Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Three Tequila…Floor!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

To think there was a point in time when Sonja was my favorite. Sonja is a sneaky friend, and a two-face of the worst kind. I believe she planted that nasty item on Tins and quite frankly, her continual covert bussing of Ramona has me feeling sorry for old Ro. Either distance yourself from Ramona and be honest with her about how her behavior affects you, or just own the behavior and be a true friend. She wants all the spoils of Ramona's tantrums but none of the stench of the mud Ramona rolled in to reap them. Her apologist speech to Beth at the dinner table was gross. Beth hates Ramona right now, and we all know that. Sonja's total inability to stand up for her friend is pathetic, but it was even worse that she basically acquiesced to Beth and insinuated that her behavior is dependent on and totally influenced by Ramona. Like, "Oh, poor me, I just love Ramona so much but she's terrible and putting me in a bad light!" Are you effing kidding me? If that was how my BFF handled things in my absence I'd cut her loose. 

I agree on your points about Sonja, but I can't feel sorry for Ramona at all.  Did you notice how she was trying to manipulate Sonja to do her bidding.  She knew B would go off if Ramona pushed the room issue, so she tells Sonja to do it.  Then when all is said and done, she keep stirring up trouble by manipulating Sonja into being angry with Tinsley over the number change.  Sonja was her usual stupid, oblivious self until Ramona dropped that little gem then she went after Tinsley.  It was so nasty.  Plus, I thought I heard Sonja say in the background that she would have given the room to B (yeah, right!) If that were true and not some gesture to save face, then why all the fuss?  What a couple of asses!!!

• Love 24

Some things that are driving me nuts

1.  Bethenny comes down for dinner and says "I'm an hour and a half late and I'm the first one here."  That would never happen in real life.  Imagine coming somewhere an hour and a half late and assuming that no one has come and gone yet.  No. The assumption when you arrive 1.5 hours late for dinner is that dinner has been served and finished already.  This scene made no sense and I don't care for the unnecessary and fake staging.

2.  If one "draws straws" I assume the following.  Let's say 9 rooms for 9 people or whatever.  Put Numbers 1-9 in a hat and everyone draw.  The person who chooses #1 gets the FIRST pick of the rooms.  Then the person who picks #2 gets to choose from the rooms left over after THAT pick. And so forth.  And yet, it didn't seem like that's what these women were doing?  Ramona kept asking, "What's this number, what's that number" and Bethenny said she was just playing dumb.  So what was actually happening?  Did Bethenny or someone assign a particular number to each room based on how good they thought each room was?

Thank you.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I'm sorry, but this really does not get old!

I love how she laughed. Can you imagine uptight Carole or Bethany laughing at themselves

5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm really enjoying Dorinda and Carole's relationship.  It seems very organic similar to how it developed with Heather.  Dorinda doing the balloon thing to Carole was a hoot.  And Carole has become really enjoyable to me again.  

I found Dorinda was the hoot, Carole was in pain because of her bony butt( eye roll) 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And the saying is "rearranging deck chairs" on the Titanic, not throwing them overboard, lol ... I don't know where she came up with that. 

If it wasn't so clear that she was talking about how futile it was for Ramona to bother applying makeup, I would have had no idea what she was talking about. 

Bethenny is vicious! I didn't mind her telling them about the rooms, not in the least. But there is a certain meanness about her, her whole persona is this tightly wound, ready to explode, ball of bitterness .When she's condescending to say, Carole, to her face, or in her clips. I think, how unhappy are you Bethenny. I happen to think she's a pretty unhappy person...

• Love 16
On 7/20/2017 at 1:20 AM, athousandclowns said:

I am off OC because of Vicki and I can see leaving this mess because of sad sad Romona  

You are my spirit animal.  ( ;

On 7/20/2017 at 1:20 AM, walnutqueen said:

I would dearly love to throat punch Ramona.

I'll hold her for you.

• Love 13
On 7/20/2017 at 2:38 AM, Lemons said:

I thought it was shady af when Carole mentioned going to Taco Bell and right after there was a commercial for Taco Bell.  I hate when shows do that. 

Ah yes, product placement.  The new commercials - the kind you can't ff through.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I bought my mom a pair of slippers with built in lights so she could see in the dark.    :)

The funny thing (at least now), was she was rushing to get back before the commercial ended.....the show was recorded.  ??

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 11

I think the coupon cabin commercial was pretty funny. It looked like they were having a great time and struggling to keep a straight face while talking about a toilet. I think they chose a product like the toilet because obviously, Carole is not shopping for bargain toilets. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, epc said:

I'm not going to quote everyone on here who has commented on Luann getting shitfaced, but this is why I give her a pass. If she routinely got too drunk to take care of herself and this was just another example, I would not find this amusing at all. Alternatively, if she intentionally went out and said she was gonna tie one on tonight! and got too drunk to take of herself, I would not find it amusing either. 

However, Luann almost never gets drunk like this; also, she had spent the day traveling, swimming in the ocean, laying out in the sun, and (according to her on wwhl) drinking tequila which she is not used to, and it caught up to her. Please, hasn't this happened to everyone here who is not a teetotaler? And to see her be able to laugh at herself and be generally loosey-goosey rubber-legged lying in a bush - well, I still giggle to myself when I think about it. And I certainly don't blame her for what happened - life happened!

I think we've actually seen her this drunk a couple of times before.  I add to your list of her day - probably not eating much so that the only thing in her stomach was the tequila.

I think all of these women drink on (always) empty stomachs, which gets them drunk faster.

17 hours ago, Lemons said:

That's how they described the bedrooms on the show. Ramona wasn't going to be happy unless she got one of the master suites and those went to Bethany and Luanne.  She was bitching that she did not get a soaking tub.  

I doubt 24 hour staff typically come with that rental. Bravo probably paid extra for it. 

Actually, some do.....from the webpage:

The Chef, Wait Staff and Property Manager are on-site 24 hours a day to take care of every need or want that you may have. Nannies, Massage Therapists, Yoga Instructors, a Manicurist, a Surf Instructor, Snorkeling and Dive Instructors, and English speaking Tour Guides are also available upon request (additional fees may be required).

Someone else linked to the main page of the company that manages (owns?) the property and many others.  God, they are mostly amazing places, wish I had that kind of money.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Lemons said:

We are all accustomed to paying people to do tasks for us.  We get our hair done, get ride services, go to restaurants, stay at hotels with doormen, valets, hire people to help with our homes, child care, etc. I don't know anyone personally who doesn't feel the need to say please and thank you.

Ramona is greedy and will squeeze every ounce of labor out of these people that she can.  And I would bet the house that she doesn't even tip them, never mind her claim that she tips well.  She's not a good person, she doesn't worry about people who help her. Based on the guy not writing a word of Ramona's demands down, I doubt anyone was getting Ramona anything that morning. 

I do recall that the manners-expert guy on the either the Manor House or Downton Abbey production team explained that the Family would not have been routinely saying please and thank you to their staff. So - kadooz to you, Moaner, for nailing the "high-handedness with the help" portion of the So You Think You Can Edwardian Lady contest. Alas, rudeness does not make the "Lady Ramona."  

But it goes even deeper than that. Just as "Dowager Countess" and "woke bae" don't compute, nor do "Ramona Singer" and "gentry." They're not just the opposite of one another -- that suggests they inhabit a common space-time continuum -- but are more like two dimensions that (at least for now) are blessedly unconnected unless you stumble over a wormhole or an event horizon or something. A stumble which, come to think of it, could explain A LOT about how Crackerjacks, aka Luann, aka Stumbelina became a Countess, once upon a time.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, jaync said:

We've certainly seen her chew, but do we know if she actually swallows the food? I kid, I kid. Anyway, I doubt Sonja literally meant that Carole doesn't eat (Frankel doesn't have a lock on hyperbole), just that she eats very little. Which, Sonja would know, given she's had numerous meals with Carole over the years.

I once worked with a very pretty, naturally petite woman from Sweden.  She didn't eat healthy food, she would always order the same fast food crap for lunch the rest of us did, the difference is she would take 3 or 4 bites and that was enough. If she was really hungry she might eat half of her meal.  She would get full really fast. I envied that.  It's probably the same with Carole. She's naturally thin and probably gets full quickly. Food is not her thing. My dad was like that. He would completely forget to eat some days. Uggggh. I did not inherit that gene. 

• Love 12

I really liked Luann in this episode - no haughtiness, just having fun.  Believe me, I can hold my liquor too, but tequila is a whole different animal.  The only time I've ever been drunk is after a day in the sun that included tequila.  I give Luann a pass on this.  (On the bright side, I at least didn't fall down.) Like I said earlier, with Dorinda down for the count, it was Luann's turn to be the designated drunk.

I was thinking earlier about Tinsley ( nice segue, no?) and I think she would be well served to stop shopping in the Juniors department.  Maybe someone should take her shopping in the grown up store. It's time to add a bit of sophistication to the wardrobe -the puffy skirts aren't all that flattering...  (You're not actually "Forever 21")  Heh... As though she would shop there...

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Some things that are driving me nuts

1.  Bethenny comes down for dinner and says "I'm an hour and a half late and I'm the first one here."  That would never happen in real life.  Imagine coming somewhere an hour and a half late and assuming that no one has come and gone yet.  No. The assumption when you arrive 1.5 hours late for dinner is that dinner has been served and finished already.  This scene made no sense and I don't care for the unnecessary and fake staging.

2.  If one "draws straws" I assume the following.  Let's say 9 rooms for 9 people or whatever.  Put Numbers 1-9 in a hat and everyone draw.  The person who chooses #1 gets the FIRST pick of the rooms.  Then the person who picks #2 gets to choose from the rooms left over after THAT pick. And so forth.  And yet, it didn't seem like that's what these women were doing?  Ramona kept asking, "What's this number, what's that number" and Bethenny said she was just playing dumb.  So what was actually happening?  Did Bethenny or someone assign a particular number to each room based on how good they thought each room was?

Thank you.

1. Housewives across all of the franchises and Bravolebrities are late for dinner by significant amounts. I don't even think that this is a set up. I think production works with the cast, the chefs, and restaurants to come up with a time for dinner. I'm sure production lets the staff, chefs, and restaurants know about the time issues with the cast in order to be prepared when the cast is late. I think a lot of them quickly get into this habit because there is no show without them.

On Ladies of London, Jules invited the women to her estate for the weekend. She had arranged a tea for when they arrived at 3 pm and Dinner at 7pm. One group got there on time. The other group goofed off and showed up at 5:45pm. They still had to get to their rooms, shower, change, do their hair and makeup to arrive at dinner at almost 9pm. In this case, Jules' staff was pusse. It was her actual household staff. Being ridiculously late to meals is a perennial Bravo problem. After their first season, I don't think the cast ever shows up on time. On Southern Charm: Savannah, 75% of the cast missed the finale party. Being stupendously late for a meal and still being served is a Bravo thing.

2. What was supposed to happen with the rooms is exactly as you described. Ramona and Sonja kept asking about the numbers because they didn't want to follow the "draw lots" system. They wanted to supersede the system and get to pick the room they wanted and screw everyone else over. At certain points they start asking who has which numbers and all of the reasons said person should switch numbers/rooms with either Sonja or Ramona. Sonja and Ramona knew exactly what was going on, but they didn't want to play by the rules.

• Love 15
On 7/20/2017 at 2:45 PM, telemachus2 said:

IMO, new writers are needed for this so-called unscripted show - how many more times will Ramona & Sonja (& numerous other "wives" on other franchises) begin their vacay by quarreling over the rooms? Or Ramona treat the employees like slaves (ala Lisa Vanderpump & handmaiden Rocio (sp?)), or the big event be menopausal drunkenness (tho' glad Dorinda got a break this time - poor Luanne's falls looked dangerous as well as amusing.)  Not for a minute do I believe most of that nonsensical behavior is genuine. Bethenny's "quip" about the pointlessness of "throwing a deck chair off the QE2" is witty?  Doesn't she mean the Titanic??  The QE2 is in dry dock in Dubai apparently, whereas Tite is at the bottom of the Atlantic, last I heard.

Yes, the quote/joke that I've always heard is something about 'as pointless as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.'  

On 7/20/2017 at 2:57 PM, itsadryheat said:

To me, Ramona is becoming more deranged every season, (or I am losing my tolerance for watching really bad crap tv).   She can't be playing a 'role", right? I used to enjoy "watching", not being in the company of, people with no filter. She is close to being Not entertaining. Even her controlled Love Connection appearance was like watching 15 min. of Bette Davis as Baby Jane.  I'm feeling like she needs to stay away from people so she can't pass her emotional terror on to unsuspecting degrees of healthy people. How can she have people in her real life? I wonder who could tolerate her negative, obnoxious, self-serving "True Self" in person. What can possibly be her end game?

I'm not naive about the fact that most reality shows are heavily scripted, but trust and believe that Ramona's character is not an act.  If she were that talented, we would have never heard of Meryl Streep.  She is a vile, despicable human being, devoid of any redeeming value, and those are her good points.

• Love 13
On 7/20/2017 at 3:13 PM, HunterHunted said:

There is no housewife who treats employees worse than Lydia Schiavello from Melbourne who made her housekeeper chauffer her around town, questioned if her housekeeper knew right from left, and gave directions to her housekeeper/chauffer like this '"ching ching" means right and "chong chong means left"' because the housekeeper is an Asian woman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3476012/Real-Housewife-Melbourne-Lydia-Schiavello-makes-racial-slur-Asian-housekeeper-teaser-upcoming-episode.html

Further confirming my decision to avoid this franchise.  That Dallas has been renewed has me befuddled as well.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

If you stay at a high end private villas, yes you can ask them to unpack.   I have had someone unpack for me, it was nice.

How do we get on your "travel buddy" list, heatherchandler? Is there an online application somewhere? ;)

• Love 6
22 hours ago, smores said:

I think it's pretty telling that none of the others ask for or expect this type of service.  

Or maybe just isn't filmed?

22 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I can't even figure out why anyone would want someone unpacking their things. It just smacks of "because I can."  

That's exactly what it is.  My undies stay my private bid-ness.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm always interested in the bags and clothes our Hos pack for their trips.   

- I assume she had more but it looked like LuAnn had a purse and a duffel, which SHE carried.  Yet she was first to get in a swimsuit and coverup and in her jumpsuit despite creeping Defcon 1 Tequila Tragidrunkenness.  Props.

- Carole looked like she was wearing a cool cotton top, white jeans, sneakers.   Her swimsuit was awesome.   Her dinner outfit was super beekeeper/lepidopterist but hey.

- Tinsley's dinner dress was very The Mandrell Sisters.   She needs to reconsider all of her choices but she is somehow cute-adjacent despite some of the clothes.  She looked great in sunglasses, wedges, jeans and her white top.

- Bethenny's diamond necklace is exquisite.  She looks sick, she is sick, but still looks like she packed like a sane person - cotton clothing, leaving all that Balmain shite in her closet in NYC.

- Didn't see enough of Doris but she loves that vintage Pucci, Missoni look...two thumbs way up

- The two-headed twuntsters:  where to start.  Giant giant bags for five days.  Ramona's beekeeper hat, failing to obscure her weeping face.   Her bragging about getting two pointless pairs of mid-range suede mules and Sonja's eagerness about it was kind of everything.  You know they're volume shoppers, no taste.   The Whores R'Us (tm Butter Queen) dinner outfits spell it out so clearly.  Ramona always wears those shitty cover ups and suits with at least one detail too many.   Same for her partner in grime.   It's just kind of funny - actual Tevas are very fashiony now.  They always look so lost, on their respective best days.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

To think there was a point in time when Sonja was my favorite. Sonja is a sneaky friend, and a two-face of the worst kind. I believe she planted that nasty item on Tins and quite frankly, her continual covert bussing of Ramona has me feeling sorry for old Ro. Either distance yourself from Ramona and be honest with her about how her behavior affects you, or just own the behavior and be a true friend. She wants all the spoils of Ramona's tantrums but none of the stench of the mud Ramona rolled in to reap them. Her apologist speech to Beth at the dinner table was gross. Beth hates Ramona right now, and we all know that. Sonja's total inability to stand up for her friend is pathetic, but it was even worse that she basically acquiesced to Beth and insinuated that her behavior is dependent on and totally influenced by Ramona. Like, "Oh, poor me, I just love Ramona so much but she's terrible and putting me in a bad light!" Are you effing kidding me? If that was how my BFF handled things in my absence I'd cut her loose. 

Sonja plays both sides of the fence. She wants her buddy time with Ro and she wants Bethenny to love and cajole her. That ship has sailed off with your Nigerian football team on board, Sexy J. Pick a side or get out of the game. You're a turncoat right now with more gray shades of morality than Ro's pizza face. That woman wouldn't know loyalty if it sat on her face.

Yup.

But I'm pretty sure Face Sitting has a separate entry under Special Skills in Sonja's otherwise sparse CV.   And either John A. Morgan or the first husband she pretends doesn't exist - got "loyalty" in their respective divorces from Sonja.

I am thrilled that more and more viewers seem to be seeing what Sonja is and has always been - an absolute nasty cretin who lives to try and look good next to Ramona.  I know not everyone likes Tinsley, but Sonja's being a real wad.  I'm pretty sure it's because Tinsley comes by being spoiled somewhat honestly.  Not a good look.  But Sonja comes by hers on her back and on the back of a second divorce decree older than her fridge's yellow ice dispenser.   

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Wendy said:

Maybe Luann should consider the same approach for Tom. 

He's been mentioned more than he's been seen, but I get your point.

20 hours ago, sasha206 said:

If Lu was drunk all the time, I wouldn't find it funny.  She's been on this show for how long and it's the first I remember of her being drunk.  I don't even remember seeing her tipsy.

The "don't be all...uncool" episode was a classic drunk Luann moment.  The sunglasses at breakfast the next day with the driveway gravel in the throat hangover.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Further confirming my decision to avoid this franchise.  That Dallas has been renewed has me befuddled as well.

Dallas is just terrible, but I love love love Melbourne. I was on the fence about it until Jackie, the psychic, and Gina, the barrister, had their dead grandmother demon fight. After that, I was hooked.

Lydia is an absolute idiot, a bigot, and possibly cheating on her husband with her stepsons and Shane Warne. I found it to be delicious irony that Lydia had irritated everyone enough that the only woman who would film with her was Pettifleur, who is Sri Lankan and the only woman of color in the cast. I loved those two nitwits trying to piece together the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right." They never got it. And Pettifleur is such a narcissistic asshole that when her estranged sister calls Pettifleur fake, Pettifleur objects because she hasn't had any plastic surgery work done. Later in that conversation when the sister chides Pettifleur for not remembering the job that the sister has been at for 10 years, Pettifleur responds "who can remember every detail."

There is something about the show. I don't know if it's because they're Australian or the women they cast, but they take typical housewives issues and turn it up to Dynasty levels of crazy. Like when Pettifleur refused Gamble's wedding invitation because she wanted Gamble to think sincerely about why she was inviting Pettifleur to the wedding. Gamble pauses for a second, says she's thought about it, throws the invitation off the balcony, and tells Pettifleur to "get fucked!"

Back on topic

1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I was thinking earlier about Tinsley ( nice segue, no?) and I think she would be well served to stop shopping in the Juniors department.  Maybe someone should take her shopping in the grown up store. It's time to add a bit of sophistication to the wardrobe -the puffy skirts aren't all that flattering...  (You're not actually "Forever 21")  Heh... As though she would shop there...

Tinsley was saying in the last episode how much she loves Alice and Olivia. Their stuff can trend towards the boho sweet. But if you go through their lookbook, you'll see their clothing styled in different ways. Some more punk. Some boho hippy. Others more 70s chic. Tinsley seems to only pick out the sweetest girly girlies clothes and then style herself like the exact dumbest bitch of all time who would lean all the way in to inspect the razor sharp teeth of her suddenly hairy grandmother.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Tinsley's dinner dress was very The Mandrell Sisters.

LOL     Your observations are very accurate and hilarious.

I mentioned Bethenny's necklace earlier and how beautiful it was.  The real deal too imo.

• Love 8

I mentioned Bethenny's necklace earlier and how beautiful it was.  The real deal too imo.

She often snaps her bracelets - they are all real.  She has said she likes that it's something she can do for herself.  I'm guessing the necklace is real as well.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, breezy424 said:

My daughter worked for a short time part time in Kohl's while she was in school.  She couldn't believe what slobs people can be.  I'm the one who always puts everything back on the hanger perfectly and refolds the item on table perfectly.   People are just trying to make a living.  No one is that 'important' to be inconsiderate of other people. 

My PTRRJ (part-time, recession retail job) proved exactly what you are saying.  It really is stunning to see the behavior of some with opposable thumbs.  

• Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, stcroix said:

I must be in the minority because I LOVE shows like this!  Trashy yet rich people vacationing in gorgeous places.  Heck, I'd probably enjoy a show with Sonja,Ramona, and the O.C's Vicky, and Tamara all whoopin' it up together somewhere tropical and taking me out of my dreary life.  I don't want to be friends with them in real life and I certainly don't think the are 'cute', but it's fun to watch.  Am I the only one?

Clearly not, lol.

17 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Luann did not look to me like she was handling her cups with charm.  She looked to be so inebriated she was a danger to herself. 

Whether or not she is presented as a role model is beside the point.  The woman came within three inches of a concussion, a broken nose, knocked out front teeth, etc. Role model or not, that is cause for concern to me ... or at least reason enough to not find it a "remarkably fun moment." YMMV

My concern in situations like this (many an occasion on many a 'reality' show), is that the production staff more or less lets it happen and keeps filming.  I can remember an MTV  'Real World' filmed in Hawaii that showcased a particularly glaring case of alcoholism in a young cast member.  MTV was barbecued for it, but not sure they altered their practices as a result.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2

Someone else linked to the main page of the company that manages (owns?) the property and many others.  God, they are mostly amazing places, wish I had that kind of money.

I was thinking about this and wondering about the cost. The website says you could have like 20 people at the villa, so if it's $20,000 a week and you got 20 friends or family to go then it'd be $1000 a person. Or if it's $40,000, then $2000 a person, still doable. I have a friend who has a woman's group that was able to rent a private island off the coast of Belize (I think). They were a large group so could really divvy up the price.

So I'd love to know what the villa costs so I can start making my list of 20 travel companions.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Normades said:

Agreed.  Sonja keeps trying to say that she is introducing Tinsley into high society, but we've seen Sonja get all pissed off because Tinsley is going out with her friends.  I don't think Tinsley needs any help from Sonja.  She was married to a prominent family and has moved in those circles for years.  Sonja is just full of BS and jealousy.  I really hate the way she has treated Tinsley.

She mentioned in an episode that she "has family money", explaining how she can afford $7000/month apartments.  If that's so, joining a RHO shit show would seem to be close to bottom of the list of things to do to rejoin 'high society'.  I wouldn't think that the uppercrusty would find RHONY a worthy resume' bullet point.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

So I'd love to know what the villa costs so I can start making my list of 20 travel companions.

Priced from $78,750 / week..  I posted a link earlier to a page that also gave the price.

30 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Ramona matching the color of her dress to her chemical peel was pretty impressive.

Camouflage.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Lydia is an absolute idiot

The absolute best was when she brought her housekeeper's (who she insists is also her good friend)  family a framed photo of herself.  

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Dallas is just terrible, but I love love love Melbourne. I was on the fence about it until Jackie, the psychic, and Gina, the barrister, had their dead grandmother demon fight. After that, I was hooked.

Lydia is an absolute idiot, a bigot, and possibly cheating on her husband with her stepsons and Shane Warne. I found it to be delicious irony that Lydia had irritated everyone enough that the only woman who would film with her was Pettifleur, who is Sri Lankan and the only woman of color in the cast. I loved those two nitwits trying to piece together the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right." They never got it. And Pettifleur is such a narcissistic asshole that when her estranged sister calls Pettifleur fake, Pettifleur objects because she hasn't had any plastic surgery work done. Later in that conversation when the sister chides Pettifleur for not remembering the job that the sister has been at for 10 years, Pettifleur responds "who can remember every detail."

There is something about the show. I don't know if it's because they're Australian or the women they cast, but they take typical housewives issues and turn it up to Dynasty levels of crazy. Like when Pettifleur refused Gamble's wedding invitation because she wanted Gamble to think sincerely about why she was inviting Pettifleur to the wedding. Gamble pauses for a second, says she's thought about it, throws the invitation off the balcony, and tells Pettifleur to "get fucked!"

Back on topic

Tinsley was saying in the last episode how much she loves Alice and Olivia. Their stuff can trend towards the boho sweet. But if you go through their lookbook, you'll see their clothing styled in different ways. Some more punk. Some boho hippy. Others more 70s chic. Tinsley seems to only pick out the sweetest girly girlies clothes and then style herself like the exact dumbest bitch of all time who would lean all the way in to inspect the razor sharp teeth of her suddenly hairy grandmother.

Dallas is awful!!  It could be so great with a cast of classy Dallas women!  I didn't like Melbourne as it seemed like it was really scripted and they kept forgetting their lines but I watched enough to know who is who.   Jackie is so icky and I couldn't watch the lawyer with her make up! 

Pettifleur and some other Ex-Housewives (maybe Jill??) are going to be on a new show on Bravo.  It was announced recently.  Also, the RHoAuckland is going to be shown in the US soon!   

18 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I was thinking about this and wondering about the cost. The website says you could have like 20 people at the villa, so if it's $20,000 a week and you got 20 friends or family to go then it'd be $1000 a person. Or if it's $40,000, then $2000 a person, still doable. I have a friend who has a woman's group that was able to rent a private island off the coast of Belize (I think). They were a large group so could really divvy up the price.

Pick Me!  Pick Me!!  ?

• Love 8

I remember reading that the NY housewives were boring this season and they didn't even have enough good materiel to make a full season worth of episodes.  Are you kidding me.  Are you kidding me!! (TM...Ramona, lol) I've never enjoyed a season of any housewives franchise more than this one.  These girls are bringing it!  I have never laughed so hard watching these shows as I have for this season's NY housewives.   Hysterical

The gossip or blind item I read noted that this might be why the producers were looking to see if Jill Z might come back.  So I figured it was something that she planted.  It said 8 episodes was all they could get.  So now we are headed into 18.  If things were boring then suddenly everyone would be saying gee I wonder if Jill is coming back.

The ratings are up again this week.  Reunions generally rate the highest so these women will go out with a bang.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, crgirl412 said:

Dallas is awful!!  It could be so great with a cast of classy Dallas women!  I didn't like Melbourne as it seemed like it was really scripted and they kept forgetting their lines but I watched enough to know who is who.   Jackie is so icky and I couldn't watch the lawyer with her make up! 

Pettifleur and some other Ex-Housewives (maybe Jill??) are going to be on a new show on Bravo.  It was announced recently.  Also, the RHoAuckland is going to be shown in the US soon!   

I really don't think Melbourne could be scripted because no one would let themself be depicted as dumb, bigoted, delusional, creepy, and awful as they do. Jackie thinks she's the hottest person on the face of the planet and can't stop talking about it. Pettifleur has her creepy quasi-incestuous relationship with her son. Lydia is a moron and a racist. And Janet and Gamble's feud that devolved into Gamble vindictively firing back that Janet sucked cock (? or had sex) for heroin.

After watching Phaedra, half assedly try to quasi-apologize and not admit any culpability for her rape lies, I actually appreciate that the Melbourne women will actually apologize. I'm in awe that Gina will sit there deny that she said or did things that they've caught on camera. And that they've shown her during the reunions.

Alex: Why did you call Lydia a cunt?

Gina: I never did that.

Alex: Roll the clip.

Gina can be heard saying "Lydia is a cunt because she's so fucking stupid."

Alex: So Gina....

Gina: I never said that.

It's funny because Jackie really wants to join RHoNY or RHoBH. I don't think she has nearly enough personality to join an American franchise. However, any of the other women could. I'll watch whatever this thing with Pettifleur and Jill is.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

It wouldn't surprise me if this villa were $10K per night.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:57 PM, itsadryheat said:

To me, Ramona is becoming more deranged every season, (or I am losing my tolerance for watching really bad crap tv).   She can't be playing a 'role", right? I used to enjoy "watching", not being in the company of, people with no filter. She is close to being Not entertaining. Even her controlled Love Connection appearance was like watching 15 min. of Bette Davis as Baby Jane.  I'm feeling like she needs to stay away from people so she can't pass her emotional terror on to unsuspecting degrees of healthy people. How can she have people in her real life? I wonder who could tolerate her negative, obnoxious, self-serving "True Self" in person. What can possibly be her end game?

Ramona's increasingly obnoxious behavior is making more and more people think, "Poor Mario" or "No wonder Mario cheated on her."

I think she really believes people love her. And it doesn't help that when she's on WWHL, the other guest usually declares that he/she loves the show or is a big fan.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

The gossip or blind item I read noted that this might be why the producers were looking to see if Jill Z might come back.  So I figured it was something that she planted.  It said 8 episodes was all they could get.  So now we are headed into 18.  If things were boring then suddenly everyone would be saying gee I wonder if Jill is coming back.

The ratings are up again this week.  Reunions generally rate the highest so these women will go out with a bang.

Page Six ran article about a shortened season and mentioned it could be as little as 14 episodes.  The story does not mention Jill, I thought it was more of a story from say Sonja.  Jill would have known back in March if she was coming back-because the season had finished filming.   No one seemed to think it would be eight or even 14.  http://pagesix.com/2017/03/06/this-season-of-rhony-could-be-a-dud/  As a observer of the show, there was a lot of filler and yet they failed to air the Kilt event.  BH only had 18 regular season episodes and but for PK the Reunion could have been one part.  I am not sure who ran the story about eight episodes but he or she should probably turn in their gossip badge. 

For those who want to see the TInsly/Carole outtakes:  https://www.youtube.com/embed/FKBf5R4bj9w

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

If you take me, I'll unpack your bags... wink!

• Love 8
(edited)

Priced from $78,750 / week..  I posted a link earlier to a page that also gave the price.

Thanks. So $4000 a person for the week (plus airfare and food etc). That's a bit tougher...but for that gorgeous place could be a dream vacation. And you're in Butterqueen when we go. ?

And it's a deal CrinkleCutCat!

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

I do recall that the manners-expert guy on the either the Manor House or Downton Abbey production team explained that the Family would not have been routinely saying please and thank you to their staff. So - kadooz to you, Moaner, for nailing the "high-handedness with the help" portion of the So You Think You Can Edwardian Lady contest. Alas, rudeness does not make the "Lady Ramona."  

I'm sure back in those days, especially England with their class system and thinking of their "servants" as barely needing an education.  They were only a step up from the United States horrible history of enslavement which was only about 50 years prior.  

• Love 9