Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

No. Holding hands = engaged. Courting, you get side hugs. Remember how J'chelle flipped out over Jessa and Ben HOLDING HANDS while the entire family was holding hands in prayer at some restaurant?

Thank you! I actually had never watched an episode of the show until a few weeks ago when I watched the marriage retreat episode, so I never watched that episode. I do remember people talking about the hand-holding flip out now, though. LOL I attended some fairly conservative churches growing up but never one in which holding hands in prayer was going to morally corrupt you. These people are cracked. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Lauren2 is blessed indeed in the restrictive pool of suitors IMO, as James is usually to be found in the background of a Duggar picture making googly-eyes at some baby niece or nephew.  For what they want out of life (Breeding machines 4-eva!), he'd be my pick of the litter, as I think he'd really be enthusiastic about being a father.  (Now, don't go and disappoint me, James!)

• Love 3
On 12/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, dariafan said:

Bring on the extra toes !

Since double first cousins from sets of siblings have nothing to do with consanguinity, I think their safe. I had two uncles whose wives were sister, so their children were double cousins. 

I agree that the still shot out of context of the video is making this "courtship" up out of nothing. Lauren C might end up with a Duggar, but who knows at this point. I wouldnt be surprised if Jim Bob allowsa younger son to jump line to marry, though. Two 18 year olds have many years of fertility, and he does have that goal of reaching 200 grandkids. Jana isn't participating, Jinger will likely limit hers to around 4, and JD got a late start. Jill seems to have dropped out of the race, too. Someone has to pick up the slack.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, xwordfanatik said:

So there will be two Lauren Duggars?  How confusing

I have 2 sisters in law with the same first name.  We simply referred to them as SIL 1 and SIL 2.  When SIL 1 passed away, we stopped using the numbers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

She could be called Lauren Marie (TM Maxwells)

Someone on FJ started a fake rumor that Anna Marie wasn't her real name. This seems to be false. The Maxwells have never stated how old she was, but someone on the internet has found out her exact age. If Anna Marie wasn't her real name, that they probably would have that out too. 

The point Anna Marie is her real name. The Laurens wouldn't be called Marie, because their middles aren't Marie. Their real names Lauren Milagro Swanson Duggar and Lauren Hope Caldwell. 

On 12/16/2019 at 9:29 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Kendra was petrified to side hug until they were engaged. I'm sure Pa Caldwell is pretty strict.

Typical fundie hypocrite. Isn't Kendra the product of premarital hanky panky? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Typical fundie hypocrite. Isn't Kendra the product of premarital hanky panky? 

Not necessarily. I've personally known women who got pregnant literally on the wedding night. Due date is 40 weeks after the first day of the last period. Most women deliver between 38 and 42 weeks from that date, so 40 weeks splits the difference. However, thise who deliver on the earlier side of full term (37-38 weeks) can appear to have had a baby only 8 months after marriage. It's possible that they didn't wait, but it's also very possible that they were virgins on their wedding day. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

So the James Duggar and Lauren Caldwell rumors started with a picture Reddit supposedly had of them holding hands. Now there's a video of them baking together. Is the picture will all their hands on the oven door the one where they're holding hands or is there another holding hands photo out there?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were courting and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't courting. Another courtship would be good for ratings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

So the James Duggar and Lauren Caldwell rumors started with a picture Reddit supposedly had of them holding hands. Now there's a video of them baking together. Is the picture will all their hands on the oven door the one where they're holding hands or is there another holding hands photo out there?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were courting and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't courting. Another courtship would be good for ratings. 

The picture they posted of Lauren and James supposedly holding hands is a screenshot of the video of them baking. Their hands merely touched but they seem pretty comfortable with each other in the video. 

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought that Kendra was born more like 7 months after the wedding. 

Yeah, because I remember the dates between their wedding and Kendra's birth correspond very closely to those of when I had my first son (although he's over 10 years older than she is). We were married Jan 26, and he was born (all 8lb 4 oz of him) on August 23.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Jana, FYI, please get a manicure before polishing your nails. They look awful like that.

Yep. Messy cuticles. Not a good look when you're getting paid to promote nail polish.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And why would JAMES be involved in the gender cake in the first place? That was Lauren's secret. It's a bit suspicious.

Didn't Kendra say Lauren, James and Jenny were the secret keepers?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Ahem - "No, this is not an ad" 🙄

Oh. Sorry. I missed that part.

My, my, my. Posting about a product on SM without promotional consideration - that's something new for a Duggar. 

• Love 2
On 12/18/2019 at 12:27 AM, Zella said:

Thank you! I actually had never watched an episode of the show until a few weeks ago when I watched the marriage retreat episode, so I never watched that episode. I do remember people talking about the hand-holding flip out now, though. LOL I attended some fairly conservative churches growing up but never one in which holding hands in prayer was going to morally corrupt you. These people are cracked. 

Also showing off. (I'm so godly and concerned with purity that seeing male and female hands touch upsets me horribly -- on Jesus's behalf!) Also unutterably stupid. Also oh so aware that she was on TeeVee at the time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jana, FYI, please get a manicure before polishing your nails. They look awful like that.

Jana is the workhorse of that family and those are working hands. I don't remember seeing Michelle's hands close up but compare Jana's rough hands to JillRod's perfectly manicured fingers.  You can easily tell that she does no work and her kids do everything.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Those nail are rough. She's not gonna move much product.

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Yep. Messy cuticles. Not a good look when you're getting paid to promote nail polish.

It looks like John Boy did her nails. He was really going at Abbie's cuticles (with what looked like nail clippers) when he did her manicure.  

I agree she has working hands but she should have at least thrown on some hand lotion. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Ahem - "No, this is not an ad" 🙄

If it's not an ad, then what is it?  What would be the point of posting it?  I get that she doesn't tout any specific brand, but is the post meant for potential advertisers who might see it and think she's the one to plug their stuff?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And why would JAMES be involved in the gender cake in the first place? That was Lauren's secret. It's a bit suspicious.

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Kendra say Lauren, James and Jenny were the secret keepers?

It would make more sense for James (or Jenny) to hold the secret if this were Jill's child. Joe was not their assigned buddy growing up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

If it's not an ad, then what is it?  What would be the point of posting it?  I get that she doesn't tout any specific brand, but is the post meant for potential advertisers who might see it and think she's the one to plug their stuff?

I think those might be affiliate links. I don’t think those have the same rules as an ad but she does receive some benefit from them. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It would make more sense for James (or Jenny) to hold the secret if this were Jill's child. Joe was not their assigned buddy growing up.

I'm fairly sure they were involved. I have no idea why though.

• Love 1
On 12/17/2019 at 8:13 PM, Scarlett45 said:

There are two Debras (Same last name) in my family- A cousin of mine married a Debra and his sister is a Debra. Us younger cousins called our bio cousin Debbie and our cousin’s wife “Ms Debra”. It worked out. 

My best friend's husband has a sister named Debra and his brother married a Deborah. They pretty much call them both Deb. 

• Love 2

Remember when the Duggar girls were shown delivering trays of Christmas cookies & other sweets to the first  responders of their town way back when?  I guess this tradition has gone by the wayside.  Was Jed2020 pictured bringing food to a food bank, giving a donation  to a charity, etc.?  It would have been a perfect photo op. 

Do the Duggars give back to the hospital where Josie stayed for months in the NICU?  I'm a firm believer that if they do, the public would know about it so I guess the answer to my question is a NO.

ETA:  Even the Maxwells pass out small loaves of sweet bread  when they go Christmas caroling.  I'm sure there's a Jesus tract tucked in with the bread but i think it is a nice thing to do. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Remember when the Duggar girls were shown delivering trays of Christmas cookies & other sweets to the first  responders of their town way back when?  I guess this tradition has gone by the wayside.  Was Jed2020 pictured bringing food to a food bank, giving a donation  to a charity, etc.?  It would have been a perfect photo op. 

Do the Duggars give back to the hospital where Josie stayed for months in the NICU?  I'm a firm believer that if they do, the public would know about it so I guess the answer to my question is a NO.

Of course they didn’t give back to the hospital, because it was “god” who saved Josie, not the heathen medical staff.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Of course they didn’t give back to the hospital, because it was “god” who saved Josie, not the heathen medical staff.

But they did give back. They had a big old family flea market fundraiser and raised a little over 18K that they gave to the children’s hospital that treated Josie. This was shown in season 12, episode 9.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

But they did give back. They had a big old family flea market fundraiser and raised a little over 18K that they gave to the children’s hospital that treated Josie. This was shown in season 12, episode 9.

Oh I know they did that. 

I'm talking about something like a yearly donation to the NICU on Josie's birthday.  It can always be tied into Christmas since her birthday is in December.  

This family barely works. They couldn't stay in Little Rock for a week or two & donate THEIR TIME to the hospital?  Hospitals always need volunteers even if it is behind the scenes.   Is there a Ronald McDonald type of house they could help out at?   Donate toys to the hospital's pediatric unit?  Help out in the gift shop or information desk.  I know some of the girls were scared when JB forced them to give blood but there has to be a few others that could donate blood now.   

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Oh I know they did that. 

I'm talking about something like a yearly donation to the NICU on Josie's birthday.  It can always be tied into Christmas since her birthday is in December.  

This family barely works. They couldn't stay in Little Rock for a week or two & donate THEIR TIME to the hospital?  Hospitals always need volunteers even if it is behind the scenes.   Is there a Ronald McDonald type of house they could help out at?   Donate toys to the hospital's pediatric unit?  Help out in the gift shop or information desk.  I know some of the girls were scared when JB forced them to give blood but there has to be a few others that could donate blood now.   

What's really frustrating, too, is that even if going to Little Rock was prohibitive for them, there's a relatively new children's hospital in Springdale. It's even the same hospital system as the one Josie was in at Little Rock--Arkansas Children's--and it's about 10-15 minutes from these people. It's been a godsend to people in this area who before had no choice but to go to Little Rock for even basic appointments and procedures. I know someone who has a specialized kidney case as a child and still is in fragile health because of it who basically had to make that 6 hour round trip to Little Rock for even basic doctor's appointments because that's where her doctors were.

You'd think the Duggars, after their experience with Josie, would recognize how valuable it is for the community and other people who were in their situation to have it right there, but I've certainly never heard of them supporting it in anyway. (Meanwhile, the local corporations, like Wal-Mart and Tyson and J.B. Hunt and George's, poured shitloads of money into it.)

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If I’m in the hospital and a gaggle of Duggars reeking of sanctimony and self-congratulation gets anywhere near me, I don’t care how sick I am, at least one of them is going home with a Bible up their ass.

This is the reality show we need. 😉 

• LOL 23
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Oh I know they did that. 

Hospitals don't want random volunteers off the street. Someone I know volunteers at a hospital. It took longer than 2 weeks just to get accepted into the volunteer program. All the volunteers at that hospital have to go through the program.  The hospital runs background checks on volunteers to make sure people who might have access to records, patients, etc. are reasonably safe, responsible people to be around. Also most hospitals have an age requirement. 

The older children could volunteer a local hospital now. It might give them too much access to real world though. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Hospitals don't want random volunteers off the street. Someone I know volunteers at a hospital. It took longer than 2 weeks just to get accepted into the volunteer program. All the volunteers at that hospital have to go through the program.  The hospital runs background checks on volunteers to make sure people who might have access to records, patients, etc. are reasonably safe, responsible people to be around. Also most hospitals have an age requirement. 

The older children could volunteer a local hospital now. It might give them too much access to real world though. 

Yup. Becoming a volunteer is the same process as being hired for a job. CORI checks, medical check-ups, HIPAA and compliance trainings, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think JB looks good at all.  Maybe some legal & other things are waring on him.

Agreed--Incidentally, I didn't notice Michelle in any of the gift-opening pictures, though I did see him in several. I know she was there, but I found that interesting. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think JB looks good at all.  Maybe some legal & other things are waring on him.

I think he's just showing his age. Fortunately, so is Josie. She looks more kid and less alien now. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

I liked Lauren's hat. (Not being snarky--I want one! LOL)

I don't love it with the banana curls and I'm not a fan of hats indoors.  Then again, I'm not a fan of Lauren's. either, so I could be biased.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't love it with the banana curls and I'm not a fan of hats indoors.  Then again, I'm not a fan of Lauren's. either, so I could be biased.

I have an unhealthy love for hats, so I am sure that makes me more biased toward it than is strictly normal. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 4