Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiancé: What Now?

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, endure said:

After watching his tutorial on doing a pedicure I'm honestly not sure he does that for a living either.

If anyone needs a tutorial on how to use toenail clippers and apply polish, they probably also need to watch the flight attendant demonstrating how to fasten your seat belt. My issue isn't HOW to do it, I just can't reach my toes! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Jesses date 'you look handsome' Jesse 'thank you, have a seat' no compliment for her I guess

I picked up on that, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So, how many sedatives do we think Caesar's date was on? Poor girl could barely function. I'd need to drug myself to video chat with that guy too. God, what a creep.

I thought Avery was so sweet with Omar's family and they really seemed to like her. I also think Omar is sweet to insist Avery not live in Syria until it's safe. I thought it was sweet that she wanted a wedding ring in the Syrian style. She's already committed to the lifestyle--covering her hair, being modest and deferential to her husband, etc.--I don't see the harm in her living in Dubai or another more modern Muslim city. She seems happy and peaceful, and if that works for her, I think it's a great way to stay connected to his family while staying safe. I was really prepared not to like her because of her insistent brattiness from last time, but this way of life has really matured her and made her calmer and more rational. I'm rooting for those two.

Were my eyes deceiving me, or did one of Tiffany's tops actually have shoulders in it?! I thought her brother (?) was sweet holding her little kid.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Ronald my boy! also got caught wearing his friend's jacket that just happened to have heroin in the pocket.

What kind of a sick fuck would let Caesar give them a pedicure?

Ed

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think there are A LOT of women who have a "thing" for rescuing guys and wearing the badge of honor that they "saved" them.  Maybe they had a drinker dad so they want to prove they can "cure" them?  I dunno......Me?  I always liked them fully done, no curing needed.  Waaay too much work.  Plus I have never understood falling in love with someone then wanting to change them.  Why change them?  I thought you loved them?

Ronald has a gambling addiction?  You sure about that?

When I was in my twenties I'd be drawn to the potential I saw in men.  Not with the idea to change them per se, but to help them be the best version of themselves.  This is a horrible plan, but I was a bit of a boyfriend trainer where their relationship AFTER me was the best they've ever been in, including several marriages.  But I never dealt with a gambling addiction.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Callaphera said:

You know, I think I heard that Stephanie has an illness

Hmmm...something's wrong with Stephanie?

11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why don't they call this show what it really is? A scripted sitcom. 

A scripted failed sitcom on the SyFy channel.

• LOL 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I thought Avery was so sweet with Omar's family and they really seemed to like her. I also think Omar is sweet to insist Avery not live in Syria until it's safe. I thought it was sweet that she wanted a wedding ring in the Syrian style. She's already committed to the lifestyle--covering her hair, being modest and deferential to her husband, etc.--I don't see the harm in her living in Dubai or another more modern Muslim city.

I agree, I think Dubai or Lebanon, even Qatar or Kuwait could be fine. I did shake my head when they mentioned Saudi Arabia; its very conservative there still. My boss, a college professor, was invited to speak at an international university in Riyadh a few years back. She's an intrepid and experienced traveller but she was very hesitant. She was assured that she'd be met at the airport, whisked to the closed campus, where she could stay within the walls if she felt safer. This was standard operating procedure for them, not something special they did to reassure her. She would be accompanied at all times. She did end up going in the end since come on, when would she have the chance to travel in Saudi? (they went to Jeddah as well). But it was a weird experience for an American woman.  

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

I will admit that my opinion of Avery has radically changed since we first met her.  She seems to have matured a lot and realistically settled, as much as she can, into a long distance marriage.

• Love 15

Add me to the list of those impressed with Avery in this episode.  She was great - from the gift to her behavior/attitude.  I'm was happy to see that Omar's family was so welcoming to her and she did everything "right".  Good for her!

• Love 11
(edited)

Take notes, BGL: Now THAT'S how a wife acts when she meets her husband's mother and family. Act respectful, observe local customs, learn a bit of the language, and do not, I repeat do NOT refer to her as "Mommy" unless she asks you to. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 1:18 PM, magemaud said:

Take notes, BGL: Now THAT'S how a wife acts when she meets her husband's mother and family. Act respectful, observe local customs, learn a bit of the language, and do not, I repeat do NOT refer to her as "Mommy" unless she asks you to. 

Especially when you're older than she.

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I fell asleep and missed Jesse's date.  Shoot!

It was Jesse being Jesse.  Putting down Darcey, being overly into his date (Brooke?, I don't care), I think next episode will be more telling.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I fell asleep and missed Jesse's date.  Shoot!

It was Jesse being Jesse.  Putting down Darcey, being overly into his date (Brooke?, I don't care), I think next episode will be more telling

I call her Bianca with the Bad Hair.  And yes, Betty Boop and this bozo are SO seemingly into each other.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

When Caesar explained to producers how he'd mysteriously lost the pictures from his "meeting" with George Glass...er, I mean "Maria," I almost choked on my ice cream cone.

Sure, Jan.

And then his "date" with the talking Real Doll...his romantic scene with the candles, whipped cream, and plastic lawn chair...I think I'm dead.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 5/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, Gobi said:

Especially when you're older than her.

she.        Love, Sister Mary Kayz

14 hours ago, magemaud said:
On 5/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, Gobi said:

Especially when you're older than her  dirt. 

FTFY

Had to look up FTFY (I'm old).   

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Had to look up FTFY (I'm old). 

I’ll bet I’m older than you (thee? thou?) but I learned that here! 

8 hours ago, Kareem said:

I call her Bianca with the Bad Hair.  And yes, Betty Boop and this bozo are SO seemingly into each other.  

But of course Bianca has a secret that could change everything! 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

But of course Bianca has a secret that could change everything! 

Lemme guess. She can picture herself living in duh nuderlunds.  

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

When Caesar explained to producers how he'd mysteriously lost the pictures from his "meeting" with George Glass...er, I mean "Maria," I almost choked on my ice cream cone.

Sure, Jan.

And then his "date" with the talking Real Doll...his romantic scene with the candles, whipped cream, and plastic lawn chair...I think I'm dead.

I like to died laughing at the strawberries and whipped cream, I swear I expected him to whip out some chocolate panties..

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I didn't see the Jesse/Bianca connection. They seemed an odd pair. But she isn't a Darcey type. If I am planning on moving to another country, I would let a prospective suitor know that - from the get-go. She wasn't likely to change her mind and stay in the US for him.

I don't know what the Tiffany and Ronald deal is. She made some life choices that ended up with her having a kid with him knowing full well how tough it will be for him to get to the US. He is a recovering addict. She also let her eldest son call him 'dad' far too soon. Now it is a mess. She won't move to South Africa, he can't move to the US.  Tiffany can probably work at a shop selling makeup and also be a makeup artist in South Africa - it's not like she has zero options.

Corey, let Evilyn dump you and move on and cut your loss. Sell the business in Ecuador and get some of your money back. Yeah, it might have been nice to learn some Spanish and learn to talk with her family. Was surprised at Evilyn's family's home - modern, kitchen with granite countertops and island, ice-making fridge. Poor Corey had to stay in Grandma's roofless hut. Evvy likes attention from random men and she strings them along. Unless you have a few million bucks in the bank, Corey, she's done with you.

No idea why Skipper is so lobster-like on camera. She is really really red. She should expect that Aladin wants nothing to do with her and has filed for divorce. Plus she has nowhere to go.

Forgot about Rachel and garden gnome Jon. Too bad she can't get a refund for her plane ticket to the UK. It's kinda nice to have a husband you see every year or so. She too will have a hard time getting him to get to the US.

• Love 3

Tiffany needs to suck it up, I'm sick of listening to her berate Ronald about things she knew about before she ever married or conceived with him.  Telling him his daughter was going to be in America, like it or not, reflects a disturbing lack of real commitment here.  You married him knowing his chances of a Visa to the U.S. were almost nil, what was your plan for that?  How did you intend your daughter to have a relationship with her father?

I think Laura must be drinking heavily.  That hair, the dowdy clothes, the extremely flushed appearance.  She's really pathetic.  

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tiffany isn't a wife, she's a parole officer for Ronald, and a total jerk.    She had her son calling him Dad before they even left the U.S.,    

I haven't watched yet, just read the comments here, but wasn't Tiff on "THE OTHER WAY" with the idea of moving permanently TO South Africa (with M'Boy) and supposedly just went back to the US long enough to have the baby? 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Tiffany needs to suck it up, I'm sick of listening to her berate Ronald about things she knew about before she ever married or conceived with him.  Telling him his daughter was going to be in America, like it or not, reflects a disturbing lack of real commitment here.  You married him knowing his chances of a Visa to the U.S. were almost nil, what was your plan for that?  How did you intend your daughter to have a relationship with her father?

I think Laura must be drinking heavily.  That hair, the dowdy clothes, the extremely flushed appearance.  She's really pathetic.  

Tiffany's a grown woman with a husband and two children, for crying out loud, and she is acting like a 15 year old. Her tone whenever she speaks with Ronald, her husband, is that of an exasperated elementary school teacher addressing a troublesome pupil. And do not get me started with how she jumped right to using her little baby girl as a pawn to control Ronald and get the upper hand in any argument. I hate it when people do that, its beneath contempt. 

13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I haven't watched yet, just read the comments here, but wasn't Tiff on "THE OTHER WAY" with the idea of moving permanently TO South Africa (with M'Boy) and supposedly just went back to the US long enough to have the baby? 

Yes, exactly. She was going to move to South Africa. Tiffany lied? I'm shocked. (I'm not shocked). She wanted her way, and now she has a bargaining chip, her baby. Revolting. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tiffany's a grown woman with a husband and two children, for crying out loud, and she is acting like a 15 year old. Her tone whenever she speaks with Ronald, her husband, is that of an exasperated elementary school teacher addressing a troublesome pupil. And do not get me started with how she jumped right to using her little baby girl as a pawn to control Ronald and get the upper hand in any argument. I hate it when people do that, its beneath contempt. 

I know, right? She berates him like she’s trying to train a mentally challenged monkey. She’s managed to ruin four lives in the process and this will be the story of all their lives forever going forward. It will NEVER get resolved. I will never understand how adults can have so little foresight!

Here I am, weighing the pros and cons about whether or not I should adopt a dog (big commitment, resources, ability to travel, worrying about dog’s welfare, what would happen if dog outlives me, among other things) and people like Tiffany get pregnant, with a gambling addict who has a criminal record and lives halfway around the world with no visible means of support and think all will be well. Boy, I’d love to live in her head for an hour....it would be like taking a vacation from reality.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 12:12 PM, magemaud said:

Yes, she was on The Other Way, but I don't think she really had any intention of staying in S.A.   Especially after she realized that Ronald would never be living in some ritzy place.  I think that Tiffany thought by being on the show, that Ronald would be allowed to come to the U.S.    That's not happening.   

Spoiler

There was at least one more couple that is now full time in the U.S., so the entire Other Way title was a joke.       Only the two couples that are still continuing with living overseas, and on the show are not in the U.S.  Jihoon and Jenny / Sumit are on the second season of The Other Way.   Who knows what's going on with Corey and Evelin, and Laura was running around South America, and Aladin is still in the Middle East somewhere.     Paul and Karine have been in the U.S. for a while, and she's pregnant again. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, exactly. She was going to move to South Africa. Tiffany lied? I'm shocked. (I'm not shocked). She wanted her way, and now she has a bargaining chip, her baby. Revolting. 

If all she really wanted was a baby there are tons of sperm donors in Frederick MD. She could have easily found a penniless guy with some sort of addiction issue in Maryland to impregnate her but Tiffany (like so many other people on this show) has some sort of disorder that makes her muck up her life 12 ways to Sunday, like she cannot function without drama, conflict and financial hardship.  There has got to be some sort of psychology study about all these 90 Dayer's, this show is a thesis in the making!

And as far as Big Egg not finding love for the past 28 years...perhaps he should look inward.  He says things that any normal woman would wince at and react, he gets hurt by their reactions and focuses on only their reaction and not his doing and the relationship ends, rinse and repeat, he has created a self fulfilling prophecy. 

• Love 7

Both Tiffany and Rachel are idiots, especially Tiffany.  You got married to a man from South Africa who has a criminal record, she knew both of those things before she married him.  He can't come to the US.  Why can't you live in South Africa?  Maybe because it will be too hard for her?  She's stupid.  I think this was a sexual attraction that went too far.

Rachel is another fool, another sexual attraction that went too far.  She married a man who had a criminal record, she knew he couldn't come to the US and it was impossible for her to live in the UK because of her eldest daughter.  Another fool.

Corey needs to drop Evelyn like a cheap pair of shoes.  Evelyn thinks she's hot (she's not) and likes having a lot of men around her.

Why is Jesse even on this show? 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Both Tiffany and Rachel are idiots, especially Tiffany.  You got married to a man from South Africa who has a criminal record, she knew both of those things before she married him.  He can't come to the US.  Why can't you live in South Africa?  Maybe because it will be too hard for her?  She's stupid.  I think this was a sexual attraction that went too far.

Rachel is another fool, another sexual attraction that went too far.  She married a man who had a criminal record, she knew he couldn't come to the US and it was impossible for her to live in the UK because of her eldest daughter.  Another fool.

Corey needs to drop Evelyn like a cheap pair of shoes.  Evelyn thinks she's hot (she's not) and likes having a lot of men around her.

I think you summed it up perfectly. 

The only difference I have is that I think Rachel and John really do have a pretty good relationship and they seem to really care and are respectful. (I do agree though that there doesn't seem to be a good solution here).

I think Tiff was marginally interested in moving to South Africa initially but remember when they were looking for apartments and what they could afford? She was freaked out by the danger and the security. If I recall correctly the realtor was saying something about you want people to be able to hear you scream or some such thing. Anyway since Ronald is not going to be able to come here, tis a sad state of affairs. 

And seriously, where do these people who haven't got a nickel - get the funds to fly thousands of miles away??

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

The only difference I have is that I think Rachel and John really do have a pretty good relationship and they seem to really care and are respectful. (I do agree though that there doesn't seem to be a good solution here).

I think Tiff was marginally interested in moving to South Africa initially but remember when they were looking for apartments and what they could afford? She was freaked out by the danger and the security. If I recall correctly the realtor was saying something about you want people to be able to hear you scream or some such thing. Anyway since Ronald is not going to be able to come here, tis a sad state of affairs. 

I don't think Rachel and John care about anything but themselves.  I don't see either of them as respectful at all.  Rachel has a child with her ex husband, she knows she can't live in the UK.  John got into trouble with the law, Rachel had to know that meant he wouldn't be able to come to the US.  Rachel should have walked away, but she probably thought John was hot, had a cute accent and she had a romantic view of the UK.

Tiffany was just ignorant.  I remember when Oscar Pistorius was arrested for killing his girlfriend, they showed where he was living, in a gated community with armed guards and barbed wire on top of the gates.  If Tiffany didn't know that, well I don't know what to say.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Rachel and John care about anything but themselves.  I don't see either of them as respectful at all.  Rachel has a child with her ex husband, she knows she can't live in the UK.  John got into trouble with the law, Rachel had to know that meant he wouldn't be able to come to the US.  Rachel should have walked away, but she probably thought John was hot, had a cute accent and she had a romantic view of the UK.

Time to place your bets: How long before Rachel is pregnant with John’s baby? Because she’s another one who thrives on drama, financial ruin and screwing up her life and the lives of her children. And then whining about how it’s not fair!

• Love 11

I thought it was interesting that Jesse (why, why, why did TLC bring him back?) starts dating a woman that had dark hair when they first met, next date she dyed it blonde (a g-d awful dye job), just like Darcey, if Jesse and this girl continued do we think she would mess with her face like Darcey has done?  What is it about Jesse that makes women mess with their appearance?  

Did this girl tell Jesse she was moving to another country and Jesse said he did not want to do the long distance thing, weren't they doing that already?  Side note, I think TLC told her to say that to move Jesse along in some sort of poorly told story.

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tiffany's a grown woman with a husband and two children, for crying out loud, and she is acting like a 15 year old. Her tone whenever she speaks with Ronald, her husband, is that of an exasperated elementary school teacher addressing a troublesome pupil.

Have you been spying on my Distance Learning??

22 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Here I am, weighing the pros and cons about whether or not I should adopt a dog (big commitment, resources, ability to travel, worrying about dog’s welfare, what would happen if dog outlives me, among other things) and people like Tiffany get pregnant, with a gambling addict who has a criminal record and lives halfway around the world with no visible means of support and think all will be well. Boy, I’d love to live in her head for an hour....it would be like taking a vacation from reality.

Bolding per the dog:

Have you been spying on my conversations with my hubby???

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 6
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Oh, I don't know - watching him get played by Bianca was priceless.  Worth all his preening and nonsense while building the relationship.  I agree with others that she should've been upfront about this - moving to Israel or anywhere else internationally is not a spur-of-the-moment decision - but it's nice to see Jesse on the receiving end of it for once.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If Tiffany didn't know that, well I don't know what to say.

Sadly, and this is true of almost all of these couples, they've done no advance research.   They don't have any idea the complexity of these moves.  They don't understand/comprehend/acknowledge the restrictions that will sincerely apply to them, even though they're in love.

The premise of the show isn't really finding love outside the US.  It's the ignorance of what that search will come to, if you find someone to love overseas.

It drives me (and others, I've seen it here) crazy that none of these people have made an effort to learn the language, the culture, the mores and folkways or gain any understanding of where they're going to commit the rest of their lives.  The only ones who really got it were Alexei and Loren and that's because they didn't just meet on the Internet - she went to Israel and saw what was going on.  They had the run-in with bringing his family over and that's probably the worst of their difficulties.  There isn't any other couple on this series that's had it easier than these two - mostly, it's been far worse (e.g., as Laura is finding out the hard way).

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Time to place your bets: How long before Rachel is pregnant with John’s baby? Because she’s another one who thrives on drama, financial ruin and screwing up her life and the lives of her children. And then whining about how it’s not fair!

...then constantly wiping the runny mascara from under her eyes!!!  Oh, how that drives me crazy!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, b2H said:

Oh, I don't know - watching him get played by Bianca was priceless.  Worth all his preening and nonsense while building the relationship.  I agree with others that she should've been upfront about this - moving to Israel or anywhere else internationally is not a spur-of-the-moment decision - but it's nice to see Jesse on the receiving end of it for once.

That is what she said, is it the truth or did TLC stage the whole scene? Did anyone catch her last name because it would be easy to look her up if she is still in NYC.

• Love 1

OMG Tiffany is such a Debbie Downer, I don't know how Ronald can even stand to be around her.  She is going to drive him to gambling or take up drinking.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kittle1974 said:

...then constantly wiping the runny mascara from under her eyes!!!  Oh, how that drives me crazy!

Well I would crying constantly if my hubby was unemployed fighty felon who vomited up a BUNCH then kissed me without a breath mint or brushing who can't move to my country, yeah.....I would be crying, too!

2 hours ago, b2H said:

It drives me (and others, I've seen it here) crazy that none of these people have made an effort to learn the language, the culture, the mores and folkways or gain any understanding of where they're going to commit the rest of their lives. 

This, 100%.  I mean, I put in more research into my week long hike to Glacier than these fools do for going over to meet "my soulmate."  What?  The Philippines is hot and humid?  With large flying bugs?  Poor (or no) plumbing?  What?  I can't drink in Qatar?  I can get arrested for making wine?  Women are discouraged to go out alone?  What?  I can't hug and maul Azan in public?  Huh???

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This, 100%.  I mean, I put in more research into my week long hike to Glacier than these fools do for going over to meet "my soulmate."  What?  The Philippines is hot and humid?  With large flying bugs?  Poor (or no) plumbing?  What?  I can't drink in Qatar?  I can get arrested for making wine?  Women are discouraged to go out alone?  What?  I can't hug and maul Azan in public?  Huh???

Or even better is when they know these things are true, but don't believe it will apply to them because they're Americans.  Sheesh.....

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, b2H said:

Or even better is when they know these things are true, but don't believe it will apply to them because they're Americans.  Sheesh.....

Excellent point of being American so it does not apply to me.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Excellent point of being American so it does not apply to me.

"Wow . . . look how these people in ___________ live."

But assuming there will be nice hotels, restaurants, etc., for non-residents so they only have to drive THROUGH the "real" places.  American entitlement attitude.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was interesting that Jesse (why, why, why did TLC bring him back?) starts dating a woman that had dark hair when they first met, next date she dyed it blonde (a g-d awful dye job), just like Darcey, if Jesse and this girl continued do we think she would mess with her face like Darcey has done?  What is it about Jesse that makes women mess with their appearance?  

Did this girl tell Jesse she was moving to another country and Jesse said he did not want to do the long distance thing, weren't they doing that already?  Side note, I think TLC told her to say that to move Jesse along in some sort of poorly told story.

Jesse is a douche nozzle.  You are completely right, they were already long distance, since Jesse is not American, He wants to be so badly, but nope, still Dutch.  Especially when Israel is even closer, and presumably cheaper to travel to, than New York.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't think Jesse's relationship was real. Producer set up. They needed him back to fill some time. The whole thing was over too quickly and there was not an ounce of chemistry between the two of them. It was a boring story and the girl was a terrible actress. 

• Love 6