Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E15: Live Eviction #4

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I TOLD Jessica to use the Veto. I told her!!! Why didn't she listen to me??? 

I hate that they can't hear me screaming at the TV!!!  I'm pretty sure the neighbors can hear it.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

It was wrecked, because Cody's attempted blindside of Paul didn't work.  If it worked, the group would have stayed together, even if they felt betrayed.   Cody could have attempted to explain it all away.  Granted, Cody's social game is horrible, but his plan would have worked.

Ah, okay, I understand. I thought you were saying that if Paul were evicted now, Jessica and Cody would be running the house. I agree that if Cody's ploy had worked then he and Jessica would have been running things at that point. But not now.

@ghoulina, Matt and Raven's relationship is

Spoiler

odd. During the day they pick on each other, ostensibly playfully but I think Matt actually means it and can't stand Raven. And then at night, they fuck. I agree with you that they have anti-chemistry and that is true on the feeds as well as on the show.

• Love 3

High points:

• Jason pretending to feel intimidated & concerned while Cody ranted & made threats;
  • The Jodica Epic Elimination Fail;
  • Two short bursts of Josh managing to act sane;
  • No Cody HOH;
  • Christmas looked gorgeous & seems to be in less pain;
  • If I counted correctly, Jessica twice used the term "Cody and I" correctly.  Probably by accident, but still...
  • Love 2

As a newbie to BB it seems blatantly obvious to me that there's behind the scenes interference.  Mild mannered,  nontoxic HGs are voted out to make more room for the likes of loudmouth Paul and his devotees ... which I guess production feels are more entertaining?   Why on earth didn't Jess put Paul, Christmas or Alex on the block?   Josh is annoying but he doesn't have the brains to be dangerous.

When Kevin goes... I'll stop watching.  He's gold.  Love the  plastic wrap scene.  Wish there was more of that and less Paul barking in the DR.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Boilergal said:

I hate that they can't hear me screaming at the TV!!!  I'm pretty sure the neighbors can hear it.

My hubby always has to come caution me that I'm going to wake the kids up. 

Except for when I watch Survivor. My boys watch with me and then the screaming gets REALLY loud. 

38 minutes ago, Michichick said:

@ghoulina, Matt and Raven's relationship is

Reveal hidden contents

odd. During the day they pick on each other, ostensibly playfully but I think Matt actually means it and can't stand Raven. And then at night, they fuck. I agree with you that they have anti-chemistry and that is true on the feeds as well as on the show.

Thank you! I do not get it, but whatever....

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Michichick said:

This is Jessica's last week to use the Hex anyway, so no harm in spilling the beans now. Edited: I'm wrong, I don't think this is her last week to use the Hex.

I thought she had one more week? I thought it was for four weeks. So last week, this week, next week and then the following week.

I think announcing it is brilliant. If Paul puts them up, he wastes his HoH. It would be even more fun for Paul to put them up, have one of them win Veto, remove themselves, and then really target the pawn. There are a good number of folks in the house who people would be happy to go after. Mark and Elena could be gone if Cody and Jessica lobby on the idea that they can vote someone out or waste the week. Raven could easily be in trouble if she goes up. Josh might be a vote they can kind of control but would you want to be in the Jury house with him?

Worst case scenario, Jess has to play the halting hex. Best case scenario, they manage to get someone out of the house who they don't like. Either way, Paul is going to be pissed that he doesn't have the control that he wants and he does not have guaranteed safety next week because he cannot be HoH. Since they don't know about the temptation competition, the threat of next week will scare Paul silly.

• Love 1

Liked the episode, like the season--just the right number of characters.  My distaste for Josh is tempered by some concern, but I can see why they cast him.  Jessica's vocal fry hurts my ears, but at least they aren't bleeding from the ground glass of Nicole's nasal whine.  I really enjoy Kevin, the "mature" player who miraculously escaped elimination for lacking a six-pack.

Block me if you want, but I think the show is more interesting due to the guys from North of the Wall and the Dallas Book Depository.

And every now and then one of the others pops up and does something mildly interesting before melting back into anonymity.  Oh, hi.  Bye now.

Between segments, there's always the fun of trying to catch Julie shift her feet out of pageant position.

Basically, it's got a good beat; I can dance to it.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Paul has to make sure that the Halting Hex gets played.  He has to do all that he can to force it out now.  That wouldn't be a wasted week, because that would remove the only card that Jessica can play.  If he avoids Jessica entirely, that just allows her to play it later in the game.  Plus, the way she explained her Temptation win, just gives Paul more of an incentive to force her to play it now.  Her explanation of the Halting Hex was garbage, and just put a bigger target on herself.

She has one more week to use it so why not introduce some paranoia and tension into the week? She said that Cody and she were safe because of the temptation but didn't say why. That leaves Paul and comp to come up with a variety of reasons why they might be safe. If she ends up using the hex, it is not a huge deal since it had an expiration date. The recent vote alienated Matt and Elena from Paul's group and drove them further into Jessica and Cody's alliance. Christmas is going to be in an interesting place. So Paul's plan for Ramses might have cost him three votes.

Paul puts up Jessica and Cody. One of them wins the Veto and pulls themselves down. So now there are potentially four votes (Mark, Elena, Christmas and Jessica/Cody). If Paul nominates Mark, Elena or Christmas her loses their votes for the rest of the game. That leaves Paul with Alex, Jason, Josh, Matt and Raven. While Paul can control them, none of them are really going to be able to help him. I am not sure Kevin is willing to stick with Paul. Kevin seems to like Jessica and could very easily be swayed to work with her.

Jessica plays the hex, and now she has a alliance that includes Cody, Matt, Elena. Potentially it includes Christmas with Kevin floating about. Anyone of them win the HoH and Josh and someone else is up on the block and Paul's numbers go down.

She is using it as much as a psychological tool as she is a tool to stop the eviction.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Paul has to make sure that the Halting Hex gets played.  He has to do all that he can to force it out now.  That wouldn't be a wasted week, because that would remove the only card that Jessica can play. 

He wastes his HOH on someone that can't be voted out and now she'll take down 3 people. Instead of targeting someone else. It's a wasted HOH, his 2nd HOH where nobody goes home. 

He also is keeping them/Marlena in there next week when he can't win HOH. So he better hope Raven or Matt can beat Cody?? lol

(edited)
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

• If I counted correctly, Jessica twice used the term "Cody and I" correctly.  Probably by accident, but still...

That's because she (and others) use Cody and I no matter what the sentence structure is. She's bound to be right sometimes. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It really is annoying how they do whatever Paul says. He tells Raven and Mark to jump into the bed; they do it. He tells Josh to stop with the f-bombs; he stops.

I've also read of other examples people have mentioned on twitter.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, backformore said:

I do wonder about something -  "meatball"  is considered an ethnic slur against Italians.  I don't know if Cody and Jessica are Italian at all, but regardless, I'm surprised that it is allowed on the show.  

I do not take the term "meatball" as being an ethnic slur, I think he's is using it like "meathead"...there's other type of meatballs besides Italian meatballs!

Just my opinion but I feel these people all follow a strong person in the game because they do not really know the game...They are just there to be on TV & look for a showmance.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The vast majority of the house aren't playing the game.   Even if Paul wasn't there, I don't think the vast majority of the house would play the game.  If Alex were to attempt to form an alliance,  I don't think she would have been able to woo over the vast majority of Cody's initial alliance.  Paul was able to play the "betrayed", can't be trusted card. 

As for Raven, she isn't getting that much TV time, she doesn't bother me that much. 

Oh I agree with your first statement. I am not a Paul hater. I don't blame him one bit for running that house, when they're all essentially letting him. My comment about Raven had nothing to do with Paul. I am glad she's not shown a lot, because then I'd likely find her even more grating. 

1 hour ago, candall said:

I really enjoy Kevin, the "mature" player who miraculously escaped elimination for lacking a six-pack.

Hey now, Cling Wrap at night keeps everything tight!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jess revealing that hex was awesome. Paul's face fell!

Except Jessica wasn't really revealing anything. We heard Paul at the end of last week's episode very clearly telling people that he knew Jessica had won the Temptation. So he wasn't blindsided by it at all, maybe just surprised that she had chosen to reveal it openly. I also think he's well aware that she's exaggerating about her and Cody being safe for a few weeks. If I were him, I'd definitely put up Cody and Mark/Elena. That way, either you get rid of one of her allies or she uses the Temptation and it's now out of play

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't watch feeds or read spoilers and I couldn't stand her from day one. The cutesty melon balls on her head were enough to set me off. I just find her obnoxious. And she also seems like a moron who has no game. 

I skim through the live feeds thread just enough to see who won comps but I'm with @ghoulina.  I don't like Raven just from watching her on the episodes. And the insanely loud, screechy "Hi Juuuuliiiiieeeeeee!" when she votes is enough to earn my dislike. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Hey now, Cling Wrap at night keeps everything tight!

There ya go!  I share some sort of kinship with Kevin because, in high school, I tried to sleep in a pair of "Sauna Shorts." 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mojoween said:

I'm so irritated with Kevin for ruining the blindside.  I was so looking forward to Jessica and Cody in shock and instead it completely fizzled.

I think Jess had guessed, its a shame she didn't use the POV. Then shrieking meatball would have gone home.

1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

there's other type of meatballs besides Italian meatballs!

MMmm what would a party be without those tasty Swedish Meatballs on a toothpick?

I think we're talking a lot about flushing/making Jessica play her advantage but she actually the only one (beside Cody) that knows it's something she gets to play. Since she equated it to Paul's those in the house may assume it's a power that is just active, not something that she can 'play' at any elimination. So I'm pretty sure they aren't thinking of needing a Survivor 'flush the idol' type plan to combat her power. We know that they should do so but the HG don't since, as previously stated, they never seem to hear us screaming at our screens.

So I think it's the best play to just knock out an ally in the house and that means putting up Elena and Magilla Gorilla. Here's a portrait of Mark I got off the innernets (the build, the round head and especially the smile makes me think of him every time):

mark.jpg.25e53cb5e6974bc6c58176b53b9d24ba.jpg

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I pulled this from an earlier post of mine, and I think this is how Paul should play it.

For veto, Paul needs to put up Jessica and Mark or Elena.  Leave Cody off.  That should flush the Temptation spell.

This merits further explanation. 

If Cody or Jessica win POV, Jessica would get pulled off the eviction block.

Then, Paul needs to make sure Mark and Elena are on the eviction block.  If Elena is up for eviction, I think Jessica would use her Temptation spell.  Paul has no control over who goes up as the third nominee for eviction.

ETA:  The worst thing Paul can have in the game is for the house to get paranoid.  He needs to flush that Temptation out now, and I fully expect him to do so.

This episode pretty much showed that Mark and Elana are now with team Cody and Jessica.  From this episode that seems to be just a four player alliance.  Cody and Jessica need Mark and Elana to stay in the house.  Of course, now that Paul is back in charge, maybe Mark will sidle back over to him.

First ,I don't care what Paul needs or doesn't need. But let's have some fireworks! I watched BBUK, its dull now, but wow, heavy duty drama! I want paranoia!:)  this is such a snooze fest. If he flushes that out, then what? I don't think anyone else talks game.zzzzzz?

I'm getting very close to dropping The Paul Show from my DVR.  I just get angry at everything he does, says, wears, his face, his beard, his yelling, that head bobbing...    I can't take much more.          

Add to that a jubilant, unstable man-baby and this show is the opposite of fun. 

Yeah - I'm out for at least a week. I'm so sick of the freaking Paul Show. It's bad enough we have to hear from him every other minute when he's not HoH, and now he is. I just can't stand the sight of him anymore, I have to turn away and cringe every time I see his stupid face and stupid tattoos and stupid beard. 

Then there's that moron Josh who thinks "meatball" is so funny he probably thinks when he gets out of the house that's going to be his catchphrase or something, and he'll have groupies and fans wearing "meatball" t-shirts. 

This could have been an interesting season but Paul ruined it. Ordinarily I would find myself rooting so hard against people like Cody and Jessica but because of Paul I'm actually rooting for the very type of people I'd normally hate. That's how awful this season is. 

I'll check the highlights just in case there's a chance Paul is evicted but until then I don't think I can stomach another minute of this.

• Love 6

Goddamn you, WS!  I was wondering how long it would be before someone put Magilla Gorilla's face up there!  I'm not sure if you were the one that started calling him that, but I can't look at him now without LMAO.

LOVED Jessica blurting out that she has the Temptation and the looks on everyone's faces.

Heh... sorry about that but yeah like the editors play Christmas bells (and now the squeeks of her little cart) I see Mark smile and I start singing the Magilla Gorilla theme song. I can't help it. I mentioned it a ways back, but didn't post a pic...

• Love 3

I've been a BB watcher since season 2 - although I've cherry picked through the past 10 seasons off and on.  I used to be a devoted TWOP forum poster.  However, I made the mistake of watching the first couple episodes of season "19" and while it's too stupid and boring to "hate watch" - I find there's something oddly magnetic about seeing the hamsters do the same crap every other season has done.  I DO feel dirty and disappointed in myself after watching an episode - so there is that.

Yes, I know this show is scripted as it meanders through its mediocrity, but why why why must TPTB keep bringing back old meat from previous seasons?  Has that ever been enjoyable?  Especially, badly tattooed and high decibel spewing meat?

True to form, Chenbot's outfit was horrifying.  It was like Leeloo Dallas vs. fishnet and re-purposed vertical blinds for the skirt.  She did seem taken aback when Jessica revealed the hex.  Julie was like "fine, step on my lines!  Bye bitches!"

Kevin is the only one that is somewhat tolerable.  Although, I can't get over the hipster haircut and wonky tats on a guy in his mid 50's.  He seems to be trying too hard to be 30 years younger.

Josh is just all kinds of delusional.  In his mind, he is the star of this show (and has acted as such since day 1).

The pairing off of 6 people almost after walking in the door is another trope that I can't believe has not died.  I don't recall any showmance couple ever getting past mid season.  Do any of these people realize this makes them annoying and/or boring to watch?

Poor Ramses!  Talk about getting rid of the chaff too early...  what kind of a threat was he? I blame this useless eviction on Jessica and Crayzee Eyes putting up crappy nominations.  Pawns that nobody is gonna miss seem to always go early.  Josh shouldn't have been nominated just because he annoys Jessica - they should have tried for Loudmouth Joe and the bald cowboy.

Well, another week of Joe yelling at the camera in the DR and his groupies kissing his butt.

• Love 1

LOL @ Loudmouth Joe.

Julie was hummina-hummina-humminad at Jessica's announcement, wasn't she?

Why in the bluedilly fuck is Xmas still there?  She's as useless as a cat's whisker, scooting around and talking shit.

Every time I see Kevin I feel like I'm watching Goodfellas.  And he knows songs that I had forgotten about (Knockin' Boots by Candyman, Shaggy's It Wasn't Me), with 7 kids there is no way he's out of touch.  I would love for him to take Joe out.

• Love 2
(edited)

Temptation Competition - consequence for Halting Hex is three weeks of a comp before nominations (on Fridays, to air on Sundays). They can choose to compete or not, but HOH does not compete. Winner is safe from eviction that week, loser is third nominee. If third nominee comes off with veto, they won't be replaced.

How exciting. NOT!

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The vast majority of the house aren't playing the game.   Even if Paul wasn't there, I don't think the vast majority of the house would play the game. 

I... don't know about that.  Unfortunately we never will, because several of the Production machinations thus far (specifically, the Pendant of Ass Protection, the Battle Back, and now the Halting Hex) come off as being uniquely targeted to keep the House locked for the past MONTH in a neverending death embrace between Paul and Cody, the two HGs Production has decided are the only true alphas this season.  Which relegates the rest of the HGs to scenery and prop roles.  Hopefully at some point either Paul or Cody will be the target of an eviction which actually sticks, but that's barely even an option for at least the next couple of weeks.

If Alex were to attempt to form an alliance,  I don't think she would have been able to woo over the vast majority of Cody's initial alliance.

I agree; all things considered, Alex's social game is simply... just not that good.  Other HGs are friendly with Alex, sure - but (again) we're a month in, and she still has no solid relationships except with Jason - who she had at the start.  Alex has taken one stab at an original alliance - which consisted of Alex, Megan, Jillian and Ramses.  Notice anything funny about that list...?  ;)

29 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I thought she had one more week? I thought it was for four weeks. So last week, this week, next week and then the following week.

Correct; two more weeks.  Which, if I'm guessing correctly, means the Hex (if not already played) will expire halfway through a DE episode.

29 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I think announcing it is brilliant. If Paul puts them up, he wastes his HoH.

I wouldn't count flushing the Hex out as meaningless game-wise; at least, it would have more significance than another week wasted on nonentity evictions. 

Paul has zero choice but to nom Cody and Jessica.  Whichever one might could come down, the other would remain, forcing Jessica to invoke the Hex.  No way can Paul allow her to retain the Hex - especially with a double eviction looming anytime now.

Production definitely put it on Paul to save Josh.  The degree to which Ramses was more of a threat to him was not worth the further antagonizing of Cody and Jessica.  The hamsters really did not like lying so boldly about their votes.  Paul needed to dial it down and instead, he stirred it all up.  Again.

Then there's that moron Josh who thinks "meatball" is so funny he probably thinks when he gets out of the house that's going to be his catchphrase or something, and he'll have groupies and fans wearing "meatball" t-shirts. 

The ironic thing is that Josh is much more like a meatball than Cody with his big fat head and soft weak body.  Cody is more like short ribs. Mark is like a buffalo. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

I've been a BB watcher since season 2 - although I've cherry picked through the past 10 seasons off and on.  I used to be a devoted TWOP forum poster.  However, I made the mistake of watching the first couple episodes of season "19" and while it's too stupid and boring to "hate watch" - I find there's something oddly magnetic about seeing the hamsters do the same crap every other season has done.  I DO feel dirty and disappointed in myself after watching an episode - so there is that.

Yes, I know this show is scripted as it meanders through its mediocrity, but why why why must TPTB keep bringing back old meat from previous seasons?  Has that ever been enjoyable?  Especially, badly tattooed and high decibel spewing meat?

True to form, Chenbot's outfit was horrifying.  It was like Leeloo Dallas vs. fishnet and re-purposed vertical blinds for the skirt.  She did seem taken aback when Jessica revealed the hex.  Julie was like "fine, step on my lines!  Bye bitches!"

Kevin is the only one that is somewhat tolerable.  Although, I can't get over the hipster haircut and wonky tats on a guy in his mid 50's.  He seems to be trying too hard to be 30 years younger.

Josh is just all kinds of delusional.  In his mind, he is the star of this show (and has acted as such since day 1).

The pairing off of 6 people almost after walking in the door is another trope that I can't believe has not died.  I don't recall any showmance couple ever getting past mid season.  Do any of these people realize this makes them annoying and/or boring to watch?

Poor Ramses!  Talk about getting rid of the chaff too early...  what kind of a threat was he? I blame this useless eviction on Jessica and Crayzee Eyes putting up crappy nominations.  Pawns that nobody is gonna miss seem to always go early.  Josh shouldn't have been nominated just because he annoys Jessica - they should have tried for Loudmouth Joe and the bald cowboy.

Well, another week of Joe yelling at the camera in the DR and his groupies kissing his butt.

Jeff and Jordan.  Rachel and Brendon.  Daniele and Dom. (only to be fair they were just best friends on the show but later married. 
And don't forget the best bromance ever....Dr. Will and Boogie

• Love 1

I hate Paul.  I hate his voice. I hate his face. I hate his stupid fur collared shirts.  I hate his tats.  I hate his beard which I think is covering a lack of neck.  That is all.

• Love 8
On 28/07/2017 at 7:05 AM, Suzysite said:

Yep.  They seem to have no game plans of their own unless he directs them.  Maybe once he begins picking THEM off one by one, someone will wise up.

I used to favor Alex as a smart player, but then she crawled up Paul's butt, obviously found it comfy and decided to move in.   I've lost all respect for her.  Unless she's playing a long con...but I somehow doubt it.

I had such faith in Alex, she came across strong, and ready to play. She joined up with the house leader, and  now follows his lead. Darn shame. Please take the bloody cat ears off Akex, they aren't cute!.

3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I hate Paul.  I hate his voice. I hate his face. I hate his stupid fur collared shirts.  I hate his tats.  I hate his beard which I think is covering a lack of neck.  That is all.

Me too, he's an egomaniacal man child, short and loud.

On 28/07/2017 at 4:27 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

The ironic thing is that Josh is much more like a meatball than Cody with his big fat head and soft weak body.

He's dense and weak, cries at the drop of a hat, or pot and pan...

• Love 2