Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E15: Live Eviction #4

• Start Topic

Who will be evicted from the Big Brother House?  Plus the power will once again be up for grabs.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, endure said:

Is Paul now the narrator of the show?

What do you mean? It's been the Paul show since day 1. Why is there nothing better to watch this summer?

So of course he wins HoH, grrrr!

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 14

Oh yay, Paul is HOH. Again.  Let me me contain my excitement.  :Eyeroll

At least it's probably meaningless with Jess' hex.

I love that Jess dropped that bomb at the end! She left Julie speechless!

• Love 14

Why was Jessica dressed like a groupie for Poison? Or a member of Poison?

Either way, I feel her days are numbered, as she hath angered the ChenBot, whose programmers clearly did not prepare for the semi-true, unauthorized leaking of the DoT secret.

• Love 7

I would never play BB anyway, but I would be pissed if I was a hamster this season. Between the usual random twists, temptations, and whatever convoluted nonsense this "consequence" is, it's impossible to form any type of strategy.

I hate Raven so very much.

Julie nearly BSoD'd!

• Love 8

God Jessica is annoying.  She is just not half as cute as she thinks she is.

I love that one of Jillian's tattoos said "No Regerts."

"Nobody wanted to work with us this week"?  Shut your face Cody.  You two aren't the most likable people in that house.

*Shrug*  I like Paul.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I feel her (Jessica) days are numbered, as she hath angered the ChenBot, whose programmers clearly did not prepare for the semi-true, unauthorized leaking of the DoT secret.

Why? In a game of deceit, that's fair play, I think. Oh why do I even care ?. Now I'm mad at myself for watching this crappy season.

• Love 5

I thought it was an entertaining show. Guess it doesn't take much to entertain me. I don't like any of these ppl, with exception of Kevin, so don't care about outcome. I think Mark looks like a human Curious George, he is so odd. Why does he wear pink shorts that are ridiculously small?  Paul must have hearing problem, why yell like that in DR? It will be fun to see him get used by everyone till near the end then voted out. I liked Jess' strategy to disclose her hex, just don't like her. That house looks so filthy. Just ewww. Ok gnite!

• Love 6

"Do what you do Josh.  Be emotional."  He did a great job selling it, but he's still so damn annoying.

Paul is on to Mark and Elena sucking up to Codica.  Mark is an idiot.  Dumping all that info to Paul.

So is Codybot, he needs all the allies he can get.  Mark wants to be his puppy.  His Josh fantasies seem just a tad psychotic.  

I can't stand Paul, but he is really playing this well.  He needs Matt and Raven's vote, and makes other targets.

Bad move Kevin!  You just jumped onto a sinking ship!  They all pick on "poor Jessica" because they hate her and her little Cody too.

That threat to Jason was intense!  Codybot demands respect and loyalty while never earning it and having zero respect for anyone else.

Jessica's dress is very hot.  The fuse is lit......

Sorry Ramses, you didn't do anything.  Julie was kind to him.  The superfan curse.

Kevin's goodbye message kicks it, of course.  Blabbing the plan to Jess might not hurt him too bad.  He's smooth.

Lava lamp!  I have a dozen of them :)

I had no clue to any of the answers.

Oh joy.  Paul wins.  I suppose that's a hair better than Matt or Raven owning the HoH room.  They would do what he wanted anyway.

Jess or Cody will end up on the block and she will whip out the hex so this week is a waste of time.  Sorry Paul.

So the curse is an immunity challenge with the loser going on the block.  Meh.

• Love 1

I love that Jess dropped that bomb at the end! She left Julie speechless!

At first I was all, nooooo Jess! Why did you tell them, now they will put you up to flush out your power. Then I realized she knows Paul is going to put her up anyway so why not have some fun messing with their heads. The look on Josh's face kind of made it worth it.

I think at the end Paul was telling them (incorrectly) Ramses had accepted the $25K temptation? Was that what he told his sheep to get them to vote him out?

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

At first I was all, nooooo Jess! Why did you tell them, now they will put you up to flush out your power. Then I realized she knows Paul is going to put her up anyway so why not have some fun messing with their heads. The look on Josh's face kind of made it worth it.

I think at the end Paul was telling them (incorrectly) Ramses had accepted the $25K temptation? Was that what he told his sheep to get them to vote him out?

This is Jessica's last week to use the Hex anyway, so no harm in spilling the beans now. Edited: I'm wrong, I don't think this is her last week to use the Hex.

Edited by Michichick
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Bina said:

Far into the season for the first goodbye messages.

Kevin's was sweet. I don't want to curse him but I would guess out of these clowns he will be the only one to give anything close to a sweet and funny and interesting message. Plus he has this weird shifty way of not looking at the camera which would ordinarily skeeve me out but with him it is just kind of endearing.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Bina said:

Far into the season for the first goodbye messages.

I think that's because the previously evicted had the chance to battle back and it was not necessarily goodbye.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Bina said:

Far into the season for the first goodbye messages. Why couldn't Julie reveal the temptation consequence anyway?

They couldn't do it before this wk because the previous eliminated hgs went into sequester.

Julie was gonna reveal the hex but Jessica threw her for a loop. She nearly short-circuited.?

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 9

Jessica must have realized that Kevin would not keep her hex secret since he voted to evict Ramses after telling her he wouldn't.  At that point she might have thought telling everyone would give her more power than not knowing which ones knew but were pretending not to.  She also seemed to describe the hex as more powerful than it is.

• Love 4

I was so close to wanting Paul knocked off his high horse this week and then Cody happened. Again. I can't root for him even a little bit, so it's back to YourBoy. For now.

And I couldn't even watch Josh pretending to be shocked at staying. Everything about him makes my skin crawl. He is one of the worst houseguests EVER, but my blinding Cody hate made me (shamefully) root for him to stay this week. I guess all my eggs are officially in Kevin's shifty-eyed basket.

• Love 5

Oh, hell...that A-hole is going to be insufferable for the next week. The show was already all about him anyway but now at lease Alison Grodner  has a bonafide reason to put all the focus on her pet.

At least there is the satisfaction that he can't touch his sworn enemies Cody and Jess...but if I had to guess Mark is toast now that he's on Paul's radar.

It's just as well Jess told because Kevin would have absolutly blabbed like how he did about the blindside.

I miss Dominique....she was a good sport to smile cheerfully and pose in her bikini for the comp.

For the life of me I can't understand all these people playing Paul's game for him. Don't they want a half million for themselves? Why are they working overtime for him? 
So disapointed in Ales. I remember early on the posts on here saying that she would see through him and rise up to be an opponent but she's his complete lap dog. And I REALLY liked her!

What is it going to take for the house to turn against Paul? There has to be something.

Frankly I think Josh is so unstable that he could be dangerous. Push the right button and he's gonna go off and get Hantzed right out of that house.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Kevin's was sweet. I don't want to curse him but I would guess out of these clowns he will be the only one to give anything close to a sweet and funny and interesting message. Plus he has this weird shifty way of not looking at the camera which would ordinarily skeeve me out but with him it is just kind of endearing.

Agreed! Even when voting, he doesn't quite look at the camera, which I'd normally find annoying, but since it's the polar opposite of the mugging and shouting and fake cutesy-pieing of the young'uns, I kinda love it. It's almost like he thinks by avoiding eye contact with the camera, he won't be caught by the Boston Mafia, or whatever they got goin' on up there. (And yes, I just like to assume the guy is a made man, or at least dabbles in that world.)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

This is Jessica's last week to use the Hex anyway, so no harm in spilling the beans now. Edited: I'm wrong, I don't think this is her last week to use the Hex.

I feel like the hex is good for four evictions, so she has two more weeks to use it.

• Love 3

I am disappointed in this group.  They all seem to line up behind Paul and do whatever he says.  

When Paul and Mark were playing pool, I'm sure the camera angle had a little to do with it, but DAMN, Paul is tiny compared to Mark. 

I do wonder about something -  "meatball"  is considered an ethnic slur against Italians.  I don't know if Cody and Jessica are Italian at all, but regardless, I'm surprised that it is allowed on the show.  

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, endure said:

Is Paul now the narrator of the show?

Yes, all the time , non stop, its your boy! He can say, do and tell the sheep what to do and they do it. I suspect they threw the HOH to him. Isnt that peachy, even more Paul. I wont watch now until next Thursday, I felt sorry for Ramses, he's a good kid, Meatball Josh is way , way, way OTT and he doesnt even know Paul is using him. smh boring season so far..

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jess revealing that hex was awesome. Paul's face fell!

Way too much Paul and too much crazy Josh. He should have been sent home.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 14
(edited)

Does Paul know that for sure? It's a risky move if the person who did accept it is still in the house. (Which they indeed are.) That person can blow his strategy, especially if they tell Jessica and Cody.

I think the Halting Hex is some b.s. and that Production is banking on setting up a huge eventual showdown between Paul and Cody and/or Jessica. The rest of the house is just the supporting cast.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, helpmerhonda said:

I feel like the hex is good for four evictions, so she has two more weeks to use it.

Its good for one eviction, and she has three weeks left to use it..:)

2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Why? In a game of deceit, that's fair play, I think. Oh why do I even care ?. Now I'm mad at myself for watching this crappy season.

you arent alone, its an awful season..:(

2 hours ago, Yolo said:

This show is rigged??? 

100%!!!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, F. M. said:

Its good for one eviction, and she has three weeks left to use it..:)

It is good once for the first four evictions after she received it. Two of those evictions have taken place (Dominique and Ramses). So if she uses it, it will be for one of the next two evictions.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Michichick said:

It is good once for the first four evictions after she received it. Two of those evictions have taken place (Dominique and Ramses). So if she uses it, it will be for one of the next two evictions.

I thought this counted as one, so it was for four,now three. She didnt have it when Dom was evicted. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, F. M. said:

I thought this counted as one, so it was for four,now three. She didnt have it when Dom was evicted. 

Yes, she did have it when Dom was evicted. Jessica was on the block next to Dom and she took a chance by not using it during that eviction.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Why was Jessica dressed like a groupie for Poison? Or a member of Poison?

I thought Jessica looked like she a modeling the latest version of the Sexy Referee costume I see in the costume stores come Hallowe'en. 

Did Chenbot malfunction during the vote? I thought she said Cody was "spearheading" the Ramses boot. Maybe I heard wrong. 

Speaking of, that was a horrible dress on Julie. The nude fabric under the white netting was buckling and folding in weird places. Kinda takes the illusion away from the illusion look.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Did Chenbot malfunction during the vote? I thought she said Cody was "spearheading" the Ramses boot. Maybe I heard wrong. 

I heard it the same way you did. Julie misspoke.

• Love 6

Poor Chenbot!  A few yrs back in another group someone actually went to one of the shows and reported back.  He said Julie stands there and reads the teleprompter and never wavers from it.  He was surprised at how very scripted what she says is.  I don't think she can ad lib very well. I'm sure anything not expected to be said really does throw her.  It was fun to watch happen tonight!  I feel like a couple of her wires short circuited ;)

• Love 9
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

God Jessica is annoying.  She is just not half as cute as she thinks she is.

I love that one of Jillian's tattoos said "No Regerts."

"Nobody wanted to work with us this week"?  Shut your face Cody.  You two aren't the most likable people in that house.

*Shrug*  I like Paul.

You just left me as speechless as Julie.

About the Paul part of course. Him and Josh make me want to break things on a regular basis.

• Love 5

Everyone keeps saying that Paul will either put up Jess and Cody to flush out the hex OR put up two others, like Mark and Elena, so his HOH isn't a waste.

Why wouldn't he do something like Cody and Mark, and at least make Jessica decide whether to use it to save Her Man (Who Is Ruining Her Game) -- but not herself -- or gamble that Mark could become the bigger target and not use it? 

The outcome would likely be the same, but at least he wouldn't be rolling over for them: at worst, he'd have the same outcome of nullification of his week, and the Hex would be out, or he'd still have a shot at either of two other targets, and it forces Jess to lay out her cards.

(This isn't taking into consideration the third nominee comp: I was unclear as to whether this would take place before or after initial evictions. At first, I thought they'd learn about it AFTER, but I guess it makes more sense for them to do it first. Still, at least from Paul's (any HOH's) point of view as of NOW, I don't see why it wouldn't make more sense for him to split the couples.

The only potential fallout I can see would be that Cody might better align with Mark in that position, especially if Jess uses the hex. But, the one place I don't think Paul quite has his finger on the pulse right now is wrt Cody's distrust of Mark, so I don't know why that would be a  concern, plus it potentially keeps Jess out of veto.

Conversely, I guess the other concern is, if Jess and Cody don't go on the block together, Jess could get picked for veto*, win, and pull Cody down (which is what has always seemed lopsided about veto comps to me: if an on-the-block player wins, he/she only achieves safety for one person (presumably himself or herself) whereas if one of the others win it, he or she can choose to keep two people safe (himself/herself plus someone on the block).

Whatevs, with this "Choose to Play" Comp (sounds like a lottery ad), I guess all of this will ultimately be a moot point; I'm just trying to figure out if there's something very logical I'm missing in thinking about what would make the most sense* with the knowledge they currently possess, as it seems like most people are seeing it as an either/or thing. (And, apologies in advance if I've overgeneralized here or if I missed someone else already suggest/question as much).

Also, LOL to Elena's not risking overestimating her housemates' abilities and throwing the HOH on the first question: wasn't this the Comp someone (Paulie? Corey? I forget) TRIED to throw, but the combination of suckage of most HGs and his own (iirc) incorrect incorrect answers resulted in his winning?

So, damn, she didn't even pretend to try on this one as one usually does when throwing, presumably because she didn't trust that everyone else wouldn't do the same thing (intentionally or un-).

I suspect she probably could have won if she wanted--I was wondering what the tiebreaker would be if they kept going, as I thought a few more might hang in a bit longer. Maybe an over- under or Price-is-Right-style count on the total number of tattoos in all four pics? Even if she didn't know it, I can picture her being able to visualize and add them more quickly than Paul. But I guess that wouldn't be a good question after all, inasmuch as what counts as "one" tattoo? Like, even if you put Paul in front of me to count the number of tats on his chest, I'd have no idea if I should attempt to count (however many) discrete images, or just say "one" 'cause it just looks like a multicolored blob. Likewise, would, for example, Jillian's list of places be one or five? Etc.) Damn. Now I really wanna know what the tiebreaker woulda been! But I of course digress...) so I hope this doesn't come back to bite her in the ass.

Even more than a Codyless Jessica, I'd really like to see more of Elena's gameplay once she frees herself of the albatross that is Mark. Which is pretty ironic, considering that I spent a long time thinking that Mark--with all of his chess/deep-talk love--was the one with the brains, I've now realized that he is more of just a  post-pubescent, 'roided Josh**, while she's more of a Janelle, playing up her sexuality and hiding her brains.

Which, sadly, I think is one's best bet as a woman in this notoriously misogynistic house, especially a smart woman, and if it's mostly strategy and we get to see more of her non-bombshell side, I think I could have someone to get behind soon.

If that's how she presents in the real world, though, she's dead to me. (By "that," I mean hiding her [presumed] intellect to "appeal" more to, esp., men, not whether she adds the sensuality TO it; I ain't judging the latter inandof itself, esp if it's a natural part of her personality, which it seems to be; it's quite the contrast to Raven's constant posing (literally, although figuratively too, I guess), like she's a barely legal pin- up model desperately trying to look like she's comfortable at her first semi-nude shoot when she's actually so discomfited with herself that she needs to wear a heavy mask to hide behind. Elena, otoh, clearly owns/has spoken of her discomfiture with aspects of her appearance, while still being seemingly comfortable enough to assert her physicality in a way that seems true and not a character (or, like masked pin-up doll and or Annabelle:Creation, practically caricature) she's decided to portray in the house (natural/true in the sense of ifs being an authentic part of her personality, albeit not natural in the sense that there's obviously much artifice to her appearance, too; she just doesn't come across to me like she's trying to play someone/thing else, as Posthumously Awarded Miss Arkansassy 2018 does to me).

Of course, given Elena's apparent shock at the vote, she's either a great actor or I'm a greater idiot and projecting attributes she lacks wrt intelligence, as I don't know how she didn't figure this "blind"side out.

But realizing that being HOH would be a greater risk for her than not winning the safety it grants suggests to me that she picked up on what that dynamic suggested about others' perceptions of her "organic-team-[re]forming" (TM Motivational Liar Dominique) this week and wants to make it clear she's abandoning ship. (And, though Jess's hex-news-throwing could potentially jack up her Elana's game, I think the Be All You Can Be (or don't and chillax) Comp could be VERY good for her and her chance to save herself.

*Do we know how Christmas's present (forgot the name of her temptation) works if she's already selected to play veto but wants to use it to block someone else's playing rather than to ensure her own shot at it? (Like, in the above scenario, she wanted to prevent Jess from playing, or if trying to backdoor someone, but that person gets "randomly" selected for veto, if Christmas WEREN'T selected, she'd get to replace Jess or BD target with herself, but if Christmas got picked too/was ALSO playing veto (whether on the block or selection), can she still "replace" the veto competitor and thus shut them out of the opportunity to compete while limiting the field to five (or four, if then she wasn't cleared for that Comp (unless she's part of the most successful twin twist ever, and her secret twin, Winter Solctiss, could be the sixth...). Or does her getting selected nullify her power that week, even if it's to her detriment?

**Makes note to self: remember to thank mom for not naming me for a holiday I was born nearish (not sure when it fell the year I was born, but, as one gets at least a ten-day window  of the holiday to count, odds are good it would have been close enough, and I am so not a Chanukah Dreidel-Gelte. Or, if she'd actually followed the calendar, rather than just going with the, "Well, fuck, close enough," approach as Christmas's mother Mary Magdalene--I was born the day after Christmas (the holiday, not the person)--I'd be Boxing Daye. But then I'd just go by Xing[bot] for short, which would be awesome. Damn. New memo: fuck you, Mom.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Was Jessica not allowed to reveal that? 

It was entirely up to her if, and/or when, to reveal she had it and/or what it was.

6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

They couldn't do it before this wk because the previous eliminated hgs went into sequester.

Julie was gonna reveal the hex but Jessica threw her for a loop. She nearly short-circuited.?

I severely doubt Chenbot was going to take that piece of the game away from Jessica.  I think she was genuinely shocked that Jess did such a moronic thing.  I would bet anything that BB was super-pissed because her grandiosity ruined what could have been an all-time epic BB moment at the next eviction with Paul getting his, for once.

Jess got what she deserved by stupidly not putting Paul on the block.  In what universe would she and Cody, as a renewed and hated couple, not be the prime target of at least 10 of them?!  If she genuinely wanted Josh gone, she had to put up an untouchable.  I am absolutely taken back to when Janelle decided to try to work with Chilltown.  Stupid girl.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I severely doubt Chenbot was going to take that piece of the game away from Jessica.  I think she was genuinely shocked that Jess did such a moronic thing.  

Oops, i meant she was gonna reveal the punishment that went along with the hex. But really, I was just being facetious. I have no idea if julie had planned to reveal anything to the hgs.

@icemiser69, Raven's simpering, nauseating behavior when she votes would cause me to dislike her whether I also had non-episode reasons or not.

I don't agree that Cody and Jessica would run the house if Paul were evicted. The attempt at blindsiding them, shown in this episode, makes it clear that few in the house trust them. Their support base was wrecked by Cody's HOH. Now, if Paul had never come into the house at all, then I agree that Cody and Jessica might be running things.

• Love 2
(edited)

I TOLD Jessica to use the Veto. I told her!!! Why didn't she listen to me??? 

Oh well, I'm not super attached to Ramses, but I cannot STAND Josh and would have been happy to see him gone. I'm not anti-Paul. He's one of the few in that house actually PLAYING the game. But, at the same time, when things keep going his way it doesn't exactly make for thrilling TV. 

Hopefully he puts up Mark and Elena, because of knowing that Jess has the Temptation. Neither one of them is any more interesting than a box of hair. And Elena's shocked face looks exactly like a blow-up doll. 

Kevin's goodbye message was everything! He's still having Ramses for Thanksgiving dinner. I teared up, not gonna lie. 

Josh seriously creeps me out. The way he was gloating, and rolling around like a toddler who just got a Paw Patrol toy, in private - and then dropped immediately back into his "sad face" when he thought he heard someone coming - was chilling. Makes me wonder how much of his shit has been an act this entire time. 

Everyone always talks about Matt just wearing one shirt, but what about Jason? I swear, he's constantly in that Whistle-whatever-the-fuck-shirt. 

Speaking of Matt - I don't watch feeds or anything, but can someone let me in on what his relationship with Raven is really like?  Spoiler tag, if need be. Because when Paul told them to get in bed like usual, so he could talk to them, they could not have looked MORE awkward next to each other. There wasn't NO chemistry. It was like negative chemistry. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 6

Stupid of Jessica to reveal the hex, but she was determined to wipe that grin off Josh' face. Is there anyone besides Paul, who is actually playing this game?

Paul: "I think [insert player name here] is acting sketchy."

Rest of house: "You're right, they need to go. Tell us what to do."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't understand all of the Raven hate.  She hasn't done anything wrong during the televised episodes.  That's all that matters "here".  There was only one episode in which she talked about her medical condition.  What goes on beyond the episodes isn't relevant "here".  I don't watch the feeds or read spoilers.

I don't watch feeds or read spoilers and I couldn't stand her from day one. The cutesty melon balls on her head were enough to set me off. I just find her obnoxious. And she also seems like a moron who has no game. 

• Love 9

I thought Josh did a good job acting like he was going to go, especially at the live vote.  He even sat forward and adjusted his jacket as if he were going to stand, and he did it with a completely straight face...which makes him even more unhinged, IMO.

Kevin must've brought 10 suitcases full of clothes...either that, or he is a master of accessorizing.  I swear, now that I've been paying closer attention, the man has not repeated an outfit yet.  The heck with the Chenbot - I tune in to see what Kevin is wearing.

13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Speaking of Matt - I don't watch feeds or anything, but can someone let me in on what his relationship with Raven is really like?  Spoiler tag, if need be. Because when Paul told them to get in bed like usual, so he could talk to them, they could not have looked MORE awkward next to each other. There wasn't NO chemistry. It was like negative chemistry. 

++1, I don't get what is going on there.  Did they pair off because all the other hotties were taken?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Kevin must've brought 10 suitcases full of clothes...either that, or he is a master of accessorizing.  I swear, now that I've been paying closer attention, the man has not repeated an outfit yet.  The heck with the Chenbot - I tune in to see what Kevin is wearing.

Yessss. Kevin is the enigma that keeps on giving. At this point, I give fuck all about what happens in the house. I just want Kevin segments. 

#ifkevinisevictedweriot

• Love 10

Paul: "I think [insert player name here] is acting sketchy."

Rest of house: "You're right, they need to go. Tell us what to do."

Yep.  They seem to have no game plans of their own unless he directs them.  Maybe once he begins picking THEM off one by one, someone will wise up.

I used to favor Alex as a smart player, but then she crawled up Paul's butt, obviously found it comfy and decided to move in.   I've lost all respect for her.  Unless she's playing a long con...but I somehow doubt it.

• Love 3