Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 12/4/2020 at 7:20 PM, Spazamanaz said:

Especially Jedidiah. Oh  I would love to smack that smugness right off of his fat, ugly smuggy smug face!

He's definitely become Smuggar 2.0 and he seems to have gotten worse over the last year or so. I think that being chosen by Jim Bob to be the family's next political star (and the resulting attention it brought him) went right to his head.  

• Love 12

yes Elijah Kaneshiro who has lived with the Duggars for many years now. has been shown on the show a few times. Claims his job is foreman at Duggar Contstruction. Had a court verdict against him several years ago to repay $19,000 in credit card debt.

from his instagram he seems to just flit about visiting  other fundies  - @hawaiiansurfingboy

• Love 6
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Dude, you flip houses. What kind of "business" does one do in Colorado?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIhHyt9DUl-/?igshid=oecyigmtr6fz

Whatever the "business" is it apparently requires an arrogant facial expression. (or maybe that's just me)

They look so frigging sure of themselves to me. They remind me of teen Josh's look and demeanor back when he was the emcee of that early Duggar special, soon after the hidden everybody-does-it sexual molestations. When I watched that a few years ago, I thought I'd never seen a teenage boy show quite that level of arrogance (and I taught high school for many years,). 

And that arrogant look annoys me the way JB's look does, although I also feel sort of bad for them because they have nothing to be arrogant about and they really have nothing to fall back on if the family money and prominence ever dwindle--but they don't know it. They're as suited for operating in the real world as Josh is, but they look like they believe themselves to be kings of the world. (or maybe that's still just me)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And that arrogant look annoys me the way JB's look does, although I also feel sort of bad for them because they have nothing to be arrogant about and they really have nothing to fall back on if the family money and prominence ever dwindle--but they don't know it. They're as suited for operating in the real world as Josh is, but they look like they believe themselves to be kings of the world. (or maybe that's still just me)

I love you.

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Zella said:

If I didn't have context for the pictures, I'd assume they were of a gay couple on a romantic ski vacation. 

The unwed moms with blue hair were probably in the seat behind them. 😬

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not surprised. I predicted that Jed! would have to give the landlord his 30 day notice the day after it wasn't necessary for him to live in Springdale any longer.

They're probably scouting the next county to have a vacancy coming up soon and will be "moving",  so Jed can continue on his new career path.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 12/6/2020 at 7:58 AM, floridamom said:

When I posted "The Four Virgins" I just want to make clear that I absolutely respect others' standards about not having actual sex before marriage with anyone...it's the Duggar definition of 'purity' that I poke fun at ....chaperones, no holding hands, etc..

It's the holding of celibacy and other such things as a cudgel of superiority above others that I can't stand.

• Love 11

Those Duggar boys age so terrifyingly rapidly when they hit 18 or so.

What happened to Jed? He was kind of cute and then suddenly,  his face blew up and he now looks like a chipmunk version of Josh. And the hot sinner twin is going down the same road.  I wonder if Jackson, who finally seems to grow a little will remain half decent looking

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Those Duggar boys age so terrifyingly rapidly when they hit 18 or so.

What happened to Jed? He was kind of cute and then suddenly,  his face blew up and he now looks like a chipmunk version of Josh. And the hot sinner twin is going down the same road.  I wonder if Jackson, who finally seems to grow a little will remain half decent looking

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised to see it happening to sinner twin. I thought his bone structure might resist it better. ....

But now I'm beginning to think it's only partly to do with their bone structures and features and quite a bit to do with their settling fully into the Jim Bob (and Meeechelle) patented smug, lazy, incurious, ignorant, self-satisfied and I'm-so-much-better-than-thou attitude. And that that's a big thing ruining their faces as they age. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23

Dunno if feeling smug can make you that ugly though.

But Jed is a scary example- his face literally blew up overnight and seems bloated and chipmunky. Adding his smugness to the mix does not help, of course.

Their genetics are truly terrible though. The receding hairline is bad enough. Plus, whatever else might come their way later when their crappy eating habits catch up with them

• Love 10

Jase is right behind Jed in the rapid descent of looking like Josh. same face, same facial hair, same smug look on his face all the dang time.

sometimes the bday things come up and it shocks me how young some of them actually are. for example, I think of Joe as mid 30s.  Joe is only turning 26 next month I think

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jase is right behind Jed in the rapid descent of looking like Josh. same face, same facial hair, same smug look on his face all the dang time.

sometimes the bday things come up and it shocks me how young some of them actually are. for example, I think of Joe as mid 30s.  Joe is only turning 26 next month I think

I have this same response to their ages. And for some reason, Josiah's age is even more shocking to me than Joe's. ... Josiah's only 24 and won't turn 25 till about two thirds of the way through 2021. 

They are very young still. And they look way older to me.

And Joe's on the verge of having three kids already. (which I expect may help accelerate the aging process as well....!)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, kaleidoscope said:

I am having great difficulty telling Jed and Josiah apart.

Jed! is smugger; Josiah is sadder, and has even less hair. Don't get me wrong, Josiah went through his smug phase, too, but nowadays he just looks kind of lost. Jed! definitely has the more punchable face, currently.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I have this same response to their ages. And for some reason, Josiah's age is even more shocking to me than Joe's. ... Josiah's only 24 and won't turn 25 till about two thirds of the way through 2021. 

They are very young still. And they look way older to me.

And Joe's on the verge of having three kids already. (which I expect may help accelerate the aging process as well....!)

And yet, newly engaged Justin looks like he is 14. Go figure.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

replying to @JoanArc from the Josh thread.

Been a long time sice I saw it, but Jana was on the program IIRC.

Oh okay- thank you for clarifying. 

I know in the fundy culture there is a lot of pressure on young women to stay very trim, (yet they are not supposed to engage in physical activity, which perplexes me) if Jana joined I hope its cause she wanted to not because she was pressured.

27 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

if Jana joined I hope its cause she wanted to not because she was pressured.

IIRC, there was a brief period when Michelle was harping on Jana being "fat", which puzzled us here because Jana wasn't really overweight at all. I don't think Michelle really thought that Jana had a weight problem, she's just always seemed to really dislike Jana. I think she was just looking for an excuse to pick on Jana and decided that taunting her for being "fat" would be as much fun as anything.

Episode was called Duggars on a Diet. Jana it seems was 19 at the time - found this interesting from 2017.

https://www.gospelherald.com/articles/70403/20170510/counting-season-3-update-joy-anna-duggar-weight-loss.htm

there is more in the article Jer and Jing did a pre wedding diet - but as far as michelle and Jana there was this

"The Institute in Basic Life Principles, or the IBLP, is known for being a religious organization strongly supported by the Duggars. The group has brought on a deep-rooted impact on the Duggar family’s rules and regulations on multiple aspects, including their fashion choices and food preparations. The Duggars have actively participated in previous IBLP events, such as the Big Sandy Family Conference.

Michelle Duggar opened up at one of the IBLP’s conferences years ago, sharing her tips for a happy life after marriage. She included a piece of advice that stated: “Let God and your husband know you care about your weight.”

“God is concerned about overeating and being over-weight,” her statement read. “Weight control requires consistent conformity to God’s principles of living.”

However, Michelle Duggar is familiar with the situation that being extremely conscious of one’s weight may result to unhealthy practices. The Duggar matriarch suffered an eating disorder during her teenage years. Opening up to People, Michelle thanked her husband, Jim Bob, for helping her cope with bulimia. When she feels the urge to vomit, she would call and speak with him instead.

“I found out that genetically I could put on weight easily, but with my activities, gymnastics and cheerleading, it was important for me not to. I would look around and compare myself to my friends, saying, ‘oh my, she’s so small,’ or ‘she has such skinny legs,'” Michelle revealed, drawing attention to her problems with body image.

These days, the Duggar matriarch uses Weight Watchers for maintaining the ideal weight, although she has not been the first member of the Duggar family to take on the program. In an episode of “19 Kids and Counting” aired in 2009, Jana was revealed to have been participating in Weight Watchers meetings for the past years. Jana was 19 years old when the “Duggars on a Diet” episode was filmed."

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

However, Michelle Duggar is familiar with the situation that being extremely conscious of one’s weight may result to unhealthy practices. The Duggar matriarch suffered an eating disorder during her teenage years. Opening up to People, Michelle thanked her husband, Jim Bob, for helping her cope with bulimia. When she feels the urge to vomit, she would call and speak with him instead.

“I found out that genetically I could put on weight easily, but with my activities, gymnastics and cheerleading, it was important for me not to. I would look around and compare myself to my friends, saying, ‘oh my, she’s so small,’ or ‘she has such skinny legs,'” Michelle revealed, drawing attention to her problems with body image.

These days, the Duggar matriarch uses Weight Watchers for maintaining the ideal weight, although she has not been the first member of the Duggar family to take on the program. In an episode of “19 Kids and Counting” aired in 2009, Jana was revealed to have been participating in Weight Watchers meetings for the past years. Jana was 19 years old when the “Duggars on a Diet” episode was filmed."

If Michelle actually suffered from bulimia, I am sorry she went through that. But this is Michelle, a known drama queen, likely she was just shorter and more curvy than her friends and felt "fat" as a teen, and projected that on Jana.

I know the idea of what is "fat" I subjective based on cultural attitudes, and many young people put on body fat before puberty and your body changes so much between puberty and adulthood I could see any kid feeling odd about that, add in a parent that criticizes you or pushes their insecurities onto you that would be torture.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I do not mean to denigrate eating disorders, but, if I was to talk to Jim Bob, I think I would be more likely to vomit, not less.  Actually, I could stand to lose some weight, too bad I don't have his phone number.

If I really thought that Michelle actually had an eating disorder, I might be more respectful.

Gothard has a lot of very restrictive ideas about the activities and appearance of women and the insistence that women maintain their figure was a big part of that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Pickles has from one of her "sources" that duggars are getting out of the junker car business and going full on property rental/house flipping. I have been wondering about this for a few months. Jed's car lot has been down to around 15 junkers. all the campers, RVs, work utility trucks disappeared all at once it seemed. and then Jed got a new LLC called Ambassador Properties registered in his name at the car lot address in mid November.

source also claims Jana is working on getting a pilot's license.....

• Useful 7