Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Parents misspelling their kid's name is all the rage. It is SO fashionable to have a unique name, that they peruse lists of names given to kids in their state for the last 10 years and deliberately misspell a new way or make up a name. They gotta do what they gotta due, GED or not.

I wonder how long Josiah and Marjorie were in courtship before it was publicly announced, or the courtships of any of the other Duggerlings for that matter. You would imagine that Jim Boob would want to be fairly certain that the courtship was going to work out before allowing it to become public. A failure or multiple failures may result in the discrediting of courtship as a method of choosing a spouse. Courtship is after all just arranged marriage going by another name, at least as far as the way the Duggar's practice it is concerned.

• Love 1

I'm holding out hope that Josiah and Marjorie don't marry for another 2 years, even though it will probably be sooner. We know how this family is, she'll be expected to become pregnant 3 months after the wedding or she'll be endlessly hassled by the world as to why she isn't yet. Both marriage and a new baby are a huge commitment to make when you're only 18 years old. Josh and Anna were married at 20 and parents by 21..that's somewhat better than being 18, and Josh did have the car lot  and house (provided to him by Jim Bob). Unless Jim Bob has a guaranteed job for Josiah in his home "construction business", I'm worried for them. 

• Love 2

Jana's fixed smile during all her TH sessions has become a little worrisome. It seems like someone may have had words with her about "keeping sweet," so now she smiles the entire time she speaks (try this; it's quite awkward to do), but it never reaches her eyes. And now in this most recent episode, the European Honeymoon one, she's barely managing to muster the smile at all. I'm concerned for her.

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 3

I felt so sorry for Jana in this episode. First, when all the Duggars were gathered together and Anna and Josh made their not surprising announcement. Everyone was excited and jumping up to congratulate Anna, but the look on Jana's face was just so sad to me. I'm sure she congratulated them, too, but her face just made me feel so sorry for her. The other time was in the previews for next week's show, which they showed several times. The sheer terror in Jana's face as she held Josie during the seizure broke my heart. Josie may technically be her sister, but that was the face of a mother seeing her child in distress.

• Love 13

There were a couple different previews for next week's episode.  In one you can see Jana's face as she holds Josie, in the other you can't.  I agree, she looked like a distressed mother in that shot, and showed more emotion in a couple seconds than I've seen from Michelle ever.

• Love 7
There were a couple different previews for next week's episode.  In one you can see Jana's face as she holds Josie, in the other you can't.  I agree, she looked like a distressed mother in that shot, and showed more emotion in a couple seconds than I've seen from Michelle ever.

Wow.  That's awful.  I guess I didn't catch that preview.  Poor Jana.  I'm sure she had to have been terrified and felt helpless. 

I wonder what the deal is with Josie?  I guess we'll find out next week.  I wonder if it was something like a fever, as opposed to some kind preemie-related brain issues.

• Love 2

I look at Jana like an adoptive mother. If you adopt a kid, that's your kid, not the birth parents. That's what most of those kids are to Jana, IMO.

• Love 4

The previews for next week freaked me out. Jana looked so scared. We are both 1990 babies, and I wish she could spend a day with me and my friends out here in NYC doing stuff that 24/25 year olds should be doing. She shouldn't be babysitting her life away while the married women go out shopping. I'd even make sure that we have good clean fun to respect her faith. 

• Love 10

They started courting on the 6th and the people article was put up on the 13. They had 7 days out of the public eye.

Think about how many millions of people can now act as chaperones whenever Marsiah are seen in public. If anyone sees Marsiah doing anything "inappropriate" it will probably be posted on twitter. Nothing about their relationship will be private, and that's sad.

• Love 4

The preview made my heart hurt. Jim Bob and Michelle have put so much on the older girls. I can't imagine going through that medical emergency on camera.

I remember Jill and Jana had to call 911 for Josie a few seasons back when Jim Bob and Michelle were on a vacation mission trip in El Salvador. Michelle just pushed Jana aside when she arrived at the hospital as if she was a stranger. Jana has always been right by Josie's side and is an excellent caregiver.

I would like to know how Josie is doing in terms of her health and if she has any interventions to keep her on track developmentally. However, I think showing this medical emergency is too invasive.

• Love 6

I remember Jill and Jana had to call 911 for Josie a few seasons back when Jim Bob and Michelle were on a vacation mission trip in El Salvador. Michelle just pushed Jana aside when she arrived at the hospital as if she was a stranger. Jana has always been right by Josie's side and is an excellent caregiver.

Right, that was the trip they claimed was an "emergency" trip to El Salvador when it happened. Lord knows that if El Salvador needed help of course their going to ask those two. I still can't believe they had no problem leaving their kids including their baby who had gone through so many medical issued in the hands of their teenage daughter. Their lucky Jana and Jill had the presence of mind to call 911 when dealing with a crisis like that they could have easily froze or be too busy freaking out or too scared to take control of the situation.  They deal with it and their parents still waltz in afterwards like their parents of the year.

• Love 2

Right, that was the trip they claimed was an "emergency" trip to El Salvador when it happened. Lord knows that if El Salvador needed help of course their going to ask those two. I still can't believe they had no problem leaving their kids including their baby who had gone through so many medical issued in the hands of their teenage daughter. Their lucky Jana and Jill had the presence of mind to call 911 when dealing with a crisis like that they could have easily froze or be too busy freaking out or too scared to take control of the situation. They deal with it and their parents still waltz in afterwards like their parents of the year.

maybe the "emergency" was that Bitchelle was having a mental breakdown and they had to get her away from Josie.
  • Love 1

I don't get the misspelled thing at all. Actually I understand it with the Duggars because they are so stupidly obsessed with wiping out any uniqueness or individuality in their children they can't fathom a name that doesn't start with the same letter as all the other kids. Of course then they should have stuck with names that actually start with J and not created one. But the trend to stick a 'y' where there should be an 'i' (yes I'm looking at you Sister Wives) or just plain bizarre spellings of names does NOT make it a different name. It just makes it embarrassing for the kid for the rest of their lives. 

• Love 4

I actually came in here to say that. That's the most emotion I've ever seen Jana show - she looked so upset. Ugh. So sad. I hope Josie is doing better now.

• Love 1

Watching Jana sob over Josie was heartbreaking. She and Jill got stuck with an unfair amount of responsibility when Josie was born. I can't imagine being a teenager and my parents expecting me to provide care for a fragile preemie.

• Love 12

Watching Jana sob over Josie was heartbreaking.

JB has a heavy hand in editing this shit. This is all his master plan to paint Jana as domestic (sewing, cooking), sweet (not complaining), and motherly (helping Josh and Anna with the kids , this Josie crisis). Didn't TheDashingBenjerminSeewald say he got the hots for Jessa by watching the show and then drove down to meet her?  This is the creepy, fundie version of e-harmony, run by JB.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 10

JB has a heavy hand in editing this shit. This is all his master plan to paint Jana as domestic (sewing, cooking)

More like camouflaging how undomesticated Michelle is. Where was she during this seizure, the febrile seizure, or really even during  the stage fall. Promoting their wonderful lifestyle, or just hanging out. Not being a mother.

• Love 3

More like camouflaging how undomesticated Michelle is. Where was she during this seizure, the febrile seizure, or really even during  the stage fall. Promoting their wonderful lifestyle, or just hanging out. Not being a mother.

Just like BK10 said earlier, Jana was stuck home with the littles while the married women were out shopping. At least it was implied in the previews, where either Jill or Jessa said they got a call about it. And they showed Michelle, Jill, and Jessa shopping somewhere. If my memory is correct, it was shopping for baby things. Of course.

• Love 2

The episode is called Duggar Kids to the Rescue. Wikipedia says it was in Season 5 ep 14 if you have access to the series online. Here is a brief clip , Josie was still a baby and had a high fever that led to a seizure: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/kids-to-the-rescue/   (I don't know if this link works - the video should be the first result if you google duggar kids to the rescue TLC) 

Luckily, Jana and Jill had each other then.  Jana's voice at the hospital was horse and she looked like a very young mother giving an update about her child. Unbelievable that Jim Bob and Michelle would go to El Salvador when was Josie so medically fragile. She was still on oxygen. The episode description I read stated that they went down with Gil and Kelly Bates to advocate for quicker adoptions from the government. Seems like a parents retreat under the guise of lobbying. Mothers and Fathers should go out with friends to have fun and decompress or to help their church through charity.  That doesn't mean leaving the country, Michelle and Jim Bob. 

The amount of responsibility placed on Jana has been unreal.  I would like to know what we are not seeing if Jim Bob is involved in the edit. It makes the Duggar parents look bad. He and Michelle aren't present other than their big family meetings or outings. It seems like Jana is the behind the scenes person that keeps everything together.  

Edited by Cocka doodle dont
  • Love 4

That scene does exactly the opposite of camouflaging Michelle's maternal inadequacies. All any reasonable person can think when viewing it is, WHERE THE F*CK ARE THE PARENTS?!

• Love 6

I don't think Jim Bob has any hand in the editing of the show.  He could control what is filmed to some extent within the contract by moving things away from the cameras, but he isn't sitting in the editing room in North Carolina as the episodes are finalized.  Can you imagine the chaos that would create?

• Love 7

JB has a heavy hand in editing this shit. This is all his master plan to paint Jana as domestic (sewing, cooking), sweet (not complaining), and motherly (helping Josh and Anna with the kids , this Josie crisis). Didn't TheDashingBenjerminSeewald say he got the hots for Jessa by watching the show and then drove down to meet her?  This is the creepy, fundie version of e-harmony, run by JB.

I don't think JB has that kind of control over the show.  I think the pain and worry on Jana's face was real and genuine. 

• Love 2

I don't get the misspelled thing at all. Actually I understand it with the Duggars because they are so stupidly obsessed with wiping out any uniqueness or individuality in their children they can't fathom a name that doesn't start with the same letter as all the other kids. Of course then they should have stuck with names that actually start with J and not created one. But the trend to stick a 'y' where there should be an 'i' (yes I'm looking at you Sister Wives) or just plain bizarre spellings of names does NOT make it a different name. It just makes it embarrassing for the kid for the rest of their lives.

The excessive Y thing kills me. It just makes me think of the show 16 and pregnant. If you go on Wikipedia and look up the 16&P episode summaries, it gives the names of all the babies born on the show, and the subsequent siblings born after. If you want your brain to hurt, I recommend looking it up.

Someday (within 3 years) when Jinger gets married, if she chooses to take her husband's last name (as if it's a choice in fundydom) I would love it if she quietly changed her legal first name to Ginger. She wouldn't have to make a big deal of it, but it would just make her life a lot easier, if she plans to distance herself from her family. She strikes me as someone who doesn't love the spotlight and chaos, so I can see her shying away from TLC and the clan after getting married.

• Love 1

The problem they have now, if they are really hoping to use the show to attract suitors for Jana, is that every episode they show themselves to be more unsavoury, so they're only going to attract the super creepy weirdos, who are worse than they are.

• Love 4

The excessive Y thing kills me. It just makes me think of the show 16 and pregnant. If you go on Wikipedia and look up the 16&P episode summaries, it gives the names of all the babies born on the show, and the subsequent siblings born after. If you want your brain to hurt, I recommend looking it up.

Someday (within 3 years) when Jinger gets married, if she chooses to take her husband's last name (as if it's a choice in fundydom) I would love it if she quietly changed her legal first name to Ginger. She wouldn't have to make a big deal of it, but it would just make her life a lot easier, if she plans to distance herself from her family. She strikes me as someone who doesn't love the spotlight and chaos, so I can see her shying away from TLC and the clan after getting married.

Ugh - that was a trip to Wikipedia I wish I hadn't made. I didn't know anything about the show so I read the summaries. I never thought anything would make me think that a name like Jinger or Jessa and Ben having a baby so young really isn't so bad. 

I hope that someday there is a lovely young lady name Ginger.... living in NYC.

The episode is called Duggar Kids to the Rescue. Wikipedia says it was in Season 5 ep 14 if you have access to the series online. Here is a brief clip , Josie was still a baby and had a high fever that led to a seizure: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/kids-to-the-rescue/   (I don't know if this link works - the video should be the first result if you google duggar kids to the rescue TLC) 

It's season 7, episode 2. (Imagine -- Wikipedia getting something wrong!)

:-)

• Love 2

Well, I like Masiah too, but as I've found this board to be a friendly place with a lot of very reasonable people, and as some of them were truly uncomfortable with Masiah, I voted for Marsiah.

Agreed. I wasn't feeling Masiah because it made me uncomfortable, but I wasn't going to say anything about it. Once others spoke up, I really loved and appreciated how reasonable posters were about other peoples' beliefs and issues with the name. That definitely wouldn't have happened on a lot of Internet forums. I also TOTALLY appreciate how patient the mods were while we figured a name out, haha. I'm going I be bummed if Marsiah don't make it, as we spent so long trying to figure out what to call them!

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 5

I was okay with Masiah and that was my initial vote, but it's no great hardship to go with Marsiah, especially if other people felt that uncomfortable. I changed my vote to the latter because the only one I didn't really want was Mariah; I just associate that name with HBIC Mariah Carey and did not want the Duggars sullying the true queen, lmao. 

Portmanteaus are srs bsns. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 4

I work in a job were I used to see a lot of names (admission forms), and I've noticed that a lot of young adults who were given 'uniquely' spelled names in the late 80s-90s are now giving their own kids simple names with traditional spellings.

So yeah, I'm all for Jinger changing her spelling, and then if she does have kids, making a point of giving them names that can't possibly misspelled/mispronounced.

• Love 2

I think she's drunk on the attention from the Kool-aid, if that makes sense. Not on the Kool-aid itself, like Jill, but on the attention being a Special Snowflake member of the Duggar Family. She won't change her name or distance herself from anything. Out of all of the older girls, Jinger is the most docile and domesticated - that girl knows her way around a kitchen, enjoys it, and says she loves to take orders. (Not that the other ones don't have some domestic skills, either, but Jana seems so sad, Jessa is a good organizer, but resentful and not motherly, Jill is motherly but can't follow a recipe, and Joy is very capable, but just not into being a substitute teen mom - which I love). 

I didn't like Mariah cause it's an actual name, not a name combination. I suppose you could have named the thread, "They call the wind Mariah." Oh my God, I am going to toddle on back to the nursing home now.

• Love 5

I didn't like Mariah cause it's an actual name, not a name combination. I suppose you could have named the thread, "They call the wind Mariah." Oh my God, I am going to toddle on back to the nursing home now.

Make sure you are wearing non-skid socks, please!

• Love 8

If I were Jana I'd be so scared about my future. She has minimal education, no experience with people outside of her "church", no job experience, nothing. She's completely and utterly unprepared for life, and what makes it really scary is that that's what (I imagine) Gothard wants. I can't imagine growing up in a cult...as far as I can see, it's horrible.

• Love 5