Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 9/7/2018 at 9:35 AM, MaryAnneSpier said:

Here is the husband's facebook page. So far, it's still accessible to the public. If the courtship becomes public, I wonder if he'll make it private. I love his job title: Relational Leadership Coach. That's one I've never heard before. 

https://www.facebook.com/christopher.s.hogan

So the father and I have several mutual friends.  I shouldn’t be too surprised since I went to a Christian college about 70 miles from Springfield.....but here we are.  I’m so crashing that wedding. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That rings a slight bell...although I don't recall ever reading or seeing it, my mind is conjuring up a paperback with a movie-poster type cover featuring Desi Arnaz Jr, who I had a crush on when I was about 13. Would that be right?

Yes, that's correct!  The female lead character was named July.

Oops sorry - deleted due to mod warning-same time posting.  

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 4
On 9/8/2018 at 6:00 PM, GeeGolly said:

I agree with honoring Jana with her own thread. Lets face it, we've invested a lot in this family and it would be nice for Jana to have her own thread as we walk beside her during this season of life.

I don't have any extra feelings for Jana, but as a non-Fundy woman I agree with other posters that we could acknowledge her on PTV in a way that she'll never be acknowledged IRL - as a real female human that counts, even without a man or dad lording over her.

My heading choice: Jana Duggar 

I got it! Jana Duggar: All I’m Asking is for a Little Respect

• Love 10
On 9/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I got it! Jana Duggar: All I’m Asking is for a Little Respect

WTH the Duggars are slacking on the "ads" for Jana. I'm losing out hope that her Prince will come.

Speaking of Jana, did I read somewhere that there was an arrangement for her to marry a boy (Chad Paine??) but he backed out? I need confirmation since I'm getting older and can't remember sh!t! 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

WTH the Duggars are slacking on the "ads" for Jana. I'm losing out hope that her Prince will come.

Speaking of Jana, did I read somewhere that there was an arrangement for her to marry a boy (Chad Paine??) but he backed out? I need confirmation since I'm getting older and can't remember sh!t! 

According to Pickles (translation: take with a grain of salt because she's nuts), Jana was arranged to marry a boy while both were teenagers. He backed out and the residual hurt and embarrassment is what's caused Jana to remain single ever since. I threw out a wild guess and wondered if it was Chad, because the ages and shared family lunacy match up. I have no proof either way and Pickles never mentioned names.

• Love 7

From what I have read, Jana had an interest some years ago in Chad Paine, but Kelly Bates snatched him up for her precious Erin. If Michelle gave a real damn about her daughters, she would have made sure she beat Kelly out with Chad for HER daughter, Jana. That's what I remember.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, floridamom said:

From what I have read, Jana had an interest some years ago in Chad Paine, but Kelly Bates snatched him up for her precious Erin. If Michelle gave a real damn about her daughters, she would have made sure she beat Kelly out with Chad for HER daughter, Jana. That's what I remember.

Wow. Just wow. So Chad had no say? He was basically sold off to the highest bidder?

• Love 6

I only want Jana to get married if she wants to get married.  I'm not convinced she does, but in her world this is the closest she can come to living single.

I don't think the ads do any good. All the ads for John David  starting on 19 K&C, and he finally found someone by actually talking to someone in their community.

15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wow. Just wow. So Chad had no say? He was basically sold off to the highest bidder?

I don't know of any real connection between Jana and Chad. Her description of her ideal man sounded like Chad. Chad was attracted to Erin the moment they met. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

The story Erin tells is that she saw Chad at a Valentine's dance (yes, i remember her calling it a dance) and she started talking to him. She gave him her number. I don't know if she had to ask permission but the girl didn't waste time!! I think Kelly has good instincts when it comes to matchmaking. Too bad Jana isn't a Bates. She would be a totally different person if she was. Kelly lets her kids express themselves and have fun. The Bates kids actually have good relationships among themselves. The Duggars seem like total strangers at times. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

What was the purpose of this. It's a pity party for Jana in the comments. 

That's the "ad" I was talking about!! Come on you guys have been around a long time, you know how it  works, "loves God, servant's heart, loves children but most of all loves Jesus!" 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

The story Erin tells is that she saw Chad at a Valentine's dance (yes, i remember her calling it a dance) and she started talking to him. She gave him her number. I don't know if she had to ask permission but the girl didn't waste time!! I think Kelly has good instincts when it comes to matchmaking. Too bad Jana isn't a Bates. She would be a totally different person if she was. Kelly lets her kids express themselves and have fun. The Bates kids actually have good relationships among themselves. The Duggars seem like total strangers at times. 

Small correction, it was a dinner, not a dance. I have heard them tell the story multiple times. Chad was a waiter. I'm pretty sure David Waller was also at this Gothard event. 

• Love 2

There's Jana with those Birkenstock-like sandals. Did anyone notice when she was decorating for the Sip & See party that she stood ON THE DINING TABLE with those shoes on her feet? How disgusting is that? I highly doubt that anyone disinfected the table before the event....OR after. Have they no personal cleanliness?

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, floridamom said:

There's Jana with those Birkenstock-like sandals. Did anyone notice when she was decorating for the Sip & See party that she stood ON THE DINING TABLE with those shoes on her feet? How disgusting is that? I highly doubt that anyone disinfected the table before the event....OR after. Have they no personal cleanliness?

They've been walking on countertops since time immemorial. Joy was pictured in an earlier ep walking around the house barefoot with the bottoms of her feet black. It's really nothing new for them.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, floridamom said:

Considering how different Jana and Erin are (that we know of, anyway, because who the hell knows with Jana), I think it's possible Chad wouldn't have been interested in her. Erin is just so bubbly and cute and needy. Jana is--apparently--calm and self-sufficient. It's like when people say Jessa chose to set up Jeremy with Jinger instead of Jana as if she were slighting Jana, when going by the personalities involved, Jeremy and Jana would have been all wrong for each other.

• Love 7

Jana would've worked well with Austin, had he been a few years older. Austin doesn't strike me as the "opposites attract" type and I don't think Jana wants a self-absorbed pretty boy. They're both quiet, handy and independent. I think she'd enjoy a relationship where she gets to garden and putter around the house while having a husband who doesn't put a lot of emotional demands on her. 

• Love 12
19 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

That's the "ad" I was talking about!! Come on you guys have been around a long time, you know how it  works, "loves God, servant's heart, loves children but most of all loves Jesus!" 

And taken at a distance so the prospective grooms don't see how old she is.

(totally kidding about someone not even 30 being old, but sadly in their world it is).

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, Lunera said:

What was the purpose of this? It's a pity party for Jana in the comments. 

"She loves to serve others but is so exhausted from doing all of the stuff JimBob and I were supposed to be doing these past 27 years that she's actually falling over! Also, we see her as an ancient classic car. Classic, but just really old and obsolete."

• Love 13
On 7/16/2018 at 4:43 PM, Temperance said:

The engagement will coincide with the new season of Counting On hitting the airwaves. Wedding seems likely to be the first week in November. 

This is absolutely tacky, but I'm quoting myself because I called it. There must be a reason  TLC I mean, the Duggars, schedule their weddings for that first week in November. 

To stay on topic, I wonder which lonely J will be getting married November 2020. 

• Love 13

I don't know what to make of the missed Jana/Chad connection, but however it went down it's pathetic that two grown ass adults have to wait for their mommies to play chess to tell them which slob they get to marry. It's your potential partner - YOU make a move ffs! The Duggars are so socially repressed they treat courting like an eighth grade dance their parents are forcing them to attend.

Edited by Guest
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I don't know what to make of the missed Jana/Chad connection, but however it went down it's pathetic that two grown ass adults have to wait for their mommies to play chess to tell them which slob they get to marry.

If there even was a missed connection.  It's still all rumor and conjecture that there was a guy (although it seems likely she may have had a distant crush on someone) and that the guy was Chad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

I wonder what the movie was?  The picture is too blurry for me to see much of anything.

All I can tell is that appears to be a baby on the screen.   Maybe something about Moses or the bible, or something political or maybe even their own birth specials again?  I don't know. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Temperance said:

All I can tell is that appears to be a baby on the screen.   Maybe something about Moses or the bible, or something political or maybe even their own birth specials again?  I don't know. 

My impression was a luger. Though that would be too defrauding.

I was thinking about how someone asked Derick if Jana and Laura are lesbians. I have a feeling the Duggars will get a new nanny/tutor to replace Laura soon. And that Jana will be courting sooner rather than later. I'm now saying Fall 2019 if not Spring 2019. (There's about two courtships a year.) If getting married will actually make her happy, I'm all for it. If she's getting married, because her family and fans are pressuring that's sadder to me than her current situation. I hope she is able to make decisions based on what she wants, but that's probably hard to do for a Duggar. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I was thinking about how someone asked Derick if Jana and Laura are lesbians. I have a feeling the Duggars will get a new nanny/tutor to replace Laura soon. And that Jana will be courting sooner rather than later. I'm now saying Fall 2019 if not Spring 2019. (There's about two courtships a year.) If getting married will actually make her happy, I'm all for it. If she's getting married, because her family and fans are pressuring that's sadder to me than her current situation. I hope she is able to make decisions based on what she wants, but that's probably hard to do for a Duggar. 

I wondered if they featured her so much in the last episode in an attempt to drum up interest and get her married off. I know, it was her birthday trip (allegedly) but I suspected that storyline was created specifically so they could advertise her availability. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I wondered if they featured her so much in the last episode in an attempt to drum up interest and get her married off. I know, it was her birthday trip (allegedly) but I suspected that storyline was created specifically so they could advertise her availability. 

Quite possibly. The trip took place two months after the twins' actual birthday, so there has to be a reason they sold it as a "birthday trip" as opposed to a regular family vacation. If the goal was to sell Jana, I have to say they didn't do a very good job of it. She came off as bossy and overbearing, two qualities men just love in a wife, lol. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, I just looked at the forum title and realized the Lonely J's is down to four members. Poor Jana.

If Boob gets wind of the lesbian rumors, Laura will most definitely be sent packing. 

I am still waiting for counting on/19 kids and counting to be told they are cancelled. JB doesn't have anyone to marry and no one is willing to get pregnant to save the show. Ok, maybe Jessa but hasn't yet. 

So...Jim Boob pitches Jana and Laura are a couple and getting married since both are somehow pregnant.  #Loveislove #Miracle

ETA Then the show is renewed. 

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I read somewhere that it was denied that Laura is the childrens' tutor. If this is so, why is she there?

I don’t think she has ever formally been introduced to the viewers. They just treat her like she’s a Duggar and hope we don’t notice.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

I don’t think she has ever formally been introduced to the viewers. They just treat her like she’s a Duggar and hope we don’t notice.  

I think they figure the casual viewer cannot tell one Duggar from the next, and, since the premise of the show is based on a huge family, tossing a couple of randos into the shots just supports the theme.

• Love 19
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, I just looked at the forum title and realized the Lonely J's is down to four members. Poor Jana.

If Boob gets wind of the lesbian rumors, Laura will most definitely be sent packing. 

THAT wedding/marriage would be a lot more interesting and bring in more viewers BOOB!  Just sayin'.

• Love 10