Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiancé: What Now?

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'm not going to speculate about a baby. Fend for yourselves on this one..

Well there's sure a lot of emotion at that link.  Did she think we wouldn't notice?  Not that it matters a bit, but it's just an odd situation, especially with no explanation at all.  

I get the feeling that Matt's brother has been the one say things that instigated all three of his divorces. Gawd forbid that Matt not be available to go drinking and hang out at the drop of a hat. 

Why can't they keep the house in the country as a vacation home or weekend home and rent something in the city until Alla finishes school and then move back?  Of course that's really rough on a little boy to have to change schools.  Cosmetology school couldn't possibly be longer than two years maximum.  Maybe it would be an option to rent a little apartment for Alla during the week to reduce her commute? 

Josh's family must have plenty of money for them to be able to afford to put Alexandra in braces while he still in school, she is taking classes, with a new baby, and no one working.  Of course if they were going to spring for braces, they could've gone all the way and gotten her some clear braces. (Unless her teeth were too wonky for those. I know more severe corrections can't be done with clear aligners.)

• Love 4

Last night the second hour of Before the 90 Days consisted of airing the updates of these couples that didn't make it to the Happily Ever After series. I guess enough people weren't watching them on the TLC Go app so they forced them on us on TV. 

I didn't watch Season 1 so I had no idea who Alan/Kirlyam were but they seemed the most contented and drama free of the whole bunch.  

Matt said Alla is going to cosmetology school and hates the long commute so she's forcing him to give up the lake house he loves to move to Cincinnati. There isn't a single cosmetology school closer? He's a shlub that's going to be dominated by his wife forever.

They blurred out the baby's face, but it was obvious that child could not be the offspring of two white people. Why not just own it then instead of making up stupid stories. Alecksandra was pregnant when she married Josh and he's raising a bi-racial baby. 

Narkiya deserves what she gets with Lowo. He catfishes her, cheats on her, admits to it and she marries him anyway. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, orangeiguana said:

Because the baby is black and Josh is white.

This is something they need to explain.  Just tell us something that makes sense, or else don't be on the show.  It was as startling as if she had walked in with a fish on her head, and it's not something they can fail to address.  

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

OMG I am so dense.  Did not notice at all!!!!

They don't allow pictures of the baby's face on social media, but they are "findable"; I didn't watch the show when this couple was featured, but did read after a bit of googling that Alexsandra's BF is a black gentleman who traveled with her.  And rumors are that the baby was a "preemie" . . . 

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Why do you say this?  I didn't notice anything about the baby.  

They obscured they baby's features on the show so as not to raise controversy.  However, there are pictures on the internet and the topic is discussed on a spoiler thread if you care to look.  "WHAT NOW? DIGITAL SERIES AKA COUPLES NOT INTERESTING ENOUGH FOR "HAPPILY EVER AFTER?"

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

OMG I am so dense.  Did not notice at all!!!!

That's because the baby's face was blurred out in every shot. I don't follow many reality TV folks outside the show, but apparently, Alex posted some pics on IG or FB of the baby after she was born and people started commenting on how the baby was mixed or black. She took down the pics and now when they show the baby, it's blurred out. They say it's for privacy, but she obviously wasn't concerned with privacy until it caused a stir on the Internet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Kirlyam is still adorable and they seem super happy to be having a baby. Matt knows Portugese so he can talk to her family. (Our friend Paul should do the same).

Good to know that Matt's friend I-forget-his-name is still Eyoreing about Matt and Alla. Methinks he just doesn't like that his buddy is married and has less time to spend with him in his man cave. Alla's son Max is cute and he certainly has picked up English. I get that Matt's lake house is his dream, but 170 miles a day to too far. And Alla doesn't want to live in the country. Hopefully they can keep the lake house and move closer to a city. 

Narkiya I just ignore because the whole situation is stupid. 

So Josh and Alex have a baby who is clearly not Josh's. I don't know if Josh is gay or not and I don't care. I am concerned at his family's reaction to the baby. I also didn't realize they were living in OKC while Josh was still in school. Now that they are back in Rexburg, I am guessing that Alex cannot wait for him to get accepted into med school. I wonder if Josh's plan is to move back to Rexburg after he gets his MD. I can't believe that Alex would want that long term, exp because I doubt that mixed race babies are accepted in that neck of the woods. How did Alex get pg by someone else after she was married? Or was she pg at their wedding. I don't know the specific dates. It's hard to figure out.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sprockets said:

It sounded like they had agreed she would stay there.  For all we know, he told her he had a spare bedroom.  

I don't think so, they showed him asking her if she got a hotel and then she dropped the news that she would staying in his bed and he'd be sleeping on the couch. 

13 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

They say it's for privacy, but she obviously wasn't concerned with privacy until it caused a stir on the Internet. 

Yeah, the producers don't blur out anyone else's kids. Only the shameful half-black kid.  It's kind of racist.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

I don't think so, they showed him asking her if she got a hotel and then she dropped the news that she would staying in his bed and he'd be sleeping on the couch. 

Yeah, the producers don't blur out anyone else's kids. Only the shameful half-black kid.  It's kind of racist.

I am certain that they are doing it at the request of Alex and Josh.

• Love 15

if Matt and Alla living in his dream house on a lake and she has to drive 140+ miles a day to attend cosmetology school, where does her son go to school? Is that lake house in the middle of nowhere?  My first thought was Alla's schooling will not go on forever, eventually she will get a job closer to the lake but more importantly, they should look at the better school districts for her son if the lake area is not working for them.

• Love 1

so was last night's hour-long "episode" just the online stuff strung together? 

Alan and Kirlyam are still my favorite couple that have ever appeared on this show.  And I actually ended up liking Melanie and Devar a lot more that I originally thought I would.  But her hair always bothers me...it's so thick and heavy.  I thought it was better blonde than dark.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Her Biological father is black. Her step-dad is Cuban, he's the only one we've ever seen. 

Where did you see that?  I never saw or heard anything about her biological father.  But if that was the case, you would see "something" of African ancestry in Aleksandra herself.  African genes are pretty dominant.  My vote is for Josh is not the father.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I saw it on various boards. It's being discussed heavily on Facebook and she has addressed it herself. She looks more like her mother than her father. It happens.

Any number of searches I do only show that her parents are the ones depicted on the show and the white man who is her father really is her father, not a stepfather.  And Aleksandra says her daughter looks like her mother, not her father.  To me it's just speculation that her biological dad is anyone else.  Maybe the show will address it, but I doubt it.

• Love 3

So.... Alek is trying to say that her bio dad is a black cuban? Nope. I'm not buying what Alek is selling. Nope.

I am reminded of one of my fave shows King of the Hill where Nancy told Dale Joseph is so dark because he (Dale) has a Jamaican grandmother. 

tumblr_o0uxsuWWV81qd6626o1_r1_1280.png

• Love 21

In the Call the Midwife books, a beloved neighborhood figure marries late, and marries a woman unworthy of him, who cheats on him with a West Indian guy. It is obvious when the baby is born. But Beloved Figure falls in love with the baby, and with being a father, something he thought would never happen. He never questioned, never raised an eyebrow, he just said "oh, isn't he lovely?" and was proud as Punch of "my boy Ted", who was his constant companion and source of pride to him. His neighbors and friends kept their own counsel and accepted the boy because his father loved him. If they laughed or thought him foolish, they kept it to themselves. It was really touching. This was the East End of London, in the 50's. That's what Alexandra and Josh's story reminds me of, in a way.

But that "born premature" story holds no water whatsoever. Unless Alexandra had no prenatal care and birthed the baby under a tree. There is no way her doctor and the labor and delivery team didn't know if the baby was full term or not. And what about the medical records? The whole thing is ridiculous.

• Love 6

Regarding Matt and Alla...could it be that the lake house is in his name only and would not be a part of community property in case of a divorce as he bought it before they married?  If they bought a new house, it would be part of a divorce settlement should that happen.  Of course, I'm just being silly because ALL of the couples featured in every iteration of this show married solely for love...  And, I agree with others that if Max is doing well at school and has made friends (which he himself mentioned) it would not be in his best interest to change schools.

I think if I were going to school very far away from where I live, which happens to be in a nice house on a lake, I would find a new school--not a new home. But hey, that's just me.

It's not like she's going to Yale and has dreamed all her life of going to Yale, has studied and gotten the excellent grades and perhaps a scholarship and has finally been accepted. It's a cosmetology school, for crissakes. They have them in malls.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Regarding Matt and Alla...could it be that the lake house is in his name only and would not be a part of community property in case of a divorce as he bought it before they married?  If they bought a new house, it would be part of a divorce settlement should that happen.  Of course, I'm just being silly because ALL of the couples featured in every iteration of this show married solely for love...  And, I agree with others that if Max is doing well at school and has made friends (which he himself mentioned) it would not be in his best interest to change schools.

No, it doesn't work like that. They have to pay ongoing property taxes on the house, plus utilities, repairs, etc. That makes it hers, too. Unless those things are being paid for from an alternate source of money that is not his job, her job, child support or the show (eg., an inheritance or interest from premarital funds).

I was wondering when Aleksandra would get braces! And there they are. That was her only real flaw.

Aleksandra said several times during their season that she was a "bad person." I guess she and Josh are just at different places in their journey.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

So.... Alek is trying to say that her bio dad is a black cuban? Nope. I'm not buying what Alek is selling. Nope.

No, she is saying her father is black, her step-father is Cuban. If she says that's the way it is, I'll go with her story until some dude comes out and proclaims he's the real father.

• Love 2

Holyyyyyy shit on the paternity if the baby. Josh is NOT the bio dad of that child. My mother had an expression for someone who had that prim and proper Duggar-esque trance sing song language and it was "They wouldn't say the word 'shit' even if they had a mouthful of it". It occurs to me that Josh might not even know the difference and even if he did may not have said a word about the appearance of the baby. And part of me says that is good for the betterment of that beautiful child  and part of me is just stunned for down the road when she is a older and asks because people in Rexburg don't look like her and she will eventually learn genetics in bio class.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Holyyyyyy shit on the paternity if the baby. Josh is NOT the bio dad of that child.

Yes.  This is a TV show, and the producers should not be pulling this "nothing to see here" crap with us.  They need to either explain this toute de suite or not show the baby again.  And all this righteous indignation from the mother in regard to viewers' natural curiosity is not going to fly.  If you want a private life, don't be on TV.  

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Alla is being selfish. Her son is in school, making friends. They are out of the city, pollution, traffic. Couldn't she just grin and bear it for a year or however long it takes her to finish?

We know so very little about the decision-making process here.  I wouldn't blame her for wanting to get some distance from his family, though.  

Just now, bethster2000 said:

The biggest problem for her is that her husband is gay.

He could just be asexual, or downright weird.  Same problem for her.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, loloandco said:

Josh and Aleksandra went from being the most boring to one of the more interesting couples, assuming more details of their, um, situation are revealed. 

I seriously doubt they will ever utter one word of explanation.  To anyone, including the child.  

56 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I guess I'm old because if I had a house on the lake, I'd fight tooth and nail to hang onto it before I'd move into the city.

That doesn't mean you're old.  It means your priorities are different from theirs.  Is the house by the lake where he lived with a previous wife?  I would find that reason enough to not want to live there, if I were her.  

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

That doesn't mean you're old.  It means your priorities are different from theirs.  Is the house by the lake where he lived with a previous wife?  I would find that reason enough to not want to live there, if I were her.

Thank you for that. :)

I have no idea where he's lived with his past 3 wives. But if the house were nice enough I wouldn't mind if my spouse's ex lived there. I guess I don't fear the ex will jump out at me from behind a door, butcher knife in hand. I'd redecorate the master bedroom, definitely.

• Love 4
On 7/31/2017 at 3:19 PM, TigerLily20 said:

I posted in the old S1 thread for Alan and Kirylam but he is one that I think looks a lot better with a beard, not so....odd looking?  Made him look closer to her age I think, and I'm not much of a beard person.  I was happy for them, I haven't watched the rest yet.

I love him with the beard! I think he looks much better with it.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

I think if I were going to school very far away from where I live, which happens to be in a nice house on a lake, I would find a new school--not a new home. But hey, that's just me.

It's not like she's going to Yale and has dreamed all her life of going to Yale, has studied and gotten the excellent grades and perhaps a scholarship and has finally been accepted. It's a cosmetology school, for crissakes. They have them in malls.

She doesn't like the isolation of the town they live in, it's not just about school.  She's from Kirov, a big city. Josh's wife said the same thing. They are used to walking out the door and having people around. They feel isolated. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to live where either one of them lives. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Alan has greatly improved. Doesn't seem to be the control freak he was in their season. Remember her modeling job and he shows up with smoke coming out of his horns?

He seems more secure.  She's pregnant and happy.  He doesn't have to worry about some big Hollywood type coming around and stealing her.  

• Love 2

Kirlyam is lovely.  Was impressed at how well her husband speaks Portuguese, but as I understand, he had worked as a missionary in Brazil. They seem like a very sweet and happy couple.  Kirlyam is GLOWING!

Duggars, word to your mother, missionaries actually learn the language of a country before they go there.  I think Alan did more than hand out DumDums and perform interpretive dance very badly.  Paul, take a lesson from Alan and learn some Portuguese.  Karine's English already outpaces your Portuguese. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Alan has greatly improved. Doesn't seem to be the control freak he was in their season. Remember her modeling job and he shows up with smoke coming out of his horns?

Those two really come across as the MVPs for this entire series. 

• Love 1

From what I hear in Cincinnati, Alla is going to a costly ($20k) Aveda cosmotology school in West Chester, OH (northern exburbs of Cincinnati).  Graduating from Aveda Fredric's Institute can open the door to employment at the high-end salons in Cincinnati.  She is totally going to leave him as so as she secures a stable job after graduation. If she wanted to do hair, she could go to hair schools closer to the lake house.  She picked the best school in hopes to make a top salary (for hair stylists in the region) so that she can support her son on her own.  Bye bye Matt. 

• Love 9

Memories of A Mormon Bachelor Party: Little Caesars' Pizza and video games!  I still see the look of utter disbelief on Aleks' Dad's face.  What a bunch of losers.  Someone needs to tell Aleks some wisdom from the pen of a Mr. William Joel: I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints; the sinners are much more fun...

And they don't look down their prudish faces at you at some sadistic Bible study nonsense at dawn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I just caught this on TLC tonight and I'm going to devil's advocate the Josh/Aleks situation.  My son is white, his father and I are both white and everyone on both sides of our families are white as far as we know.  He has super fair, burn in 10 minutes skin with light brown hair and blue eyes. My daughter in law has black hair, blue eyes and tan skin.  Her parents are both blonde and blue eyed and fair skinned.  Until shortly before they got married, I had no idea that both her parents are biracial; her maternal grandparents are black and white while her paternal grandparents are white/black/American Indian.  Her mother's sister (full sister, not half or step) is black.  You wouldn't ever guess that these two women were even distantly related, much less had the same parents because they look absolutely and completely different, with different hair texture, facial features and skin color.  My daughter in law got a crazy combination of genes from her parents so that she looks like a different race than both her parents.  My grandson has the same exact hair, eye and skin colors as my son, but he tans immediately in the sun and rarely burns.

A close friend of mine is blonde, brown eyed and fair skinned and her husband was black with very dark skin.  They have 3 children and every single one of those children look like a different race from each other.  One looks black, one looks Hispanic and one looks white.  All have the same parents.

All this overly long post to say that while it's definitely a strong possibility that Josh isn't the baby's bio father, there's also a possibility that he could be if Aleks does have a black father.  I can't tell whether her BFF is the baby's father or not based on the pictures I've seen because her features don't really resemble him OR Josh OR Aleks.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6