there every day of the year.

The innkeeper loves his work, but it's a tough job. 

My point is, I doubt anyone would look at the innkeeper and ask "what does he do all day?"  But a woman doing the above for her family gets that question all the damn time. 

I will never understand why women or men are looked down upon if they don't go back to work outside the home.  It's everyone's choice to either be a stay at home mom/dad or go back to work.  It's up to each family to decide how their household functions.  Clearly, David earns enough money that Shannon doesn't need to bring in the income.  

There are choices and each family makes those decisions themselves, daycare, no daycare, preschool, no preschool, how long you don't work if you intend to re-enter the workforce, etc.

I think the bigger question for Shannon, is, maybe if she had a focus outside of David, would she be happier?  It doesn't have to be work, although she does have a paying job, being on this show!  

In real life, she does truly hang out with Tamra, and like her friend off the show, Kristina (we've seen her on the show) and she does have a group of friends that I've seen regularly on Shannon's social media, that includes Kristina, for the years we've seen her on the show.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

I don't for a single moment think that Lydia actually thinks that bringing two warring people together will come to any other conclusion other than them freaking out. But it does, at least in her mind probably, make her look like a "good" person who is trying to mend fences. Lydia, in some ways, is worse than a lot of the ladies because they sort of wear their awfulness unadorned while Lydia tries to gussy it up with this sort of veneer of kindly goodness.

Lydia continues to disappoint...

I questioned her motives and gave her the side eye when she easily turned on her "friend" Alexis when Tamra, Gretchen & Heather were dragging Alexis down.  I recall thinking a good, Christian friend would have stuck by Alexis during Tamra's dinner at her gym, whether she agreed with how Alexis was handling herself, or not...Alexis brought Lydia to the event.  I remember thinking Alexis wasn't doing anything wrong and was being set up.  

Overall, I liked her still at this point, she figured Heather out quickly!

This go around, however, she knows what she's doing, it's not her first dance at Real Housewives anymore.  

To participate in this set up is not a good look Lydia.  I know some people smile when they get nervous, but Lydia kept grinning from ear to ear in each scene with Shannon so far...that's not am innocent smile!!

• Love 10

I liked Shannon too but it's painful to watch the self-depreciation, blaming, the almost child-like tattling of emotional distress, etc.  She needs meds and couch time with a real doctor.  

This.  Exactly.

I think Shannon is a very empathetic person (she constantly says she is, and I believe her), but she just doesn't get that her overwhelming need to get empathy back from others is her undoing.

She's constantly (almost pathologically) exposing her vulnerabilities and seeking empathy, and CONSTANTLY surprised that others reactions aren't what she's expecting or wanting.

An emotionally mature person would recognize the pattern and adjust their expectations and behaviors to protect themselves.

Her behavior is pretty immature.  She wants empathy, emPATHY, EMPATHY...and she'll stomp, hold her breath or rage til she gets it (and she never will, so she has to stomp away).

She really needs to learn to self-sooth or employ a real therapist.  

AND she needs to learn to fold her hands in her lap and say, "Oh, I don't really have much to say on the topic of Vicki that would be interesting to you.  Let's talk instead about what going on in your life."

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I believe it.   Know where she would end up?  CIW, the womens prison.  She will be flicking the noses of Betty Broderick and the two surviving Manson Family women.

Is it wrong I hope they haven't changed THAT much!?  Joke.  I see her in a road rage incident.  Or a bar brawl.  Chances are good.

I heard Quentin Tarantino is doing his own flick on the Manson Family.  I am SOOOO excited.  I love this kind of stuff.  Just finished Helter Skelter after reading it again.  

• Love 4

I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 29 years old. Nothing like menopause at 29! I went from super skinny to a smudge fluffy. I'm 59 now and I could care less! I'm 5'7 and wear a 14 and I'm happy as a clam. I want a doughnut I eat it. I want a steak I eat it. My Blood Pressure and cholesterol all are fine.  Shannon needs to get a grip. You have to love yourself for who and what you are. And that is NOT what you eat or HOW you look. It is what you are inside that counts. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

My point wasn't about eating a salad. Of course that's not the solution for shannon to fix her life. My point is about choices. If shannon is upset about her weight gain, she is making wrong choices. Both in diet and in exercise or lack therof. What she is doing now isn't working. So either do something different, or do nothing but complain and blame, or do nothing and accept the new you. I see she's going for door number 2. And nobody wants to be around that kind of person on a regular basis. 

As a middle aged woman, I get what she's going through too. It's damn hard. I had to make myself get up off the couch last night and walk 3.5 miles around a HS track. I would have much rather stayed with all of you wonderful people, posting away and snacking and drinking wine. But I chose a better way. Wasn't easy, and I'm probably gonna choose the wrong way next time :). Tonight I'm going out to dinner with girl friends. Gonna skip the mushroom ravioli - and take my own advice and have a piece of fish w salad and dressing in the side. That choice not that hard because I love fish, and when I go out, I talk more than I eat. Hope I don't throw a plate at anyone...

anyway. No one said it was easy. I ask anyone here, does anyone here have it easy??? We all have stuff. The way shannon is dealing with her stuff isn't working. Maybe try another way? 

I wonder if Shannon has any real support. 

The trainer was a dick , her husband is clueless and her mil obviously hates her.

was there any talk of sisters or a mother?

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

My point is, I doubt anyone would look at the innkeeper and ask "what does he do all day?"  But a woman doing the above for her family gets that question all the damn time. 

I don't look down on any parent who actually works in the home taking care of their family, (I've done it myself) but I don't categorize Shannon that way.  I don't believe the same woman who couldn't handle being taken out to a (gasp) pub would actually lower herself to clean toilets or any of the numerous disgusting/difficult household chores that must be done.  I'm pretty sure Shannon has housekeepers and drivers who help with the drudgery.  So, that's what makes me wonder what she does with her days. 

On another note, I find her so needy.  During the lovely bathroom prayer session while asking all kinds of Jesusy stuff, notice that Shannon calms down when Lydia talks about what a wonderful, sweet person Shannon is.  The only way to soothe her is to compliment her and buy into this fictitious idea she has of herself.  I feel for David and those girls and I'll bet they walk on eggshells because of Shannon's behavior all the time. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 29 years old. Nothing like menopause at 29! I went from super skinny to a smudge fluffy. I'm 59 now and I could care less! I'm 5'7 and wear a 14 and I'm happy as a clam. I want a doughnut I eat it. I want a steak I eat it. My Blood Pressure and cholesterol all are fine.  Shannon needs to get a grip. You have to love yourself for who and what you are. And that is NOT what you eat or HOW you look. It is what you are inside that counts. 

This!

she probably had low self esteem before the affair and now she is simply a wreck.

The weight is not even that bad, imo.

there are many women in my gym who are way over 200 and still there working hard and loving themselves.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Normades said:

I don't look down on any parent who actually works in the home taking care of their family, (I've done it myself) but I don't categorize Shannon that way.  I don't believe the same woman who couldn't handle being taken out to a (gasp) pub would actually lower herself to clean toilets or any of the numerous disgusting/difficult household chores that must be done.  I'm pretty sure Shannon has housekeepers and drivers who help with the drudgery.  So, that's what makes me wonder what she does with her days. 

On another note, I find her so needy.  During the lovely bathroom prayer session while asking all kinds of Jesusy stuff, notice that Shannon calms down when Lydia talks about what a wonderful, sweet person Shannon is.  The only way to soothe her is to compliment her and buy into this fictitious idea she has of herself.  I feel for David and those girls and I'll bet they walk on eggshells because of Shannon's behavior all the time. 

Just for the record, that quote you posted was from Thefinalrose, not from me, IKR, I had quoted and responded to her post below her comments.

8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Lydia and her good girlfriend Kelly met once the previous night (or a night or two before) at dinner with Vicki.  It must not have been interesting enough to actually make the show, but it was mentioned in passing and there was a brief flashback showing them all wearing some stupid party tiaras.

Right before Lydia called Kelly (during the ride to the restaurant) she told Peggy that Kelly doesn't like/get along with Tamra or Shannon yet she still invited Kelly to join them, oh, and that flash back showed Lydia inviting Kelly to that dinner then as well. Lydia is playing games right out of the gate, then pretending to be innocent but these flash backs are showing us she already knew they, Vicki/Kelly - Tamra/Shannon, were fighting and why.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Shannon last season commented on her weight gain saying they were "happy" pounds.  The family was doing lots of things together and like most it revolved around meals out together, travelling.  With four out of five in her household eating and burning calories as active athletes, it takes a lot of discipline to continue to order calorie conscious choices.  The half steak was a good idea.  And Shannon has apparently decided not to eschew alcohol, which is just empty calories.  Although Tamra is very sculpted and boasts body fat in the low teens she has had surgical enhancements to achieve the look.  Even now she claims due to her low body fat she had a lower face lift.  Tamra is kind of at the other end of the spectrum.  It seems her business, marriage and family life revolve around body sculpting and building. 

I would agree her weight has made her unhappy with herself .  What I hear from Shannon when she  complains about her relationship with  David is she is trying to sell herself that David must be unhappy because she is unhappy. 

At this point Shannon can't afford to consume empty calories.  To me it is like a budget-if you blow 20% of your budget on bowling when you need 95% of your budget to meet your needs, you aren't budgeting logically. The other thing about drinking vodka is "one drink" can wildly varying calories if your pour is on the generous side.  So Shannon has to decide if she is on a healthy 1200 calorie a day diet if it is worth to consume 150 calories in her evening cocktail.   

So geek that I am I looked up the calories of an oz of Grey Goose.  It is 69 calories for 1 oz.  That adds up!  How many ounces in a regular drink, 2?  If she goes a double that is 4?  How many drinks does she have per night?  Yeah, the food is a problem but she is drinking many calories.  Quit drinking alone and that saves a lot of calories.

• Love 10

WTF was that all about?

Lydia trying to be cool and have a story line.

Shannon is way over the top- go on medication. Really- that is the first thing you say to someone is about your weight???

Peggy is so full of plastic she doesn't have a personality.

I may have to stop watching this one.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Just for the record, that quote you posted was from Thefinalrose, not from me, IKR, I had quoted and responded to her post below her comments.

My apologies.  I didn't realize it would attribute the quote to you.

45 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is it wrong I hope they haven't changed THAT much!?  Joke.  I see her in a road rage incident.  Or a bar brawl.  Chances are good.

I heard Quentin Tarantino is doing his own flick on the Manson Family.  I am SOOOO excited.  I love this kind of stuff.  Just finished Helter Skelter after reading it again.  

Lol, while you can hope, I doubt Kelly could garner any attention from Pat K. or Leslie V.H.     Betty maybe. I am sure Kelly would get beaten down on a daily basis from the rest of the general population though.

I feel so bad for her daughter. Social services should pay her a visit.

• Love 3
On 7/24/2017 at 10:46 PM, nexxie said:

Kelly says, "Everybody likes to watch a good crash, so long as no one gets hurt."

But I think she knows it hurts Shannon - that's why she loves doing it.

This!  Kelly was downright gleeful in the reaction she got out of Shannon.  She (Kelly) makes my stomach turn.  Cannot stand her.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Normades said:

YES!!  Shannon is very, very needy.  It's like she has this expectation that her life is constantly going to be in the honeymoon phase and everyday will be like a vowel renewal happiness day.  Newsflash Shannon: Life is stressful and hard and sometimes sucks...that's why we have vacations - so we have something to look forward to, a time to let ourselves eat what we want and bask in absolute pleasure.  If life was a picnic all the time, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the truly great moments.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Lol, while you can hope, I doubt Kelly could garner any attention from Pat K. or Leslie V.H.     Betty maybe. I am sure Kelly would get beaten down on a daily basis from the rest of the general population though.

I feel so bad for her daughter. Social services should pay her a visit.

Speaking of her daughter, and harkening to what another poster said upthread (and I apologize for not knowing who!) about not wanting to get within ten feet of Kelly, I wonder if her daughter misses out on invitations because the parents are aware of Kelly's psychotic and drunken behavior.  I'm not saying that they all watch RHOC.  All it takes is one parent with a Facebook account.  Not to mention her daughter's school friends watching the show.  Think THEY want to be anywhere near that harpy?  

I tell you want's really disturbing to me is the Kelly supporters in her Twitter feed.  It is almost scary to think there are people who not only sign on to her atrocious behavior but APPLAUD it.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
to add content without putting up new comment
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

The trainer was a dick , her husband is clueless and her mil obviously hates her.

Shannon's mother lives in Tennessee. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Normades said:

My apologies.  I didn't realize it would attribute the quote to you.

It's no biggie...I know, like I did here, people quote other posters, and it gets reposted again sometimes, so just wanted to be clear.  I was responding and agreeing with Thefinalrose's post.

No apology necessary! :)

• Love 1
Just now, msblossom said:

Hello Production, we see you.

I don't like the new housewife. We get it. You're Armenian. Thanks for the millionth time.

I am still trying to figure out why she has an accent if she came to California when she was a year old.  I live in California and any number of people I know were raised in a home where English was a second language if at all and the people I know don't have accents.  I think she is a bit put on and trying way too hard be exotic.

• Love 6

I thought it was interesting that Shannon sat at the table going on about what a horrible time she has had and how difficult things have been for her while a woman who recently had a double mastectomy is sitting across from her.  

• Love 10
13 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Shannon is a mess.  I'd say it's part hormones, part financial and part staying with a husband she doesn't trust

Where do you come up with the financial part? They just sold a 13 million dollar home and are currently renting so I'm sure there's some money in the bank. I agree with the hormones and husband part. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, slitz said:

This!  Kelly was downright gleeful in the reaction she got out of Shannon.  She (Kelly) makes my stomach turn.  Cannot stand her.

I agree, and to see Kelly followed Shannon & Tamra when they were heading back towards the bathroom/kitchen and she was cackling with glee like a witch in a The Wizard of Oz was quite telling.  Why was she following them?!

She's going in for the kill and Shannon couldn't control her reaction/emotions.  

Kelly is not a nice person, the understatement of the year!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Normades said:

I thought it was interesting that Shannon sat at the table going on about what a horrible time she has had and how difficult things have been for her while a woman who recently had a double mastectomy is sitting across from her.  

Shannon and Tamra were meeting Peggy for the first time, so I don't think either knew. I suspect that Lydia invited Peggy the same way she invited Kelly, without telling Tamra/Shannon, who arranged the dinner to begin with, first.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Good question! I'm a strong person because I come from good strong people who taught me right....different situation when u have to figure that shit out yourself :/ hadn't thought about that...

• Love 1
(edited)

I never once blamed my weight gain on anybody or anything. My former skinny self gained weight because I have no portion control, I eat the wrong foods, don't exercise regularly and I love sweets. I have to change my relationship with food (drinking is not my problem). Shannon is a very, very, spoiled rich woman. I thought that from day one of her being on the show. I don't want to hear her bullshit crying about it. I really hope it doesn't continue all season. 

Yes, sometimes when you reach middle age you can get depressed because you're life isn't what you thought it would be at this age. I am going through that. You have to look in the mirror and realize that nobody is going to change your life for you except you. Every woman goes through menopause. Some much more easily than others. If you are one that is having a really rough time with it, get yourself to the Dr. for some relief. It won't alleviate all of your discomfort but medication will help. 

David doesn't love Shannon anymore. He stays for the children. He tried with the marriage last year but it didn't work. Staying for the children isn't working, either. He cheated, she can't forgive. Now they are back to the vicious cycle.  Maybe if they ended the marriage it would give Shannon some final closure and then she could finally move on. Right now she's in limbo. To me, her behavior at the birthday party, running to the limo with all the crying and Fuck you's along the way, David running after her trying to calm her down and make sense of this latest meltdown (What's wrong honey, what happened, honey,whats going on, honey....)  and her kids having to deal with her in public like that is unforgivable. Get your shit together, Shannon. If for no other reason than for your daughters. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14

Here's what I don't understand: Why do these women never learn to stay out of business that is not theirs to begin with? I would think Lydia would know to stay out of the middle of whatever is going on between Vicki and Shannon. Instead, she's got to insert her fucking self into business to which she is not a party, and then she wonders why these screaming chimps start flinging feces in her direction. I'm just left thinking, "Really?!? This is not that hard. You weren't around for everything that happened. So why not just shut your mouth? Why do you need to help rehash all this shit? And why can't you just let it die down?"

On 7/24/2017 at 9:14 PM, LilaFowler said:

Also, I don't consider myself to be a paranoid person but David working out like a fiend while Shannon continues to spiral downward makes me wonder if he is cheating again. It's pretty clear from the way that Shannon dodged the sex question from the "holistic specialist" that she and David aren't having sex. He is surely getting it from somewhere.

This coupled with the fact that if he really cared about her, he would be supportive of her and encourage her to also work out. He would do whatever he can to make sure she has time to do this and would help her along the way. My wife was heavier than Shannon is and when she decided she wanted to hit the gym with me and lose the weight, I was right there next to her helping her every step of the way.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Where do you come up with the financial part? They just sold a 13 million dollar home and are currently renting so I'm sure there's some money in the bank. I agree with the hormones and husband part. 

Why did they sell their custom made, crystal infused, air purified home? Was it because the other woman lives up the street? The place they are renting seems a step down (not the view) so I'm curious. Are they going to custom build a new one?

• Love 1

Kelly's daughter will be scarred from having that for a mother. Remember Kelly and her brother cackling about "tossed salad" in front of Jolie?? Who knows what that poor little girl has been exposed to in that house? Stomach turning. 

Shannon is unusual in many ways. Even for a reality show person, she has a major problem with TMI. I've never seen a housewife ask her husband to remove an enema tip from her butt on TV. 

She truly has no boundaries at all. We have heard dirty details of David's affair, her imbedded enema, her bloating, her weight gain along with hanging her gut out for all to see, her girls asking their dad about his wet dreams, violent arguments, drunken blackouts, all revealed to the world...strange family. 

People raving about Heather....she wasn't always so sweet to Shannon. Ha, far from it. She had her own hand in pushing Shannon off the rails ala Kelly Dudd and then melodramatically asking Terry if they should "call an ambulance." What a witch. 

She also had zero compassion for the pain Shannon was going through over David's affair. She was quite mean and condescending to Shannon. If Terry really had an affair it sounds like karma. 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

So geek that I am I looked up the calories of an oz of Grey Goose.  It is 69 calories for 1 oz.  That adds up!  How many ounces in a regular drink, 2?  If she goes a double that is 4?  How many drinks does she have per night?  Yeah, the food is a problem but she is drinking many calories.  Quit drinking alone and that saves a lot of calories.

This is true. I was about thirty pounds overweight in middle school up until junior year of high school. I always wondered why seeing as how I ate normally, so I just chalked it up to biology.

I read some article in like YM or something that said if you replaced everything you drink with water you could lose 5 pounds per week. That's when I realized that I was drinking about 1200 calories in soda per day. 

The weight fell off when I switched to water. 

I realize that a 16 year old loses easier, but the point still stands, drinking calories will keep the weight on.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Why did they sell their custom made, crystal infused, air purified home? Was it because the other woman lives up the street? The place they are renting seems a step down (not the view) so I'm curious. Are they going to custom build a new one?

She said it carried a lot of bad memories but perhaps money was part of it as you originally suspected. They put it on the market for 16M and took a little over 9M for it. That's quite the drop in price for such a beautiful well appointed place with all the healthy bells and whistles. 

Second: Her neighborhood was fed up with filming and banned it from there so if she didn't move she'd be off of the cast list. (Same thing for Heather Dubrow whose neighbors also got fed up with the parking, traffic, privacy issues and noise) 

• Love 1
On 7/24/2017 at 9:46 PM, nexxie said:

Kelly says, "Everybody likes to watch a good crash, so long as no one gets hurt."

But I think she knows it hurts Shannon - that's why she loves doing it.

She said exactly this. She knows she's hurting Shannon and not only does she not care, doing so fills her with glee unlike anything else in her horrid and dank little life.

• Love 12

I've always loved Lydia -- she's beautiful, funny and not afraid to speak to her mind.   However, so far, this season, I am a bit upset with her shit stirring, especially when she tries to mask it as a Christian Friendship Whisperer endeavor, which it clearly is not.  

During her first season on RHOC, another astute poster from this board discovered that her brother tried to come on to some underage girls in Scottsdale, AZ (where he lives) and had to register as a Level 2 sex offender in the State of Arizona: http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1737405&AgencyID=55583

Level two is not that bad -- it is a pretty mild sex offender level (hubs works in Legal) and I think he was flirting/trying to get close to some teenage girls so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. At the time, we speculated that Lydia did not return to RHOC after the first season for fear this would come out. I would not judge her for it. She is not her sibling.

Lydia is from a fabulously wealthy Canadian family -- grandfather was a huge media mogul who owned TV stations and newspapers throughout rural parts of Canada and he was the first to build a 24 hour station in Canada. Now her family is trying to buy up U.S. media properties. They are all very Christian so I wonder if they enforce their Christian beliefs on these media properties? Who knows.

Lydia's REAL stories are so much more interesting than all this manufactured housewife drama!  I wish we could uncover the fabulous happenings within the Stirling Family!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, slitz said:

I wanted to reach through my screen and bitch slap her trainer every time he said "wow".  Shannon can drive me crazy sometimes, but that whole scene broke my heart.  She just looked completely defeated.

I completely agree. I was so pissed at the trainer for his reaction. It frustrates me when I see people try to dumb down the issues related to weight as if it's as simple as 'eating a dry piece of fish' and 'going to the gym'. There are other factors that contribute to weight gain and there are certainly other ways to lose weight other than eating bland white meat and bland steamed veggies. Often times I feel that when people focus on the physical benefit of weight loss, they steer toward unsustainable ways to lose weight and sooner or later they deal with the process all over again because the weight will come back. As humiliated as Shannon was about how she looked, she did show genuine concern when the health factors related to her high body fat percentage were explained to her. If that will be the primary motivator then I think Shannon will do well - focus on her health and the weight loss will be a by product of getting healthier. Tamra can give her all of the fitness diet advice she wants, the key to Shannon's success is not what she does in the gym or even weighing and managing every little morsel of food she puts in her mouth, the key to her success will be first learning how to control her mental, emotional well-being, stress and sleep. When you focus on what you eat and going to the gym, you're likely setting yourself up for feeling like shit every time you give in to temptation and eat a cookie or you feel lazy and miss a gym day. Healthy living is long-term and I hope Shannon surrounds herself with people who embrace that philosophy and reminding her that allowing herself moments to indulge and be human doesn't undo any of the work she's done and will continue to do. Being willing to be so open about her struggles on camera and freely telling everyone about her situation seems like a way to make herself accountable for making changes and I think she'll do it.

• Love 10

I feel like I have to say this to people who will understand .... even if they don't agree!  LOL

1)  I think we are victims of editing on (at least) two fronts with this episode.  I suspect there was a lot more conversation in the restroom than we saw.  While I understand that Shannon is completely obsessed with her weight gain this season, I don't believe that the conversation in the restroom went from "Oh crap, Kelly Dodd is here" to "Kelly, I weigh 174 pounds and have 40% body fat" in 2 1/2 seconds flat.  We missed something.  The second editing issue is that about half the time the trainer said "Wow" or "Whoa" we couldn't see him - so I'm betting it was said once or twice, and then added in every time there was the opportunity.

2)  I live in Rancho Santa Margarita (where Tamra's gym is) and work in Newport Beach (where Shannon lives).  It is AT LEAST 30 minutes between the two, if you're not trying to do it during peak traffic (it is 25.1 miles door to door from my house to my office).  If you're struggling to be motivated to work out, adding an hour or an hour and a half to the time commitment TO work out is only going to make it more tempting to skip it.  And Shannon has 3 girls who are active in sports and other activities.  It isn't as if David leaves for work, and she sits on the couch watching Oprah until he comes home - my money is on schlepping girls hither and yon all day long, making it harder to carve time out.  

3) When Shannon and Tamra were heading to the restaurant, Shannon specifically said that this dinner was going to be her last splurge before she got serious about dieting - so I don't begrudge her a steak if that's what she wanted.

4)  Kelly is a jackass

5) Lydia should have taken some responsibility when the whole "Why is Kelly here?" conversation was happening and at least said "Oh, I mentioned to Kelly we were going to be here" instead of acting all shocked herself.

6) Is the only time we're going to see all the ladies together going to be when they go to Iceland?

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I usually go by lawsuits and the Beadors don't seem to have any against them.  So they must pay their bills. Every once in awhile I look up David's company and it appears they have several contracts going on. There are no complaints or withholds from final payments.

I believe they put the house on the market initially shortly after the affair.  The house seemed to be almost oppressive to these folks moving forward.  Quite honestly, although a beautifully appointed home it seemed almost stale in the interior design and terribly overly customized.  Shannon likes traditional but it did seem the house was hard to move.  I am guessing they are getting a fantastic deal on the rental because it is featured every week on the show and is was last on the market for $27 million.  The house has been described as a tear down. 

As to the renting, Shannon has said they are looking for a smaller beach property to renovate. I don't see them doing one from the ground up.  My guess it will probably coincide with "Flipping Out" and Jeff Lewis will do the remodeling, and a built in storyline for Season 13. 

The other woman didn't live up the street, she didn't even live in Crystal Cove, nor did her children attend the Beador children's school-the connection was her daughter played on the basketball team the Beador girls were on and David coached.   

• Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I don't think this is the best time in Peggy's life to have joined this show. She looks as if she is in pain, and needs to be on the couch, with tea and a blanket, her laptop/ipad and a remote, resting and getting better, not walking around in five-inch heels. But at least she ate her meal at The Quiet Woman.

So true - and she looked so awkward in the scene with the kids, leaning back and teetering on those shoes in the front hall, like she could barely stand up.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

She lives in a beautiful place filled with beautiful hill and a beautiful dog. Throw on some sneakers, grab Archie and GO! Go hike an hour, come back and make yourself a smoothie with fruit and yogurt. 

That sounds like such a perfect, happy day! 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Not so subconsciously IMO! I don't know how you get past what he did? He had a bona fide relationship outside his marriage and actually took her to meet mom! Momma loved the other woman! He allowed his daughters to be front and center throughout all that drama! I still say the kids are marked for life! ;-)

I'm pretty sure that once your husband has an affair AND takes the not-so-side piece to meet Mom, no amount of feng shui, crystals, butt cleansing, or gorilla glue can hold it together.  That is straight up admitting he is complaining done.

shes as culpable for staying.  She can leave and remain financially comfortable, but she doesn't.   What if Shannon got fit, dialed her drama down, and started enjoying life?   Couldn't be a martyr anymore.

i have an older friend whose husband is retired with social security, a pension, and a healthy 401 k.  She has a job where she works at home not doing much, and is well paid.  When she retires, she'll have a very good 401k, and has heavily invested in her company, which has always traded really high.   They do nothing but bitch and moan at each other instead of enjoying the life they worked and planned for.   Some people just choose drama and misery.  I'd just sell the house, get a small 55+ condo, and enjoy the rest of my life.  And of course dump the lazy, complaining husband.  

Just now, Mu Shu said:

I'm pretty sure that once your husband has an affair AND takes the not-so-side piece to meet Mom, no amount of feng shui, crystals, butt cleansing, or gorilla glue can hold it together.  That is straight up admitting he is completely done.

shes as culpable for staying.  She can leave and remain financially comfortable, but she doesn't.   What if Shannon got fit, dialed her drama down, and started enjoying life?   Couldn't be a martyr anymore.

i have an older friend whose husband is retired with social security, a pension, and a healthy 401 k.  She has a job where she works at home not doing much, and is well paid.  When she retires, she'll have a very good 401k, and has heavily invested in her company, which has always traded really high.   They do nothing but bitch and moan at each other instead of enjoying the life they worked and planned for.   Some people just choose drama and misery.  I'd just sell the house, get a small 55+ condo, and enjoy the rest of my life.  And of course dump the lazy, complaining husband.  

• Love 5

To me, her behavior at the birthday party, running to the limo with all the crying and Fuck you's along the way, David running after her trying to calm her down and make sense of this latest meltdown (What's wrong honey, what happened, honey,whats going on, honey....)  and her kids having to deal with her in public like that is unforgivable. Get your shit together, Shannon. If for no other reason than for your daughters. 

Probably happens all the time.  I mean just think of how many times it gets like this on the show...

Heather's Groundbreaking

LOCK show

Shannon's Birthday Dinner at sports bar

Trip to Napa/Vineyard

Party at Lizzies beach house

Ava's Birthday party

Dinner at Quiet Woman

...this is only what I can think of off the top of my head.  I am sure there are more.  Her hub and daughters seem way too used to triaging these type of situations.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

And btw...can we please retire that stupid Hermes h belt?? Ever since yolander first wore it her second or first season, every bitch in the franchise copied it with their fake aliexpress versions. Vickie, you are not Hermes. Yolander is Hermes. You are Herman. Go get yourself a Herman belt. Thanks

I can't stop laughing over this.  Vicki is totally Herman.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She said it carried a lot of bad memories but perhaps money was part of it as you originally suspected. They put it on the market for 16M and took a little over 9M for it. That's quite the drop in price for such a beautiful well appointed place with all the healthy bells and whistles. 

Second: Her neighborhood was fed up with filming and banned it from there so if she didn't move she'd be off of the cast list. (Same thing for Heather Dubrow whose neighbors also got fed up with the parking, traffic, privacy issues and noise) 

Wow, 7 million dollars is quite a bit less! (IMO)

I think Dorinda (RHONY) rents an apartment different from the one she lives in since they don't allow filming in hers. 

If this is how Shannon behaves in public then I truly cannot even imagine her private temper tantrums.  I guess they didn't teach keeping your shit together in public in cotillion.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Normades said:

It seems from Shannon's SM that the girls are all heavily involved in sports.  She's always posting pictures from tournaments and whatnot.  Hell, my best friend has one 13 year old daughter and she spends all her free time at practices, tournaments, camp, etc.  Multiply that by three.  We really have no idea how much help Shannon actually has.  We've seen her cook meals for the family. My best guess is that she has a housekeeper and that's it.  

• Love 7

I haven't actually been able to watch yet, but I came here so you all could prepare me.

Sometimes I think it's better that way - I know to look for things that I would have otherwise missed (ie Kelly at the door/window making stupid faces while Lydia and Peggy were outside).

• Love 4

According to Meghan my (everyone's) uterus is the spirit world?  Did anyone catch what she said?  Jimmy does seem hands on which surprised me, I thought he would be sitting on the couch reading the paper or "working" in his office instead of interacting with the baby so good for him!

What is this trend of spending zillions of dollars to renovate a house then decide it's too big and then move just to do it all over again.  Which makes me laugh when they complain the house is too big...like they have to actually clean it.

How crazy angry do you think Shannon will be at Lydia once she finds out Lydia suggested to Kelly that she join them for dinner.  And why did Lydia say in her TH that Kelly showing up was a red flag, she invited her!

Lydia and her prayers...she just pulls random babbling made up prayers out of her ass for every occasion, she is a real marvel!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, doublek61 said:

Sometimes I think it's better that way - I know to look for things that I would have otherwise missed (ie Kelly at the door/window making stupid faces while Lydia and Peggy were outside).

My mouth went agape; saying to myself, "is that Kelly up there in the window doing 'blowfish' faces?" lol! It took me back to my childhood watching the Marx Brothers with Harpo doing it! I cracked up; esp. when Shannon stormed out again with her usual "F U's" and "get out of my way" to the camera people I would guess! ;-)

• Love 1