Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm waiting for some pictures  of Jed!2020 serving Thanksgiving dinner at a homeless shelter, church or nursing home tomorrow. 

Yeah I doubt it. More likely preaching at the nursing home. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Good luck with that. 🤣

It'll happen when Mullet gets a properly fitting bra and Jim Bob stops using hairspray (or when their PR person recommends it to save the vanity campaign). 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Those pictures reinforce how those kids aren’t just screwed because of their family beliefs and upbringing but by the TV “fame” their parents sought out and subjected them to. Add in not bright, undereducated, unmotivated, and surrounded by people who throw their sons and daughters at them as sacrificial lambs for some $$ and fame, and we are looking at the absolute worst reality TV situation, I think, that has ever been portrayed. Maybe John and Kate plus 8 but their show didn’t last as long. This show is a case study in to how reality TV destroys its subjects - too bad neither of the parents, nor any of the kids as they became parents and adults, realized this and rescued their family.

Actually, Derrick did realize this and should be commended for that. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Those pictures reinforce how those kids aren’t just screwed because of their family beliefs and upbringing but by the TV “fame” their parents sought out and subjected them to. Add in not bright, undereducated, unmotivated, and surrounded by people who throw their sons and daughters at them as sacrificial lambs for some $$ and fame, and we are looking at the absolute worst reality TV situation, I think, that has ever been portrayed. Maybe John and Kate plus 8 but their show didn’t last as long. This show is a case study in to how reality TV destroys its subjects - too bad neither of the parents, nor any of the kids as they became parents and adults, realized this and rescued their family.

Actually, Derrick did realize this and should be commended for that. 

I'm not sure what is worse. The Duggars or the Gosselins. I went and read the Gosselin topic in the subforum here. I knew Mady and Cara were on Kate Plus Date but I didn't know that they got a special of their own on TLC. Also did not know TLC was willing to pay Jon money to stay with Kate for the show.

The Gosselins might win out by an edge because of the family rifts fame caused. We haven't seen that with the Duggars, yet.  

• Love 7

I think that posting these pictures was a tactical error on Jana's part. The Duggars' hardcore fans and leghumpers aren't going to be pleased. They don't want to be reminded that this is a showbiz family whose home is essentially a stage set. They want to believe that everything they see on Counting On is real and that they somehow have a magical window into life as it's authentically lived in the TTH. They don't want their illusions shattered.

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think that posting these pictures was a tactical error on Jana's part.

I'm surprised that TLC didn't tell her not to break the "4th wall".  Perhaps it's a subtle cry for help?  Nah.... she's not that bright.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It looks like there's barely any Duggars there. Where is everyone? 

I wonder how many of the marrieds made other plans with in-laws. It does look like a light crowd, all things considered. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I see none of the younger kids so they must be in the kitchen with Jana doing all the cooking and cleaning.

Silly you....that would only be the girls.

WTF is "traveling mercies"? All I can think of is Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and we all know she doesn't wear pants....or have fun friends.

• LOL 6

There’s always room for one more when TLC is subsidizing your ridiculously selfish and abusive lifestyle.

Jana was too busy cooking, cleaning, and wrangling the kids. Since she’s the only one with the Internet password Jed must wait to post.

ETA: I do not mind someone inviting those without relatives in the area to join the family during the holidays. The thing is I doubt the Duggars invite anyone who is not like minded, who doesn’t worship the “right” Jesus, 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It looks like there's barely any Duggars there. Where is everyone? 

Maybe the marrieds do Thanksgiving with inlaws & go to TTH for Christmas.   The ones with newborns could have stayed home & in laws brought them dinner.

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I am still waiting for Jedi posing somewhere pretending to feed the homeless.

And pretending to take full credit for organizing/providing the food.

I posted something similar in Jed's thread yesterday.  Definitely a photo op.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I wonder how many of the marrieds made other plans with in-laws. It does look like a light crowd, all things considered. 

I remember this happening last year at Thanksgiving too, and then everyone was at the TTH for Christmas - I suspect they give the other families Tgiving so that they can have Xmas with the Duggars. 😞 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Silly you....that would only be the girls.

WTF is "traveling mercies"? All I can think of is Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and we all know she doesn't wear pants....or have fun 

In my church here in small town Georgia, people often request prayers for "traveling mercies,"  generally meaning that their upcoming trip will be a safe trip. So I think she is thankful that their trips have been safe.

• Useful 8
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I remember this happening last year at Thanksgiving too, and then everyone was at the TTH for Christmas - I suspect they give the other families Tgiving so that they can have Xmas with the Duggars. 😞 

That's possible! Most families I know do some variation of that or celebrate each holiday late/early with one of the other families. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The set up is odd. One would think if you invite folks over for dinner you would sit with them. There doesn't seem to be any Duggars at the tables where the guests are seated.

Well, we seldom accuse the Duggars of relating well to others, so I'd guess it's par for the course. I don't think they're truly comfortable with other people -- hell, they don't even seem very comfortable among themselves.

Their conversation may actually be made up mainly of stiff cliches, things that sound virtuous to them, stupid tacky Jim Bob jokes and maybe awkward silences. I don't get the feeling they're like that only on tv and in videos and social media. 

And they're secretive. Liars. I doubt they're very inclined to let many other people in. 

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can guarantee you that I have had more fun with strangers in a hotel lobby than anyone had at the TTH yesterday.   My secret--alcohol.  

That works. 

But another effective secret won't even cost you anything  -- Don't be the Duggars. 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Zella said:

That's possible! Most families I know do some variation of that or celebrate each holiday late/early with one of the other families. 

Agreed. However, it annoys me if the TTH is always going to get the “bigger” holiday - Xmas. (None of my business, of course!)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Agreed. However, it annoys me if the TTH is always going to get the “bigger” holiday - Xmas. (None of my business, of course!)

My impression is that Jim Bob and Michelle would definitely assume they always got priority over the in-laws for any holiday. I can see them being really pissy if anyone chooses the in-laws over them for the holidays. It will be interesting to see if everybody is present  at the TTH for Christmas or if the marrieds continue to make plans with the in-laws. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

73F08F40-B0BA-4E1C-823E-6AA330868802.jpeg

First of all, I thought the bug-eyed smirker was Cousin Amy. 

Guess it's Jana???  Wow, she sure does love her some Kohl's. Must be the Property Brothers (barf) who lured her in. She lurves those handymen types. And, is that the politician as well as an accountability partner with her?? Do you get a discount at Kohl's if you wear a hat to the early bird specials??

5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can guarantee you that I have had more fun with strangers in a hotel lobby than anyone had at the TTH yesterday.   My secret--alcohol.  

Got to analyze the pix and see who brought their own (covered) mug.

((Hmmm...just thought of this...maybe that's what Jana's (ahem) coffee cup is all about.))

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, drafan said:

First of all, I thought the bug-eyed smirker was Cousin Amy. 

Guess it's Jana???  Wow, she sure does love her some Kohl's. Must be the Property Brothers (barf) who lured her in. She lurves those handymen types. And, is that the politician as well as an accountability partner with her?? Do you get a discount at Kohl's if you wear a hat to the early bird specials??

Got to analyze the pix and see who brought their own (covered) mug.

((Hmmm...just thought of this...maybe that's what Jana's (ahem) coffee cup is all about.))

I actually think that's Jason and ... Justin (in the Newsies) hat. Jason looks like he's Jed!'s twin.  

The hats, I guess, are supposed to be like P. I.s scoping out the deals. It seems like a commercial. 

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Zella said:

My impression is that Jim Bob and Michelle would definitely assume they always got priority over the in-laws for any holiday. I can see them being really pissy if anyone chooses the in-laws over them for the holidays. It will be interesting to see if everybody is present  at the TTH for Christmas or if the marrieds continue to make plans with the in-laws. 

I agree, not that it matters. After all the Duggars sat in front of the Seewalds at Ben’s graduation. It’s always all about them. Can’t wait for another scandal to wipe them out. But they are like fucking cockroaches, they’ll survive a nuclear holocaust.

Nice to see Jana had a spare minute to post for Jed. I think the guys are Jed and Justin.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Hey y'all! Champion Motor Cars wasn't raided! Come on by and buy a lemon! 

The video is of the office with a quick swipe showing a couple of vehicles (one with a dent). That’s marketing?

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The video is of the office with a quick swipe showing a couple of vehicles (one with a dent). That’s marketing?

Don't forget Baby Jesus. Gotta make sure they don't show off the clunkers they sell because they need poor unfortunate souls to buy them.

17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Buy from champion, we’ve got one less competitor now! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And what’s with the guitar?

And the piano!  I've never seen one of those in a car dealership, for sure.

I had to watch again so I could notice the dented car.  It's a big dent, too!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4